Speaker 1: Hey, no such thing as a Sunday scaries. When you got a new podcast. Yes, Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. You found the Second Date Update podcast And every Sunday we do a little something special than we do on the show.
Speaker 2: This time it's a brand new Say Yes to the X.
Speaker 1: And we do already have some comments because it was up on YouTube already.
Speaker 2: What are people saying about this episode?
Speaker 3: Someone named Rooster said, not everyone should be able to buy a mic Okay, this is about say Yes to the X.
Speaker 1: That should be you should have to pass some sort of test to be able to own a microphon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're gonna understand why.
Speaker 1: They said that, starting right now with your brand new Say Yes to the X here with Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Everyone knows when it comes to relationships, the biggest fights always start over the dumbest, most trivial things.
Speaker 3: That is so true.
Speaker 4: Brooks told us that her marriage almost ended four different times over how to properly load the dishwasher.
Speaker 3: No, I told there, ye can figure it out. I mean he like, why would you put the bulls like that? Just don't understand.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's not here, right now buy you can have that fight later when you go home. But naturally, that's why one of our listeners has reached out. He got dumped months ago by his ex girlfriend during an argument about toenails. Not only has he changed his way since then, he's brought receipts to prove it, hoping he can get one more chance with her. We'll see if it works out. In a brand new Say Yes to the X. Right after this, it's Brooken Jeffrey in the morning back with a brand new edition of Say Yes to the X. Oh Yeah, if you haven't heard it before, it's where we try to connect two mostly sane people who've been broken up with each other for whatever reason, and one of them wants another chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And it's interesting because in the past week we've received a lot of submissions from people who want to reconnect with an old flame.
Speaker 2: Is like the season for it, or something's going.
Speaker 5: On out of the any of us, any of our exes.
Speaker 4: Jeff thank you for bringing this up, because Brooke, I wanted to say this directly to you. Yeah, God, please stop submitting. We have received fourteen different email requests from Brook with different guys on each one, and well, we appreciate you not only being a host but also a listener to the show. We're gonna ask you to pause your thirst, try to quench it for a little bit, and maybe help out someone else who's not working on this show.
Speaker 3: Family Jeffrey A. I am happily married and b.
Speaker 4: And why do you puay air quotes up every time?
Speaker 3: I have way more than fourteen exes that never would be vastly hot.
Speaker 4: But only fourteen that you really pined for. Still Anyway, I'm sure we could discuss your dating history for years and years on this show, but let's try and help out somebody who needs our help right now. His name is Gavin. Thanks for being here, dude, tell us about this X that you want to reconnect with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Phil Michelle, we dated for a little while, a few months, I guess. Then it was going really well. I was super into her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, first few.
Speaker 1: Months normally go really well, right, you would hope, Yeah, starts off bad, then it's usually a red flag.
Speaker 3: Why did you guys break up?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I've been doing this podcast where I would tell personal stories from my life.
Speaker 3: You were the host. You were telling your own stuff on the podcast.
Speaker 4: You're our competition.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: So people think this is so simple, but it gets messy real quick.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, is this Gavin from Gavin and Gavin in the Morning.
Speaker 4: So what you told stories about your own life on this podcast?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it would just be, you know, embarrassing stories from my life or if I had a crazy night out with my buddies.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But then part of it was telling stories about my dating life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so.
Speaker 6: That would include details about like my new girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, because they're not I'll say I've done this for decades now, shared my own personal life, and like the rule that I always try to follow is I always try to tell my own story, not somebody else's, and I always try to make myself look.
Speaker 4: The worst, which was super easy for you.
Speaker 3: It's same to make funny right hate me in the beginning.
Speaker 1: I messed up all the time too. I heard some people's feelings. I'm guessing that's what happened to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So anytime somebody did something strange or out of pocket, we just talk about like is this weird? Is it a red flag? Like I did it with all the girls I had dated.
Speaker 3: It wasn't doesn't make it okay with Michelle though, what was she?
Speaker 4: Was she on the podcast talking about it with you or was it just you talking about it by yourself?
Speaker 6: No, she was not, a guess, it was just me talking about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, what incident did you share that upset her?
Speaker 3: Let's share it again?
Speaker 4: Huh. At least we know beforehand this is not the okay story. It's not his current girlfriend, so he's allowed to talk. It's not yet.
Speaker 6: I don't even remember the specific details. But it was like there was one time where she threw a tantrum. It was like about where we clipped our toenail.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like what room you clipped them? You do it in a gross place, that's a reason. Yeah, the only answer is the bathroom. Everywhere else kind of gross outside.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's not like I was doing it like at the dinner table or or anything on her bed pillow or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So wait, when you're telling this story on the podcast, I'm guessing you're not making fun of yourself. You're telling it about how she's getting upset for no reason.
Speaker 6: I guess I'm realizing more and also from y'all's reactions that it's it's people are kind of sensitive about it more than I think about.
Speaker 3: I got your back.
Speaker 5: I chew my fingernails all the time and I put them in a little pile in front of me, and every once in a while I forget to throw them away after the break.
Speaker 4: I can see why that's gross.
Speaker 2: I mean, that doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It's that you're talking about it the podcast, right, Like, what's what's her response?
Speaker 4: Well? How first of all, if she wasn't on the podcast, how did she learn about it?
Speaker 6: Like? Did you tell her about it?
Speaker 4: There's a lot of stuff that I don't tell people that I dated.
Speaker 3: You have a full show, and you wouldn't tell the person you're dating.
Speaker 4: Never Are you kidding? This is so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: She knew about the podcast, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she knew about the podcast, but she didn't like listen to it all the time. But one of her friends founded and forwarded the audio that yeah, oh god.
Speaker 2: Does that means somebody else is upset about it for her?
Speaker 4: And she wasn't thrilled that you were talking about her.
Speaker 6: No, she got really pissed off and confronted me about it, and we got into it and she was like, you have no right to broadcast my life, and I was like, what's my life I'm broadcasting?
Speaker 3: I mean, is that what you guys broke up over?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, she said she felt that she was like totally the trade and I'm an a hole for talking about it, and she dumped me.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, and where are you at with that now?
Speaker 3: Are you regretful?
Speaker 6: Absolutely regretful. I mean I don't even do the podcast anymore, and I took down all of it, and I feel like I'm mature and I have a perspective on things now. So wait a.
Speaker 5: Minute, I mean, does she know that you quit the whole podcast because of this?
Speaker 7: That's kind of.
Speaker 1: Endearing because he didn't have any listeners ratings.
Speaker 8: Again, Well, you couldn't talk about your dates.
Speaker 6: I mean, I didn't have any delusions of grandeury. It was always just a fun thing and.
Speaker 4: It ran its course, and now you moved on to whatever it's next. Well, she might be happy to hear that you don't have a podcast to talk about her on anymore, and that seemed to be the biggest issue that she had.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I have different opinions now about sharing my things for all the public to know. But like I learned less by doing that.
Speaker 4: Hopefully you could share a little bit more about yourself personally.
Speaker 2: You know, we call the person who hates to be in the public.
Speaker 4: Actually Brooks, she's already on the line right now, waiting on hold. She just doesn't know why yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she knows. She knows she's about to be on the radio.
Speaker 4: Yes, she does not know that it's her ex boyfriend Gavin on the other line, hoping to get another chance with her. Do not tell her.
Speaker 5: I have four fingernails in front of me right now.
Speaker 4: We're leaving all the nails cups out of the conversation. We're just going to focus on Gavin and Michelle and the possibility of reconciling when we come back and continue Say Yes to the X right after this. If you're just joining us, we're in the middle of Say Yes to the X with our listener, Gavin, who has been thinking a lot about his ex girlfriend Michelle lately because they split up months ago. When Gavin was doing his own podcast at the time, telling stories about his personal life. Yea, and naturally that included details of his dating life with Michelle.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, he did describe her being upset as a tantrum even to us, which.
Speaker 5: A bad description, right right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unless you really don't want to talk to something, we are.
Speaker 4: And when she found that out, she obviously didn't like being talked about on his show. It led to her breaking things off with him. Yeah, but the good news is things are different now. Gavin. You're not doing your podcast anymore. You took it down. You say you've matured, you're reconsidering Alexis. Can you not do that in the middle of our show.
Speaker 3: She's trying to interrupt you.
Speaker 4: Actually extremely rude to do that. But Gavin, you're hoping for another chance now that that chapter is behind you. Are you feeling nervous before we bring her on?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: And you know what, we didn't ask what was the last conversation you had with her?
Speaker 6: Like, I think it's the breakup conversation. I don't remember having any contact after that.
Speaker 1: Sad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it started heated, but by the end I was pretty sad. I regret the whole thing.
Speaker 4: I'm sure we could have heard it on your podcast exactly what it was like if you didn't take it.
Speaker 3: Could you repeat that? I didn't hit record.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So again, we've moved on from that from your old podcast, and now Michelle is on the phone. She hasn't heard any of the previous segment that we did with her. We've just had her on hold this whole time, and she knows she's been selected to be on the radio, just doesn't know why yet.
Speaker 1: Disappointing when she doesn't get concert tickets out of this.
Speaker 4: Yes, maybe not. Maybe she's gonna be really excited to learn how much Gavin has changed.
Speaker 5: I will say, look right, all right, the things that he's naturally done, deleting everything and quitting podcasting all together, I think is a huge gesture.
Speaker 4: But I don't think he did it before her.
Speaker 5: No, he just did it because he's like, hey, I don't need this anymore. Like he learned.
Speaker 2: He said, he's changed, he's grown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it was a it was a combination of things, but I definitely knew that it had to come down before I could do something like this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, point well, yeah, I think we're in a good spot. We're gonna bring on Michelle. We'll just talk to her first, Gavin, and then we'll tell her that you're on the line. But let's talk to her real quick, so let's punch her up here. Hello is this Michelle? Hello, Hey, hi Michelle.
Speaker 3: Good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Good morning, good morning. Thank you so much for being on with us today. I'm sorry to keep you on hold for so long.
Speaker 8: All good, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: We usually actually put people on hold for longer, so yeah, we like you.
Speaker 1: It's usually me and Saose. Forgot someone was on the phone and into the break room for.
Speaker 4: That person that won that prize, so tell them. But no, we're having you on today. I know you don't know why yet, but it's a segment that we do called say Yes to the X.
Speaker 8: I don't know if I'm like the sound of this.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, here Jeff out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because there is a certain guy that you used to date, and basically you've been on his mind a lot lately. He isn't sure if you're dating anybody else right now, or if you're single or anything like that. But the whole point of this is he's open to the idea of maybe re exploring things with you.
Speaker 3: That's a good way to put it.
Speaker 8: Okay, but yes, who is it that you are talking about?
Speaker 4: Well, before I tell you do, you need to cough again.
Speaker 5: Okay, sorry before anticipation, yeah, before I say it.
Speaker 4: I just want to know are you dating anybody right now? Are you single?
Speaker 8: I am currently single, but I am dating.
Speaker 3: I'm dating around Okay, okay, you're going on dating.
Speaker 4: Okay. Well that's good to know. Because there is a certain X who says that you guys broke up not too long ago, just a few months back, and you had a fight with him about podcasting.
Speaker 2: Oh, should jump right in, Jeff, bring up the bad part.
Speaker 8: Oh it's Gavin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're good at guessing. Good job.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I remember. How could I forget?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: He was talking about me a lot. All our friends are listening. I didn't like it. It was really embarrassing. It's a huge turn off for me at the time, and so I don't know, it's just it was weird for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, but the podcast never existed.
Speaker 2: Would the relationship have continued?
Speaker 8: It's hard to say.
Speaker 4: Maybe, Okay, Okay, there's a possibility there, and we would like to give you the chance to talk directly to Gavin about it because we're doing a podcast collab.
Speaker 7: No, no, it's not a podcast collab, but I will say Gavin is on the other line right now, waiting.
Speaker 4: To talk to you. Oh god, yeah, it's a good thing. I think.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Well let's find out. Gavin, are you there.
Speaker 6: I'm here, Govin.
Speaker 8: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 8: Why are we here?
Speaker 6: Look? The way I remember it is that when we were together, we had a good time, and we've broke up over something stupid, Like I stopped doing the podcast. It's not that important for me. It was just something I did for fun. I apologize for airing your dirty laundry. It's it's not something that I would do again. And I don't know. I heard you said that you're dating, Like, like, are you dating like a lot of people or I am dating?
Speaker 8: I'm exploring.
Speaker 6: I mean that's cool obviously, Like I wouldn't be like, oh no, you're dating people. I won't I'm not interested, Like you're a single person, but like, if you want to hang out, i'd be into that. Just said that, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't know about that, but I don't know if I want to. I want to tell you this because it's going to sound a little hypocritical.
Speaker 6: What what is it?
Speaker 8: I recently started my own podcast about dating.
Speaker 1: Right, that.
Speaker 3: Is fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's her telling her own story.
Speaker 5: Yes, I see her like I'm engaged before saying I have a podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're comfortable talking about yourself.
Speaker 3: You just don't like to hear other people talk about you.
Speaker 8: It's different because at the time we were in a committed relationship and he was talking about me, and I'm not in that right now, I'm dating.
Speaker 4: You're just talking about random guys you go out on single dates with. Yes, Gavin, how does this make you feel hearing that?
Speaker 6: I mean, it's kind of crazy to me because I never would have thought that you would. So, like, you're talking about basically the same stuff though, right, like the people you date. No, it's different. I'm not. I mean my partner, like you.
Speaker 4: Did, just random guys. Random is in random.
Speaker 3: I mean that's every podcast ever. Yeah, if you don't know, if.
Speaker 4: You can't pinpoint the person, that's the good stuff.
Speaker 3: I can't tell. Gavin. Are you upset with her?
Speaker 1: Are you are you flattered that she he's like kind of following in your footsteps, like where's your head?
Speaker 6: I'm a little shocked and surprised by it, for sure, just not It's not something I would have expected given her a reaction to what happened.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you have an exit you still like and you didn't find her podcast?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do you not stock her pages?
Speaker 4: Bro It sounds like he's been so traumatized by his podcasting experience he probably doesn't go to any podcast or blocked him on everything. Yeah, okay, I'm sensing some common ground between the two.
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess that's cool. It doesn't bother me. I mean, obviously I have some experience doing it, so I understand why someone would do it.
Speaker 4: Kevin, do you want to listen to her podcast?
Speaker 3: And probably not other people she's dated?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Hold on though, If you guys hang out, are you going to talk about him?
Speaker 4: Or you guys gonna do a co podcast together? He could be your guest.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't hang out with him if he wouldn't let me talk.
Speaker 6: About him.
Speaker 2: Open.
Speaker 4: I feel that that is juicy content to be like, I went on a date with my ex and now I'm gonna dish.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, we have to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Gavin, looks like the tables have turned.
Speaker 5: My friend, These guys are going to go on dates now and then go report back on your own podcast on how good or bad the day was?
Speaker 4: Well, Michelle seems open to giving him one more chance for a date, as long as Gavin agrees to being talked about on her podcast.
Speaker 2: Gavin, he doesn't have a podcast.
Speaker 4: Will you say yes to your ex? Now, Gavin?
Speaker 6: I mean I would take the chances that that if I did anything embarrassing and stupid that I guess I would deserve to be exposed for it.
Speaker 4: It's funny that you use the word if.
Speaker 3: But so, you guys are gonna go out again?
Speaker 8: Are we?
Speaker 4: She sounds giddy.
Speaker 1: We're waiting on you, Yeah, because she's thinking of all the content she's gonna be.
Speaker 8: I know, my mind just started like swirling. I am down, I am ready.
Speaker 4: Well then, yes together. Is this the first time that we've ever had a positive ending to this segment?
Speaker 3: I mean I haven't been doing tally marks, so I'm going.
Speaker 6: To go with you.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yes, I swear. If Michelle's podcast becomes bigger than ours, though, we're coming after you, Michelle.
Speaker 8: Yeah, look out, I'm coming right at you.
Speaker 2: Done.
Speaker 4: It's on
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning,