Speaker 1: But I invited you here.
Speaker 2: I thought I made myself perfectly clear. When you're a guest to my home, you gotta come to me empty. And I said, no, guess you're o presences presents enough. I already had too much stuff, So how do you dare to surbey me?
Speaker 1: Welcome to I said, no gifts. I'm Richard Wine Garl. It's nighttime. We're recording at night. This is a new special feeling. Usually you know we're recording at eleven am. Everybody knows. I just go absolutely insane when the clock strikes seven pm. So this is going to be an interesting experience. What's going on. I've got two different drinks. I haven't tried this yet. This is a Lacroix new flavor, Strawberry peach. So we'll just see what happens. Okay, that's fine, and I'm back. I've been on my Breeze Airways flight. I've been on two different Breeze Airways flights. I'm here. I'm ready to partner with the discount airline, Breeze Airways reach Out. I had a totally fine experience, and I was back in Utah, my family just begging me to leave, and then I'm here. Oh I should mention Patreon, Patreon dot com slash I said, no gifts. You know how that all works. Thank you. Now let's get into the podcast. I love today's guest. It's Roz Hernandez Roz welcome. Joy said, no goodness.
Speaker 3: I was here the whole time the twist, I was here. I love this Bridger after Dark. Thanks for having me back.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy to have you. Last time was in my backyard.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I gave you a wig.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's uh I used Oh, I made a video with it. That's right, and now.
Speaker 3: It's you wear it all the time.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna take your thing. You sure steal your brand, take my hair. It's it's in a nice cabinet, so I'm protecting it. I need to find another thing to use it for. But I had a great time making a video with him. Yeah, it's a big object. And to have a the head.
Speaker 3: Oh and I gave you a wig ahead too.
Speaker 1: It was really a nice game.
Speaker 3: That was nice. I might want that back.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, have you.
Speaker 3: Had take seas back seats?
Speaker 1: I had one, well one, uh, somebody tried to take it back. Jamie Lee was on the podcast and she gave me a chewed up dog toy, and afterwards, her assistant said Jamie would like that back, and I was just like, that doesn't feel correct, that can't possibly be true. So I messaged Jamie herself and she didn't want it back. But it was one of the it was one of the most baffling. She was embarrassed.
Speaker 3: When I got back to you, she ad wanted that back.
Speaker 1: If that's true, then I don't know what's going on. I threw it away. It's the only gift I've ever thrown away directly after an episode.
Speaker 3: Oh god, Well, that makes me a little bit nervous about my gift I brought you.
Speaker 1: I should just have a garbage kin ready.
Speaker 3: Well, how do you feel about like temporary gifts, like edible things or I don't know, I don't know. I mean I.
Speaker 1: Love, especially with this. I love to get an object that will go away because I'm collecting. I mean, look just around us we've.
Speaker 3: Got Then, I am your girl.
Speaker 1: What's been going on? What's new?
Speaker 3: Well? I had an audio book come out, and I've been really busy trying my beath to get the word out about my audio book and I'm very proud of it.
Speaker 1: How did that whole process work? Was the book a published book first or is it straight to audio?
Speaker 3: Well, it's only an audiobook.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So what it's about is it's called peeing in an Empty Bottle. The full title is peeing at an Empty Bottle and other glamorous shenanigans of an almost famous transgender comedian on the road.
Speaker 1: That's a great title. Yeah, that's like Fiona Apples win the Pawn. That title that's like fifty words long.
Speaker 3: I love that. I love Apple. So basically what happens was last year, start the year off, Oh, new president, what could go wrong? You know?
Speaker 1: Well, feeling that way.
Speaker 3: We were all sort of like, maybe this would be good, That's what we all said. Well, it turns out that president went right for transgender people right away, of which I happened to be. And you know, also I work in show biz and show buziness up in the air. Everything is just sort of like, what's what's my future? What's all of our futures? Who knows? I decided I got to work, so I was like, you know, I could try to do what I do, which is do like a go do a night in Philly at the comedy club and you know, do stuff like that. But I'm like, I'm running out of cities. I've already been to all of them lately. I want to go to all.
Speaker 1: The cities, right, But it's scary, you know, of course, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: If I was to go do a comedy club in somewhere in the middle of the country in a red state and I don't sell out, it's gonna be the locals showing up to see six foot one and trans with ostrich feathers and rhinestones on. These people are gonna be like, what is that. So I had this idea, Well, there's gay bars everywhere. Sure, So what if I did a tour at places where they do drag shows like gay bars, because they'll have a stage, they'll have chairs, they'll have a dressing.
Speaker 1: Room welcoming audience.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then also I was like, wait a minute. You know, comedy clubs are like, hey, come see the one of the fifty shows we've got going on this week, and then like you go to a place like a gay bar, they're like, we're having a comedation. We have a comedian from out of town that's been on television that's coming here. And so I told these places, put my picture up above the urinals in all these places and let them know I'm coming to town. I ended up doing fifty shows across America. Since I didn't really have much of a budget, I decided I'm going to drive myself. I rented rental cars, drove from city to city, sold my own merch so made all my event bright links, and had local performers open for me, drag queens, trans performers, and so. The audiobook is talking about being a trans comedian in America in twenty twenty five, but also talking to other people across America that are dealing with this current America and trying to find the humor.
Speaker 1: And did you have a least favorite city? Yes, let's hear, let's hear the worst city in I'm here.
Speaker 3: Well, see, that's the thing when people talk about like that specific scenario, it's more so like the venue. Right, you know it's not the city.
Speaker 1: But you can now you've made a disclaimer. Now tell us the worst city in America.
Speaker 3: I struggled in Mobile, Alabama, Alabama. Okay, I struggled a little bit there. That was a difficult one. You'll have to be very diplomatic to listen to the audio book. Okay, I'd given it all away for free. But I could tell you favorite cities. Yeah, let's hear some things, because there's a lot that I went to that i'd never stepped foot in.
Speaker 1: Right, and we're surprised by.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oklahoma City, Oh.
Speaker 1: Oklahoma really seems to be working it out. It seems like there's an interesting art scene. And I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard great things about Tulsa. I didn't do Tulsa. I did Oklahoma City and that was good, really good. The audience was great. Which they also had like a gay resort that was like across from the gay bar that I stayed to.
Speaker 1: How was the resort a scene?
Speaker 3: For sure? There was a great show I did in Omaha, Okay, great city. I loved Omaha. I never been there. I did all. I went up to Alaska.
Speaker 1: So how like it was it like three months? Okay?
Speaker 3: So like for example, one trip, I flew to Miami, rented a car, and dropped off the car in New York City.
Speaker 1: Okay, perfect, And I was gone for like a month.
Speaker 3: On that one I did all of oh my god.
Speaker 1: Ashville I've heard about Ashville.
Speaker 3: Ashville, Yeah, I did. I did them all Texas said to Dallas, I did. I mean I was everywhere.
Speaker 1: What was like the longest distance you drove?
Speaker 3: There was a couple of days that and I kind of made a rule for myself. I'm not doing shows on days that I drive more than four hours. Very smart, that's just too much. I can't imagine, because there were some days where I had like a six seven, eight hour right right, And I didn't do those days, like because I remember when I had to go up to like Boise, Like I feel like I went up to Boise from like Arizona or something.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a long drive and it was long. Did you drive through Utah?
Speaker 3: Yes? And part of the reason, you know, I never put together a tour by myself.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: And also, trying to get gay bars to answer the phone is not easy.
Speaker 1: Don't get me. Getting anyone to answer a phone business forget it.
Speaker 3: But these gay bars, like I don't blame them. They're concerned with their everyday operations. They're not sitting around by the email waiting to get a phone call from some lady that lives in LA and talks to ghosts. For a living. That's like, hey, can I come do comedy? Like they're not worried about me. So there was some places that it's like, couldn't get a place in Albuquerque, So I guess we're just gonna drive through Albuquerque.
Speaker 1: Right, wasting out. Yeah, what are you listening to in the car?
Speaker 3: I listen to a lot of my friends on the phone.
Speaker 1: I you're doing a lot of talking.
Speaker 3: Love phone talking. Do you find as a podcaster you're a phone talker?
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm happy. Well, most of the time. I'm happy to get a call from a friend and talk for a while if I have something else I can do, if I can do yard work or clean the house or something. But to just be on the phone, I don't like doing that. I do and when I'm driving, I would rather get too distracted talking on the phone. I'd rather be listening to music.
Speaker 3: Oh see, when I'm on the phone driving it makes me alert, interesting, it makes me because if I put on a podcast, I'm about to fall asleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't listen to a podcast while driving. There's unless it's the most compelling story you can possibly imagine.
Speaker 3: Well, and you know, Ghosted by Roz Hernandez is a.
Speaker 1: Great one, famously boring.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's scary stories that people tell and I'll keep you on the edge of your seat.
Speaker 1: Terrible guests, I can say from personal experience, a horrible guest. Have you been at twice twice? Yeah, yeah, twice? I think, yeah, yeah, Okay, So you're just talking on the phone, you're just rolling calls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was doing a lot of that. I also listened to like a lot of I love disco divas, I love like eighties house music. I committed to the gayness of the tour. The tour was called Roserrandez. I can't even say my name, Rodernandez does comedy in a gay bar. I just wanted to make it as simple and let.
Speaker 1: People know what people need. And yeah, they just spell it out.
Speaker 3: And so I was just like I had the gayest couple of months, Like I just all I wanted to do was just be around gay people. If I had a night off, I went to the local gay place and met strangers, Like I just wanted to be around LGBT people and just see how they're new one.
Speaker 1: Did you have any like supernatural experiences on the road.
Speaker 3: I did because as I'm over here, you know, right now, I'm pitching to you the audiobook I wrote by myself about the two where I put together by myself. I also do a YouTube show by myself where I go ghost hunting, and that one I do it's called The Haunted Doll Ralese Hernandez The Haunted Doll, and I do it in haunted hotel rooms with guys I meet on grinder.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's a great idea. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So while I was out of the house, I'm like, you know, let's find on these off nights, let's go to some haunted hotels so I can get double the content. So I did, and I didn't really want to include much of that in the audiobook because it's about something.
Speaker 1: A separate in my opinion.
Speaker 3: But the like the ghost for me is entertainment. I mean, it's all real. I don't fake anything. But I'm like, that is it's light. It's yes, it's light. I think an even the haunted hotels I go to, I don't like going to ones where the person was brutally murdered, Like I don't want that. I wanted to be the spooky lady exactly. Victoria woman that got too sick is my bread and butter. And I went to a place in New Orleans where again I'm a producer over here of my own reality show on YouTube, so I'm doing my best with zero budget. But I booked specifically the haunted room at this hotel where a nun haunts this room. I love ann, very excited about this. I arrived, they said, whoops, we already booked that room. No, and so they're like, the best we can do two doors down adjacent to a haunting exactly. So that's what we had to do. And I ended up being two doors down from the haunted room, but the whole building's haunted so now, and I kept trying my best to get I was going up to the door of the haunted room and being like, sister, come over this room. I was really trying to get her to join me. And the staff told me a story that this woman was staying in that room. I think it was my room, where it was one of the rooms in this area of the hotel, and she woke up in the middle of the night and saw the noun oh, and she closed her eyes when she woke up to They say she had a black eye. The nun attacked, she punched her, decked her right in the face.
Speaker 1: Not used to do all kinds of things.
Speaker 3: Yes, they do.
Speaker 1: They go skiing, et cetera.
Speaker 3: They run choirs, sister act.
Speaker 1: They go under cover.
Speaker 3: They go undercover is what I was trying to think of. They go undercover as a secret None.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I've never actually seen sustrect, but.
Speaker 3: They have done.
Speaker 1: They die from Katy Perry.
Speaker 3: Wow, allegedly.
Speaker 1: I want to be on record of saying Katy Perry killed Ann.
Speaker 3: That's for you to do legally.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's fine.
Speaker 3: So anyway, I go to two doors down from the Haunted Nun room didn't I had a decent amount happened. I had a great grinder guy who's the psychic. Yeah, So anyone that wants to see what I'm talking about the episodes on YouTube, the Haunted Doll, I do my investigation whatever. Next day, I wake up to drive the Little Rock to do a comedy show, and I have the most hideous big purple bruised on the side of my leg, black and blue, swollen and even wretched on the outdoit? WHOA my skin hideous? I have pictures of it on my YouTube and I'm sitting here thinking maybe I got a blood clot because I'm driving these long distances. I was really nervous about that to begin with.
Speaker 1: I gotta get up and walk around, walking around.
Speaker 3: I was panicking on my whole drive over to Little Rock. Actually almost ran a gas in Mississippi. Another story, go to the urgent care, wait hours and hours at three am. They call me as I'm sleeping in my car because I'm waiting because the line is so long. At the urgent care, they finally give me ultrasounds on my leg. They asked me if I was pregnant, which was so nice of them. They did not have to do that. But they give me the ultrasound on my legs and they're like, it's a bruise. It's just a bruise. And I was like, are you sure it's not a blood clock, Like, how would this happen? I would know if I hit my like this.
Speaker 1: Right absolutely that would wake you up or something.
Speaker 3: They said, no, it just looks like you hit it on something. I didn't, so I believe that that was the noun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the medical establishment is on your side.
Speaker 3: Of course, always always.
Speaker 1: What are you doing. What are you doing for food while you're on the road?
Speaker 3: Not good? I will tell you I gained thirty pounds last year. Okay, I've since lost it. You look great, Thank you. A big problem that I had was I discovered something called chewy tic TACs.
Speaker 1: Oh this sounds right up my alley.
Speaker 3: They're kind of an underground candy. You kind of have to know about it to be into it, because they're not. They're not everywhere, right, but they I think they launched last summer and they were every gas station. I went to hot them and then I posted about it, and then people started bringing them.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, to give me right.
Speaker 3: But they're basically picture tic tac which already have just the best flavor crunchy.
Speaker 1: I love the lime ones. The citrus ones are so good.
Speaker 3: Oh just what I do know one gas station not far from here if you need a recommendation. But they it's like a jelly bean but crunchy.
Speaker 1: Oh this sounds incredible to me.
Speaker 3: So good. They make them both sour version and non sour version, like a mint. No no, no, no, no no no. The regular version is there's an orange one, a green, yellow one. They're so delicious. And they're crunched. The crunch with the chew. It really got through hours of driving.
Speaker 1: Just meals and meals of that.
Speaker 3: Was my meals. Seriously, it was so good.
Speaker 1: And yeah, what is tik tak is technically like a breath fresh and earth it's candy, it's literally and it just happens to be shaped like a little pill so it seems more on the other side. But I love the container it comes in. They really dialed in on.
Speaker 3: The tic things come in a bag.
Speaker 1: Oh that feels unnatural to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are in a full bag and they make big the share size, which I wasn't sharing, and then they make like a smaller version.
Speaker 1: Of a bag of tic TACs. Just wait, I'm gonna you're gonna This does not make any sense to me.
Speaker 3: You know, I really try to stay away from Amazon, but I have made a couple of purchases of Chewy tiktoks because they're on there.
Speaker 1: I bet I've probably crossed paths with these in a store and because they were in a bag, it didn't even register them.
Speaker 3: No, people are just people are going through the about their lives not knowing about Chewy tiktoks, and everybody I have said, sit down and put this in your mouth. They have said that is one of the best candies I've ever had.
Speaker 1: I wonder if you would like do you know the the uh Trolley sour worms they have? The eggs are my favorite thing in the way.
Speaker 3: That's another candy that's really hard to find.
Speaker 1: It nearly impossible.
Speaker 3: And those are my favorite candy. Loves those two.
Speaker 1: I've loved them since seventh grade.
Speaker 3: Me too, And somehow they still make them. But they're you and I know the gas stations that have those.
Speaker 1: Really Okay, I really do need a recommendation because I was about to order them online, but then I was like, what am I doing.
Speaker 3: For years in Atwater Village? The gas station right by Del Taco. Okay, sure they have them. I've got kend lately, but they they always did.
Speaker 1: They would have them in the vending machines in my middle school and I would always have them on my backpack.
Speaker 3: They're so good, and that's a similar They're not as crunchy as the tic tac chewies, right, but they have sometimes they are.
Speaker 1: I like them when they're a little little stale.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like to work for it. And they're they're chewy on the inside and a little coated on the end. Those are more coated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a it's like a shell. It's like a little egg shell.
Speaker 3: Now you haven't seen a shelter. You've had the chewy tic TACs.
Speaker 1: But this is so interesting. So they're kind of in the same genre.
Speaker 3: They are because they're they're jelly beanie.
Speaker 1: Right, and I don't like jelly beans. I like I like jelly bellies.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but like the crappy like oh like those big ones awful.
Speaker 1: Those are like easter candy garbage, waxy. Yeah, the flavor is always terrible. Yeah, well, this is a great new recommendation. I'm really excited and listener, if you haven't had the Bright Crawler eggs, I mean.
Speaker 3: It's just there's not enough. Don't tell people there's we have a shortage. Wait, how do you feel about TUTSI rolls?
Speaker 1: I don't mind twotsyrral. I would never go out of my way to eat a twitzy.
Speaker 3: Rall, well you might because they make an egg.
Speaker 1: They make an egg.
Speaker 3: They make an egg that a lot of people don't know about. It's a easter candy, right that you can also order online. That is tootsy eggs.
Speaker 1: Whoa. And but it's like the totsyral flavor.
Speaker 3: Tootsy roll on the inside, coated, crunchy on the outside.
Speaker 1: Fascinating, and I all of them. I like the little fruities, the fruit flavor, fine totsy rolls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like the blue ones.
Speaker 1: That's the vanilla one isn't Oh yeah, you're right, that's gross. Yea, a trick.
Speaker 3: No, but they do make a thing. No, no, because there's they're bigger, and yes, that is a vanilla and it's not okay, but there they make skinny little ones. That are They make a blue and an orange, and a pink.
Speaker 1: And a green.
Speaker 3: Yes, lime, and that's a different lime.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, I wonder the vanilla one is probably more just kind of the vanilla version of a regular totsy roll.
Speaker 3: Yes, but blue, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You think it's blue raspberry?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And then you're just with the worst. Can you can imagine? That's not good? Terrible?
Speaker 3: That's not good.
Speaker 1: Well, you already brought it up, so we might as well get into it. You brought another gift. Should we open it here on the show?
Speaker 3: I think we should. I think it's gonna be special. Okay, I I think I'm hoping that nobody has ever brought you this before. Just go for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a really dramatic black bag reaching in.
Speaker 3: Wait, I don't know what that paper is. What what's that paper?
Speaker 1: There's a paper for it, heirloom quality kitchen tensil.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna be honest with you. That bag was provided by your producer, and I didn't I didn't have anything to do with whatever was already in the bag.
Speaker 1: Well, we can talk kitchen utensils all night.
Speaker 3: We could do that if you want. But what I got you is what's in your hand?
Speaker 1: Okay? Oh wait, are these little balloons?
Speaker 3: Those are the types of balloons that are used for balloon animals.
Speaker 1: Oh can you tie balloon animals?
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, I can.
Speaker 1: Well, we can't say that and not make one. Well.
Speaker 3: Part of the reason I was thinking as we were going to talk about my audiobook was like last year I needed to sell merge at my shows and I and I need like a little thing. I'm not going to get a bunch of T shirt.
Speaker 1: Right, how do you carry that around?
Speaker 3: So I got about stickers and little oh shit. The other thing from your gift I forgot to give you was one of my bumper stickers which I made for my tour. And the bumper stickers say Roz Fernande should be more famous.
Speaker 1: This is incredible bumpers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the cause you can get behind those have done very well.
Speaker 1: That's a very fun and your photos so great on it. This is ideal.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I only I don't sell them online. I only saw them at live shows. But so I got mad and then I was like, I need more stuff. What else can I do? And I was like, I don't want to make balloon animals from when I was a kid, and so I was like, how about this. Five dollars, I'll make you a shitty balloon animal. And so I added that to my meet and greets and they're flying off for this. Oh my god. Five dollars year, five dollars there I'm making. So I made hundreds of poodles and whatever last year. I'm not great at it, and I'm very honest about that, but you try. But let me tell you something you ain't gonna see Shane Gillis making balloon animals after the comedy show.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing wrong. With Shane Gills.
Speaker 3: All right, so what do you want?
Speaker 1: Give me a well, what are options? I don't want to let's use it poodle, animal, alligator?
Speaker 3: Look, sure would an alligator. That would not work.
Speaker 1: Look, this is all it's all halfway to being an alligator. It's the same, it's not that's come on, let's say I have monkey.
Speaker 3: I actually practiced earlier, and I did make a monkey.
Speaker 1: You were able to do.
Speaker 3: I didn't think I could do.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I came out of my mouth and I was like, Oh, she's gonna be somewhere. Try a monkey, let's say, Okay, a yellow monkey. Yes, okay, we can try it.
Speaker 3: It's the worst sound ever, like once you start twisting and whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is gonna be great for audio. Get it near the mic.
Speaker 3: Basically, the story goes that when I was a child, I was a professional clown, really like doing birthday parties. Yes, I was at what age? Started at nine?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: My father trying to talk over this. My father was a clown, yes, but he didn't make bolling animals.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: He was a firefighter and more of like an educational clown.
Speaker 1: Okay, and like fire safety yes, okay.
Speaker 3: Exactly, No he would teach kid.
Speaker 1: No, he was a fire safety tripping narcissist. Okay, so you it kind of runs in the family. Then look, I mean she's already there's already a monkey head.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: But so I'm doing it so low, you can do it higher.
Speaker 3: I just don't want to be too loud in the microphone.
Speaker 1: It's fine, and you're on camera.
Speaker 3: So I wanted to be a clown because I wanted to make some money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, nine years old, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, hello, I got bills to peg. So I started. I taught myself how to do balloon animals and magic tricks and and I can still juggle. I mean, this stuff is me.
Speaker 1: Did you just check books out at the library or sything?
Speaker 3: Exactly? And I learned how to I was. I used to be really good at it, but I can still do it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm far beyond what I could even imagine. I'm always afraid I'm going to pop the balloon.
Speaker 3: I'm terrified right now, like seriously, because it does happen, and it's scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, a loud pop. Let's see while you're getting I mean it's almost done, I would say, and you've been having a conversation while doing it, which is also impressive.
Speaker 3: No problem, piece of cake.
Speaker 1: Look at this. That's a sweet little Look at that.
Speaker 3: And then you could like maybe put your hand through it or something, a bracelet maybe. Now, oh god, there we go. Yeah, it's cute.
Speaker 1: Let's set it up here. That's very Do you want to make another? Or should I try to make one? Could you try to walk me through?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Please, we can try blow this up for me.
Speaker 3: And then you want to learn how to make the easiest possible thing, Let's do a giraffe.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, this is how often do you get to learn from an expert? Oh, come on, you just made a monkey.
Speaker 3: But okay, here's the go for you.
Speaker 1: All right, one for me and then yeah, then we'll have you can kind of walk me through it. Okay, I've got a white blue and I'm going to we'll be making a draft today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's sort of. This is it's a fun gift. You can you get a little free lesson. It's like going to color me mine or something like that.
Speaker 1: You should open a balloon animal store like that.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not that passionate about this, Okay, okay, So it's gonna be bigger than man.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So first you're gonna make.
Speaker 1: You like I'm an.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, you're gonna pop it up. Tell okay, now hold it with your hand. We're not losing it. But now we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: There's no way I can do it.
Speaker 3: And don't lose that first one. You already lost the first one.
Speaker 1: I'm so nervous. Okay, Okay, I've got two.
Speaker 3: No, you need three?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, it's terrifying.
Speaker 1: It's really a scary Okay, I've got three. Okay, this is far beyond what I could have imagined.
Speaker 3: See what I got going on here?
Speaker 1: You kind of like make a little We want to.
Speaker 3: Get these too, twist it. Those are the ears.
Speaker 1: Okay, got the giraffe?
Speaker 3: Oh no, So I need you to do this.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's here. I'm getting a little more confidently, also yours.
Speaker 3: You somehow figure out a way to make it not sound like death, Like you're.
Speaker 1: Got to really slippery one or something.
Speaker 3: They're very quiet.
Speaker 1: Let's seem so scared it's gonna pop. Okay, So what do I do? Like that?
Speaker 3: Okay, but you have to twist them around. You have to twist these two.
Speaker 1: Break god.
Speaker 3: Okay, now is it enough where they stick?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 3: I don't want to Okay, you need to twist a little bit more because I can tell it's about to come undone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, there we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good start right now. Okay, now this is the net all right, This is okay great, So maybe we can do like down here, twist it, twist it, hold it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now you're gonna twist two more legs, okay, just like you just said.
Speaker 1: One and then again. Oh my god, how did you do that? So I twist here a little below it?
Speaker 3: No that you that's too big?
Speaker 1: Smaller like little like the years work.
Speaker 3: And two of those.
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 3: Come on, give me one more?
Speaker 1: Okay, twisted I did? How do you do this? Good grief?
Speaker 3: God, damn it. Twist it?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I okay.
Speaker 3: Now bend it and twist those two together.
Speaker 1: It's too long, It likes too long.
Speaker 3: This is very frustrating for me as someone that does this for a living.
Speaker 1: I'm trying. I'm trying my best. Okay, twisting, yep, twisting, twisting okay, oh.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, we're almost there now, back legs, so we have to make the center. Okay, and you you're you got more room than I do here, but you're going to take two. You're gonna do it again. Do the same process again, right, Just make two more yeah, you know, like inch and a half or whatever.
Speaker 1: And then one more.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, No, it has to be the same as the one in front of it. That's small. It's fine, you know it's every giraffe is different.
Speaker 1: Give me a break.
Speaker 3: That's good. That's bended. Yep, and twist those two together, and you're gonna have yourself a giraffe. If you can do that.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the finest step. If I can do this, I could do anything.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sorry to take that.
Speaker 1: You're so close, but I'm in, I'm sweating. I'm a listener. I'm sure you're absolutely thrilled.
Speaker 3: With Yeah, they're loving this. Just keep twist. No, it's too small, too small, too small, you know what.
Speaker 1: This one's a little bit about this.
Speaker 3: Let me see.
Speaker 1: No, I want to do it. Let me do it.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not going to do it for you. I just wanted to show you something with this. Okay, So we're just gonna adjust a little bit. Go do this. It's a giraffe on a stick. Okay, that's that's good.
Speaker 1: That's as good as it's going to get.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's pretty impressive.
Speaker 3: It's a giraffe that I'm gonna try.
Speaker 1: One more time. Okay, I'm not gonna let you patron free.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Oh that's obscene. That is absolutely sure.
Speaker 1: There's something that something has happened.
Speaker 3: Well, you just have to adjust around because currently just flip flipp kale giant dingling. Okay, you've done it.
Speaker 1: I did it.
Speaker 3: That is huge for me a giraffe. So you just got yourself a lesson.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: You can now add this to your resume along with horseback riding and roller skating and everything else you can do special skills.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, that's incredible. So you were you started doing this at nine? Were you? I remember these books called like the Klutz books? Do you remember these? That's how I learned to juggle. And I only can do it one handed for like ten seconds.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty decent at regular old juggling, Like I can do three balls.
Speaker 1: That's pretty so impressive to me.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm very good at and I've always have been and just recently I started embracing it catching things in my mouth. Really yeah. That was never a clown trick, but it's something I recently started on stage, mainly because I don't have much material. I was just like, somebody was eating cheese. It in the audience. Great snack is in Provincetown. They just brought a box of cheese and I said, you know what, throw on up and let me catch it in my mouth. And I did. I actually work at SeaWorld, and so then I decided recently, oh, here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna bring a bag of grapes with me. Will bagy of grape because grapes I think of the best, because they don't hurt if they hit you. Good weight to it. I've been saying, who wants to bet I've got ten dollars? Who will bet me ten dollars that I can catch this in my mouth?
Speaker 1: Like an old fashioned scam artist.
Speaker 3: Give him a show. Look at I got precis. People know listening that they that we have the best snacks here.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna try to You're gonna try to catch in your mouth, Okay, tell me when.
Speaker 3: I think you should do?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, Okay, I'm gonna stand up here. Okay, Okay, that was hang. I'm so sorry. Let's try it again. Okay, look at these freaking guns you got. Okay, that's.
Speaker 3: You know what. Never mind, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I've never successfully thrown anything. In my defense, I've never thrown a baseball. Correct shade. I never learned to throw.
Speaker 3: Throwing is not.
Speaker 1: It was an early like gay sign of like, oh he can't even throw a baseball.
Speaker 3: Oh god, the thought of I know. I was recently talking to a guy that was like he was like, oh, he's throwing around a football. I'm like, you can throw a football.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine the trauma.
Speaker 3: Have someone like throwing a football at me and then they're like hand it back, and I'm like I have to carry it over. I have like be silly about it, like.
Speaker 1: Like no, yeah, not for me. So that's why I'm not even not capable of throwing a pretzel to here.
Speaker 3: Okay, now I feel bad.
Speaker 1: You've really embarrassed me.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I thought you've exposed something.
Speaker 3: Very good.
Speaker 1: Can I try? I do it myself, let me see if I can get it. Okay, I'm trying a Snyder's pretzel here, let's sit here.
Speaker 3: You touch my tongue, you put your entire tongue out.
Speaker 1: It did hit my tongue.
Speaker 3: You just did a man.
Speaker 1: Well, I got the balloon animal. I think we should play a game. Okay, before I throw anything else. We're gonna play a game. We're gonna play two games. We're gonna play invite list and then gift to a curse. But invite list. Well, first of all, I need a number between one and ten from you four. Okay, I have to do some light calculating to get the game pieces. So promote, recommend, do whatever you want. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Hey, everybody at home, so I'm sure you're ready to know that I am Bridgers exactly right, sister. My podcast, which records in this exact same room, is called Ghosted by ros Hernandez, and there's new episodes every Monday, and they are always with famous people, just like I always say, people I like, so it could be like anyone, truly, I just have to like them. And lots of drag queens, lots of just like fun people, and we talk about ghosts and aliens and psychics and all of that stuff. And my audiobook being in an empty bottle everywhere you get audio books Simon and Schuster. I mean, come on, it's the real it's the real, real thing, the real thing, and you can if you throw a grape, I'll catch it in my mouth. Anywhere you see me at any time of the day. And my YouTube channel ros Hernandez the Doll. The series is called Rosernez The Haunted Doll. Where I find guys on Grinder to go gos hunting with me, Instagram, ros Hernandez listener, seek out raws.
Speaker 1: It's a worthwhile expedition. Okay, this is how we're going to play invite list. I'm going to start naming a list of celebrities. You say, invited or not invited. You get to pick ten. Once we get to ten, that's the party. Okay, does that make perfect sense? Uh huh, all right, let's get going here. Scarlet Johansson, Wait wait, do I do I know what the party is? You can decide after because it's like there's some things I would want her to be at, other things I don't. Well, you've just gotten you just have to say.
Speaker 3: If it's like a bikini contest, like I don't want her there, she's not invited.
Speaker 1: Okay, Scarlett Johansson not invited, Chris Rock invited, Al Pacino not invited, Troy Savonn invited, Javier Bardam round invited, Mel Gibson.
Speaker 3: That could be interesting, That could.
Speaker 1: Be very interesting, could.
Speaker 3: Be kind of funny, like Troy Savonnen and can you Mel Gibson.
Speaker 1: Not invited, Dick Van Dyke not invited, Jamie Foxx not invited, Madonna invited, Bill Maher not invited, Hudson Williams invited, RIEA. Pearlman invited, Bradley Cooper not invited, Justin Bieber not invited, Judge Judy invited, Judge Shooty knows how to party, Sizza, We're not sure yet. Wait you're not sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have to see how everything goes with everyone.
Speaker 1: No, you have to decide. Not invited, Yoko Ono. Timothy Shallomey I kind of.
Speaker 3: Like him, Yeah, invited him and Troy Sevon.
Speaker 1: Oh. Wow, this party is really starting to get a theme.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Diana ross Oh invited, Megan Markle not invited. People think that I look like her with bang Oh.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I kind of can't picture what she looks like despite those two being on everything. I have just like a vague what you.
Speaker 3: And I could do videos as we should.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea. Gracie Abrams not invited, Marcia gay Harden not invited, Wilmer Valderrama, Oh my god, not invited, Robert Downey Jr. Not invited, Fergie invited, Taylor, Frankie Paul who's that she's a the kind of embattled secret life of Mormon wife. Lizzo invited, Bill Nye? We got it? Had we got it?
Speaker 3: Be not invited.
Speaker 1: Let's get into the.
Speaker 3: I saw ben Ny Panera bread twice.
Speaker 1: You saw Bill Nye?
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh my god? Which I'm Ventura Boulevard. This was years ago. I saw him there twice.
Speaker 1: Let's get in touch with that list here, ellis any report?
Speaker 4: Yes, we have ten guests. They are Chris Rock, Troy savonn Madonna Hudson, Williams, Raya Pearlman, Judge Judy, Timothy Shallome, Diana Ross, Fergie and Lizzo.
Speaker 1: Incredible. And you say ray A Pearlman, Do you say Ria Pearlman? Who's right? Ellis you are?
Speaker 4: Sir?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Imagine Ria Pearlman and Judge.
Speaker 1: Jude they probably would be good friends. I can see them actually getting along.
Speaker 3: You've seen Judge Judy and her bathing suit on the yacht right.
Speaker 1: No, what, I'm googling it now, Judge. Oh, she's like the wealthiest bathing suit photos. Let's see here. Oh she looks great. Judge Judy disrobed on the cover of People looking fantastic. I bet she's a good time. I mean, I think probably I probably don't agree with a lot of her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think her politics are not tough.
Speaker 1: I think. I mean, when you're a billionaire, just things start to fall apart, I think. But probably also a fun time. I had a dream once that Ria Perlman and Danny Davito were getting divorced. Two months later they split up. I don't think they ever officially divorced, but I really that's the closest I've ever come to having like a vision.
Speaker 3: Here you go trying to get on my podcast again.
Speaker 1: Bring me back. I've got a great storage to the story the last twenty seconds. Okay, So that's a nice list of people for your party. Is there any part Is there sort of party you would want to have with them? David Busters, Judge Judy at the ski ball machine.
Speaker 3: Yes, that sounds fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is we're gonna play gift or a curse. I'm gonna name three things. You'll tell me if they're a gift or a curse and why. Then I'll tell you if you're right or wrong. Because there are correct answers, you can lose the game. Okay, This first one is from a listener named Laura or Laura. We've got to settle on a pronunciation for that name.
Speaker 3: Now, Laura is usually l a r A.
Speaker 1: Really, the you is only Laura l a u r A is that's my understanding. Interesting because I would think l o r A is Laura.
Speaker 3: I think that could be too. I've never seen it l o r A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Laura, it's kind of lively. Yeah, my apology to any l o r what's Dora with a with an L?
Speaker 3: Right, but Lara is usually l a r A.
Speaker 1: Interesting? Whatever, Okay, gift or a curse? Throwing water on the hot stones in a public sauna without asking the other sauna goers first.
Speaker 3: That's a gift?
Speaker 1: Why because the people?
Speaker 3: What does it do?
Speaker 1: I don't know what it does.
Speaker 3: It's fun sizzles, Yeah, it's very fajita. I think it's just like a change of pace and I think that's sometimes you need that, you need to shake things up a little bit. So I think it's a gift, whether the people like it or not.
Speaker 1: Correct, I think that's a gift too. I don't want to be asked. I'm already trying to relax in the sound. I don't want to like have to make a.
Speaker 3: Decisions me, do you mind? No, just do it, Just do it.
Speaker 1: And there's something kind of obnoxious and fun about it, just getting up and just tossing water and scaring everybody. I f agree, all right, one right so far. Number two. This is from a listener named Isaac. Gift or a curse? Have notification zone?
Speaker 3: I would say, gif now it's a curse? Why because sometimes I podcast and I look at my phone and then I see uh oh oh that's I'm gonna have to deal with that. Oh when this is over, and then I can't pay attention anymore. It's the podcast.
Speaker 1: Correct. I don't think there should even be an option. I'm notifications off almost all the time. I don't need to be bothered. Let me, I'll come to you don't.
Speaker 3: But what if it's an emergency? Well, but if you run a gay bar in Denver and a transgender comedian is trying to get a hold of you.
Speaker 1: That's the one exceptions, the one time I'll let my phone not deify me. Otherwise I want nothing to do with and everyone in my life is just constantly mad at me because that's how I feel.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: This third one is from a listener named Sid Gift or a curse ray Ban meta glasses.
Speaker 3: I think they're definitely a curse, but I do. I did recently tell this guy that I was talking to that he likes he likes. He's like Pan sexually likes everyone and I only like men. And I was like, I would date you, and like I don't really want to be like Polly or whatever, but I'm like, you can go hook up with guys, but you have to wear metaglasses and let me watch it. That's like the agreement. So in that scenario, I think it would be by the way, he didn't talk to me anymore. But yeah, but that would be one scenario.
Speaker 1: But you're saying overall, curse, curse, wrong gift. This to me is kind of the fine stop on knowing who someone is. Who in the world is buying the ray Ban metaglasses anybody who like, at this point in history, you're still giving into all of this. I think it's a great thing. You're really finally just exposing yourself.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's just like, I think we know enough at this point. You're now buying their product, buying the annoying glasses. Go ahead, expose yourself as a loser.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I think that that's kind of the ultimate gift they're giving us, which is just I can't imagine any universe in which I would buy those. And when I see somebody that does it, just it throws you.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever seen them.
Speaker 1: I don't think i've seen them in person, but you know online you'll see Yeah. Yeah, well you've got two out of three. Not too bad. Pretty good, I would say, And you had nice reasoning and the last one and a story about someone you've alienated in your life, which is nice. Let's answer her listener question people are writing into isaid no Gives at gmail dot com, begging for answers. Will you help me answer question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd love to.
Speaker 1: All right, this says hello. My husband has been a huge foundation for me. He works construction and owns his own painting business. He's super busy and the only thing that is a stress reliever is watching guitar theory videos and playing. He has his dream guitars, and I guess the pedals he wants. I guess I've painted three of his guitars, so I feel that is something I can't keep doing. Thank you. And that's from Megan in Virginia. So I guess Megan wants to get Charles or whatever his name is something for being a huge foundation for her. And she's been kind of ruining guitar after a guitar with her paint and so she's now wondering.
Speaker 3: Oh, so she painted the guitars by accident.
Speaker 1: No, she did it on purpose, but I assume she ruined them. Oh what else could have happened?
Speaker 3: So she's wondering, what can I get him that isn't a guitar.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's not me painting the guitar. I mean, we've got almost nothing to go from other than that he loves guitars.
Speaker 3: Okay, have you been to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's have you been there?
Speaker 3: I have?
Speaker 1: How was that experience?
Speaker 3: I went on a school trip when I was I think eighth grade and it was ruled rocked.
Speaker 1: Rocked, I'd go, I yeah, I don't know what that experience would be like.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just like, oh, there's an outfit that Sheryl Crow wore one time, and.
Speaker 1: Then you're like a pair of bootleg cheese.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's always like that kind of thing. Like rock and roll Hall of Fame. It's always like, Okay, I guess now Coolio was rock and roll. Like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: The inductees are often very corny bands and stuff.
Speaker 3: It's like all genre. It's like all music.
Speaker 1: It's all music, and frequently like music that I think is just like, well, that is not great music anymore?
Speaker 3: One names ah.
Speaker 1: Let me look, let's see who's the inductees this year? Rock Hall inductees. Let's see if I can complain about one of them. Let's see here, how about who sucks? Well? These are all good so far?
Speaker 3: Who is that I saw?
Speaker 1: Like the Charrell's Queen Ramones. Let's see. But they're always very obvious too, and I haven't found a single Okay, Dave Matthews band, I'm sorry. That just discredits the entire thing. What can I say?
Speaker 3: I know, I feel like I would be pissed if I was like darling love Yeah.
Speaker 1: And suddenly I'm on the same level as Dave Matthew.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, what does that say about me?
Speaker 1: Right? It's embarrassing. Yeah, I don't like I would ask for my name to be removed at that point.
Speaker 3: Well, but I don't think she. I don't think anyone would do that. Actually, it's an honor still. But anyway, I think they should go to a great idea or to one of those ceremonies. Maybe might be fun.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, sure.
Speaker 3: But there's probably I'm assuming lots of amazing famous guitars that are on display in Cleveland. Do we know where these people live.
Speaker 1: They're in Virginia.
Speaker 3: It's just a little bit of a buy Cleveland.
Speaker 1: It's like a couple of days drive.
Speaker 3: I imagine listen for me and what I went through last year, that's nothing, no big deal.
Speaker 1: Get over yourself, get in the car, put on some rock music, and drive to Cleveland. Yeah, I think that sounds like.
Speaker 3: Some balloon animals. Teach yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, we answered the question perfectly. I insulted Dave Matthews band, and I think that everything's fine and I've got my balloon. I've kind of learned to a new skill today. This might be a first on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Really, no one's ever taught you anything, I don't think so. Oh that sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the podcast sucks.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I love this podcast.
Speaker 1: Ross. I'm so happy you could be here today.
Speaker 3: I love being here and I am so happy that you invited me.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being here and listener. The podcast is now over. If you've just been listening, you should go over to YouTube and at least see some of this balloon animal magic happening. Don't rob yourself of that type of joy. And the podcast is over. So I love you, goodbye. I said, No Gifts is an exactly right production. Our senior producer is Ellis Nelson, and our episodes are beautifully mixed by Ben Holliday. The theme song is by miracle Worker Amy Mann, and we couldn't do it without our booker, Patrick Coottner. You must follow the show on Instagram, and I said No Gifts, that's where you're going to see pictures of all these wonderful gifts I'm getting. And don't you want to see the gifts?
Speaker 2: I thought I made myself perfectly clear. But you're a guess to my home. You gotta come to me empty, And I said, no, guess your own presences. Presence enough. I already had too much stuff.
Speaker 3: So how do you dare to surbey me?