Speaker 1: It's Brick and Jeffrey. In the morning, we get a brand new second date. It's not very often that we get a life or death moment. Yeah, one of these stories and it actually happened today, so definitely stay around for this one. It's definitely wild. What do you see on the comment section, alexis Yeah.
Speaker 2: Alex from the UK said love your content. I'm twenty two and just bought my first house. Well, so now I can listen to you guys full volume on the speakers. Is that what you could do in the UK?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Afordable?
Speaker 2: I don't know already. Let's be honest. You have a rich mommy and daddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let us go.
Speaker 1: Let us all right, Well, thank you for being here wherever you are in the world. We just think it's so cool. Please like and subscribe and enjoy the brand new second date.
Speaker 4: Update, Second Date, Update Date.
Speaker 5: Sometimes the success or failure of a first date all comes down to what you do in one crucial moment, oh man, Like when they ask so how soon do you want?
Speaker 4: Oh, oh god, and you.
Speaker 5: Answer by unzipping your pants, or soon when he leans in for the first kiss and you coughed directly into.
Speaker 2: His mouth, the timing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it all.
Speaker 5: Can come down to one moment, and one of our listener wrote us an email saying she thinks she blew it in the most critical moment of their first date. Yes, she feels absolutely terrible about it. Her name is Lola. So, Lola, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hi, oh man, Lola. It can't be as bad as Jeff's examples, right.
Speaker 6: I mean it was kind of bad, but you guys can judge how bad it was.
Speaker 2: Okay, the invitation to judge.
Speaker 5: Fine, Yeah, this is gonna be fun. So take us back to the very beginning of the date. What's the guy's name? How did you guys meet?
Speaker 6: So his name is Jeremiah. Met online and kind of to set the scene of like what happened, he picked me up. So I got in a car and shot on the radio and it was my favorite artist, Shaboozy that came on. Yeah, so I turned it up. He didn't seem to like the song as much, like I was kind of dancing a little bit.
Speaker 4: You turned up the volume in his car.
Speaker 2: That's a big deal.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 3: She didn't change the song.
Speaker 1: I know, but it's just touching someone's stereo. When the very first time you've been in a car.
Speaker 6: I just I didn't like think of it that way. I just looked at him with a smile and like I was just like, whooh.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're trying to have fun in the moment.
Speaker 4: Okay. What was his reaction?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, he just kind of like laughed a little. But then like when I was dancing and said he wasn't like dancing along with the song, like it didn't seem like it was a big deal for him. I don't know, but that wasn't the big thing.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: The big thing was when we got to the restaurant. And by the way, this is like a like a crab shack.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh, I love those places. Do they pour it on the tape and stuff like a boy?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, Well, and you know you get these big swear.
Speaker 4: This quite a romantic scene.
Speaker 1: That the like have mallets, you lick at your fingers.
Speaker 4: Sucking and slurping noise.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you don't like that, Jake.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that I don't, but I understand a lot of people. It's it's kind of a strong image for the very first do you see.
Speaker 4: A girl's like I head off a croppit.
Speaker 6: I always wanted to go.
Speaker 2: Where was the bad part of that?
Speaker 6: Okay, So Jeremiah like, all of a sudden at one point, he stands up really quick and his chair falls down and his eyes are going really big. And it took me a few seconds. But then I was like, I was like, oh my gosh, you might be choking.
Speaker 4: Oh god, yeah, you do well.
Speaker 6: I tried a few things. I was like, and I was like hitting him in the back, but this other girl like came out of nowhere. She pushed me out of the way and gave him the high maneuver.
Speaker 2: It saved him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it was like crazy, The whole thing was crazy, and his life was flashing before his eyes like mine was too, in a way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, terrifying if somebody like choking right in front of you, guests. Yeah, not to mention that crab is probably really expensive. It'd be ashamed to waste it.
Speaker 4: That was a king crab. You better have picked it back up off the floor. Yeah. Was he okay? And was the crab still eat well?
Speaker 6: I don't know about the crab, but he was okay, okay. Obviously he didn't feel like eating anymore.
Speaker 4: He didn't. Just that's where the date ended.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, he basically he paid the bill and we left and he drove me back home, and like the whole car ride, I was just like, wow, that was crazy. And he's just like still flamber and he's like yeah, I know, and pretty much just drove home in silence.
Speaker 1: Thrust away.
Speaker 4: Did you when you kiss?
Speaker 6: No, we did not kiss.
Speaker 4: I'm kidding.
Speaker 5: No, shaboozie on the drive back, you know, okay, whiskey. So, just going back to your email, you think you blew it on the date because you didn't know how to properly do the Heimlich.
Speaker 4: Is that what you meant by your email?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I just I feel like I didn't know what to do and I just want to redoing.
Speaker 4: I don't think you did that.
Speaker 2: I mean you didn't do the wrong thing. You did something right. Like you hit and you are supposed to I just finished my first aid course.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to bend someone over at a ninety degree angle and then hit.
Speaker 2: Him on the back five times, and then you bring him up and then.
Speaker 5: You Okay, that's CPR after dark, that's the Heimli. Everyone's supposed to wear leather for it, right, Okay, I've been I've been in that class.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's it.
Speaker 1: Maybe he just doesn't want to like rehash that night. Yeah, you know, like you're ever connected to it.
Speaker 2: We Shu didn't pull your phone and start taking a video?
Speaker 4: No did we? Did she not take out her phone and take a video?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: I did not.
Speaker 4: You hesitated for a second there, you have to think about it.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: No, I thought that image and I was like, who would do that?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, fair.
Speaker 5: We have been burned before by not asking these types of questions before we make the call. So we're just trying to cover all the bases here. And how long has it been since Jeremiah's choking incident.
Speaker 6: It's been a week and a half.
Speaker 5: Let's call it their first date, okay, fire, we'll rename the segment. Then sounds like, did we get a second date that we're gonna need us in a lifeguard with them? Yeah, possibly somebody to step in just in case an emergency.
Speaker 2: They can take Brooks. Course, everyone should get CPR in first aid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 5: First, we just need him to say yes to a second date when we come back, call him and do it right after this hold.
Speaker 4: On second date update.
Speaker 5: Most the time, when somebody's like, hey, let's head over to the choking party, it's a good thing, at least in my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get a little.
Speaker 5: Shaboozy going strict some airways, just see what happens. But the reason I bring it up is because Lola went on a date that wasn't.
Speaker 4: Supposed to be a choking party.
Speaker 5: It turned out to be, though, when her guy what I'm serious, they exist, they exist, and you guys just aren't being invited to them. And I'm glad you're not because I don't like your attitude to.
Speaker 2: The man had his life flashed before his eyes.
Speaker 4: Jeohn Mayah is the man. He got a little crab meat stuck in his throat.
Speaker 5: Lola didn't know what to do, so started hitting him on his back until another woman shoved in and gave him the heimlick.
Speaker 1: It's always so amazing when there's someone with medical experience just right when you need it.
Speaker 4: It's amazing. Sure.
Speaker 5: The positive to that is the woman saved Jeremiah's life.
Speaker 2: That's positive.
Speaker 5: The negative, though, is she kind of stole Lola's thunder. So, Lola, is there anything that you want to say to the selfish woman who stole your spotlight if she's listening to this.
Speaker 6: No, no, I'm grateful that she saved him.
Speaker 4: Are you because he's not calling you back now?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I mean, Lola, have you reached out to him? I mean it's an easy like, oh my god, how are you doing?
Speaker 6: I did, and no response.
Speaker 4: You said.
Speaker 5: The date ended pretty quickly after that. Does any part of you think maybe he choked on purpose as an excuse in order to.
Speaker 6: Call No, No, I don't think so at all.
Speaker 1: He flew up and the chair flew back, and he wasn't breezy ony out right grabbing his throat and turning.
Speaker 5: Purpose describing another choking party to liking it. Anyway, we will assume that he choked for real and that something is going on in his life that's making him not want to call you back that Here we go.
Speaker 4: I'm going to dial Jeremiah. Let's see if he answers.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Hold on, here we go. Hey? Is this Jeremiah yeah speaking? Hey man?
Speaker 5: You are speaking right now to an entire radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Jeremi, what up?
Speaker 4: Good morning? Okay, Yeah, I know this.
Speaker 5: Is probably pretty random. But we're doing a segment on our show it's called a second Date Update, and we'd really like to hear your side of the story that we just got.
Speaker 3: What are you guys talking about?
Speaker 5: Basically, we know somebody that you went on a date with recently, a woman named Lola.
Speaker 3: She called you guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, because she just wants to know why after your hangout you don't want to see her again, or she says, you're not really making an effort in like the week and a half since it happened, and we don't know what's going on on your end.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, we haven't talked since that.
Speaker 1: Night, right, Were you planning on colin her?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, is there something specific that's holding you back from doing so?
Speaker 3: I mean, I I don't I don't really know what she told you guys about what happened. But it was a nightmare.
Speaker 4: I mean, we heard some pretty crazy stuff happened that night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Lola just wants to know why after all of it went down, you don't want to go out with her again, or you're not really making an effort to talk to her anymore.
Speaker 4: She's just a little bit confused.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she tried to kill me.
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: That is a huge, huge accusation.
Speaker 3: No, I'm dead serious. I started choking on a piece of crab. I'm giving them the U, the universal sign for choking. I got two hands on my throat, right, and she just she comes up and starts trying to make out with me.
Speaker 2: Excuse me?
Speaker 7: What you that she came over after a few seconds because she was so stunned and started hitting you on the back.
Speaker 3: I mean, eventually she came around behind me and started like bashing me in the back with one of the crab mallards.
Speaker 5: Okay, wait, we heard that she was trying to help you hit you in the back.
Speaker 4: We didn't hear about using a crab mallard.
Speaker 2: You didn't ask again after before the kissing.
Speaker 3: That was after because like she's blowing air into my windpipe, which is stuffing the thing down like I can't breathe.
Speaker 2: She's doing like mouth to mouth.
Speaker 1: Doesn't know that's out of CPR now, well it's actually back in certified.
Speaker 5: It sounds like, and she even told us this directly, that she was really panicked in that moment and she didn't know how to help you.
Speaker 1: Yes, it sounds like it's not a sexual makeout session.
Speaker 2: It's just a she was trying to help. Like, I don't think she was actually trying to kiss you.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the hell she was doing.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, you know what fair The best thing to do probably is just ask her what she was doing, because she is on the other line of this call waiting.
Speaker 4: To talk to you.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think she's there.
Speaker 6: Hey there as It sounds really bad, and I guess it was like worse than I thought. But maybe next time we could just do milkshakes where you're not choking.
Speaker 5: What he was saying that when he started choking, you went up and tried to kiss him, is that true?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I was trying to give him CPR.
Speaker 2: I'm never standing up CPR. That's not with you, CPR.
Speaker 6: I just froze. I just can't.
Speaker 2: Well, you didn't freeze, you did something.
Speaker 4: At least you didn't run away too. That would have been it.
Speaker 5: We did go super smash Bros on his back with the crab ballet, so that was kind of cool.
Speaker 6: I mean, I needed to do something, but I knew I couldn't hit him that hard, so I just, you know, I thought the mallet would be quicker, harder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but why were you just blowing into my mouth and like holding onto my cheek the visual of it.
Speaker 6: No, I I heard this like if you blow the food it can come out or something. Maybe that's what I thought.
Speaker 5: I don't know, you're trying to blow it down into you.
Speaker 3: Tell me, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Lola told us that the ride home was very silent and awkward between you two. Was that was that whole situation because you were mad at her? Or were you just shocked by what had just happened.
Speaker 3: I was totally shocked. I had never choked before in my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Serious, I thought he was in the car with this killer.
Speaker 6: The more chances I have, Jeremy, I'm just thankful you're alive, even if we don't do a second day, like, I hope you know that that's not what I was trying to do. I was. I was trying to save you.
Speaker 4: That she may not have, but she tried. That is sweet it.
Speaker 2: Actually she's sincere on that, Jeremiah.
Speaker 1: I mean you could understand, like if you were in her position, the panic would definitely be there.
Speaker 3: I completely understand. I was panicking too. My life flashed before my eyes.
Speaker 5: I get it, Okay, yeah, but yeah, I mean, we all agree. Even Lola is admitting she did a bad job in her life saving attempt, but the effort was there, and if it hadn't been for her clubbing your back with that crab mallet, the other lady wouldn't have known to run over and give you the heimlick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like fun girl in the car that likes to dance to Shaboozie something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, less person that will save your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hate that song.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, take out the Shaboozi then, and now that everything is out in the open, we would like to offer to send the two of you out on another day with hopefully zero choking involved, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 2: Gosh, Jeff hasn't made a promise like that in a long time.
Speaker 5: I know, I don't know who would want something like that, but maybe you do. Jeremiah, what you think about giving Lola one more chance? I mean, she sounds genuinely remorseful and terrible about the way things unfolded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, I appreciate that. I just I kind of feel like if you're on a first date and you almost die It's probably not a good sign if you die.
Speaker 2: On that one and it experienced gould Bond people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we could send you to one of those air bars where they just put like air.
Speaker 2: Up the oxygen bar.
Speaker 4: Oxygen bar.
Speaker 2: Those were huge in the twenty tents.
Speaker 5: Jeremiah, you're saying that this was a sign from the universe that you're not meant to be with Lola.
Speaker 3: I think it was a sign from God.
Speaker 4: Excuse me?
Speaker 5: All right, Well, Lola, is there anything that you want to say to Jeremiah while we still have him on the phone or God?
Speaker 4: Yeah, explain him.
Speaker 6: So No, I just want to say, seeing that you think this is a sign, you're right, and I would want to be with someone who enjoy shaboozi sign.
Speaker 4: God speaks in weird ways.
Speaker 2: Sometime, looking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: A lot of lessons we could take out of that phone call. Maybe number one, most importantly, don't try mouth to mouth on someone who's actively in the middle of choking.
Speaker 1: I mean, unless they've already passed out and they're on the floor, then you actually should you should administer CPR at that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they're still standing, mouth to mouth isn't.
Speaker 4: If they're still conscious.
Speaker 5: Number two, if they don't like Shaboozi, that's a sign from God.
Speaker 2: You can't take a first aid class to fix that.
Speaker 5: And finally, if you start choking mid dinner date, that's God's way of telling you you deserve to find someone better.
Speaker 2: This second day was so divine.
Speaker 5: It really was a lot of cosmic signs happening. And if you're listening to this right now, that's probably God telling you you need to subscribe to our podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, unless you choke.
Speaker 1: If you don't believe in God, then it's just us telling us that you should subscribe to the Best Life.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 4: Don't make God or us angry.
Speaker 5: The universe will come back to bite you if you don't find us online wherever you get your podcasts at Brooke and Jeffrey