Speaker 1: I'm not sitting next to her. It's one more thing. I'm one more thing. So I got some good stuff here of Bill Maher had some funny stuff Friday night about college graduation season. We'll get to here in just a second. I'm not setting not setting next to her. I'm referencing the New York's Knicks New York Knicks games. So the New York Knicks are good again, and they're in the West or the Eastern Conference finals for the first time in a quarter century. And it has become like star studded. You got to be there, as always happens anytime a New York team gets good, right. But I was reading this thing from uh, Howard Stern the other day. He was actually talking about it on his show. I guess I don't listen, but I was reading it, and he was talking about how if he ever couldn't sit in the front row, he wouldn't go, he would realize that, you know, he's got to retire or whatever. Wow, And it got into the whole how that whole thing works. And I've always kind of wondered about that. It was true with the Lakers whenever they get really, really good, you know, Jack Nicholson famously or whatever, but not like Madison Square Garden because there's just just just it just always seems to be a bigger group of celebrities in that front row and Madison Square Garden when the Knicks are hot and the competition is so high, because it's so condensed there in Manhattan, and I was a little reading a little bit about how that whole thing works, and there is like a special its own thing is that front row because like I was watching last week, like did Timothy Shallomey decide that day he was going to the game, does he have season tickets or what? No, it's it's it's its own thing. It's its own like super rich famous people broker thingy, and they all get involved. Now nobody quite knows who makes the cut and doesn't and who who's in control of the gate keeping on that. Okay, I was just gonna ask, do the Knicks run that or it doesn't seem to be It seems to be a third part things somehow, okay, which I gotta believe. You know, there's all kinds of things involved. There's just money. There's just flat out how much are you willing to spend?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: There's also Madison Square Garden slash the Knicks. It's a better look for them to have certain people on the front row than other people, and that matters to their money too. Wow.
Speaker 2: So you think there's somebody who if you know, the guy who owns four or four dealerships in the Tri state area, calls up and says, yeah, I'll give you a ten k apiece for those seats. They're like, no, we got to keep those seats open in case a big name called.
Speaker 1: Well certainly, now, I gotta believe ten k is incredibly low number.
Speaker 2: You never the number is, but you'll reject a successful businessman while waiting all the famous TV chef.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's probably more like one hundred k. But you want Timothy Shallomey and whichever Jenner that he is dating right now, you want them on the front row. Who does the Knicks? I gotta believe they're not running the ticket. I gotta believe lots of people do. And it all factors in together. The Knicks want it, Madison Square Garden wants it, tn T wants it. It's better for T and T, it's better for so many people. It's got to all fit together.
Speaker 2: Somehow, Well, I'm trying to I'm trying to puzzle out who Why would the person who actually has those tickets give a crap? It could be it benefits them to keep it like so attractive that Hollywood stars go, So I would only sell them to the Ford, you know, franchise e guy. If there are definitely no stars who wanted to go tonight.
Speaker 1: Now, well, now that Howard Stern talking about how you know they make a decision and who gets to go and who doesn't whoever they is because he used to be on the front row a lot when the Knicks were really good.
Speaker 2: Billy Crystal, No, Billy Crystal was a Clippers fan, right la Clippers but.
Speaker 1: Like soapers, Yeah, the coming weeks, it's going to be very competitive. Timothy Chlamy is a good example because he's like giant movie star young. He also has been a Knicks fan forever. There's a cool picture last week of him as like an eight year old getting an autograph from Amari Stottemeyer when he was a Nick back in the day. And so now he gets to sit in the front row without he's a big star with one of the Kardashians. And then her sister. So that's a pretty good get for whoever's benefiting from this. Yeah, Tracy Morgan's always there. That might just be money though, because he got that two hundred million dollars because the Walmart truck ran into him and almost killed him, so he got too. So he's so wealthy. Combination of celebrity and the amount of money, Yeah, he gets.
Speaker 2: His calls are turned right away.
Speaker 1: John Stewart was in the front row, Drake was in the front row, and it's the front row part is pretty small. Well, Joe and I have been in the front row for Sacramento Kings games, which is you know, like in terms of competition wise so far that but but it's a pretty small number of seats that are available for your front row seats. Yeah, it ain't a lot.
Speaker 2: And people talk about who's in the front row.
Speaker 1: Do you know who that is?
Speaker 2: Do you know who that is?
Speaker 1: There's a big difference between sitting in the front row and the second row. Yes, front row, your feet are on the court, everybody can see you. Second row not the same. But it'll be interesting to see now that they're in the East Coast Finals, who who who manages to squeeze out who for those front row seats? Who's the old director that was famously Spike Lee. Spike Lee's still in the front row. Yeah, Kardashians and Tim Shallowmay. Though, that's that's pretty that's pretty good. That's pretty heady of coming Kardashians. So I realized they're like global whatever they are, But come on, they're La.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: The thing I was wondering, La Royalty should not be in the front row the next game. That's just wrong.
Speaker 1: The thing I was wondering about is uh, well, it's yeah, it's because the ones dating Timothy shallow May, I think, is how they in. But what I was wondering about, do you have any say who you're sitting next to? If I'm paying one hundred and fifty thousand dollars or whatever, maybe I don't want to sit next to I would want to sit next to Tracy Morgan, but maybe you don't want to sit next to Tracy Morgan. I would think it would be hilarious. But or whoever it is, I wonder if you have any say whatsoever? You just show up wondering yourself, what giant famous celebrity am I going to be sitting next to right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just sice. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I noticed Chalomey has like the very middle, like the exact like your half court. Somebody decided he's that guy, the it guy for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, oh, I congratulate him. Try not to catch a ball in the face, because man, they whipped that thing around fast. So yes, Bill Maher doing his thing Friday night, found this fairly amusing this graduation season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess it's may going to my nephews next week. Uh high school?
Speaker 2: High school?
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh huh. So that means we got the insufferable college graduation with the speeches from people that I usually find annoying. I get to listen to that.
Speaker 2: Here's absolute requirement. They're left of center.
Speaker 1: Yes, fantastic.
Speaker 4: What happens during graduation season, as we know, is the kids to go out there and it became a tradition to put the message that you want to greet the new world with on the top of your cap. So every year, Sigma tradition here that we show you some of the caps that we've seen.
Speaker 1: What you like, you'll see. Okay, for example, I.
Speaker 3: Used I used AI to write this hard. I did it, mam and elon, We'll hate America for food? Oh, I think I see that on a hab Luigi.
Speaker 1: I'll wait for you.
Speaker 3: Pronouns they have job prospects zero ZiLs Yes, living my tent from the quad to the sidewalk. Wow, maga the whole time and no one found out. Now, thanks Bill Bellich.
Speaker 1: Wow, I like will hate America for food?
Speaker 2: Fine. I got a picture of my son's graduation cap when he graduated a number of years ago from college with this useless degree. Oh my god, you can ask him, well you could? You could apply that to what percentage of degrees are close to useless?
Speaker 1: Half or more? Sir, I'm going to go two thirds. At this point in the university I near me and the degrees, I'm thinking two thirds.
Speaker 2: Nobody learns, nobody teaches, nobody studies.
Speaker 1: Who just loves that? Who's happy to have you because you spent four years with your down trodden this or that studies? How does that help me as the employer my son?
Speaker 2: His graduation cap thingy was actually a quote from The Big Lebowski, which is maybe a paraphrasing of Nietzschee. But it was a picture of Walter John Goodman from the Big Lebowski and the caption was if you will it, dude, it is no dream. That was his graduation statement. Fantastic, ambitious, ironic. Big Lebowski related, all y'all get out there and support yourself.
Speaker 1: That's what I want to see. That's what more graduation speeches from celebrity should be. I want you all y'all to go out there and support yourselves. Okay, but if you can't blame white people, you so, you don't need to throw that in. They've been learning that for four years. Yeah, I don't think you need to add that on it.
Speaker 2: Just reminding them on their way out the door.
Speaker 1: Now, don't forget.
Speaker 2: As a woman studies major, I ended up on this show.
Speaker 1: So there you go, useless. Well, I guess that's it.