Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and Gatty and Key Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: WNDA players are sending a very frank message to the league during a very pivotal time. The All Stars warming up in these T shirts last night that read pay us what you owe us the game, later drawing chance from fans echoing pay them.
Speaker 2: This comes a mid negotiations ran I really need out of that.
Speaker 4: So the w NBA players came out on the court for their All Star Game, which I did not see, wearing shirts that said play us what you pay us, what you owe us, and that caused a lot of online chatter. Is that sort of thing will? A lot of people pointing out the fifty dollars the league lost most recent season According to the NBA, which owns the WNBA, The WNBA is supported by only exists really because of the NBA finally subsidized by Yeah. Others are claiming that all that math has changed since Caitlin Clark came in and their ratings are up. The average attendance is up all across the country. I don't have any idea the numbers of that, but at least historically it has been a league that would not exist on its own if somebody, if the NBA wasn't for some reason thinking it's in their best interest to have a woman's version out there. There's not enough of an appetite to make it a profitable business at least a pisted.
Speaker 5: Two main motivations in doing that is far as I've been able to gather. Number One, it's a decent idea because like women's soccer is pretty big and profitable, and they thought maybe there's a market for this. The second thing is they are a league that has had problems with guys who don't treat women very well, and especially during the hashtag me too era when it was for that two and a half years or whatever it was, you had to desperately signal that you were good with women and up with women and down with domestic violence and rape and the rest of it, and aren't we all I'm differentiating frantic virtue signaling with actual morals. That's part of it. They just thought it was really good for their image. I points it was like buying carbon credits or something.
Speaker 2: As I was just.
Speaker 4: Reading one article preparing for this. Apparently the NBA purposefully makes the books on this pretty murky, so it's pretty difficult to figure out how much they subsidize and how much money the WNBA makes or dozen or whatever. But it is worth pointing out that the players, and they're voting for other players on the All Star Team had Caitlin Clark at ninth. You're out there wearing shirts for the All Star Game and says, pay us what are worth? If you get a raise, it's because of Caitlyn Clark. I mean, so I wouldn't be hating on her too much.
Speaker 5: Stadium was full for the All Star Game, Jack, do you know where it was held?
Speaker 2: Guessing apples? Guessing where she plays? Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, coincidence. That's kind of funny, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I mean you don't have to like her, I suppose, but you ought to realize that if you make more money, she's entirely the reason.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 4: Might not be fair, of course, but you know where does fair come into entertainment? Well, for instance, as I just spent an unholy amount of time watching the British Open, or the Open Championship as we prefer to call it in the golf world over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Tiger Woods was a prick.
Speaker 5: But every single guy with a golf club in his hands playing on TV will tell you, oh man, our sports just exploded because of Tiger. We're all making a hell of a lot more money because of Tiger.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Back in the day, I would have watched. I would have known the tournament was on this weekend. I didn't, and would have watched some if Tiger was playing, and because I would have pulled in people like me.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. Anyway, coming up later, I.
Speaker 5: Was gonna I've got a bunch of economic like a kitchen table, you know, economic dollars and cents stories to touch on real quickly.
Speaker 2: That's why I wanted to do this. Getting into it.
Speaker 4: The Caitlin Clark thing is just because it's all it's almost so many things are not presented as a dollar and cents sort of way. It's not nothing to do with fairness or whether women deserve a platform, but blah blah.
Speaker 2: Blah, none of that has anything to do with anything.
Speaker 5: Major league shortstop makes forty million dollars a year when a school teacher makes eighty thousand. Yeah, that's correct, that's absolutely correct, and that's precisely the way it should be anyway, unless we as a society decide to reprioritize. But we haven't anyway. So a couple of things worth noting. Economically speaking, here's a little ab for you. Headline A from the Wall Street Journal, the US economy is regaining its swagger.
Speaker 2: Consumer spending again.
Speaker 4: Consumers spending again after spring's tariff chill. But some expect growth to be slow. But there doesn't seem anything. It seemed to be anything that can slow down the economy. Then this headline, it's like the next story, Europe prepares for a US trade fight. We're about to start a trade war with our biggest trading partner over Trump's whole tariff thing and.
Speaker 2: Trade imbalances and the rest of it.
Speaker 5: And although in his defense, Europe has had very very one sided in their favor rules and rags about trading with the US.
Speaker 4: It does confuse me somewhat that I feel like I've heard five to and different entities.
Speaker 2: Are our biggest trading partner.
Speaker 4: That stat seems to get thrown around a lot. Our biggest trading partner, Mexico, our biggest trading partner. You're up our biggest trading partner, China, our biggest trading partner.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: If it's just like which version you use of the way you slice it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's an interesting thought. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So one of the points that they make in the second article about the alleged trade war is that nobody's really sure if any of the stuff is ever going to happen, the tariffs and the trade wars and the sturm and drong, and as markets tend to do, they get used to things.
Speaker 2: There's a more technical term for that.
Speaker 5: But now they're like, oh, yeah, Trump' shooting off his mouth about a trade war again. Huh interesting? What do you want to have for lunch? In a way that you know six months ago people go in nuts? And then finally this I thought this was really interesting. Now not a political thing because I don't care. Yeah, go ahead, Oh Lutnick his main spokesman on the whole thing. Oh Lutnick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Howard Lutnick was on one of the shows yesterday and I should have had Hanson grabbed the quote. He said something like, in the next two weeks, Americans are going to see the best something or other they've ever seen in their lives economy or business climate, or stock market or something. But anyway, he's claiming, in the next two weeks, we're gonna it's gonna be the most amazing you've ever seen in your life.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool.
Speaker 5: That's during the heels of the ninety deals in ninety days and there was like one and a.
Speaker 2: Half m.
Speaker 5: Show me, don't tell me, eh and then this, and again I'm not trying to make any point.
Speaker 2: I just found it interesting.
Speaker 4: It's a entirely economic strategy.
Speaker 2: Here's it.
Speaker 5: For instance, in January, a Campbell's New England clam chowder can of soup costs less than two bucks on Amazon. A this month can of So you're ordering your clam soup on Amazon to have delivered rights to your door. What a time to be alive. What a great country. And it's less than two bucks. And you can be in a part of the country where you haven't seen a clam since you know, but you can get it delivered to your door the next day, maybe the same day. And this month, that same soup costs two sixty on Amazon, a thirty percent increase in the five months since President Trump first announced sweeping tariffs. Amazon has quietly raised prices on low cost products, a bunch of them. Deodorant, protein shakes, PetCare items, blah blah blah. Wall Street Journal analysis and nearly twenty five hundred items.
Speaker 2: Found on average.
Speaker 5: Prices on inexpensive goods increased five percent by July. So it's not a ton, but it's some. In April, Amazon said they would hold the line on prices, but indeed they have raised them on thousands and thousands of items. Walmart lowered prices on the same items by nearly two percent.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's say items. What's going on there? Different business strategies. Here's what Lutnick said, how do you reverse public opposition?
Speaker 6: Oh, they're going to love the deals that President Trump and I are doing.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're just going to love them.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: The President figured out the right answer and sent letters to these countries said this is going to fix the trade deficit. This will go a long way to fixing the trade deficit. And that's gotten these countries to the table. And they were going to open their markets or they're going to pay the tariff. And if they open their markets, the opportunity for Americans to export to grow their business, farmers, ranchers, fishermen. This is going to be the next two weeks are going to be weeks for the record books.
Speaker 2: President Trump is going to deliver for the American people.
Speaker 4: Next two weeks are going to be weeks for the record books. I hope it's true as juicy as Trump steaks. That's right, It's going to be fabulous. Why that was just why its Why do you need to do that? Because I'm a realist, I demand realism. I think you should put on your Trump shoes and walk that back.
Speaker 2: Take a look at my Trump watch and it's not running. That's on.
Speaker 5: So here's here's one of the difficulties in speaking of these things quickly. It reminds me of the end of the last hour. Jack said something about the Epstein thing, and I said, well, it depends what you mean by the Epstein thing.
Speaker 2: As we are discussing last week.
Speaker 5: There are many different sizes you can order of the Epstein quote unquote conspiracy. Some are very modest, fact based. This guy was a perv. He was getting underage girls for other pervs. Who are they? Why have so few charges been filed? That is a perfectly reasonable, fairly conservative way to look at it.
Speaker 2: Then you got your.
Speaker 5: Full blown the Jews are running a worldwide sex pizza under see Hollywood driven sex cabal thing.
Speaker 2: Different version of the Epstein thing.
Speaker 5: When you're talking about the tariffs and the trade wars and the agreements, you almost have to talk about every country or every set of countries differently, because it's absolutely true Europe has all sorts of trade barriers against us that are the legacy of the post WW two era when they were decimated, and we were smart to help them grow their economies so they would become customers again and become trading partners again, and ally is worth having again, that was smart.
Speaker 2: It needs to end now.
Speaker 5: The only reason their economies are weak is because they're socialists, and we've been defending them against foreign adversaries for the last seventy five years. Having said all that, the whole trade deficit thing is just silly. That's not a problem except in very rare cases.
Speaker 2: Here's a for instance.
Speaker 5: This is another Trump is silly thing. Sorry, I'm piling on a bit. I love what he's done on the border and cleaning up the woke in the universities.
Speaker 2: Couldn't love it. Anymore. But this stuff is just silly. Love that the Oval Office now looks like a Chinese restaurant. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Finally, so Trump announced last week that he's ordered Coca Cola to put cane.
Speaker 4: Sugar ben right, that's right, finally, that's what I said of cord, the issue I voted on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and uh, here's the problem. Though, we have a huge shortage of sugar in this country. We don't produce nearly as much as we eat because we're.
Speaker 2: A fat, fat people. We produced about.
Speaker 5: Four million tons of cane sugar four million. We consume twelve and a half million.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: The rest is made up by imports and sugar source from sugar beets, which is a little bit different. And so we would have to have an enormous increase in sugar imports from.
Speaker 2: Brazil and Mexico.
Speaker 5: Okay, those are country is that face Trump administration tariffs of fifty and thirty percent respectively on August first, allegedly, so your coke could be about three dollars and fifty cents for one thing. And secondly, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, we would have enormous trade deficits because they have something we want that doesn't hurt us my grocery.
Speaker 4: I have an enormous trade deficit with my grocery store. I give them way more money than they give me. I can't in fact, I can't find any record of them giving me any money. But that money filters its way through the economy into my pocket and it's fine. So it's just it's a silly way of looking at it. Big sugar or something. Yeah, I just I don't get his strategy.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's just his his I'm crazy hardball and it yields great agreements.
Speaker 2: I hope that's the case.
Speaker 4: It may be getting a pet psyche could help your dog's life. Also, I want to be a billionaire. Work ninety hours a week. That's the answer. Among other things on the way.
Speaker 8: TVs announced they are indeed ending the late night comedy show The Late Show with Stephen Colbert next year.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Kimmel blasted.
Speaker 8: The decision with a foul mouth post on Instagram. He would have done it on his show, but he wanted people to see it.
Speaker 2: That's kind of funny. Wow.
Speaker 4: So Tulsa Gabbert, the skunk striped National Security National Director of Intelligence or whatever she is, made some explosive claims yesterday about information she has about the Obama administration purposefully fabricating stuff about Russia, Gates, et cetera, et cetera. That including Barry himself, if true, would be a really big deal.
Speaker 2: So we'll explain that coming up. Yep.
Speaker 5: Indeed, a couple of really cool stories from the world of science, one being that, and I became aware of this because a friend is involved in this. But can new blood tests really detect cancer early? A federally funded study will research whether a new generation of cancer blood tests are ready for patients.
Speaker 2: It's a big giant study. Yeah.
Speaker 5: These multi cancer, multi cancer early detection tests are designed to flag the aeron genetic signatures of more than a dozen cancers. Wow, how doctors and medical practices are already using them?
Speaker 4: How often do you think we'd be jabbing ourselves? Would we start doing it at home? Because it's so we're going in like every How often would you do it?
Speaker 2: Probably every couple of years would be enough. Right? No, God, No.
Speaker 4: When I got when I had my cancer, I asked him how long do you think I had this? They said it could have been nine months, or it could have been a couple of weeks depends on how fast it grew. But yeah, I think you'd have to go in every month, or you'd want to if you could catch this gieminy. I don't want to get jabbed every month.
Speaker 5: I don't cancer either, But you know, I wonder, you know, obviously we're way early to be discussing that with any you know, authority, But I wonder how expensive the test will be or you know, because some things are much more you know, expensive than others in the world of blood testing. And the other interesting story is they're making find out more and more about dog's ability to actually smell that somebody has Parkinson's disease. Wow, yeah they can. That's been known for quite some time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Parkinson's causes changes in your skin and has a unique sense signature linked to the disease.
Speaker 2: And and you know, the.
Speaker 5: Dogs, let's see what was their actual success rate up to eighty percent sensitivity and ninety eight percent by sniff skin swabs, but in the field it's more like eighty percent in the early testing.
Speaker 2: So I mean that.
Speaker 4: Between the blood tests and like dogs, might we be able to nip these dread diseases in the bud in the future.
Speaker 2: That'd be amazing. What Tulsi Glack gab Well is rough.
Speaker 4: Tosy Gabber claims she has Armstrong and.
Speaker 2: Geeddy fuzz on this. Whatsoever.
Speaker 1: The Russians interfered in our election during twenty sixteen cycle. They did it with purpose, They did it with sophistication, They did it with overwhelming technical efforts.
Speaker 2: The Great James Comy, the hero of every story he ever tells, or.
Speaker 4: They did not a whole lot other than run a bunch of Facebook ads, which is ultimately kind of everything they found for the most part.
Speaker 5: Right well, interestingly enough, over the weekend, Tulsa Gabber the DNI made a statement that we're about to essentially saying Barack Obama was intimately involved in the Russian collusion hoax and everything that flowed from it.
Speaker 2: In that and I'll let her.
Speaker 5: Speak, but that the cast of characters, those names we know, Comy Clapper, Brennan, Susan Rice, John Kerry, they are all in on it. Indeed, it is criminal what they did here, is miss Gabbard.
Speaker 2: It's not a Democrat or Republican issue.
Speaker 9: This is an.
Speaker 7: Issue with such significant impact that it should concern every American because it has to do with the fabric and integrity of our democratic republic. There was a Moller investigation that went on for years, cost taxpayers nearly forty million dollars.
Speaker 2: There were two congressional impeachments.
Speaker 7: President Trump and almost every member of his family were smeared and attacked face lawsuits, depositions, high level officials were Investigated's foundational to it all was the fact that we had in President Obama and his leadership team, people who did not want to accept the will of the American people in electing Donald Trump in twenty sixteen, and therefore cooked up this treasonous conspiracy to again try to effectively and they did effectively launch a year's long coup against the sitting president of the United States.
Speaker 4: I didn't see the interview with her. Where did where did she come up with new information?
Speaker 5: I just think it's continuing to dig after months of investigation into this matter. She says, Yeah, Trump's only been president for six months and there's been no way to look into it.
Speaker 2: A news since twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: I'm scanning her statement real quickly. The long and short of what she says is that there is overwhelming evidence that demonstrates how, after Trump won the twenty sixteen election against Hillary Clinton, president Obama is national security Cabinet members manufactured and politicized intelligence to lay the groundwork for what was essentially a year's long coup against the president.
Speaker 2: And she goes into a fair amount of detail.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm pretty jaded on this sort of stuff, and I come by it honestly. I think in that, for instance, the whole Russia hoax, all kinds of people, including my current Senator Adam Schiff, claimed all kinds of crap for years that they just did not have and have paid no price for not having it. Then you got James Comer on the Republican side claiming all kinds of crap that he apparently has not had in a couple of different things recently.
Speaker 2: And I don't have a.
Speaker 4: Lot of faith in Tulci Gabbard. I do have a fair amount of faith in Matt Taiebe, though he is the leading non right wing journalist on being upset about the Russia hoax.
Speaker 2: He hates Trump.
Speaker 4: He's lefty if he's anything, but he hates being lied to by the government more than anything else. And he has believed the whole Russia thing was nonsense from the beginning. Has been writing about this for the Rolling Stone and others, and I guess now he's a substack guy.
Speaker 2: This is what he tweeted out today.
Speaker 4: Though Barack Obama now squarely in the Russia gate crosshairs, Former President Obama is now the center square of the investigation, and documents suggested legacy, maybe even his freedom are in jeopardy, right, iibi. I mean, according to the documents that are out that's a hell of a thing to say. Here's a very basic fact outline that is the spine of this whole thing. So, in the months leading up to the November twenty sixteen election, the intelligence community consistently assessed that Russia is probably not trying to influence the elect the election by using cyber means. And in December of twenty sixteen, after the election, after the election, talking points were prepared for d n I James Clapper stating quote, foreign adversaries did not use cyber attechs a cyber attacks on election infrastructure to alter the US presidential election outcome. On December ninth, twenty sixteen, President Obama's White House gathered top National Security Council of principles for a meeting that included Clapper and Brennan and Rice and Carry, etc. After the meeting, D and I, Clapper's executive assistant, sent an email to intelligence community leaders tasking them with creating a new IC assessment per the president's request. That's a quote that details quote the tools Moscow used in actions it took to influence the twenty sixteen election. It went on to say, oh, D and I will lead this effort with participation from the various agencies. There's a problem there, and various folks have called Tulsey Gabbard on it. I don't want to prejudge because, like Matt Taibi, I agree it was so dirty and deliberate and so many people were in on it. Whether it crossed the bounds into lawlessness, I don't know, but it's worth pursuing. But the first statement was about Russia is not trying to influence the election by using cyber means literally hacking into the systems. And then the second thing at Obama's request is tools Moscow used in actions it took to influence the twenty sixteen election. Those are two different questions, and so is this just sloppy is it equivocating the two things.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you this, I am absolutely unwilling to say. Look at Telsey Gabbard, those two things are different. She's a crackpot. Never mind. I mean, because it was so dirty and deliberate and unfair and probably illegal.
Speaker 4: Well, certainly, the faking up of the PAISA warrants over and over again in the ways we've discussed through the years.
Speaker 2: That was despicable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh, you know, it's the same crowd that went out of their way to present Hunter's laptop as a ridiculous story when they knew it was a real story. They run knew it was real. So it's the same people doing the same things in the same direction. Does it really stretch the credulity that.
Speaker 5: Much to think Obama was in on those conversations or even you know, ran it. And if it wasn't Obama, that's fine. I don't have Obama obsession syndrome. Now, it doesn't whether it go to him at all. All the other people, if they did it on their own, need to pay a price.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 4: I just have always assumed with Obama mostly. I mean, this is not like a charitable view of him. Really, it's just a just always have thought he's just so into himself, and he was at the end of a two term presidency, Like I just can't imagine him caring enough. We've got a couple of Matt taiv quote clips here, Sure said talking to Bill Hemmer on Fox News go ahead with forty seven. Michael, Well, why wasn't there more urgency on this and Trump one point zero as there is now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a complaint.
Speaker 9: I heard a lot over the weekend from people who have been following this, and even for former officials who are close to Trump. There one of them said to me, a former high ranking Trump officials said there was quote so much corruption in the last Trump presidency that this shouldn't have been overlooked, that these documents should have come out. Absolutely, But the overall sense I get is that everyone's happy that they finally are coming out, and they're looking forward to what is likely to come out this week.
Speaker 4: Matt Taibe is a guy, as a lefty, he has been one of the people screaming, hey, liberals, we're the people that are supposed to be like really worried about the CIA and the NSA and the FBI. We're the ones that's our lane to think that the FBI is somebody we should be scared of, and they all cooked something up to take down a presidency. Shouldn't we as liberals be worried about this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: A lot of what motivates him as personal disgust that, Yeah, the lefty media started lionizing Clapper and call me and all these people the minute they were opposing Trump. And he's like, wait a minute, these are the spooks and the guys who ignore the Constitution and the Fourth Amendment means nothing to them with their legal searches, and.
Speaker 2: Now they're your buddies, left the America and cooked up the Iraq war. In his mind, right, here's another Tayebee clip.
Speaker 4: Is the allegation they were trying to influence our election or or is the allegation that they actually changed votes?
Speaker 2: I think we need to be clear on that. What can we say? So it's both.
Speaker 9: The Democrats are making a lot of hay over this apples and oranges issue that there was never any question they didn't actually change vote tallies, but they did influence the election. Actually, there was some question about whether they had the ability to to influence the election. There were quotes earlier from that from that year with the FBI saying they didn't have any evidence that they had done so, and they were uncomfortable making that statement. There there were also quotes saying that they lacked evidence that Russia had the ability to out to impact the outcome of the election. So all of this would have been passed on to somebody like Michael Flynn because presidents elect are entitled to receive the Presidential Daily Briefing. That's why this is important. It's not so much what the PDB did say, it's what it didn't say. It didn't say that there was a sweeping conspiracy to help Trump, and if they had that, it would have been a very different political.
Speaker 5: Picture going for Okay, I got to admit my overall sense of this is it's going to be really hard to nail down. There are just too many slippery facts and plausible deniability encounters and the rest of it. I think it's well worth looking into because it was a disgusting chapter.
Speaker 4: From people who for a living do slippery things that are hard to nail down in other countries. So so, yeah, and one counterfactual or alternate history that will never be able to witness in reality is if Trump hadn't been beset by that whole Russian collusion hoax his whole first term, how would that have changed his actions policies? Is just is his demeanor everything all right? And the first impeachment probably wouldn't have happened, and then the second way. I mean, you don't know if January six you don't know if he'd have won. So yeah, it's hard to say how it affected things well.
Speaker 5: Right, And even having lost. The whole January sixth thing was I think, to some extent Trump refusing to stand up for the so called institutions of our society in a way that I would have appreciated on that day because he was so disgusted with how dishonest they had been about him and his administration for a very long time. I'm not excusing it, but I think I understand it.
Speaker 4: With nobody paying a price at all, exactly, you want to be a billionaire, work ninety hours a week, among other things to tell you coming up, stay here, The kiss cam coldplay story continues to entertain people with new information. The guy had to quit. They're both insanely wealthy, we'll get into that in hour three. And what Coldplay is saying in their concerts now all entertaining. So Elon Musk tweeted this out on his old platform over the weekend, which I thought was interesting. All it said was, at times AI existential dread is overwhelming. Well, I thought that from a guy who's building one of the top AI machines in the world and knows more about it than the average human.
Speaker 2: I find that a little scary.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I've got a great chat GPT story in which it has chat gpt is admitted I failed.
Speaker 4: But on a different topic from Elon Musk, he did an interview over the weekend with uh look like it was, which one is it? Axios Politico one of them anyway, talked about how much he's working now SpaceX and Tesla, and he said he's back to He had tweeted out he's back to working seven days a week and sleeping in his office whenever his kids are away.
Speaker 2: I don't know whatever.
Speaker 4: Whenever his kids away means when you have fourteen kids, different women, different places, but working seven days a week, And his quote was from the interview was seven days a week, sleeping in the factory. No one should put this many hours into work. This is not good, This is painful. It hurts my brain, it hurts my heart. That's an interesting thing to say. It hurts your brain and it's hurts your heart, and nobody should do this, but you're doing it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm not exactly sure what that means, which leads me to this a different billionaire who I'd never heard of. How did Lucy Guo Guo? I don't speak Chinese. Would you pronounce that goo go? I'm gonna say go.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: How did Lucy go to throwing throne Taylor Swift as the youngest self made female billionaire in the world. Act broke stay rich, she said, is one of her keys, but she's thirty years old. Recently dethroning Taylor Swift as the youngest self made billionaire on the planet. She did it with an and some sort of AI data labeling startup. I don't even understand what it was that she did, but it's involving artificial intelligence.
Speaker 2: See, you gotta label your data. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 4: The quickest way to become a billionaire or have a stock reach four trillion dollars or whatever is be involved in AI in the modern world, that's for certain. Anyway, this is the stuff I thought that was very interesting. She started this when she was twenty one. She left a couple of years later, but she still has enough control in the comp that she became a billionaire at age thirty. The coder turned founder still clocks ninety hour work weeks with a schedule that starts at five thirty am and ends at midnight every day. She credits her no sleep DNA to her parents that she just doesn't need much sleep. Her parents were Chinese immigrants who worked as engineers in the San Francisco Bay area and instilled under a strong work ethic, working every day from five thirty am to midnight.
Speaker 2: Kill me right.
Speaker 4: The fast talking Trailblazer doesn't believe in wasting time. I did like this part. She said, Well, I don't watch TV or scroll TikTok, so that gives me many extra hours a day.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: I mean, you also have to worry about going crazy by never doing anything that's recreation. But if you eliminate I mean, because there's certain stuff we all.
Speaker 2: Should eliminate, it's just a waste of freaking time.
Speaker 4: I mean, even if you feel like you need to, there's better ways to rest than scrolling TikTok. Yeah, but he said that gives me many extra hours in a day. I'm constantly on the go, whereas a lot of people building relaxation time, I do not. I do fill in my schedule some stuff like at ten pm sometimes I'll go to dinner with friends. We're not all built to work ninety hour weeks.
Speaker 2: She cost me at ten pm, Hey you want to grab a bike?
Speaker 5: I'm like, what the hell I'm going to sleep, I'm getting bum in bed.
Speaker 4: I only answered the phone because I thought you were at a car wreck or something. You want to go eat.
Speaker 2: So two things on this that struck me.
Speaker 4: One, I don't want to go counter to the narrative that you know to a certain extent, if you can dream it, you can do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can be successful just like anyone else, which is true.
Speaker 4: But a lot of like pro athletes or tech billionaires or whatever, are just built diferently than you are or I am.
Speaker 2: They're just built differently.
Speaker 4: Their minds work differently, or their bodies work differently, and it's just good for them or bad for them or whatever. But I'm not built to work ninety hours a week, all day long without doing anything else. I'd go crazy. I don't want to do that. And you know, I'm not built to be insanely competitive about one particular tiny aspect of the world, like a specific sport or a music instrument or something like that. I'm just not Also, though, the other side of it is the whole. Why do some immigrants come to this country and think, Wow, what an opportunity. If I work my ass off, I can become wealthy in this country. And some people come to this country, or some people who are born in this country with the idea that I'm not rich already having done nothing, and I'm going to blame others in the government and riot in the streets to get mine.
Speaker 2: What is that parenting school? I think a lot of it's probably chinnet the attitude.
Speaker 4: No, the attitude's not genetics, the attitude of I'm not rich yet, it's somebody else's fault.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's genetics. No, probably not, although I don't know. It's a complicated question. We have no time. But yeah, I think a lot of it's upbringing our culture. I mean, you have cultures for instance, communist cultures where being a go getter didn't do you any good, Kissing the ass of the authorities and scamming the system did you good.
Speaker 2: So yeah, becomes part of your.
Speaker 4: Well if you grow up surrounded by parents and say this is a country where you can get wealthy, or you grew up with parents saying this is a country where you're being screwed.
Speaker 2: By the rich. Those are two very different. Then sure, Armstrong and Getty