Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stanwick. Let's get to some stocks on the move on this Friday. Bloomberg News Equities reporter at Alexandra Semenova in the house, alex Rischell. We begin.
Speaker 3: We got to start with Apple, guys, because there is a big scoop right now from none other than our own Mark German. On this Apple has developed a chat GPT like iPhone app to help test and prepare for a long anticipated overhaul of Siri. The company's AI division is using the app to evaluate new features for Siri, Apple's voice powered assistant. Of course, that includes testing the ability to search through personal data such as songs and email, and perform in app actions. But at this point it's just going to the Apple employees test the app, so not accessible yet to people like ourselves.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to Wayfair. This is certainly that in rich we've been talking about a lot today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is a sector that's been in focus today. Shares a furniture retailer tumbling after President Trump announced that the US will enact new tariffs on imported kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities, and other home products next week. Our h is seeing its stock fall and it's had a really difficult you're given all of the teriff announcements. Its CEO has been a critic of Trump's trade policies. We're also seeing wayfair fall. In a social media post on Thursday, Trump said that these kinds of imported products have been flooded into the US. He said that a fifty percent tariff will go on cabinets, vanities and associated products.
Speaker 2: In Oracle, it's up seventy percent so far this year.
Speaker 3: But today, yeah, today not so much because that TikTok Us deal that it'll be a part of. It's getting a fourteen billion dollar evaluation. That is a lot lower than most people were anticipating, and obviously investors are disappointed to hear this. That was kind of a rough estimate at this point. Jdban said that this could be a different number, and it'll be at the discretion of the companies that are buying it. That is Oracle, and of course it's working with silver Lake Management on this, but we'll see it definitely has been a fantastic year, as you mentioned for Oracle, up about seventy five percent and twenty twenty five. First it had that earnings report where it really wowed investors with its guidance, and then of course being a part of this deal.
Speaker 1: It does feel like the last couple of weeks or last month that Oracle just seems so connected to so many kind of upbeat things, and it is certainly propelled that's share price higher.
Speaker 2: Great this stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Apple car Play and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.