Speaker 1: The Official Jets Podcast is presented by win Bet. Betting is the team sport. But together it went bat, Eric Allen and Bart Scott here at one Jets Drive.
Speaker 2: Joined by Legit. DU's a boat in Florida?
Speaker 3: Is that it? Emmy? He got behind her? He just go he just gonna flex that on us. Yeah, are you coming up?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: I'm about there.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 1: I like the background now he just polished it too, And and we got the little Bart Scott bibblehead still with us, still looking at bomb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he don't like that.
Speaker 1: He wants a little bit of darker.
Speaker 3: Bart Scott, Well, I just need some melon. Look like I got no blug going through my body again.
Speaker 1: We gotta get your We gotta get you a little shot of vitamin D.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Big time jealousy up north right now, Bart wants to be down in Florida.
Speaker 3: I think it's bye week.
Speaker 5: I could just go ahead and call it audible, man, you know what I'm saying, But you know I had to be hearing my peoples.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love it, dudes, What do you make the that's being three and three and specifically what they just did to the Philadelphia Eagles who came into MetLife Stadium on beaten Jalen Hurt's career high three interceptions, four takeaways at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, eya, what a gutsy performance. You talk about being down your all Pro corner, another Pro Bowl corner, your third corner, who was the first outside corner. Yet if Sauce Gonner or DJ Reid should go down, you had all three of those guys out that game. And for you to have a gutsy defensive performance where they were just stifling to Jalen Hurts and the rest of that defense. You know, a lot of people wondered why the Eagles didn't try to run the ball, and they tried to a little bit in the beginning with DeAndre Swift didn't have much success. They did have some success with Jalen Hurts using his legs. But the kudos to you know, coach Albrick and the defensive staff were putting a massiful plan together, right They literally put it on the defensive line. You want to lean on your best position group on the team, and that's exactly what they did. I mean, right south. I'm sure we're probably talking about him later, but I don't know if you guys remember EA and Bart. There was two years ago around this bye week time they signed another defensive line John Franklin Myers. Could the Jets potentially lock up Bryce Huff going forward this bye week can handle some business. I think it would be smart for them to do that. Johnson, I mean, his second years sension continues to grow. He was dominant this game, causing interception, caused a Fumbo slash interception, so essentially he was credited for causing two interceptions. So I mean, just a gussy performance. And I think anybody, any Jet fan would have signed up for three and three with Aaron Rodgers that quarterback. Without Aaron Rodgers for the just to be three and three. It's a great job, masterful job by this coaching staff and these players on this team.
Speaker 2: Ay j.
Speaker 1: Brown got his Bart, but how were they able to do this with tays up Craig James. I mean, we've seen Bryce Hall make contributions over the last couple of weeks, but it means like it no matter who's playing, this unit is so cohesive and everybody's stepping up to the play and.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, right, Remember what the narrative was was before early in the season. Oh Joe Douglas and Robert Salad their jobs should be on the line and all this type of stuff, right, I mean, they lost arguably the best quarterback of this generation or his generation.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: And now you look at the fact that you talk about the depth of being able to draft, but not just draft, be able to develop. Because whenever you call somebody from practice squad he plays, that means that you're coaching him up all year. They didn't you know, he came here and you know what it is like everybody's here been not a starter, and you're the backup. And they say, Okay, this is what we want from Look team, but we want you to use our techniques because we don't want you practicing bad habits. So this is their cover three play like we play it, and that's part of your development. So don't think because you're sitting here being a Look team that we don't expect you to be developing and getting better at our techniques, getting better at our communication even though you don't get the reps. That's why one of the hardest jobs in the league is being a backup, because you don't get any of the physical reps. You have to be able to develop from mental reps. You can say that these guys did it, and you know they played at a high level, and it's a tough drawer.
Speaker 3: Whenever you get a guy like a J.
Speaker 5: Brown, I think they realize just how big and strong Key was when they come in here with from the arm tackles. You know what I mean, Buyer beware you come in here because he can man, he can embarrass you.
Speaker 3: And CJ.
Speaker 5: Mosey figured it out too. But you know, that's a great player doing great things. But the thing is, whenever you have an upset that I tell people all the time. Every team in the NFL has talent. Every team in the NFL has good players. But at any time, a good player can dare to be special.
Speaker 1: And the.
Speaker 5: Good players on the Jets decided to be special all at the same time when they needed it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: You talk about the defensive life, situational awareness, being able to get you know, hands on balls, tips, you know changes, you know what I mean, making him uncomfortable. And Chalden Hurts plays against good defenses, right, and he'll eventually play against Dallas, But I don't think he's ever played against a defense that feels like they have five guys rushing even though it's four, allowing them to put guys in windows and making him be a high percentage decision maker early and often. He did that for the majority of the time, but the fours mishaps that he had was enough to be able to swing the pendulum in the Jets. In the Jets fashion right that first nineteen play drive, which I still don't think he scored, was brutal because no way you lay down. Anybody knows you don't simonstaneously put the ball out and then lay on the ground. We know that if his shin is down, he's down. So whatever, that's a different story for a different time.
Speaker 2: Well, explain it to me. I don't even get it.
Speaker 1: I know it's a different story for a different time, but I didn't really get into it in the postgame show because we were talking all supermatives about what the Jets actually did.
Speaker 2: But his body, don't understand it.
Speaker 3: His body was down.
Speaker 5: His lower body was down before they extended it, right before he even extended it. Like and if you're side of your leg is down on your shin and your knee that's down, so like we know just about how his upper body was before he started leading that his body was down before, so we know his knee was down, now his thigh and his hip may not been down. But we come on, there's no way. It's just it's just that's just mechanics, right. But they decided to call it because they probably say it was inconclusive. We can't see it, but we can see the ball, and I think you go with the call that was on the field, and the call on the field was that it was just ball only.
Speaker 3: Did Jets get stuff like that?
Speaker 2: That's what it's gonna say.
Speaker 1: Okay Holms right now, but can we just address the situation? When are they When are they gonna get calls?
Speaker 2: Dudes?
Speaker 3: Because we go back to the Kansas City when a Rodgers come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seriously, when are they gonna get calls?
Speaker 4: So I tweeted this last night, Me and me and the cohns were tweeting back and forth, and uh, anybody that watched the Buffalo game last night, the passing affairs they called the second to the last play of the game. To me, that was questionable with the game on the line, but the last playing the game, there's no way you don't call that. I love Taron Johnson, but he mugged Darren Waller like that was an easy call to make and yeah, like he literally pulled a jersey, didn't didn't turn around. You can face guard in the NFL, but if you face guard, you can't grab the guy. He grabbed Darren Waller and impeded him for putting his right hand in the Yeah. So I tweeted this like, it's interesting in the league that good teams get those calls, teams with winning records, right, and you see the Giants are struggling, so they don't get that call. So Ea, your question is when do the Jets start getting those calls? Well, I think people tend to forget when we were on that little win streak last year. I believe we went with seven and four Jets. We're actually getting some calls, right, So, like Bart, we always talk about it, and we kind of kid in the locker room. Sometimes you got to make your own luck, right, and you get some lucky calls if you're winning, like the Josh Allen and I understand how this guy keeps getting rough in the passer calls. This is not me being a homer, but you're six foot five, two hundred and fifty pounds. It's all cute and Danny when you're running down the sideline stiff armor dbs. But yeah, a deep with the line in their linebacker hits you and it's just a good football play. You cry for a flag like you can't have it both ways. And Zach Wilson has got hitting the face mask, his face mass has been grabbed and he is yet to get a rough in the basketball. It's baffling. Hopefully with that win last night and the Jets can string some wins together, hopefully that that pendulum swing that Bart always talks about. Hopefully some of those calls are, you know, swinging in favor of the Jets.
Speaker 5: Well, what you have to do to also, as your staff, you put all those plays together, you send it to the officials so that way in the second half, you know they feel inclined like okay, yeah, we got it.
Speaker 3: We gotta be better. We missed it. Like listen, we're not to blame it, y'all.
Speaker 5: We just want to let y'all know y'all missed these and we get it, but these are clear files that you guys missed. You guys need to stop missing as many on our side. If you're going to do that, then you need to miss him on the other side.
Speaker 1: Real, real quickly, be consistent AJ Brown, they catch up the sideline.
Speaker 2: Definitely catch, I mean to catch.
Speaker 4: So that's what I'm saying. So, like to Bark's point earlier on the nineteen play drive, they usually always lean towards what they call on the field, right, So the Jalen hurts it was crazy that it goes to commercial break and then all of a sudden we come out of commercial break and the Eagles have six points. My thing is, you said you have different views, and that's what the broadcast was saying. They have different views. They can look at why can't we all look at him exactly? If you called that short of the goal line, that's the call you should have went, because it was not conclusive whether or not he was up or not. With the AJ Brown call, I don't mind it because they called it a catch on the field and it could have went either way. Like he definitely had his knee inbounds, right. The question was that the ball move before that elbow went out abound, that he re established control. So my thing is, I think and Nasaula talked about this earlier with the Sauce Gardner penalty vs. Kansas City. It's just consistency from the rest, right. If you call it like that, call it like that the whole game. If you were going to overturn the Jalen Hurst thing, you should have overturned the aj Brown catch. If you were gonna say that Jalen Hurts wasn't in the end zone, you should have said that that was a good catch by a J. Brown. You just got to be consistent with your calls throughout the game.
Speaker 1: What can the Jets be with Zach Wilson pair it up with this defense? Because don't you think that this offense is going to continue to evolve after everything that they faced early in the season.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, More said is a weapon, right, he flips the field. They gain yards like that. I look at him as gaining yards on offense, right, especially if this defense. Now the defense is great, right, and they've been playing well when you look at the yards they give up, and I thought they did a better job in making the necessary adjustments. Usually it takes them two or three drives. I think they got all two to three drives and one drive, so then they were able to make make the adjustments, you know, but you know they can't start slow, right, and then you look at the yards that they give up, you know what I mean, They can't give up as much yards as they've been giving up if they want to be considered a dominant defense. I don't know if this is true or not, but as far as the numbers rankings, I think they ranked like twenty second, right.
Speaker 3: But you know, we know what our eyes tell us.
Speaker 5: Eyes tell us that their league defense and they're playing tough opponents. So when they've played these other opponents that doesn't have Mahomes, that doesn't have Jalen Hurts, it doesn't have Josh Allen, I expect those guys to be held to one hundred and fifty yards total offense with the turnovers. Right, Like what how Cleveland looked like in my opinion, Cleveland's the best defense. And I said, don't get up. I said San Francisco won't score twenty. And they didn't score twenty because like those are bullies on the block, and with Davin Townlinson in the middle, they're good on the outside and they stout in the middle. And Jim Schwartz, even though I don't like him, and We've had our altercations. He's one of these guys that when he comes out and he goes anywhere, like Big Bangio, like Rex Ryan, like Wade Phillips, they turn it straight around.
Speaker 1: So Sal said after the game, he thinks the offense is really close.
Speaker 2: Dudes, do you see that too?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely see. I think the things that we talked about EA and Bart in regards to the red zone offense, it's just about finding what Zach really likes. And I think you go back to the interview that Aaron Rodgers had with Pat mccafee, and you know when Jack was hitting on all cylinders in the red zone versus Kena City Chiefs, it was because in Danie peck Hackett called the plays that Zach really liked, right, And we saw the confidence growing that game. And Bart, you know this, when you start making plays like everything becomes easier. When you're out there, everything slows down. I mean that back shouldered whole shot versus Kansas City Chiefs to Alan Lazard, that wasn't just good football, that was elite football. That was elite placement. Right. So if Zach Wilson continues to build confidence, right, we see as the arm talent. It's all about him stringing some completions together and then when he getting into the red zone, I think bart and this is just from the outside looking in, right, Sometimes he's just too careful because he doesn't want to turn it over because he knows we're getting three no matter what. But you know this, you got to have confidence in the red zone because the windows are so much tighter. The field is condensed right, so you can't be timid in the red zone because if you're timid with the ball, that's when you usually turn it over. So I think one, they definitely got to run the ball better in the red zone. It was good for Breech Hall to get in the end zone last week in the red zone. Whether Philadelphia let him in or not, we don't know. The way I look at it altimy two and the way it was blocked up, that safety wanted no smoke with him anyway, so I think he was gonna score with that anyway. But they got to be consistent in running the ball in the red zone to make it a lot easier for Zach Wilson down in the red zone because he did a massive job rusus cheese. But since then, the Jests have really struggled in the red zone.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you look on that playout, I chuckled a little bit because he showed his arm talent, but Rutger was wide open on the double post because the backside safety didn't come over. So Rutgers that doesn't have anybody five you're talking about, Yeah, the Lazarre touch out. But to follow your point, I think we should get more Rutger in there too, because he's the best. All the big runs come off of him. But you know, just because he doesn't have the resume of a great pass catcher, because he played on a college team that had a live Garrett Wilson, Marvin, You're like, like, of course he blocked, Yeah, of course he blocked. Like we don't want we don't want your fifteen when we can get they sixty. Right, But like he he he's a complete tight end, and I think it's time to unleash him as well and start giving him opportunities and maybe some of the c j ozomatop itself because he has a little bit more speed and I think he's, you know, just as big, he's a little bit bigger. I think he has great catch rsers as well.
Speaker 3: It's time, you know, right now. Yeah, yeah, it's a bet. It's a bet.
Speaker 5: It's time to start unleashing some of the young guys right in the second half, like and to do that, you got to find space for guys. And you know, sometimes people like, oh, well, you know, you want to play the young guys when people get hurt or the season's over with, now it's time. Also you can play the young guys when they've proven that they're ready to take the next step because they have live legs, right, they don't know what they don't know, and they bring some electricity to that side of the ball, to creativity. Y'all want to I really want to see Izzy man because I think if you get him on these zone stretch runs, you get him to the second level, like when they sent Exavier Gibson emotion which set the which you know, we broke you down the other the other week, you know, with you know, we saw what that did.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine Izzy being there? Yeah, that's the same thing.
Speaker 5: Breest can't run them all, So, like I said, they're gonna have to have some tough decisions. But the season takes his own personality and the season's taking a personality. Hey, we need some more electricity. We have more speed in the garage. We got to pull it out.
Speaker 6: Jets fans, We're in our final push and the clock is ticking. Wind Bet is giving you a golden opportunity to win VIP prizes for the twenty twenty three season.
Speaker 2: The win Bet Green.
Speaker 6: Room is the most exclusive space at the stadium with all inclusive food and beverage, lower level seats, and appearances by Jets legends and celebrities. New Jersey customers, all you need to do is wager at least one hundred dollars on win BET's sports book or casino. For New York customers, all you need to do is wager at least one hundred dollars. And when that's the sports buff the best part you get an entry for every one hundred dollars you wager.
Speaker 1: Speaking of speed, what do you guys think about the defense and how fast it plays? And with Quincy Williams development, because he's one of the fastest players in the National Football League at his position, he probably the fastest linebacker in the league.
Speaker 5: Was one thing to play fast. To be fast is nothing to play fast and to play fast, you got to be free mentally, right. So also, you know what I see is I see him communicating. I see you know, I broke down to play maybe a couple of weeks ago when they had to five they had to pass five routes and they passed them all perfectly against Kansas City and Mahomes had to hold on to the ball. That's that's not about speed, that's about mental speed. And that's where he was lacking the development. And now you know he's able to have pre snap communication and post snap communication, and he's starting to understand. How many times did we see New England try high low them, right? They tried it when they had to have it, they decided to pick on him, and he chose right right. He passed route to CJ and came underneath on the drive route and was able. He didn't take the banana and the tailpipe. You know, we singletary just called the I pop, right though, don't don't go lick the ick pop because it's something in front of you, something behind you. But he understood how to pass it. And that just comes with maturity. And I think the fact, you know, the Jets right now are to be feeled very fortunate that they paid him early and not late because they got him tied up, because that'd be a hell of a negotiation if they signed him to a one year deal, because at this point a lot of guys will be trying to buy for him to be that guy that guy. And I think the fact that they let Kawan Alexander go let him feel free that he's not gonna be a situational guy first and second down guy. He's going to be out there the whole time because the speed dictates that he should be out there.
Speaker 1: Dude, Jets started seven and four last year, weren't able to finish Sala at the end of the year, put in everybody's lockers t shirts that said finish now. Post by you got eleven games left, so a ton of season left. But when you look at the AFC now and you watch the Jets in their body of work, whether Rogers comes back or not is one thing. But this team still I think is one of the top seven teams in AFC, whether it's Zach Wilson a quarterback or Rogers a quarterback.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you look at what Joe Douglas has done to really put in the best roster possible to have success and bar we talked about this earlier. To depth, I don't think people understand how big depth can take you in a season, right, you got to have great depth. I think we've seen teams that have got hitten by it. I think Miami Dolphins are one team right now. They have a four by one hundred meter relay team on offense, but on defense, we've seen them struggle at times because of lack of debt. Right, They've lost some key players on the defensive side of the ball. So I think Joe Douglas has done a really good job. You know, you can't account for losing a Hall of Fame quarterback, right, But what you can do is once you bring the Hall of Fame quarterback in, you can use him to help get guys behind him ready. And that's what we've seen. We've seen the dividends pay because of Aaron Rodgers helping Zach Wilson. I think him being back in the building has been a masterful thing for Zack Wilson and his development. As soon as Aaron Rodgers came back, Zach Wilson took a major step in this offense. So I think Joe Douglas has done a really good job. We talked about the defense being a top ten defense, and you talked about Quincy Williams and I just want to talk about him a little bit more. I mean, I think the thing that really has separated him this year, Bart, you talked about it was his mental jump this year and understanding the playbook and understanding the scheme, but also his past coverage. You talked about it last year when Kwan Alexander was there. Kwan was coming in on third down. Right now, Quincy might be the best coverage linebacker in football. And I don't say that lightning because Fred Warner is a beast. But you've talked about it. I think teams saw film last year, Bart and you talked about how they tried to high low him, try to give him Rubb routes, and he's stepped for step with guys. He's a step ahead. And you know, with his speed, that's great because with the speed he has, if he could mentally jump ahead of the play, he can make plays on the ball like that Will Rout versus Kansas City versus Noah Gray before that would have been a big completion. But he literally was forty yards down the field on that guy bark and a great PBu to get the Jets off the field. Like that's where he's taking his game to the next level. We always talk about development, right and we talk about depth second year players. I think this is one of the best Jets draft classes in history. And that was before Jermaine Johnson took this step that I told everybody he was gonna take this year. Like he's playing out of his mind right now. And I know a lot of people were questioning the way Carl Lawston played last year with seven sacks coming off from Achilles. Where was Jermaine go fit in? Well, he decided that he's going to be one of the main guys on defensive line. And again he was responsible for two major turnovers last in this last game versus the Philadelphiagle. So he talked about Breest Hall, talk about Garrett Wilson him now right, you talk about yeah exactly. So you talk about having a great class, and then you talked about a guy Jeremy Rutger. I think he's gonna be great down at the stretch. I think he's gonna be the future at the tight end possession. He was in that draft class too.
Speaker 2: So Dallas Max Mitchell, he's starting for your Rights Act.
Speaker 5: He reminds me of Dallas Goddard. Yeah, that's that's exactly who Rucker reminds me of.
Speaker 4: He does, he does.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 4: I mean, you talk about having a special draft class last year, you talk about the depth, you talk about a championship type defense and the zacht building confidence weekend and week out. Definitely. Yeah, I think this is a top sevent team and we know this Bart at the end of the day. Anybody can win and lose on any day, but as long as you got a championship defense, you have a chance.
Speaker 1: I love the way the schedule sets up for the Jets. But briefly, was this the most impressive win in the Robert solid era?
Speaker 3: This is his third year here, man, this is tough.
Speaker 5: I mean, going into Pittsburgh last year, you know, I know what that environment is all about. Green Bay to rock in Green Bay against Aaron Rodgers. True, you know, this one was probably the best because of everybody being injured, You're only having four corners even up, and the fact that you lose, you know, you already lose.
Speaker 3: You know, a v T.
Speaker 5: A v T was there for the other ones and then you know, the bottom fell out. So I would probably put it up there because they they faced something that they didn't face with the other opponents, and that's the most physical football team, one of the most physical football teams in football. I mean, you have to say top three, you know, top four physical teams, San Francisco, you have to go Philadelphia. You know, you can make the case that you know went healthy Cleveland because their defensive offense lines are crazy. And then you know, you can put the Jets in the Detroit because of their offensive lines, defense lines Baltimore and then you know, so they faced they faced one of those squads and that's that's that that that acts that forces you to answer different things as a man, not just as a football player, because you got to continue to take that and say, it's gonna be one of those days where I know what Monday is going to be like in tudays. It's a lot of guys that hopefully are going to these oceans to sit in that saltwater, get that get that pain.
Speaker 1: Listen, Lane Johnson went out early in that game.
Speaker 5: Big it was, and the Jets took it because all those Jets Jermaine Johnson.
Speaker 3: I don't know what Lane Johnson, but the Jets have too.
Speaker 2: But the Jets took advantage of it.
Speaker 1: But I thought that was the interesting matchup because you know, the Jets defensive line could bully people. Now they're gonna face one of the top offensive lines, if not the top offensive line in football, and they got after them dudes after the.
Speaker 3: Eagles, Kelsey didn't do Kelsey stuff, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, if you look at it, that's a measuring stake, Bart, Right, we always prided ourselves whenever we're facing a top offensive line, we're tired of hearing about them every week. Like, let's let's go show everybody why they should be talking about us and not them. And I think that's what the Jets d line did. And to your point, Bart, that was a major laws losing Johnson. He's not just the best right tackle in football, he's probably a top three tackle period in football. So when you lose a guy like that who's been a mainstay for a guy like Jalen Hurts, you know, you get that extra tick when you know you got Lane Johnson out there, so you know Jayalen Hurst could be you know, taking time with the football. Well, when you put the backup in, it was literally like blood in the water. I think you heard Jermaine Johnson talk about it, right. He kind of even mentioned Markshawn Lynch after the game, saying, you know, when I saw the look in his eyes, I know he didn't want to smoke. He said, I'm gonna go through his face and see how many times he can take it. Is he gonna be willing to do it play after play because I saw the looking at his high So I'm gonna take take straight speed to power to him every play, and you saw it kind of wore him down. And then you get the switch up with Bryce Off beating you with speed on the edge. So I think the Jets did a great job of mixing it up, not just putting Huff on that side, letting Jermaine go at him too, giving him two different looks, right, and he really struggled for the Philadelphia Eagles to back up right tackle and that's what you should do. I mean the Eagles did it. They knew we had some injuries at corner, so they threw the ball out to a j Brown. That's what good teams too. You take advantage of players when you when you can in that situation.
Speaker 3: And guard too. CON's like, oh, I'm just bull rushing.
Speaker 4: Yeah literally, oh yeah, poor poor west Man. But my guy west was struggling in there a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of that, man, it feels like the ja vu all over again up front along the offensive line. And you guys talk about injuries happened throughout the National Football League and go up and down every roster, but the Jets continue to shuffle up front along that offensive line.
Speaker 5: Bart, Yeah, and it's particularly the right side that's that's been struggling, you know what I mean, The right side has been getting the brunt of the injuries. But hopefully after this by Dwayne Brown can come off I R and he's gonna have to, you know, get in where you fit in right and sometimes when you when when you get hurt, it opens up opportunities. I think Beckton deserves to stay there. He's gonna have to come back for much needed depth. I mean, he should be a guy that's played at a long enough time where he can play guard or right tackle whatever they need.
Speaker 3: And that's really what this team should all be about.
Speaker 7: But you want definitely stay left at I don't want him go over there and have to learn relearn footwork on the other side and learn the place when he's starting to get some chemistry with Thomlinson, because that's important, right you those three are the three that's been playing with each other, hasn't moved, so they have chemistry and they've they've seen stunts, they've passed stunt you back then pass a great stunt last yesterday, right, So why you want him go over there and then have to communicate with somebody he hasn't worked with.
Speaker 3: Let's let's let's keep something consistent, right.
Speaker 1: Uh, pregame, What did you guys make Aaron Rodgers out there on the field, no crutches, throwing the ball round.
Speaker 4: I mean he got some good meds.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, you know the fact that, like we said, maybe maybe a v T goes there too, and he can they can rehab together and he can feel comfortable with you know, because the depression of trying to rehab and Aaron, you know, let's see if he can continue to defy the odds, right, and you know, I think his presence in flying back, you know, boost everybody up. And Salad said, hey, if he wants to down the sideline, he's Aaron Rodgers. He can make that decision, and he's made that decision. Whatever he's doing is working. Unlet's see if he can progress. And you know, all I worry about is a teammate is let's make sure we're doing our jobs. So if he is ready to come back, he's coming back for a reason.
Speaker 2: Three and three.
Speaker 1: Heading into buy, a lot of people said before the year, even with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback, the Jets might struggle to get to this point where they're three and three. Some people looked at it before the year said two and four. We got to get out of here. But dudes, what do you think about the way the schedule sets up?
Speaker 2: Giants? That's a game.
Speaker 1: Chargers Monday Night at Vegas.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. I mean it sets up nice, but bar we know this, anybody can be beat. Looking at us, we saw two undefeated teams go down Sunday. The Giants were one bad call away from making the Bills three and three. So literally, you have to strap it up every single Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Saturday, whatever day of the week you're playing, because you never know what could happen. We saw that the Texans go out there and beat the Saints. Right, So, like every day, you need to strap it up and be ready. There's no gimmes on the schedule. Now from a totality standpoint, does the schedule look a lot lighter than it did for the first six games? Yeah, from the outside land outside looking in, it does. But we talked about this. Injuries is the real thing. The Giants would probably be as healthy as they'll ever be before they played it. Yes, the charges are coming off of bye. Yeah, charges coming off of bye. We're about to see what happens with them versus the Cowboys. So you just never know, like you got to take it one game at a time. Uh, the bye You sually hate having it this early, but I think it's right on time for the Jets because of the injuries that they have occurred at the cornerback position, at the offensive line position, and you know, Garrett Wilson was kind of banged up a little bit. So hopefully this you know, a week and a half, he'll be back to his old self after the bye week. So I think this boy comes out of a really good time after an emotional win. Right, you want everybody to sit back self, scout, get healthy, like Bart said, go sit in some salt water, get healthy and to get your mind focused for that crosstown rival against the Giants.
Speaker 1: Good job, fellas of Bart Scott.
Speaker 2: He's a man and demand.
Speaker 1: He's going live on radio. Here in a moment, Jet's head into the by three and three. Great seeing you again, dues