Speaker 1: To on the move, going deep speedways, Peace do hell. From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex, this is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield.
Speaker 2: Heasy my ad hands in the playoffs?
Speaker 1: What is up, Dolph Fans and welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show, as you can tell, we are back in full production. No more sad podcasting like the last two episodes, taking a look at the tape and the initial reaction to the game on Thursday. What we're gonna do today is tell you exactly how this team can find its way back into the postseason for the third consecutive year. And we'll go ahead and play the intro here and then I'll tell you why you should listen to that here on the other side. From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 2: This is is the Drive Time Podcast.
Speaker 1: May so I keep posting updates on social about Dolphins playoff hopes and games to look for, and of course the games this weekend went in the complete opposite direction of where they needed to go. So that was rough and just FYI recording this podcast on Monday So I do not yet know the results of the Broncos game, but I will tell you this, If the Broncos lose this game on Monday that happened yesterday, everything is like right back on the table where you needed it to be.
Speaker 2: For the most part, I'll explain that as we go along here.
Speaker 1: And first of all, like trust me, tomorrow's episode is going to be taking inventory of what happened this offseason and looking ahead to next offseason, and so we are very much on the precipice of pivoting this show to off season content here early in December. So I'm willing to flip that switch, but before it happens, I'm not gonna do that. I mean, I've been watching prospects. I have to takes for you guys on some prospects. But we are gonna keep this about the current football team and their ability to hang in this race, which they can do with wins every single week. And as I'll tell you on the show, I think every one of these games down the stretch is winnable.
Speaker 2: Will they do it? We shall see. But also when I.
Speaker 1: Put it on social media, the Dolphins need this and that, and people are like, why are you being so optimistic. Why haven't you given up yet? That's my job, dude, that's my job. Like, this is what I do. I don't you know, this is what I do. So I'm not gonna stop, you know, giving you the full information, the full The freaking title of the show or the explanation of the show is comprehensive Dolphins coverage.
Speaker 2: This is comprehensive Dolphins coverage.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna do that today, and I will cut that intro and change it if the Dolphins get disqualified from playoff contention, because I agree it would be silly to have that in there. So I'm gonna run everything as is until the Dolphins are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. Sound good, We are on the same page. Great, how is everybody's holiday weekend? It was a bit of a this is gonna be a bit of an abnormal episode today because this is usually where the All twenty two kind of has a day to breathe before we get into the Wednesday mid week transition episode. And again, gonna look at that, Gonna look at some philosophy questions I have. But with all that being said, we have five games left, so we'll go ahead and finish out the stretch and string before we do that, like with a like finality type of tone to it. I'm just doing because I have an extra day of episodes in the week this week to give you guys.
Speaker 2: So that's what you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: And let me just start right here real quick, because man, how different was this weekend in college football? Like, don't get me wrong, I think the playoff system will ultimately give us more premier matchups that see prospects playing like high pressure, must win games, which is obviously great for someone like me whose investment in the college game from a wins and losses standpoint is totally gone. I don't care who wins rivalry games. I don't care who makes them. I don't care about any of that anymore. I still care big time for prospect evaluation. But after the realignment and removing the Apple Cup from Thanksgiving weekend, which has been that way my entire life, WSU played freaking Wyoming this weekend and they lost. That reminds me of the great micd up with chad Ocho Cinco when they were playing the Ravens on like opening night in like two thousand and seven or something like that, and he tried to crack. He tried to crack back on Ray Lewis and got blown up and he goes. I tried to block Ray and I lost. It was one of my favorite soundbites of all time. So get a load of this for the coupiers. By the way, speaking of teams that collapse in December or late in the year, they started off four and oh this year or two years ago and finished five and seven. This comes off the heels. We'll start in this year eight and one and finishing eight and four. In twenty twenty two they were four and one and the one lost that year was a forty four forty one loss in Oregon when cam Ward went up and down the field and they finished that year seven and six. So they've been my teams like to collapse. Apparently that's what I have to deal with here. I guess down the stretch of these seasons, and that's the last WSU propaganda I'm gonna give you until draft season and we get into prospects there.
Speaker 2: Sound good, all right?
Speaker 1: First, I did like all of the plag plag flag planting and the ensuing brawls that came with that it's cool to see that level of juice and rivalries. And speaking of juice, I was talking to or I always talked to Oj McDuffie about this. We miss it when rivals like hated each other. That was what made part of what made sports so much fun. I guess that's the old school in US and juice a little older school than me. But you know, compared to this handshakes and jersey swaps era that I just don't really like that much. Now that said, I actually think I love the playoff format. And what's funny was I was writing this copy down and I originally put like, I don't like the playoff because Ohio State lost and there was no consequences for it. Well, yeah, but it also gives teams on the outside looking in an actual shot, like Texas A and M. Had they beaten Texas in that ugly ass football game, they would have vaulted into the Big twelve championship game and then one win away from the automatic bid. So the argument that every game is a playoff game throughout the course of the sea it does diminish that idea, but I love that it creates the opportunity for the Cinderella and makes more games late in the year have bigger implications, which is what you look for around holiday season, right Like, I was really into that A and m Texas game on Saturday that I otherwise would have waited for the tape to come out, you know, and watched a movie on Saturday night or something with Danny McBride in it, which, by the way, I'm obsessed with Danny McBride right now. I used to think he was just Kenny Powers, like he only had his fastball, but he does everything. I watched Righteous Gemstones. I'm ripping through Vice principles right now. He is an absolute gem. Check out Danny McBride. All right, we'll get to the pro football in just one second. But man, what a what a brutal weekend that was for the Miami Dolphins. But still, despite all that, I saw people talking about like watching the games or why do you It's like because it gives you something to do. I love watching games that impact the Dolphins. I had a blast all day Sunday until the conclusion of the Chargers and the Colts and the Steelers games.
Speaker 2: But it was fun for those three hours. It was an escape from real life.
Speaker 1: But other than that, like and this is my new thing or not that new, but this is what you should do when the Dolphins disappoint you. Just go play with your kids. Just go do things that make your kids happy. For instance, like yesterday, after we put up all the all the decorations, we did the driving on the neighborhoods and looked at Christmas lights. All that stuff is so elite, which for me, I used to be such a scrooge because in my mid twenties, my mom had recently passed away, my dad hasn't been in my life for a long time, and then my immediate family, I just don't think very highly of them, and so I shouldn't say my immediate like my aunts and uncles and cousins.
Speaker 2: And stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So I was kind of a scrooge because everyone's all happy on this holiday and I'm just a miserable, family less, you know, mid twenties person that wants to go get drunk at the bar. But now it's my favorite time of year because I just lean into my family that I've created for myself, and that coincides with the football schedule really ramping up, and it makes me absolutely love this time of year, with all the glitz and glamour of the holiday season. I talk all the time about that Cowboys game last year, getting that win, celebrating with OJ and Seth and the postgame show, you know, having some adult fun if you will. And then like going back home at like nine o'clock at night and seeing my Christmas tree all lit up and my wife had like the fake fireplace YouTube channel on the TV. I was like so happy in that moment, knowing that I was about to give my daughter her elsa bike and she was gonna be so pumped up, Like you cannot beat this time of year when you factor in football and watching the football games that impact the Dolphins, to me, makes it even more fun than it already was again until about four fifteen in the East. And what I did after that was I found some extra lights in our Christmas like packaging stuff, and I decided to string up lights around my daughter's room and she loves it.
Speaker 2: So just find something that brings.
Speaker 1: Your kid's joy or your wife joy, or whoever is important to you. Find a way to do something that brings them joy. And I promise she'll forget about the Dolphins for just a little bit, all right. Also, I used to think October was the best month on the calendar. But it's December, isn't it. Especially when you live in South Florida, December is the best month either way. September through December are one through four in the power rankings. Though, you know, I will say I was telling my wife this. Since I got to South Florida in twenty twenty, the Dolphins have only played one game where the playoffs were out of reach, and that was the twenty twenty one finale against the Patriots. After that, tough Titans lost that year, the one game that like quote unquote didn't matter, right, it didn't matter for playoff implications.
Speaker 2: And I said this would happened.
Speaker 1: I said, we lose the Packers, and I'd still think we can win the rest of the games down the stretch. But you just kind of get the sense and some sense, for lack of their term, that maybe it's just not our year. I mean, we lost our quarterback for you know, three incredibly winnable games that we lost, and we had the Cardinals and the Bills games, which if Seler plays in those games, doesn't get poked in the eye at practice. Maybe you win those games, like it just kind of feels like one of those years where the Chargers can you know, the Falcons throw four picks and miss a short field goal and have a layup touchdown go off the board and they still only win by four points. Like it just kind of feels like one of those years that Colts game, for instance, like the Patriots literally had a touchdown in Hunter Henry's hands, he bobbled it and it goes into an interception and they missed a thirty yard field goal like a pull a full on snaphook job when they lost the game by one point.
Speaker 2: So it feels like one of those years.
Speaker 1: And with all that said, I'm going to tell you how it's still possible to make a run despite a nice little weekend recharge and getting up for the stretch run. The playoffs start this Sunday at hard Rock Stadium. You have to beat the Jets, then we have to beat the Texans, and if you can do that, I think you're in store for a fun finish to the season where you're probably gonna have to run the table. I think nine to eight possibilities were kind of signed off with the results that happened on Sunday. But if you can get yourself into that Niners game, man, then you can. Like it puts you right back in the situation where you were before this Packers game, Like you have another huge game that you have to go in and see if you can do it.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and take a break right there.
Speaker 1: We'll come back and talk about all the possibilities, all the scenarios. Short episode today that's next to Draft Time Podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. As I was firing up this second segment of the Tuesday, December, the third edition of the Draft Time Podcast, I was on Blue Sky and I saw Seth Walder from ESPN tweeted that the odds are the seventh seed in the AFC will be a nine win team, and if the Dolphins go nine and eight, according to ESPN FPI, they have a fifty two percent chance of getting into the playoffs. And so while I think I believe the Dolphins have to run the table, I don't think nine and eight's gonna get in anymore. I thought it could have before Sunday's results, but I think some of those games going the way they did will make it so the Dolphins have to win ten games, and we are recording this ahead of the Broncos game, which after looking at all this stuff, if the Broncos lost that game, and maybe you're listening to this podcast, they did lose the game, Travis, it's really good news. Then I think everything is fine in terms of if you can go four and one or especially five. But after losing to the Packers, we went over in terms of getting help. Even if the Broncos, you know, if they lose on Monday night, the weekend wasn't so bad. But if they win, if they won the game, I think a lot of the nine and eight pathways have been removed. So we start here. Can the Dolphins run the table. That's the most important question here right. Nothing from the game Thursday changed my mind about that, and I think they can and I actually think that they will now you can say, Travis, they continue to prove that they can't handle those situations, and I don't think we'll see any of those elements the rest of the way by way of a good quarterback, a team that has a super physical run game, or in any of the two potential elements games and this is a big one playing a good team because all of our cold weather games are against the Chiefs, the Bills, and the Packers, like three really good football teams, and that's not an excuse. You have to show up in those games, and they haven't for the most part. But it is what it is. I think we wipe the floor with the Jets twice, regardless of the elements in that Week eighteen game. They they lined up one play with their full defense and a punt return of the game on Sunday. They're not well coached, they're not disciplined. Speaking of discipline, they extended the Seahawks game winning drive with two penalties on fourth downs.
Speaker 2: How do you do that?
Speaker 1: Rodgers missed a wide open touchdown pass and then threw a pick six on the next play to Leonard Williams, who ran it back ninety two yards and he weighs like three hundred and ten pounds.
Speaker 2: Go figure.
Speaker 1: They got a kickoff return touchdown, and they recovered a Seahawks kickoff fumble in plus territory, and they still lost the game to a coming East ten o'clock body clock game For a team that had just won two divisional games, the Seahawks just beat the Niners and Rams like this was their chance to pick them off, and they still couldn't freaking do it.
Speaker 2: They're terrible.
Speaker 1: Miami's gonna roll them both this weekend and next weekend. Spoiler for the preview podcast. Then the Texans are not a good football team. And here's the biggest kicker right now, Cej Stroud, who's not playing good ball. And I'm a you guys know, I'm a huge, huge c J Stroud fan. I did a whole piece of content before he got drafted saying that Stroud and two was passing strengths or what plays in the league, and I feel really good about that take. But right now he's not playing at that level. He's missing throws, he's not trusting his offensive line, nor should he. And the best part about it is the teams that give us the most fits defensively are the ones whose quarterbacks can move off the spot and throw off the spot, and he's got a little bit of that in his game, but he is mostly a pocket spot thrower. We seem that we can disrupt those teams, especially teams that struggle to run the football and block the interior, which is their biggest weakness on their entire offense is the interior offensive line, and we have Seeler and Campbell, who are our two best defenders outside of Jalen Ramsey. In my opinion, I think we can beat them. I won't say that we will, but I would be shocked if that game was anything more than a three point spread in the Texans favor, meaning it's basically a toss up because you get three points for being the home team when it comes to spreads in football lines money lines.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think you can.
Speaker 1: I think the Jets game is at home as a to me, it's like a guarantee. It's like playing the Patriots and the Raiders, and then if you can beat the Texans, that brings you to this critical game against the Niners where you're seven and seven and you're looking at that point I think like, okay, if we can just get this one, we have two road games against bad teams that if we can run the table, we'll make it in and the Niners, and I really want you to pay attention to them in these next two games, because first of all, you saw the game on Sunday night, when Christian McCaffrey's not playing. Everything is different about that offense even when he was going and he wasn't one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: There's a reason this team is struggling this year.
Speaker 1: They're not just gonna magically find it in the game against us, even though it does kind of seem like that's what happens to the Dolphins more often than not. We are a freaking, you know, a curse team, right to questa tribe curse is very real, I feel like. I mean, but if the Bears can find a way to beat them on Sunday and don't sleep on the interim head coach bump with Thomas Brown this weekend, then they play the Rams on a short week. Even if if they drop both of those games and they're sitting there at five and nine, perhaps they shut down Fred Warner who's got a fracture in his foot. Perhaps Rock Purty decides to rest that shoulder. Maybe a banged up Kittle or Trent Williams or Nick Bosa, maybe they don't play in the game. The downside is is Kyle Shanahan would rather beat Mike McDaniel than win a Super Bowl. Probably not really, but it's a lot closer than you might think that the former coaches off that Washington football team tree. They love beating each other more than anything else in the world. It's why Matt Lafleuri tried to run the score up. To be quite honest with you guys, they'd like to rub it into each other's faces. After the Cardinals and Bill's losses, I just keep kept saying, you know, beat the Rams so that we can wipe the floor with the Raiders and Patriots. Get us to five and six for Thanksgiving, and then we'll see. Well, my new focus is win these next two games and let the Niners come down here on Christmas Week and play for our lives. Knowing we have two bad teams on the other side, that should be plenty for you guys to get excited about the Dolphins in that situation, they have.
Speaker 2: To get there.
Speaker 1: But if they're there, just give them the benefit of the doubt that this has been a rough year and with three games to play, they still have everything ahead of them to make to accomplish. And speaking of bad teams, we cover the Jets. I think the Browns might be the one team that I worry about the most in these final five games. Like you might call me crazy, but it's because they have things. I think we've shown true weaknesses in a power running game in what's going to be a cold weather game. A quarterback that will play yolo ball, and if he's not going to throw four picks, then Jamis Winston probably plays pretty well. So hopefully we just get old four picks Winston out there and he makes the game walk in the park.
Speaker 2: That's a very possible reality in that game.
Speaker 1: Like if you're seven, if you're eight and seven after the Niners game and you go into that Browns game, you feel like you're gonna win, right, and that's the path to ten and seven. Beat a terrible Jets team. Hope the Texans are still struggling, beat a Niners team that maybe shuts some teams down, and then go take care of business on the road against two bad teams. I think a few things here. The Chargers win over the Falcons. I still cannot believe they survived that game, Like, how the hell do the Falcons lose that game? And how do you not replace Kirk Cousins when he clearly cannot do it on.
Speaker 2: That particular day.
Speaker 1: That was big for that, you know, for them in terms of not having a just slide they're eight and four. If they finished two and three and we go five and zero, we would have the tiebreaker over the Chargers, So there's still some life there. We'll talk about their schedule in a second. The Colts win was probably the one that hurt the most because their schedule down the stretch is super favorable, and they're the one team that has a tiebreaker on us because the head to head victory, which we have the conference tie breaker on everybody else because our assumed position is winning all these games, and we'd have a superior conference record to everybody else in the league because of that. Now, even though they play the Titans, Giants, Jaguars, and Broncos, you probably thought they wouldn't lose the Patriots, but they had to have an eighty five yard drive at the end of the game to beat them, and that's what the Patriots gifting them a turnover after it was basically going to be a touchow on to Hunter henry And at the one yard line, and they missed a thirty yard field goal, and they still lost by one freaking point. The Steelers did a great job of preventing the start of a slide. I thought it was going to happen against the Bengals. It did not, even though their schedule is brutal. I think they're going to have enough to get to enough wins to get over the Dolphins. But I can still see him finishing one and four. And the Broncos have a tough schedule. But just like the other three teams, you're hoping to steal one and I don't. Again, we don't know what happened to the game on Monday. If the Bronco was lost, it's all back on again. That's kind of how I feel about it. But the Chargers, Steelers, and Colts were supposed to win their games, so dropping one would have felt like a total win for the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: Let's do this. Let's take our last break rate there.
Speaker 1: Let's come back on the other side and tell you what has to happen for the Dolphins at ten and seven and at nine and eight, and how the Dolphins can make this surge and get into the playoffs. But of course it all starts with finishing the year five and zero, maybe maybe four and one. That's next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by AutoNation. We've told you the teams. We're gonna talk about their strengths and weaknesses and their schedules. But here is the nitty gritty math. The Steve Kornaki, the Democrats are coming in at forty percent over here in the East. I'm gonna break it all down for what has to happen for the Miami Dolphins. So at ten and seven, here is what you need. A combination of two combination of two of the following things have to happen. If you're ten and seven, the Colts lose one more game, the Broncos lose two more games, or one if they lost last night. That's not far fetch at all. In fact, to me, that's probable that's going to happen. We'll get into the remains schedules here in just one second. That's the easiest route. If you don't get that, you need one of those or two of these to happen. One of those and one of these, or a combination of two of these things has to happen. And this includes the Colts and Broncos. The Ravens would have to go two and two over their final four. This is where the dolphins losses against the NFC helped them provided that we went out, because we would have the conference tiebreaker on literally everybody. We have the same number of conference losses or less than everybody we're chasing, sands the Chargers, and if you think they're in play for a two and three finish, which is not impossible, they would lose more conference games, which would put us over the top of them as well. So I just think the Ravens, though, are too good to have this happen, to be totally honest with you, but they have to go two and two.
Speaker 2: If Miami goes.
Speaker 1: Five and oh, they have but bye this week, So the Chargers same exact thing. Two and three finish would give us the tiebreaker. If we go five and oh, and the Steelers have to go one and four, that would give them the conference losses to give us the tiebreakers. So you need two of these things at ten and seven. Colts lose one more game, Broncos lose one or two depending on Monday Night football. The Ravens have to go have to lose two of their final four, the Chargers have to lose three of their final five, or the Steelers have to lose four of.
Speaker 2: Their final five.
Speaker 1: Like I'm certain that one of those will happen because the Colts and Broncos play each other. I'm I'm actually certain two of those will happen. So that's why I think at ten and seven you're going to get in. There's still a Texans lose the AFC South Path here, but I just don't think it's even worth entertaining.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If we go nine and eight, it will most likely have to be a loss to the Niners. So you have to like pick out your loss in a certain spot because of the preserving of the conference record. So the Texans game is kind of like the one that you cannot affoord. It's like a playoff game and basically right and that's a decent football team too, So it's not gonna be easy, but that's where we're at. But if you get to nine and eight and you do lose that game to the Niners and you have all the tie breakers, there's still there's still some hope there. You would need this the Broncos to finish one and three down the stretch, or two and two if they lose on Monday, so that with the Colts finishing two and two, the Chargers would have to It's two of these things a combination of two of these things Broncos one and three or two and two, Colts two and two, Chargers one and three, Ravens one and three, Steelers zero to four. That's a lot of decent football teams losing more games than they win.
Speaker 2: So that's why it's so tough.
Speaker 1: And we'll go ahead and talk about each of these teams and what they're looking at going forward. Let's start with the Denver Broncos, who have a bye week this week after the Browns game. Gosh, I hope they lost that game. That makes this podcast so much more fun today. They have the bye week in week fourteen. Then they're home for the Colts, they're at the Chargers, they're at the Bengals, they're home for the Chiefs. To me, there's at least three losses in there. And you guys know how I feel about football, Like, if you don't have a top line offense, if you don't have a top line quarterback, I just don't think you can beat the teams that do. For the most part, Like there's things that can happen. It happens, obviously, but it's I wouldn't bank on it. I wouldn't count on that. So to me, that's why losing that Browns game would be big, because there's there's just no chance they run the Scotland without a couple of losses. But if they lose the Browns game, we can then hope the Colts can beat the Bronco or the Broncos can beat the Colts to get their loss out of the way. But going back to that Week three game against the Jets or maybe it's Week four, like there was bad elements in that game and they literally couldn't throw a forward pass and they're gonna play the game on Monday is against the Browns and a like thirty three degree temperatures. The game against the Colts is going to be a night game in Denver. It's going to be cold. Then they have a game in Cincinnati in December and a game at home against the Chiefs in January. I just think that that team can't won't be able to compete because their quarterback can't play in those conditions, and like unless the Chiefs wrest their starters, I think they're gonna lose those last three games. First, sure, they don't have a great run game. They're kind of relying on these jump balls that he throws for Courtland Sutton. The defense is good, but I think they can be gotten by a good offense. So to me, the Broncos are right for the picking. Even if they won the game on Monday. The Colts, all of a sudden, are kind of the throw on your side. If they just had lost that damn Patriots game, they could be completely irrelevant here.
Speaker 2: But they have a bye next week.
Speaker 1: Then they play at the Broncos, and I think you might root for the Broncos in that game, depending on how this goes. But at the Broncos and they play the Titans at home, they play at the Giants, and then they play the Jags at home, and hopefully Trevor Lawrence can can finish the year despite that crazy, horrible concussion.
Speaker 2: But that damn Pat's game.
Speaker 1: But I think about it this way, There is no way the Colts are gonna win five games in a row. They're just not good enough to do that. I don't care who they play, and I keep seeing like the Colts are gonna win out.
Speaker 2: You have no chance.
Speaker 1: Come on, dude, like you've watched football long enough to know that's not how this works. They like you can say that about the Chiefs or the Ravens or the Bills. Like there's certain teams you can say that about. The Colts are not one of those teams. Did you watch the game? Did you watch the Patriots game? How about Week eighteen last year when everyone's like, Oh, the Jags are gonna be the Titans, and that's gonna give us a chance to not play the Bills in the playoffs. If we beat the Bills in Week eighteen, and sure enough, the Titans beat the crap out of the Jaguars. It happens every single year, and I bet they're gonna have one of those losses the Colts I will I would, Well, I can't bet money because of my job, but if I could, I would wager against them in either the Titans or the Jags game. My pick is the Titans game right now, but they're gonna lose one of those divisional games. If they had just lost that damn Patriots game, we could pull for them against the Broncos. Now they might have to beat the Broncos. We'll see what happens. But they also can't stop the run. Their quarterback is wildly inconsistent. I don't think they're a good football team. We are a better team. Just have to prove it down the stretch and then the Chargers and so those it's basically Denver and Indy. Just have them fall apart and you'll get in. That's basically how it works, and I like the chances of that happening. The Chargers are at the Chiefs next week, home for the Broncos or rather sorry home for the Bucks, home for the Broncos, and then at the Patriots at the Raiders. That's why their game yesterday would have been a huge loss for them, because I think I think you can argue they're gonna lose the Chiefs and maybe to the Bucks or Broncos, and they could have been right back in position with the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: But I think they're the type of team.
Speaker 1: You know, despite justin Herbert's second half master classes where he throws for like thirty yards and every single second half he plays in yeah, never mind, they don't play on time ran rhythm because he doesn't see it. Their receivers are not very good. I feel like losing JK. Dobbins was more important losing the quarterback for them, and I don't think that defense matters against the top offense like well, questionably Kansas City, but their schedule is pretty easy, and those teams that they can beat, they'll probably beat them because that's what they do. They beat the Bucks, the Raiders, and the Patriots. They'll be fine. I still think Baltimore is too good. They'll get that Giants game after the bye and find a win over those final three games to get to ten a win, so I just don't think nine and eight is possible to overtake them. The thing you can never ever say it's over with, though, is like, why are we in the spot because we lost our quarterback for three very winnable games. It's gonna happen to somebody here soon, right says it A will like what happened to Trevor Lawrence for instance. Hopefully not that ugly, but someone's gonna lose their quarterback. What if it happens to be the Ravens in the first quarter of their next game, they could easily lose out. That's why I say, like, don't It's not like you can't just write guarantees down. This stuff changes every single week. But the Ravens are such a good team. I think they'll be fine. Provide their quarterbacks stay it's healthy, they go bye week, at the Giants, at the Steelers, at the Texans home for the Browns, and then Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: I just don't buy it.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm a hater, And actually, the more I think about it, the reason I was such a hater before was because Kenny Pickett was awful and the late career Ben Roethlisberger was awful. Russell Wilson's playing good football, So maybe I have to finally give it up for the Steelers. But the schedule of Browns at the Eagles, Ravens, Chiefs, and Bengals, that is no walk in the park. And had they lost the game yesterday, I think they were in play for a collapse. But I think they'll be fine to get in the playoffs. But that's kind of what you're looking at. So to me to put this all together in under thirty minutes here, if you go ten and seven, you're probably in. If you go nine and eight, it's probably a coin flip.
Speaker 2: Sound good? All right? Tomorrow? A look back at the off season.
Speaker 1: That was a look ahead at how I feel about some philosophy of changes and approaches could be altered for the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: We'll do that.
Speaker 1: Then we'll have the preview on Thursday, taking a look at the Jets and Dolphins game.
Speaker 2: We'll have Kyle on Friday.
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna have one of the Jets team writers on the show as well. Dolphins HQ coming this your way this week as well, So keep it all locked right here for your content. In the meantime, you all please be sure to subscribe, rate and review the show. Follow me on social at Wingfold NFL. Follow the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the fish Tank podcast with my guys Seth and Juice. Check out the YouTube channel for media availabilities, and Dolphins HQ. Last, but not least, Miami Dolphins dot com. Until next time, Fins Up, Caroline, Cameron, Daddy come Home.