Speaker 1: What's that bad? It's spooky. Hey, Joky, I'm really sure said he's coming to this way. Wait a minute, Hey, I ghosted I Nandez plice. Hey boo, it's me Ros. Welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the para normal. I've got Nori Reid on the show today, who is a hilarious comedian and writer and dear friend of mine. But before we get to that, I got a story in my email from Katie, and this one is a little different than what we're used to, but let me tell you right now, it's terrifying. Katie writes, Hi Raz from Melbourne, Australia. I have a very creepy experience that happened to me that still affects me even today. So I grew up in this really old Queensland style house. It's a weird style I haven't really seen anywhere else. Huge place with two levels and a staircase outside at the front and the back. The kitchen, sitting room and dining is upstairs, and the bedrooms are downstairs that you have to access through a proper back door into a little foyer that leads to the bedrooms, so our back door was a little bit dodgy, and you could still easily open it with a credit card or a stick ooh, if you're me a bobby pin. It was creepy. So using the bathroom at night was also super creepy because the toilet room was off the foyer right next to that back door, and people were always leaving the door unlocked. A few times we walked in on someone ransacking a bedroom. Yeah, very dodgy area. Anyway, there was a lot of ghostly stuff in the house, and my siblings had all claimed to see different things at different times. Me I was too boring for a ghosts to bother, apparently, because I never saw anything until I did. I was about eight years old, and every night I'd find myself waking up hearing the closet door open. I'd squeeze my eyes closed as something would come out, walk around fiddling with things on my desk or shelf, and then leave the room. Sometimes I'd sneak a peek and yes, this tall, dark figure was moving around the room and then out into the foyer, and then it was gone. So one night, while my dad was tucking me in I started crying. I was over being afraid. Each and every night, I asked my dad to please search the closet. It was a huge, old fashioned but kind of cheap closet we inherited from my grandmother. He was very anti anything supernatural and refused, telling me I was being silly and how I need to think more logically and be more resilient, but I couldn't. I cried and cried, and finally he had had enough of it and went to open the closet door. The minute his hand touched the handle, he was violently thrown backwards. He fell over onto the floor, and this very real life human man came running out of the closet and out the door. Yes, he had been living in my closet. My dad surveyed the closet and he had actually broken the back of the closet and dug a hole into the wall recess where the fireplace used to be that had been taken out by the previous owner. He had made a bed in there and everything. So not really a supernatural story, sorry, but also just super creepy and something I'll never forget. I always check under beds in closets and triple check doors and windows now as an adult. Sorry for any secondhand trauma this may have caused you or your listeners, who will probably also now double check everything before bed. Lots of love and keep it spooky, Katie. Katie, thanks for sending that. I feel like this is an important one to talk about on a show like this because I just want everyone to know, yes, we want to believe that it's a ghost in our closet, but it might be a man living in your closet, So don't jump to ghosts every time, because it might be something even more terrifying. So it's like when you're young, and you know, people want to be like, oh, it's just a boogeyman, like whatever, and Katie's like, no, I'm seeing somebody. I swear. That has to be very validating but not comforting. Oh very scary. Okay, let's talk to my friend Nori Read and with the show, I am joined by a dear sweetie nor Read.
Speaker 2: It sounded like you're gonna say two more things, if I can be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, sometimes you go in these podcasts and they write out a long intro to say in front of you, and that's not this one just what comes to It's just sweetie, A dear sweetie. One of the funniest bitches. I know. It's true, hilarious comedian. See, I'm not a writer. I'm not like you.
Speaker 2: You're killing it. No like that. I'm this intros. It's the best that you I've ever had, truly.
Speaker 1: Aren't you. Didn't you tell me you're nominated for an Emmy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nori, this is major Emmy nominated.
Speaker 1: Nominated writer of Raven's Home on the Disney Channel.
Speaker 2: Nori Reid, thank you. It's an honor to be nominated.
Speaker 1: It's an honor to have you. I've wanted you on this for a while. And you're busy, but we got you.
Speaker 2: But I think we're both we're both just busy, busy little bees.
Speaker 1: We are.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I wanted to talk about ghosts of you for a long time. And you're from Kentucky. Yeah, and you're from specifically Christian County.
Speaker 2: A little on the nose, A little on the nose, a little bit, yeah.
Speaker 1: Which is also where the famous Kellyville Hopkins Goblins sightings took place.
Speaker 2: Yes. But oh and it's also where Edgar Casey is from, who's like a very are you serious.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, Edgar Casey, the Sleeping Prophet yep, who is a very famous I mean wrote a billion books and psychic and prophet and you know have Comminition look him up. That's crazy. What's going on down there?
Speaker 2: You know, that's a great question because the other person who's of note, of major note is Bell Hooks. M. Bell Hooks is from Christian County, Kentucky's so wow, it produces some quirky you know, it's it's such a conservative hell hole of a place that it's interesting that it produces such eccentric I guess that's where eccentric people come from. Or it's like really like strict, very like basic place. I guess totally. I'm philosophizing. I'm like, sorry, no, I think it's true.
Speaker 1: But also, like the goblins made an appearance once, they never came back. They were like, this is not for us.
Speaker 2: It's not for us.
Speaker 1: They showed up one time and they're like, this is enough. I don't We're going to find somewhere.
Speaker 2: Else, and I don't blame them.
Speaker 1: Listeners, if you don't know what I'm talking about, listen to the last time Jess Ambrose was on the podcast We did a whole deep dive on this goblin sighting or were they aliens? I don't know, something like that. Do you believe in that kind of a thing?
Speaker 2: Aliens?
Speaker 1: All of it tell me everything that you believe in when it comes to this aliens. Could a goblin family really, you know, show up on somebody's house in Kentucky? What do you think?
Speaker 2: I do believe in aliens? It's just scientifically impossible that there wouldn't be. That's like for sure goblins. Listen, there's people that look like all sorts of stuff, and as you know, I mean, we're we're both trans like you know, people look like people can look like anything. And maybe there's some people out there that do they call themselves goblins? Maybe not? Do people look at them and go, that's a goblin? Maybe? Maybe? You know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've seen a couple of goblins as some trolls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's the new like you know they have. Obviously there's bears, and there's in the gay community, there's otters. Now there's goblins.
Speaker 1: There's goblins. Yeah. And I wonder what those poor people felt when they saw this on the news, when they were like, wait, right, what the fuck. We literally just showed up at these people's house and we wanted to say hi, and now they're like goblins.
Speaker 2: We brought them cookies. We were saying welcome, welcome to the neighborhood. Yeah, and all of a sudden were goblins.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's kind of like how on the news sometimes they'll just like show like b roll of just like random people and it'll be like, I don't know, it'll say something that's just not great. It'll be like a health crisis is going on there, and you see yourself on the news. You're like, wait, what mind you show me that has happened to you? Actually, something did happen to me?
Speaker 2: Like this, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I this has nothing to do with ghost But when the vaccine first came out, I went to, uh, I can't wait. I went to a place that had the vaccine and it was outdoors and Telemundo News was there and they weren't filming anybody. They were all white people. And then as soon as they pulled out the cameras and they started filming me as I got my shot.
Speaker 2: That's because you're a star baby.
Speaker 1: But also I had hoop earrings on and I was like really is it? Because I have hoop ear. They thought they knew I was Latina. They were like a queen, we gotta get her. Absolutely okay. Anyway, so goblins, what about ghosts? Where are you at on that? I well, here, okay, wait, vaccines.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like do I believe? I say yes to everything, and then you go, do you believe vaccine? I go no, absolutely not no. I mean with with ghosts. I keep approaching this from a scientific place for some reason.
Speaker 1: But okay, scholar, right.
Speaker 2: Ghosts, Like I go back to physics, and it's like, you know, energy can't be created or destroyed, right, And so I think about that and I go, okay, well, we have our physical body, but that's not we have like a spirit or whatever you want to call it, because our body turns to dust. But then our spirit is not just destroyed. It doesn't just distroy. I think energy continues to flow in the world. And then maybe that's.
Speaker 1: Ghosts when you talk about it that way, Yes, it seems absolutely like it has to has to go somewhere. Does it float away? Does it stick there?
Speaker 2: There's energy?
Speaker 1: Have you ever encountered a ghost?
Speaker 2: I think, so give it to me. Okay, I do think so. So I'm going to start this off by saying, my grandmother, who is Korean, was a kind of medium back in Korea. So my mom would tell me these stories of how like when she was growing up, people in the community would come to my grandmother to see their loved ones who had departed stop. Yes, yes, And so I grew up knowing that, and I always felt a little witchy. And then I met this Korean shaman later in life, and those are called moudong, like Mudong, that's Korean shaman. And they're non binary by the way. Their their gender transcends kind of our understanding of gender, so they're like gender queer or something like that. M h. And she told me that when a generation after the person who's gifted rejects it, it like doubles it for the next person. And my mom hated that my grandmother was a medium, and it like made her become a Christian because she was so like terrified by all of that stuff. She like completely denied it. And so now I'm transgender.
Speaker 1: And now you're a super medium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she made me a moodong kind of a little bit. Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, so tell me about you being a medium.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the story I was going to tell, and I just wanted to give some background to that. Yeah, the story I was gonna tell is when I was like like four, maybe four five, I was still scared of the dark, and probably because who knows what I was seeing in the dark, but I was scared. I was scared of the dark. So I was scared to go to the bathroom by myself. Still am right, Still.
Speaker 1: I literally am scared of the dark and going to the bathroom by myself at night. Yeah, well, I mean I don't want to go with somebody, but like I'm like scared.
Speaker 2: So I went to the bathroom by myself, and I was feeling very scared, and I started kind of like talking to myself, and then I remember hearing a very distinct male voice, like a man, say, don't be afraid. And I was like what, I didn't see anything. I just heard that really distinct voice, and I ran out of the bathroom and I ran to my mom and I said, oh my god, oh my god, I heard this spirit that something, and her eyes got really big and she seemed really freaked out, and then she literally she grabbed me and she was that was Jesus. And I remember thinking you met JC. Yeah, I remember. I was like, I don't think that was Jesus. I was just like I was like, I don't know, like I could feel the con I could feel the manipulation.
Speaker 1: It might have been Jesus.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was.
Speaker 1: What if she I mean Christian County. If he's going to go anywhere, he's going to go to the place named after him. So do you feel like maybe that spirit was connected to the house or do you think it was just like a random medium visit from an ancestor.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I maybe it was Jesus. I mean, now I'm thinking about it. I'll wait a second. Maybe it was. And I don't know why I'm so I just don't want it to be Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like can I just pee, like leave me alone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's the thing too. It's like I'm a little I was a little boy peeing like what Like that's weird.
Speaker 1: And also that the opposite effect happened, which is like, don't be scared.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, yeah right, it's kind of like okay, like mm hmm, scare me more. Yeah, you know, that's a very clear memory of growing up.
Speaker 1: But I want to know about you being a medium still. I mean, it's got to be in there.
Speaker 2: Well, I've always been a little witchy. I mean, I like I do terror readings. Sometimes you do, Yeah, oh my god, I want one. And I've had dreams and sometimes I have premonitions.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is not the this is not the show where you just like kind of oh, and I have premiss and also know you what's the premanent? We got to hear?
Speaker 2: See, Well, I don't like remember specific Like sometimes I'll have a dream and then details of it will happen, and then I'll go, oh, like, that's so weird. I like, I shouldn't even be going down this path because I don't have any like hard cold facts or stories to give. I've gone to different psychics and mediums, many of them separately have told me that my grandmother is a very strong spirit in my life. And I've had multiple psychics tell me that she saved me during childbirth because my mom had a very difficult childbirth. And I didn't tell them that. I did not even say that. They could just tell they look at me, they go, your mom had a difficult childbirth. They're like, you look wide, you're big. You're a big girl. No, I'm kidding, but they didn't even know that. And they're like, yeah, your grandmother is one who saved you.
Speaker 1: So wow.
Speaker 2: It's just in me in my bones. And I joked earlier about the transgender thing, but I really do. I do believe that my gender identity is not just about gender, but it's also cultural. It's a cultural thing for me where when I learned about the Mudong addition and how they don't really ascribe to any gender, I was like, oh wow, and it helped me have some context for myself.
Speaker 1: Totally. We've talked about this before in the show. There's been so many traditions around the world, even the conversation of ghosts, for example, like pretty much every country and they're different cultures within them have something to say about it, and that to me feels very validating. But also there's so many cultures around the world that have people that are somewhere in the middle of the binary or however you want to look at it, that aren't necessarily male or female, that are viewed as people of spiritual awareness or whatever it is. And I totally think that that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I wish I had more concrete examples and stories to give up my witchiness.
Speaker 1: No, it's okay, But I want to know. Is this how you got the job writing for Raven? You said, listen, I have premonitions. Sometimes I dreamed that I would have this job.
Speaker 2: You know, what's so funny. I've never put that together ever in my life, that the one show that I've written on for two years is about a psychic. That's so funny. I didn't even Yeah, I never put that together.
Speaker 1: Do you go to psychics often?
Speaker 2: Not anymore, but I used to. Like when I first when I wanted to move to LA I was living in the Bay Area. I came down here and I went to the House of Intuition. Hell yeah, not knowing anything about it. I just saw it and I went, oh, that looks like a funny place. And so I went inside.
Speaker 1: Looks like a funny place.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's a funny looking place, house an intuition, What the fuck is that? And so I walked in, got a reading, and what's so funny is and no offense to I don't know, but like the lady was like, you're going to be pregnant, and I was like, I was like because like back in that I was more fishy, Like I feel like now like I've kind of let it all go. I'm just like a listen like you know whatever. But at that time I was kind of performing femininity a little bit more and she was like, You're gonna be pregnant and I was just like, oh my god. And I didn't even because when I get awkward, I was like thank you. I was like, yay, like thank you. So I was like thank you so much. But yeah, that kind of took me out of it.
Speaker 1: I was like, Okay, well, anything's possible.
Speaker 2: Maybe she knew I was she knew I was trans and thought that that's what I wanted, Like she thought that that's what like I needed as a trans woman, like a validation.
Speaker 1: Sometimes when I go to get like laser hair Remova or something, they'll do like a little survey at the top and they'll be like, are you pregnant? And I'm like no, Now what makes you ask that?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Okay, tell me another story.
Speaker 2: Okay. So we had family in Saint Louis, and so we would go to Saint Louis every like once a year for like some sort of holiday or birthday or something something. Sorry, this isn't my story. I'm gonna be telling you someone else's story. Is that okay?
Speaker 1: That's okay? I mean, is it the Exorcist?
Speaker 2: Is this a famous I'm so sorry this is the Exorcist?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no, this is this is her own personal story. But I I'm telling it for her, so I don't. I don't want to set it up as like you know what, I'm just gonna keep talking and then we're gonna we're gonna go.
Speaker 1: Or just pretend it's yours. We won't fact check.
Speaker 2: No, I'm no. I'm a true teller. I will not lie. That was not Jesus.
Speaker 1: I'm a comic. I tell the truth.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to Saint Louis and I stay with my cousin and his wife. I really want to say, like their race and that has nothing to do with anything. I just go. My cousin's Korean and his wife was white. I don't even know. I want that doesn't have anything to do with anything, but I wanted to say it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's your story.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of telling the story as if I've never told a story before in my life, Like I don't even know how to tell the story. So anyways, it's late at night and we're telling each other's stories and someone was like, oh, like, does anyone have any ghost stories? And she was like okay, She's like I actually do. She's like, I have one, and she said the growing up.
Speaker 1: This is the white woman. Yes, okay, I just wanted to make sure.
Speaker 2: So she was like, I was staying over at a friend's house and they lived in a house that was haunted.
Speaker 1: Was the friend white?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Well I don't know. I mean she mirrored a Korean man's maybe who knows. Okay, So she said that she was doing a sleepover at her friend's house and it was known that this house was kind of spooky because it had a history, like someone was murdered there. It was just like a weird house. Okay, you go, this is haunted mansion. And I go, okay, this.
Speaker 1: Is the conjuring too. I've heard this story.
Speaker 2: No, this is real. But basically, she was like, late at night, she's having a hard time sleeping. She was up, her friend was sleep so she like turns over in bed and then she starts feeling her friend like stroking her head, and she was like, oh okay, I can't sleep. So he a friend is just being nice and she turns around and her friend is asleep and her hair someone is holding up her own hair updo up to and it's it's not her friend, it is some sort of spirit. And so she screams and wakes up her friend and tells her what happened, and her friend's like, oh my god, Oh my god, like weird shit happens all the time in this house, Like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's where I think you play dards this story from what me. I had the exact same thing happened before.
Speaker 2: Okay, things can happen to multiple people, ros not you.
Speaker 1: You don't own I invented.
Speaker 2: This, and you're the only transcomic in La Listen.
Speaker 1: I didn't invite you here to fight. It was not plagiarism. I'm sorry I said that, but this happened to me. I've told this story before in the show Oh My God. One time, me and my friend Johnny Reinhart went to a haunted B and B and we're sleeping in a bed together and I felt somebody like touch the top of my head because I had the blankets over my head. I was so scared, and I felt somebody pull the blanket back, like they put their fingers underneath the blanket and pull it back from my head. And I thought it was Johnny and I was like, oh, I'm fine, Johnny, I like pulled the blanket off, and I look over and he's fast asleep. And the ghost did not style my hair.
Speaker 2: Okay. What I'm getting from this is that ghosts are kind of obsessed with hair.
Speaker 1: They don't understand boundaries.
Speaker 2: Because they don't have theirs.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true.
Speaker 2: They miss their hair and they see our hair is kind of ratty, it's not well kept. Sorry, I'm ra sorry. Wow, I didn't mean it like that. Wow, And they go, I want to fix that a little bit. Yeah, good intentions. And then we freak out. You know, the man that was watching me and pe like, he wasn't trying to be creepy. Jeez, No he was. Yeah, he was creepy. Probably he was a creepy ghost.
Speaker 1: Don't be scared. Before we get into our first segment, I just want to double check. Do you have any other stories you'd like to share? You've given us enough this is great.
Speaker 2: You know, I feel like I feel like if you could grade me on my ghostories, I feel I.
Speaker 1: Got to add No, they're very good. I just want to make sure so I don't miss anything.
Speaker 2: I didn't plage your eyes. I didn't plagiari anything. Raz I know the stories are true.
Speaker 1: I don't think you did. Okay, all right, it's time for our first segment today. Can I show you it haunted eBay doll? Yes, this is a segment I like to call the dolls are living. Okay, here's what I do, Nori, I go to eBay and I find alledged haunted dolls that are currently up for sale. Jieha, could you please show Nori and I who we've got here today. I'd like you to meet Olivia.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: She's gorgeous. Okay, so she's got like a Victorian dress on. She kind of looks like a fifty a seventy year old woman that has like the best face lift, like not a wrinkle.
Speaker 2: Who's her surgeon?
Speaker 1: Literally?
Speaker 2: Who is the surgeon? Because it's giving like she's got an ffs like with an inch of her life.
Speaker 1: Oh delay, it's very good.
Speaker 2: There's no man, no man in that face. It's like that nose, the lip arch.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, no, it's all good, it's very good. And she's great at blush. And then the look that she's wearing it's very Victoria. It's like when you go to a historical site and then there's like a lady in the gift shop that's like dressed like a Victorian lady. That's kind of what that is. She knows.
Speaker 2: She looks like, oh my god, the actress, the actress and gilded age, who's like the older one.
Speaker 1: Who's like mean, I'm not familiar.
Speaker 2: She's also like the good wife. And for the listeners out there, I think a lot of them won't know what I'm talking about. But she's the old, mean woman and gilded age who's like very old worlds. Oh but they're not gonna be able to see the doll.
Speaker 1: Well, you actually ken if you go to ghosted by Ras on Instagram and go to the story highlight tab that says dolls. Ooh, she has got some kind of some bobbles. Yeah, it almost looks like a key, like when like a janitor has like a key ring. She has like balls connected to chains. There's definitely like a full on link chain. On there and I don't know what she's doing with that, but she does come with a biography. So let's read here about Olivia. Who knows her worth? She is going for two hundred and twenty dollars the person who's selling Olivia rights. Welcome, May I present Olivia for your consideration. Before we even start on this spirit, I have to admit I have a hard time understanding her comments things like SNM and bondage. She has indicated that she derives pleasure with this type of sexual nature. Olivia, okay, this is Lewde. Sorry I didn't warn you about this. This is okay with your story. Yes, yes, Olivia likes both ways and sexual partners that like to explore their sexuality. I know I'm getting too old when I have to look up with the spirit is trying to impart to me. Olivia has a habit of coming into your thoughts during the day. I have to admit it can be very distracting. She only wants to pleasure you mind and body. The dreams are explicit and very naughty. She derives her pleasure from your pleasure. Olivia's background is very simple. Okay, here's sad part. She died of a disease.
Speaker 2: Okay, whatever, and now she's horny as hell.
Speaker 1: She really doesn't like to talk about herself, only what she wants to do to you. I believe that she was very sexually active during her earth life and wants to continue in her spirit life as well. Don't be surprised if you feel yourself become sexually aroused for no reason. Just know she is getting you ready for herself.
Speaker 2: Okay. I think we can assume the disease that she died from is probably a venereal disease, probably like a syphilis or.
Speaker 1: A yeah back in the day, maybe yeah.
Speaker 2: Because she's slutty.
Speaker 1: As hell, she's sex positive.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, this is a sex positive podcast. I forgot that. So this is a new type of culture to me.
Speaker 1: Oh, welcome to my culture.
Speaker 2: And something and something that I'm learning is that is haunted dolls like is it like sexual like?
Speaker 1: Is it like sometimes?
Speaker 2: So? Not all the time?
Speaker 1: Not all the time?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The thought is that a person named Olivia has died. She was freaky as hell, and somehow, some way she found herself inside of this doll and now for two hundred and twenty dollars, she's on eBay.
Speaker 2: I believe it all. I mean, because like here's the thing, Like this is a doll, but this is a doll of a grown woman. I mean dolls are usually of children.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's not like a little girl doll or a baby doll. That's a woman.
Speaker 2: This is not a little girl and it's not like a Barbie doll either, because like this is an old woman who's a doll. Yeah, and there's something very about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the keys also, because she's holding all those keys. I think she has like sex like sex dungeon where there's like lovers and cages and stuff.
Speaker 1: Totally, she's like pleasure dom Like yeah, she says, S and M and bondage are the some of the words that have come through when they've tried to communicate with her as a third generation medium. Are you picking up any of this to be true?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Thank you? Yeah. Yeah, you know. If I can put on my Moudong hat, which is a real hat, because they were really they do what they were. They wear special hats for different ceremonies.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I want you to wear one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have any. I should I should.
Speaker 1: Order one, get one.
Speaker 2: I want to say that I believe this one hundred percent. I think that there's something very believable about this. This the story, and the more that I look at Olivia his face, the more she's telling me, Yeah, this is all true. Bitch. I'm a horny ass old.
Speaker 1: Lady, and she will make you horny.
Speaker 2: Who's gonna make you horny in your dreams and in your life? Speaking of hair, I feel like that, you know, take a shot every time we say hair because this is that's the theme of today's show. Her hair is disgusting.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, she's got bangs, but then she's also got sort of like a krusty the clown kind of like on the sides. I mean it's really sticking out.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's like sex hair or something like. It's like, oh, she's banged so much that her hair's crazy as hell. But she wants you to know, and she wants you to know, but she needs a brush. She needs to have sex with a brush on her hair. That's what she needs to meet up with.
Speaker 1: Right. Here's what I relate to her. I put a lot of time into makeup and zero time into hair.
Speaker 2: Your hair is gorgeous. You have the most You're known for your hair being gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, but I don't know how to style it. I usually have somebody else do it for me if I can. But her face is flawless. Anyway, enough about her, Can I play you some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's time for EVP or ev pase. Do you know the term EVP?
Speaker 2: I do. There was a time in my life when I was a teenager. I was obsessed. I would listen to them at night and scare myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I do. It stands for electronic voice phenomena. So it's anytime a ghost hunter believes they've captured a ghost speaking for anyone that doesn't know. I go to the Internet and I find EVPs, and I want to play two of them. Tell me what you hear, and then I'm going to give you some options, the correct answer being what the ghost hunter believes the ghost to say. All right. This first one was posted on an account on YouTube called Haunted or Not, and it was captured by Mark and Debbie Constantine at a place in Kentucky that is very famous in the paranormal world. In Wilder, Kentucky. Bobby Mackie's music World. Have you ever heard of it? No? Oh, this place. I'm sure her IMDb is filled with credits because all the ghost hunting shows go to Bobby Mackie's Music World. It's like a country music venue that's like crawling with demons.
Speaker 2: Kentucky is the most haunted state in the world. It seems like.
Speaker 1: I mean, I spent two weeks there on the television show I'm on called Living for the Dead. Yes, and we went to Waverley Hills Sanatorium. We also went to the Palace Theater in Louisville and and very haunted both of them. Okay, what is this ghost saying at Bobby Mack's Music World. Now, there's definitely uh, it's not that it's underneath that there is a soft kind of feminine voice. Let's play it again like that. Yeah, okay, here we go. Oh you are my batty. You revery good sexy, James Babby.
Speaker 2: I mean she's fish for sure. She's definitely fish. She's like she's a doll. She's like she's very very fam like kind of like feeling her box.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's Olivia.
Speaker 2: It's Olivia. Does she travel?
Speaker 1: She says, you thought you were done with me and the show. Well I'm back, bitch.
Speaker 2: With the clickity clack. It almost sounds like, you know, the vogue like voguing tracks.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, or it might be also like you know that thing where you clap to give emphasis, you know, Oh I'm not doing this?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Something I'm confused about with with ESP what's it called EVPs? EVP? Soam I'm ESPs. It's something different. What I'm confusing Why don't they ever capture like gay voices? Please correct me if I'm wrong, But I never was hearing any like hey, like hey girl, like I love that tracks, girl.
Speaker 1: I mean there was there was a moment when I was go hunting I'm Living for the Dad on Hulu and Disney Plus around the World where I heard a ghost.
Speaker 2: Say yes, okay see.
Speaker 1: Which led me to think, are you gay? And I didn't say anything else after that.
Speaker 2: Oh definitely a queen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, let's get back to this though. Do you have any guesses? I can give you some options.
Speaker 2: I think she was ordering food because I was hearing like, you don't want you to go pull up to a drive and you go, I guess I want to number two like a fries.
Speaker 1: Yes, literally, yeah, very relatable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hi, Hi.
Speaker 1: Can I have an order of onion rings?
Speaker 2: Is the ice cream machine working?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And meanwhile, I'm on the phone with my friend. One second, girl? One second? Hi, can I have a number?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 1: Girl? I'm still here. One second. I'm on the phone, yeah, with pickles pickers? Okay, is it a I need to see those boobs? Is it B I'm the guy they speak to?
Speaker 2: Is it C?
Speaker 1: Hi, it's really nice to meet you? Or d I know your man? His name miss Steven? Okay, Oh, it's one of those. Now let me play it again. I think it's see you think that it is high. It's really nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: I do. I heard a meet. I heard a meet loud and clear.
Speaker 1: Well, they believe it's I'm the guy they speak to.
Speaker 2: Why would she call herself a guy?
Speaker 1: This is what they think. Wait, let's hear it again. I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Now wait a minute. Maybe is that a human speaking and that's the feminine voice? And the clap clap is the ghost?
Speaker 2: No? We play it one more time, and I want to hear the clackery clack. Oh. No, I think you're right. It's the it's the voice. It's the voice. All right, Well, I think that they misgendered that ghost, right.
Speaker 1: Maybe what she was saying is I'm the girl that they speak to. Here's another one. Okay, this one comes from TikTok and it was posted by Psychic Underscore pilot Underscore Jude, who a psychic pilot. Oh my god, imagine if you were like on a plane and the pilot was like, over the mic, I have a feeling we're gonna land this plane in about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: What. I don't know where this is from. What is this ghost saying?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Wait? Is he eating is like the ghost eating a chuck roast dinner? Is he eating a bunch of whoppers like the candy? I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: That was an assault to my ears. I'm sorry, listeners, Okay, I think it's done with a spirit box, which is why you hear underneath, which is it's scanning radio frequencies and it's picking up something. I don't know if this voice is coming through a device like that or if it's happening simultaneously. But let's listen to good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is that voice of the others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it almost sounds like there's a.
Speaker 2: Can. It sounds like when you say are you happy to be on Paris?
Speaker 1: You know the two different voices. You know what? It just reminded me of, Wake me up, Wake me up. Maybe this is effinescence coming through the rate you. It's just an idea. Okay? Is it a what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 1: No? Is it B? I'm trying to find a way home? Is it? C? What a funny way to go? Or D Let the bodies hit the flow? All right, it's one of those.
Speaker 2: I think B.
Speaker 1: Psychic pilot Jude thinks that it is. I'm trying to find a way home. Let me play it again now that we know that. Oh, it's like I'm trying to find a way.
Speaker 2: Oh I heard it. I heard it.
Speaker 1: They say home with the second kind of voice.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Find a way.
Speaker 2: That's fascinating.
Speaker 1: All right, let's wrap this up. Okay, let me just real quick so we can cover much ground here as we can. Because you're busy, I don't know when you'll be back. I'm just going to ask you about some paranormal phenomenal. I'm wondering your thoughts on it. If maybe it'll inspire a story that you have. We'll see, we'll see what happens. What do you think of curses? Do you believe in that as a concept.
Speaker 2: I believe in intergenerational trauma okay, which is almost like a curse, right that you know, the ones of us that finally go to therapy have to break hmmm, So I believe in generational curses. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you think that someone can put a curse on someone?
Speaker 2: I think someone can have such a negative energy towards another person that they send that negative energy to that person.
Speaker 1: Mmmmm yeah, I could see that. Have you done that to me?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll say this, I think you've done a really good job overcoming a lot of those curses. I try to send you because you're thriving and thank you. Good for you because you're thriving, and nothing, nothing I sent was able to stick.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yeah. What about Wiji boards?
Speaker 2: Well, I've done a Wigi border too, and it always feels so real. It's like who's moving that? Like?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I always feel like when every time we wigi, there's always one bossy person who's kind of maybe pushing a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Always yeah, But you know what, I you know, I always have long nails, and I would love to do it with like another doll with long nails, so we can barely even touch the damn thing. That would help. Mmm. What about Bigfoot?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Always a controversial one.
Speaker 2: I've dated them, you did, I did, so he's real. I've never talked about.
Speaker 1: This, okay, exclusive, Yeah.
Speaker 2: We dated it for well, it dates a strong word. We hooked up for a little bit.
Speaker 1: How did you find him?
Speaker 2: Well, it's really how he finds you. I mean I was camping by yourself. Yeah, sometimes you feel a little lonely, go camping just to go to touch with nature. And mm hmm suddenly behind me, you know, I hear a you Okay. At first I want to be like, oh my fucking you know, I want to be like.
Speaker 1: It could have been Jesus.
Speaker 2: No it wasn't Jesus. It was big But you know, no celebrity wants to hear that and like, oh my god, you're Jennifer Aniston.
Speaker 1: Like, I know, I hate when people do that to me.
Speaker 2: I know that happens to you a lot. That happens to a lot. So I played it cool and I said, yeah, I'm okay, but you know, and then he sat down. We kind of talked. We have a lot in common, same values and stuff. So you do we hooked up? Yeah, we hooked up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is he pretty like progressive and all that.
Speaker 2: No, he's extremely far right. But he has a huge dick.
Speaker 1: It was okay, yeah, well big feet. You know what that means, big feet.
Speaker 2: And you know these you know, these far right guys, they love the girls.
Speaker 1: Oh, of course they do.
Speaker 2: He was living, he was waiting for a lonely doll to be out in the woods.
Speaker 1: God, that is such a gift to him. Good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So you know, ultimately we kinda you know, we didn't agree on some of the Supreme Supreme Court stuff.
Speaker 1: So ah, but you had a lot in common.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You both went out in the woods that day and you both pitched a tent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Nori Reid, thank you so much for joining me.
Speaker 2: What a way to end, What a beautiful way to end.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, can you tell people where to find you and and all the stuff you got going on? This is going to be out in the beginning of the year.
Speaker 2: Well, happy New Year to everyone. Find me on Instagram. It's you know, my name, Nori Reid. And then on Twitter, I am real Nori Reid and yeah, I'm performing all the time in LA. I have the second iteration of Transit Girls, which raws crush.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love that show.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we're doing a second version in the new year, So go ahead and go to Alesion dot com and get your tickets if they're still available, because they'll probably be sought out.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's in La. Stand Up a fantastic trans queer celebration of comedy at the Allusion Theater.
Speaker 2: So funny. Well, thanks for doing this, Nori, thank you, thank you, Roz.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Nori read Hey, make sure you check out my personal instagram at Roz Hernandez. I've got my merch there and different tour dates and all that kind of stuff. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Hey back, this has been an exactly write production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the Startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the Terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spookky Georgia Hard Start, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer.