Speaker 1: Hi, everybody. Welcome to another edition of Packers Unscripted from Packers dot Com. I am Mike Spofford, joined as always by my trusted colleague West and Hodkowitz. We're coming to you Hear from our studios at lambeau Field to talk about Packers playoff Football West. It's the NFC Divisional Round. The Packers are headed West to face the number one seed in the NFC, the San Francisco forty nine Ers. It will be a seven to fifteen pm Central Time kickoff from Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara. Short week here for the Packers. It's already Thursday, which is actually Friday, and the plane leaves Friday, which is actually Saturday in the football world. But however, you want to shake it out. This game is coming up soon. It's almost here already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and for me it feels like Monday right now. Trying to get your bearings with all this. Ay, listen, I mean, it's been one of these weeks where you can celebrate quickly, but you have to flip the page. And I think listening to the guys on Wednesday discussed this. I mean, there is this US against the world mentality. I think guys are excited about this opportunity. And I mean it goes without saying Mike, but when you won four games in a row and you went into Dallas and toppled the Cowboys the way you did, I not to there's never going to be an issue with overconfidence with this team. But I just think there's a swagger that they needed to get back, and it's been reinstilled in that locker room and something they're hoping can really catapult them towards another massive upset here against the forty nine ers. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The way that I've felt about this team, and I felt the same way last week going into the Dallas game, is they are perfectly aware of what they're up against. That these opponents, the Dallas Cowboys last week, the forty nine Ers this week, these opponents are better than the ones that they played towards the tail end of the regular season. I talked last week the Dallas Cowboys would be the best team the Packers were going to play since the and the City Chiefs came to lambeau Field on Sunday Night football. These guys are perfectly aware of what they're up against, but they are fully confident in if they play their own game, if they do what they know they're capable of doing, there's no reason to be intimidated or to actually feel like underdogs. That they're letting other people talk about the whole underdog underdog thing's and that's fine. That's not how they feel about their own team.
Speaker 2: No, I think listening to guys discuss this too, they respect everybody, but they realize that they are one of eight left in this thing, and they have they are one of the eight with the chance to win the twenty twenty four Lombardi Trophy. Yeah, so San Francisco is in the complete opposite situation a Green Bay. They practically were able to rest their starters the last six quarters of the season. They had the bye last week, and it's come up a couple times in my coverage and with other writers mentioning, you know, this is the complete inverse of what happened two years ago with San Francisco coming in here as a six seed after beating Dallas and trying to knock off the number one seed at Green Bay Packers. They have nothing to lose, they have everything to gain. And if you want to mention the trying to exercise some of these postseason dmons with the forty nine ers. I'm sure that'll be something people want to talk about too, But by and large, it's riding this Jordan Love train and this wave of momentum and hoping that maybe, just maybe with another victory, you can step one step closer to achieving something special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. Well, you look at this forty nine ers season. They were twelve and five. As you said, they had the bye, so we just have all of the regular season to review here. They lost three straight games in October when they lost both Deebo Samuel and Trent Williams to injury, their star receiver, slasher running back whatever you want to call Debo, and then obviously the all pro left tackle in Williams. Three straight losses. But when they got healthy, they got rolling again. Since then, they've only lost two games. One was when they took it on the chin from Baltimore, a really hot Baltimore Ravens team that went into Santa Clara. Believe that was on Christmas Night if I'm not mistaken, and really took it to the forty nine Ers, and you know, quite frankly gave brock Purty his worst the worst game of his of his young career at quarterback. And then they also lost in Week eighteen when they were resting everybody because they had the number one seed wrapped up. But these guys wes. They've outscored their opponents by almost two hundred total points over the course of the year four ninety one to two ninety eight. Brock Purty has a one thirteen passer rating, thirty one touchdowns, eleven interceptions, sixty nine percent completion ratio. And I think you had brought up a statistic in one of our written pieces from earlier in the week. His passer rating is like one hundred and twenty over the second half of the season, and that actually includes the four interception game in Baltimore, So that one Baltimore game being the outlier where the where the Ravens were just all over them from the jump, brock Purty's been playing some really, really good football.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, if brock Purdy was a number one overall draft pick a couple of years ago, people would be talking about how wow, I mean, the forty nine ers really knocked this one out of the park. I've said this many times. I don't understand why there's so much hate with the guy. I think when certain anomalies form and come out of nowhere to sort of captivate a fan base, and galvanis a football team, people just try to find ways to knock it. They did that for years with Lamar Jackson too, even though he was the first round pick thirty second overall. People just didn't quite understand why it was working and needed to find a reason to belittle it. Yeah, brock Purty has kind of been in that spot, and honestly, Michael, if it wasn't for that one game against Baltimore, probably in the conversation with Jackson for the MVP this year, Yep.
Speaker 1: Totally, I think that I think that game, quite frankly on Christmas Night, might have decided the regular season MVP in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's he's been mostly lights out and for him to be able to navigate this offense with all these litany of name players in playmakers when you have George Kittle has probably one of the quietest thousand yard seasons you've ever heard of from a tight end. Yeah, Deebo Samuel missed some time but still finished with over eight hundred total or eight hundred receiving yards and many more total yards. Christian McCaffrey two thousand total yards. Brandon Ayuk, who we've known for years, is going to be a really special receiver in this league. He gets over thirteen hundred reception thirteen hundred receiving yards for the first time his career, but also as averaging almost eighteen yards per catch. This is an explosive, dangerous San Francisco offense, and ultimately it starts in the hands of rock Perty. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And when I look at you look at this San Francisco team, and you know, statistically, you know the total points and everything, they were awfully close to the Dallas Cowboys in terms of the point total for the regular season. What for me separates the San Francisco forty nine ers from the Cowboys is we spent so much time last week talking about Ceedee Lamb, and yes, there was Brandon Cooks, and they're Jake Ferguson and Tony Pollard. But it felt like for the Cowboys there was Ceede Lamb and then there were a bunch of other guys. Right with the San Francisco forty nine ers. It's like there's all these guys that are kind of up on the same level. There's McCaffrey, as you said, over two thousand total yards over twenty touchdowns this season. You have George Kittle, a thousand yard tight end. You have Deebo Samuel over eleven hundred total yards and twelve touchdowns despite missing some games with injury. And then Brandon Iyuk is right up there as well, thirteen hundred yards on just seventy five receptions, as you noted, eighteen yards per catch, seven touchdowns. These guys have a you know, stable of weapons that they're really isn't a hierarchy amongst them, and I think that's what that's what makes these guys so challenging to not only prepare for, but then obviously to play against out on the field.
Speaker 2: Well in the way they've built them over the years. And you know, they had a multitude of really successful running backs. The Packers saw a good one and Raheem Mostered a couple of years ago in the postseason. But give credit to John Lynch, give credit to that coaching staff. They realize that Christian McCaffrey, a player of his caliber, was sort of the missing piece for them. It's not just him. We saw what the offense looked like when Diebo was unavailable.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: There are different guys that function into this, but when all those playmakers are together and playing together as one, there's a reason why they've they've been able to blow out as many teams as they have. They've been able to sustain this consistency throughout the course of the season. But to give you that shining light, that that hope is that there is a path forward it but it is largely base. Then be an opportunistic and the few opportunities you're going to get to get a takeaway, you need to take advantage of them. Yep. When you are able to stop Christian McCaffrey, like happened during that three game skid when he didn't have over one hundred and fifty yards in three games total, they were able to teams were able to find ways for a victory. That's what Green Bay has to do, and they have to be prepared to do it for four quarters because forty nine ers come out swinging and they do not stop.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll take a look at the defensive side of the ball as well, and then we'll get to our keys to victory. But defensively two numbers stand out above all else. Forty eight sacks from this defense on the season, as well as twenty two interceptions. These guys get after you. Nick Bosa ten and a half sacks, Javon Hargrave seven sacks. Eric Armstead, who it appears they are getting back from injury the way it looks based on the practice reports and whatnot, he had five sacks this season. They added Chase Young yep, former number two overall draft pick by Washington. They added him to that defensive front. He's had two and a half sacks since he came to the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 1: We've been talking in recent weeks, obviously about how much Aaron Jones has meant to the Packers offense and getting the running game going and what that means, not only not only for the guys up front, the Packers' offensive line and establishing the line of scrimmage and being able to run the ball that's where an offensive line really asserts its potential dominance, but in opening up the play action and everything else that goes along with being able to run the football. The San Francisco forty nine Ers a much better run defense than the Dallas Cowboys. I think everybody knew, based on how teams had beaten the Cowboys during the season, that running the ball against them was going to be paramount and was going to be very doable. The forty nine Ers third in the league this season against the run. Defensively, this is the stat that jump doubt at me, though, Wes And when you talk about trying to find the paths forward the forty nine Ers, though they were third in the league against the run, as far as rushing yards giving up, they were fourteenth in the league and yards per carry. That's an indication obviously that they were winning so many games by such large scores that in the second half of games teams were out of their running game. They had to throw, they had to play catch up. The forty nine Ers took teams out of their running game early, just based on how things went on the scoreboard, and so the total yards rushing that this defense gave up was one of the lowest in the league. Fourteenth in yards per carry means that if you can hang in there, if you don't fall behind by too much, and you stick to the run and keep after these guys, you can keep yourself in favorable down in distance with the running game, and I think that's something that could be a real key for the Packers here on Saturday night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because when you are getting into these type of blowouts, it's not just about oh, you can't run the ball. It said teams can't get into what they want to do. I mean, look at what happened against Dallas. Yeah, Dallas put up some yards late and they got some points, but it was after they scrapped everything they were trying to do offensively in the first half, at least through the first quarter. Same situation with San Francisco and the teams that they've had to face this season. And I think that's why if I'm Adam Stenovich and Matt Lafloor and those offensive coaching staff members reiterating to your guys this week, this is why you run the football. This is why you run the football. Against Dallas. When you get twenty five yards on the first seven carries, you keep chipping away, you keep trying to work up that hill because if you don't, that's where the pass rushers get going. And I give Steve Wilkes a lot of credit. They've had some injuries this year, but he's been very multiple and how they've been able to generate pressures. Sixteen different guys I believe had sacks for them this season. It's not like it was just oh, Nick Bosa had twenty and then everybody else filled in. Now Nick the way there ten and a half thirty five quarterback hits. But it's it's the sum of the hole from that vantage point, and then it also does help Mike. It doesn't matter if the year is twenty fourteen or twenty twenty four if you're talking about San Francisco football, if you're talking about the forty nine ers, they have stellar inside linebacker play. It is a tail as old as time. And Fred Warner, in my estimation, they've had some good ones. I'd put him up there as the very best. His longevity, his durability, and his ability to perform at a high level. You know, Drake Greenlaw, these other guys that have come in. It takes a team, it's all eleven. But Fred Warner has been the quarterback of that defense for years now, and I think is when you talk about, well, why are they able to be so successful year in a year out, I think it starts with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's It's funny when you look at it because back, you know, whatever you want to call it, roughly a decade ago, let's say it just for round numbers sake, they had Patrick Willis and Navarro bow As, those two linebackers just commanding the middle of the field on that defense. And you watch that defense and you go, man like, you know, how is anybody ever going to find another tandem like this? Well, the forty nine ers now have Fred Warner and Dre Greenlaw and and I think you're right. I mean, as much as I, you know, admired Patrick Willis, and I think you know he's he's getting deserved Hall of Fame consideration. Fred Warner might be better than Patrick Willis. And you know, a decade ago, I wouldn't have said that that the forty nine ers might ever find another another middle linebacker inside linebacker as good as Willis.
Speaker 2: So funny though the game changed, like when you talk about twenty tens, early twenty tens, Willis was the man like he he is a bona fide Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's like even as the inside linebacker position evolved in these defenses changed to the pass heavy nature of the league. Then you have somebody like Warner who popped. And I remember the first couple of times Aaron Rodgers was hip to this well.
Speaker 1: Before I was just I was just going to bring that up. Aaron Rodgers was talking about how good Fred Warner was before Fred Warner ever got an All Pro vote of any kind. Quite frankly, and as usually happens, the outside recognition comes after, you know, a little while after a guy actually establishes himself and buts as much as Fred Warner maybe wasn't a household name a handful of years ago. The teams that were playing against the forty nine ers, they absolutely knew about Warner out.
Speaker 2: How funny is it though, too? You know, Chris Borland walked away from the game, but they found Chris Borland too, Like yeah, it's not like, yeah, we talk about oh, the first round pick. Fred Warner was a third round pick. I think Borlan might have been a fourth round I mean, when you you look at the Packers offensive side of the ball right now with Dontavian Wicks, and when you find real talent in the middle rounds of the draft, Yeah, that's how you fill out a football team. You don't do it in March and free agency, Yeah, you do it in April and yeah, I mean, I can't say enough about him because it's been impressive. It is, so this all came up for me. Not to take this off on a tangent, but you're not on social media, but I got a lot of my social media stuff that gets kicked back to me. One. By the way, today was I believe nine years to the day that we were in Seattle when the Packers played the Seahawks and the NFC championship game. Not to bring up bad memories, but a week ago it was eleven years of the day that we were in Candlestick for the NFC Divisional playoff game against the forty nine ers. And you talk about blue bloods. I know Colin Coward had this on his show a couple days. This is what the NFL is about. The coaching staff's change. The players definitely change, but it's those mentalities that are kind of woven into the fabric of organizations and that's why it's really exciting. I can't wait for Saturday. I just wish it could be here already.
Speaker 1: Honesty, it's wild when you think about it. The Packers and Cowboys last week played their ninth postseason game against one another for those two franchises, Packers forty nine ers. This is now the tenth postseason game between these two teams. I want to get to want to get to our keys to victory for Green Bay, but I don't want to forget about our sponsor business. So serious XM NFL Radio delivers hard hitting analysis and up to the minute NFL news that true football fanatics need twenty four to seven, three sixty five. And at Cousin Subs, we have something for everyone like our Wisconsin cheese curds, mac and cheese, golden fries, and creamy shakes, all paired with your favorite sub or sub in a bowl. Cousin Subs fifty years of better. All right, I want to mention this before we get into more specific keys to victory because this is sort of like the obvious one. When you're the seventh seed going up against the one seed you're looking for. You know, you have to give yourself a chance at the victory, right, you have to put yourself in position, give yourself a chance at the end. And here's here's the interesting thing that I found. You know, as I mentioned the forty nine. Ers have outscored their opponents this year by amost two hundred total points in their twelve victories. Only one of those victories was by one score. It was a seven point victory early in the season. There are other eleven wins have all been by multiple scores. And it just makes me wonder because last week, all the pressure was on the Dallas Cowboys and you know, the seas everything and all these slogans that they had, and you know Jerry Jones saying he thought they had a team that could win it all all that pressure that lied in Dallas, and the Packers were the Packers were were the outsiders coming in. There's a lot of pressure on San Francisco here. They've been a really good team for a long time, whether you're talking about the Harbaugh years or now the the Shanahan years as a head coach, but they still have yet to win that championship. For as good as they've been, for as long as they've been, there's a lot of pressure on that other side. And this team only won one game this year that was decided by one score. If you can keep this thing close, how much pressure is going to ratchet up on those guys in the fourth quarter if it's a tight game. That's where I think that That's where I think just maybe, just maybe the whole seven seed versus one thing could work for green Bay if they can be there at the end.
Speaker 2: And winning on third downs and getting making this be where brock Purdy has to make some plays. And I know there's some comments made about pressure this week, and brock Purty has been extraordinary against the Blitz this year, but you need to be able to generate pressure with four though two yes, And that's where I feel like you're going to need to give your coverage guys some leeway there. You're gonna need to allow those guys to be able to adapt and learn from what they're seeing from San Francisco, because they're going to see it all. They're going to get the book thrown at them. With them aunt of weapons they have in the way that they can utilize them, it's going to be a very like It's going to be a really fun game to watch in terms of the athleticism, the skill and I really believe the scheme from both sides. But for Green Bay, the one thing you cannot lose sight of is the fact that Brock Purty still is a second year quarterback. He still is a young dude. And there were no two quarterbacks hotter during the final eight games of the regular season than Brock Purdy and Jordan Love. It's not a joke. It's not a coincidence that these teams got to this point. No, it starts with quarterback play. And I love the way that Jordan Love is playing right now. Not to boil it down to well, Love has to have a better passer rating than Perdier, he needs to throw for more yards than Perdier, have more touchdowns. But the way that Jordan Love is playing right now, if he can solve this riddle, that is the Steve Wilkes defense. I love green bays chances in this game because even though they're nine to eight, the reason you play all these games, the reason why they don't just wrap it up after Halloween and say all right, time for the playoffs, right is because of the masturation that happens with these football teams. San Francisco is the juggernaut. They've been doing it since day one. They were doing it well before this season began. Green Bay, in a lot of ways, is more of the start but I think when you look at the ceiling and where this thing is rising for Green Bay, the trajectory that they're on. I threw the line in an insider inbox, you had to edit it.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: To me, it really does remind me of a marathon. It reminds me of a race. It reminds me of a thirty two hundred meter run where packers have had a really good kick here in these last four weeks of the season, and now this is the litmus test to see if you can catch who's been the front runner in the NFC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the analogy that I used in insider Inboxes, I actually took things back to the Olympics with speed skating. To me, the regular season in the NFL now is the long track, those long distance whatever five thousand meters, ten thousand meters, the guys with the long strides and everything. You go through this marathon to put yourself in position. And after the marathon, a whole bunch of teams are eliminated, and then there's a set of teams that are moving on. Then they go from the long track with the speed skating to the short track and they fire another starting gun and off they go. And you know, and it's you know, guys slide, you know, you make you make one mistake in the postseason, you slide off the track. You're done because it's short track, right, And that's what that's that's that's what the playoffs, that's what the playoffs are like. We talked about running the ball and what that means to this offense. We talked about, you know, obviously being in a close game, seeing how the forty nine Ers react if they're in a close game with the pressure that's on them. Offensively, the Packers have done such a good job at finishing drives lately. They move the ball, they get it into the red zone, They're putting that ball in the end zone more often than not. All of that is going to be paramount when I look at things on the defensive side of the ball for the Packers, it all comes down to tackling this forty nine Ers, as we talk about, with all of those weapons, all the different guys that Perdy can get the ball to, they scheme things up to get their guys into open space, into one on one matchups in the open field. This is a very difficult offense to rally to the ball. And get a whole bunch of guys to the ball to make tackles. You are forced to make one on one tackles against McCaffrey, against Samuel, against you know, Brandon Ayuk, against all these guys in the open field. You cannot miss tackles against these guys because that's where the six and seven yard gains rupture into twenty six and twenty seven yard gains. The Packers have to be on their p's and q's with tackling in this game, and I think that's what's going to give them the opportunities to get the forty nine ers into third downs and see if they can get off the field.
Speaker 2: What did you make of the forecast out there? I touched on this an inbox. I was curious see what your thoughts were on Yeah, I mean I've scattered shower basically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been hearing different I've been hearing different things. So I've heard that supposedly it's going to rain all day on Saturday. Other things I've heard said it it's going to rain Saturday night, but it might start not start raining until the second half of the game, like you know, further into the evening. I don't know. It's if you're asking me, you know, does does A does a wet potentially wet, sloppy or slow track? You know, favor favor one team over the other. I'd be okay with a little bit of a wet sloppy track just because of because I think it. I think it would potentially throw the forty nine ers off more than it would throw the Packers off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and not that I think both teams are built athletically and to speed. Green Bays, I'm much is probably the fastest receiving core they add in my time on the beat, yep. But San Francisco. I don't know how many of those kind of mutter games they've played in this year, but Green Bay's played through some interesting elements throughout the course of the season. I'm curious see what happens. Like I told people in inbox, you can't formulate the game plan on it, but it's stuff you have to be prepared for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: And to tie this back to the point I want to make we you know so much gets made out of Christian McCaffrey and absolutely deserves every bit of that credit. But probably the most underrated running back during that same entire time has been Aaron Jones. He got one Pro Bowl nod, but for the most part he's been more of a locally appreciated running back rather than the nationwide accolades. And at twenty nine years old, he's running as well as he's ran his entire career in terms of the consistency of it. I think at four straight hundred yard games, twenty plus touches and all these matchups, I've ran through all the statistics before on how the Packers fare when he gets over one hundred total yards. I honestly believe when you're talking about keys the victory, the biggest one probably comes back to the stat that you threw out there about the yards per carry aloud by San Francisco this season. If you're able to keep within arm's reach of them, what is possible? Go back to two years ago they kind of fell out of that. Aaron Jones had a ton of receiving yards, but they weren't able to establish that. Can you crack that egg and being able to sustain that throughout an entire football game regardless of what the canis may be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, and I think it is regardless of what the conditions may be, it's going to be what are what are the numbers on the scoreboard and how is that going to How is that going to impact how you're calling the game in the second half in particular, as things go along, can you can you stick with the game plan or does the game get into a situation where you know you you you have to you have to throw some things out because you need to operate more quickly, you need to try to score quickly. I think that's that's what this could come down to.
Speaker 2: And that's where San Francisco and it's twenty two interceptions come into play. Tabarious Ward with five, that entire defense with twenty two, which is tied for the most of the NFL this year with Chicago, and how do they solve that riddle against the Bears? They got the run game going with Aaron j Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely well. Before we go, some quick thoughts on the other games uh NFC Divisional playoff weekend. In the NFC, it's Tampa Bay at Detroit. In the AFC, you have Kansas City at Buffalo. Remarkably the first non Super Bowl postseason game that will be on the road. For Patrick Mahomes in his career. Right, Yeah, he's played, whether it's wildcard, divisional conference championship, he has always played at Arrowhead Stadium except for the Super Bowls. He has to go on the road now to Buffalo, which is sort of the thirteen second revenge game from that, you know, the game with the whole thirteen second thing and the field goal that sent the playoff game a couple of years ago to overtime. And then Houston at Baltimore and you know, another really interesting quarterback matchup, Lamar Jackson against c. J. Stroud. Doesn't doesn't get much more, much more, any entertaining than that. Your thoughts on any of those three ball games?
Speaker 2: Did you see The Dark Knight? I don't know. If you're a big movie guy, did.
Speaker 1: You I saw it a long time ago. My friend.
Speaker 2: The Kansas City and Buffalo reminds me the Jokers line of like we are just destined to do this forever. It seems like no matter what, we always get Kansas City in Buffalo, it's just rinse and repeat. With that matchup. We'll see what the result this. We won't be able to watch it. I doubt I'll watch any of it. But Houston versus Baltimore, I think is gonna be worth the price fed mission. Yep. Again in a lot of ways, it's very much similar to the Packers going into Santa Cilara. Houston has had a remarkable turnaround this year. C J. Stroud has infused life into that organization that I don't think has been there in probably fifteen years. I mean, there was some okay runs with with Watson, but nothing like this. I mean where they think, you know, you got Nico Collins is playing so well right now. You know, Devin Singletary I think has shown that he can be a back in this league, and when he had some fits and starts in Buffalo.
Speaker 1: And Demiko Ryans, quite frankly, has put together kind of, you know, kind of a no name defense that that is pretty darn good. I mean, you don't you don't have JJ Watt, you don't have that headliner on the Houston Texans defense anymore. But Demico Ryans, you know, has has put together a pretty good unit on that side of the ball.
Speaker 2: You know. And honestly, we talked so much about Stroud but and since been a good pick for them too. I mean it looks like he has plenty in front of him that how often a number two overall pick can get overlooked just because of the number one pick was being probably the offensive rookie of the year. That'll be a fun matchup. But let's be honest, Mike, we don't care about Houston, we don't care about Baltimore. We don't care about what's going on in AFC West and the AFC East. Tampa Bay is going to go into to Detroit and either that game is going to mean everything to the Packers or it's going to mean nothing to the Packers. Yeah, and I am very curious to see a Tampa Bay team that has had imperfections this year. But then last week you saw what they did against Philadelphia, a Philadelphia team that was just kind of begging to get knocked out and they threw the blows in the second half to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did.
Speaker 2: Against the Detroit team that not only did they get that win finally in the playoffs, but they had to win it the hard way against the Rams. That was a knockdown, dragou battle in a postseason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Lions started. The Lions started fast in that game. They got three touchdowns in the first half. Then in the second half, they only had like eighty six yards of total offense, and as I mentioned on our last show, their defense just kept stopping the Rams in the red zone, making them kick field goals, and they were able to hang on. You know, they just hung on for that one point victory, whereas the you know, the the Buccaneers in some respects were the opposite where it was. You know, they were slugging it out a little bit with the Eagles, but then as you said, in the second half, they threw the haymakers and pulled away. So the way those two teams got to this point through wild card weekend was very different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's great. I love the way the playoffs lined up this year. I think there's a lot of exciting different variables to this and whether it's the storyline with the Lions or seeing what the Packers can do with this late season rally. I liked one of the big comments that Matt lufford this week is we are going to come out swinging. Kenny Clark said it in the locker room after the game. We are going to fight. That is the one thing we are going to do. We are not going to guarantee victories, but we are going to and it was good enough for winning Dallas, and now the Packers have to decide whether or not it's gonna be good enough to take care of business in California.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's gonna be. It's gonna be a whale of a ball game. Can't wait for it to get here. As you said, With that, we will sign off on this edition of Packers Unscripted. Be sure to follow all of our coverage of the team and all of our coverage from Saturday nights NFC Divisional playoff game. We will be there at Levi Stadium in Santa Clara with all of that for you, for Wes, I am Mike, thank you for tuning in everybody. We will see you next time.