Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey friends, what's up. It's me Devin Simone.
Speaker 2: And I am Davon Rogers and this is MTV's official challenge podcast, Baby What an episode?
Speaker 3: M What an episode?
Speaker 4: Devin?
Speaker 3: What was your highlights? Highlights? Highlights?
Speaker 1: The daily looked fun? Can I just say it looked okay, okay fun. It looked easy until some people got up there and then it didn't look so. And then now I don't know where I fit in, Like you know, like I don't know. You want to say, oh, I'd be able to crush that, but then you're like, but but real talk would I though?
Speaker 3: Because I though the people that.
Speaker 1: Didn't, I don't know what about you day.
Speaker 2: I one hundred percent think I would have gotten decued, like one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I hate heights, so one hundred percent I would have gotten into my head and I'd have been like, oh no, this is out.
Speaker 3: I'm out of here, y'all, y'all take care of somebody went like.
Speaker 1: I feel like they were leaning back is why they were falling off the rock, Like I feel like you have to hug the thing. But again, you know, I don't know. And with my implants for all I know, I could try and hug it all day long and it not works, So I don't you know, who knows, but it was very compelling to watch. We also had the closest time ever in Challenge history between the women between Tory and Jenny. It was what six hundredths of a second or something? Crazy is the time difference? That's wild, That is wild. Jenny takes it home over Tori, so we have Genny and Kylin as the winners, the losers being THEO and Naya. THEO cracked me up. THEO was just cracking me up to way over it. He was just so hilarious, like how do you even slow mo to the finish? Like when he even ended, he barely hit the foam things even on that, Like, how do you even mess up the end?
Speaker 3: Just so like he knew it was a rap, so he like, if I'm gonna go out, let me just go.
Speaker 1: Out doing something. I guess. So he was just so funny to me. And then we have Kylon and Ginny in the chamber. They ultimately decide to throw Michelle in, but ultimately Michelle takes out the win and then the new target selections are bananas. Neamayah and surprisingly Jordan Day. What is your take on all of this?
Speaker 2: I was very surprised by the Jordan selection. Bananas was a no brainer because Neamayah was like, I don't know, Neiamyah was kind of like I felt like a throw yeah, but yeah, I definitely definitely was caught off guard by the Jordan situation.
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 1: I was too, But then I started to look at it as like as the house gets smaller, the numbers get a little smaller, it does become kind of a thing where it's like, look, if they were in power and they wouldn't save me, then I've got consider getting rid of them, you know what I mean? So I can I can see how that like, even if it means like I'm not directly against you, but I just know that I'm not in your time to be saved, so then I'm gonna have to like go after you. That sort of makes sense on my end.
Speaker 3: I got that.
Speaker 2: But let's get it to the goodies, because we know we want to know about the gold Star and the timeout, and I'm not gonna go first because I get in trouble every time I go, So I'm gonna let you go first.
Speaker 1: You didn't get in trouble last week. I was proud of you. You did not get in trouble on my time Out of the week. There are a couple contenders, one being THEO because THEO what were you doing? I don't what, I don't what exactly, like he didn't even use okay anyway. And another Timeout nominee has to be Bananas. I get that he was being petty, but he was kind of being childish with it, like I don't what's the strategy game plan there? I don't really know. And then the last time out nomination of the week, I'd say it has to probably go towards Jordan only because when watching that exchange between Jordan and Nya, look, I understood Nya's point and kind of shocked. I understood Jordan's perspective and just how he plays the game, but the minute they sat down expected there to be honesty, just because I feel like Jordan's one of those people that I take what he says to the bank, right, Like I appreciate that Jordan generally is like a yes no kind of guy, but he wasn't a yes no kind of guy in this conversation with Naya, which like didn't love right, like didn't feel so straightforward. But ultimately my winner for the time Out is definitely going to go to THEO because my dog, what what are you doing? It was funny, but what are you doing? And then my gold Star nominations, So gold Star nomination's Ginny she Ace that just absolutely asd it. I also like the way she stuck up for herself in deliberation, uh quite frankly, where she's like, look, nobody cared about me, So I'm gonna say what I have to say, like mad respect. My other nomination for gold Star goes to Aviv because she also ated it, like and you know, being that she is vertically challenged in certain ways, I imagine certain parts were even harder her and she really just crusted to her vertically hung and the myther nomination goes to Michelle. And I'm gonna have to say the gold Star actually goes Michelle because her comeback, remember last week, right she got She's ready to go home. She's like, I don't even know why I'm here. She's just doubting herself and all the way till now and the end of this elimination, I also thought It was hilarious when she realized that she needed to like pick up the speed and elimination and she goes iw like, yes, girl, all those vibes, all those vibes, we have to run ew all of it. So Michelle gets my gold star for the week What about you day?
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna start with my gold stars nominees.
Speaker 2: Oky nominis of Eve, same reason you said, like Powerhouse, the way she blew through that thing, and I'm so that challenge and I'm so proud of her because I thought of Eve was gonna be going a while ago, and she's flying under the radar, but she's still performing, Like I don't think that I've seen one yet where it was like Eve, what.
Speaker 4: Are you doing?
Speaker 2: She's performing? You know, she might not come in first, but she's performing. And so I'm really.
Speaker 3: Proud of Aviv.
Speaker 2: Another star and it's for the same reason that you gave this person a time out.
Speaker 3: I'm speaking from the perspective of a viewer. Okay, as a viewer, Johnny is.
Speaker 2: Giving me everything I need as a viewer, He's giving me every Now if I was in the house as one of the challengers, I'd be all the way upset, like what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Sit down somewhere.
Speaker 4: But as a.
Speaker 2: Viewer, he's giving me everything that I need, Like he lived in this one episode. It was Johnny Kylan, Johnny Michelle, Johnny Olivia, Johnny, it was the world, Like it was so good to watch as a viewer. So as a viewer, he did that. Another person I'm gonna give a gold star to. And it's only because I forgot this person was even on the show.
Speaker 1: Given gold stars just for existing.
Speaker 4: Forgot that they were on the show.
Speaker 3: And here's here's why.
Speaker 2: Because in the beginning, they were a problem. In the beginning, they were a target. In the beginning, they were like you know, no.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: I just want to say, Cory right, Corey, Yeah, he has done so well at changing the entire getting all the targets off of him and just playing the game.
Speaker 1: I'm hopeful that that means he's gonna like kill it at the end. I'm hopeful. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, but of the three, I think ultimately I'm gonna give my goal start to Johnny. I know he's given me everything I need as a viewer now for my time out. The same reason you gave this person a gold star is the reason I'm going to give them a timeout, Jenny. And it is because in that deliberation, and I might be wrong, but I.
Speaker 3: Viewed that as baby, that ain't about you right now.
Speaker 1: When Michelle said that to you, I was like, no, it's about her because she won.
Speaker 2: No, but you don't have a You're not doing anything that's fair, that's fair. This is all up to Kylin. So you just want to take the Florida. Let us know that you're in your feelings.
Speaker 3: And that's fine, but this is not about you right now, like it just.
Speaker 2: It caught me so off guard, but I'm gonna even. Yeah, I got the time out for her, and I have to sign out. I got to time out, but THEO and Naya together as a unit, because I expected my people to do much better in that. And when I say my people, I mean the Long Leg Crew. I expected them legs to come to youth.
Speaker 3: I expected that and they let me down.
Speaker 2: So ultimately, I'm gonna give my time out to the Long Leg Crew because what was going Oh I.
Speaker 1: Was still not even using They had a sack to put the coins in, and he didn't even use Like, what what are you doing sir? What is it. Is it that it's so high up there the air is thin and then he wasn't thinking it through. I don't know what I was doing, but it was a mess.
Speaker 4: It was a mess.
Speaker 1: It was but hilarious and entertaining, which is why we love the show oh so much and why we love the podcast oh so much is because we get to ask them about their hilariousness, which is exactly what we're going to do on today's episode with the lovely Niamore. So make sure you guys don't go anywhere, because we're going to talk about love life. We're going to talk about some beefses that are happening on the socials and the media's and uh out in the real world. We're going to talk about lessons learned strategy, and we're going to quiz her on pim dots. It's going to be so much fun. So make sure you grab a snack, do some stretching, but don't go anywhere because you're not gonna want to miss Niamore.
Speaker 2: Right after this, friends, family, and cousins, I am super excited because we are back with another episode and on this one.
Speaker 3: Right here, this one, right here, we.
Speaker 2: Have our sister Okay, not so many people can have that title, but this is our sister who please clap it up for our girl, Miss Naya.
Speaker 4: More, such a pleasure to be by.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my goodness.
Speaker 4: And by the way, let me say, let me set the record straight and let y'all know that I am the original Lady of Leisures. Like I came up with that. I introduced the other girlies into it. I recruited them. Just let everybody know. Yeah, I am the queen Lady of Leisure.
Speaker 3: How did that come about? Because y'all, y'all are really cute. I love it the loyl girls, I love it. So how did that come about?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's honestly a title I gave myself like a while ago because I've always been type of girl who's like never been one to like be gun ho about work. I'm like, I love being in my soft girl era. I love being taken care of. I love living a so off life. And so although I have found a job that I've been passionate about as a private jet flight attendant for like the last seven eight years, Okay, so really much else besides housewife that I would check off?
Speaker 1: Like, can we just talk about that for a minute. If you don't follow NYE on social media, you need to. If you do, then you already know between the lavish meals, the around the world, the twerking, in between plating the food, it's just the skin skinning. It's giving all the things, all the things. SIS like, you look like you're living your best life.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm trying to, and there's more to come. I'm like really leaning into this content thing. I'm like, Okay, people like it great, So I've got a lot of exciting stuff that I'm gonna roll out soon.
Speaker 1: Does that exciting stuff include a roster? Because I feel like, you know, knowing you a little bit, seeing glimpses into your life. You know you're educated. We'll talk about your maskuls in a minute. Though you're educated, you're beautiful, you're funny, well traveled, you can cook, and you're working in the private jet industry. There's gotta be a roster of like billionaire men. And I understand what I'm asking. I get some people are gonna be like, but I mean, I gotta like, girl, they got to be knocking on your doors, they gotta be Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, there's definitely been a rotation of men that have you know, possible or potential suitors that have come and gone. I've had boyfriends, you know, over the years, a handful of them. Not just billionaires and like you know, really rich people, because that's typically who we fly, but just even like you know, I would say above slightly above average earners.
Speaker 3: I'm on now, I'm on now.
Speaker 4: But like I have a great time with my life because of the fact that I'm traveling all over the world, Like I am not limited to dating in the death pool that is LA. It's like I can kind of just you know, check in on the dating apps everywhere I go.
Speaker 1: How far broken hearts? Okay, yeah, well you.
Speaker 4: Know what my mantra is. I say, I leave people in places better than I've found them because my intentions are pure. So like I go into it very transparent, very honest, saying, hey, like, yes, would I love to find my person? Would I love to like go to life with someone and go with someone? Absolutely, And that's what I'm in the pursuit of. But if I don't find that, I will still enjoy my life and have a good time with whoever I'm with, whether it's by myself or with someone else that i've like, cannot be turn into like my boyfriend for the week.
Speaker 1: Please make this a series, make it a book, like thank you, because I am can I come to the like pre screen, I'm in, I'm in.
Speaker 3: I'm already in before we get to the book and the series.
Speaker 2: Okay, because we want to get her a series before I get into all of the things.
Speaker 3: Okay, we know that this man is my baby. Okay, I'm going to defend him against the world. Okay, I'm gonna stay ten toes down.
Speaker 4: Oh my baby.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I have to know how did Josh get in your rolodex? Like what did that happen?
Speaker 4: Okay, let me take me and Josh. It was so super cute, so long, pray short. You know, everybody was kind of just like trying to play too cool for school. Josh sprang up on me like I was Rihanna, and he basically gained my flowers. And He's like, nayah, I've been wanting to meet you for since forever, like I just adore you da da da da da, and like I we I want to know if you're feeling me. I don't want to have to guess or figure it out and so like, to me, that was very attractive was the fact that he was like, I don't care, like I'm a fan of this girl and I want her to know it immediately. And then he and I just naturally, like not even in a sexual or like romantic way, we just got each other and like we could finish each other's sentences. We just laughed. I felt like his energy felt safe next to mine, mine felt safe next to his, and we just bonded it in that way. But of course I'm a horny LESSI auntie, so I want to see you. What's the givens?
Speaker 1: I was like, let me just let me see, you know, let me try it out.
Speaker 4: A little bit. But so me and me and Josh initially were like making out, just having fun, like just very light, like there wasn't anything more than that. And then at one point, oh, my vibrator died, and so I was, you know what, really kind of scratched the ish, and he hadn't really busted a move like that yet, so I was kind of get a little frustrated. And then I said, well, you got a five minutes to decide, buddy, because I got another guy who's sitting on the corner of his bed, that waiting waiting for me at the door.
Speaker 1: You didn't tell him that, though, did you you just not that or did you tell him that?
Speaker 4: I didn't tell him that, but I was definitely give the energy like get right, a get left, because.
Speaker 3: Oh my baby.
Speaker 4: But also, I will say this, the way things happened would have naturally happened anyway. I think our friendship is so deep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, I mean I said, I mean Josh trying over you breaking his heart? Is that what you mean?
Speaker 4: I know. I felt so bad about that because here's the thing. One thing I would never do, especially for like television value or whatever, is intentionally hurt somebody. I don't need to do that. Yeah, And so I knew he cared about me. But also I felt like he took a step back. And one thing I'm a master of is reading the room, and so I'm not going to beg a man to wit like it was clear to me that he wasn't interested in me in that way, and I had options, so I felt like it was my natural right to be able to explore that. However, things happened so fast, guys that in the same like day that I felt like he was pulling back. Hyland was also up for elimination, So I'm like, well, I got a test drive that before he leaves. We were trying to sit him home.
Speaker 3: Before he leaves.
Speaker 1: Test driving room room. Okay, I love that.
Speaker 3: I love that. I love that. So where where do you and Josh stand? Right now?
Speaker 4: We are We are like brother and sister, We are buddies. I love Josh. I mean, y'all know, I'm like his fearless defender online, Like you cannot say anything bad about that man in front of me. I love him to death. And I know he gets a lot of flak from you know, the fans and online and whatnot, just about him wearing his heart on his sleeve and being an emotional player. But like, to me, that's is the sexiest, dopest, most masculine part about him is that he's not afraid to wear his emotions on his sleeve. He's not afraid to cry, he's not afraid to say, you know, how he feels about certain things, whereas other times, you know, most men are just fought to masth that. So like, yeah, I'm I'm like forever gonna be in his corner and he knows that. I mean, I wait, I stayed everywhere all the time.
Speaker 1: Wait, but are you flexible enough to defend his strategy, because like.
Speaker 3: I need you to leave my friend alone. Okay, though they lie, strategy was not given.
Speaker 4: He's embarrassing me every episode, but.
Speaker 3: But we gonna hold it.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 1: He makes me harder and harder for you and David fandom And look, I love Josh, don't even give you said, but Josh just be all over the place.
Speaker 4: Literally, yeah, even like the last episode where he lit bananas with without much effort, just completely finess him mentally with that old dusty like you owe me card, and like the fact he just fell out in tears, just like you know what You're right, buddy, I do. I'm like nobody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, literally, it's it's all. It's so safe to say. So you and Josh are like friends. Now, I was safe to say you and Kyland are no longer together and you got a roster Roland and Dolan.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, yeah, I mean I am. But here's the thing. It's like, I it's not necessarily a roster is just more so I am open to the possibility of like finding love and I'm having fun with it, and it's like, oh.
Speaker 1: I don't say roster as a Pejordan by the way, either, because I think you should exactly the way things happened with Josh and Colin at the time, which is like there's not a ring on your finger, you're not in an exclusive relationship. So ye, having multiples is great until you find that one where you only want to spend time with him and nobody else.
Speaker 4: So yeah, well unless you're in the Challenge house though, d because one thing I'm not doing again, well, let me not even say that live. Let me say one thing I'm gonna try not to do it. Yes, yes, is be booed up as hard as I was this season, Like you would have thought I was on Love Islands. I was doing no challenge work an hourrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were like locked in fast. It felt like like just real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know it's like you know what that environment is like, so it's automatically even though we're living in a mansion and you know you're there to do cool shit. It's also no phone, no escape, so if you do find a connection, it is on steroids.
Speaker 1: It's camp syndrome. We've talked about your you don't even need to go back to battle the season. It's camp syndrome.
Speaker 4: But I but the silly part is it's like I'm old enough to know that, Like at the end of the day, I was there for a bag of money. It's like, if you're gonna be here, compete, Like, don't take up space. Like it's cute, Like I get it, Like you know, you were like having fun and whatever and like having like a little hookup and a little love affair or whatever, but this is also an honor to play this game, and it's like, if you're gonna be here, like that should always remain the priority. And like I kind of was just there for the vibes even to begin with, and then I was like halfway through, I'm like, the next time you do this, girl, like you need Like I know what potential I have as an athlete, and if I even turned on like sixty percent of that, these bitches cannot touch me. And the fact that I won't or have it in the past and just been like lazy and not give it a shit, it's like, well, then don't come up here and take space, Like if you're going to come back and play this game, like you need to train in the gym, like honor the game in the way that like you would want to be. You know, if you say that you're you're proud and your honor to be a part of it, then like honor in that way in terms of your preparation. So yeah, yeah, if I ever were to come back, I definitely like, I mean, I'm already in the gym. I have a trainer for five days a week.
Speaker 1: Yes, come on now, love this? Okay, we look forward to the night Trump. I have to ask really quick before we get more into this episode too, because there were a lot of couples in this house, a lot of interesting pairings, and some that actually have shown to have little drama up as far as we are in the season, whereas oftentimes in the beginning there's already kind of like issues. So just want to get your take on some of the lovers in the house, Like what do you think about Michelle and Devin being together? And then what do you think about Olivia and Theo. Do you think they're good matches or what's kind of your insight from being there physically with them?
Speaker 4: So I was there for the beginning of both obviously you know, we were all kind of like a little girl group, So we talked about everything that was going on in relationships from the very beginning, and I mean, there's just no scenario where I would ever think that Michelle and Dev's relationship was for clout or for TV, nor Olivia and Theo's. Like those four people in their perspective, relationships love each other to death and like it is a genuine love. So like where other people were rooting on their downfall like bananas, I knew that there was no scenario where they were going to break up because I saw how intense that bond was up close and personal. Because I also wanted them to win, Like I was rooting for Olivia and THEO when they were kind of going through it trying to figure things out, you know, after the show, and like I was rooting for Michelle and devon just genuinely. So like I'm not surprised because to me, it's like their love if you weren't a hater, a soon cold hater like him, who's never been able to like find something like that in this space. And I know he's been here for so long that he just with like to but it's just he's just not that guy. I was happy for them, Yeah, I was genuinely happy for them.
Speaker 1: And speaking of bananas of it all and the shots that you just fired at him. You know, you start this episode as a target. Were you shocked to be selected last episode? Were you shocked that he went after you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was because that morning he told me, Hey, says like you're good, and I was like, really, really, I wouldn't have expected that for him. I didn't, you know, I'm just like, why, how am I good? And then you know, he made it clear that he was beefing with Tory, and I was also the impression that he really didn't necessarily have a care for Ma car Maria. So I'm like, wow, that works out perfectly for me. So I didn't do any politics and I didn't do any smoothing. I just kind of kicked back and like, you know, waited for the elimination. And so when he said my name, obviously I understood the situation where he initially said toy and then TJ said you can't pick her, and then he immediately said sorry, Nya, then it's got to be you. And so now watching this episode where Kylon and other people were kind of like, well, why wasn't it Kara if you said you didn't really give a shit about Cakara, Like, why couldn't you just honor what you told Nya early that morning. I mean, I really didn't like hang on to it too long. I'm not gonna lie to you because it's bananas and he and I have no relationship, and so I'm not going to be so but hurt about him throwing me in there when he had limited options to begin with anyway. But I also was kind of side in the situations. I'm like, well, I didn't realize I forgot that he did throw in car Marie as a target before. But I'm like, have they settled her beef? I don't know. I stayed out of it. I mean I was in the bed of Kylon every day, so I wasn't aware of like where car Maria stood with her era at that point. But yeah, I mean it was like there was nothing he could really do. As you can see in the episode, I wasn't like tripping off of it too hard. I kind of just mad it made fun of it. But yeah, like I don't know, I think that that was just what he had to do. In the moment.
Speaker 2: Okay, so now you are a target, right. We hate to see it, but here we are. We're at this challenge. Please explain to us your thought process going through this. I don't even know what to call it, but this, this this mays of an obstacle course of a challenge.
Speaker 4: It's like they ham plucked the video game that I would never be good at anyway and put it in real life. And I'm like, what is this Sonic the Hedgehog as a park? Like, what is this? Because all I saw was climbing. I'm like, everything, every part of it was climbing, and I'm like, outside of mouth, like I know that that is literally my main weakness is upper body strength and being able to like kind of hold my own weight and pull up my own body weight, and that's something that I worked on last minute before I arrived to the challenge. So I'm like, yikes, Like, I mean, I already knew that there was an unlikely scenario where I would finish the whole thing, but I will say I do have a healthy level of delusion. And after Banana, I said, I can be able to get to the top. And when I get to the top, I figured to rust out. And it's hilarious because I was literally talking to the other l L It's like, okay, y'all. So once we get to the top of the ladder, as if I was even.
Speaker 1: Gonna go, I love it because they did make it look easy. To be fair, Jenny and Bananas made make it look super easy, so easy, incredibly easy, Like I don't even understand how they made it look so easy. And then you made it look hard.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing, Like, for whatever reason, I thought that this was going to be a cakewalk for you and THEO but whatever. The legs, I was like, Oh, I was like, oh, they're about to it's over for everybody.
Speaker 1: They're about to eat this up.
Speaker 4: And oh boy, I didn't even realize. Jordan said, yeah, use your leg Number one way to climb a wall. It's to use your legs. Where I would naturally thaw, it's your arms. And so I know the part that you're talking about, like that once you get to the top running and jumping, I would have ate that up. But then I don't know, child being that high, I probably would have got scared.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it looks fun though, it looks very like I don't know.
Speaker 4: It did look fun. Oh it was badss. I mean, I wish I was able to do it.
Speaker 1: But can we just talk for a moment about THEO not even getting his landing right? Like I think? And it was interesting seeing because I feel like at the beginning of the season, people THEO was one of the names people were kind of worried about, and then he started to show he was gassing out a little bit in dailies and challenges, and then I think that concern or that commentary kind of went down or got quieter and died down.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One thing that didn't get quieter was the sort of bananas versus everybody. We see him get multiple arguments and fights in a way that doesn't necessarily feel like his standard way of playing, Like, yes, he always puts people off, but this just feels like he's just going around guns of blazing to everyone. What is your take on it? Do you feel like he came into the house different than he had maybe in previous seasons.
Speaker 4: I think the number of people on this show from the beginning with starting with forty probably intimidated him because he realized he would have to potentially share the spotlight with thirty nine other people, and so he had to make a big splash and like do a lot more than he already normally does, and so, you know, I just feel like that was kind of what he was doing. But then at the same time and in the same breath, he is one of the ghosts of this show, and he knows how to serve the part. He knows how to get the party started, and he knows how to how to throw grenades and light fires, and like he's fantastic for the show and the ecosystem of what this is, the competition. So like, I have no hate for Johnny Bananas. He built this thing, right, yeah, yeah, But I think that's just him being him on steroids because he had thirty nine other personalities to share the spotlight with, and so he was like, I gotta do the most, which is what he did all season. But also it's like if he doesn't, if you extract everything that he did, you know, for better or worse, I mean, they're that's a lot of the meat and potatoes, you know, of what the season is. So I don't know, I feel like he's just a necessary evil.
Speaker 1: Maybe hanging out with I love New York rubbed off on him.
Speaker 4: Oh, he didn't even need that. Like Bananas is a one man band on his own. He don't need nobody else.
Speaker 2: What do you think Olivia's end goal was when she was having that conversation with him?
Speaker 3: Like what was she what was she trying to get out of that?
Speaker 4: Uh? Well, here's the thing I think, Oh, let me. I definitely got to say this. She hasn't spoken this yet, but I do believe that Johnny Banana's had a serious crush on her, oh from well before the show even started, and there was a documentation in the likes and he put on her page. He was obviously a fan of her. And I think that like she's never seen him like that, you know how sometimes the guy on the playground like yeah, you know what I mean, like something like that was like he just kind of picks on her, but like secretly, like if he had a shot, there would be no scenario where he would go at Olivia. I think that, you know, she chowse THEO and I don't know, for whatever reason, he internalized it as if like he was an option and he and he just perspectfully never was so like I don't know why he kind of like tried to make an enemy out of her. But Olivia, for one, I can say, never talked about this man. Yeah, I was with her twenty four to seven. We sat in the closet, and sat on the bus and set to the bar and in our beds and gossiped all the time, and he was never the topic of conversation. So like the fact that she was always in his mouth to me was like just I was like, he obviously wanted her in some capacity, and then like once she got with you know, THEO who was connected with you know, other members of Air for and the whatever, the whole, like like many alliances that were going on, he was just like, I'm not messing with all y'all, with any of y'all. But I think it just I think it stems from I don't care if he acknowledges it or not. He probably never will. He definitely had a crush on Olivia and it just didn't pan out for him in that way. And I think that it was just kind of like you know, like the boy that pushes the girl on the playground type of thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I think that actually that sounds like a valid I mean I'm thinking about it now, because who was it that came on our podcast recently? Was it Devin? I don't know that with the theory that part of Bananas lashing out is because he's used to sort of having a crush in the house or being crushed on, like back in the day it was multiple people, and then now he's in a place where yes he built this thing, Yes he is an icon, but no, he's not necessarily the hot.
Speaker 4: New or you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: In that way he is looked at as like the big brother more and more and so, and I thought that was an interesting theory that we hadn't considered before, but kind of makes sense.
Speaker 4: I mean, and to your point, like when I think about other people in the house and like some of the maybe friction or just kind of like them getting antsy or anxious who are single or like didn't have who started spiraling but didn't have somebody delately next to because that shit really does matter. Like I've never played the game like with the Showman ever until this time around. But before Pilae and I like hooked up heavy, there was a moment where I was having you know, anthombic episodes and panic attacks, and I was just for whatever reason, I couldn't understand, because I wanted to be there. I was so unable to sleep and uncomfortable and have an anxiety that I almost left. And it wasn't until like he and I started hooking up that like all of that subsided. Like I wonder if I hadn't, you know, what type of temperament would I have been in throughout the entire season? What I've likely been on a hedge? What I have been you know, I told you I started freaking out when the vibrated. I've like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, we have to take a quick break, but we'll be right back after this.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, let's get back to the show.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about you going into this deliberation really quick, because it had to be tough knowing that two of what more and your closest friends in the house are the ones that you are you know, are contenders to go against you, So it's kind of like a lose lose. Did the three of you guys talk about it outside the deliberation, like was there something we didn't see or did you guys save it all for in the room.
Speaker 4: I mean, we obviously talked about it, like yikes. When we looked at the reality of like, hey, it's one of us is sending the other one home, and then that's why there was so much pressure on us to perform in the challenge, was like, okay, we need to not all three of us, worst case scenario can be down there like somebody else used to be down there, you know, so that at least one of or two of the lols survived. But it just turned out, like Johnny Bana said, it was poetic justice. It was like you couldn't have written a better, you know, a story or like situation for the plot for us to all be staring at each other knowing that you know, that night one of us was toast. But in terms of like I never approached Kylon with the idea of Okay, I want to go against this person versus that person. I totally trusted his instincts in the game. So I was kind of like, hey, dude, I mean I already know that the fact that I'm still here is insane, and and like I know where I rank in terms of like the power structure, in terms of my own strengths and weaknesses. So like neither of these girls are a tassa. Both of these girls are good at everything. I can beat them, they can beat me, Like you figure it out, Like I'm just you know, gonna hang back. Because also I just couldn't imagine trying to like politic against one of one of the right. So it really didn't matter to me. And then also I just had tremendous confidence in myself in the arena. It's like that is the one place that I typically thrive in the one place, and this whole thing is like I don't have zero fear down there, and so whereas most people want to avoid it at all costs, I'm just not scared of it. So I was like, Okay, I just have to lock in and get ready for this. You can focus on which one of your girls that you're going to send in. Because the other thing is Kylin was playing most of his game with Olivia and Michelle is his number one, number two to my knowledge, So what he communicated to me so like I knew it was not gonna be easy no matter what, because you know, to them, they also were like, well where does Naya Wrika? She has number one? I mean obviously at some point during the halfway point, he said, you're my number one. I mean, he even was crazy enough to say that he wanted to run a minor with me, And I'm like, y, ain't gotta do all that, buddy, like Austin in La. But like, I knew that this was not gonna be an easy situation, so I didn't want to make it harder. And I was like, Okay, if you really are if you really want to see me come back in this house, you pick my opponent based on who you think I can be in whatever. It's the possible game that t is gonna throw at us, which you can never predict, right right, But I just I took my hands off of it. I wanted to enjoy what might potentially be my last night in the house with my people and like celebrate that and just get locked in for whatever TDY threw at me. I was not in any way interested in politicing against either Michelle or Olivia. Just it wasn't gonna happen. Now if they had conversations with him, I'm sure they did. Like I'm sure Olivia approached Kylin and said, hey, dude, like I think she was his number one and Michelle was his number two. I think that was the pecking order outside of me being his supposed number one. So I don't know, but I'm assuming they probably just to try and spare themselves approach him. But I don't know how those conversations were because I also asked him not to tell me. I didn't think it was I didn't need to know. You know what I mean, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you said that because it changed my perspective.
Speaker 2: I was convinced one hundred percent when we watched it the episode and you're crying, you start crying, right, I assumed that was a release, like built up relief, finally able to release from the news of Jordan. I thought that was from the heartbreak of Jordan. But listening to you speak now, it's like, no, I'm actually I'm going up against one of my girls.
Speaker 4: I never would have sat here.
Speaker 3: I thought you was crying over Michelle like I never would have thought that Jordan.
Speaker 4: I found it was about over the fact that, like when I was looking at them, like I could grow, I kept busting his tears over it right now, because like I said, in the final thing, it was like I had I have been so well received by those people in the house that like I didn't. I don't go there expecting to make friends, like I have an abundant amount of friends and love in my real life. So it's like I come there to compete for the vibes to get that little coin and then get out, and so like, I wasn't expecting to feel so much love, specifically between two girls who were already bonded as best friends, who like immediately roped me in and like immediately had my back, and like they it had nothing to do with the game, and I don't think it was because they didn't see me as a threat. It's like I've never laughed harder in my life than like I did in the Challenge House, specifically in the room with those girls.
Speaker 1: And I like the idea like that love that for you did you did? Because you mentioned so these are like sort of new friends that you've made, right, and it's a really tight bond. And then obviously you and Jordan have a long standing history, right, like you guys were in real world together, and you mentioned you hadn't explicitly spoken to him about the hierarchy or like where you fit on his team, and blah blah blah, is it because you kind of felt that love and support with these girls that you kind of assumed like, hey, Jordan and I are cool, we're friends. Of course we have each other's back. Like were you shocked to hear what Bananas shared? Like what kind of went through your mind? What did we not see finding out that information?
Speaker 4: You have? Okay, let's break this down. So, like, here's the thing. I knew Jordan, unless it was between Tory and Laurel, would never make me a target, period. So I do we were bonded and I could rest on him protecting me in that way. However, the minute it broke off into a new game, what I did not do is assessed what game is being played at that moment. And so now, as a realist, it's like, Naya, this is the halfway point. This is actually past the halfway point. These men and these women are about to start redistributing like their power rankings and whatever, because they need to figure out who are the strongest players in the game that they might be paired with in a final should it be pairs, and let's be real, says it ain't you on anybody, right, So when Silent said, oh, we would have run the plane with you. He said, babe, please, like, no, like you, I want you to actually win. And if I want you to win, I would not selfishly tell you to pick me out of all these other women who were more prepared than I am. If I had done, if I had prepared, then it'd be like okay, bet, Because honestly, I was like, this man is gonna win it. So like if I want to get the bag of money, yeah, let him take me. Let him pick love over everything he goes and take me to the finish line. So and I we saw, you know, we've seen players like there'd be someone stronger than the other, and and and pairs they work dynamically, and so like I've been to a final and I was like, you just never know, I might be able to turn it on. I've been working out at that point. He had been like training me and all that stuff. So I was like, Okay, I might be ready to go. But like, I don't feel good saying yeah, protect me at all costs because I just respect the game too much and know that I didn't do the work before coming in here to set him up for failure.
Speaker 1: Right, So you feel like Jordan's sort of had that saint like it made it clicked for you, that perhaps that's why it clicked.
Speaker 4: But I wanted him to tell it. I wanted him to tell me the truth, and he didn't. And so like in that moment when you see us on a couch where I said, hey, yo, so I just want to let you know, cause here's the thing, he could have been like, Sis, now you know right, you ain't on it now that the game has changed and the target it's not about the target thing. And we're not on eras anymore, and we're not on the same team. You're not insulated in the same way this. I'm here for that money. Like the first conversation me and Jordan Hart had, I sid, Damn, you don't really be partying with us? He said partying. He said, I'm here to take all of y'all's money, and I thought that was the most gangster line ever ever aired. But he said it with his feet up, and I was like, Damn, he's for real too, Like that's just how he moves, and so I know what assignment he's on. And I would never be delusional in expecting him to. I would just not anybody that I fucked with and I knew where I ranked in terms of my ability to win one of these type of finals. I would never expect them to choose me when I look at everybody, all the other strong women that were better prepared. I just want him to tell me the truth. And like that part was like what do you think I'm gonna do? Like I'm not the old Naya that's gonna like, you know, freak out and you know, get kicked off the show. Like just tell me so that I can figure out what my new options are because you know, and then in the same breath, I'll be completely honest. Like at that point it was Neamiyah, Kylan and Corey for me anyway. But I just wanted him to tell me the truth because I'm sensitive about Jordan, and it's like I can handle the truth. I'm a different I'm not the same girl, little immature girl that I used to be where you couldn't tell her the suth or she's freak out. So like that part was just kind of corny to me. But like other than that, I wasn't. I didn't. I didn't sleep over it, Like I knew what time it was as soon as TJ said, take off your air of jerseys and put on these all black chirts. I'm like, I'm on bor all time. I'm not. I'm have to figure this out on my own.
Speaker 1: I love that. I mean, I don't love that, but I totally relate to I get it. I totally get it. We want to Yeah, go ahead, day no?
Speaker 2: Because it was a chaotic episode, right everybody was speaking up saying how they felt, causing chaos, freaking, havoc, all of the things. I was surprised by Rachel, okay, because Rachel had some choice words for you in the episode also, and I want to know what your response.
Speaker 3: How did that come? Like, what was the deal with you and Rachel?
Speaker 4: So in a previous episode, me and Jordan, our team had won and we sent in Tina and Durell, and the only option to not save Tana Darrell was Nea Maya and Avive, and Aviv gets saved by default because me and Maya is my number one in this game and damn near in life. Like me and this dude are so locked in on a level where it's like if you're close to us, you know, so, like I understood that she kind of wasn't maybe privy to the depth of me and the and Maya's relationship. But it's like this is a man where it's like the average time span and when we talk on the phone is two hours wow, and it's every week and it's been like that for the last three years. And it's like he comes to la he sees you when I if I pull up to whoever, bump fuck the town? What do they living? Okay?
Speaker 1: See, okay, make it the Kansas City holl You will get kicked off this podcast in M MF. And it's it. I may live in New York now, but I am Cacy for life.
Speaker 4: Roll it back. Bye, bad, my bad, my bad, susato what I mean? Like I that's my brother, Like I can't even and so like the thing is, everybody in the house came to understand it, and they weren't stripping off of it, but Rachel was and she wouldn't let it go. Really the part that bothered me. Everybody in the house had a number one someone who was off limits. We saw it with Avery and Derek. We saw it with Laurel and Jordan, We saw it with Torri and Jordan. When I did it, it was a problem to her. It was a problem to Tina, and she wouldn't let it go. What she did was she went to her closest allies in the house and says she hadn't bendetta against me, and she's gonna stop it nothing to get me and me and my out, which to me, I thought it was hilarious because I'm like, now she's playing an emotional game, because why are you worried about little o me? You should take me to the final night? Smoke my shit, right if you're smart. But you're so upset that I chose my best friend in the game over a woman who is not even like in my top ten twenty of best female friends. I love Tina to death, like, don't get me wrong, I fuck with her heavy, but she is delusional in her thinking that I would ever pick her over Niamiah, especially when wait, let's just take let's just take the fact that Neami is my brother. I owe derell one after he made me his first target. No matter how you paint it, if there's if there's if there's another scenario where Neamyah's not the guy and then the other guy attached to you with somebody that I'm working with. Okay, fine, you get saved, but not in this scenario. And I just didn't like that I was being punished for doing what everybody else was doing, which was saving their friends, but when I did it, it was apparently criminal. And so she has she had energy to focus on me and getting me and Niamiyah, and that part I just thought was whack because she didn't need to do that, Like she is such a freaking stud her former athlete, like she is on the mount much more. I am in awe of Rachel in every facet like of just I could. I could literally go down the list of why I'm inspired by her. So I just thought it was really whack that she was was making this emotional decision to come at me over something that everybody else in the game had permission to do. That was lame to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is weird that she would target that so hard. I mean, although I just wonder if it's inspired by the fact that Tina went in, Like I wonder if that's really just see I don't know, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, it was it was obviously she felt like she was doing it for Tina. But I'm like, if that's the case, then I'm gonna have to go and check Tina, because it's like, what is our what is our friendship? Because if you would tell your friend on the way out it's a gun for me, then that's a problem. Right then are we really friends? Because like I thought, me and Tina, she left saying no hard feelings, literally hugged me in the arena she eliminated. She said no hard feelings on her way into the elimination. Which one is it? Like? Right, do you understand the move that I had to make or do you not? And would you be willing to disregard what I've said that I have to do, and that is to honor my brother in the game, who is higher the totem pole than you, that you would tell your homegirl on the way out, YO, get her out of here. If you would do that, then that's corny. I don't I don't have any proof. I don't think that Tina would do it. But I'm like, what was what inspired Rachel to do that? Right? Because you YouTube, somebody said something to her like.
Speaker 3: YouTube have been having it back and forth.
Speaker 2: Will had a back and forth on Twitter lengthy, but it seemed like I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how to really put it.
Speaker 2: It didn't seem like you guys were angry with each other. It seemed like you were explaining yourself, and she was more so like, it is what it is next time I see you, basically in the sense of the challenge, the game, it's on site.
Speaker 3: That's what I got from you.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just I don't I don't even like give it that much attention because it's like I just first of all, I just live in the light these days. But also I have exhausted myself at explaining this to Tina at length outside of the show on the phone for hours, and it's weird because it's like I need you to decide either you fuck with me or you don't, because I can't do anything other than tell you the truth, which has been the same story since the day I came and delivered the dudes and said you're going in says yeah, like there's nothing you No matter how long we talk about this, my stance will never change. Now I feel like you were disrespecting me by making me explain it to you a hundred times, because I would never do that to you. I would never do that to her. I would accept it, understand the reality of it, and move on and say, you know what, I played a hell of a game. I didn't win in the elimination, like that's why me, like whatever, but like she needed need to explain it to her over and over and over again, over again, over again, and then if she did it on Twitter, and it's like you are now what I because every time I talk to her, every time the conversation ends, she says, I'm not mad, she says I understand, and then for whatever reason, she wakes up and it's like she just control all the de lead of the conversation we had before, and she's mad again, and like I don't know if it's just that's just who she is. Again. That also proves that I don't know her that well. I love her, but I don't know how she is, how she operates emotionally. Because once I say I'm done with it, I'm done with it. You don't have to worry about me waking up and like having amnesia. It's just like I don't know. It was exhausting, and I hate it that she took it to Twitter because she had my phone number, and then she tried to call me after that and I said, no, we'll talk about it on the reunion, since you wanted to bring it on the public stage, we'll do it there too. We're I'm not picking up the phone and talking about this again because you now have regarded every no, no, I don't know, like I love Tina so much that I will love her from afar if that is what is required, because I also do require my respect. You to respect me.
Speaker 1: Of course, right of course, And that's on standards and boundaries very much.
Speaker 4: Boundaries, yep.
Speaker 1: Now, Sis, I have to ask you this with love. What boundary were you setting with the math equations and the elimination because okay, walk us through, walk it. Okay, So you show up, you see these boxes. Are you feeling good about it? Are you feeling oh crap about it? Are you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm not even gonna lie to you. Even though it was math, which is like my krids and I I was feeling really good. And this is why Michelle proclaimed the whole season that she was trash at math also, So I'm like, okay, at least I know I'm not going up against a whiz, because if it's a wiz or someone who's even mildly openly confident about it. I'm they're gonna smoke me. But the fact that I knew I could smell it on her that there was this she was afraid, I'm like, oh, there's a lot of hope here. And then with the boxes, I'm way bigger than her and stronger than her and can lift a heavier load. So I'm like, okay, this is an equalizer game, whether people realize it or not. All I have to do. I don't know what type of math they're gonna give us, but I'm hoping it's four times four.
Speaker 1: What kind of math was it that it?
Speaker 4: Girl? It was No. It was my worst nightmare. Because mind you, I did start trying to practice the math at the end of the like towards the end of the season, Sadoku all that stuff, because I'm like, hey, this is cute. I might end up in a final like he because I just like was still there. And so I was doing my part to like practice math and had the boys tutoring me or whatever. And so when I saw the compound math problems, I'm like, what, Okay. So it wasn't even like little stuff. It'd be like seven hundred and thirty five divided by one hundred and ten minus this or that it or it would be like five hundred times twenty five minus one hundred. It was just like layers to it.
Speaker 1: Did you use pim dice.
Speaker 4: Not pim dic? What is that? Please? Excuse you use?
Speaker 1: Please exact parentheses? Xponent, multiplication, division, addition, attraction.
Speaker 4: Listen? Do you know what I do when I need to know the answer to anything math related? Do you know what I do? I say, Hey, Siri, what is yo? I don't even have time to pull out a cal I'm going straight to Google.
Speaker 3: There were gonna tell you every time?
Speaker 4: Wait, why is theory on my other phone? Just start talking to me. When I said that, that's larious because she used.
Speaker 1: To you calling her right.
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Here she go, here she go. Okay, So so the math problems fair? All right? It caught you off guard. We see two very different strategies, which I thought was so interesting. Where Michelle right is like doing a couple math problems then taking a few boxes, and you've seen dead set on doing all the math problems first and taking the other boxes. Why did you fight so hard?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Tell us, tell us what happened?
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's the thing we both started on the outer side where the crowd could see us, and we both had two math problems. On that side. Me and her finished those math poms at the same time, and I was shocked. I'm like, did you know math? Like how something?
Speaker 1: You doing this right now?
Speaker 4: I was literally like whoa, Like how did I get the answer? Because I was just free balling it. But I think it was because I was composed, I was calm, and when I got to the other side. What changed immediately was I heard her move her chains and that my brain shut off because I didn't realize that you could move the chains and before you had all the math problems finished. I saw you had to finish all the maths and then you can be the change something. Wait a minute, did she just immediately solve the other two problems? And like now she's done? So at that point, I couldn't add my own hands together, like it was over with, Like I my brain completely shut off, and I'm just like holy shit, so like and I just remember, like I was like, cause you you know, it's happening in slow motion and she's going and I'm hearing the crowd saying what are you doing? No, I R what are you doing, like move even because they can't see me. Now now I'm stuck behind the boxes that moved to the other side, and I just felt it slipping away. But again, remember what I said about how I had composure on the other side and I was able to do something that I normally would never be good at and figure out this like compound math. The minute I lost composure because I heard her moving the chains, it was over with.
Speaker 1: Did you hear them shouting at you to move? Because we see and obviously you know that like there's in an actual elimination, you can't hear everything, like you know, like you can hear some things, we can't hear everything, but what we see them is eventually telling you, like, you know, take a break, like move some boxes and then come back. You'll take a break, move some box.
Speaker 4: I didn't even hear it. Honestly, I had already told myself that you can't do anything. You can't unhook these and drag them across the arena until you finish the math. And so even though they were saying that people were offering advice, I, you know, very wrongly was under the impression that it didn't matter. I thought I knew the rules and they didn't. I'm like, they don't realize, they don't realize that I can start and can't do this. So I was just kind of like, nah, you better, you better figure something out, like you better just take a deep breath. And I kept starting the math come over and over and over again. And the wildest part is apparently somebody said you had the right past as you were putting it in the wrong block, oh man, because they could see me, so they could see and they're just like, she has it, but she's just she's so flustered that she's just sitting there putting it in the same like, try another lot, but I just I didn't do that. But I will say this, when I started moving the boxes, I remember just being like, oh my god, like truly, And Michelle is a freaking badass. And this is not taken away from her. Win she kicked my ass. But I thought if I would have started moving boxes and given my brain a break and then allowed myself to move them faster than her, because let's be real, I would have like, just I had more manpower than she did. Yeah, And if I would have gone back to it and in those runs back and forth, transferring the boxes. I would have built my confidence, I would have been more composed. There is an absolute chance that I beat her in that one. Yeah, and so I just I love like I love that moment for me. And again, let me please preface this was saying she kicked my ass. She was supposed to win. Thank god she did, because when I saw what was happening in the next episode, I'm like, yeah, no, not trying to be a part of that a mini final, but it was everything for me as a learning lesson, you know, number one, like all the preparation that matters before you come to a challenge, and too like composure, m h. I felt like so many of my fumbles and so many of my errors this season were unforced because of just the lack complete lack of composure. When TJ Blue the horn, yeah and.
Speaker 1: So everything yeah, like that game, so much of it, like so much of it is mind over everything, Like if you have control of your mind, you've already made it three quarters of the way through this show.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, And that is my biggest takeaway. Corey is who put it in my head in my first elimination when I tripped over my own feet and like put in Amanda's ball on her play put it in the thing, and obviously I've won that one by the skin of my teeth. But he when we got back to the house and said, Naya, you've got to find composure, he goes, you terrify all of these women. Yeah, whether they admit it or not, they don't want to lose to you for their own ego or whatever. But also like you're just a You just don't have the composure at all. And he's like, you have to find it. And for the most part, I did not during the season at all, but I do acknowledge in defeat that is something that I absolutely have to have packed in my bags before if I were to ever do another one of these again, Like I have to have it from day one, from the first whistle like period, and that's something that I have to work on, you know, the in the off season.
Speaker 1: I say this with love the same way we were speaking about THEO you too, are you not just physically, mentally, emotionally are built to go the distance here? You just have to pack up your tools when you come back next season to make sure that you're implementing them all to get there. Heck, I say it about myself sometimes I just know I'm not going to the gym like that. So it is what it is. And I'm older now, but you you know, and not everyone can say that. Some people have to work kind of twice as hard. But really, if you put in even any of the work and stay out of Josh or Kayland or whomever else, you know, yeah, girl, now.
Speaker 4: You're right, and listen. I receive that. And again, it's just like the only real opponent that I have is me, and I've spent my whole life I was always the agent of chaos and self sabotage. Like had all the favor, had all the favor, had all the natural skill set, the talent, the charisma, the personality, all the things, but I would find a way to fuck it all up by getting in my own way. And so like I as you've seen in recent years, it's like I refuse to do that anymore. Like, yeah, I don't have to be Hurricane Nya. I don't have to turn up on nobody. I don't have to like go to like low blows and do vile things and like hurt people. It's like I can stand up for myself I can call people in their shit, but I could do it in a way that I still feel like I could sleep well well at night and be proud of how I handle myself. And I also need to do that same growth with in other areas and like the mental, mental, physical preparation for this, and I think also it really just was down to figuring out what is my why because I still don't. Damn.
Speaker 1: Th hmmm, that's interesting, you know what, Naya.
Speaker 2: I have to say this one thing I can say about you, and I appreciate it is every single time we see you and when we talk to you, cause I think this is my second time interviewing you on a podcast, not when I've seen you like in life, but on the pod.
Speaker 3: You are so committed to being better than you were yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's like.
Speaker 2: Your personal mission to continuously grow and not just grow to say that I've grown, but grown, grow and learn from who you were yesterday. You take accountability, you admit when you were wrong, like you just you you you're growing, and I think that it's so encouraging for other people. It should be encouraging for other people. And I just want to give you your flowers on them because we don't see that, especially in these circles.
Speaker 3: We don't see that. Guys just want to give your flowers on that.
Speaker 4: But I received that, Thank you guys truly, and I think that that is what my story will be in this is that you can you can evolve, you can change for the better. You can say hey, I need help or like this, I'm the common denominator of my problems. And I don't want to be the person that walks into a room and people walk out, you know, like I want people to feel safe around me. And like I didn't realize that what I was doing wasn't funny. I was actually really hurting people and it's like, Okay, there's something wrong internally here, and like I need professional help, Like trying to figure this out on my own is not working. And then also if you know the family that I come from, it was shameful because I knew better. I had the most perfect upbringing. I couldnot be more proud of my older sister, my mother, my father, like the lineage that I come from. So to just go through life acting a fool because life had allowed me to do that, it was like I want to honor my last name and my mother and father and like where I come from. So it was like, okay, this it just wasn't cool anymore. It wasn't it wasn't as funny as I thought. It was, so like I had to do the work, you know, outside of the show, and I didn't think I would ever get called again. So I wasn't doing the work because I wanted to get pulled back into this, Like I was so at peace with never coming back, and I found a career that I loved and something I was proud to do. But I'm glad that at least people were able to see that sort of redemption arc not from a vanity purpose, because I don't need people to realize that I'm a better person. I'm a good person. I know that I am. It's not for that, but if I inspired somebody else to change for the better and to like learn to do the right thing and to walk away from things that don't serve them and to handle themselves differently than like, like even just seeing me and Avery together, people are like, what is that even? So was that fight even real? I'm like, yeah, that sh it was real, Like we got to kill each other, but we healed we forgave get. We left space for time for each of us to, you know, like have space to do that, and like I can't. When I see clips, old clips of like the things that I did back in the day, it's I don't I know this sounds really cliche, but I don't recognize who that person is. Like, I know, it looks like Naya, it looks like me, it sounds like me, but that version of me died, yeah, and so like I just don't have any attachment to it. So it's like it's it's not even funny to me anymore. It's like people send me thish it all the time, and I'm like, I mean, I get it, but it's like that version of me does not exist at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So and I'm happy. I'm proud that that version of me died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is just like like Day said, it's beautiful to see. And I think, you know, you spoke about how people can grow, and I think it's a thing where every living thing is either growing or dying. So all of us it's either we're putting in the work to just grow and be better. Not perfect, because no one is, but constantly, like as we move through life. You should be learning something new, you should be challenging yourself. And I also think that's one thing that challengers don't always get credit for. It is like, yes, we're doing this to secure the bag, blah blah blah, and their egos involved in all the things. But also this show often pushes people beyond their comfort zones and it's a beautiful opportunity to be able to live that out loud. But in general, everyone should be striving to be better, to learn something new, do something new, do something different, And it is beautiful to see that in you, Naya. And so you know you can go ahead and send Day and I Ladies of Leisure shirt.
Speaker 4: Very much.
Speaker 1: But I also want to see you work out and win a season. Y. Yes, we want to see you work out. We want to see you come back. Don't get distracted by those boys. Your journey starts today, Naya, for the next season. So if we want to follow along with your journey. For those who aren't already following you, where can they find you? On socials?
Speaker 4: Very simple? The real Naya More that's spelled n I A M O O R E on everything. Now I'm so glad you hang out guys so much, like it is such an honor to have been invited because like spend time with you guys a fellowship over this season.
Speaker 1: Love that so much. Thank you for making time to come on the podcast too.
Speaker 4: Of course my pleasure. And thank you guys again for giving me the space to do this. But you know, mama's got a few dates fined up, so I got a calldie's man to figure out who in Spain is they can be all the dinner.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, I love having Nia on just so much fun.
Speaker 1: I love that she just there's like no filter, but there's all self awareness also, which just makes it a whole vibe. It makes it so much fun. I hope that everyone listening took away some things from that interview as well. Day if they want to take away some things from the growth in your life, where can they find you on social.
Speaker 2: Oh, be encouraged, because you can find me at church telling you how to get right with the Lord. But you can also find me on all the socials at davone, Diane underscore where I'm also gonna be telling you to get right with the lor Devin. Where gonna people find you on the socials of the media.
Speaker 1: You can find me on devinsmone dot com go to my website, done with the weismo with an I dot com. You can also find me on Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, occasionally Amazon Live. We're doing some fun games over there now too, So if you go to if you just Google Amazon and then Devin Simone like liarly, that Google Search Mike page will come up, So just click the follow button there and also just want to shout out to all of the suite. There are some challengers who left some really sweet comments regarding Brooklyn, the real world dog my dog Rookie, who passed away this month, So thank you all for that and I want to dedicate this episode to Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Come on, Brooklyn all.
Speaker 2: We want to thank you guys for joining us for another episode of MTV's Official Challenge podcast. And remember tell all your fellow Challenge fans to listen. Listen, all listen, listen, and make sure I leave us a five star review on Apple and Spotify.
Speaker 1: And of course join us every Thursday to hear brand new episodes of MTV's Official Challenge Podcast, available wherever you get your.
Speaker 2: Podcasts, and let the roll of Dix people hear it too.
Speaker 1: Paramount podcasts