Speaker 1: Welcome into Ravens Press Pass. Today we'll hear from head coach John Harball, past game coordinator and secondary coach Chris Hewitt, wide receiver Nelson Agalore, and safety Kyle Hamilton. Let's start with head coach John Harball.
Speaker 2: Okay, good to see everybody. Appreciate everybody being here. A really good day to day, exciting, exciting day. Guys who were into it practiced really hard on point for the vast most part. Certainly things to work on improve on, but I feel great about the mindset, the attitude, the effort, and we have a lot of good players out there who are playing well and learning our system and getting better every day. So what questions you have John?
Speaker 3: About quick the first time the wide vs had one on ones today?
Speaker 4: How we watching?
Speaker 2: I d no, I wasn't there. I was over at the rundrew. So I'll let you know tomorrow or whenever I see it on tape.
Speaker 4: How to look very competitive? Good? Is that it?
Speaker 2: That's the all time record?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He came back out.
Speaker 4: Yeah he's okay.
Speaker 3: Did you have any up? Yeah, it's an ankle.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be a long term ankle, you know, be a I don't know, maybe a week. I don't know, we'll see somewhere that range, you know. I don't hold me to it though, but it's not a long.
Speaker 3: Term Dealdale is still getting ramped up and turns up to the reps. O'dale is he still getting ramped up and turns to the reps and gets.
Speaker 2: A team right well, I mean I think O'Dell will be all the way till the first game, you know, and even beyond that. Uh, he has a good plan and a good pace. But uh, he practiced well today again, made numerous plays out there, So I thought all the receivers did a nice job, good practice passing game. Keith continues to take steps forward. So these guys are doing a good job left.
Speaker 5: Paper because he's still playing the gaps can do it back.
Speaker 2: We're going by day right now, like we have a priority right now in terms of a depth chart. By day then we'll flip guys dire for reps, and then another day or two it may change a little bit and we'll try some guys in some different spots. That'll probably go on for minimum of a week more and then we'll kind of work from there, probably.
Speaker 3: Borrow something that camp every we played in the Week two.
Speaker 4: I mean, how claefully we monitor that because.
Speaker 3: That's you get er not really at all.
Speaker 2: Right now, you know, we're not preparing for for the Bengals at this point. We're just we're focusing on ourselves, trying to get our installs in and become as good as we could be at what we do. And then when we get closer to those games, we'll start thinking about that stuff.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk to Kyle have let's say, just for a DC can g instransition to different pas.
Speaker 2: Do a great job?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, it's safety.
Speaker 2: So he's obviously playing back a lot more than he played at Dime or Nickel last year.
Speaker 3: But he looks good.
Speaker 2: I think those two guys are both playing well together back there, and I'm excited for it.
Speaker 5: Loan Nelson Adlar so much to talk about n Say and.
Speaker 4: OBJ this preseason, his training camp.
Speaker 5: You've seen from Agal this offseason.
Speaker 3: Well, probably the same things you saw.
Speaker 2: He made numerous plays the last two days, right, He's played plays on the ball. I've been really I like his rout running. You know, he's done a nice job, especially it's man coverage, some outs and some crossing routes. He's gotten himself ping on. So he's doing very well. Well said great, Thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Next we'll hear from new wide receiver Nelson Agalore.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you've adjusted your team new offense and you feel comfortable in the system.
Speaker 4: I feel good, feel really good.
Speaker 6: Uh, you know, honestly, really good coaching staff and quality teammates that make it easy to adjust.
Speaker 3: I gotta impact you makes this receiver real, Misada vass like yourself. What kind of attact you think you could have on this office?
Speaker 6: Well, I think, for one, I could be a good teammate, you know, do my job as a pro, show up, work hard, and add that aspect to it.
Speaker 3: And in parts of my game, you know, to have speed and have some experience as a good thing. What a pot Coming into the day, it felt right. It just felt right.
Speaker 6: I mean a lot of things aligned the right way, but it felt right. And then ever since I've been here, I think the number one thing is the family atmosphere.
Speaker 3: I feel at home. I feel comfortable, which allows me to be myself and play fast. John Ship many times.
Speaker 4: Over in the Offinson Nelson's here, He's working out.
Speaker 7: He just was talking about basically plaints being got in Baltimore's important.
Speaker 2: Here that if you up here in the person president kind.
Speaker 6: Of along the road here side, Yeah, I mean whole new offense, a new home, a place I wanted to be comfortable then as soon as we got here starting the season, So why not take advantage of the opportunity of OTA is to get better.
Speaker 3: The talent at the.
Speaker 5: Wide receiver position on this team.
Speaker 3: How is that going to benefit of you on the field?
Speaker 5: You know, maybe opponents may be overlooking you and another guy or or other guys, and then what do you think about, you know, when you're on the field and just the talent in this room.
Speaker 6: I think we're a very you know, talented group that has to continue to work hard and prepare to perform. And then as it goes for the other teams we play against, I think, you know, they have to defend us all that's the most important thing and for us, we just got to make our plays when our numbers called.
Speaker 8: Dawson, what's it been like working with lebar to this point and kind of what's your thoughts on him now prepared to what it was before you got to play.
Speaker 2: With them up close.
Speaker 3: You know from Afar, you know you always you see Lamar.
Speaker 6: You know he's dynamic, but when you play with him, you start to get inside of his understanding of the game, how he sees things, you know, the whise to certain throws, you know, the reasoning, and also how he sees route running. And I've been very impressed by his understanding and his dialogue. The type of conversation we have is been very impressed. If you know, he's in his fifth year or sixth year, I mean, he's not a ten year vet, but he leads and has conversations like a very very seasoned guy.
Speaker 3: So that's something I'm grateful for.
Speaker 4: That's not stay touchdowns, the game, subtractices.
Speaker 3: He's going numbers, couples, whining and mental in.
Speaker 6: Eighty six and say telling you three, I mean my job, my focus is if my number is called and I get opportunity to take advantage of him, you know, and that's important.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 6: That's all I can say. It's important to take advantage opportunities because the quarterback gives you opportunity, trusts you, and you want to keep his trust.
Speaker 5: It's been assay first year, I place.
Speaker 3: A stay of the course.
Speaker 6: I think the best thing about him is he's so electric and he's very confident who he is.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not about being perfect, but confident who he is. Great speed, you know, he worked hard.
Speaker 6: I just you know, stay the course and let the chips fall they may. I think he's gonna have a great season.
Speaker 4: That said Lamar and me is like in the league when he asking you have example this stuff?
Speaker 3: He got the dialogue.
Speaker 6: When you have conversations with quarterbacks about what they see techniques from DBS leverages, why the balls placed here or there? It takes a guy that's seeing enough tape and throwing enough balls to tell you his why. So that's a very experienced and seasoned thing from a quarterback like Lamar's at one.
Speaker 3: Moment that stands out to ue.
Speaker 4: Where's talking about?
Speaker 3: We we have them all the time. We just had moments today.
Speaker 6: You know, there's no bad rep whether it's a completion or not. If we have an explanation of what you see and what you saw what I was doing, then we got better. You know, whether it's a you guys see a completion or incompletion. I feel like we grow from conversation that's also a rep.
Speaker 2: That'd look just for a little movie from.
Speaker 4: The starts for movie.
Speaker 6: Man, I want to have fun and you know, performing year nine and get better is there's nothing to it?
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: I I feel happy, I'm a part of something special, do my job and uh and truly just have some fun playing football.
Speaker 4: Three years it's supports. What a stuff that to you?
Speaker 2: Doubt that familiarizing.
Speaker 4: Yourself as.
Speaker 6: Uh Monk's system is a It's a quality system. It's not about it being easy. It's about the people that are teaching it. He's done a really good job of explaining information to us. You know, our receiver coaches have done a really good job of teaching us the information and you know, and it's it's going the right way.
Speaker 3: We're just getting better.
Speaker 6: And I want to be as versatile as possible. So I want to learn every spot and I'm getting better. I don't have it all down. I'm just getting better and growing with its back up.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Can you ask that again? This receiver group stack ups of the best.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: You know, I think we're we're working towards our uh you know, peak of explosiveness.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say we're there yet.
Speaker 6: This exact group, So it's hard for me to judge that, but I think that we have an opportunity to be explosive and we're gonna work on it and we'll be on the same page. And you know, reps after reps after reps, and then I think by season the picture Bill of Claire.
Speaker 2: How well did you know Delph before he got here, and how was it gonna describe his personality in the room and in the field.
Speaker 6: Uh I, I mean, I've always been a fan of Odell from Afar. You know, we played each other while he was in New York and I was in Philly. And obviously, you know, he always shows love. That's one of the greatest things about him as a player is despite his level of stardom, he's always been so humble to show love to all his peers. And what I love about him being here is the humility and the family like type energy he's brought to this environment. He's a team guy. You know, He's always there for us. He talks to us, he shows loves, he gives affection. Not only does he want to make his play, he celebrates other people making big plays. And that's a special quality from a guy with that, you know, type of stardom and that type of you know, notoriety in this league.
Speaker 3: So I'm grateful to have a teammate like him.
Speaker 8: From from a football since what does he draw that stood out to you.
Speaker 6: I'm he's a competitor. I mean you you see him out there. He has great size, great speed, unbelievable hands. He can get the ball from up top.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: I just love him as a route runner too, And and he's just getting better you think about it, he was a year off and just still getting better, you know.
Speaker 3: And I'm happy to have him.
Speaker 1: Appreciate, appreciate y'all.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 1: Next up, safety Kyle Hamilton.
Speaker 7: I mean that's the goal, ultimately Pro Bowl, Super Bowl all that. I think top to bottom, where if not the deepest team in the NFL from offense, defense, special teams all that. And I feel like everybody on the field is like I might like a Pro Bowl practice every day because just look around. It's just guys everywhere. But I mean, yeah, I have high expecation for myself, for the team, and I feel like we can make all of them come true.
Speaker 3: N what does their energy a more brothing to trying to bring out you know, in the defense, a Dolls kind of play runs.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean for the offense, I can understand how it'd be annoying hearing them all the time because they both have very distinct voices and talk NonStop.
Speaker 4: But for us, it gets us going.
Speaker 7: I mean when we have days where you know, it's a dog days of camp and guys are feeling a little sluggish, those are two of the many guys that get us going. And one big play and just big energy guys and uh guys like ro Kwon, pek q, Daff Mattabik. Everybody's it's contagious on the defense, and it's pretty easy to find the auto man out who you.
Speaker 2: Enjoyed covering em, So who gets your ju to score?
Speaker 7: And when you see them, I mean everybody on that side, I mean it's easy answers Mark. I mean, he's one of the best, if not the best position in the league, and I see why on a day to day basis, But even guys like Zay, like getting able to tackle Zay in open field or just being positioned, there's not a lot of guys in the league who can stop and start like he can. So it helps us in the secondary come down and tackle uh like Isaiah likely is another tight end who offers things that are completely different to Mark and to change up and and then to the receivers like dude super fast.
Speaker 4: Odell has just got full package everything.
Speaker 7: So you get everything that you could possibly look for in the offense on our side of the ball every day.
Speaker 4: So I think we're being compared pretty well.
Speaker 1: Onel.
Speaker 4: What you know about preparing year that you can do do go left us. It's seasons long.
Speaker 7: It's a long year, and whoever's hitting their stride later in the season is who's gonna ultimately come out on top. It's easy to go through ebbs and flows throughout the season and going to two game win streak and then two game losing streak, and it's kind of the story of your season. And depending on how you bounce back from losses or how you build on wins, just it's gonna determine how you end up in February. So hopefully we can be the strongest team and peak next early next year.
Speaker 3: And Mark's ways interchangeably at times you might still be up to full lines, She'll be up a little.
Speaker 2: How does that flexibility help you with the defense and then affect your partnership.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it helps because I think we both offer a lot of things that we both do pretty well, whether that be playing in the post, being rangy, or being able to come down and hit. I don't think there's necessarily like a free or strong safety when it comes to us. I think we're both pretty interchangeable, interchangeable when it comes to that, so kind of keep the quarterback on his toes because he doesn't know who's gonna be playing, what, who's gonna be blitzing, who's gonna be covering all that kind of stuff. So I think it helps to have that kind of dynamic feel to our room. And I think from top to bottom, maybe like Daryl Worley and Gino Stone, guys like that, our Darius Washington, everybody's pretty versatile in our room, and our dB coaches always preach he used to be able to play every position in.
Speaker 4: The secondary, So I think we kind of lived by that.
Speaker 3: I feel he's training any last year, what do you think, you know, where.
Speaker 4: Do you think here's this?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean Zay coming in last year.
Speaker 7: He just kind of even from rookie minicamp, we just kind of looked different than everybody else, just being out on the field, the way he moves at his size.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: But from last year to this year, I can just tell its confidence. Uh, it's gone up a lot. I mean, he proved himself last year that he can produce in this league and the offense is getting in more looks and stuff like that, more touches deservedly so so uh, hopefully we'll be able to make that into a big oportunity for himself, and I'm pretty sure that it will.
Speaker 8: It's a good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean twenty twenty what year is it, twenty twenty three, twenty twenty three, and twenty twenty two. At this time, I feel like are two complete different people. Just mentally, I'm making a lot of checks, a lot of calls back there, and it's kind of cool, like having guys like Rokwon and Patrick looking for me for checks and stuff like that and being able to give it to them confidently.
Speaker 4: It's a big difference from.
Speaker 7: Last year, and I feel like that was the biggest step that I've taken, not even physically, just mentally being able to lead out there.
Speaker 4: With calls and checks and stuff like that. You don't playing a little bit more, you getting and being able to more of a play.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think being in that role I was last year, like being a nickel, I think it helps now because now we have that card in our back pocket if you need to play it. But right now, like you said, I've been playing safety and uh, it's helped me a lot just being able to play this position at this level. And like I said, playing against these guys every day doesn't get much better than this. And I think I've been prepared very well for the season right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, we'll finish today's press conferences with past game coordinator and secondary coach Chris hewittticality.
Speaker 3: That things got helped same.
Speaker 8: Time. A physical I mean that's part of the game, right, That's that's that's what we talk about, Raven DNA. We talk about guys being physical, and that's at every level of our defense, whether that's the corners, safeties, everybody's going to wants to be physical, right, So we want guys, especially at the corner position, we're going to put hands on people of disrupted timing. And then when it comes to the the ball being run or we're out in space, we're gonna be physical and tackling. That's that's that's regardless of wherever we have out there, we got we got guys that are gonna be physical.
Speaker 6: Look at ball on the day, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, well, how do you think that who takes gets?
Speaker 5: You think that kind of a history when you.
Speaker 8: Look at it like, that's the thing that jumps out to bas That's definitely what he is. He's definitely a physical corner. He's an old school guy. He can play like. He's got that mentality that he's a you know, linebacker mentality. He's coming up when he wants to hit, he's punching the ball out.
Speaker 4: I mean you got to you.
Speaker 8: Gotta be on point wherever wherever Marlin's at because he's you know, great blitzer.
Speaker 3: You know, he's a total package. He's got the speed, power, he's got all of.
Speaker 2: That and the things we live a little now, that's.
Speaker 5: Competition and what stet out.
Speaker 8: Well right now, like I said, right now, we got Marlin, he solidified himself as as one of the corners. And then we got Rock who's right now he's got the nod but jelling armor Davis, he's pushing him as well.
Speaker 3: You know, I look for big things from him coming up.
Speaker 8: But it's gonna be a competition throughout the whole whole training camp and we'll find out who comes out of him right now. And he's in particular start out to making plays. That's that's what we're gonna be greater on. And that's what those guys are being great and on. They gotta be able to make make plays when it counts.
Speaker 4: We'll play for rope before he got here and since.
Speaker 8: But he's a lot like my thing is, I want guys that are being a physical and that's what Rob bring. He said, bring to the table. He's a physical corner. Okay, he's gonna come up. He's gonna tackle and punches at the ball. But he's playing in a different system. He's been you know, cover three, covered two type corner. He hasn't played a whole bunch of men and all the multiple coverages is that we play. So there's a little bit of learning curve for him right now. But he's getting he's getting there.
Speaker 4: Enjoyed is he's getting more reps now.
Speaker 1: His health.
Speaker 3: His second year, he's climbing all right. Every day.
Speaker 8: Every day is a new day, and we want to make make make sure that every day he comes out, he's on point, and he's he's doing all the things that that we're asking him to do, and great out, you know, in a positive and not the negative. We find these guys every time they have a negative play, so positive plays and we'll see what happens at the end of the camp.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 8: You know last year, you know, Chuck had the green dot, and Chuck was the guy that was doing all the communicating, and you know, he was just.
Speaker 3: Following Chuck's lead.
Speaker 8: Now this year, he's he's got to be the guy that's got to run the run, run the back end, get everybody lined up. And it's not that he couldn't do it. He could always do it. And he's a very vocal guy and getting everybody all on the same page. And he's done a great job so far.
Speaker 6: Christ can you.
Speaker 7: See seeing stories that guy helping kind of position.
Speaker 1: Back there or hear one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, brand Brandon is a guy.
Speaker 8: He's he's a utility knife. Brandon's played pretty much every position and in the back end. He's played corner, he's played Nickeola's played diame, and he's played safety and he will continue to keeping us him in that inh in that aspect to try to get him on the field.
Speaker 3: You know, matchups.
Speaker 8: You know, our our thing here is where we use guys that they're interchangeable parts. So you know, wherever we see fit that we get the best matchup with him. That's who've put him.
Speaker 1: Talk about matchups, reel hesitated film on the guys where you can playing matchups doesn't have one value.
Speaker 8: It doesn't have to be one guy.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of guys that you've seen.
Speaker 8: Last year we had we had Kyle playing at the nickel position as well, So we got a lot of guys that we can use and put it in there. But as of right now, it is an open competition and we've got you know, Pep, we got Arthur, we got a d H, Kyle Marlin, we got a lot of guys that can go in there. Even Jailer could go and go play play nickels. So it's all all about what who comes out of there right now. It's a competition.
Speaker 4: The order to see during attend to the next levels the schedule with you know.
Speaker 8: He's a he's a veteran and you know he's he's he's picked up on the defense really fast. And along with that, he's a guy who's again he's physical. Uh, he's a he's a great communicator. He stays ahead of the play. Uh, he sees formations, calls it out, you know, veteran player. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Chris, Kyle was just an act that guys ever be found there in the slot.
Speaker 4: Last year and doing back putting a factor of.
Speaker 8: Back and nes and that that works to win that I'm sorry, one more time.
Speaker 4: Runners enough to be a factor in that race, considering how important last year.
Speaker 8: As far as the run defense is concerned, right, nobody runs the ball on the ball on the Baltimore Raves and we want to be top notch when it comes to that. But with Kyle, he's gonna be in multiple positions. He's gonna play back and he will play up as well. So it's just a matter of him getting comfortable playing back there in the chemistry with Marcus. So that's where he's at right now, being comfortable with the communication with with Marcus and playing off each other. And as we go throughout camp will assess where we want to use him and best suited to l to play. Where have you seen the most growth from year one year two the most growth. He knows the defense, there's there's he doesn't he like you know. Earlier in the year he had a lot of growing pains, so he's ahead of the plays. This year, he's ahead of the formations down in distance and knows how to play now. So we'll see big things from Kyla. I expect this guy to be a Pro Bowl type player this year.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for listening to Ravens Press Pass. Make sure you're subscribed to leave a rating and review for us, and if you haven't done so already, make sure you're also subscribed to the Lounge. I'm Ryan Mink and we'll be back with you tomorrow