Speaker 1: We're flame shame.
Speaker 2: If you watch the Coffee Time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my ro Flame. Come in with last and come in with Jim Love loundes. Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage.
Speaker 3: What's up tips?
Speaker 2: Yeah you know she raised shin towns on I'm speaking to the grown a second, we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna last cut up and kicking in at again.
Speaker 2: We leave it with just a lifted spirits. Think you want to revisit so your first second listen, yo, folks, so you smitch, oh folks that we dig it? Goodkin, No fish, do what you do? Tang no this, do what you do?
Speaker 1: Cag Nope, this do what I do? Know this? Please she we we.
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to this week's episode of Laughing Learned. Do y'all know that we are on episode number fifty one. I thought this was the last episode. We have one more to go by the cliff, and we made it through the season three and we were reassured that we are at season four because we just need the breakfast Club on Tuesday. I guess at air tomorrow when we get to at a minute. But we want to thank you listeners for you know, listening here and subscribing city, your questions to Bobby, just rolling with us throughout this especially throughout this political year, because this political year is going to be a monumental in our lives for one reason or another. I ain't gonna say it's gonna be the best day. I ain't gonna say it's gonna be the worst day, but it's damn show gonna be life changing for a lot of us. So that's why we still put And here's the thing, Bobby, I'm proud of you, Bobby, let me tell you that a hearing, because here's the thing. We are not gossip, we are not sex, we are not who's fighting and ratchet, and we're not the most popular. But the fact that we have enough listeners to keep us to a season four because they are interested in what we have to say as two American citizens. Because Bobby Clifford is an Irish Catholic Caucasian, a single mother of one, and I am a Black American African father's single or transgend the father of three. But what we have in common besides being parents, is that we are both Americans and we realize that, which means that we have to live here together. Y'all ain't realize that, chip, But thank you guys, because y'all did this because I could have seen it. Okay, we're done because we are not the most popular show, but because we have enough people who have common sense knowledge, who want to hear what we have to say and want to agree and or disagree because everybody does not agree. Shit helped Bobby. Me and Bobby don't always agree, but I'll fight Bobby. I ain't scared of her.
Speaker 3: Over and crunch it.
Speaker 4: I go caring. I go caring on Bobby. And because we have this relationship, we want you to see that it's not only is it a healing process, but people sometimes people just like people, not because of color, are scared, but people just like people. So we hope we're teaching that. We're reaching you guys. Bobby, what you think? I think? So?
Speaker 3: I hope? So yeah, I mean, I hope we do. I think we do because people do. Even during your coffee time, they'll ask questions that maybe something we've discussed before, but no, it makes it fun and and the learned part is real. It's not just we're trying to teach something or keep you informed. We're learning from each other as well. So and I think that's important. I think that's the key to life, is always wanting to learn and improve.
Speaker 4: Okay, Bobby, this would not let me go, would actually even get started with at least one or two.
Speaker 3: Oh, for the love of God, that's.
Speaker 4: Not what they want to hear. That's not the word, dear.
Speaker 3: I'll give you a few icons on when we're doing our when we're doing.
Speaker 4: Our thing, how need you put that white on it? Bobby, it needs to be put the white on it. Don't be doing it all dry. Slow put that.
Speaker 3: Trust me. We have to talk about Trump. We've got a few things that will have me absolutely slabbergasted. So it's it's common. Stay tuned.
Speaker 4: So this week, Lazil was a very exciting week. Bobby and I met and Aaron we all met up in New York and we did the Sherry Shepherd Show together. We all went. I got a picture of it. I posted on Instagram and you got my monro flame back page back and it's a picture of me, Bobby, And here I got to send that to you and Eron personally too, and we were all sitting on the couch and it was our team. It's our little team, our little laugh and learned family that we break you every week. So now you'll be able to put a face to a name and bigger that better than that season four we were starting. We would do video visual from here, so Aaron is going to record it so you can see us as we're going back and forth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I think that I'm excited for that too, because we do we see each other so that you guys know, but it'll be nice for you guys to be able to do it as well. Yeah, I'm excited. Jesus. The picture flame, I could poke you in the eyeball. It's like every inch of me. The camera didn't miss, like it couldn't come from the outer side, so it didn't all have to focus on sad.
Speaker 4: Ass ladies and gentlemen, because y'all, please tell my co host that she's a beautiful woman, because I was the what the hell she'd be looking in the mirror to see? I think Bobby got one of those circus mirrors at home that tells me she's not pretty because I was, I'm gonna come to your house and I'm gonna crack that damn mirror.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I know I have a circus ass, like like a bunch of little men will jump out of it at the size of it. I gotta working on that.
Speaker 4: That was a very small couch and me, you and Hearn said on there comfortably. Anyway, that was a lot better than damn seats I had on airlines yesterday. Anyway, we had a great time I had. It was such a wonderful expires with went to Sheery Show. It was Sherry Shepherd's birthday, heavy birthday, Sherry Shepherd. She just got picked up a season three starting in September. Everybody but had the scenes. The producer John Murray, the makeup artist, uh, the producer of my segment, mister Patrick Hesby was so pleasant and so nice. Yeah, but we met Candy Birds, and Candy Birds was just the real deal piece of steel, y'all. She was so far her and her lovely husband, mister Todd, they were so cool and everybody meant Bobby hearing behind the scenes was so chill and I love I would love to bring people in to see all of that. But some things. I think you just have to be there something.
Speaker 3: Right, I know, Yeah, absolutely. And when I tell you flame fangirled out on Candy I did.
Speaker 4: I did because I was a fan of Candy's. I already remember when I hosted TG I F that week and they had something about kid. I said, I'm not gonna talk about I love me some Candy Bird. And then to get to meet her and she was such a kind and pleasant woman and we sang together. Oh. I thought I was doing something, y'all, even that night. And then that night we went to Comedy and Harlem. My boy Jamie and his lovely wife Nikki owned the Comedy and Harlem. Unfortunately, if that was their last Monday there, they're looking for another location and they do have a GoFundMe, which I will post on my Instagram and my Facebook page and my TikTok and my YouTube, So y'all make sure y'all go for me. It was a black on club and the energy in the room, Bobby will tell you it was a Yeah, it was so wonderful.
Speaker 3: He's very respectful and he I think he treats his talent very well. You know, we were listening to a live once and everybody had nothing but nice things to say about him.
Speaker 4: So yeah, really yes, And all the staff that were so pleasant and black folks, I'm talking to y'all, you know, we can have our own business, had a danciest attitude. But I promise you nothing could be further from the troops of the people who work from Jamie. Everybody was so pleasant and so kind. And now Rolanda watched the legend herself of Rolanda watch from the talk show and the idea of the comedy show there with Jamie together and we had the best time. We did like a Q and a port. I think the q A portion was more fun than anything. And it was so great. It was I'm telling you, it was just And then next morning we woke up and we did the breakfast club. So Jamie went with us, the owner of Comedy in Harlem, and Bobby Clipping went and we sat in there and we just we had a conversation. I'm not sure what they they're going to hear it, but it was pretty nice. And Bobby met somebody what was that young man's name, Bobby.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a few people, And I had no idea Tank someone knew Tank. He was absolutely lovely, got a big hug. He was adorable. And then who is the Who's the one that was in the arm room with the waters? I had to get a.
Speaker 4: Water and he was hurt. Bobby. Bobby met in the La chopper.
Speaker 3: It's he said, hello, ma'am. I think he thought I was his principal coming to collect him. I crabbed your one, very respectful. The whole group. He came heavy in that room and everybody was very swash. They all said hello, like nobody ignored. All I wanted was the water behind him. I just needed them to move aside, and he did. He was a dog didn't But I never felt so white or old got I didn't know a goddamn soul in that building.
Speaker 4: I couldn't because well, wait a minute, before you say all of that, let me tell you what we have in common. I know that man from a can of paint. But when I told my daughters that that he was there, baby, I almost got attacked.
Speaker 3: He didn't take no picture.
Speaker 4: I'm like, who is I don't know them? Oh honey, So he's very he's a very handsome young man too, but he's quite Yes, baby, my daughter's almost beat my ass, I ain't gonna like. I'm like, girl, I don't know who that was, and they like it was like Stevie Wonders, comebody, I don't do that. They like it was like Johnny Gill my mind.
Speaker 5: I don't know him, no clue, but he was His mother taught him right because he was very respect like, he's very sweet, which I always pick up when people are polite, because I think a lot of these young people today aren't so polite.
Speaker 3: And he was lovely. So and we had so much fun. And Jess was so cute. You were you were kicking it with her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was so. It was actually first physical encounter. I had never met it, but we had text making pull up on the phone and everything. And she was such a lovely young woman. She's so tiny. Oh my god, she has.
Speaker 3: To put her feet on because she's so low.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't know if you could see that.
Speaker 3: I had the angle and I couldn't believe Envy was so tall. He's tall, like does tall slim drink drink of water? He was, he was lovely. He was lovely as well. And Charlemagne's eyes are absolutely gorgeous in person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, Charlomagne. Charlamagne is a mess. Let me tell y'all something. Y'all know. We didn't have it out, but we headed out because that's how we do. But the show should be fun. I hope by it will air probably on Friday, but y'all make sure y'all watch it. And we had a great time. Charlomagne, thank you for season four Black of Peic Network, Dolly Bishop, who else will Pearson? Thank you, guys. I appreciate it. Me and Bobby gonna do our best to make sure that we keep people in the loop and end the know and as much as we know about this political scam of scheme that's going on in this country because it is good and bad and ugly. That's what that's what we should call an episode one the good the bad, and I don't even know what the good is, but this damn bad and ugly is winning.
Speaker 3: It's the truth, I think it was the title of the book should be distractions, which is which is your word? And then each chapter could be one of those things. Because they have us focus on the most ridiculous, stupid stop, including this trial, which we'll get to this particular trial, and we're not focusing on the big stuff. So a little disappointing, but.
Speaker 4: But oh no, very a very wonderful week for promotion. And before we get off the topic, Bobby, this Friday and Saturday tomorrow two day the twenty six and twenty seven, I will be at Twice as Funny Comedy Lounge in Colleen, Texas. Get your tickets on the website or at the box office. When I tell you, if I'm anything Friday night and Saturday night, like I was Monday night, Colean, y'all in trouble, Baby, y'all in trouble because I was talking more shit than it all out Monday night. It was.
Speaker 3: But no, it was good and people were They had a real back and forth with you. It was it was a lot of fun to watch.
Speaker 4: So I will be but I'm gonna do my set on Friday. Saiday, but I'm gonna be fun. We're gonna have a great time. So you guys, get you come out and get the fans. Thank you for all the people who purchase fans and just have a great time with me, because that's what I am. I am a good time. Okay, Now we got to get into this week's episode because we got one more episode and we will be a season four because me and Bobby, if they have a whole damn conversation, will never make it to the damn.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but you know I want to start out with actually a positive because so much of this is not going to be fun as we go through. And I actually want to ask you a question I didn't get to ask you while we were together in New York. Did you see there was a news clip about It was in Saint Paul and there was an elderly gentleman that was on the highway hit a pole. I don't know if he had some sort of medical emergency. Anyway, the car went into flames, and a whole group of passers by and bystanders broke into that flaming car, got his body out. A nurse had stopped and they were helping him until the rescue team could come. And I thought, what a brave group of people. So many people might have just gone by, figuring they couldn't get any couldn't couldn't do anything, And he's only alive because they actually broke into the car because he was trapped. And I thought that was pretty impressive.
Speaker 4: See, those are the unwritten heroes that you don't hear about. You don't hear about those every day. And it's a lot of people that are heroes like that that you, yes, you never know about.
Speaker 3: They just do the right thing right, Yeah, and they Isn't that what it is about me?
Speaker 4: Even with the whole Bible and all the commandments or whatever rules you have to go back for whatever religion you practice, I think it's instilled in you that you know the difference between right and wrong. I think you just know that. It's like a biological car. You just know that. But tell people just don't know how to do right. Yeah, I might be one of them. I don't know how to do right.
Speaker 3: No, that's not true. That's not true at all.
Speaker 4: Don't even I was looking like a damn done. I was all covered up from her.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you a friend. My mom said, Oh, she looked lovely, but oh the girls, oh, and I said, oh my god, if you only know she thought she was completely covered up.
Speaker 4: Oh girls, the girls said, I'm blanket all the way up to the nose.
Speaker 3: Like a Yeah, I know, but that that cleavage was peeking out a little bit. So I got that dress was super sexy, Nora.
Speaker 4: I think it was put the bra on. I don't think they would have been.
Speaker 3: Peekaboo, I know, but it looked tonight, like if you just gave you enough and it held you in the in the dress. I think. I think the route you went was great. You looked you absolutely looked terrific. Yeah, you're the cutest one on the show, I thought that.
Speaker 4: Time, hmm, outside of Cheery because she got the biggest chick, so she was the cute one. I know, Yeah she did. It was her birthday, so you guys, and she's the whole way to season three. We like to see people. We in over here. Okay, Bobby, let's get to it. Let's get to it, and let's get around it.
Speaker 3: Okay. So now the next one's going to be kind of a warning to people. It was something I read that I found a little interesting. It was a study that had come out from Ohio State University and it said, and I thought, I wonder if this is post pandemic or just in general. It says that nearly two thirds of parents feel lonely and burned out, and nearly forty percent feel they have no support and what the therapist who had worked on this study said that keeping busy doesn't replace friendships. So you got to reach out. So anybody, if there's somebody here feeling like they need a little help, reach out to a pal. Don't keep it inside, and don't overstuff your activities either, because that's not helping, it's just adding to the problem.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the correct answer, like Bobby said, was please reach out to somebody that you could talk to that's gonna make you feel good about yourself. Don't call nobody that's negative and the downside and gonna make you feel worse than you already in the situation that you are. But the fun side is call Bobby. Clifford. Steve could talk to you for six days straight.
Speaker 3: I am working on it. I told you my name is Bobby.
Speaker 4: To all your problems and tell you all use and tell you everybody, baby that Bobby would call Bobby. She had definitely talk to you for about six days. Now I stop.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but but I'm interested and I love.
Speaker 4: You all she does, Baby, she gonna tell you that too. Good.
Speaker 3: God, oh my god, but you know what what has been I think we we'll start off we'll like really start off one of the hard topics with it, because I'm just I just can't believe what's happening with it is the college protests. Oh my god, the college protests.
Speaker 4: It's happening all over the country. To Bobby, we were.
Speaker 3: Right in in with it. I mean, we had the Columbia University. We had n yu n yu uh that they were throwing uh bottles at police, which is not what a not what a peaceful protest is supposed to be. I think that they're still negotiating with Columbia after days of them having an encampment, and these are pro Palestinian protests, which there's nothing wrong with that, But there were two sides to every story. And I think if, especially if I was a mom, a Jewish mom, sending my kid paying the same tuition, I feel like my kid needs to he needs to be able to do his studies and to be able to feel safe as well. So I just hope people are looking at both sides of this coin here, which is so complicated, steeped in hundreds of years of history, and we gotta we're gonna do better, kids. We got to do batter again.
Speaker 4: We're praying for all the innercy were involved in these protests, and I am not let me tell you why. I don't want to speak about it, and I really do have strong feelings about it from both sides. But the LGBT community fight fighting against me was one thing. The Jewish community fight against me absolutely not. I got nothing to say, and I'm not blaming either side. I just I feel so bad for all the casualties, the children that separated from their families, the dads that's going to lose their lives, no reason for just being a man in a war zone. I feel bad on both sides because, let me tell them, even though Russia struck first, I'm sure there were plenty of Russian citizens that did not want a war, but they had no say so because they had no say so because they dictated did with exactly what he wanted to do, which is back when I get back to Trump, they dictated did exactly what he wanted to do. He didn't care about nobody else. But so okay, okay, let me come back, let me come back.
Speaker 3: I don't but no, it's it's true and and something the only sort of ray of hope. But I don't even know, if you can call this the ray of hope that I saw that's been going on with in the Israel and Palestinian war is there is a young man that has dual citizen, Chef Hirsch Goldberg, Poland, and he has been missing since October seventh, and the last image that his parents had of him was his him being put into a vehicle with his seven arm because he got caught and he got caught with shrapnel by a grenade, I believe, and they actually just saw him Hamas put out some sort of piece of propaganda that had him with the seven arm. They also admitted to having they have four bodies, so there are four people we don't know who they are that didn't make it, but at least they're holding their bodies so the families might get some sort of some sort of closure, So you know, that's the only good thing.
Speaker 4: And I saw that he was he's been in captivity for two hundred one day. That his mother father had the two or one on their shirt. But so his arm being steven, was that not true?
Speaker 3: No, it was he they threw a grenade at him and they blew his arm. Uh yeah, and then they took him and throw them. Yeah, they took him and throw them into a vehicle. He's had no medical, medical help, and somehow he survived. So if you don't want to talk about God's will there, there's something there or his will. But but he survived. So that's pretty pretty amazing. What I wish that we would talk about and what these college kids aren't talking about. So it's so disappointing to me. It's the hostages. So they're talking about Palestine and okay, and it's awful for these poor people living in guys, the Palestinians, But it's humas that's that's starving them. What about the what about the hostages? Kids? Just make sure that you're balanced on both sides and you you know you're not being swayed.
Speaker 4: And this is what I'm saying, Bobby, especially when it comes down to affairs of politics and religion and identity. Now, everybody has their own way of seeing doing things, but the powers that be are causing so much uproar to the innocence because so many innocents that just want to live their life happily, but they caught up with somebody else's wall. And that's what it always means with somebody else's war. I'm sorry, y'all, I'm raling. How do you know cheerios in the background that was me. That was me.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's so funny. I don't have mine here, but I'm doing the multi grain tonight. That's going to be my dinner. So so anyway, that's I mean, I don't have too much more to say with that, but keep keep the talk about the hostygenes that that's what we've got to get them home or get them out from. I'm like, this poor kid, he needs medical care, for the love of God.
Speaker 4: As a pir as a parent, I know the parents seeing him and after not you know, know what was happening to him all this time, right, I know it was like the way that the world was lifted off in their shoulders.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sure. I think it's their only child, so I you know, I know it's their only son. I think it may be their only child. And you know, and and what's hard about all these protests and whatnot, is is the time of year, right, so it's happy pasa it is it's passover, and and some of these people just didn't they're not finding any peace. And that's what it's supposed to be.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, let me let me ask for my ignorant listeners, including myself.
Speaker 3: So pasa is it? I believe it's just Yiddish for a passover, So happy pasa.
Speaker 4: That's okay, laugh and learn. See you just got be something, Bobby Clipper, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: But don't say more about that, okay.
Speaker 4: But I was asking phenology for myself with my other listeners who we learned something today, you guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and and it's celebrated from I think it was April twenty second it started and it ends April thirtieth, so.
Speaker 4: I know something was going on with the Jewish community. Remember why I say, Graham, I didn't have boy head the young because I say I wanted to pull a man out. But man, that heroin just called the week.
Speaker 3: That's a they were. What they were doing is they were all picking up their their loved ones right before it started. So they must have all gone to the airport pick up family and whatnot. That's that's my guess. Uh, you know, because it's a big it's more it's a it's a more fun holiday, we'll say. Whereas Russia shan Or and Yam Kapoor about you know, looking back at your sins and all that. It's heavy stuff and fasting. And let me tell you that Jewish people can fast like nobody's business. Us Catholics, we we McDonald's fast. We do our slim fast fast. We do one sensible meal and two snacks. They eat nothing. They're like the Muslims during Ramadan and nothing touches their lips. That is so impressive to me. I'd be having one eyes all open.
Speaker 4: My version, my version of fashion is I'm not gonna eat that third piece of chicken. Okay, that fourie chicken.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's fine, too so, and that's why I look like this. But yeah, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 4: Eat that fifth piece of bacon. It's just on my plate for decoration.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not. Yeah with the bacon. You just that's a systety. The funnier talking about Jewish people anyway.
Speaker 4: But listen, f where we're going, Bobby, Wait a minute, Wait a minute. I'm sorry. Press all involved in these wars, you know, and I'm telling you, if you don't think that it is affecting us, it really is affecting us. Because if one country and I said this last week. I will keep saying this because I need you to hear me. If one country pull out nukes, everybody has to pull out nukes. It is scary for all of us, which means that you have to know who are you putting in position of this power to have these nuclear codes, because if they having a bad day, everybody has to suffer for their bad day. Again, I ain't giving out no names. We'll pay attention. Shit, Okay, but what are we going back?
Speaker 3: No? But but you're onto something because it's so true. And that's why that's why Israel has been our ally in such a strong ally, because they have kept Iran in check and they're willing to be the first one, first line of defense because Iran has has nukes, so it keeps us sake.
Speaker 4: So we so so too by Americans.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'm not not saying that. I'm saying they're still going to work if they're pointed in this direction.
Speaker 4: We told our own weapons of mass destruction too. Oh yeah, girl, don't get me started, because don't get me started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll be like they have a homing device and they come on room and we don't need that. But that's why we support these countries. That's why we have allies, that's why we have the UN you know, you know the foreign staff. Politics is super hard, but there's a reason we're not just giving out money to give out money. We're doing it to keep ourselves safe. People just I don't think they understand that enough and keep speaking about keeping safe. Did you see. I'm sort of outraged by this. I don't know how to feel. We have a lot of a lot of nonsense that's been going on in schools, shootings and whatnot. But Tennessee passed a bill tuesday allowing teachers to be armed in the classroom.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, oh Bobby, okay. So to my listeners, I feel a certain kind of way about this, and this is not joking at all. Being a teacher in America right now, it's probably the most dangerous job in the country. I'm just I have to say that publicly cause because the temperament of these youngsters now is there is no respect for a righte coat, or for a professor or a teacher, a clergyman or no one. And that's not all of them, but that's a lot of our fault, not my generation, but up under me, because they let these kids run wild and there is no respect to person, and you see they kill everybody without thinking about it. It's such a catch twenty two to the bobby because then you need to know is the teacher scary? Because you know, I always say stop giving cowards guns, because if you give a coward a gun, you just give them the power to kill, but not the responsibility of knowing what the hell they are doing. Talking that down, So I don't think every teacher should have one. I don't know if I agree with it on one aspect, but as a parent who has a kid in school, I kind of do. I'm on the fence, Bobby, I'm on the pens needs you to break the tie.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you I'm not and I'll tell you. So the requirements, I feel like we have to give those two so we're doing like full reporting of what's going on. But they have to get to carry permit, they have to have a background check, they have to go through you know, X amount, and I don't know what the ex is, hours of training, and there are some other other requirements. They can carry it on their hip in the classroom. I don't know if that's intimidating to kids, it would be to me. Under this measure, though, parents wouldn't be allowed to know whether their child's teacher has a gun or not. I don't like that as a parent. I want to know if my kid's in what if? No, it's K through twelve, And you know just as well as I do, there are eleventh in twelfth graders that are big, strapping people that could overpower a teacher and get that weapon if they if they were fighting with little Johnny. I don't know. I it's one thing if they if they could have it in the classroom and the bullets have to be locked and the gun has to be locked, but they can carry it right on their hip. I don't know. I don't. I don't like it at all because I think it's it's it's too much, you know. I think it's can lead to disaster, and I don't like that.
Speaker 4: Uh, And there are so many scenarios, Bobby and I don't know they have they actually root on that or is that just up for debate.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's passed. It's waiting for Governor Bill Lee to for his signature.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, unfortunately, if it passes, all that's going to take is one incident to shut it down, but that will still be somebody's life, probably somebody, unfortunately. But if it doesn't pass, who's protecting these teachers. It is such a sketchy topic because a lot of these teachers are doing more than just teaching your kids, y'all sending these kids to school for them to be babysit with no respect, with no respect.
Speaker 3: Well then now, and the other thing is, just like any workplace, people cannot get along. I don't need two teachers shooting it out in the hallway like the Okay Corral.
Speaker 4: I never even thought about that, Bobby, You're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: I don't like that.
Speaker 4: Or I disgrunt a teacher, you know, not doing their job of the par and then they get terminated and they already got the gun at work. They ain't got to go get the gun. They already got the gun. Oh my god, I've never even thought about those scenarios. Oh, you're right, you're absolutely correct. I would say I would prefer them hiring harm guys. But we see how that worked out in Uvalde.
Speaker 3: Well that was like get actual. I wouldn't mind that. I don't know if we can afford it. You know, if some communities because it we'll go by the community, so they'd have to come up with extra people, extra manpower. I wouldn't mind there being like two teachers, I mean to police assigned to every school. But you know who's got those kind of taxes, tax dollars, you know, we need them on the streets. So I don't know guards like I want someone that's actually actually trained. I don't want, you know, Joe Schmoe who, like you say, like someone just looking to be a hero and strapping a strapping a gun on thinking they're great. Years ago, I used to drive an ambulance and we used to have these wannabes, Oh my god, flame. They'd have leather gloves, they'd have all this equipment that looked like guns on their hips, so they felt kind of cool. I don't need one of those running around the school with a with a weapon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if yeah, that is, that is going to that's going to cause more civil unrest because that's going to be really dangerous. There's so many scenarios that could happen with that, and I hate if it's one victim, it's one too many. So prayers to all that oh, I need my daughter harry up and get the hell out of school. I know. Okay, what are we going next?
Speaker 3: So speaking about daughters, we might as well do reproductive rights. We'll talk about the girls. Talk about the girls. So I President Biden this week just put some sort of new rule in that HIPPA. It will come into place, the Healthcare Portability Act. I'm missing a I'm missing something there. It was put in a ninety six by Ted Kennedy. Uh and there was a there was a female. They gout a Kansas senator that did it with him. Is for people who are going across borders for to get an abortion, that their medical records can't be obtained by anybody or looked at. So because that's how how would you know if somebody got an abortion if you have no access to get into their medical record. So he's trying to go about it kind of coming in the back door. So I sort of like that. The Arizona Health of Representatives failed to advance the repeal of the one hundred and sixty year old abortion band. So I don't know how to feel about that either. We're sort of a mess. We've got to we've got to fix things. It's making it more and more complicated for for women.
Speaker 4: And let me ask you a question, because even though you're a woman of a certain age, how do you feel about telling somebody telling you what you can and can I do with your body? And I know you're a Catholic, and I know you're a Catholic, and I still want to know how you feel, and I want to know genuinely how you feel.
Speaker 3: I am pro choice for We've talked about this before. I'm pro choice for everybody but me. For me, I'm pro life. But I don't want to tell somebody telling me what to do. And I don't feel that I have the right because that just because I believe that life might start at conception, I can't put that belief on somebody else. I don't. I think we should mind each other's business.
Speaker 4: Yes, I am stand it. I am telling you right now, I am challenging all women. That's whether you've got a universe or not. Did you hear Mammy just say she would like to own what she wants on about her body. It's really not your business. But I'm telling you right now, y'all keep looking at all this negative that they're putting out about biting all this stuff like it's happening under his watch. A lot of this stuff was instigated by a former administration. A lot of this stuff was instigated by the whether when wild in office or while seeking office, a lot of this was instigated. And y'all giving up all y'all rights. And I'm speaking to my transistors right now, because if they take the rights away from women at nine o'clock, they gonna take the rights away from us at nine to five. They ain't gonna take them a whole another day. And I mean, they gonna take away our hormone therapy, our rite to dress as girls and with women's clothing, your idea. They are gonna strip every right that you can. Y'all always think I'm against us. I'm not transphobic or trend or homophobic. I'm bullshitophobic. And the distractions are they doing everything and all they can to keep us separated from each other, to hate on each other as a community. That's whether it's the LGBT communitial anywhere else. Look at all these wars and all this stuff they completely are remove, moving a machine where we're not paying attention because we're too busy fighting with each other. We better fix this ship or we're gonna be in trouble. And when we y'all better vote right. I'm telling you all right, Biden may be old, but Biden is a human. I think that other one AI. You can't get away with all ship that he has done and not be human. I think that one is AI. Because baby, it's scared.
Speaker 3: It's true. He was down. He was down in try and Trump's jumping around this this past week he was president. Biden was down in Florida because they have more restrictive rules that are in place, and so you know, he's trying to galvanize voters against against abortion and try to move things along. I think that I think the reproductive right issue might sway some people. You know, they're real Bible thumpers. There are certain areas there, but I think I don't know. I think the woman I am one hundred percent on with you, that women could could sway this this vote. And it's it's not that you have to agree about it. Do you want someone telling you?
Speaker 4: And well, you know how, and look, okay at the part of me that is a woman. Don't like nobody tell me what to do? And most women I know don't like nobody is to include their husbands, all their mamas. Don't tell me what to do, So listen. If you don't want somebody to tell you what to do, you better I'm telling you what to do right now. Get dad, get your ass to the pole, and vote blue for Biden. Yes, Biden needs a second term to finish fixing what was broken when he got in the White House. This first one he's mending fishiness with our allies. This next one he's gonna start doing real change. I believe that y'all not scared about it. Y'all worried about Kamala Harris. But as long as Mike has a great cabinet, we're gonna have a great country being ran because that's what it's going to take. So damn it. Put it to the side of ladies, women with the units. So without this is on us. This is on us.
Speaker 3: It's true, and I want everybody to think about about this. Everybody that's in Biden's cabinet right now. Of course there are personnel changes for everybody that have moved, but everybody's there right now is willing and able and going to come back if he gets in for a second term. I don't think that Trump can say that about two people in his old cabinet. I think they're trying to distance and so, including his kids, at least his daughter, they are not coming. They're not coming for him. So what does that tell you?
Speaker 4: That's very true. By that, it speaks volume. So the choice is I was the choices they make it. They paint that picture of how you wanted to see. But y'all have short term memory, because a year ago he was bragging how he's sent single handedly overturning roversus way. But now he's backtracking and slip slide. That's not only in that he's going to backtrack and slip side and everything he promised you.
Speaker 3: It's true, and it's not even a year. I heard him this year in calendar year twenty twenty four, and I don't know if it was in February he said that he had he's the one that that forced Roby Wade. And then all of a sudden, you're exactly right. Within so many weeks when after he made that, his polls had kind of changed, you know, he felt a different way. And let me tell you the polls that are out there, they are starting to flip some of them. There are four different poles. Two of them have Biden as up, two of them have Trump as up, and his numbers were we'll say ten before and now they're down to like three. So there is a shift happening. But we just we just have to we just have to stick with it. And again, we might feel very differently if there was a different, a different Republican candidate, but unfortunately this is what we have on both sides. So we are far from anti GOP. We're just anti this particular candidate.
Speaker 4: And listen, I'm with the whole third party system. Just like the next week, I swear I wish this country had a third party. I hate one of these candidates. The president sitting or the former president are my choices. But one is my option because I only have the option of two. If we wanted a third party on day one when President Biden got in office, y'all should have got real serious about that and really pushed that and we would probably be at a place to where it could be taken seriously. But at this moment, we are at the eleventh hour, almost to the finished land. You got two options, the orange old man or the old man, it's nobody else.
Speaker 3: It's really true. And even what when you vote, I really think about what you want because we're not even just talking about the presidential votes. See if you're happy with the people in your area and what they're actually doing for you, because a lot of us are voting for new congressmen and senators. If your senator is sitting on has took us. I'm using my Jewish words, since it's it's Passover and they're doing nothing for you and they're not working. Remember, this Congress has done the least of all of the congresses in history. It was only one other had that. I think we have like forty five bills that have put in and the next wellest one I can't remember. I don't know if it was under Truman, but they did like three hundred and ten Are you kidding me? So we're not even close. So we're really the worst. So think about think about who you vote for and what you want your home to.
Speaker 4: Look like, if if you're going to have a home.
Speaker 3: So that's the next subject. So speaking of wah wah wah, great segue. The homeless crisis. So the Oregon has been has put forth a case about homelessness. The homeless in Oregon feel that they have a right to camp out in parks, and I feel also two different ways about this, because I think we have a terrible crisis and I feel badly, but I also think parks are for all people and we shouldn't necessarily they shouldn't be designated to do just the homeless. I think we have to do better in other areas. I don't know if they're going to if they're going to make their way, because the little that I've seen for the Supreme Court, it seems like they're going to leave it up to the local areas, the states, the towns to make their own rules. But they're under the premise of the Eighth Amendment, which is cruel and unusual punishment, and I don't think this meets that criteria. I don't know what you think.
Speaker 4: I'm really starting to have an issue with all these individual states being to make all their own laws because that is going to lead to some persecution that we don't even want.
Speaker 3: Well, you're going to have You're going to have states that are heavily populated, like Massachusetts and California because they voted it one way, and then you'll have states that won't be as much because nobody's going to want to live in them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's what I'm saying. I don't know about like all of that. But as far as wow, so many people home, it's because it's not only mental illness that causes homeless. The economy here, and it has been building up. I'm not saying it's on the Biden's watch. It is bad now, but stuff is expensive now. But uh, Trump inherited a good economy and in four years he broke it. He in four years he broke it. In four years, he burned it up for.
Speaker 3: Us, for middle for the middle people, not for the We want to make sure, you know, the wealthy got wealthier in some ways. We want that because the idea is, although we're seeing trickle down economics doesn't actually work. It's supposed to trickle but they're supposed to spend money that helps the help the rest of us. But that doesn't seem to be happening. But I think we need to really pay attention.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not in the city in Boston here a whole lot you know, I live. I live just above it, you know, because now I'm working remotely right. So I'm not I'm not in the city, but I was in the city with you flame in New York and we saw we saw quite a few people on benches is and you know, it broke my heart. Are walking around with like their blankets on their on their shoulders, and I got it was it was super sad. We've got to Just like the immigration issue, which the can has sort of been kicked down, I feel like the homeless crisis is almost the same because it's uncomfortable and the two sides can't meet. So that with this, the Democrats, especially the progressive ones, will want to give away the store, and the Republicans, the far right mega, you know, people won't necessarily want to give anything at all, so they I think they just they just push it down, push it down, push it down. But to jig us up, we've got to get some of the stuff resolved.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have to because we're living in too much hall and everything there and people just you know, but as much as you see people not liking each other, I love that. Bobby and I Monday night we went to comedy in Harlem and Bobby is uh was probably the cream of the call because it may have been one other white person in there, and Bobby, Bobby chit chatted with everybody. She felt safe, she felt welcome. And this is what I'm saying. We gotta stop seeing what we want to see in people and just see the person for who they are. Bobby, I never asked you, but you never looked like you was if you moved around like you knew everybody in the place. So this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's sort of who I am. Like, I don't, I wasn't. The one thing I got was funny. There were a couple of comedians that were on and they have they would have like these white jokes and then they would look.
Speaker 4: Over me, Oh that was Oh that was Friday, that was Sunday night.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, any saying the white people and he looked over at the one white lady sitting there. But but yeah, no, not at all. Well that's and I'm gonna give We're gonna go back to Jamie, right. So I think the people they absolutely were love like if but Jamie keeps that type of atmosphere, like he makes everybody feel welcome and safe.
Speaker 4: But my point was I thought everybody should be able to go in something with some other club or some other establishment and be the cream or the or the or the chocolate and coffee and have a great time and feel safe.
Speaker 3: Yep, absolutely no, they were. Actually everybody that was there was lovely. Everybody was we're crazy about you and yeah, no, it was a great group. That's my point. But you're exactly right. I've never so I've been there a couple of times and I've never felt uncomfortable. I felt very comfortable. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, Now can we get America to be like that? Can we get America to be comfortable that that's gonna be the day of the ever? So can we get America to be We are go because I want to talk about the eternal flame that never burns out in DC. But since we're bringing up the word flames, where were we going? Bobby?
Speaker 3: Okay, So we'll do. But I don't want to fit, so we'll do. We'll go to the Trump trial and then we'll do. Well, just do a quick quick update on the foreign aid piece. How does that sound?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Good?
Speaker 3: Okay, So opening statements were made with Trump's With Trump's case, he looked like he was falling asleep a little bit. But I guess he said to people that he was praying bless his hash. They have their full twelve person jury and six alternates, which is really great, so they're kind of moving. It's going rapidly, which I think maybe Trump is probably a little a little shocked with. There are several key people, key witnesses that came from his cabinet. What one I thought was hysterical. So, I mean, this, really, we know this case everybody is really about documents and payments, and but we're calling it the hush money right with the porn star. And I think the funniest thing is the first person, the first witness was the National ar Inquirer owner Pecker, the Pecker and porn Star. They talk about an unseemly case. They had him up because he has supposedly he is. He quashed some stories that were gonna come and then he would plant stories against Trump's opponents, so you know, and that sort of spoke to the whole hushmany kind of kind of deal. So that's what's going on. And then the part that you were just talking about some poor sick person. And I'm sure Trump's going to try to somehow take credit for it, but it wasn't about Trump let themselves on fire. Did you see that? He threw all sorts of documents like flyers out. His friends have said that his his name was Maxwell Zarello. By the way, he was thirty seven, and they said he was brilliant. He was very compassionate and kind, but he was troubled. And it wasn't over Trump or Biden. It was about sort of where we're at. It was about the corruption and in what's going on right now. I don't know how he saw it playing he was going to get anywhere with that, but that's what he did.
Speaker 4: Yeah. First of all, prayers to him. But let me tell you something. The only thing I can respect about that whole situation. At least he only did it to himself, because there's so many others that go out here and do it. Yeah, fifteen to twenty other people. And I'm sad that he did that because I was raised only if you commission U said, you're going straight to hell. He got, he got a prequel on how hot it's going to be when he gets there. But at least he only hurt himself because so many others hurt so many other innocent people. That is sad.
Speaker 3: I know, I was like, I got you, you were getting a little clumped my other Jewish word. I know if I would up through the screen and give you the heinmeluck.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, I'm not proud of this. Let me tell you something. I'm not nobody who and I know that's the old monks. The monks used to do that and protest, get themselves on fire. I'm trying to figure out what what the significance does that it ain changed on.
Speaker 3: He has to be mentally ill flamed, he had to be really mentally ill. You know his friends, any of that it was around him, they were like shocked. They couldn't. They thought it was they had the wrong person. They said he was troubled and he he had like these conspiracy things. What I wonder is is because he was kind of a loner, I wonder if he had like schizophrenia or like he just kind of went to diagnosed or whatnot, or didn't take his meds. Like you know, they're not talking about that right now.
Speaker 4: That you know that, you know that I old adage Bobby, you worked in a medical profession for you, I still do. There is a very there's the line between genius and Lewency is a Peeks hair spin.
Speaker 3: That's That's exactly, and that's what I'm thinking, because they said he's so brilliant, and they said he was so compassionate. He would help anybody and do He would literally give you the shirt off his back and he would help if anybody needed anything. He was the first one that sort of volunteered. So they were shocked and horrified and it had to be awful. The police were there. They saw him sort of throw these He got a backpack and I guess he threw these flyers up and then pulled something out of a backpack and they didn't quite know what was, you know, look like I think it was probably a canister, like like one of those cups that you squeeze and put something and immediately did it. I mean, it was awful. People jumped in and try to help that and you're right now, they didn't stop anything.
Speaker 4: So no, So I mean, I don't know what the protest is, but God bless him, Rest is soul wherever he may be. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I'll tell you who's upset about the some protesters is Trump. He's upset that he doesn't have a gazillion people sitting outside. He thought like they would shut things down. And and he's been making comments like I only do this for you.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And I think he's he's as a money collecting grab and I'm sure there probably are people that are that are sending money in. But I thought, oh my god, he's like such a big head. I mean, you want to make you outside.
Speaker 4: It makes you one that is his grip. Is he losing his grip?
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, I I don't know. But instead of saying sleepy Joe, it's sleepy Dawn. So we'll see how that goes. Right now that that's probably all that we that we have, there'll be more that will happen throughout the week. God love them and Mike Johnson. He got that foreign a bill finally passed through Congress. It zipped through the Senate. President Biden is set to actually sign it tomorrow. It there was give and take. It was bipartisan because one of the things that that the GOP insisted on is that we're not just giving money to Ukraine, that we that we put it down as like a loan. So that was a concession that had to be made. I don't know how they're ever Everything that they have is blown up. I don't know how they're going to pay anybody back. But if that's what they had to do to get it through. It was a ninety five billion dollar package. It includes sanctions on Iran, seizure of frozen Russian sovereign assets, a measure that's gonna that could shut TikTok down. It gives TikTok a year to sell to an American company. I have to be quite honest, I don't know how that all works, Like why would anybody want to sell their company? But I think maybe the US owns a piece of it anyway, So I don't know, but it gives them a year to kind of figure it out, because you know, we're nervous about China getting our getting our our information and maybe something that's.
Speaker 4: Almost say look, I almost say it. So they've been about that.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean, there was a victory for Biden, it was a victory for Johnson. Marjorie Taylor Green saying she's gonna she's gonna oust him. What's so funny to me is she's one person like I don't know how she did. I read in my nuts. Did I read she was in Russia? And what the hell did she have to do in Russia if she was.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna say this for the country. She don't play basketball, so yeah, yeah, they can keep her.
Speaker 3: They can keep her. But Israel's gonna get twenty six point four billion. Some people are upset that there are no restrictions or guidelines that will put on that money. You know, like, uh, nine point five billion was actually designated for humanitarian aid for them to give our money to make sure this aid going to Gaza, so that's good, but you know, there was a whole attack in Rafa where eighteen women and children, mostly children, were killed, So.
Speaker 4: No more war, Bobby don't know, I know, so.
Speaker 3: But let's put some guidelines, do you know what I mean? Like, you can't keep blowing people up if you know Hanas is there. Okay, but figure it out. Sixty one billion will go towards Ukraine and they are desperate, I mean, they must be over there fron rocks at this point. And then Taiwan is going to get eight point one billion, and that's for because they're begetting threats against China, which.
Speaker 4: I have so much respect for presidents that Lynsky. I think that he is a courage with us dance in the heart of a of a dragon, because he has he thought he has stood up with his country, and he has gotten down with the country, and they were abandoned. The country didn't run away right there in the streets with the people. I have a lot of respect for.
Speaker 3: You're exactly right, he is, like right on. I'm not going to say the front lines. I'm using that as an expression, but he's down with his soldiers. He is, he's not forgotten them. He is he's desperate. The only good thing that came out of all of the distractions with this stuff is that it seems like to me at least, that the impeachment articles against may Orcus are they've they've sort of been dismissed and forgotten about. They haven't been brought up. I know that the Democratic Senate kind of put them to rest, but I wasn't sure if the GOP would kind of bring it back up. But it doesn't seem like that's happening right now. So that's okay.
Speaker 4: Well, wherever we go on they jump, we want y'all to know that this is where we're going to keep you in the loop. We are almost to the end of the run.
Speaker 3: Right in my hands, over over my head. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: We thank you guys for riding with us and rolling with us. We think our fabulous producer, mister Aaron Howe, who is just the coolest dude. So this was Bobby and Aaron's first encounter. So Bobby just loves Aarons My god, I do.
Speaker 3: He's so adorable.
Speaker 4: So maybe she won't ride him before the meetings every weekend. I just try to.
Speaker 3: Keep everybody organized and honest. What can I say? But I sometimes I think he's going to eat a ham sandwich or something.
Speaker 4: I wish I had one right now, But I don't trying to eat these neck bones anyway. Listen, here has season here at left alearn. We are not changing the model ever, because we won't because you guys don't change for us. But you teach us and you help us. But here are left a learn We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind.
Speaker 3: Because why Bobby, Because a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 4: And a boat is even worse for women. I challenge you. I challenge all women, none the sound of my voice, with the uterus or without, to stand up against this machine that is trying to control all of us. If we all need to be women standing strong, we all need to be women standing strong, because just from I just read recently, it's only been about fifty five to sixty years that women can even get a credit card without being in their husband's name, right, that's the truth. Not when with suffrage nineteen twenty nine, where women could vote. Y'all listen they I don't know what set back they're looking to do, but whatever they're looking to do, we have the power to stop it.
Speaker 3: It's the truth.
Speaker 4: I'm challenging you women, this is a challenge. Don't let me down. Bo blue bo bite. I'm riding with Baden, but he damned shore ain't driving. Now. I'm just gonna be up front. You can't drive. You can sit in the backseat in one.
Speaker 3: Of those cars like like you know what, one of those little side cars like you're you're having a motorcycle. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: Perhaps we still need him at the head because if he don't be at the head, unfortunately, we're gonna be at the tail. So ladies Gema, thank you for joining us. Please follow my beautiful co host Bobby Clifford at Clifford Bobby on Facebook, you know on Instagram and Bobby Clifford on Facebook and I'm all on social media platforms. The video from Shepherd is on YouTube as well as on my Instagram page as a clip at Monroe Plane. I thank you guys following me YouTube every morning. Please like, share, and subscribe to YouTube channel. We try to get the numbers up by the birthday. Thank you for seeing for a Black and Learn this weekend Friday and Ceritay. I will be in Kaleiding, Texas at twice as Funny Comedy Lounge. Get your tickets at the website or at the box office, y'all do it good because it's almost sold out. And on May tenth, I'm showcasing for Netflix as a joke and everything else we'll talk about later. Have a great night, have a great week. Get your mind right. We got an election to win, okay, Bobby Peace. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, Alight Heart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of The Black Effect podcast network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tippany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Christy Payne. Thank you guys. This is Flaming Road. Don't forget to land. Listen and learn