Speaker 1: The volume. Hello, ladies and gentlemen, we got us a series. We got us a series. Indiana one sixteen O KC one O seven to one lead with another game in Indy? Can they possibly go up three to one? Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite on Shannon Sharp, my partner and co hosts Liberty Cities own Bengal Ring of Fame, Montere Pro Bowler all pro wearing. This is old Joe cut off hoodie. That's Chad, oh Joel.
Speaker 2: Not just hoody. I got to shus on too. Oh you got to you got to hoot your daddy on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah that look at that John Rocket rope.
Speaker 1: The third number of my team, y'all thing Arkansas lul Rock augusas native University of Arkansas. LUM played a number of years, at least fifteen years in the NBA. That's ISO Joe Joe Johnson and joining us the special guests to break down this game, y'all knowing seventy fea VERSUSY team NBA Champion Defensive Player of the Year, Olympic Gold Battle winning. That's GP the club Gary Payton GP.
Speaker 2: What do you do? What's happening, what's handing up? Man? Good? Thanks for joining us, bro. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit the like button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We want to thank each and every one of you that have watched us, that has listened to us, that have downloaded our things, has spread the word catch night Cap with uncan o Joe. We greatly greatly appreciate your support and we hopefully we get your continued support. Please make sure you check out Shade by La fortier eight. We have it in stop now. If you can't find it any city or a state near you, you can best believe we are coming to a city or a state near you.
Speaker 2: But in the.
Speaker 1: Meantime, Ordered Online is the best tasting premium bsup cognac on the market. Ordered online, you will not be disappointed. Please drake responsibly and stay safe. Check out my media company page on all of its platforms, shay Shape Media and my clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. The link is pinned in the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, there are gone, So please grab yours while supplies last the Pacers. The Pacers beat the Thunder. The Pacers win the first finals game and Andy in twenty five years take a two to one lead with another game in Andy one sixteen to one oh seven. They did a better job of limiting shade at the free throw line. You only get to the line six times, nine of twenty from the floor. They did a great job on him, but still the Thunder had three guys with twenty or more points.
Speaker 2: But it was the bench of the Indiana Pacers that won this game.
Speaker 1: Benter Deck Mathern had his best game, twenty seven points, a career high two or three from the three point line, seven to eight from the free throw line. TJ McConnell came in and did what TJ McConnell normally does, and Obie Topping was flying high. That put back dump really energized the crowd. Joe, we're gonna start the U and then we're gonna pass it off the GP. How did the Pacers win this game?
Speaker 2: Man? Oho GP?
Speaker 1: They had that intensity that they needed, you know, especially from the bench. I thought, okay, see I played them in that first quarter, but when they made them subs mathering, TJ McCollum. They came in, rose the energy up to another level, took it to another level. And you look at Mattherin the way he played man, just being aggressive offensively, making plays, just being disruptive defensive. TJ. You know, I don't know how many steals he got that led to points. And OKC was just so careless with the basketball. Is uncharacteristic of them tonight. But we gotta give we gotta give Indiana credit.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: They've been doing it all postseason, like we continue to say, and we continue to count them out, they continue to keep fighting, and tonight they pretty much, you know, had control of this basketball pretty much throughout the entire game.
Speaker 2: Chijmccamma had five steals tonight. GP.
Speaker 1: You watch watch this game in its entirety, and Indy out of the team. They go on the road and every series they won game one, they lost Game two in ok See. It was really a blowout, but they came come home. Normally come home, they normally lose game three, but tonight was different. They got off to a slow start in the first quarter, they pick it up, get forty points. They got forty points against the best defensive team in basketball in the second quarter, and then have a little lull in the third quarter. They pick it right back up in the fourth and go get thirty two. So those combined quarters, the second and the fourth they get seventy two points. What were they able to do tonight that calls in, that calls okay see, so much trouble in this ball game? Well, Shannon, what I really think is is that what Joe said was that they picked up their intensity of on defense. I think they were into a lot of players a lot more. I think they were into Shaye a lot more. Then Shade tried to take take it onto his hands and become one of them players where he wanted to prove that he can go instead of passing the basketball and getting it around and getting other players involved. So they picked up the defense and they did a great job. I think to me, where they lose basketball games, okay see, is when they get their out of their means, when they when they turn the ball over. When they turn the basketball over, they're not okay see, and then that takes away from their their defense because their lows get down. And then what the Indiana did was when they turned the ball over, they scored. They scored the basketball. When people turn the ball over and you score, that takes a lot of ump off of you. Then what they did was in the third quarter they try to neutralize it. They go up what five at the end of the third. But then what do the subs come and do for Indiana? They come and pick that energy back up. They picked the energy back up off the turnovers. And then it takes away from your game when you turn the basketball over and you scored you cause you would say, I think off turnover, off of turnovers, what I think they outscored him by twenty I think Indiana, I've scored them by almost twenty points, and that hurt them. And then at the end of the game, if you don't make free throws to get back in the game, if they make them free throws, this game becomes closer. And then when the Indiana comes down and put pressure on them to score the basketball. But if you don't score, if you don't hit these free throws, what happens. They come down there, be comfortable, they still up eight or nine points, and you lose a basketball game.
Speaker 2: And that's what happened.
Speaker 1: But you got to give a credit to Indiana for coming off the bench with their high energy and they take the game to them.
Speaker 2: They're at home. They took the game to him.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how Oklahoma's gonna come back, but I think they're gonna come back strong because they know that they're gonna have to master your intensity because Indiana is not gonna come in here and just lay down right and you look at it. We talked about something the other night, Guys, we said shape. I said, man, when you come up that picking will double his ass, trap him. You see what they did tonight. They trapped his ass, Joe. They got turnedovers off that they tied him up, got jumped off. You gotta try something. You cannot let him play one on one. He's as good as one on one player as they as they have in the NBA. And you put that shoulder into him and get separation. Go ahead, GP. Who do you think? Who?
Speaker 2: Who? Who? Who? What team? Joe in you two and O Joe? When they don't win? What they saw a player and people do that to him all the time. What team is that?
Speaker 1: The Golden State Warriors when they get hurt that, yes, they are not affective basketball team. And I think a lot of teams got to understand one on one basketball players when they come up to pick a roll, get the ball out of their hand and make people who don't know what they do that's not normal doing that and handling the basketball and making big time plays, make them big time for make them make big time plays.
Speaker 2: And Oklahoma only has.
Speaker 1: One guy that can do that inside Shay, and that's way he's all the other basketball player that.
Speaker 2: Can do it. And what did they do.
Speaker 1: They let him score all the toys and they take Shay out and he goes nine for twenty and they lose a basketball game off the turnovers. But you know, I still think Oklahoma should be very really covenant because you're turning the ball over that many times, it's still in a basketball game. To win it, your covenant's gotta be hot. O. Joe looked at We looked at Okay. See what they did to Indy. Out of the first game, they turned them over twenty five times, they lost the game. Indiana found a way to get close in the fourth and they won it down to stretch.
Speaker 2: We watched the second game.
Speaker 1: I think they turned them over seventeen eighteen times and they won the ball game going away. This game, they only created fourteen turnovers and he ever did a better job of taking care of the basketball now and Halliburton he didn't have his best game handling the ball because Halliburton doesn't normally turn the ball over. He had two or three really careless, careless turnovers, like they picked him back at half court, which he normally doesn't do.
Speaker 2: What what do.
Speaker 1: You think OKC needs to do to make sure they don't go down three to one going back to OKC, because look they had three guys with twenty plus points. Again, Shay was not as efficient this game as he was the first of the second game.
Speaker 2: Remember he was like what level of twenty one?
Speaker 1: The second game he had thirty four to the first game he was really inefficient, had thirty eight, but you had Chad Hongren six to fifteen inefficient.
Speaker 2: They Alad shot.
Speaker 1: They shot the ball forty seven percent for the four They had twenty points from Chad, They got twenty six from Jalen Williams. They got twenty four from Shape. But their bitch didn't give up anything. Remember Joe Ojoe GP the last game their bitch. Remember remember Caruso what they gave them off the bench, the tide was flipped. You got twenty seven, You got forty nine points from Indiana's bench.
Speaker 2: Yoh Joe, what do you see?
Speaker 1: What did you like about what you saw from Indiana? And what you didn't like from Okay?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 3: Well, listen, Honestly, you know, I picked the Pacers to win the series, so I did what I saw from a Okay, see you like everything I.
Speaker 2: Saw from them?
Speaker 3: Listen, the Pacers just played to me, to me from based on my eyes and my little bit of knowledge of basketball that I've learned to date, the PACs tonight played the most complete game of the finals. They didn't wait until they was down. They didn't wait un till they was down, and such to the side the kick and gear. Defensively, what they did defensively getting the ball out of Shade's hands when coming off those picks, coming off those rolls, and forcing other people to make plays, I think that was key Defensively, what they were able to do. The goddamn bench was really the Stars. It wasn't Halliburton, it wasn't It wasn't them hard. It was what them boy and did off the bench. They got damn TJ. McConnell and young brother, I ain't hurt nobody named Benedict boys in nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 2: He git me, I ain't gonna a't gonna tell you he or that.
Speaker 4: But excuse me, excuse me if I put your last name Benedict, Did I say that right?
Speaker 3: Mathron Macrin mac Mastherin, Mathron okay, mathm.
Speaker 4: Well, young boy had twenty seven twenty seven. He was twenty seven poll and woar rebounds, one assayst a block. Listen he was he was a game score higher. He had zero phil he had zero fil GP.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh but listen.
Speaker 3: This wasn't This wasn't just like a heat checked shooting, right. This was playoff boys. I like that, letting him play too. But you know what, I've noticed something about it. I know something about him.
Speaker 2: Have a question. He doesn't get in foul trouble early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you noticed if when he gets in foul trouble early, it takes on his aggressive miss away from him. He's not the same player GP, Joe and Joe, He's not the same tonight. He stayed out of foul trouble. He stayed aggressive from the Carl out put him in the game. He was aggressive for the entirety of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Hey, and when you look at Halliburg, look how he started the game. I know they didn't win the first quarter, but he was in that first court he was all your aggressive. We talked about his aggressiveness and started the game. He wasn't passing, he was looking for his shot, he was getting to the cup. He was getting in the paint calls and having and being disruptive and in the okay sees defense and making plays and GP.
Speaker 2: You know this.
Speaker 1: When you got a team shooting fifty one percent from the field, Hell, it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be hard to be then time it's like, okay.
Speaker 1: See, it's like their defense has kind of went into a like a lapster where they can't get stops. It's hard for him to get stopped, so it's hard for them to get out and get points. So if you're playing in this high scoring game like this, one hundred and sixteen points for the Pacers, this is the pace they won't they won't.
Speaker 2: They won't it high scoring.
Speaker 1: Like you know what the problem is, Joe, is that all of their players are aggressive. That's probably it's not just one guy too, three guys aggressive. It's coming out being aggressive and against a great defensive team.
Speaker 2: What do you have to do to a great defense team? Attack them? You attack every time, and all of them are attacking.
Speaker 1: And then on the other end, they're being aggressive more and they don't here a lot of them getting three and four files. Then they here a sub and then Carlisle sub bring in somebody else and everybody's comfortable. When you get a team that's comfortable and that can match you, and this Indiana team can match Oklahoma, they're not gonna beat them.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna beat them.
Speaker 1: If you let them be comfortable and you don't and they don't turn the ball over and they make you turn the ball over and get you out of your game, they're not gonna beat them, especially at home. They're not gonna bet the Indiana team that can be more aggressive and have the energy coming in and making shots and doing things, they're not gonna be And you look.
Speaker 2: You look at it. They had.
Speaker 1: I mean the guys, the Rick Carlisle is doing a great job with minutes Siakam thirty two minutes, Nismith's twenty two minutes, turn of thirty minutes, nim Har thirty three minutes, Halliburton thirty six minutes, Obi Topping twenty eight minutes, McConnell fifteen minutes, Mappern twenty two minutes, Shepherd eighteen minutes. You see, hey, give me everything you got while you out there, and when you get tired, put your hands up and I'll put somebody else in the game.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and they don't let up.
Speaker 1: No let up. And like you said, they're being aggressive. They know it's become very difficult.
Speaker 2: Guys. We know, okay see has a great defense.
Speaker 1: You gotta stay out of half court because if you let those guys because they got tremendous wing defenders, everybody is scrapping. Everybody got hands. You look at Wallace, you look at Dork, you look at Caruso, Isaiah, Joe Wiggins. All those guys can sit in the chair and slide multiple times. So they're doing a great job trying to get points in transition, so they can't set up. I love what I saw. Look, Indiana, everybody has to roll them off. I mean, they were the over. They were like one of the biggest favorites, ok see, word to win the finals that we've had in a very very long time. And now I say, guess what. We weren't favored against Milwaukee. We weren't favored against the Cleveland. We weren't favored against the Knicks, so we weren't So we're not gonna be favorite.
Speaker 2: So guess what we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna have one of the If they weren't to win this, this would be one of the most improbable runs. And when you figure they're doing it without a super star player, when was the last time somebody won the finals without a super star player?
Speaker 2: Wait? Wait, whoa whoa? Hold on? Hold on, they're saying.
Speaker 3: You're saying they don't have a superstar player, but they don't player that's playing like a superstar and it's having a historic playoff run.
Speaker 1: No, no, making shots doesn't make you a superstar, jo Ojo, having Burton is not a superstar. Hold on, Joe, I agree with that. He's not a superstar. He's a player. He's a good basketball player, but he's not a superstar. You might be spright, Ojo. He's playing like a superstar. Okay, he's playing like that right now. He's stepping up to the game because I think in my mind he's an all around complete point guard.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, everything happens.
Speaker 1: He thinks getting his players into it first, and then he does everything and then he has score, you know, but he has to you know.
Speaker 2: But he's not that that player.
Speaker 1: And I'm not gonna say go get him and put him on the team and then I think I can get forty from him every night. That's not But he is playing like a superstar right now. I will see that.
Speaker 2: Right like that. Think about it.
Speaker 3: We had that conversation before, not long ago. Remember, remember we talked about superstar. Star was the first thing I say, Listen, he's a star. He's a star. But the way he's playing in this playoffs, coming up in clutch moments for the Pacers, like he's a goddamn superstar. And it's just based on what I've seen right now, you know them the piggyback off of GP saying he just started playing like a superstar in the most opportune moments for the Pacers and when they win the serious Like I told you all, what's gonna happen, Joe, I'm just gonna sleek that in there. Joe, you owe me one hundred dollars two.
Speaker 2: I want to listen.
Speaker 5: Listen, money money out of Site called the fight.
Speaker 2: I don't want to listen. He a gp G.
Speaker 3: Listen, so listen the last series. You know, obviously the next to them win. So I was upset. So Joe and I we got a little bet. So yeah, on each game, we got one hundred dollars bet on each game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you don't want to so you have two hundred and Joe went on.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you up on, honey, right the right, Joe Joe cash Hally play heroics have earned him a new nickname in the Basketball Reference. His name now is gp O Joe and Joe Tyrese. The moment Halliburton, the moment, like it.
Speaker 2: Like it.
Speaker 1: In the moment, he'll get what he has to in the moment, he'll make a big shot.
Speaker 2: At that moment. He might not be playing well at all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when the omen come and the lights shine on him, he always performs.
Speaker 2: So I would give him that that that that nick name that I like it.
Speaker 1: I like what Joe, I like what you said that he would he know, he went to the store and he was just hey, he just went didn't do nothing. Nah, tryal some ishje the shirt, Hey, hey how much the shoes? I be tryal something tonight he came out. He wasn't looking to just pass the ball of.
Speaker 2: A No you do it?
Speaker 1: Hey A Miles Turner, Hey nim Hard No, no, you you the guy. You see when he's aggressive, when he's in the twenties and he has a level of sist. So now he's giving you his twenty. Now you got a level assist. You know, a couple of those gonna have to be off threes. So now he's getting everybody involved and he's involved. They can definitely win this series if he's going to play like that.
Speaker 2: But we shouldn't have to have like damn had it?
Speaker 1: Come on, bro, Why we got to tell you every other game you need to be aggressive?
Speaker 2: That should be understood.
Speaker 1: The game is so much easier for you guys when you do what your and I understand GP he's a pass first point guard.
Speaker 2: He's not. First of all, he's a true point guard.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of guys masquerading, and they're masquerading his points, but they're really two guards, Russard and Luca. Those are really twos masquerading your points. Shenny, Shenny in the NBA, tell me what had what did all the point guards play? In this NBA right now, the point guards, what did they play in college? The two guard two? Yes, eary toward one. And that's why I hate when people come to my area and talk the ball. Oh he's one of the greatest point guard.
Speaker 2: No, you not.
Speaker 1: He's a two masquerading of the point out of my lane.
Speaker 2: Man. You when I was playing, man were true point guards?
Speaker 1: Man? You know the c mvds are twos. I watched him in college play the two. They was converted to a one.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, He is true. It's only two point guards.
Speaker 1: And he even get right at and that's that's uh, Chris Paul and him, they're a true point guards look to pass the ball and get people better and then they come and do. But Allen Bird, he does, he does everything. He rebounds the basketball. Yeah, he makes his sist and then he scores when he hass to You know what I'm saying, and that that's a point guard to me, he was a.
Speaker 2: Rebound short of a triple double. He was a joe.
Speaker 1: He was a rebound short of a triple double. Twenty two points a level assists, not rebounds, excuse me, not rebounds. One rebound short of a triple double.
Speaker 2: Joe, that's gp.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you glad we agree on what we talked about earlier about Halliburton being a star and not a superstar. What do you need to see from him? What do you need to see from him for him to be a superstar in your eyes? What else does he have to do? Ently?
Speaker 2: But what team he's on? To me?
Speaker 1: For you to be a superstar nowadays in this era, and Joe know that, I think you would have to be You have.
Speaker 2: To be more of a score.
Speaker 1: You have to be more of dominant, you know, And he's not that type of basketball player.
Speaker 2: So what it is is is that now.
Speaker 1: People have to say you're a superstar because of what his production is every night. Now he comes and get a triple double and average a triple double for the year.
Speaker 2: Now you become a superstar and.
Speaker 1: Your team is winging on a consistent basis and doing the things that.
Speaker 2: You do, then you got to do it. But as Joe, no, you gotta be down to be a superstar. That's it.
Speaker 1: You gotta They gotta just start saying Rick condition, Yeah, you gotta get recognition, O Joe, how much money you paying to go see Halliburton.
Speaker 2: I don't do that. I don't do that at GP. Joe, you gonna tell him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but listen, that is true, Oaks, who's coming every night? Just say I'm gonna pay a thousand and two three thousand dollars to come see how.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's not that's not a Pacers fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of Pacers fans. Because but where you go. You gotta go to, uh, you gotta go to what thirty? But you got forty one games on the road, you gotta go to thirty. You gotta go to thirty some other six. You gotta go to like twenty nine or whatever. I mean, team's in to twenty nine, thirtyeen. You gotta go twenty nine other cities and see who comes and pay that money. Or he's gonna be the man in Indiana. Yes, that's where he plays at. He's perfect for them that he's perfect Indiana And we're not trying to minimize I like you know what, I like that nickname. That nickname, the moment is very remarktable. He should run with that. Hey, I put that on my shoes. I'm put a As a matter of fact, I'm changing my social media I'm the moment. You see what did with the truth, See what Kobe did with Mamba shot.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't nobody calls Shaquil shaquillo.
Speaker 1: He shot he the deep well, the big Aristotle, the big Chamber of decse everything. Hey, look, we gotta we gotta give any out of their credit. Though, Man, they they offense is fueled. You know, it's been fueled by that defense. The way they pick up full court. They've done it the whole postseason. They've been disruptive. And I think that's the most gratifying thing for me when I watch him play, because even when they down GP, they still picking up ninety four feet, They picking up ninety four feet. They gonna weigh you down. They're gonna And I like the fact that they switched up the covertes today. Life, Man, get shade the state of guy, make him, make him think about it, because now when he come off that pig and roll GP, now he like, Okay, damn, are they trapping?
Speaker 2: Are they gonna get? Are they gonna are they gonna be in a drop? What they're gonna be?
Speaker 1: And so now he's kind of second guessing himself on how to make his moves and I thought it.
Speaker 2: I thought it was turning back.
Speaker 1: Hey if he turned his back, Hey, the guy that he turned his back to go to it. But or they got four guys that do that, and they're pressuring and they're what they're doing is they're they're trading off guard and they and they keeping the keeping pressure on him. And now what that does to Shay is that he starts saying, I can't get my game off, can't get my game off.
Speaker 2: To what he do.
Speaker 1: He started, he started forcing things president to click. He tried to start to go by he he won't even give up the ball. If the double come, he'll keeping it. Then they're start putting their hands in there and sticking them and and he and he and he turned the ball of. But the one thing that's killing it the referees are not calling that. They ain't nothing to play right. So that's hurting too because he usually gets them files. But now I give him that even when he goes to the bucket and they bumpany they're not calling that.
Speaker 2: And he's taking files.
Speaker 1: He's taking shots and God saying like it's going to be an ad one. But them balls are just saying them referees are saying no play this is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: That's making this.
Speaker 1: Game very hard. Right now, we've given okay, see, guys a lot of credit. I think we need to give them hard. We need to give Niee Smith, we need to give Maprick, we need to give Shepherd. We need to give those guys credit because they're doing, as you said, they're doing an unbelievable job. Each guy is a little different. Each guy has a different body type and they're playing him different ways, so he's not getting used to any one person. Knee Smith got in four minute, nim Hard to take him, and now Maverick comes in, Mathren takes him, and then a Shepherd comes in. He'll deal with it. Hey, Hey see y'all. Hey look once again.
Speaker 2: He turns back.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all come because he's not one of these point guards like a Luca Lebron. That's really that. He goes to the basket. He's looking to kick out for three. He's looking to get the ball up to the rim. So hey come from behind, swat that. How many times did a Siakam get it down? How many times did the Miles Turner? So I think we need to give a rightfully so okay see, we know what they are defensively, but I think we need to give the Pacers because they're doing an unbelievable job.
Speaker 2: What twenty points in the.
Speaker 1: Third they came up twenty, hold up fifteen, they get fifteen points in the fourth quarter, twenty eight points in the second quarter, So that's forty three points over two quarters. And look at the pacers, man, they had eleven blocks, yes, eleven blocks. So they lets you know, they contest and everything. They're very aggressive and they making it tough for okay see, man, I love to see you guys. This is has This has been a pretty good series if you ask me, especially from a defensive standpoint, from what Indiana is trying to impose their will, feeding off their crowd.
Speaker 2: Tonight.
Speaker 1: It looked amazing in there, and you know they was able to come up come away with the victory. So okay, see, you gotta get back to the drawing board, man. They gotta come out with much more energy and be able to sustain. Hey, look, gp in the fourth quarter, I look, with four five minutes left, everybody for okay see, was grabbing their shorts, bent through grabbing their shorts.
Speaker 2: They were dead down tied, and that's what you don't want.
Speaker 1: They gonna pressure you all game and hopefully you die toward the end. I thought toward the end it was a tail tale because they started missing free throws. I was eighteen points. I was Joe eighteen points. Okay, Se scored eighteen points, not fifteen in the fourth quarter. Go ahead, jimpie Joe. This is just like a prize fighter. If you get beat on for twelve and fifteen rounds and keep knocking knocking, what are you gonna do? They're gonna get out And then by the time it comes to the end of the the end of the game, you're gonna be get tired and you're gonna food around and get knocked out. You see what I'm saying. And that's just the way game bo and that's what Indiana is doing. And Shan and Shannon you said it. They're just we gotta give credit really the car Lot because his game plan, that's doing what he's doing. He's selling them double. He's telling them come behind and block shots. And then what he do he started he saw swing. He said, now you take it. You get ten minutes, you pressure in, you dog gehime out for three minutes. Now you go get you for three more minutes. Now you go get him for three more minutes.
Speaker 2: And what they're doing is like a prize fighter. They're wearing you down.
Speaker 1: When we used to see frighters, man, if they jabbed you and jabs were jabs were kept it away, What did you do?
Speaker 2: You got? They got frustrated.
Speaker 1: Bus just start getting frustrated because you getting that hit all toe up, you know, get this all beat down. But they doing this is they beating his body down and he's trying to force things now and it's not working. They're gonna have to come the game plan where they're gonna have to kick the ball and the other people aren't gonna have to produce that's you because they're not gonna let Shay play the game. He's a NBC, he's a superstar and he hurts you. Yeah, what what do I do? I take that type of basketball player out of the game. And once they do that, they're gonna win games like this And and Oklahoma City is gonna have to get a.
Speaker 2: Game playing a couple something different for game four. Hey listen.
Speaker 3: And say young GP and uh and uh and Joe, listen, I think this is the rest of the series. She is gonna have to pick his spots. He's gonna have to choose the spots and change his game a little bit. You know, maybe you can't come out and be as a curtive as you like to be. You know, you know you're not gonna give those files, So you got to pick and choose and spurts when to take those shots when the drive, when they try to create those files.
Speaker 5: You know, when to get to your admittee when they put the ball on the floor, when they.
Speaker 2: Kick it out.
Speaker 3: If they trap you the way they are trapping you, maybe you have to your approach to the game in general has to be completely different and getting everybody else involved first, and then picking your your shots and your chances and win, to be assertive and hoping, you know, you guys can win on the defense end. You know, maybe you know, getting some easy boxing, easy buckets to get yourself in rhythm, you know. But outside of that, I really don't see the Pacers coming up off his lead the way it is.
Speaker 2: We already up.
Speaker 3: And I told y'all before the series started that the Pacer was probably going to win this series because the rest of the world had crowned the Thunder the NBA champions already, and this is just what I expected to happen.
Speaker 1: Oh, So what I think what Shay has to do is is he has to get rid of the ball a little sooner.
Speaker 2: But he's got to start moving to get rid.
Speaker 1: Of the ball, start cutting on him a little bit and get easier buckets, because what he wants to do is he wants an eye sold.
Speaker 2: He wants you one.
Speaker 1: He wants you one on one. If he gets you one on one, you're done. But now they're doing him. Man, they understand that, and I go again in the Carlisle. He understands that this kid is very good one on one basketball player by yourself, so he doesn't want him to play by himself.
Speaker 2: A lot of coaches don't feel don't.
Speaker 1: Understand that, they let your players just play in this era's too good.
Speaker 2: But he play like that.
Speaker 1: So he's not let that happen. And he's understanding. And look, he's getting rewarded with it. He's getting wins and his players are getting a big lot of confidence.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And the Oklahoma City has got to win Game four or this is Oh, I don't seem eating them three in a row.
Speaker 2: GP. You said something very interesting.
Speaker 1: You say he needs to get some easier baskets like cut without the basketball.
Speaker 2: But that's not his game. That's Curry's game.
Speaker 1: They're not a whole There are not a whole lot of guards, They're not a whole lot of players. Because I'm not gonna I'm not gonna do something that i haven't been doing, and I'm gonna do it in the biggest game of the biggest games of my life. That's not what he does. See what makes Steph so hard. Steph can handle the ball, and he's also great. He's more dangerous when he does not have the ball. Yeah, because if you let your guard down for just a second, a three ball is going up. It is probably gonna hurt you. See, that's not Shade like you said, Shaye wants the ball. He wants to play one on one. He gonna put that chick that showed it in your chest, create separation and then get the shot off. Well, if you let him play one on one, you can't stop that because they're not gonna call him for a charge because he was moving. He was dislodging Nise Mill, he was dislodging them hard, so they're not gonna call that.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna take the ball out of his hands now.
Speaker 1: If he starts moving without the ball, I'll adjust after that, but I'm not letting him play one on one against them with nobody. Hey, Hey, TPZ, I'm curious. I'm curious to hear what you think. What do you think about the lineup change with Homerids at the five, because you know Hartenstein, like tonight, he was kind of non existent, you know, if you ask me, so, what do you think about the lineup change with them just going with one big I know they probably don't want Hungris playing against Pascal Siakam at the four, but I just feel like, defensively, man, they gotta they gotta clog up the paint a little bit, you know, be a little more tough down there and being able to reback, get one shot, rebound, or even get second chance shots on the offensive then, because I feel like that's one area that's kind of you You absolutely right me. I wouldn't switching. I'll keep it hung at the four and get my big buy in there. But what I would do, Joe, I would punish uh Indiana on the other end by trying to go into him and make it, make it a physical gay and go without in and out with him. That's why it's just messing up because they can't match up with them like that and that hurt them, and that he's got to he's got to perform. I don't care that mediocre game. He's got to be big every game. And I don't think that is what he's doing. He's gotta be big every game. I wouldn't switch my lineup. I would have still been with him, getting rebounds, getting things over, being aggressive and keeping that in and then when they sub, I would sub with them.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. And that's just the way I gotta go.
Speaker 1: And I think that the lineup change wasn't was not a good one. I would have stayed with my big men and punished him inside, get rebounds, and keep myself in the basketball game. And you're right, Joe, that was a big difference to me. I've seen that, and I said that's not gonna work because they don't match up with him very well. Hey, Indiana, getting a lot of layups guys on the n You know what I think happened, Joe. I think I thought I think Dag saw what Cleveland Cleveland, two bigs got blown out. The Knicks played two bigs and and so he's like, you know what, I'm gonna make the adjustment because you see with with Mobley and and and what's the big Allen, Jared Allen, two bigs they lose for one call Anthony Towns of Mitchell Robinson. So he's looking, he's thinking that, like, hold on, none of my guys. First of all, Hartenstein is not an offensive weapon. So he's only gonna get floaters and possibly put backs. Hold on, See how come held his own against cat, He held his own against Evan Mobley. Chill ain't got that gonna play with the basket. He's gonna play out there. They can't they can't guard see you see that's the difference.
Speaker 2: They can't guard him. They're too big for that.
Speaker 1: This big guy, I'll just put him on Turner and then we'll have it. We'll equalize it the things. Soon as Turner goes out the game, I do it. Even with two big men, you still have to attack them the two. I don't think the Knicks big men are that good. Only Towns. That's the only way I think. And then Cleveland, Mobley and Allen didn't have a good series period, you know what I'm And they started off hurt from the get when where you know, they were already hurt. So that was that was just a little different. I think if Cleveland would have been a little healthier, they would have been cool and they would have did it. But with this right here, I think, you don't change your your style when you've been going with it all year. You don't change your style. You stick with it and go and knock people down. And I just think that they got to equalize you when they sub they suck, Joe, you know it. You you people when they when they suck, you gotta gotta do that. And that's just the way it goes. And I just think Oklahoma is just getting out played right now. Just there, y'all just gotta understand they're just getting out played. We can't give giving them no excuse. They're just getting out.
Speaker 5: Play, you know what, you know, a GP, Joe and Uncle.
Speaker 3: Not only are they getting out played, but Oklahoma's office is making it easier for Indiana.
Speaker 5: Too with the turnovers absolute turnovers, you know too.
Speaker 3: And also I forgot, I forgot when I said when about okay, see having those bigsact down on the court. Obviously, Ship, I mean, obviously Ship is really no threat defensive he outside of length and height and then herd and side.
Speaker 1: He's a real protector. He's not a he's not an own ball defender. Their own ball defenders are the wing players, and they got a plethora of those. And because Chad doesn't have enough bricks in his back pocket, he's, y'all gonna play with his back to the basket.
Speaker 2: See, y'all, come is under no threat at all. He's Myles Turner. Miles Turner can play Chad Hongreen.
Speaker 1: He can play him on the wing, or he can play him down low, because he's no threat. Only on the wing is he a threat. And so Hartenstein is only looking to get loose balls. He's gonna rebound, he's gonna give you second chance points. But he's not an offici. So they're not even worried about him, y'all. So now, but what you do is that you become smaller. You don't give yourself, you don't give yourself second chance opportunities. You don't give yourself a rebounding, you don't give yourself a defensive prowess, because look, you got enough defense on if you got lou Dort, you got Jaylen Williams and Shade Shae was one two and steals. We know what lou Dort is even all defensive player. We know what Jayalen Williams is even all defensive player. You got plenty of defense. Why would you ever do that when you got you won sixty eight games with that big lineup, telling you what never and Shanney, you're saying what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I would have never changed my lineup.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna make them change my lineup of what I've done all year. I won sixty eight games. I don't care what nobody's say with that lineup. So you don't do it, And then I don't want to. I didn't want to say nothing about the light. The light to ask, but you don't know what I'm saying. I didn't want to say nothing. Well he's too light, you know what I'm saying. It ain't gonna work that way, man. So I'm just saying, y'all, you don't change because I can't do what you've been doing. Gp O, Choe and Joe. I can make an adjustment. Once I see what you're doing. But I'm not gonna adjust before I even get to the damn game. Damn, I'm making adjustments when I don't need to. If if if, if, I'm getting killed by their smaller lineups with that, because he had the problem is this is what Golden State got a lot of teams to do. They Oh, I'm taking my bigs off the court. No, y'all need to keep y'all bigs on the court and punish them down low, give somebody to play with their back to the basket and punish Draymond or punish the punish Clay. But when you try to go small this and that's what they wanted you to do. They wanted you to take your big out. And now Draymond's playing the five. You got iggy, and you got all those little guys running around. That's not how you play. And you play how you play, let them play how you play, and didn't make adjustments accordingly.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Shannon Ojo just said about Golden State about you was trying to adjust.
Speaker 2: What did Minnesota do to.
Speaker 1: Minnesota kept their digs and then kill them on that small lineup and went, Adam. You you you've seen Randall. He averaged third, you know what I'm saying. And then they picked the big boy that came from Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Adams. They were killing them. They couldn't get.
Speaker 1: A rebound, you know what I'm saying, And it was bad. And then Oklahoma said doing the same thing. Right now, they're getting one and done and they ain't getting no rebounds.
Speaker 2: They're doing anything that's her.
Speaker 1: I think, hey, look when you when you look at the intangibles that Hartenstein brings, like he says, great picks are coach or yeavy. He was saying he will lay ward on them game, roll to the basket and get dunk.
Speaker 2: Well, look when he.
Speaker 1: Rolled to the basket, even if he ain't got the little floater, he makes great decisions by spreading out for threes or hitting hungers for a live dunk or something like. Man, I just I just feel like they at least need to even try to go back to it and look, if it don't work in the first five or seven minutes, Okay, we got but like you say, we won sixty eight games off that.
Speaker 2: Why are we changing when we're the best team the whole time? Season. I never understand he Joe GP.
Speaker 5: I hear y'all, uncle, I hear you too.
Speaker 3: But but I think they they made that change in that lineup something because Hard and Stegn they understand. Listen, Okay, getting a few boards or getting a few put backs or getting a few alleys, you know, coming off picks and rolls and what or not, he's still a liability on defense.
Speaker 2: He's a liability.
Speaker 3: And the way them goddamn paces transition when they do grabbing boys off the court, they going up and down and then it's like it's got damn fohone goddamn.
Speaker 1: Five and they understand that chability.
Speaker 2: He ain't that much liability now. Turner in the game too. All he gotta do is run, get down, get down the flow. Man.
Speaker 1: I'm just justing he ain't that much liability. He gotta get down the flock, like we said, he done played all year like this, and O Joe, you gotta understand, it's only seven games left, baby, It's only.
Speaker 2: Seven games left. Baby. All you gotta do is go in there and get busy, and y'all only gotta win, funk, you know what I'm saying. And that's it.
Speaker 1: You gotta suck it up during this time. Man, to me, suck it up. You gotta be able to adjust to everything that's gonna happen. And with this big dude, I agree with Joe. He brings too much to their table. He brings much. He brings too much, picks, he brings enough, getting making making people all two shots. He rolled it to the basket. And if he doing that and not stopping it, then who's gonna make adjusting? They are, They're gonna start making adjustments. You know what I'm saying. Don't just come in the game and say, oh, man, I looked the film for two three days. Now I'm gonna change my lineup? Man?
Speaker 2: What ain't god? Man, I don't get it's one one O Joe? What's one to one? Man? What are you not losing? Two?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Even if you in a panic, to me, when you change your lineup, that's a panic. Just speak with what you got and see what happens. And poor he gonna go back to his lineup.
Speaker 2: No, he's not. No, he's not gp because he me and Joe talked about this game one.
Speaker 1: He started that Because I was looking at the lineup, I was like, why is Wallace and say what he gave he started this game one. He took Hard and Stein out of the starting lineup and put Wallace in. Joe and that we talked about this. I was like, Joe, I just don't understand that I'm gonna make an adjustment when I need to.
Speaker 2: If my car's.
Speaker 1: Running fine, I'm not gonna take it to the shop and say, hey, man, change the transmission.
Speaker 2: What the car go, Joe, Hey GP, I'm going along good. I don't need It's not that.
Speaker 1: A is not grinding. I can back up, I can go forward. Why would I go to the mechanics they tried to transmission when there's nothing wrong with a perfectly good car. You won sixty eight games, you got the MVP, you got one of the top defensive teams in basketball with the big lineup, and in the most important series of the OKC under Dagnaw, you make this change.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Look, it could still work out, but I look, I would I'm gonna make an adjustment when I need to make an adjustment. And I don't think they needed to make an adjustment. I agree, Man, most points scrawled the bench in an NBA Finals game. Sam Cassell has the record in nineteen ninety five. In game two, he had thirty one Downtown Freddie Brown the SuperSonics now the OKC Thunder. In nineteen seventy eight, Game one, he had thirty Bennadeck Mathren Pacers twenty twenty five. Game three he had twenty seven, Jason Terry Dallas Mavericks twenty eleven, Game six, twenty seven, and Manu Ginobili two thousand and seven, Game four, twenty seven. So Benedict Mathern had won a game. It's his playoff career high, and he picked a great time to have it. And he looked good too. Man, he looked, Damn Joe.
Speaker 2: Jump on the bandwagon that Joe, don't do that. Erstanding. We ain't gonna be talking like this on Friday if okay, see come back and win.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So okay, see we we can sit here and talk all that. It's still two to one going into game four. Okay, See he has just just understand that you get a win, and swot get a win and go back, okay on the home court advantage, back again to yourself. You know what I'm saying, and that's what it is. But you gotta you guys understand. Well, we got to give Indiana all this credit. They did a great job of winning game game three. That's what they're supposed to do. They're at home. Now, what the okase he has to do is just come back. You guys got are understand two times in his playoffs. Okay, he has done this.
Speaker 2: They have done this.
Speaker 1: They have lost game one, came back in one game and lost game three. You know what I'm saying. And they've been in this situation before. Now you gotta come into game four and just say, hey, this just win this game. Shut everybody up, go back home, and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: That's all they got to do.
Speaker 1: If they went and listen, what all they want to do is go back, go back to ok Ce, tiede and I got game five in game seven on my home court.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 2: I bet you. I bet you got old Joe Friday that they beat them along. I'm gonna beat them.
Speaker 3: Hold on, you want the best. Something puts up, I'm beat I bet it. Hey make it light of yourself, make it light on yourself. Hey, anything goes with me, Okay, Betty huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my WiFi is just lagged a little bit. Yeah, you show. I'm sure if you want to, we can go three. No no, no, no no no.
Speaker 5: I got I got got child. I got child for doing two weeks so.
Speaker 2: I got you. Got a doul't support too. I want about fifty nine hundred.
Speaker 5: I got you, I got you baby, I got hey so and listens.
Speaker 3: Soon as GP paid me Friday, as soon as Joe give me my my hundred, that's.
Speaker 2: Keep me out of keep me out of this. I've seen you doing. You see in my cashop. I just let it sit there for a little while, Little I got you.
Speaker 1: Lou Williams had high praise for s g A today, saying we're looking at Kobe Bryant being created.
Speaker 2: Too soon for the Kobe comparisons. GP. You played with Kobe at his absolute apex? Are we is?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 2: Is this a good comparison? Too soon? Nowhere there coch, It's gonna be one Kobe. That's it. I don't care what y'all say.
Speaker 1: It's only one Kobe. Yeah, it's just like y'all telling me either, say, uh, Joe Buckets over there, ain't nobody like Joe. Joe can get buckets. You know what I'm saying. Don't y'all compare people to people, especially somebody like like Kobe Bryant.
Speaker 2: That's shame shape. Yeah, man, I don't think he Kobe yet, you know what I'm saying. I don't think he ever will be Kobe.
Speaker 1: He's a great basketball player, but you guys, slow down, and it ain't gonna be it ain't gonna be no code, no more cochek. But it was a different it's a different beats, you know what I'm saying. So don't don't compare him to that. And for y'all people to be even put people's name on other people, that's not for me.
Speaker 2: For me, I can see GP Joe Ojo.
Speaker 1: I can see the comparisons when people say style of play Jordan and Kobe, because the style of play is very, very similar. When I look at Shaye, I don't see I don't. I don't see anything that reminded me of Kobe. Honestly, I'm saying the same thing that that's not that's not I'm being no, that's not a knock that's not a knock on shape Because I say he's phenomenal. I think we all in agree, he's phenomenal. He earned the m VP this season. But when I watched his game, and I watched Kobe from day one when the air ball against Utah in the playoffs, so I watched him his entire career, I don't see I don't see Kobe.
Speaker 2: I don't think oh man, I don't. I don't see that.
Speaker 1: Oh mean, Kobe was a different beast, Shanny. I'm just selling to y'all, it's a different it's a different beast. And then we can compare Jordan and Kobe, because Kobe tried to be like Jordan. Yes, so it's it's it's it's a little bit different, man. And I hate people that even try to compare anybody else's game to somebody you're putting you putting that man name on on greatness, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So y'all stopped that. It's no comparison there. I don't think that.
Speaker 1: That's just like somebody saying and they play like you and football getting me man, Yeah, out of here, man, y'all, I'm talking.
Speaker 2: Stupid right now. You know what I'm saying. I like doing dumb stuff, man, So just slow down, people.
Speaker 3: I think I think most of the time when it comes to people, you know, even even some of the elite players, some of those with great knowledge of basketball, become we become prisoners of the moment. They become prisoners of the moment seeing something that looks or depicts what.
Speaker 5: We're used to seeing in greatness as Kobe is. You know, the styles and the smoothness, the butter like style.
Speaker 3: The play is the somewhat similar, you know, being able to get to your shot, get to your median and when he rides up, he looked like Kobe a little bit.
Speaker 5: But s g A has his own style. SG has his own style.
Speaker 3: And even putting that pressure on SGA, even though he's won MVP and even though he has a toolbox, putting that person him comparing to Kobe, you shouldn't do that because Kobe is is.
Speaker 5: He's an iconic figure in his own.
Speaker 3: Right, and and the way he approach to the game is completely, completely, completely different, and he's in the class of his own where the comparisons shouldn't even be the greatest SGA when people.
Speaker 1: Trying to say out it's like when people say, uh Man, Lebron ain't Jordan.
Speaker 2: No Lebron game is like Magic.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that's the that's the comparison that you shouldn't make because both of those guys will pass first. Now, Lebron is a better score than look than than than than than than. Magic could rebound the ball better than Magic, but the way they orchestra, the way they control the ball game, both would pass first. Now, if you need me to go give you thirty, I think you know, I think Lebron is a better score. He could score the basketball better better than Magic. Magic taught them and both guys taught themselves out to shoot. Magic had that little push, that little what had to push GP you you oh, you know you play, you know what I'm saying. So he had that little push, that little push one handed, but it was effective. Magic, big guy six', nine could. Post magic would look at a you better have, somebody you better have your, boots phone and be ready to, play because if you were, Small magic was gonna post your.
Speaker 2: Ass Adie, shannon he he knew how to do the hook. Shot he baby hook that. Everything, see he was a little.
Speaker 1: Different and the way what we should say About lebron And, magic they're both all around basketball, correct they're complete basketball. Players they do everything you see What i'm. Saying so that's what when people compare to people and all that. Stuff, Man now that would be a great. Comparison, yes both of. Them two are complete basketball. Players they're all around. Player and then you gotta look At magic was six' nine and about, two something and then You got lebron six eight and. Two something so you gotta do you gotta understand they are. The comparison what? You, do now if You say lebron.
Speaker 2: Look, Like magic i'll, be, like, YEAH yeah i can. See, that true that's. Really true but we Should say shaye Looked. Like kobe? Stop it who? Made?
Speaker 5: That who who made?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Comparison uh Lou.
Speaker 1: Will, okay hey to kind of answer your question that you, asked earlier when the last time we've seen a team like this win, a championship it would probably Be that. PISTONS team I think gp you played Against that. PISTON team i know. They, had yeah you had to mention that Many, are hey look they had about Three Four all stars, that year but they Had four, yeah yeah so but you KNOW they i don't. THINK not i don't think more than one person stood. Out there all they was by committee and they Attacked their lakers team man Like.
Speaker 2: Like joe they didn't Have. All star They Had, ben wallace They, had rashid They, had prince They, had chauncey so that that.
Speaker 6: Was there they had all five, basketball players Wasn't the they all had five basketball players and they, played together and then they had guys coming off the bench that was not, You feel and so you're right comparison to a one team that won a championship and that was an old four.
Speaker 2: Against us they have a. Superstar neither, you know all players all good.
Speaker 1: Basketball, PLAYERS, HEY gp i think When mail man, GOT hurt i think that really.
Speaker 2: Hurts, Y'ALL.
Speaker 1: Shannon i said, to everybody and, everybody said we were eighteen and two when call alone got hurt when he went down and blew us all up because we didn't have so we didn't have the structure, of everything and, we're applying we're trying to play a TRIANGLE and i was just trying to get custom to. The triangle and then you got to understand we had a lot of problems, within ourselves, you know going through what he was.
Speaker 2: Going through shaq was with a few men With doctor.
Speaker 1: Buss and we were we're in our Thing and carl kept us together because you Remember when carl got hurt and we were before eighteen and two and were always average was SEVENTEEN and i was. Average eighteen so for all, eighteen seventeen seventeen seventeen and it. Was flowing and, You're right karl alone took it away, from us and it blew.
Speaker 2: Us up it blew. Us up when.
Speaker 1: THAT happened kd was online yesterday and had time to go back and forth with someone. On x it all started when he responded to a, TWEET saying i think it's time To Admit kevin durant's trajectory After Leading golden state is. VERY underwhelming, KD responded i. Highly disagreed wan a debate. Another guy the same, guy said. No disrespect you're one of, the best most skilled PLAYERS in, nba history but ever Since Leaving, golden state you haven't done much and you're going to be on your third team and then if you.
Speaker 2: Get traded if you think.
Speaker 1: You Stayed In, golden state you would have won More Championships all stars fifty Forty NINETY All nba official.
Speaker 2: BUCKET brother i also got a.
Speaker 1: CAREER high sis one year hit thirty, thousand points won a couple of gold MEDALS, and mvp or what A career i'm STILL going i.
Speaker 2: LOVE life i haven't. Done much it's just, your opinion not based.
Speaker 1: On facts, once again your statement is talking about me as, an individual right because you can't talk about my teams without talking about everybody else, As well so without them being involved in, the convent it comes down to.
Speaker 2: Just me i've laid it Out what.
Speaker 1: I've done if you want to talk about basketball as a, team sport those are two.
Speaker 2: Separate things this is What.
Speaker 1: WE kevin i agree With what, kevin says but if we look, at it that's not how They. Judge lebron that's not how they've EVER. Done gp they don't judge great. Like that, they're like either, you won because the winners get the credit and when, they lose they get.
Speaker 2: The blame that's just the way.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 2: Is right when you're a, Great, player shinny you're always gonna take. The black it ALWAYS we i don't care what.
Speaker 1: Nobody say when you're a focal point of everything that, you lose you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: The black it's just that you gotta take it the way. It is you gotta take the good for. The bad you Know what. I'm saying you're gonna take it when, It's good so when, it's bad. Take it you Know what. I'm saying And k kate is. My guy, you know that's my.
Speaker 1: Little youngster so he's gonna go back. At you kd leave. It, alone man you know how great. You is just come back what you. Gotta, do man it is what. It is, you know once you come to. A TEAM and I think kat has not been on a good basketball team since He Left. Golden state I'M just i don't believe that he hasn't been on a good. Basketball team he had another great next twoing that can make shots and.
Speaker 2: Do everything You remember draymond was was, was fresh he. Was young you had A. Young clay you Have An. Igua dollar you had a lot of good basketball players.
Speaker 1: Over. Here daddy you know you can get Around and living And ed, living, SAID well i. Got, him god he changed the.
Speaker 2: Game around you Know what. I'm saying it's deep you you Know what.
Speaker 1: I'm Saying, and loan but he's got an if he goes to a good, basketball team if he gets Traded, for phoenix then he can do with IT because i don't think nobody can still. Stop it he can score the basketball. Too well he's still average twenty six. This year ye're, the same you Know what. I'm saying it's just that you just are a bad. Basketball team and what happens is if he gets traded to, somebody good he can he can show that skill again of what he is and he hasn't lost A step i don't care what. You say you don't have to lose the step up in this in, this era IN, this nba because all you got to do is be able, to score and he can still score, The, basketball joe before. You go the problem that he's gonna run into is that when he Went To, golden state he was a, free agent so they didn't have to give. Up anything if you trade, for him you're gonna lose some of. Your depth that's. What happened that's what Happened. With phoenix, oh yeah they, got it but look at what they had to give up to, get, It, right okay and now, you trade now you Bring In, bradley beal you had to give up. More depth and THE analogy i like THE u gp is Like when carmelo Went from Denver To new york where you had to give up so much to. Get him so when he, got there he damned there. By himself SO. And kd gold you, got storing but you got. No depth look at the teams THAT the, nba finals what do they?
Speaker 2: Have depth.
Speaker 1: Both they don't have a PLAYER that's, i mean you Might say shade might be the closest thing and the equivalent, to him but what do.
Speaker 2: They have look at the look at.
Speaker 1: Their benches look at anytime a BOOK on kd and they leave the court the benches was. Was awful so when you can go somewhe as a free agent and they don't have to give up any compensation.
Speaker 2: For, you.
Speaker 1: Now, But LOOK. Kevin kd he's not gonna win. THIS argument i don't care what and everything that he said. Is true he's the he's he's Our greatest olympian, basketball, player no no doubt.
Speaker 2: About it but he was NEVER and i used analogy.
Speaker 1: New edition he was never gonna be accepted LIKE THE o, G, Members, Ronnie bobby Ricky.
Speaker 2: And mike he was never because you know what He Was.
Speaker 1: Johnny Gill johnny gil could not say. Them all but he didn't grow up In.
Speaker 2: Rock ferry.
Speaker 1: So when you look, at it it's like it is it's rare that you have somebody that comes onto a group that that wasn't a part of the original group and people.
Speaker 2: Remember it so THAT'S what.
Speaker 1: KD was kd, Is great he's, historically great and we might not ever feel guy his size that Could handle dirk was. His Hype but dirk shot that. One legged dirk wasn't putting the ball on the floor getting to the REALM. Like kd he wasn't putting the ball on the floor and getting TO the MIDI. Like Kd, AS shannon I gotta i gotta correct you. On that the greatest lift In. Is carmel oh You Put, carmelo okay because he he done scored all the points in. The thing he did everything in a Lot of olympics that he got all the do it off. The, beach yeah he got all. The records so if you want to say doing all accomplishment In the olympics as, one Player.
Speaker 2: That's carmelo know what's, Your Take, joe.
Speaker 1: Man listen as far AS uh kd moving around going to a, new, TEAM uh i want to see him go, Somewhere, man well he don't have to do much.
Speaker 2: Dirty. WORK fellas i want to see him go somewhere where he, can just, you know kind.
Speaker 1: Of.
Speaker 2: Thrive, offensively, yeah defensively he gonna make.
Speaker 1: A difference but if you put him on any team that's pretty GOOD, and gp, you notice he gonna take him over.
Speaker 2: The, top man he's gonna take him to that.
Speaker 1: Next level what they try to Whether It's, san antonio Whether, it's houston Whether, it's, detroit.
Speaker 2: Wherever wherever it.
Speaker 1: May, BE uh i just want to see him get get somewhere to where, you know he can catapult a team to the.
Speaker 2: Next, level man what Team? George? What what What team georgia you? Take that that that? WOULD be i mean just depends on what.
Speaker 1: We gotta what you gotta give up to, Get Him, LIKE houston i love three team deal and give away two of them little Players. From houston keep your core a little bit, of core and then you'll you can she'll. Be, good yeah cause you gonna probably. Have to the thing is you're probably gonna have to give Up shot Good And. Jalen Green jalen green care, About That, jalen green as, you know but you got all the other younger players Around because i'm not giving up On.
Speaker 2: Men thompson i'm not Giving. Up thompson i'm. Not nothing and You know shak you know. He's big oh, YOU know i CAN'T see i Can't see houston Giving up. Shane going you don't think? So now MAYBE now.
Speaker 1: I know i don't know if the money add up if you Give Up Jabbari. Smith JR but i don't see them giving Up sing.
Speaker 2: GOOON man i don't give them Up.
Speaker 1: NEITHER shannon i would Give up green and ro. And problem but how we how do we make the? Money right but you gotta go on three, Team trade That's what. I'm saying you gotta bring a thirteen in to bring them moving there because the third team can give up some. Draft picks you're gonna have to least give up three first round draft picks for a. Half CHEAP and i don't know if you'll have to give up that much OF no GP because i think you're gonna look at.
Speaker 2: His age he's gonna be, thirty seven plus his. Injury History, But, dan shannon you should have got to think. About it the other team's gotta get.
Speaker 1: Something too there are third team out to get at least one first round because think.
Speaker 2: About it because here, another, thing guys we gotta.
Speaker 1: Thank you we gotta take, INTO Consideration, O, Joe yeah luca doncons at, twenty five Win For anthony davis and another in a first round pick at.
Speaker 2: Twenty. Five bro But, but shannon you went for a. Day exactly davis is pretty. Goddamn cook hell. Watches out you know What he's he's thirty two with the.
Speaker 1: Injury History and i'm giving you a guy that just took the team TO the NBA five if at, twenty five and look what he did when he came back To the lakers and then do it.
Speaker 2: Too, Much, hey hey we don't get. It right one ain't. Gonna work we're gonna. Get it we're gonna get. It right.
Speaker 1: He, go hey as a matter, of fact He traded lebron, RIGHT now i know you a big l, a Thing but I'm a. Lebron, fan, no, no, No no I'm with i'm a fan of he. Is too but when, We leave i'm. GOING somewhere i don't Know where, i'm Going but i'm. Going somewhere you.
Speaker 2: Like traveling, Off, STARS hey i. Get, it hey, at first My first.
Speaker 1: At first kobe was. MY guy i Was a, Kobe fan burns one of my. Best, friends uh he Was a. Lebron fan now he Knew About kevin Duran Because kevin durant is from, That Area Prince, george county so that d M. V a, HE said i tell YOU what. I do, He said i'll let You have i'll let You have lebron if you Give me Kevin. Dur red, he said as a matter, OF fact i Give you kobe AND leb, i said, hold on you're gonna Get me Kobe and lebron and all you Want Is kevin DURRANT because i was supposed to get the next guy to come out the, Next Year So kevin durant theoretic was supposed to be. MY player, i, said, Okay DONE so I got, I said I got Covid and broun bro. You high so He's been so he got KD and I got Kobe. And lebron, but uh IT'S just I don't, I mean i'm just trying to figure out where can he go where they don't have to give they don't have to give up. Their depth because you look at these, two teams what got them to where, they are what's? Their, DEPTH yeah i think he goes Back To. GOLDEN state i, was, thinking no he ain't. Going back you don't want to go back there because because the way where. It ended but if he goes, BACK there i guarantee you they'll be they'll they'll they'll be a contingent for.
Speaker 2: The championship oh well at.
Speaker 1: First break but here's, the, Thing though you Giving, Up kaminga you Giving, up moody you giving up all.
Speaker 7: Those guys, get enough you're gonna. GIVE up i think two of them you'll. Open there you. Give up and But, but shan they're not. Playing anyway It, doesn't matt you're gonna give up to.
Speaker 2: Me anyway he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna lead he's. Gonna lead now they're gonna try to trade. Him Anyway, even boody you don't even play. Him anyway you don't. Play him so you're gonna be the. Same way you're Gonna have, Butler uh curry uh and and And. Then draymond that's. YOUR four I and i don't care how these. Dudes is they still was in the playoffs and making noise this year being.
Speaker 2: That way only reason they Lost to minnesota is Because that curry.
Speaker 1: GOT hurt i understand if you keep them other little cords around you to play, their roles so they will be a good basketball team for him to go back to and and he can go and HE and i guarantee that they will still be in the playoffs and then gonna make a run for a championship.
Speaker 2: With him that's all.
Speaker 1: They needed they just, needed him and then You bake butler become the. Third option, come, on man they gonna be pretty good because that's what they did when they when they want, a champion they won the.
Speaker 2: Two championship they, Had him clay.
Speaker 1: A Right and drey mind doing EVERYTHING, That, gp man thanks for, joining. Us man we know you got a. Business. Schedule man thanks for jumping on with, us tonight breaking the. Game, down hey when you get, a, few hey maybe come back and break it down. With it if we get a, game seven come back and finishing up. With us, you, know man y'all y'all gotta do is, ask. Me man you know, y'all man, y'all know y'all fa fath, APPRECIATE.
Speaker 2: That gp we go this week, This, show, yes sir