Speaker 1: Speaks to the Plannet.
Speaker 2: I go by the name of Charlamagne the God, and guess what, I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions Man, D B and Wheezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money podcast. We're taking Jay Valentine. We got the Woman of All Podcasts with Saray Jake Roberts, we got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, you don't want to miss this.
Speaker 2: Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Can't Believe Reckless, the production of iHeartRadio and The Black Effects.
Speaker 1: Oh Shit be back on the air.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to yet another carefully reckless episode with your girl. Just hilarious. We had Taylor here today, allre you looking. What she's expressing to me is at twenty one weeks, this baby has been giving her the blues already. She said, it felt like he's stretching my stomach. I said, well, the fat that's what pregnancy do. The stomach a't supposed to say.
Speaker 1: The same size.
Speaker 4: Tailor, Yeah, but that baby boy trying to grow in there. He bacons yeah, but he got a chill out.
Speaker 3: So for those who don't know, this is Tailor's first baby, that's our first time being pregnant, y'all. So she she'llin. She ain't know that it was gonna be like this. She know that it was.
Speaker 1: It was is. I was like, oh, I had no morning sickness and everything else.
Speaker 3: Huh that second try master that hit that baby was like, watch this, these are my fashions. Yes, I'm going into my third to wait, No, these are my contractions. She having brax and hicks already. She cannot deal with it, y'all. She ain't here, like was this happening to you? I said, girl, yeah, that's why I was sped up the whole time of a breakfast club. I ain't give a fuck about what nobody was going through. I'm telling you the old time people was in the comments like, just don't give a fuck about none of that stuff she talked about, and just with the mess.
Speaker 1: I sure the hell did not. I did not.
Speaker 3: I don't care this lord. Man, Molly was in there stretching my stomach out. Remember the first time I felt her kick was at work? Oh yeah, man, I was four months and I had my first contraction at five months, So yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Are right one time boo. I know.
Speaker 3: But I told her it's only gonna get worse. So we're gonna jump right into it. She ain't gonna read it, because look I'm gonna read She don't give a damn.
Speaker 1: She don't.
Speaker 3: She wouldn't even give a fuck about fixing the mess with me.
Speaker 1: But she in here, so she gonna fix it with me. So we're gonna jump straight in.
Speaker 3: We do not have voice memos this week, but we have some written passages, so let's struggle.
Speaker 1: Hi, Jess, So I have a bit of a situation.
Speaker 3: I believe my homegirl's son had autism and she is being in denial of it. I have mentioned to her that I used to work with autistic kids, and he shows signs of it, but she always justify it as him being young and that's how kids act when they're young. Okay, but baby, I don't know too many kids that act like that at his age, and the ones I do know are autistic. It may or may not be that, but he is definitely showing signs of it, and I recommend it to her one day that he should really get checked before it gets.
Speaker 1: Any worse, and she went the fuck off.
Speaker 3: I just threw my hands up and said, you got it, because at that point, I guess no one could tell her nothing about her child. I also get it that it's hard hearing someone say your child may have autism, but I'm literally saying it to look out for her and her son. I love her son to death and I want what's best for him. But homegirl is just being extremely in denial, and I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: Shake in my head, what should I do?
Speaker 3: Well, you got to throw your hands up, and you already did what you were supposed to do. You know what I mean, you got it. You did exactly what you were supposed to do. I think from the jump, even coming to her, if this is your friend. Do you understand what I'm saying? And she is one of your good friends, then you kind of should have already been able to predict how she would act. I mean, because I know all my homegirls. I know how they act. I know how they're going to respond to this. That's the part of even knowing your friends too, right. You know, I wouldn't say give up, but try to introduce it another way. I want to know exactly how you told her, you know, because a lot because yeah, you got to.
Speaker 1: Put yourself on her shoes too. That's her child, you know what I mean? And I get it.
Speaker 3: A lot of people have that guard up when you're trying to tell them something about their child. And then do you have children? You probably don't have children. You didn't tell me whether you did or did not. But I know a lot of things tend to go left when somebody with no kids is trying to tell somebody with kids about their children, or how to raise a child, or how to go about even being a parent. Sometimes I know that can be very insulting. It definitely can raise a red flag to get the fuck out of a friendship or something like that. I've had friends to come at me about my parenting, but they didn't even have children. You feel me, you feel me, and still don't have children, So yeah, that definitely can be a thing.
Speaker 1: But this is serious. This is a very serious matter.
Speaker 3: And if you have worked with children, you know, and you have worked with autistic children specifically, then you probably are right about some of the symptoms or some of the behaviors that he's showing or displaying, and you're just taking what you see as an observation. And you bought it to your friend and she was upset about it. Like I said, it could have been a delivery, you know what I mean, because she is your homegirl. So I don't know how y'all talk, how y'all communicate with each other, but it probably was a little offensive coming from her homegirl, you know, especially if you told her in an ignorant.
Speaker 1: Way, you know.
Speaker 3: But I don't think you did anything wrong by bringing awareness to it. Now, how old is he? You didn't let me know how old he is, but I do know because my mother is a licensed professional. She has been working in childcare administration since before I was born, and she's worked with autistic children as well. And I know that you have to be a certain age to even get checked for any of that because they want you to. You know, a lot of times it is how children act, you know, believe it or not, a lot of kids have displayed different behaviors, and you may think that your child is going to have a speech impediment or you know, a learning disability, and they they one day they wake up and they straight you know what I mean, Like everybody learns, Every kid learns at their own pace.
Speaker 1: Every kid is different.
Speaker 3: She's an educator, no, she she just said that she worked.
Speaker 1: She didn't even say she was a specialist.
Speaker 3: She just said I have mentioned to her that I used to work with autistic kids and he shows signs up it. But she always justified as him being young and saying that's how kids act when they're young. And she said in the next the next sitting said, but baby, this is not how kids act at his age. You know. So maybe she does know something, but I think it's about her delivery. But I does she got to tell me how who he is, because I know you got to be either three or five, or between three and five to be seen at Kennedy Kreeger Kennedy Kreeger is one of those facilities that you do take your children to to be evaluated to see if they have autism or to see if they have any type of learning disabilities or developmental issues or anything like that. So I just need to know more about him. But actually I don't hold up, hold up, I know this shit getting good. But listen to just a couple seconds of a commercial. If you love me, you'll listen.
Speaker 1: This is more so about you and your friend.
Speaker 3: If you think about it, the little boy is going to get the help because although she your friend, is she took it the wrong way? Or is she I offended? Parents, That instinct kicks in where it's like, yo, I need to make sure my child is okay, you know. And I'm pretty sure you're not the only person that bought it up to her. You know, maybe she is dealing with it in her own way.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I had a god sister who my mother told at a very young age her son my mother. My mother had told her because my godbrother, I mean, my god daughter.
Speaker 1: Fuck am I pregnant? Shit?
Speaker 3: Come on, this shit is getting contagious over here, tailor move away from here. No, I had a god's sister right, who had who put her child in my mother's.
Speaker 1: Her preschool years and years ago.
Speaker 3: And he was about one or two when he came, and and he wasn't on the level as the other one or two year old. My mom has different age groups, and so my mom had noticed that it was like he had some type of learning disability, you know, And so she bought it to my godsister's attention. And my godsister being a young parent, and just like offended. And you know, when you young can't nobby tell you shit, you know, you get offended before your understanding. But she bought that to her attention, and so she got upset. She took him out the daycare for a little bit, and she ended up putting them back in. And when she came back, like a few years later, she did say, god, mommy, and you are right, he did have issues. I did take him to Kennedy Kreager. Yeah, and I think that he was about three and a half or four, because she came she brought him back a few years later. I'm gonna just say he was four. And she did say that she agreed. She was like, I just wasn't ready to accept it yet. You weren't the only person to say that. It just made me feel like I did something wrong to my child, blamed myself. I didn't know how to deal with it, and I had to get therapy for it because she blamed herself.
Speaker 1: You know, that's how you feel as a parent.
Speaker 4: I just remember my mom was a kindergarten teacher, and she used to try to tell her parents because I tell the parents, like, you know, your child I think might have a and she's a getting like probably arguments with them because you know, the parents don't want to hear that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean, Like I'm working with your kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's why I said. I understand both sides, but you still have to have an open mind. And then these days the ratio was way higher than it used to be because they're changing shit in our food.
Speaker 1: They're changing.
Speaker 3: Man, I don't eat when I say down to the shots that they give our children now when they're born.
Speaker 1: That's what I don't trust it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, my daughter, she went to the I took her to her first visit when she had to get her shots. They offered me six shots my daughter was supposed to get. No, it was five a series of five shots. I said, you will not be sticking her five times. I don't give a fuck what is in those syringes? You're not sicking her five times.
Speaker 1: I remember who was telling me.
Speaker 4: My friend was telling me that she had a friend that they're trying to give her baby shots and she denied. I forgot what shot it was, but.
Speaker 1: They called, like CP what's the CP? Oh?
Speaker 3: They called Child Protective Services on her because she refused to pump her daughter with some unknowing substance.
Speaker 4: I forgot what shot it was, but it was that was crazy wow.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing, like, Yo, you don't even have like we especially if you don't even know where the ship came from, you know what I mean? Like I remember when I was born. Well, I don't remember when I was born.
Speaker 1: My mom told me.
Speaker 3: She said, I remember taking you to the goddamn doctor. And it was only one or two shots that you had to get. It was a technic shot, and then it was another type of shot. I forgotten now now it was so many, Like I don't know what the fuck y'all pumping at my child and I'm not doing it. Even my twelve year old he went to the doctor a few months ago, right, and my mom had took him.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So she calls me, she's like, you know your doctor so and so he needs for you to get permission for him to get Ash in this shot on the phone.
Speaker 1: I said, well, which shot is it.
Speaker 3: He gets on the phone and he explains it to me, and it's basically for Ash to be protected against all STDs if he's to catch if he's to catch an STD, he can't pass it to somebody else. First of all, my son is twelve. Okay, two condoms, that's what the fuck we're gonna use.
Speaker 1: I don't even know. That don't even make no fucking sense.
Speaker 3: If this is to protect him from STDs, but if he still gets it, he can't pass it on, that doesn't make any fucking sense to me.
Speaker 1: So I declined it. I don't know. I don't know if they call.
Speaker 3: CBS or not, but I was out of Sam said he wouldn't have came from me. But that didn't even make sense to me. Tall I swear, I was like, mah no, I'm declining that and any other fucking shot they want to give them, I don't.
Speaker 4: I had to do more research too, and that guy's asking my friend, I'm like, what are the shots that they with mandatory? And what is like?
Speaker 1: I know at one point the Technis shot was very.
Speaker 3: Mandatory because especially in urban areas, because you know, dirty nails and drug needles and shit like that.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. I get it, got it whatever, cool.
Speaker 3: But if you ain't never exposed to any of that shit, you straight without it. Like I don't care. I don't care. My daughter did not get those five shots. I don't give a hot goddamn. She's been fine ever since, you know what I mean. We feed her natural fucking foods. Her grandmother, that Mexican woman, she going and she goes to the farmer's market and she gets my baby sweet potatoes and she gets the fruit. She don't let it eat bananas because she said bananas are a man made fruit.
Speaker 1: But like my my.
Speaker 3: Daughter's grandmother is very particular about her diet and everything like that woman don't fucking play about her, you know. And that's why I'm blessed to have Chris's mom with us. But nigga, please, but that's where all of that shit stems from. I feel like, yo, back in the day, you didn't see as many autistic kids.
Speaker 1: You didn't see many.
Speaker 3: Health issues arise so early in people's lives. Like people are dropping dead at certain ages, and I mean at young ass ages, and shit, you know what I mean. And I feel like it's a lot of what they're doing. They're polluting the food. They putting something in the food, They putting something in all them vitamins that we can buy over the counter.
Speaker 1: I don't even trust over the counter shit no more. You know what I mean. If you love me, you'll listen to this commercial and then we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Everything they changed in the formula and everything. So the candy balls, none of that shit tastes the same. The chips, don't say, nothing tastes like it used to nothing. I don't know what they Yeah, yeah, a lot of things, a lot of that fast food is getting recalled.
Speaker 1: Yo. I was just looking at something the other day that said the Junior Bacon cheeseburger, which is a burger on the Wendy's menu, that is the most healthiest burger in the US in fast food. I'm sorry, yeah, in fast food that's the healthiest.
Speaker 3: Supposedly, that is the healthiest burger, and fast food Wendy's, Wendy's Junior Junior Cheeseburger, or some ship.
Speaker 4: I don't know because I actually ate Wendy's and that she haped me sick.
Speaker 3: But you're pregnant, right, I know. Yeah, don't trust none of that ship. Don't be giving that ship to my baby.
Speaker 1: On here. I know the list, like burs, I had this, I had the nuggets. Oh, Wendy's nuggets is to die for, honey, love them? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What kind of sauce? Did you have? The barbecue? Absolutely? And you got sick, I.
Speaker 4: Mean didn't get sick right away, but eventually, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know that's crazy.
Speaker 4: I think I was telling me to not go to anything even get it, because I went to like three different ways. I just wanted some fries.
Speaker 1: Oh you cray fries? Well, I love? What about McDonald's fries? I loved what crazy? Are not good? I know.
Speaker 4: I originally was trying to get McDonald fries, but each McDonald I went to the line was too long or one of like you have sent me to, like the one that's not even under construction.
Speaker 1: And then I just sall for Wendy's.
Speaker 3: And oh no, and you just end up getting the nuggets. You didn't even get fries, right, you did? Did you like the fries there? Yeah? No, ain't nothing like McDonald's fries with ice cream cone. Oh my god, the ice cream cone with the fries, because it's something about the sweet and salty. And that's not a crazy craven by the way, because I know people who ain't never been pregnant to eat that. I love, Yes, and the mcflurries oreo what but no, no, don't, don't. Don't even put don't put your baby through that.
Speaker 1: Don't put yourself. Five guys.
Speaker 3: I feel like their burgers would be great if they seasoned them. I feel like they're never seasoned. No, I don't like five guys. I don't.
Speaker 1: I can't stand it. I just love.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna try to stay it from all greasy stuff, though.
Speaker 1: You're trying to.
Speaker 3: Okay, all greasy stuff. Okay, Jesus, the bagel.
Speaker 4: Eat that kind's greasy.
Speaker 1: The bagel if.
Speaker 3: You get an extra butter on it tailor Yeah, and I'd be saying you you can pull some goddamn all of or you god damn bagel. That bagel will be like you can grease your whole body with the fucking bagels that you eat tailor.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. It's good though.
Speaker 3: I tell you one thing, that baby gonna slide right the funk out come on that five hours back. The inside's gonna be greasy as ship lord giving that baby all that damn grease.
Speaker 1: But I ain't gonna lie. Ain't nothing like a greasy as big ol y'all. It is it is? It is you the.
Speaker 3: Plain ones or which ones cinnamons, simmon reasons, hoppos man, we're supposed to be fixing somebodys and my bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell your friend again, tell your friend, but you gotta deliver it the right way.
Speaker 3: You can't be walking up to your friend like girl flying rollahin him because the way he acts like, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, like nice, I don't know how he say it that she might just get No.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell her how to say it. I'm gonna tell her how to say this. How were going in the episode. I think you should sit down with your friend and you should first of all apologize for First of all, apology if you came off a certain way. You gotta sit there with your friend first, right and be like, listen, we are homegirls. We are friends, and I should be able to talk to you about anything, and maybe my delivery came off very unsettling, you know, And I don't have children. If you don't have children, you say, I don't have children. So if I came off insensitive bringing up you know, little Johnny's behaviors. I don't know his name, you know little Johnny's behaviors, then I'm sorry. But I do strongly urge you to get him checked out for him, because I work with these kids, you know, And there's nothing wrong with you accepting it. It's nothing wrong with him. That don't mean something's wrong with you. That don't mean something is going to be wrong with him forever. It's worth looking into, though, you know what I mean. Like you got to position it like that. You got to meet her where she is. You know, you gotta disarm because she's gonna have that guard up when you sit down and have this conversation again.
Speaker 1: But you gotta have it.
Speaker 3: You know, you said you love her son like he's yours, like like he's your nephew, Like this is your homegirl. You feel me, so treat that as such, but take a softer approach. You get what I'm saying, like, you work with kids, you know what's up, you know, and if you do have kids, that's even better, you know, because then you can come to her from one mom to another. You know, we all right, I'm just coming to you from one mother to another. YO, Like, I really want the best for him. I look at him like he's mine, you know what I mean, And I really feel like you should get him the necessary help. It may not even be anything, but say if it is, and you know your pride, because you're battling with your pride, it might get worse, you know what I mean, Like you gotta put all your feelings aside, put all your pride aside, and go get the help for your baby. You are his superhero, you his mother. He's gonna count on you for the rest of his life, you know what I mean. I'm just somebody that observed it. But I love him, and I need you to trust that I love your son. You don't trust that I love your.
Speaker 1: Son, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like kind of reverse psychology that you know a little bit but because but it's the truth though. But sometimes that's how you got to communicate, you know, That's how you got to get your your your shit across. So just like that, we've come to the end of another Catholic reckless episode with your girl just hilarious.
Speaker 1: And what I'll be doing, I'll be fixing mess.
Speaker 3: Tyte is right here about to have my baby say thank you Taylor thing.
Speaker 4: Oh Lord, here she go. I was talking to the people. Now say say you welcome, You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Okay, catch us next week. Peace Can't Fully Reckless is a production of iHeart Radio and The Black Effect. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.