Speaker 1: I sleep in seventy two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I sleep in seventy two degree weather.
Speaker 1: In seventy two degree weather, that's where you have your thermostat on.
Speaker 2: What my thermostat is on. Also, I have to get in touch with psng Hi. Everybody, Welcome to another episode of this bull Chat.
Speaker 1: This bull Chat.
Speaker 2: So we're just not going to try and say it in sync.
Speaker 1: Today's Wednesday, August second.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: The thing is like, I have a new listener that just found the podcast. There is this lady Barbara in Cooper's camp and Cooper is trying to explain to her about the serial podcast, and so Cooper just sent her the link and the first episode that was there was bull Chat. So she didn't really understand, like because she thought there was serial. So you remember when I told you it was going to be confusing to people.
Speaker 2: Remember it's not confusing to anyone to brand making confusing to a brand new person making it confusing. It's really not that confusing. It clearly states bull Chat. And then if you keep looking.
Speaker 1: On what sounds like serial to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what's crazy is when you just look at it, it's bull Chat. It's like Sawyer goes for a run. Oh so so cereals running? No, and then you listen to it and it's a longer episode, you know, deductive reasoning.
Speaker 1: It does a lot brand. I can't anymore.
Speaker 2: I can't anymore. I can't do it. Yes, I did, just for you, buddy.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, this is bull Chatt sister podcast to Serial Killers. That's the podcast where we talk about cereal and we eat it and we rate it. And I see Nate and they're banging on the window. I don't know what can you hear? Oh? Oh are you trying to hear us? Oh? Well, I gotta keep the button pushed out. It's a whole thing I would. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Does he come through on that?
Speaker 1: Well? Now, now now I think you do?
Speaker 2: Wait what No, I don't want to be a part of this caved in podcast. Caved in? Wow, Nate, thank you?
Speaker 1: I just see you looking at us. No, just turn it off. Okay, I'm gonna shut you off now, goodbye.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Back to what I was gonna say about PSC and G. I found out the p S and G has been scamming me. I have found this out.
Speaker 1: I have done.
Speaker 2: Are we not? Is this an episode or is this just Scott?
Speaker 1: I'm listening PSC ANDNG I found this out. Yeah sorry, our our our boss boss texted.
Speaker 2: Me our boss boss.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh go ahead, I'm listening anyway.
Speaker 2: So yeah, PSC and G sign me up for their equal payment plan, which I never agreed to.
Speaker 1: Is that the budget plan?
Speaker 2: That's yes, right, okay, And I'd be getting charged ninety nine dollars every month.
Speaker 1: That's fine, It's not fine, Sure it is.
Speaker 2: My bill was fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it will catch up. It does not catch up, it does anything, and then they refund it.
Speaker 2: I have not gotten any refund. They're charging me absurd amounts because Nick pays monthly, does not have the equal payment plan, and that kid uses tons of AC and his bill is sixty five dollars? So why am I paying ninety nine? I never get this money back in my account? I checked.
Speaker 1: Does he live in the same town as you? Yes, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: It's they're overcharging me. Sometimes they even get like over one hundred and six.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is, sometimes, like you, it's weird in apartment buildings. Because I lived in an apartment building.
Speaker 2: The meters are all fed up.
Speaker 1: Yes, I lived in an apartment building one time, and I was actually paying for somebody else's electricity. I know because that little meter room downstairs it's faulty as hell. It is faulty as hell.
Speaker 2: They are overcharging me, and I am done with it. Oh good luck, like four hundred something dollars.
Speaker 1: Good luck with that. By the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm going to talk to somebody today and I'm going to say, excuse me, this doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Idiot, have fun with Let me know how that goes next week.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna go well, I'll tell you from now It'm gonna get Oh well, you're going to transfer you. Oh well, you signed up for the equal payment plans, sir, you agree to the terms and services if anything. Now we're going to charge you one hundred and twenty dollars a month now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, I'm pissed off because my apartment, my lease is up right, they raise it right last Oh yeah, by three hundred dollars, which like wtf, sorry, not gonna answer. No, okay, well, no, anyway they want to charge you. But then I asked, excuse me, if you're overcharge, can I get like my six months free parking? No one ever responded, and so I might have to go to monthly, which scares me because then they could just kick me out at any time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't miss any of these things. Now I live in a house.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But at the same time, having a house sounds terrible too. I mean, every single time that you talk about your house, you're like, Ugh, this again, the mortgage, the least countertops. Oh if this breaks, who's gonna fix that.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I've ever complained about countertops. I do love that I have a driveway. That's cool. That's the one thing that I wanted when I lived in Hoboke. And I'm like, ugh, gotta walk three blocks with all these grocery bags, and now you can't even use plastic bags anymore? What are you carrying? But do you got the little old lady cart? Is that what you do? Boomer?
Speaker 2: You've ever said and what's said? With these plastic bags? You can't even use it anymore?
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: He wants the deal with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you carrying?
Speaker 2: I mean, I use a reusable bag, or I just buy them for the ten cents. It's really not that big deal.
Speaker 1: No, But those are paper and they rip as you're walking down blocks and blocks. Apple Juice jars breaking in the street.
Speaker 2: Apple juice jars? What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's an apple juice jar? I meant to say apple sauce jar? Okay, you know the big Mott's apple sauce.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's plastic now, but still, you know. Yeah, it's just I longed for a driveway because I grew up with the driveway. Then I moved to Hoboken, no driveway for ten years, and I was like, I need a driveway. I can't. I can't do this. I can't find a parking spot two blocks away. Hope for the best, get up on my groceries. Try to do it in one shot. Stumbled down the block, things falling all over the place, bags ripping, terror. What a nightmare. So this happened to you, Absolutely it did.
Speaker 2: I think you are one of the only people who never adjusted to city life. Then, well, because I were you over buying continuously.
Speaker 1: I wanted to make one trip. I didn't want to have to walk back to the car two blocks.
Speaker 2: And now you'll find any excuse to go to the supermarket.
Speaker 1: I love the supermarket. Yeah, that's my happy place. Yeah it really is.
Speaker 2: And to think that, like a couple of years ago, it seems like you hated it and would only try and go once.
Speaker 1: That is, who are you talking to you?
Speaker 2: Mister? Oh you got the apple jars and the sauce and you walk down and things are falling out. There was paper bag. You're going, you have to find its driveway. I need its driveway, so this way, I could, you know, get all my groceries and check.
Speaker 1: That was twenty years ago, you said, just a few years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I loved I love the supermarket. It's my favorite place in the world. Yes, yeah, back then I should say, you know, I need like three items, and I'll still go up and down every aisle. I love it. I'm like do to do, to do, just like you know the typewriter guy from Sesame Street. I don't remember, we talked about it one hundred episodes ago, No, no noon to now that guy. I'll just go up and down the aisles, tune out the world, and like, ah, those are new granola bars. Look at Oh that's a new product. I'm going to try this.
Speaker 2: Nothing sounds more hellish to me than what you're describing. Really, I want no part of that. I don't want to be in a grocery store, just casually just walk in the aisles saying.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, a new that's my having granola bars, that's my heaven. Love it terrible.
Speaker 2: I just want to be in out call it a day. Okay, I just I get two over stimulated, and I'll tell you something my brain wants.
Speaker 1: The self checkout lanes are back. They couldn't sustain it with shutting it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah what self checkout?
Speaker 1: They had all the Oh they stopped, they stopped it. People were stealing stuff, even though they wouldn't say that. That's why they like, we want to streamline blah blah blah. No, there was a lot of theft, and that's that's why. And I get it because people are jerk, you know Scott Reports, you know people left.
Speaker 2: In the shop right.
Speaker 1: People will get the tree eleven, people will get the good tree ripe peaches, and they'll put the p lu in for the crappy peaches.
Speaker 2: And both the codes, I.
Speaker 1: Really I don't know a lot of them. I know bananas a four zero one one, because that's the most common. You know, four two two five is something.
Speaker 2: So like when you do that, what's the grocery one.
Speaker 1: In the grocery one you know what, I'm done with them. Go ahead, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, please, you go on.
Speaker 1: I want to hear the story first.
Speaker 2: What do you do? What did you have to get?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Did you have to pin in the codes?
Speaker 1: Oh? Sure?
Speaker 2: You basically are just shopping with someone else's money.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's why I love that. But I still scan all their receipts and I get all the points and everything.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a double dip there, triple sometimes.
Speaker 2: I love that for you. Yeah, So why are you done with instacarts?
Speaker 1: Okay? So during the pandemic, instacart was amazing. You could make a lot of money on it. Yeah, you can make hundreds and hundreds of dollars a week. So people that was their job, you know. And as it came out of the pandemic, people would go into the store again, and so the order is kind of dried up. And now I was actually just looked at it yesterday for the first time in a long time, and I'm like, hold on a second. So you're gonna pay me seven dollars and sixty eight cents to go to a supermarket, buy forty items and deliver it to two different houses. Seven dollars and sixty eight cents few that's absurd. That would have been like sixty dollars two years ago.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the orders are less, the tips are less, and just it's it's really like a crappy platform.
Speaker 2: Now, well now that like Uber offers a grocery, door Dash offers grocery, it's kind of like, what's their anger? Really, Like I got a year free of Instacart Plus, but like at that point, I feel like I'm always overpaying anyway. Yes, so I'm like, what am I doing?
Speaker 1: The only time I ever actually used Instacart with they're like, we miss you, here's thirty dollars and I had a credit so I used it. But other than that, I don't know. There's I don't know how I see it. I don't really know the end of like buying things. I only know the delivery and and stuff. So I just know that those people are not making the money they used to. Every once in a while you'll get a big one because someone will tip twenty dollars. Yeah, those are the good orders, but otherwise I'm done with it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm also do you tip? Like your Uber driver?
Speaker 1: I am not allowed to use Uber.
Speaker 2: Do you tip? Your lift driver.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do, and I usually give them more than what it's right, Like, I give them more than the ten or twenty percent.
Speaker 2: So what's crazy is I mentioned this the other day, like, oh, do you tip your uber driver or your lift driver whoever? And everyone's like why really, They're like why would you tip them? I'm like, because they got you there and the money goes to them. They're like, right, would you tip like a taxi driver the full thing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, yes, they don't make they don't make all that money the fee that you pay, most of it goes to uber Uber.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why if like they can, if I can, I happily will give them like twenty percent.
Speaker 1: If someone takes her to the airport, you don't tip them.
Speaker 2: I mean right, that's what I said. I feel like it's cheap not to look.
Speaker 1: There are certain industries where tipping is not necessary. Yeah, when you just go to a place and you order something and they just pull it off the shelf and then they turn the iPad around, it's like tip.
Speaker 2: The US is a little insane with tip culture. I will give it that. Like we are at I think the pin like the highest point of tip culture where it's gonna have to crumble at some point because it's too much. Like, to be honest, servers should get paid a living wage. We should not be like giving server their life livelihood shouldn't depend on a table and if they're gonna get a tip that day.
Speaker 1: Agreed, Like I thought it was weird. The other day, I went to Grand Central because I had to take the train out of there and I had some time to kill and there was this lobster bar there and I was like, that is really cool and I forget what it was called, but and they they had lobster rolls and they had crab rolls, which I had never seen before. So I was like, can I get one crab roll please? This girl turned around, pulled it off the rack and put it down in front of me and flipped the thing over and said, you can add the tip there. She literally said you can add the tip there, And I was like what, but I felt pressured. Yeah, so I put a dollar. Yeah, you know, but is that really necessary to be honest? I know this argument has been going on forever.
Speaker 2: No, but I think it serves it's because it's kind of never been crazier, Like why are we giving tips for every little thing?
Speaker 1: Perhaps you and I should put our venmo out there and you guys can tip us for this because we're.
Speaker 2: Sitting there on their birthdays. Have you ever seen that, Like people on their birthdays will be like, hey, help me out this year for my birthday?
Speaker 1: You're thinking of.
Speaker 2: You should answer that. That's the second time he's called.
Speaker 1: Hi, Scary. We're recording the podcast. I emailed you the spot so you can forward it. Hello, sounds like he just crashed in. I'm gonna I'm gonna text him back. Yeah, I get it. I sent it to him so he could scary AskMen. It records something for him and it's just go on, go on with a tipping free take.
Speaker 2: A quick break and then we'll be back.
Speaker 1: Ready But no, no, no, no no, because when we take a break, we're not actually taking a break.
Speaker 2: And we're back. But anyway, back were tipping culture. So tipping culture is interesting because like say, even the bougie coffee shop across the street, I asked for five drip coffees.
Speaker 1: What does a drip coffee?
Speaker 2: So drip coffee is like what you would get anywhere?
Speaker 1: Can you just get a coffee?
Speaker 2: It is just a coffee. He's not just I'm in every man. I just wanted to be called coffee. Yeah, it's a drip coffee. There, go to the deli, give me to pour over. Don't you just have to separate? I want that takes like three minutes. I want just drip.
Speaker 1: How much is this drip coffee?
Speaker 2: And you're just five dollars?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's really silly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well sometimes I have the coffee in the morning, but if somebody else is paying for it, then I'm happily go.
Speaker 1: To the delly over there or the cart and get it for a dollar. So, okay, it's coffee. It's coffee. Those aren't even good. They're not even good.
Speaker 2: They're delicious. You just refuse to try them. You've never had it.
Speaker 1: They did try it, and it was bitter like Starbucks. All right, you're bitter like star yea, actually good.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they pour They do pour over, which means they just go over to the machine, they press the thing and then it just goes it and they give you five cups like they give you have very many cups. And then they look at you and it's four dollars for a tip, And like, I want to tip them because I'm like, how much are they getting paid? But it's also crazy that, like, you just poured me a cup of coffee and I have to give you four dollars.
Speaker 1: You don't have to.
Speaker 2: I just feel bad.
Speaker 1: But you know if you don't, next time, they're gonna stir it with their junk.
Speaker 2: That's what you always say. I've explained this to people before about you too, Like you have an extreme like fear that if people are like diddling with your things.
Speaker 1: Well they are just like the homeless guy that we just talked to, he was diddling. No, he wasn't diddling, but you know, so I had to go record something and I had to go to a place and I had to buy something and I didn't finish it. And I said to the guy, I'm like, hey, do you want this? I don't. I don't want this. He's like, did you do anything to it? And I was like, no, I just don't want it.
Speaker 2: There's someone actually who's I think he's Jersey City famous. I call him Jerk and Joe, and he he is all around the city and you pass him and that man's hand is in his pants at all times, and I'm always like dude, it's like eleven thirty in the afternoon. What are you doing? He's out eleven thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: I should say, did you say eleven thirty in the afternoon. That's amazing, that's amazing, Going, God, you're so dumb. Maybe, and he said, with that expensive coffee, expensive coffee, just so down, wake yourself up.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Yeah, but any time of day, morning, noon, and night, he's out there. He's just hand in the pants and you pass him and you're like.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, is he just resting his hand on his waistband or is he doing things?
Speaker 2: Well? He must be pensive because that hand is going on.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, how could you do it that much?
Speaker 2: I truly have no idea. How old is it all around the city?
Speaker 1: How old is he?
Speaker 2: I take he's probably like late thirties, early forties.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's stamina, I know, seriously.
Speaker 2: So I call him jerk and Joe.
Speaker 1: Oh is his name Joe?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know what his name is. I don't go up to him and say, hey, sir, you're doing that a lot. What's your name?
Speaker 1: Might shake his hand?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would never shake that man's hand after seeing it so often in his pants.
Speaker 1: Uh, so I just went I forgot to. I want to go back for a second. And you said that you sleep in seventy two degree weather.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seventy two.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's what you set your thermostat at. Yeah, me too, I do.
Speaker 2: Well, it depends like I do. Seventy to seventy two.
Speaker 1: Do you have a nest thermist at?
Speaker 2: No, you just live in an apartment. I'm not switching those things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that way you can control it from your phone.
Speaker 2: I don't need control from my phone. It's okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, so anyway, I have the nest thermist at. Yeah, and I said it, it's seventy two before I go to bed. Every night when I wake up, it's seventy four or seventy six. The thing has a mind of its own. I try to stop it, but.
Speaker 2: It maybe the nest has an equal payment plan.
Speaker 1: And it sets you up on no. Do you know that? Also, so you have PSC and G mine's PSC G. We don't have an end in ours. That's how they That's how they differentiate those New Jersey and Long Island ones.
Speaker 2: What's the E four?
Speaker 1: It's still energy but it's but I don't have and oh you have and you have public service electric and gas? Right is a gas P S E n G is the G for gas because they don't provide gas to us anyway.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We have national grid. Okay, do you have a gas bill or is it all included?
Speaker 2: I think it's all. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just pay. I can play, but I pay. But do you have a guest so there's no gas in your apartment?
Speaker 2: I think for the heat probably, But no, I don't pay a gas bill. Oh and if I do, then it's all included in.
Speaker 1: Public service electric and gas. I thought. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I will say I hate electric stoves. I hate them. Yeah, I miss my gas stoves. This is the first apartment I've had where it's electric. I despise it.
Speaker 1: It's electric and when there's a power outedge you can't use it. But I can.
Speaker 2: I notice that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can boil water and make heat cool. Yeah awesome, man, real cool. Yeah. So anyway, I got to figure out how to get that thermostat to not have a mind of its own.
Speaker 2: Well maybe you because doesn't nest like assume things after a while.
Speaker 1: Yes, but there's a way to change it.
Speaker 2: To real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it knows what it knows by your phone, like when you're home and when you're not. So when you're home, it's like, okay, maybe I'll go down a few notches. Oh you're not home, Up up up, And then the dog is sweating when I come home.
Speaker 2: The dog is sweating. Yeah, I've never seen a dog sweat.
Speaker 1: They sweat, They sweat through the pads and they sweat through their tongue.
Speaker 2: Gooney has been running around the pool too much. Gooney Looney Luna. Okay, we call it gooney loony cool. So her pop pads are like tore up running around.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, Sawyers gets ripped up when he goes.
Speaker 2: Like is it almost like just cutting your nails or something like how bad is it for a dog to.
Speaker 1: Like it'd be more like, you know, scraping your fingertips on sandpaper pretty much what that is? It makes me so or your toes because you walk on your feet.
Speaker 2: So if you like, well, I almost died in our pool this weekend because my we had a barbecue and it's like our annual barbecue with my dad's friends. Get the girls in water.
Speaker 1: Yes, no one knows, No one knows what you're talking about unless they're watching, which they are. Are you gonna post this?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, trust me, I post mine.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 2: Yours is in slow motion. We'll talk about that and all yours.
Speaker 1: Anyway, who was saying slow motion in the early nineties, late eighties.
Speaker 2: Slow motion fumotion? I think that was distracting me from my point.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: Friends over and we used to always play basketball with it would be like his college friends. And as they've gotten older, the games went from being played to like, oh, we played to eleven, so now they just have to be up by whoever wins by two wins the whole thing. But they are ferocious because they want to win, and they will like literally hold you under the water to give up the basketball and pull basketball. And I stubbed my toe because for some reason, we have like old the concrete and I stuffed my toe on.
Speaker 1: It old concrete.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they resealed the pool or something with concrete, and my toe got stubbed and it hurts.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm looking up slow Thanks for that.
Speaker 2: No, No, that was really cool. I'm glad we could have some banter on that topic.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what you said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, that's cool, because you're sowing your phone millennial.
Speaker 1: I was trying to find.
Speaker 2: No, this is boomer. I have to show you a memey.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I saw a funny memy. You see it.
Speaker 1: It is Color Me Bad.
Speaker 2: You know they found aliens. Look at this memy I found.
Speaker 1: Oh they always told me that I looked like the lead singer from Color Me Bad.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you do what you did? Yes? I do, because then you don't look like him recently?
Speaker 1: I love this song? What what you don't look like him recently? I sure hope not? How do I I can't where's the speaker? Even he's just gonna keep turning your phone? Can you show a picture.
Speaker 2: Of him like a before?
Speaker 1: I don't know which one he is. I think it's the one on the right. Oh yeah, it's definitely him. So if you look, God, if you're looking at this on YouTube, look at the guy all the way on the right.
Speaker 2: Okay, that literally does not help at all. Maybe maybe it's this You were not helping whatsoever. I will look up the members of Color Me Bad.
Speaker 1: I don't know the guy's name. All I know was it bad.
Speaker 2: With two d's.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's cool. All I know. All I know is there was one time where I was walking down I don't remember if it was forty second Street or thirty fourth I was no, I was going down a Penn station, it doesn't matter, and some guy just kept like walking next to me and circling and coming back around and walked.
Speaker 2: Around with Brian Abrams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he did that thing where he was like are you are you? And I was like aw TikTok, you don't stop, and He's like I knew it. I knew it. And then he just kept walking. What does that even mean?
Speaker 2: This guy?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes, so he looked like Brian Abrams of Brian Abrams.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the after? Wow? Is that him? Now?
Speaker 2: This is Brian Abrams now. But we are not fat shaming on this podcast.
Speaker 1: No. I mean I'm gonna get there pretty soon anyway, because I'm back almost near two buddy. So I need the envelopes again.
Speaker 2: Oh you want envelopes again?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know what? Because six months ago I was one eighty four. All of a sudden, I'm one ninety six and I don't feel like I've changed.
Speaker 2: To stay true to my word too about fulfilling the card for one ninety.
Speaker 1: You did another. They're gone. I threw them all out.
Speaker 2: Well no, I but I did fill did give me keep I keep true to my work.
Speaker 1: On some things.
Speaker 2: We'll be back right after this again now, and we're back. Usually for boll chats, we take two commercial breaks. Learn about your own show.
Speaker 1: I see look how dusty the board is.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting.
Speaker 1: It don't ever clean.
Speaker 2: His whole studio is disgusting.
Speaker 1: No, yes, no, it's disgusting. Don't come into it.
Speaker 2: Well, then how would we record? Because this is the only place we can record? Because this this is where I record about. I have MIC's here, I have a studio here, This is where I record, and this is where I record only.
Speaker 1: Why don't we have a sign yet? Well?
Speaker 2: Maybe because you should get on it? What do I do? Order one? You were going to order one?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Remember Cooper? Everything she designed? She has a flag?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, where is it?
Speaker 2: And there it is. If Andrew doesn't do it, it doesn't get done. This is like breakfast yesterday when you guys left me out. We getting breakfast? Why we if it's only me getting breakfast, let's talk about that.
Speaker 1: There are plenty of times you've gone out and didn't ask me, and I don't go all. I don't go all little girl, I know, Oh please, little girl. Okay, you were so angry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because it's if I don't do it, then nobody does.
Speaker 1: You come in with trays of coffee all the time. I would love trays.
Speaker 2: No, because when it's bougie coffee, I ask you and you go no. But would you mind going to the just go go to the everyman coffee shop? Yeah, go to the everyman coffee shop for me.
Speaker 1: That's right. No, this is New York City. There's plenty of normal New York City.
Speaker 2: Baby. You could find a coffee anywhere, that's right. Why I'm not doing your blue bottle?
Speaker 1: Why do you go to bouge.
Speaker 2: Because that's what everybody else wants.
Speaker 1: It should be called bougie coffee.
Speaker 2: Because we don't pretend like where. Oh, I'm just in every man.
Speaker 1: Well you should be every man.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're not in every man, sir? I am okay.
Speaker 1: What's not every man about me? Everything? Everything about you is half dollars. Okay, by the way, they fixed the machine. Finally, you and your two.
Speaker 2: Dollar bills, you're fifty cent whatevers. I just can't.
Speaker 1: Why do people call it a fifty cent piece. Why don't you just call it a twenty five cent piece? Then it's a half dollar just saying it even says on it half dollar.
Speaker 2: I just am so happy that they're not dollar coins that the train station gives out.
Speaker 1: Oh they will be gonna, Oh my god, you would Why not?
Speaker 2: They're so inconvenient. We are not a society that uses coins. It's just never caught on because we have dollar bills, we have five dollar bills. It hasn't really okay, name of time when like.
Speaker 1: The fifties and sixties when it was a nickel for a newspaper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just said it the fifties and sixties, but we phased out of that. Other countries you still use change. In Europe they have like their euros where it's one, two five and those make sense. In Japan they have their little.
Speaker 1: Coins, and they got the es that is, they have coins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just are you choosing not to listen to what I'm saying or only listen to parts of it.
Speaker 1: They got a little they got a little half pasos in Mexico they got the little pesos.
Speaker 2: So what I'm saying is the United States has not gone on to that we don't use change. We don't. It's just we don't we do when we are outside of you, who decides I'm gonna pay it perfectly? It's gives me a second shopping line.
Speaker 1: I actually don't ever paying perfect change. I very rarely have well thirty six quarter?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, no, why don't you take this half dollars and cut me fourteen cents? No, it's not a thing. We don't use change here.
Speaker 1: We do because things are a dollar ninety two.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you either just give you Where do you put your loose change? Nobody's pulling out pennies or going places with pennies and a coin person anymore.
Speaker 1: I have changed in my pocket some you do sometimes, okay, and I try to use it if I can, But otherwise I throw it in the missing the point and I go to the coins.
Speaker 2: We don't have one. We'd have dollar coins, and nobody.
Speaker 1: Likes to, by the way, just from my you know, so you know, when I go to the coin star, I don't get the cash because they charge you for that. I get it turned into gift cards where they don't charge you. So don't think they Oh they charge you, I know, sometimes as much as fourteen percent. Wow, right, you put one hundred dollars in you only get eighty six back.
Speaker 2: Oh the coin stars yeah yeah, and some.
Speaker 1: Of the private ones are even more. Coinstar I think is twelve something.
Speaker 2: Well, the banks used to have them, and then I think the banks got smart.
Speaker 1: Those machines ripped you off.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Well, anyway, back to my point. We don't use coins because when it was commerce everyday convenience here, it's just not a thing.
Speaker 1: When it was commerce bank, I knew I had three dollar coins in it, and it only registered one.
Speaker 2: If we had more coins that were convenient, Nobody wants to use a penny, It's stupid. Pennies are dumb. Nickels quarters I don't even maybe dimes make.
Speaker 1: Sense, you know, are more than nickels, of course they do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nickels.
Speaker 1: They should be sized properly, though, they should be sized. What the lesser amount, the smaller they should be. Don't you think greed that you don't disagree?
Speaker 2: Also, we should do color coded money, not all green.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean there's some color in them now it's green. Yeah, with his other colors, the five.
Speaker 2: And stuff somewhat green blue.
Speaker 1: The one hundred has that this thing blue the stripe it's blue, okay, and it's green okay.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I think more fun money would be great.
Speaker 1: And other countries use like almost plastic money so it won't rip, and they have holograms two hours do also, they all do, except the one in the two. I always love it when.
Speaker 2: I go to play I do.
Speaker 1: I love when I go to a place and you know, they don't think that, they don't think that the two is real, and they go like this, and I go, there's nothing in there. They don't have that in two's and they're like and then they get the counterfeit saying this counter like, really, I'm gonna counterfeit a two and Sam, yesterday I was so angry. Can you hear it?
Speaker 2: I think he can hear like a sknocking anyway, I was saying to scary and scammy Sam. Yes, raight, you are entering your grandpa Feeshady, this is your Grandpa fees Like you're the person when you get a birthday card like, don't spend it all in one place, and it's that say that this is a Grandpa thing. That's a nice sound of the half dollar is inconvenient. And I'm just gonna.
Speaker 1: Say, you know who that is?
Speaker 2: Oh, thanks, grandpa. This is Kennedy, Yeah, Kennedy. JFK Junior. What JFK Junior. No, JFK JFK. JFK Junior was the son that died airplane? Now it's RFK No. JFK Junior died in the plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with his wife, the little plane.
Speaker 2: When did Robert Kennedy did the one running for president?
Speaker 1: There's so many that are dead.
Speaker 2: The Kennedy curse. It's the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, this is inconvenient. This is stupid, and it makes me say thank you so much, and then I'm just gonna go home and say, my grandpa got me this. Thanks.
Speaker 1: I threw it in a tip jar at Starbucks yesterday, not surprised because I went to get some bougie tea. Well, my throat was a little bit sore, so I got that. I liked that.
Speaker 2: What did you have this week?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What did you have this week?
Speaker 1: Nothing? It was just the air was cold and I was cold. My throat got dry overnight. What so I got? I got the peacht with the lemonade.
Speaker 2: The air cold, your you said, your house is at like seventy six.
Speaker 1: Seventy two. It was cold because I had the fan on top. Alls. Oh, gotcha oscillator? You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Ye?
Speaker 1: Did I have a fifty cents back?
Speaker 2: Please? Now you gave it to me, Grandpa?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do with it?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna thanks so much. I hope I don't spend it someplace.
Speaker 1: You could do magic tricks with it?
Speaker 2: No, what magic tricks?
Speaker 1: Is it too big to make disappear? Whoa?
Speaker 2: What was that behind your ear?
Speaker 1: Oh? Or behind this? Do you know that they made ten million dollars in these last year?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that means a lot of money go eat good, use A lot of people are using them.
Speaker 2: Does the tax money go to treasury? I'm sure it does, right, and then that comes into the well who makes the coins?
Speaker 1: This one was minted in Philadelphia? You know how I can I went to the mint in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: It was so cool.
Speaker 1: You know how I can tell?
Speaker 2: Okay, nineteen ninety six. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Was she a little p there? That means Philadelphia? So cool? Yeah.
Speaker 2: You're listening to coin Talk with Scottie b Coming up next, We're gonna talk about the importance of two dollars bills?
Speaker 1: Are you a philadalist?
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is, and it sounds nasty.
Speaker 1: I used to be a philatalist, but coin enthusiasts, I used all of them.
Speaker 2: Were you like an idiot one of those people that like invested in the fifty state coin map?
Speaker 1: Yes, I knew it.
Speaker 2: I knew it. I knew it. You look like the guy who saw the SCNE on tv D when it came out and we're like, well, I gotta invest in this.
Speaker 1: It wasn't an investment. I just had to wait every three or four months another one to come out, and they would send you a coin and like, damn it, I want to complete this thing already. And I did the dollar one also, Yeah, I knew in my head, I'm like, he is that guy. And of course I have the map and like four of them are missing. Yeah, I think I made used one or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, it got people hyped.
Speaker 1: I will say that I thought it was cool. Yeah, and you saw George got a remake.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, he has the like he doesn't have a chin. It's just like he's got like a frog's neck.
Speaker 1: Man. His wig it got a little longer, a little ponytail.
Speaker 2: They should have really looked at that. Aren't they putting Harriet Tubman on a bill soon? Is that happening?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure that that ever actually went through. She was what she was supposed to be on the twenty, and then it didn't happen, and then I don't know. But there's a lot of there's a lot of females on quarters. Now there's a quarter series with Yeah, but we don't use quarters. We don't use them, so you know, I'll never see those. I don't use change's change.
Speaker 2: I have a whole change cup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just throw it in a cup and leave it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And what do you do?
Speaker 1: Do you know that if we took all the discarded change that people just throw, we'd probably be millionaires, you know that? Right? There's a lot of change just discarded. What I'm sorry, I'm laughing.
Speaker 2: Are they going to change twenty?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: The US Treasury confirmed in comments what date is it that different dollar bills have a unique release date after a design change? Ten is twenty twenty six, five is twenty twenty eight, twenty is twenty thirty, and fifty is twenty thirty.
Speaker 1: Two. Okay, great?
Speaker 2: What twenty thirty is a soft date that could be subject to change.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: What when the new bill comes out? They're saying twenty thirty?
Speaker 1: What new bill?
Speaker 2: The Harriet Tubman twenty No.
Speaker 1: It isn't. That's not what you just said. Yes I did.
Speaker 2: The US Treasury confirmed that different dollar bills have a unique release state after a design change, So the bill getting changed. The Harriet Tubman one, okay, will be released in twenty.
Speaker 1: Where do you see the confirmation that she's going to be on it? That doesn't say that there, that's saying the new.
Speaker 2: US Treasury confirms twenty dollars bill is coming. But here's why you'll have to wait. Anything else.
Speaker 1: You didn't say that?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I just made it up and just wanted to elude that it was coming. Oh my god, deductive reasoning. You don't have it.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what. I'm gonna go get a roll of dollar coins today.
Speaker 2: I throw them at I am not surprised you're gonna you're gonna say, hey, could you go get me a peanut butter and jelly toasted from the deli. Here's no, You're gonna get like one of the What did the train conductors have like that? Clickie?
Speaker 1: I have one of those, I do, but only but no half dollars fit in there. It's quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies. It was my dad's when he was a good humor man. He still has it, gave it to me.
Speaker 2: Nothing about this is shocking to me.
Speaker 1: That my dad was a good humor man, didn't even need bills back then.
Speaker 2: You probably walked around with it.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: Will again, all right, get me that peanut, butter and jelly.
Speaker 1: Change to yep, here go.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: You know as a kid that I played ice cream man. I put on an apron, I put the thing on, and absolutely I filled it with change. The nickel one was stuck for some reason. I'd have to push down hard on I remember it. I vividly remember the nickel one being stuck, and that one had a wider little release thing for some reason. I don't know why. Crazy Yeah, whatever, Dude, you didn't make believe when you were a kid.
Speaker 2: Now with the change to Spenser.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe if you had, when you would, you'd pretend that you were a store owner and say hey kids and flip pennies out what.
Speaker 2: Did a lot of people come over and play ice cream with you? Or is this like an a lone thing.
Speaker 1: It's funny. I'll never forget my neighbor David down the block. He had a good humor ice cream truck that you would ride on, and he wrote on it, and he came up the block and he gave everybody silver dollars. Eisenhower was on them. They were dollar coins, not the size now. They were the big ones. They're still in circulation, but I don't think they make them anymore. And he came up the block and he handed everyone's silver dollars, and then he went home. And ten minutes later his mom came steaming up the block, give me those because he wasn't supposed to give out money, you know, they were keeping them in that little ice cream truck. And she came back and she took them all from us. He got in trouble.
Speaker 2: I mean, sounds like you would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're supposed to sell things out of the ice cream truck, not hand people cash, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a pretty good machine though.
Speaker 1: Unless it's one of those twisted ice cream trucks that sell drugs. Yeah, what.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, our ice cream's name was Robbie, and I remember he keps swimming in our pool one time and he gave us all snow cones. It sounds like it has a dark end, so no, I remember he was the circus man truck and he jumped over the thing, left the truck outside with the music playing, and he came and jumped in the pool real quick, and he's like, thanks kids, and he gave us snow cones.
Speaker 2: How old was he?
Speaker 1: I mean he was probably a nineteen or twenty.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I was exciting to be this old man who just came jumping into.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no. He was fun, Robbie. I remember. It's so weird the things that you remember, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for listening to this exciting episode of ball Chat.
Speaker 1: Was it exciting?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I found it exciting.
Speaker 1: Should we record serial Killers now too?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you so much. We appreciate at you for listening. Hope you have a great rest of your day, and yeah, we'll see you on Monday with an all new episode of serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Perhaps, why are you perhaps saying, well, do you think we're going well?
Speaker 2: Do you think you're gonna be able to record? Yeah, it's been like a whole month of me recording, Scott, I don't really know what you're talking about. I know why we have to go back into the past. Oh okay, all right, you're so busy. Well we have a big again. Then you're busy.
Speaker 1: We have a big meeting tomorrow. I'm very excited for it.
Speaker 2: But luckily for us, we have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to record.
Speaker 1: Today's Wednesday. Are you gonna be able.
Speaker 2: To It's not it's tuesdays.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna be able to go to the big meeting? Yes? I'm so excited. This could be big for us. Why do you why?
Speaker 2: Oh that meeting?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Hopefully fingers crossed.
Speaker 1: Are you able to make it? I should be What do you mean should This is very important for us and the serial Killers family.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah it should be. Well I'll make it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, thank you for the sake of ball chat. Until we see you again. Say clink Andrew, bye and clink.
Speaker 2: If you guys have topics, please put them in the comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got nothing to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It actually is shocking to me how we've done. Like I don't know, maybe a hundred of these. Yeah, and with no ideas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just we have that natural chemistry.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: H