Speaker 1: All right, I have a I have a question for you. You you were a bassist, I am, what was your bassist energy like on stage? Were you? Were you swinging it back and forth?
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm I'm I'm like a fucking statue.
Speaker 1: Statue okay, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Stage, I'm usually facing the drummer.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Okay, like.
Speaker 2: Or I'm I'm more open to the drummer than i am to the audience. Yeah, because that's the rhythm section has to be. Like if if I do my job and the drummers doing their job, then the other people can be sloppy as ship on top of it. But if like your vibe, yeah, because when they're when people are too vibe up there, like in the drums and the bass aren't locked in, it gets a little bit fucking wacky. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I saw a Vampire weekend last week at the Hollywood Bowl and there I noticed it the last time I saw them, and so I was looking for it this time. They're bassist is thrusting like like pumping and humping like at some point I was reminded of like when my dog Miles used to uh like hump something a bunch and then you yeah, you have dog, Miles, Miles, you know when the dog, when the dog is like air humping, like you can't stop it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 1: That was the energy I was getting. I was like, is this a standard, like it's bassist crotch a thing, or is it just like this dude is feeling the music so powerfully.
Speaker 2: Some people really want to be like the lead guitarists but end up on bass, so then they gotta they gotta get it in for themselves somehow. I'm just not when I'm playing, I'm less like, at least instrument wise, I'm less about being like a performer like visually than I am like being like execute your task as a musician on stage, but also get to like with a band like that. They're probably saying, playing the same fucking show for like years, Yeah, you're just yeah, sometimes maybe you just gotta you know, fun the area a little bit. Yeah, just a little bit.
Speaker 1: They have a new album out, they're not playing the same so the same show, Miles, Vampire Weekend is fresh.
Speaker 2: We love the new band. New band, Hello.
Speaker 1: The Internet, and welcome to this weekend episode of Guys Stay production of My Heart Radio, Ah son of Them, Miles Yep. This is the episode where we tell you what was trying to cover the weekend, tell you a little bit about what's going on with us. We do a little check in. You gotta check in with yourself. You know. I'm doing a mile happy happy belated fathers.
Speaker 2: Fathers already this over text, so let's not you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sent.
Speaker 2: Me a really nice old school smiley face emoji. Hit me with the colon and open parentheses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, actually taking.
Speaker 2: More touching than using a real emoji.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, yeah, like I did that work with my own goddamn fingers.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, I know it felt like it's weird. That felt like the handwritten leather letter version of it.
Speaker 1: Sending it him, Why I do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm telling you, man, So I want to let you know that was appreciated that you didn't just send me one a goofy like like sideways. I don't think that. Yeah. Yeah, very sweet, very very sweet.
Speaker 1: I got a lovely card from my eldest. The one from my youngest sucked, but the one from my eldest was so nice and no, both very lovely. Uh. And I got I got some like coupons, you know, some like.
Speaker 2: Oh, like coupon book where it's like like this book has over ten thousand dollars in savings. It's more safe, but this one is more like, hey, man, you want coffee? What do they do?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What are the I would always for my mom. I always made her coffee Like that was like a thing I did since sixth grade, I said, to running her own. Yeah, or my mom my mom's a night out, so she usually would drink coffee, like in the middle of the day. She didn't. She doesn't like wake up with coffee. And she's also like me, we're the same, We're not caffeine sensitive. So she just drinks that ship whenever. But my whole thing was like, you will never I blew. I shouldn't have done. You will never make a cup of coffee ever again, so early in my life. I could have saved that from maybe high school, but I went in hot, like sixth.
Speaker 1: Grade, good man, that's really good. It was.
Speaker 2: It was a little bit of it was machiavellian on my part. I was kind of in some shit or I forget what at the time, so I figured I ned to swing big for the fucking for the for the Mother's day. Yeah, and that's what it is.
Speaker 1: You will never anyways. Yeah, it's just like little chores. Clear, clear the table, clear the dishes. You know, we're starting to get gifts.
Speaker 2: I got socks, didn't get like sneakers one year.
Speaker 1: I did get sneakers one year. And here we're completing the footwear set with some socks.
Speaker 2: Big, you should wear socks, I know, for how sweaty you get.
Speaker 1: I just y, my shoes are just sponges at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No that. Yeah. One thing that I underrated is just like how easy it is to get new socks because I, uh, you know, I've been wearing these Crew Nike Crew socks that I really like with holes in the bottom for a long time. Yeah. Yeah, I'm just like, well, I mean they're mostly intact and.
Speaker 2: You can't get on the side. You look at the bottoms. Yeah, and the forefoot's all blown up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got the I got a gift and it was that it's like a wireless meat for thermometer that I can connect to myles. I'm always grilling, baby, it's summertime.
Speaker 1: Gift.
Speaker 2: I'm like to do the touch test. I'm pretty good at like touching meat and knowing like how done it is. But now set that ship and my fun. This thing will tell you when to take it off, and it accounts for the resting.
Speaker 1: Time and you keep it on there like as a cook in there.
Speaker 2: It's like a fucking stunt in there. Yeah yeah yeah, beautiful, beautiful and beautiful.
Speaker 1: We're winning some things that we think are underrated, overrated. What do you want to start with? You can go underrated?
Speaker 2: Oh ship? Yeah sure?
Speaker 1: Wow. I love that we still surprise each other after all these.
Speaker 2: After all these years, and we know, you know, the key to each other's hearts.
Speaker 1: Uh my underrated is the horror of nature. To quote Vanhaza or raccoons as monsters. Yo, all right, this is trigger trigger warning for anybody who loves crows like I do. I was bringing in the trash and encountered a straight up horror movie scene. Like right next to the trash cans, a crow just ripped pieces, yes, ripped from the heather, like missing body parts, but like you know, mostly just ripped apart. It was right next to a bunch of trash that had been like ripped open and rummaged through. So like my first thought was like, wow, this cat that our neighborhood pet must be like getting into the garden.
Speaker 2: It is game for a cat.
Speaker 1: It is. I think it's too big. And so I did a little research, and I believe all signs are pointing to raccoons. One put, uh, dropped our groceries on the lawn or on the front porch the other day, went back to get the rest of the groceries from the car, came back and there's a massive raccoon. And then there's this video that oh my god, of a raccoon just grabbing.
Speaker 2: Just absconded with it into the fucking tree line.
Speaker 1: Yes, so apparently raccoons are known to do this, and the with audio it's truly terrifying.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I didn't want to watch. I didn't need the audio for that. It's so you think a raccoon's just murked that crow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so, like the raccoon. So one I left my groceries on the front porch, went back, grabbed the rest of the groceries, came back, and there was a raccoon standing there next to my groceries, like on its hind legs that was the size of like a small child. Like, yeah, straight up, Danny DeVito size, and he didn't seem scared to me at all.
Speaker 2: He was just like I had tout yeah yeah, I had to be like, aren't you supposed to do?
Speaker 1: I was like and then like I took a couple of steps toward him, and he like kind of lazily.
Speaker 2: You're not doing good enough to go to Arawhon.
Speaker 1: You're like what wow, raup huh damn't even want that ship anyways.
Speaker 2: No, man, I'm not into this.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I care about my yeah, man, wow, you know, organic berries are very important, like these things are, and chemicals bro't. But I also then because crows are so smart. I was standing there next to this like crow corpse and like there was like blood on the pavement and ship like it was. It was a mess. Yeah, Like I like cleaned it up fast because I didn't want the rest of the crows to like see me and think it was think get higher than it because I yeah, yeah, And I some research suggested that that is possible that like they'll hold a grudge because you like clean up a dead crow and they're like, this motherfucker just made that crow go away.
Speaker 2: I wonder I feel like they probably like the crow when it was getting jumped was probably like.
Speaker 5: Hal hal, and then some other crows were like oh shit, They're like oh no, bro, sorry they got they got posable thumbs. Yeah, exactly, sorry bro, Like, I know we use tools and shit, but the thumbs.
Speaker 2: Thumbs trump our use of tools. Yeah, when it comes to being.
Speaker 1: Assuming what happens. They were both going for the garbage and the crow oh yeah in the way. Yeah it was Oh, it was nasty. Man.
Speaker 2: That was wild last weekend. Randomly, there were two like little dead sparrows like in my yard that I had. Like first there was one her message, there's like a dead bird over here, and I clean it up, and then on my way to take it to the garbage, there was like another one. Wow, and I felt so fucked up, like putting the paper scooper. I don't know what it was, but I felt bad because I was using the pooper scooper. So the first one was just like laying in ship, and then I had to scoop the other one, and I just saw them peacefully next to each other, and I'm like, man, nature is so fucking cruel, Like you don't know what you got till it's gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds like some cat shit little sparrows, you know, like.
Speaker 2: They weren't they know, they were like just like sleep like they were. They were not attacked like I think they may have died naturally. I mean, it wasn't hot like I get sometimes if there's like a heat wave, but this was not the time for that. But anyway, we've seen some shit, haven't.
Speaker 1: We We have seen some shit? Miles. What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Underrated? Peta non pinchair banku kanky any basically any cuisine that involves using carbs as a spoon a utensil. Yes, there is a poetry to eating with your hands. You know, it is one of the most satisfying experiences. Like you know, obviously in America, we love corn on the cop We love chicken wings, fucking shrimp, peel and eat shrimp, crab boils, cross crawfish boil like like ripping shit apart. Eating with our hands, like on a big table with a bunch of people is fun. I mean, obviously the boils lend itself more to communally eating well, the other ones are a little bit more individual. But like just thinking about like individual versus communal because in a lot of these instances when you're eating like Ethiopian food or like West African subs Aharan African food, like everyone's kind of just eating from a big pot together, and like that allows for more fluidity. If someone joins to eat, it's not like, oh, let me get you a table setting. It's like, no pull up right here, it's all here. Rip off some in Jira get inn on.
Speaker 1: Might be like the most verst. Like I feel like none would be my first, my number one draft pick maybe.
Speaker 2: For like I love Jira. I was eating a lot of Fian food this weekend. But yeah, yeah, non bread is also fantastic. But I just think there is there is a magic to eating food with your hands, also adding the starts. I used to be Look, I used to be scared of the in Gira. You know, I would eat it, but I wasn't using it as much. I wasn't really utilizing it like I could have been. And over the last few months, I've really just been obviously willing ham on the in Gira whenever you eat the opium food, because you used to have a ton left over. But anyway, all that to say, it's there's there's food just tastes better like that. I don't know what the science is, but it just tastes better when you use your hands. And I just appreciate the.
Speaker 1: Culture as like instruments, like you using food for instruments I think is you know, like obviously the bread ball is the American equivalent, but using food as like tool, like anytime you can do that at a work or yeah, Scooper, I love this idea.
Speaker 2: I just think the subtlety though too, of sharing food like from a communal thing. Obviously, people like Americans stuff they have, like their sanitation things, like I don't know the germs, Like obviously you can wash your hands and you learn how to eat this properly. But there is there's just something I don't know, There's a spirit about it that I think more people, especially in America should should get into to feel sort of connected with their food in that sense rather than like I need my fork and knife. Obviously some cuisines need that, but you know what I mean, embrace the ones where you use the food to eat your food.
Speaker 1: That's one thing we've just like I've just fucked up and like not taught my kids how they really use utensils, and they are fucking beasts like they'll just they just go at it with their hands, and it's a it's real uh embarrassing.
Speaker 2: It's like your kids are too damn old to be there.
Speaker 1: I know, way people to their wait.
Speaker 2: Are they really hand their hand to hand combat eaters like that?
Speaker 1: For real? They have rarely eaten with a utensil without me being like forks or otherwise like spaghetti and shit sometimes man hey.
Speaker 2: And I was bored already and I was already You're fish is spaghetti? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not good. I'm not proud. Yeah, I'm gonna blame I'm gonna blame it on the pandemic until they're in their like twenties, still eating with their hands, and then then.
Speaker 2: In my own head because that was right.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna blame it all on nine to eleven. But my overrated is uh life hacks. I don't know. Did you see this post from science Girl, one of those like aggregator Twitter accounts that I don't know. I don't follow her, but she makes up half my feed, But she did this post of like first thing you do when you get into a hotel room and it's a bunch of for stake.
Speaker 2: So yeah, she was wetting a toy, like taking a toilet paper roll that was like half unfurled and using like the moisture from the sink to seal it. I've seen that. You go and you're like, oh, they pressed the thing or whatever. Okay, Then was putting a bottle cap on a Okay, so what.
Speaker 1: Just the We'll come back to the toilet paper thing. The next one is, uh, you know, so lock your door cool, Then put a Corona bottle cap on the door handle so that you can tell somebody jiggle must be Coronia must be.
Speaker 2: A Corona cap.
Speaker 1: Can tell if somebody jiggles the handle in the night at which point what or or basically you can tell if there's like a pressure difference inside your hotel room and outside, which has been the case in ninety percent of the hotels I've ever been in, where like the door is like constantly like come like being pushed in and out by just air pressure differences. Okay, So that that one, the Corona bottle is just gonna make you paranoid, I think. Then she like does her thumbprint on a mirror for some reason.
Speaker 2: Wait, what why is she check you the fitted like for bed bugs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she goes under the fitted to check for bed bugs, which fine, fine, Like, I don't want to see what's on there, but okay, if you're you may be a brave person.
Speaker 2: He's like, man, just let me be ignorant about the bed bugs already. But I get it. Yeah, you definitely don't want to bring that shit home.
Speaker 1: The best one is, uh, finally, don't use the hotel safe because that's exactly where they're going to look for your valuables.
Speaker 2: Instead, she narrating, I'm watching this on mute. Is this being narrated?
Speaker 1: She does not narrate. No, No, it's just played alongside creepy music. Instead of using the hotel safe, which is exactly where they're going to look. You take you bring a diaper with you, and then you make it you put your valuables inside the diaper and then you make it look like it's a dirty diaper. And the thief who breaks into your room is going to be so grossed out they're just going to like fall out the door, like being like I'm like waving their hand in front of their nose.
Speaker 2: Yucky. This cash or.
Speaker 1: Or the cleaning lady or the you know cleaning person is going to throw all of your valuables away because they think it's like I would assume that more times than not, the cleaning person's gonna throw that shit out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is there an epidemic I don't know about about people breaking into hot like our hotel safs that easily cracked.
Speaker 1: No, the whole thing just feels extremely paranoid. It's like a person with par paranoid personality disorder, like disguising all their ship as like clever hat.
Speaker 2: It feels yeah, it it feels like that TikTok shit where like you know, people are already like on edge, so you're sort of praying on that with like these hacks that aren't really necessary, like you know, like the same thing where the woman's like this is how you know if this like plastic tag is on your car door handle?
Speaker 1: Yes, what it feels like that, you know, brought to you by the p people who told you that if you have a zip tie on your door handle that they've marked you been harked, you know, to be smuggled.
Speaker 2: Which also interesting that I like that this account is Guns n' Roses girl three is as the actual handles.
Speaker 1: That's science girl. It's just an account who like posted science stuff and got a bunch of followers, and now it feels like it's like run by a marketing firm or something like that. Right, But okay, you said you've seen the toilet paper thing before.
Speaker 2: I've seen yeah, like where it looks like the role like rather than starting a new one, it looked like it had been sealed. I was like, Oh, are they using some kind of like heat press to like stamp the toilet paper thing. I don't know why this person, I don't know why it's a safety thing. It was more like an aesthetic thing, you know how like sometimes they'll fold the last shit. Yeah, I've seen it where it has like that looks like it's been like embossed to like stay there. But I didn't realize they did that with the sink or I don't know. And what's with the towel? Are you smoking weed? And that's why you don't want the fucking.
Speaker 1: Yeah she wrote up in cal and put it at the door. I don't know if it's because she's smoking weeder, because like in case somebody tries to gas you under your door. It feels like based on the other thing, like based on the beer cap on the door handle. It's that like everybody is trying to get you from the outside, Yeah.
Speaker 2: With like like some kind of neurotoxin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, I haven't found that not one of these things was useful.
Speaker 1: The toilet paper one is the only useful one, because I think it's cool to like have that little like pressing you know, Yeah, that looks like that's that's like a neat thing you could do if you're like having people over, you know, and they're in their bathroom, you make the toilet paper look like it's like freshly sealed. But is that like a safety hack because she wants to be able to tell if somebody like broke into her room and like used the toilet.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's it's so confusing because none of these really make that much sense. And like, and I get the it's like try traveling alone. It must be terrifying like in this world. But these don't even seem useful. No, you know, it's like, is the joker chasing you?
Speaker 1: And flower the beer cap bottle feels like if you're an assassin and you're trying to like get the drop on somebody, who's like coming in because.
Speaker 2: I've seen that in movies. And what they did was put an empty beer bottle on top on so that ship shatters.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, the like not gonna like wake wake you up when it drops.
Speaker 2: Yes, break the light bulb and scatter the broken glass all down the hallway so you hear someone approach. Yeah, this is all this is in movies all but okay, go on, go on, Guns and roses girl three.
Speaker 1: What what's something you find overrated?
Speaker 2: Okay, So this our obsession with celebrity culture and the commodification of it is so fucking dumb. TMZ is they're fucking They already have a documentary out about how Jlo and Ben Affleck's marriage is falling apart on Hulu.
Speaker 1: Like a doc documentary. Yes, CMZ is a production company now, TMZ this is.
Speaker 2: For They have a documentar on Hulu called Jlo and Ben Missed Warning Signs where doctor Phil, doctor Drew, psychotherapist Jen Man who's also like on like those like VH one reality like the couple therapy shows, and then John Peters, a mega producer. Just watch this first part where Harvey is talking to this one dude about j Loo, who like doesn't know her, but he somehow has these like wild takes. It seems to me that you need to have that alone time she's never had. You're one hundred percent right, she does, she did.
Speaker 6: They both need it.
Speaker 2: She's a love and sex set. Look at the men she's with. She can't be alone? What's so this? Look at his hair?
Speaker 1: Wow, he's like eye jobs growing out.
Speaker 2: So he has like this like spooky e walk Lion's Maine.
Speaker 1: I mean it's kind of adorable.
Speaker 2: But doesn't it look like a Jim Henson Like a.
Speaker 1: Look like a Jim Henson character, Like yeah, like puppet, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, where it's like, look, it's spooky lion ewok man with the grade by his roots and brown by the edges. John Fuers wildly speculating on someone's love.
Speaker 2: She's ever been alone? Like who the fuck are you? Get the fuck out of here?
Speaker 1: And then you don't want to be because she's got had a lot of boyfriends.
Speaker 2: I don't love addict. No, He's like, she's a love addict, okay, and then doctor Drew starts on with his like fucking pseudo science nonsense. It's just so weird, Like how invested? No, Honestly, I don't know who gives a ship that. I mean, I'm sure they must because they're they're making something, but like this adds nothing to anything.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, man, you're not You're not living and dying with every update on why they're married, whether they're there, it's like fucking wyatts.
Speaker 2: I look, I love a love story and I love a breakup story, but we've we've literally seen them break up before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is just just end this. I think it's just shocked.
Speaker 2: I think it's just the psychoanalysis that's happening from these people like as bystanders. It's just so fucking odd. Uh. And to be like and it's on Hulu for you now, it's like, I don't know, this feels like a weird loose like you turned like four articles into a thing that you can then sell to Hulu or whatever. Just an odd just the fucking whole thing is this lazy?
Speaker 1: We root for cinema here on the Daily Zeitgeist, and uh, I'm I for one, I'm just a fan of new forms of cinema that we're we're seeing. This sounds great, yeah yeah, yeah, she.
Speaker 2: Falls deep, man, she falls deep? Why are you talking to this guy who looks like a fucking dude who's been kicked out of the Shire.
Speaker 1: Is not like they have three fake doctors, like fake therapists, and then like a guy they're just like, yeah, he's just like a film producer.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I used to Dave Barbara, I used to date bab Streisand.
Speaker 1: Is that who is it? That guy John Peters? Yeah he's still alive. Wow, the guy that Bradley played in uh the uh mechanical Spider guy?
Speaker 2: Oh is that is that who he played?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, Bradley Cooper played him in Licorice.
Speaker 2: Pizza and yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like he's a famous like womanizer, just monster behind the scenes and he was the guy who Kevin Smith has that story where he's got a note from him on the Superman movie that Kevin Smith was like asked to rewrite where he was like, I don't know, like what if there was a mechanical spider And then Kevin Smith was like, uh, I mean that doesn't really make sense for this or like the script. And then like people were like, oh, he gave you the mechanical Spider note. He always gives you, gives people that note, and then the next movie he produced was Wild Wild West and a Giant Mechanical Spider. Even though it's like Civil War era, right, he's like steam.
Speaker 2: It's a steam. It's steampunk.
Speaker 1: It is a steampunk It's a steam.
Speaker 2: Mechanical spider exactly, exactly. Yeah, So that's like, that's like Elon Musk's obsession with X. It's like you gotta be everything X. Like John Peters is just sex and mechanical spiders. And yeah, apparently just commenting on this out of nowhere, so things is so odd.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I don't know why I break up.
Speaker 2: Like to be like the person to like in your trailer, to be like, I think she's she's got a she's never been alone. You're like, sure, you look like you've always been alone. What is this?
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back. We have a new product that we're all really excited about. Here. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, and look we've been We've been talking about it on the show. We're always looking for water that isn't infected with the Woke mind virus exactly.
Speaker 2: And test kits for it. Remember we were selling those test kits to test your water for the Wokland virus.
Speaker 1: pH balance also woke mind virus content.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, guess what if you something you never asked for has arrived, but many others have because Turning Point USA had a conference their own conference over the weekend, and when they weren't like busy fixating on arresting drag queens and abortion doctors, they had little commercials playing in between the speakers where people did their little ethno nationalist scream solos. And one of the most eye catching products from this had to be in our opinion, freedom two oh, which that's like eight man, but freedom dude, Freed, come on, you're out.
Speaker 1: That just reads like Freedom twenty.
Speaker 2: I know it looks exactly like Freedom twenty.
Speaker 1: Okay, just seems like like George Michael's remix.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a promo code that Charlie Kirk says on his podcast for a DigDown on something, hey put in Freedom twenty for twenty percent off Da da dah. So I was not aware that water the element which sustains life according to the Mortal Kombat film. If you remember, that's what Johnny Cage remembers when he fights sub zero and uses a bucket of water to impale him, and.
Speaker 1: He says that it's the because that's the only place I've ever heard that the water gets.
Speaker 2: The element which brings life. But yeah, they're being targeted, and I don't know, maybe someone heard the phrase that like water gives life and maybe they misinterpreted that like as drag queen speak or something.
Speaker 1: They're like, it's giving life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'll just play this commercial for you because it's what a fucking terrible sales pitch. I'm like, here, I'll let the the creator, Elizabeth White, speak for herself.
Speaker 3: What if your choice of water could make a statement. What if it could symbolize your commitment to values like freedom, individuality?
Speaker 2: Also, that echo is because it's playing through a gigantic like convention hall, And like I said in between speakers.
Speaker 3: Self reliance, freedom to oh, water isn't just about what's inside the bottle. It's about the message it sends with every sin with labels like this.
Speaker 1: Water isn't free, but your speech is.
Speaker 3: It's not just refreshing, it's rebellious and it's unapologetic.
Speaker 1: Drink this in public?
Speaker 2: Can you freaking believe it?
Speaker 1: But that's where we are.
Speaker 3: It's a reminder that even the most ordinary acts like taking a sip of water can be infused with meaning and purpose. Choosing to drink freedom to o not just choosing a brand. You're choosing to stand up for.
Speaker 2: What you believe it.
Speaker 3: Try freedom to oh and chag me and your Instagram story for.
Speaker 4: Repos hold on drink.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, Let it be a statement. Let it be a statement when you drink your water. It should be a state. That should also I mean, yeah, they really want you to let with this. You can let people know that you are angry and hateful when you sip water. Because your t shirt that says liberal tears make me come isn't doing it.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not quite clear what what where you stand where.
Speaker 2: You stand on that, but yeah, I mean on their website, the.
Speaker 1: Water bottle is like the water bottle is like bright pink, which I didn't realize how that would fuck me up, but that you cannot have a water bottle be anything other than blue. It turns out.
Speaker 2: It's actually red. It's a little bit of color correction issue. I think there it was it looked like that.
Speaker 1: Either way, it looks wrong. Doesn't it? Like, is there another is there any bottle of water that isn't blue? I can't, I can't, Like I feel like red blad.
Speaker 2: Doesn't have blue on it?
Speaker 1: You mean, yeah, where the label isn't blue.
Speaker 2: Or something blue as part of the backdrop, maybe the logo maybe white, but there's blue is usually representing.
Speaker 1: Whiter blue like red is like, oh, this must be weird, like red cherry infused water, Like it doesn't. It's just a bad label choice. And that's the only bad choice that they've made here.
Speaker 2: Otherwise, and all your criticisms, let me get through all the details here, okay, Because for forty dollars, you can get a twenty four pack of those sixteen point nine ounce water bottles, you get twenty four, Like you can get thirty five crystal geysers for half that price. But the thing is, crystal geyser doesn't have racial slurs written all over the bottle like this one does. So you know, take you know, take it with you know, a grain of salt or whatever you need to white. Who is the person who created this?
Speaker 1: She said?
Speaker 2: She apparently she found success working in auto racing, video games, and tech. According to her interview, in The New York Post said quote, I was watching the Republican debate and a light went on in my head. They cut to commercial and I saw so many people drinking water, but the water being consumed had no connection to the people drinking it. Kevin McCarthy was drinking Dyshani, which is left right and center. If you drank freedom, I think he would still be Speaker of the House. I got it. I might actually agree there. I don't know if I has to do with freedom too. Oh, but I have a feeling drinking disani is just just generally bad for you, So I can't totally push back claim. Yeah, I can't totally push back on that claim. But yeah, freedom too, Oh folks get it thirsty?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that looked like a turning point. USA conference like that. That looks like a blast. We might have to be boots on the ground there next time.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right.
Speaker 1: A few weeks ago, there was a report that came out about a covert operation ordered by the Israeli government to artificially boost support among Americans for its warring Gaza, which sounds like the sort of thing that we usually uh object to like in the main the mainstream media is usually like, wait a second, that's what about Russia? Yeah, yeah, wasn't there something there?
Speaker 2: But yeah, these this this campaign was using fake accounts on social media to target again like black lawmakers, young progressives in the US and Canada. This is from Wired's report on it said. In addition to e roading support for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, which provides assistance to five point six Palestinian refugees, a chief aim of the operation was to sway opinions of black Americans. Uh The Times The New York Times, which cited four current and four Israeli officials in confirming their government had commissioned the campaign, said its primary targets included the account of US Congressman Hakim Jeffries, who is the leader of the Democrats and you know seen as being potentially the next Democratic Speaker of the House if they get the majority. And in these posts they would do things like promote a Black Lives Matter hashtag and like put like images of MLK with like fake.
Speaker 1: Quotes about how MLK supported yes.
Speaker 2: And then it said or like. Website created for the operation included articles with titles such as quote the leaders of the civil rights movement and their support for Jewish people and Israel. Sadly, national security advisors in the White House when they were asked for a quote or a comment, they said they weren't aware of this campaign, despite this being publicly reported back in March, and lawmakers like Hakim Jeffries, who's a staunch support of Israel, are complete like they're just they've completely ghosted anyone who's asking for clarification. A lot of these posts were made with chat GPTU. Side note, Sam Altman is currently advising the Department of Homeland Security on AI, So you know, nothing weird anything, Everything's all the right. People are doing the right things right now. But platforms like Meta and Altman's own open AI have acknowledged that the campaign is being ran out of a Tel Aviv based firm similar like a firm that's similar to Russia's infamous Internet research agency, which was famously using fake accounts and sock puppet accounts and things like that to you know, so unrest during the election in twenty sixteen and probably continues to do so as we contend with this. But it's just clear where like this double standard is and like, you know, how do these politicians play dumb when the violence is continuing to unfold in Gaza and worsening in the West Bank, where even you know it's getting worse in the West Bank and not really becoming an aim of the discourse of politicians. And yeah, yet they are the targets of a foreign influence campaign as they debate how much military aid goes to said nation.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but maybe they stream these uh open ai accounts like down the road in history, they'll be like, I won't be viewed negatively by history my inaction I was, I was fooled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will use open ai to write a revisionist retelling of my career in office and I will read that to myself at night. But yeah, it's it's really wild just again now how the government fully because I mean I think this is like something we see all the time, and a lot of people point out that depending on who's in power, like sometimes things are bad, but only when the other party is doing it. Like the police haven't become less violent. They're still killing innocent people by the handfuls. And the Democrats are like, I mean, it's sexier when it was twenty twenty and they could get something out of it, or talk about foreign influence campaigns and things like that, or just I mean, I could I mean imagine, like what if suddenly the Democrats found their heart because like Trump was the president, while like the violence continues to continue in the Middle East, and then oh my gosh, we have to stop this. Trump needs to do something. But again, I think that just sort of reveals how, you know, the status quo is just meant to be defended at all costs, but can be weaponized when you need it to sort of be politically advantageous for you. But truly do nothing about it, nothing about it, just use it as a rhetorical rul.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about what Biden and Trump were up to over the weekend. And to a back, McDonald's is quietly removing AI from the drive throughs.
Speaker 2: The violence of nature.
Speaker 1: The violence of nature. So this is just something we wanted to make sure we didn't miss because it's the sort of thing I feel like we'll probably be seeing more and more of in the future with regards to AI. But it's the sort of thing that is decidedly not profitable and therefore I won't get covered in the mainstream media as much as like latest breakthrough in AI. So, McDonald's was trying an AI, a drive through AI chatbot in partnership with IBM. They started in twenty twenty one. There's a lot of fanfare. They're not saying why the technology is being removed, But if you had to get.
Speaker 2: Right, why would you stop using an experimental technology in your business? Because it's making you too much money.
Speaker 1: It's making me too much money, and it's like actually too good. It's like freaking the customers out. They're like, oh my god, they McDonald's hasn't nailed my order this hard and no. Like TikTok is just full of videos of people talking about how the AI fucked up their orders. One mom ordered two Happy Meals in the AI thought she should have thirty Happy Meals that another person had nine sweet teas added to their order because of cross talk. One AI drive through tried to add bacon to a customer's ice cream, which that one I'm like, okay, so what do we know about like these general artificial intelligences, Like they are basically just autocomplete that has been trained on the entire internet. So is it possible. You know, there was a long period of Internet history where like ninety percent of the content was people talking about how much bacon they ate. I was wondering, like, is like, yeah, I like ice cream if you put bacon on it.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering if they they scraped too much of that content.
Speaker 2: Wait in those drive throughs, was it was it just text that would come on the screen or there was a fake voice?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I never I never did it, So I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it was only like in a like a handf like a just over one hundred, right a hundred, And because I know that like I you like, whenever you go to a drive through, like there is a there's a certain like croaky voice of like.
Speaker 1: Yay, hell yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Did it nail?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Did it nail? The sort of like existential crises of someone having.
Speaker 1: To work, Like if I got an enthusiastic they're from uterized voice, I'd probably.
Speaker 2: Just I'd be like, ah fuck this.
Speaker 1: Ah it knows, but I don't know. It's also unlikely McDonald's is actually abandoning AI integration. Last year, they announced a partnership with Google, which included a chatbot named ask Pickles for employees, which could offer advice or tasks such as cleaning ice cream machines. Just to note that when read aloud, that sounds like ass pickles, which I don't know. I do like to use text to voice things to like read our docs in the morning to me while I'm doing something else, And I was stopped in my tracks because I thought they had ay called ass pickles, And honestly, ass pickles not a bad idea anyways, ass pickles. I don't feel like I need to pitch you on ass pickles. Ass pickles pitch themselves.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's true. I'm already all in on ass pennies from that UCB sketch Season one, So ass pickles, I'm all in on one of.
Speaker 1: My favorite sketches of all time. Yeah, pens.
Speaker 2: It's just a fucking just fucking pay people.
Speaker 1: Man, Nah, come on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, but it's so weird how reflected them Like, I'm gonna sound stupid saying this, Yeah, it's just a humans.
Speaker 1: You sound like a fucking idiot. I can't tell you, man, it's so stupid.
Speaker 2: Freedom twenties, dude, take that to the domeies based on saying ship like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it is purely like you can drive shareholder value by making an announcement that you're trying an AI thing out, and then you can just like quietly, like a raccoon moving under cover of night, you can quietly dispatch it without anybody noticing.
Speaker 2: It's eviscerated remains for the next person to find.
Speaker 1: Yeah, truly one of the worst crimes ever. Like, but right next to the one thing we know raccoons do, which is like turnover trash cans. Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the body murdered in Twain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's check in. So Biden and Trump had a weekend Biden. The New York Post kept accusing Biden of like mental of like having brain lapses and brain freezes where he would like wander off. I don't know how fair these were, Like it doesn't they weren't. They call him shocking me.
Speaker 2: But they're called cheap fakes jack, where you basically recontextual You put a video without context or narrow the frame of the video and then just create a thing where it looks like Joe Biden was giving a ghost a hand job.
Speaker 1: It does kind of look like that. So he was facing the other way while all the leaders were looking elsewhere, and they had like lines of sight drawn on or something, but with no leaders. That's like, this is where they're looking, and he's here.
Speaker 2: It's coming directly from Macron's crotch onto the ground.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he's just facing the other way. And they were like, I think they might have had this headline before the story, Like they might have just been like, well, we've got this headline meander in Chief, so we got to use it somehow.
Speaker 2: It ain't gonna be the last time they use it.
Speaker 1: Biden embarrasses us with confused wandering at World conference. This was the G seven And yeah, apparently he was just looking at there there was another parachutist descending from the sky in the direction he was looking. They just like cut that out.
Speaker 2: He was and he was giving a thumbs up to the guy. Everyone else was looking at the one guy. Joe Biden looked at the guy who had no attention and was just like in his own old man way, it was like, maybe.
Speaker 1: He's more observational than everybody else. Maybe he's like more observant than everyone else.
Speaker 2: He cares quite literally about the marginalized people in this instance, the marginalized often ignored second.
Speaker 1: Sky's secondary sky.
Speaker 2: That's why he's courting your vote today.
Speaker 1: And then, not long after the visit to Italy, he appeared to a fundraiser in La full of Hollywood big wigs like Clooney, Julia Roberts, Obama. The event raised thirty million dollars, which is a record sum for a single Democratic fundraiser. I think most of that credit has to go to Jack Black's American flag overalls. Sure, pretty sick, sickening, But the post lashed onto a moment at the end of the event where Biden appeared to freeze up and had to be led by Obama. Again. I don't know it. See it feels like the kind of borderline.
Speaker 2: He's fucking old. He's old shit, so like old people moved slow as fuck, And I get it, people in.
Speaker 1: Their eighties do move pretty slow.
Speaker 2: This dude was. He was just there applauding, and he's just kind of like, yeah, man.
Speaker 1: All right, this is a little bit all right, right.
Speaker 2: I remember at a thing recently when there was like a like a concert happening at the White House or yeah he's not.
Speaker 1: Rock what think? Yeah, he's just like frozen with a big smile on his face. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he would look like any uncomfortable white person that couldn't dance, while many other people with rhythm around him were and he was just like, you know what, my version of just basking in this is to have a smile on my face and just be like, golly, what a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, okay, but he's fucking I mean, there were all the time when he when he was walking off stage and they were like, do you think Trump's felony conviction is going to help him? And he like stopped and did like a long smile. Again, it's just like not pulling off normal behavior because he's very old.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, remember Trump did a fucking like forty second just silent pause during his speed the other week the music. That's the thing. It's like they're both, they're both old, they're both their minds are both fucking devolving before our eyes.
Speaker 1: It's Trump, see demonstrate whose brain is less broken? Less broken? Brain? Off? Is what the yeah is what the selection seems to be about.
Speaker 2: One guy is just slow mole old grandpa and the other is like freaky dude, who's saying shit to you that doesn't make sense that you just wanted to stop like he also had Like Trump recently met with a bunch of CEOs last week, and the CEOs came out of there being like, this dude cannot even talk.
Speaker 1: Like they said, Uh, Trump doesn't know what he's talking about, said one ceo. Uh. Several CEOs said that Trump was remarkably meandering, could not keep a straight thought, and was all over the map. So yeah, this is like CEOs want a Republican to win, Like of course they're all rooting for this guy, and they're like, yo, dude came out they're probably I don't.
Speaker 2: Even know this motherfucker remember what he just promised us. Also, he has such a shitty record of following through on things. I mean, I get it, just like it's like, what do you even do here? It's like, I guess we could make slightly less billions of dollars with Joe Biden when he raises taxes, maybe.
Speaker 1: Falling through on things like a train of thought.
Speaker 2: The whole the whole thing though with the you know, Trump or Joe Biden is getting old, Like that's being fully now like weaponized by Sinclair Broadcasting, and you know, we see like we saw with Trump last time. There were people putting together like those monster mashup cuts of like you know, because they own over like two hundred and ninety local news stations, and they just had everyone singing from the same script about Trump. This is this is an example. They're doing it now with Joe Biden, to be like is he old? This is just something that Aaron Rupert put together on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Calling in the question the mental fitness of President Joe Biden, As National correspondent Matt Galka tells us, the issue could decide the election.
Speaker 7: Wall Street Journal has published a story which calls the mental fitness of President Biden into question, as National correspondent Mount Galka tells us, the issue could be an election decider.
Speaker 4: Should he be on that or any ballot. The Wall Street Journal is out with new reporting pulling into questions.
Speaker 2: National corresponding Mac Galka.
Speaker 4: President Joe Biden, as National correspondent mad Gelka tells us the issue could be an election decider.
Speaker 2: This video is fucking six minutes on. Here's another one calling.
Speaker 3: Into question the mental fitness of President Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: I mean it's you know, yeah, it's full court press. Now with this one, and it's wild too. I mean, like, again, both of these guys are old. But however, the polling seems to show that more people just outwardly think Joe Biden is the one that's like old. Maybe did they add another one? They're like, and is Trump losing his mind? They're like, oh yea yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: Biden seems like a little bit old and sleepy. But it's wild because all of those clips, like they look like normal other So there's one where the guy has like a red sports jacket and a bow tie on, where you're like, oh, okay, this is like some conservative, weird bullshit, but all the other ones look like just standard local, like your local ABC news. Uh yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think that's the thing that's so insidious about the And we've talked, we talked about this like early on when this was all happening, but like this consolidation that's happening with like local news, like there's no such like you're not getting local news anymore. They're just feeding you propaganda through the fucking you know, glimmer of your local news. And yeah, you have a smattering of actual local news things. But if it's done by a place like Sinclair Broadcasting, it's not going to be the kind of stuff that helps you understand your neighborhood or your community better or ways to help it more. Just to live in fear of it. And in this case, how to you know, help dear leader Donald Trump, because the president of Sinclair Broadcasting, this guy David Smith, is like horny for Trump and has always been like, I like, whatever you need, like, Sinclair is here to spread your message, sir.
Speaker 1: Do they own like do Sinclair? Did they buy up like ABC, CBS, NBC, like local news stations or is it? Yeah they are Oh wow, yeah, I know we covered that in the past. But it is just wild. One of those thoughts that's so deranged that it resists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're all moving conservative, they're all moving conservative. It's just like it's just wild and like, yeah, you're controlling that much of the market. It's yeah, that's that's what you get. And so yeah, you're getting you're getting it all from every angle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they paid less attention, presumably to Trump, like bragging about how he aced his cognitive test given by Ronnie Johnson.
Speaker 2: Robbie Johnson, doctor Robbie.
Speaker 1: Jackbby doctor Rob Johns.
Speaker 2: You remember Robbie Johansson by doctor.
Speaker 1: And this was actually Robbie Ronnie Jackson. But you know he's he's not right, Yeah, yeah he was. He was doctor feel Good and also the guy who gave out all the drugs and was like Donald Trump is the man, bro and then had to be asked to leave because he was lying about a bunch of shit on his resume.
Speaker 2: But you see Trump he went to a black church though in Detroit.
Speaker 1: Yes he did what a quote quote Yeah, so, uh, Kelly and Conway was like, you know, Biden campaign isn't doing stuff like this. Trump went to historically black church and uh there there were eight thousand worshippers there. And first of all, you look at the picture and it appears to be in the hundreds of worshipers and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm also, yeah, what's your definition of black?
Speaker 1: Also certainly not the people who are in attendance at this event.
Speaker 2: And I'm trying to mean that, yeah, problematic blood quantum type of way. No, No, because these are as Charles Bark who say a lot of vanilla faces in the crowd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so historically they just said it was historically well.
Speaker 2: Right, well, this area was gentrified and all the vious black residents had been pushed out due to gentrification. And but yeah, it's it's a white church now.
Speaker 1: No historically black, like we just painted it. It used to be painted black in some places, and then we repainted it.
Speaker 2: Historical image, it's black and white. What do you mean?
Speaker 1: If you look at this historical image from Google Maps from last year, you'll seebody ahead from above.
Speaker 2: It looks black.
Speaker 1: Those are the shingles. That's right anyway, So what.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to say?
Speaker 1: And then on Father's Day, he naturally posted a heartfelt message to his family. No wait, I'm sorry he used the occasion to rant against the radical left in the courts. Happy Father's Day to all, including the radical left degenerates that rapidly bring the United States of America into third World Nations status with their many attempts at trying to influence our sacred court system into breaking to their very sick and dangerous will.
Speaker 2: So I mean, he's still I mean, we talked about it last week, but he's still pissed that people in Congress aren't not doing enough to try and overturn his conviction. Yeah, but we've been like, how how are they going to do that?
Speaker 1: Sir?
Speaker 2: They can't. But I guess he just wants them.
Speaker 1: To make mort You've never stopped him before.
Speaker 2: Anyway. He's doing great. He's doing great.
Speaker 1: He's killing it. And Biden is having brain farts. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, race to the bottom this year.
Speaker 1: Is continually denying his children love though, like Lucy with Charlie Brown's football is probably his best running bit. I do. I do respect that, just that he's it's like Father's Day, let's talk about my grievances. Fuck you, Donald Donnie.
Speaker 2: Do you think like he gets a gift on Father's Day and he looks at and he's like eh, and he's just kind of oh yeah, like for maximum effect, you know what I mean, it's like thank you, thank you. He's like, oh, what's this, Dad? I got you? I know, I was just on my hunting trip. I thought you'd you'd really like this little thing.
Speaker 1: I don't get a hold of yourself, loser.
Speaker 2: Uh, Milania put this in the bullshit pile.
Speaker 1: Next. Milania hasn't been in the same room with him in years.
Speaker 2: I know that's just what he calls the person who takes the gifts.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: He's like, just let him say, just let him, all right. Those are some of the things that are trending. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do it. Think about white supremacy, and we will hockey y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,