Speaker 1: Been waiting for You're tapped in the way up with Angela. Yee.
Speaker 2: All right, it's way up at Angela yee.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Look who's back in the building. I can't that's a show tonight.
Speaker 4: I do have a show tonight. Thank you for bringing up comedy. That is comedy. What else would it be?
Speaker 2: I don't know people. If people maybe never this is their first time tuning.
Speaker 4: In, they're right, yes, I'm a comedian.
Speaker 2: They follow you on threads perhaps, but just know the views expressed on his threads who not represent necessarily the views up here. And it's NSFW sometimes not safe for work. But today we have some special guests joining us. So there's a show called Indie Bosses. You can watch the first episode on YouTube. Kim Osario, who is a journalist. She's guest hosted up here a number of times, but she's also executive produced shows like Love and Hip Hop and Black Ink and Growing Up hip Hop and The Impact. Her and Yandy Smith are producing. This show is called Indie Bosses, and coach Trina Williams from Indianapolis is going to be joining us. They'll be talking about the concept of the show, how this all happened, I'm a slide in some love and hip hop things you know as well, but should be pretty interesting. Now, let's shine a light when we come back. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty Call us up. Let us know who you want to shine a light on.
Speaker 5: I'm a shin.
Speaker 6: I'm turn your lights on, y'all, lights, spreading love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 1: Shine a light on, Shine a light on. It's time to shine a light on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's up this way? You put angela ye? And I'm here with my good friend, comedian A Keem Woods. And you know we love spreading positivity and shining a light and today we want to shine a light on. A streamer from Philadelphia. He's a community activist humble z Now he finished a nearly three thousand mile walk. I'm happy when I do three thousand steps from Philadelphia to California.
Speaker 1: Woo.
Speaker 2: His bird name is Isaiah Thomas, and he completed his one hundred and twenty four day cross country journey yesterday. Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 4: Three dozend miles.
Speaker 2: What they gonna say now, the dollars, the haters.
Speaker 4: Where are they gonna say?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 8: Ain't quit whe ain't you take a rod when time's got hard. We kept pushing report through the pain each and every day, millions, the deserts, wildlife. There's nothing that we can't do.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, he did have issues while he was out there walking and got hit by a car at one point. Oh no, yeah, and had to go to the hospital. But he did say that he wants us to inspire others he's helping to. He wants people to help him raise money to build a trade school for kids. His GoFundMe page has raised over one hundred and fifty four thousand dollars in donations. The goal was two hundred thousand dollars and that's gonna be used to create Humble University and the Humble Summer Camp that will provide access to trade certification and skills to high school graduates. See positive things now, Jayhoo, Do you want to shine a light.
Speaker 5: On my brother John up there in Kentucky, yach trying to light on him because I'm you.
Speaker 4: Know, proud of him and congratulate him.
Speaker 5: And shine a light on him for launching his new game. Him and my sister started oh okay about a year ago.
Speaker 9: But then unfortunately my sister passed and then the concept kind of went away.
Speaker 5: He revamped, he finished.
Speaker 9: The game, and you know, he like, you know, built the website and dedicated it to her and all that stuffing.
Speaker 5: You know, it's been doing well.
Speaker 10: And you know, so my sister was.
Speaker 5: Really into like family and dance and all of that. So they had created a game that was before that.
Speaker 2: What is the name of the game for people listening so they can go and check it out.
Speaker 5: Oh, the game is called Dance Battle. It's a party game.
Speaker 9: You know, the website dance Battle dot shop and then it's a Dance Battle on TikTok.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm looking for it right now, so I'm on there. Oh this is cute. Okay, Okay, well I love that one. Shout out to him and rest in peace to your sister and your family. My condolences. I know that's not easy for you either, but I know that she's looking down from having like I can't believe this came to fruition.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, all right, take care A that was Shining Light eight hundred two nine two fifty fifty just in case you couldn't get through. And when we come back man. Yesterday, I judge ruled there is enough evidence, and I have to say, there is more than enough evidence to put David on trial and the killing and dismemberment of Celeste Revs Hernandez. She was only fourteen years old. All right, it's way up.
Speaker 6: This says the rooms from industry shade to all.
Speaker 1: Of gosp out send Angela's speeling.
Speaker 2: That et all right, his way up at Angela. Ye, I'm here with akem Woods. Oh no, what's and just for context, what we're about to talk about is very disturbing. And this is all with his case against David. He has to stand trial and the killing of fourteen year old Celeste Revs Hernandez. And I've been following this story. It's really awful, tragic the details that we're finding out the preliminary hearing what started last week. And so a judge has ruled there is enough evidence to put him on trial for the killing and the dismemberment of fourteen year old to Lesbebus Hernandez. Now, what they are saying is that she threatened him just one day before. Prosecutors are saying that he murdered her. There's messages asking him about why he wanted to remain friends with this woman, Asia, who was a former friend of his. She got furious when she learned that Asia had been to his house in Hollywood Hills. She also threatened to tell her father about him, to mutilate him and end his career and life. But understand that she was only fourteen years old and he had been grooming her since she was eleven years old. Right, So he's going to stand chiut for murder, continuous sex abuse, and mutilation of a corpse in her killing.
Speaker 4: Now Here is I hope he gets locked up?
Speaker 2: Listen. I mean, this is a wild case, and of course he should dantrell for this because I feel like there's so much evidence on what happened. He's also accused of sexually abusing her, dismembering her, and hiding her remains in the front trunk of his tesla. Now, his defense attorneys are trying to imply that she harmed herself. And here is the family's attorney on the prosecutor side, Patrick Steinfeld, speaking to reporters after the judge did rule their probable cause supports the three charges against David.
Speaker 11: The defense attorneys made allegations that didn't have any evidentiary basis, including the assertion that Slest may have committed suicide or that Cleste was violent.
Speaker 4: It seems that the defense.
Speaker 11: Attorneys are stopping at nothing in an attempt to discredit the prosecution's evidence.
Speaker 4: Some people do anything for money because you can pay me to be a defense attorney.
Speaker 2: In that case, Yeah, the defense is trying to argue that she either took her own life or that he acted in self defense. That's what they're trying to set this up for.
Speaker 4: That's insane.
Speaker 2: But yeah, there's been a lot of things, a lot of lies that have been told here. The fact that he was like this huge artist and that has taken this long for them to actually even charge him with anything has been insane. But we are watching what's happening in that situation, all right. Lebron James, according to reportees, pondering perhaps living in New York City while playing for the Philadelphia seventy six ers and commuting by helicopter for practices and games.
Speaker 4: The amtractic takes an hour.
Speaker 2: Helicopter takes way less time. You know, when I used to work as serious howids Stern used to take a helicopter to work really from the Hamptons.
Speaker 4: I guess when you got it like that, you take a helicopter. I don't know. I thought a train where it wasn't that bad, But I guess I don't have helicopter.
Speaker 2: But I do think if you're going to be playing in Philly, you should live there. A thousand agree, you know, just because you got to be part of the.
Speaker 4: Up took place. Whatever place you took, it's disrespectful to Philly.
Speaker 2: You're living in Okay, Well that is your Yet, when we come back, we have about last night. We'll we'll discuss what we had going on last night. I'm doing this whole purshing in my home, but I'll talk about that. It's my ape.
Speaker 1: About last night. Yes, Giza went down nice.
Speaker 2: Yo, it's way up at Angela. Yea, it's me and I keen Woodz. Oh no, what about last night?
Speaker 4: What were you doing last night? What was I doing last night? Oh? My friend was in town. My friend Carmen shout out to Carmen Morales, really funny comedian. She was in town and we got breakfast. We will hang out. We just talked a bunch of fun I worked out and the born stuff like that. And like, what's your workout consist of? Yesterday? I were in three miles. Oh that's nice, hm in twenty five minutes eight minute miles.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well yesterday I'm also lightweight a babysitter. And here's what I realized about when I'm watching here today. They're always like on their phones or on their iPads.
Speaker 4: I think that's a story. Three five was about whatever the choric movie.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it's so true. So I was trying to like figure out things to make sure that you're like doing other stuff. So I went to an art store. We got like a sketch pad and markers and stuff like that, but also some stuff to be able to make jewelry and things like that. Just to keep this little good.
Speaker 4: All that you should do, you have you have to go do leimonade stand.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. I don't know that's like a New York thing to do. It's more like like when's the last time we've seen a lemonade stand?
Speaker 4: Exactly because everyone's on their iPads.
Speaker 2: You may have her go outside and clean windshields of cars.
Speaker 8: Like, no, that's I think she should sell lemonade a muffins or something.
Speaker 2: For some reason, I don't think New Yorkers are nice enough to buy lemonade from children. I feel like that's more not wrong, that's going to really happen.
Speaker 4: Do you think that's the thing that people do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, Okay, well I guess when have you seen that here in New York? Where have you seen?
Speaker 4: Never?
Speaker 2: So why would you suggest that?
Speaker 4: Because I think it needs to happen, because, like you said, kids are inside on the laptops. What if they were outside sud lemonade?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, we're not going to do that. But anyway, the other thing that I was doing, you know, always preparing for this show, and we were talking about this earlier. Tom Cruise's daughter Surrey has dropped his last name, and Brad pitt his kids have also got rid of his last name. And and that's all legally now. Brad Pitt's kids, his eighteen year old daughter dropped his surname to just make it Jolee. And Tom Cruise's daughter, Surrey Cruse has gotten rid of his last name as well.
Speaker 4: It feels like being born with a golden spoon and then giving it back.
Speaker 2: No, because I'm going to say this, both of their parents. Mothers are also actresses, right actors. But I will say this, when you don't get along with your dad and you have his last name, I can imagine not wanting to have that name anymore. Eighteen years old and you're like, uh, I don't really like this person.
Speaker 4: I feel that I can respect that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I want to know what you guys think about that and what your experience has been. If perhaps you grew up and you had your father's last name or could be your mother's last name, and you wanted to change it, I want to know why eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty. I know people who literally cannot stand their fathers and have been like, I got to get rid of his name. So I want to know what your thoughts are on that. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. We're talking about changing your last name as you get older. It might be something mind and listen. Truthfully, there's moms who are like, I don't want my child to have their father's last name because he's a deadbeat or whatever the reason is. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty called the step tell us your thoughts.
Speaker 1: Wait we're talking about Angela y. You're way up with Angela ye. Please believe that.
Speaker 2: Yes, what's in a name? Well a lot. Tom Cruiser's daughter Suri dropped his last name, and Brad Pitt and Angelina Joe Lee's daughter legally dropped his surname as well. That's how much they don't f with their fathers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're dropping names left and right.
Speaker 2: Now you have your adopted mother's last name. I do what about the father? Oh so she doesn't have she's not married or she wasn't. She wasn't, Okay, she wasn't. And listen, my last name is Ye. That was always a little tough because people would hear my name and then think I was going to be like fully Chinese yeah, instead of just half. When they would meet me and before everybody anybody knew what I looked like, they would be like, oh, some Chinese girl.
Speaker 4: Is coming back.
Speaker 2: But we want to know what your thoughts are because some people don't want to have their father's last name because he was in present or whatever situation they have. And there are some moms who are like, you are not going to have his last name. He didn't raise you, We didn't put him on the birth certificate. Sari, have you changed your last name because you didn't associate with your dad?
Speaker 7: So what about is this your mom then never lived up to the hype.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you have her last name?
Speaker 7: So, long story short, I had my dad's name for as long as I thought right, But my dad died when I was six. I had a tumultuous upbringing with my mother, and that for one of those people that moved out at age sixteen to live life and.
Speaker 5: Finish school and everything.
Speaker 7: Well, I go to get my ID, I go to get my passport a couple of years ago, and they're going back and they're looking at things and they're saying, wait a minute, your last name is not your last name. And I'm like, wait a minute, what they're like, your dead? Long story, My dad's name never appeared on my birth certificate, only my mom did. But my dad's name appeared on my Social Security card. Hence why my last name was my dad's name.
Speaker 12: So ho to do?
Speaker 7: They end up telling me everything is null and void in your dad's name. You have to go to using your mother's name. I had a whole emotional breakdown. I said, I've never been that person. I will never be that person. I do not want to be attached to this woman. I had to jump through ten hoops to be able to carry my father's name because I never wanted to carry her name never.
Speaker 4: Wow, she was that bad. I'm glad you got to short it through. Was it expensive?
Speaker 2: It was not, but it was emotionally expensive yeah, because it being that you had this relationship with your mom. You didn't want her name represented with your name at all. You got it, okay, Well, thank you for sharing that with us. You too, Hey, Kirsten, how are you what? I'm good? Angela, Hi, I'm good.
Speaker 4: Thanks for asking.
Speaker 2: So we're asking about last names and what that represents to you and your family.
Speaker 3: So I totally resignate with this.
Speaker 5: I have quite a few white half.
Speaker 3: Siblings, and my older sibling actually she removed our father's last name. She completely was like, I'm not connected with this guy. He's been super selfish, manipulative.
Speaker 7: You name it.
Speaker 5: And I agree with.
Speaker 3: Her, And as I got out of college.
Speaker 5: I really was thinking about we're moving.
Speaker 3: His name too, because when you're linked to a parent who's so selfish, you really don't want to be associated to that person at all. And my father is currently incarcerated now, and I'm like, yeah, I don't want nothing to do with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because every time you have to write that last name or hear it, it just is like, do you get rid of it?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: Funny enough.
Speaker 3: My mom was assistant Princeville at my high school, so they always called me.
Speaker 5: By her last name. But now everyone.
Speaker 3: Knows me as Thompson, so it's kind of hard to just now change that when everyone knows me about that last name.
Speaker 2: What about when you get married?
Speaker 5: Oh, when I get married, it's gone.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a period of time, matter time, matter of time.
Speaker 3: Let's appointment.
Speaker 5: Let's appointment.
Speaker 2: All right, But thank you for sharing with us.
Speaker 3: No, thank you, absolutely, I have a good you too.
Speaker 2: And you can continue to call us up to weigh in on this topic about changing your last name. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty because last word is going to be at the end of the show. But when we come back, of course, we have your yee tea and this whole viral situation with the usher Chris Brown concert, we'll tell you what the woman had to say, the one that he was like, she clearly don't want to be here.
Speaker 4: Oh I saw that clip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the stage, but she's speaking out about what really went down.
Speaker 6: It's way up about about this pot let's get it. Angela's feeling that.
Speaker 4: Yee tea, Come and get the tea, all right?
Speaker 2: Its way up at Angela. Yeah, I'm here with that keen wit oh no, and let's get into this ye team. Uh So, this woman, Gabrielle Cheyenne, is definitely making the most of this moment from the Usher concert Usher and Chris Brown concert where she was removed from the stage, she was not feeling the whole serenade situation. Well, she did join TMZ Live yesterday and here is what she had to say about not really feeling it.
Speaker 12: You also don't know who you're going on stage for me solely. I went to the concert for Chris Brown. It's nothing against us. Sure, So of course it would have been a different reaction with Chris Brown. It would have been the stiffness or whatever the internet is portraying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So basically, as she has said, she wanted to be up there with Chris Brown.
Speaker 4: My thing is, like, you knew it was fifty to fifty, So if you were going to be happy with both, with either then you should have just not won.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, not saying that you got to do too much, but you could have.
Speaker 4: You know, to be happy. They're bogative, they're both superstars.
Speaker 2: But I will say this, her reaction is the reason why everybody's talking about it. So in a way, when things don't happen the way, they.
Speaker 4: Could have ten seconds of fame. And I'm happy for all right.
Speaker 2: Mcaulay Cockin has met with Disney and they've been talking about doing another Home Alone. So the according to reports, the studio is salivating over that potential return. And now he was on the town with Matthew Beloney and here's what he had to say.
Speaker 13: There was a very interesting sighting on the Disney lot. Macaulay Culkin was there and he's talked about having an idea for a New Home Alone, and Disney is like salibating. They're offering him another movie, like he could do his own passion project if he would also do another Home Alone.
Speaker 4: I'm not allowed to say that.
Speaker 2: Sounds awful, Well, y'arre allowed to say whatever you went. Last year, he did confirm that he was open to returning to his role in a New Home Alone. Movie, he told Variety, I wouldn't be completely allergic. It would have to be just right.
Speaker 4: It could be called Home Alone again.
Speaker 2: Like, well, his idea, you know, is that he's in deut and he gets locked out of the house. So he's raising a kid, working hard and not paying enough attention. The kid is kind of getting mad at him, and then he gets locked out and his son won't let him back in, and he's the one setting the traps for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that sounds just really really dumb. Sorry you're listening to macaulley, but girl, that does not sound good.
Speaker 2: All right, And Netflix has licensed the first four series of the Power franchise, so now you'll be able to see Power, Ghosts, Raising Cane, and Force. That's all going to launch on Netflix internationally, and the original Power will also come to Netflix.
Speaker 4: That's in Novettera things once they become successful.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess it's the way to keep people on the app, right, that's the whole point of it. Keep people on the app. So and listen, fifty cent loves being able to make money good. Yeah, so, And at the end of the day, all these networks are repurposing. Yeah, yeah, my dad loves to be. He loves watching oak shows, so I.
Speaker 4: Love to Sometimes you might see yourself on two B.
Speaker 2: I think I've seen myself on two All right. Well, when we come back under the radar, these are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines. They are flying under the radar, but you definitely need to know about them. Remember when everybody was using the baby powder, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Do remember that, Yeah, because we was all getting like cancer.
Speaker 2: Well, we're going to talk about the settlement that came for that. Now here's oh fifty cent in the game hated. I love it.
Speaker 6: This in the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar.
Speaker 2: All right. As way up at Angela yea. I'm here with our chem wi oh no. And we are still following what's going on in this Nolan Wells case, and we're definitely going to have some journalistic reports. But I do want to say there's new audio that has been obtained. There's a recording of a call that was made from a teen on a boat on Horn Island that was on the fourth of July. And that call was made four pm to a private towing company. And people are still trying to figure out what happened with Nolan Wells if you guys know the full story eighteen years old. They said he stayed behind to hang out with a girl. But there's a lot of holes in the story end.
Speaker 4: They can't find the girl who's hanging out with.
Speaker 2: He turned up dead and everybody's trying to figure out what happened. He was reported missing. The body was found just off the island two days later. Well In the recording, you hear some commotion and then there's a sea towed dispatcher who picks up the phone and somebody is saying, Hey, we're at the west tip of Horn and our bilge pump stopped working. We're sinking. Can y'all please come. The dispatcher is asking how far the water is coming up in the boat, and the team says it's coming up. We're just sinking. I don't know we're going down though. The dispatcher asked, is everyone on board in good health otherwise? And they respond yes, everyone is on board. They give the coordinates. The dispatcher asked, do you guys want to get towed back? And the teenager says, I want to get this boat on sank and towed back? Yes, and there were about seven people on board the boat. According to the phone call. They did not end up towing them because apparently the owner of the boat said they didn't need any help right now, but if something changes, he'll call me back, and that's when the call disconnected.
Speaker 4: But did he say It sounded like you never answered the question. He said everyone's on the boat. He didn say we was all okay. He said we was all on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So we're still getting all of the information and finding out what's going on. A lot of people are saying there's holes in the story. People are saying that Nolan wells Now, there's witnesses that are saying that he was drinking heavily. It's just interesting how And Georgia Fort was saying this too. There's so many things. This has not been investigated thoroughly from the beginning like it should have been, and that I think is part of the issue that we're having. It feels like there's some type of cover up.
Speaker 4: It's also a red flag that now all the social media of the friends that all disappeared, that's a red flag, you know.
Speaker 2: And you know, his parents, Christine and Elmore Walsley, said they do not believe that Nolan would have voluntarily separated from his group. So the investigation is still ongoing. They did do an an independent autopsy, but everything was undetermined pending investigation. And unfortunately when they did this autopsy, because there was an initial one, there was a lot of things information they couldn't gather from it all. Right now, Johnson and Johnson has offered for at five point five billion dollars to settle these tens of thousands of a lawsuit that said their baby powder and other talcom powder products caused ovarian cancer. And this is going to end a long standing legal battle that has weighed on them for years. That settlement covers some seventy six thousand claims that represents nearly all remaining victims from this, including those consolidated in a federal courts. The settlement is conditioned on, among other things, the express participation of at least ninety five percent of the remaining claims. Now, the company denies that their products caused cancer, but they did stop selling it in US and Canada in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Sounds like it crosses cancer.
Speaker 2: Well, people weren't going to buy it anyway, but they did say it did lack scientific merit, and they do want to settle just to get closure from the situation.
Speaker 4: That's a big settlement. Get your money, ladies.
Speaker 2: You know what they're saying. The allegations is that their telcom powder contained choices of as bastos, which causes mesothelioma. We've seen those commercials from.
Speaker 4: Yes we have Late at Night. You got girl, I got it?
Speaker 2: I'm like, what is that?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, we do have the Way Up mixed for you at the top of the hour. Plus we have special guests joining us today, Boss Things Only Andy. Boss is Kim Osario and Yandy Smith. Yes that Yandy Smith from Love and Hip Hop. There are going to be producing this show. The first episode is on YouTube. Definitely some drama alongside coach Trina Williams, who brought all these women together and pitched the idea to Yandy in Indianapolis. It's way up. She's like the talt like they Angela Jean, like they Angela Jean.
Speaker 1: And she's spilling it all. This is yeaky well, oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, way up with Angela. Yee's me and IQUI what oh no, what's up? Let's get into this, YEATI. This is exciting. All right. So a new movie from Macro Film Studios and the Obama's Higher Ground producing, with Tasha Smith directing. I'm excited for women like Us, and this will be starring Woopi Goldberg, Jennifer Lewis, Vanessa William and Vivica A. Fox.
Speaker 4: I love Jennifer Lewis so much.
Speaker 2: Listen, all star cast right there with Tasha Smith. That's amazing directing. Love it all right. And Prince his musical Purple Rain will be debuting on Broadway next year. Cannot wait for that, y'all know I'm gonna be all up in there. So they do have the official logline Minneapolis nineteen eighty four, a New Era of Music Television. It'll be directed by Sahim Ali, with a book by playwriting screenwriter Peter Dushan choreography by Ebony Williams, Bobby z and Morris Hayes. So I guess you'll have to wait and see.
Speaker 4: Okay, haven't announced it yet, all right.
Speaker 2: You'll have to wait and see, sir. But you know they've been doing other productions like in other cities, so it's just coming to Broadway. That's how it always happens, all right, Cardi B has teased a new song, a summer anthem. Good, let's extend summer a little bit for he's here's we have a snippet of the song. Yep, you can't trap me.
Speaker 1: No, I won't keep it.
Speaker 14: Never really hate me, so so big floors, let me go and go three.
Speaker 2: Exactly what this said? The Trump and this ship a whole never played with me once in this. Okay, Well, people were trying to say that they thought she was saying something about quote unquote delete us fetus. But you got to clarify gone, not that. Okay, listen to this.
Speaker 14: I'm not exactly what that what I said on that line, I can't trap me. I won't keep him. You can have a baby with her and sometimes think that because you have a baby with them, or you're gonna keep a baby, or you have a baby or whatever that is, that you will move on or you will just stay there.
Speaker 2: Take you. No, she's saying she's not gonna keep him. A man, he's not gonna track.
Speaker 4: I can see the I can see the confusion though.
Speaker 2: Because I can't see why somebody could mistakenly think. But she's clarifying what she meant. Cardi kids, and we have seen that. All right. Now, Children of Blood and Bone, get ready for that movie. Everybody's been talking about this. Based on Tommy at A Yami's best selling debut novel, Children of Blood and Bone is set in the West African inspired mystical kingdom. And here is the trailer. This is it just came out today for that movie.
Speaker 4: That creepy for me, my daughter, You must not be afraid.
Speaker 15: Osha was once a land when magic flew through our people.
Speaker 1: You were bone with a gift greater than you know what.
Speaker 5: Boose, who feared.
Speaker 2: Our power took it away from us.
Speaker 4: Your powers may be good, but that does not change you.
Speaker 2: All right. And to add to the excitement, Thames is a executive producing the soundtrack, but the movie Burner Boy is a music consultant.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: Yes, here is Dina Prince spyto we're talking about that.
Speaker 4: I want turn to the Curator soundtrack and one time to the e never done before.
Speaker 15: She actually the first woman to executive USA soundtrack and this level emotions.
Speaker 5: Wow, what is the other?
Speaker 15: An epic soundtrack?
Speaker 4: No skiff whatsoever?
Speaker 2: All right, it's get a groundbreak an I show speed has bought a Miami warehouse a content studio for eleven million dollars. He is going to use that again for content creation, twenty six thousand square feet near West Little River. And yeah, I mean he had a huge, huge year. He had a partnership with FIFA. He performed at the tournament's closing ceremony, his single Champions thirty two million views. And then of course we saw his whole entire tour that he did. So what a what a year he had?
Speaker 4: A year had?
Speaker 2: All right, well that is your Yet when we come back, we have asked Ye, it's me and I keem Woods. Any question you have. I'm here to get real advice. I cam is here for that toastic advice that you love so much. His way up?
Speaker 6: Hey, everybody since with it's relationship with career advice, Angela's dropping facts.
Speaker 1: This is Askee brought to you by top Dog Law.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: His way up? But Angela, Yeah, I'm here with that keen Wood, what up? And it's time for asking yee. And today we have Josh on the line. His ex owe some fifteen hundred dollars. How should he get his money?
Speaker 10: My ex girlfriend she borrowed money from me because she had got a car and she didn't have enough money on her credit card, so she was my credit card to you know, make payments. But we broke up and she owed me fifteen hundred dollars. Ooh, she moved the text her, She moved the textive.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 10: I told her that, hey, I'm gonna take you to court if we don't, you know, work on the payments again. Been pleaded with me like, no, don't pay me the cru I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do it like on like the.
Speaker 10: Fifteenth of last month. The good people laugh my past.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen no money yet.
Speaker 4: Now I'm stupped.
Speaker 10: I don't know if I could go to Texas and make.
Speaker 4: A move and you know, press up for my bread, or should I.
Speaker 10: Go the you know, the legal way and I need that money come to hard.
Speaker 2: I would go the legal way because that gives her the opportunity to be to still pay. I don't know if I will pay more money to fly out there. She probably thinks that you're gonna let it slide.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you a question. Do you have anything of hers?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, I don't, dang I was gonna give you some toxic advice. But if you don't find nothing to her.
Speaker 2: To bribe her to sell it, sell it. If I were you, I would definitely pursue the legal channels. You know, she'll get the paperwork or send an email like just so you know, yes, I am gonna pursue this judgment. I try to work with you and you were I'm responsive. I gave you the opportunity to do this, you didn't do it. So here's what has to happen now.
Speaker 4: Just to be courteous, just if you want to be to give her a twenty four hour notice and be like, hey, you got twenty four hours to send me some form of payment. If you don't send me any form of payment in the next twenty four hours, I will have to take this to litigation. And then sure, say left, I'm gonna cut her connect, but I need I need.
Speaker 10: To get paid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fifty hundred dollars is not, is not. There's nothing to sneeze at. So definitely do.
Speaker 2: And what you need to do to make that happen so that she knows you mean business.
Speaker 4: And here's the he's the toxic advice. Even if you can't afford a lawyer. You go to trat GBT and have them type up something that seems legal because most people won't know the difference, and send it and make it seem like it's from a lawyer. Got I don't know that advice? Take it?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: All right, well, good luck, good luck, bro, Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Table for people, see how they act?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, that asked. It was brought to you by Tap Dog Law. You can call them up to call them for any accident, big or small. You might have a small one. I'm going to Topdog Law dot com. And when we come back, we have the Indie Bosses joining us. That's coach Trina, my girl Yandy from Love and Hip Hop but she's also executive producing this show and Kim Osario who also is a producer for this show as well. They're going to talk about how it all came together. Episode one is out right now on YouTube. But what's going on? What makes a boss in Indianapolis? We'll tell you what these women are doing. It's amazing. It's way up. Turn me up here we go up doin.
Speaker 1: This is way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 2: What's up? Is way up with Angela Yee and my girl is here with me today, Kim Osrio, Hey, and she's been working on this show and she's been talking about a non style if I have. And you've been working on this with Yandy. Yes, you guys are producing together. Is this the first time you all produced together?
Speaker 14: This is the first project that we're doing as producing partners with our production company.
Speaker 4: We teamed up with Coach Trina, who's on my left.
Speaker 2: Coach Trina is here. Yes, now, Coach Trina, you are from Indiana, Yes, talk to us about indie bosses.
Speaker 15: I've have helped over two hundred and fifty people to become entrepreneurs in Indianapolis with over the last three years.
Speaker 4: And I just.
Speaker 15: Didn't want Indianapolis just to know, okay about these bosses.
Speaker 2: I was like, hmm.
Speaker 15: When I got the vision, I was like a reality showton I met Yandy. Yandy introduced me to Kim and we just took off.
Speaker 2: Okay, So when you talk about coaching and being a boss, what is it that you do that makes you an indie boss?
Speaker 15: So I am a home care consultant coach. So what I do is help people open up their business. I decided to open up a home care agency, and then I started helping everybody else in Indianapolis to open up homecare business and for me just to see the financial wealth in our communities change over. Single moms that worked in the field but now they have their own company. Just the change that I've seen, it's just been a blessing. So when I started Indie Bosses on it to make sure that I put a spotlight on the women that are changing the game in the community.
Speaker 2: Right now, we're talking to coach Trina Williams from Indie Bosses alongside Kim Ossario and the Yandy Smith, who are executive producers on the reality show. There's already an episode like a part one and a part two, yes, available on YouTube, and there's a trailler that's out right now. So the excitement is there and what I love is as soon as I saw the first episode go up, it already had like over twenty thousand views real fast, Yes, So it shows that there's excitement behind it and so it's not picked up by a network yet right now. Now, Kim has produced on Love and Hip Hop, so it is Yandy as well as other shows like A Growing Up hip Hop, Black Ink, in Pact New York. In Pact New York. So many shows, but what we all know when it comes to reality television, there's gonna be some drama. If my ex is out amongst us, is it okay for him to date somebody in that group or is that forbidding? Because that is something on the show right my ex is not allowed to talk to anybody in the group, and he's saying, I can date whoever I want because we're not together anymore. What are your thoughts about that?
Speaker 15: I think that the person shouldn't talk to any other people in the group because of cost confusion. But when you have a person that just don't care and he's in somebody here and they enjoying the conversation, then that cous confusion in the group. But all women in the group should know, hey, this person is awful limits, especially if you knew that he was dating somebody else. But some women don't.
Speaker 4: Care, all right.
Speaker 2: Coach Trina Williams is here with us from Indie Bosses. You can watch that show on YouTube right now. We also have executive producers Kim Osario and Yandy Smith here and we have more when we come back because they Andy's done reality TV for quite some time, one of the creators of Love and Hip Hop, So we got questions. It's way up, way up with Angela turn what's up is way up with Angela Yee And we are talking to coach Trina from Indie Bosses. Also, Yandy Smith is hearing Kim Asario. They are executive producing this reality series and Andy, we also know Love and Hip Hop has come into an end, has it really? Well? There's a documentary on the way about it ending. I just saw a contract for me to be a part of that. Oh, so it's that happening.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 2: You know, for me, it's always if the business is right, I'll be a part of it.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's kind of hard.
Speaker 2: To do a document I was going to say it, and just so you know, I did interview on it. You did, yes, And how did it go? It was fine. I mean, as immediate persons who's been covering it from the beginning, it's different from me than it is for you, who as a creator of the show. So it's hard to do that without your involvement.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, it's important for the story to be told from the beginning. I think it's important to really have the core cast a part of it. And there's so many life things that we touched that weren't touched on in reality TV yet, and I think it's important to explore those. Yes we had the drama, Yes we had all the craziness, but we also dealt with mass incarceration.
Speaker 2: We also dealt with, you know.
Speaker 16: Women dealing with infertility issues, colorism. There were a lot of things that we attacked that were important conversations in this culture. So I hope that all of that is explored, and that's important to me.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Yandy Smith about her relationship with Mandy C's which had a lot of highs and lows, and listen, a lot of stuff happened on love and hip hop. And I was saying this too as the journey started and where you ended up because your relationship lasted damn near the whole entire until the end until I mean another relationship being we're parents.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: I thought you're about to say, we got back together, what's their relationship being?
Speaker 15: Okay?
Speaker 2: And respectfully so, because what I do love is that what you and men DC, you guys have always had a level of respect on how you even speak about each other when you're not in the room. No matter what's going on behind the scenes, in real life with the two of you, there's certain lines and boundaries you don't cross. And that's not easy, especially with the camera in your face and you deal with emotions and you're dealing with a breakup. You know, it's hard.
Speaker 16: But I think that we knew ultimately there is a lot of love between us. We also knew that we have to show first and foremost respect to our children. Yes, I knew it and his children that I didn't birth on my children, and I love them, so I would never purposely in my right you know, sometimes you lose your mind a little bit, but in my right mind, I would never disrespect them in times that it has happened. When I got into it, you know, with you know, his children's mothers, I felt horrible and it was so important for me to make it right behind the scenes. And I feel like, if I'm gonna make it right behind the scenes, let me at least try to also make it right in front of the camera, because that's what real life is about. Even in this final chapter, if it is a final chapter, it's gonna be important for me to leave the correct legacy behind because we definitely.
Speaker 2: Took each other through there. It's been twenty one years. That's crazy, twenty one years success and I always want to stress that twenty one years is for any relationship to have lasted like that. And I think part of what we learned from you and like you said, getting a lie along with his children's mother, you know, you have a blended family on there. But that's a great example to see because emotions do get crazy, but then there's always the opportunity to say it's bigger than us. And that's a great example for people out there who are going through something like that, to say they managed to fix it, you know, and it is bigger than us. And it does affect the kids to see something like that happening.
Speaker 4: So well.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to Yandy Smith, to Kim Osario, and to coach Trina Williams for joining us. You can watch that full interview on my YouTube channel Way Up with Ye. You can also watch the first episode of Indie Bosses on YouTube right now and when we come back into your show. So you have, of course the last.
Speaker 1: Word, the word he is the last word on way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 2: All right, it's way up with Angela Yee. I'm here with that keen Witz. Oh no, what's going on? Why is everybody panicking? I'm over here cutting a T shirt up from John Laster, his black t shirt.
Speaker 4: Make sure you sign up to his app.
Speaker 2: Yes, black jolds are all the black owned businesses. Kim, you have a show happening tonight.
Speaker 4: I do have a show happening tonight at seven pm at aven New Card Sugar Mouse in the East House, and I know it's raining and there's only twenty tickets left. So basically, if you go to a chemwodes dot com a k e m Woods dot com, you can get tickets. But if you dm me right now, which is a keem Woods a k e e M Woods, dm me on Instagram the first two people to d m me AND's gonna buy your tickets.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm gonna buy your tickets.
Speaker 4: Plame it so you get too. So I get two free tickets. So if you DM me right now, I will send you two tweet tickets.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not two free. I'm like paying for it.
Speaker 4: It's not freeancial pain, you know, free for you free for you.
Speaker 2: But thank you to everybody who called in today. Thank you to indie bosses. Make sure you buss that foot interview on my YouTube channel. You know I love a good reality show, and I love a show about bosses. But Kim Osorio and Yandy Smith at a producers coach. Trina brought this idea of a show to Yandy when Yandy was doing an event for her in Indianapolis, and it worked out. But you guys were calling in earlier about last names and changing your last name or not liking your last name due to a parent that maybe you don't f with, so a lot of you calls in about that and had the last word.
Speaker 7: I grew up with a man's last name who wasn't my biological father, who I've never met in my life, all because my mom thought that he was my father. So the only time I ended up getting the change was when I got married.
Speaker 5: A lighter on my girlfriend Joan Lta tell her if you want to say, I love him and the hope good travel
Speaker 1: Going way out and I turned out with Angela Yee