Speaker 1: Now, hello, it's going to be really echoey.
Speaker 2: No it's not.
Speaker 3: We recorded with three people. I don't know why you're acting so.
Speaker 1: Weird because the mics have to go their directional mics bring down.
Speaker 4: This is really loud.
Speaker 3: Just turn you're number three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and number two of course better?
Speaker 3: Okay, press the music button. See on there where one a little musical note and then you just go, okay, you have to tap it.
Speaker 1: Hey, when you were in school, do you have music notebooks with that had those staffs in it? The lines? Why won't you answer me? Why isn't this working? Because the Superman box sucks?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, shut your mail?
Speaker 2: Why isn't the touch screen work?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. What's the matter. Does it need to be rebooted? Millennial?
Speaker 4: I'm not a millennial?
Speaker 1: Yes you are?
Speaker 2: What are you? You're gen Z?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Is it the one after it?
Speaker 4: I think I am gen Z or I'm on the cusps?
Speaker 1: So with the gen X, a gen Z and a millennial. Oh it's something worked. So looking to another episode of you just have to pick Nope, No, the thing is it working?
Speaker 2: Just stop touching it?
Speaker 1: How are we going to take a break? After this. This won't even.
Speaker 3: Stop now, I know, because you keep pressing it.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, this is laughable.
Speaker 3: Well, welcome to another episode of bull Chat.
Speaker 1: Yay, today's Wednesday, May twenty fifth. No, No, today the twenty fifth, days the nineteenth, seventeenth, eighteenth, Today's the eighteenth.
Speaker 3: Yes, the eighteenth. And we have a special guest.
Speaker 1: Yes we do. Hi Na, Thanks thanks for stopping by. Have a nice day. No, that's enough, all right, So Dianna is here because she was like, I found this beer in New Jersey and you guys have to try it. Yes, because it is serial related. Even though this is not the serial podcast, we can still do some serial related things. Yes, this is a sister podcast to Serial Killers. Yes, where we talk about whatever the things. So you want to go in the fridge their animal, Sure, let's just get drunk early.
Speaker 2: So what made you want to pick out this bear?
Speaker 1: I can answer that, even though I'm not her, you could probably answer that. I would say, because I see there looks like there's fruity pebbles on it, and you guys talk about cereal.
Speaker 2: Right right right, and they have more than just this kind Listen.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm gonna stop Andrew. Just go ahead.
Speaker 3: He is such a Have you noticed how crimoginy is?
Speaker 2: Is that your product?
Speaker 3: If you're on on zoom?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: YouTube YouTube, Hey guys, Hey, today.
Speaker 3: We're trying peblight peb light.
Speaker 2: From Bolo Snort Brewery in New Jersey. What is it called Bolaro snort?
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: A bowl and snort. I'll do the snort, but I don't want to get snottle over the microphone. But you know how they snort? No, they blow out bulls blow out, yes, like that hu, because they're pissed because they got that ring through their notes, that big ring.
Speaker 3: Oh why do they have the ring? Has anyone ever looked into that.
Speaker 1: So they can hook a leash up to it? I don't know. Oh no, definitely not. I yes, but I think only the males. The males get the ring. What what is there a female bull? Or is that a different animals?
Speaker 4: Cow?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Cow? Can you look up? What is a female bull? I'm a googling all right here?
Speaker 3: The cups?
Speaker 2: Yes, we can put it in the mic.
Speaker 3: We love some good I'm beyond Oh Scott doesn't like when I'm sorry? What? Oh I'm texting as we speak okay, Well that's actually that was good. That was great, That's very good.
Speaker 1: I always pour it also, I always get a giant head because I pour it wrong and I get yelled at and it flows over the cup. You have to I did a tilt. I did the tilt.
Speaker 4: But you were not in a fraternity.
Speaker 2: Clearly, no, I was not.
Speaker 1: So well, that's what I'm saying. I see Andrew got mad at me because I called you a college kid. Because I will, I will, I will forever see you just as a college kid. Not no offense. I mean you're young, and you're you're just like a college kid to me.
Speaker 2: Well, actually, four years four years ago, like today, Dean is.
Speaker 1: Right, just a cow.
Speaker 4: I assumed it was like the rooster hen vibe.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, so alle all cows are female.
Speaker 4: Have to be female milk cows?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, rights, I know, but it utters not like a utterers are like boobs. I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so all right, so cows are all female? Yeah, like the black and white spotted cows are all female. Okay, they make milk, I get it.
Speaker 4: Maybe there's ones that don't make milk.
Speaker 1: You know what, that's very stupid of me. You're right. They must shut up. Andrew.
Speaker 3: I'm just lost.
Speaker 4: Also, I'm twenty six. I'm not in college anymore.
Speaker 2: This is what I said.
Speaker 1: I know he's like, she's been here for like four years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been here for four years. I've been five years, including my internship. I know.
Speaker 1: But you're just like you're just like the eternal college kid.
Speaker 2: To me, that's nice as good. I guess, as long as people regard me with respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I respect you. Thank you for the beer.
Speaker 2: Make a name for you.
Speaker 1: I see. I'm not I'm not really a beer aficionado, so I don't. I'm whatever.
Speaker 4: I just like to smell.
Speaker 3: It kind of smells just like an ipa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't smell fruity at all.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go in.
Speaker 1: It has a hint of like orange. Alright. Ready. It tastes citrusy. I don't taste any fruity pebbles whatsoever. It is good.
Speaker 2: It tastes like a blue moon, but an ipa version of blue moon.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing we talk. I don't know anything about beer neither.
Speaker 1: I'm a cores light guy. Maybe a Micheloba.
Speaker 4: Stands for Indian pale l that's all.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means, Like, why that's that?
Speaker 1: What kind of Indian?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just know that that's what it stands.
Speaker 3: Like, you're sure one hundred and thirty Yeah, it stands for India pale India.
Speaker 2: Yeah, India.
Speaker 4: I thought it was Indian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't say that anymore. It's you can. It's they're indigenous people.
Speaker 4: It says India on it.
Speaker 3: It does what Andrews limes zest school me India pale l with a lime zest right.
Speaker 1: With nothing to do with fruity. They just use that as a label to suck people in.
Speaker 3: One hundred and thirty two calories, four point two percent alcohol by volume, peb light. Oh well look there's diamond. Yes, she can't drink this tastes like fruity, you think, so where are you getting that?
Speaker 4: Well, definitely citrusy.
Speaker 1: Maybe they put the wrong label on the cans. It's just a random regular can and they just slap a label on it. It's not printed.
Speaker 2: Do you go to this place a lot?
Speaker 4: I do because it's by my apartment.
Speaker 2: But they actually have this other one called magically Bolicious that's like lucky.
Speaker 4: I should have brought the one too.
Speaker 1: They have one like that at Stu Leonards, which is where I found this one.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, yes, Scott for this. Look it's Toucho crunch.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, is this the one you said you hated?
Speaker 1: I don't remember nor by the time he tried. Hey, did we do this on the show?
Speaker 3: Maybe we did during the Disgusting dinner party?
Speaker 1: Yes? Oh my god, I totally forgot. Yeah, well Deana it hasn't tried it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she should try it. Let's chug.
Speaker 4: Wait, do you like this or you don't like it?
Speaker 1: It's okay. I would drink it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would actually drink this too. I don't know necessarily maybe what I'm having, but I'm enjoying it now.
Speaker 1: Can people outside of Can people outside of New Jersey get this shipped to them?
Speaker 2: I mean, I know they do, like ship all within New Jersey and it's at a lot of like North Jersey restaurants like on tap.
Speaker 3: Oh really, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I'ma try this one ready.
Speaker 3: I love that noise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hold on, I'm gonna do the poor This is so much fun. That was very underwhelming. Dana did way better with hers.
Speaker 4: That was good.
Speaker 3: That's better it kind.
Speaker 2: Of like you're making a foamy because I'm going on purpose so I can get sound.
Speaker 3: How do you think Scott would have done in a frat?
Speaker 4: This smells really bad. Oh sorry, it's enorg your question.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: I think he would have been hazed a lot, even though hazeing it wasn't a thing when I was in I.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't have allowed it. See the way I was in high school is I was always the guy that was making people do things. I never did think he was the hazer, not the hazy. I used to walk around with a bunch of two dollar bills. I was always two dollar bill guy, always, which I have a story in a minute, by the way. So I would have a couple of two dollar bills and I would say, hey do this, Hey do that, Hey do this, and then I would pay them to do dumb stuff. That's why my social studies teacher would call me Rockefeller, because I would walk around with two dollar bills and just pay people to do dumb stuff. I never did dumb things except when I got suspended. I think I told the story. I had a locker that I commandeered that I just filled with like rotten fruit. And jars of stuff, and I would smash it in the hallway in between periods, and I got suspended for a week. Oh, I had to be in the room with all the bad kids with the leather jackets that were like carving the table with knives. I was scared.
Speaker 3: Are you describing like the plot of Grease?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Wait, how do you get your two dollar bills? You go to the bank and be like, stack a fat stack of two dollars bills.
Speaker 1: You just go to the banket and say do you have two dollar bills? And they're like yeah, no one ever gets them, but yes, yeah, do you want a warm two dollars building? And they still make them. I can't stand people like, oh, why are you spending it? Like okay, So here's my story. I went to Starbucks the other day. I know, I'm just the beer.
Speaker 3: It's the beer two SIPs exactly, so four percent alcohol. That means it's going damn quick.
Speaker 1: Four point four. I went to Starbucks the other day and I had, you know, however much left on my Starbucks card, so it was a dollar seventy six. So I gave the lady a two dollar bill and she goes, oh, she was an older woman. I haven't seen one of these in a while, and I was like, oh, nice, well now you have. So she goes like this, it holds it up. I said, you're not gonna see anything, and that there's no water marks in the two dollar bill. She's like, oh, well, we have to check for counterfeits for everything that doesn't have water marks, and so she couldn't find the counterfeit pen, you know, so she's she's going all over trying to find She's like, I can't complete the transaction until you know, I put the marker on it. I was like, are you kidding me? I'm in my basement counterfeiting two dollar bills of all of everything. That's what I'm doing. I said, one dollar bills don't have water marks and them, do you do counterfeit every single one of those? Well, no, but they're more common. I was like, this is so stupid. The whole transaction took like ten minutes before she found the dumb pen.
Speaker 2: I was like, say, say, I don't even know what penn you're referring to.
Speaker 1: If there's a counter there's a counterfeit pen. It's a it's like a gold color and they wipe it on it, and if it's gold, then it's real. If it turns some other color.
Speaker 3: You ever been with cash to no like been to like a like a buy a Walmart like they'll they'll if you hand them cash. They if you hand them like one hundred dollars bill, they'll do like a marker on it.
Speaker 1: Usually usually fifties or one hundreds, they'll more or a lot of them had this little machine that they put it through, and that tells them also.
Speaker 2: Now, come to think of it, I've worked in retail and at restaurants, and I never ever checked people's cash.
Speaker 3: Well, do you have any business the way you were just accepting counterfeits?
Speaker 1: Do you have any cash on you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Over there.
Speaker 1: I very rarely use cash, and if I do, it's twos. And you know my reasoning for that is because I like lotto tickets and you can't buy lotto tickets from a machine with two dollar bills. So that's why I carry twos most of the time, because otherwise I'll buy lotto tickets because I'm a degenerate.
Speaker 2: All right, So do you a gambling problem?
Speaker 1: Just with a lot of do you have a gambling problem? Contact? Look? Look, look, so here's a twenty. If you look up in the twenty, you'll see Jackson's face over here. That's wow, that's a watermark. You can also see this line right here. That's actually a thread that runs through it. So if you look at a bill in the in the light and you don't see those things, then it's almost likely to be a counterfeit safe. And all bills have that five ten, twenty fifteen. I want to say it. Singles do not because it's kind of an expensive technology. Sorry, And so they don't do it with singles because it would cost them more than it would be worth. So look, there's Hamilton on the right. You can see him in this bill. Is kind of face. You see Hamilton right there, And there's the string that runs through it.
Speaker 4: That's so cool.
Speaker 1: Wow. And see, back when I was a kid, the only security features that bills had was little red and blue threads. If you looked at a bill really close to her, red and blue threads, because that's the paper that they printed on. It was special paper that the Bureau of Engraving or whatever used, and so they had to have that. So that was a way you could tell back then they don't use it. Anymore. I don't think. I mean it might be in this bill, but I can't see it.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Also, okay, what about act. Well, I'm about to ask the stupidest question ever, why can't you just print more money? I don't get the answer. Everyone always tells me the answer, and I still don't understand.
Speaker 1: Why you can't, my kids, you can't just flood the market with more bills because people need more.
Speaker 3: This doesn't mean anything like if ultimately I just printed more than what's a five worth?
Speaker 2: If like just the price here is gross, not like you and your basement printing, Like why can't the government just print more money because inflation?
Speaker 1: Well? No, but you just can't flood the market with money just because people need it. I mean, you still have to make the money to get it. You can't just get it because it's out there.
Speaker 3: And if you're just printing money like so, there's governments usually like Russia right now, for example, they print out higher denomination notes for their currency because their currency doesn't like cost anything.
Speaker 1: Can I see that again? Have you ever noticed? Also? See I? Also I look at the serial numbers too. I taught I taught I taught Andrew A few episodes back that on one.
Speaker 3: Which one I think it's discussing medicine.
Speaker 4: It's really sweet.
Speaker 1: If you look at the serial numbers, the number that it starts with is the place that it was made, because there are different engraving places all around the country. Be was made in New York, New York and New York City, so you see that. Look see the b and if you get a serial number that ends with a star, that's called a star note, and that means that it was a replacement bill because something happened during the run of that particular series of bills. And they are sometimes worth money. So if you look at a bill and there's a star at the end of the serial number, it could be worth some money. But you don't have any Andrew, I have some two dollar bills with stars, and I'm holding on till some idiot wants to buy them because they're really just worth two dollars. But if I put these on eBay, somebody would buy them, thinking that they're rare. Every once in a while, I'll do it. But by the time you pay the fees and the shipping is just not worth it.
Speaker 4: How much would they pay for it?
Speaker 1: They'll pay three or four bucks for a two dollar bill. It's stupid.
Speaker 4: It's stupid.
Speaker 1: You literally can go to a bank and get brand new ones.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna try that.
Speaker 3: You should You're really gonna go to a bank?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of, Well maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: They don't always. They won't always have a stack of them. They'll just have some randos laying around. And here's another fun tidbit that you can do with two dollars bush talk. That's right. If you go to a home depot or a super worker at any place that has a self checkout lane, you can pay with two dollar bills there. They don't advertise it, but those machines will take it, really, and some vending machines will as well. Huh So just try it, you'll like it.
Speaker 3: Go get two dollar bills today, anyway. That's my rant.
Speaker 2: Huh So you don't like cinnamon beer.
Speaker 1: I do not.
Speaker 3: I think it tastes like ugly face. It's not my favorite. I'll say that.
Speaker 4: You like the peb light, the pebble I would like.
Speaker 3: I would drink that over the cinnamon.
Speaker 1: I would drink the peb as well. And you know what, I just realized we didn't have to open both cans. But that's okay.
Speaker 4: Now we can just chug it. We should shock.
Speaker 1: I'm college, I should drive home.
Speaker 2: You should?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Can I turn you upside down and do a sand Sure? I did a keg sand once for a minute. Really, Wow, I was young. I've never done that. I can't chug a vomit everywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm throwing up from. What have you ever shot on a beer?
Speaker 1: No, that's almost the same as chuck. Just swallow a whole beer at once, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you keep it, poke a hole in the side and you pop this and you'd drink it out of the bottom.
Speaker 4: I'm just really good at shotgunning. I should have shot on this one.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You're silly college, that silly college.
Speaker 4: Game if there's any unopened beer.
Speaker 1: But like animal House, you have to understand, I didn't go to college at all, so I missed out on the end all not a day. So I missed out on the entire social aspect of college, and I do regret that.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 2: I went to Rutgers, which is like a party school kind of well, also a very good college and yeah, renowned well academically, but so I know all the I was in a sorority too, So I know a lot of the party games. So do you know like the pong games? Like, do you know I don't play slap cup?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm so flip cup. I'm always terrible at Do you want to do a quick flip cup?
Speaker 4: Should we?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, we need to come while you're setting this stuff up.
Speaker 3: Might might well, wait, just fill this up with more because we have to chug it, right.
Speaker 1: I can't chug it, dude, I have to drive.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we can chug it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so fill it up to the No.
Speaker 1: By the way, my fourteen year old, Wow, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: You play flip cup with that much?
Speaker 4: No, I don't. This is being crazy. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Sorry, my fourteen year old daughter visited.
Speaker 3: Let's get another cup. We could split it and then we'll do three cups. Scott will be the rowdy uh adult in the background.
Speaker 4: Your daughter?
Speaker 1: What she visited a fraternity house? What two weekends ago in serious times because a friend of hers brother was graduating and he took her into the fraternity house and she was so disgusted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so gross.
Speaker 3: They were the grimiest place in human existence.
Speaker 1: There was poop on the wall, and I said, yeah, that probably was that's when you got liked.
Speaker 4: In my swordy house. It was not like that. It was nice.
Speaker 1: Girls are a little bit cleaner, I think, yeah, But it was hard.
Speaker 4: I mean there was thirty six girls in one house.
Speaker 1: That's insane firehouse, no, I know.
Speaker 2: And it was like the bathrooms there's only three toilets and there's three floors, three toilets on each floor and four showers.
Speaker 1: That's three six nine toilets and there's thirty six people who live there. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: But it's almost like a public restroom where it's like the way it's set up, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: These beers has giving me flem. I don't know which want.
Speaker 2: But and the worst thing was like I was expected to cook in the kitchen and that was always messy.
Speaker 3: You were expected to cook no, not like four people.
Speaker 2: Like like I was like I could use the kitchen for myself, but I also have a nut allergy, so I was like, never one.
Speaker 4: It was just like a mess.
Speaker 1: Was there a dishwasher or was her name Diana?
Speaker 4: No, there was not a dishwasher.
Speaker 3: Would you recommend sorority life?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I like all of my best friends from college are in or from my sorority.
Speaker 3: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure that I could have handled it.
Speaker 2: No, So, I Rutgers is such a huge school. Yeah, it was very hard to find friends, like other than people on your floor freshman year, and like I didn't really like people on my floor freshman year. So and I was always like in clubs, Like I did theater and cheerleading in high school. So I was like, what am I doing in college? So I joined a sorority and like we didn't get haste, Like it was so fun. Like I'm going to Disney tomorrow wherever. I don't know when this is airing, but I'm going to Busy World with my best friend from my sorority, and like it's like a different I know it's not so stupid.
Speaker 4: But like it literally is like a sisterhood.
Speaker 1: It's like a different I feel like I would have had many, many more friends if I went to college.
Speaker 3: Were college buddies yeah, bros? Yeah, I mean for the most part, I'm trying to think now. Yeah, like most of my best friends are from college.
Speaker 1: Huh, what a loser I am?
Speaker 3: No, I mean you have friends from high school though, I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have.
Speaker 2: Actually, most of my friends are from high school.
Speaker 3: Most of my friends are actually from grammar. I have grammar school friends, not too many high school and then all the rest of them are all from college.
Speaker 1: So what do we do with this beer? Now?
Speaker 3: Have you so you've never played flip cup?
Speaker 4: It's just you and me playing.
Speaker 3: He needs to play, okay, so.
Speaker 2: Just give him. We need to set it up.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: It's flip cup, you can chug.
Speaker 2: I've seen a little bit.
Speaker 1: I've seen that. I've seen the cup, the solo cup, game, the pink, the pong competing.
Speaker 3: I think we should What are we doing to because you need to drink one flip then drink the next.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get beer all over the place.
Speaker 2: As you drink, drink flip, there's still like.
Speaker 3: You chug empty, then you put you down here and then you until you flip it. No, there's gonna be beer everywhere. What do you think you get every drop out of the cup.
Speaker 4: No, you would never last in college.
Speaker 3: You're worried about specks of milk getting on the Superman boxing here, get a flip cups of beer over.
Speaker 2: You literally just keep it very close to yourself and go weep.
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna get it on my pants and then I'll get a d U. I going home. Yes, sure, Lin the registration and what's that I smell? Step out of the vehicle. I'm not doing this.
Speaker 2: Here's what we'll do.
Speaker 3: What we'll go one by one and we'll time it. Okay, so I'll go first time.
Speaker 4: That's chaotic.
Speaker 3: Yes, it sounds chaotic and it's limited.
Speaker 1: What's going on.
Speaker 3: It's a rowdy college party, Scott. We need rowdy college music.
Speaker 1: You can't like, you can't take those those allergy pills with alcohol.
Speaker 4: That's not true. I take Alergebicon every day and I've drank my whole life.
Speaker 2: She also didn't take an allergy bill.
Speaker 1: No, for you, those are your floor pills? Do you say right there?
Speaker 3: The Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Yeah, technically you're not supposed to drink ag.
Speaker 1: I had a whole game plan for us today and now this.
Speaker 4: Is just after I gonna take all two minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know if you can. I don't know if we can play because we did it on the show today. But you guys don't know. You don't listen.
Speaker 2: I know I do listen, but when I'm in there filming.
Speaker 4: What's filming that you were? I couldn't can hear you?
Speaker 1: Okay, what are we doing? What is this? Hey? Guys are at the club?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: First you were me?
Speaker 2: Uh do you want to go first?
Speaker 4: Okay, alright, I'm gonna go. I only have two.
Speaker 2: Cups, so we're gonna just do two cups.
Speaker 1: Ready, smells like pissing here go? What know? You just got beer everywhere?
Speaker 3: No? He didn't you look at the table?
Speaker 1: No, no, this looks like such fun. Damn it this beer, it just came out. I see it. Look it's on the table.
Speaker 2: Damn man, oh man, I'm losing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't get a cup theano. That guy is looking at you and he wants to pick you up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly this hey, attack it to the bar?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, alright thirty five seconds? Yikes?
Speaker 4: All right, all right now I think it's Diana's turn.
Speaker 2: But there is beer. But this is a college party.
Speaker 1: No, this is not a frat house.
Speaker 4: What is now?
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 1: Ready? Ready and go?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Just beer everywhere? Wow? Six seconds? I wonder if I could beat that. This is gonna be a nightmare.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait to.
Speaker 1: Scott do this.
Speaker 2: That's too much.
Speaker 4: Wait, too much?
Speaker 1: I mean like little drink this crowd.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, which one are you doing?
Speaker 1: His tissues? Here's Napkins over here?
Speaker 3: Alright, ready, yeah, Scott's good.
Speaker 2: It's good, It's good, good, it's good. Oh perfect?
Speaker 1: Five seconds? Now?
Speaker 4: Are you literally joking me?
Speaker 2: First time ever?
Speaker 1: I need to go to college. I'm going to school. Got im gonna I'm gonna be like Rodney Dangerfield. What what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Animal House? No, I don't know what you want? Man, back to School?
Speaker 1: You never saw that movie?
Speaker 3: No, you guys should get together this weekend and watch Back to School. Great movie, great eighties movie, spectacular eighties movie.
Speaker 1: Wow, he went back to school.
Speaker 2: I can't believe we just played Flip cook. That was so much fun and fine, I want you do you know it's not that I want to play this now.
Speaker 4: But do you know what slap cup is Scott?
Speaker 1: It sounds like it's almost the same.
Speaker 2: Is it aggressive? Can I fight Scott?
Speaker 4: Really aggressive? But it's too messy. You put in the in the center of the table.
Speaker 2: You put like twenty solo cups with beer, and you bounce a ball into the center and then the first like across the table.
Speaker 4: Let's see you're over there.
Speaker 2: You take your cup that I went and I would take my cup that it went in, and you chug it, and then you have to bounce your ball into your cup.
Speaker 4: That you just chug.
Speaker 2: Sorry, and then you have to you're trying to beat like the person. So if you're on the side of me, like you're trying to get it in, your ball in before I get mine in. And then if you get in, you slap my cup and I take one out of the center and drink it and then do the ball again. And then you can also do stack cup. If you don't want to slap it, you could stack them and then they get like really high, like higher than this, and then it's really hard to like bounce the ping pong ball into it.
Speaker 3: Did you ever play dice with it? There's like a dice one that you throw it up in the air and the dice have to go in the cup. I don't know. I played that at a summerhouse a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: I feel like I might get arrested today.
Speaker 3: You did not even drink a full beer. It doesn't matter. I still smell it's gonna come out of my poor the peb.
Speaker 1: Are you the peb?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the peb.
Speaker 1: Let's see, are you taking a break?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's not working.
Speaker 1: So we'll be back right after this and we're back. Wow, that was not long enough. Hole.
Speaker 3: I'm really loving you being on the show today. DN. I feel like you got Scott out of his temperate zone.
Speaker 1: Well, see, here's what I really wanted to do today. I wanted to do like the Millennials versus the gen xer done, but because I wanted to have like questions. Yeah, but that's why I wrote up these eighties advertising slogans, because I don't think that you guys will have any idea what they are. Even even though we played it on the show yesterday morning and you heard all of them, I still don't think that you'll know. You I would guess that you would probably know two out of twenty five done.
Speaker 4: I guess I know zero.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, there's one that's like kind of still in use.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't only watch TV and then you like ads on TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are like TV commercials. Okay, really, well, I guess you know what. We're in the age now of skipping commercials, so you don't have to watch them.
Speaker 4: I don't even have cable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but aren't there commercials that come up on YouTube? It's like, don't you have Hulu? I don't have Hulu and we just we just played commercial moments ago. Oh yeah right, but that was for crooked penises.
Speaker 3: No, you we don't know what's getting put into the commercials I put in.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure for crooked penis. Okay, well, people still tell us, people tell us that that's what we play still anyway, Okay, this one's really easy. Yeah, melts in your mouth, not in your hands.
Speaker 3: That's my buzzer. Melts in your mouth not.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding?
Speaker 4: Ice?
Speaker 3: I'm so that is the slogan for me in your mouth, not in your hands, and like an M and m m m yeah, okay, I don't.
Speaker 4: You can't because I'm allergy just everything.
Speaker 1: You know what. I'm not even going to continue because none of you will get any of these like more I'll buzz in it took you that long to get melt in your mouth not in your hand, because I was thinking, like, it sounds like eminem but what if it comes out stupid. I'm actually going to skip most of these because you don't won't know these. Here's one. This one is iconic, an iconic.
Speaker 3: And there was like such a millennial when he says that. And they're a sponsor, big sponsor of the morning show. Where's the beef? A big sponsor where's the bearbes Arby's does not sponsored this morning show.
Speaker 1: Yes it's Wendy's. But you only got that by process of elimination. Give no idea.
Speaker 3: I was about to say Chick fil A.
Speaker 1: It was the little lady Clara. She would walk up to the counter of like this little great restaurant and she go, where's the beef? Because it was a little it was a bun with a giant bun and a tiny little burger on it.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: If you didn't get that, then well this one you'll get because it's like the answer is almost in the question. Time to make the donuts Dunkin Donuts? Yes, and it's okay to say that because it was Dunkin Donuts. Then now it's just a Dunkin.
Speaker 3: I never agreed with that.
Speaker 1: I don't either, And you know what, I don't think they do either, because if you look, they're not very quick to change the signage. Like almost every store still says donuts. You know, I don't know, it's just the new ones.
Speaker 3: Something's peculiar, because you know.
Speaker 1: What, people will forever call it dunkin Donuts because that's just what it is. All Right. You won't know this this one you might know because you'll just guess fly the Friendly Skies.
Speaker 3: Of Continental United.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that was a guest. But it's very good.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I knew it urged.
Speaker 3: Yeah really yeah, but these you gotta remember these are eighties, they say, but United slogan is back to being fly the Friendly Skies.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, when did were you born? Do you mind sharing?
Speaker 1: Ninety two one, ninety one, ninety one, he's thirty one, you're thirty one? Yes, oh on the application for Lingo, I said you were thirty lingo. It's a show for it's a game show. So's it was a word. Okay, so you know word'll obviously okay that you know? Millennial and sorry, Jen Wire, I.
Speaker 4: Don't even know what I am. You look about nine ninety six six, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, I was working here for a year already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you guys were on the air when I was like born.
Speaker 1: A range more millennial anyway, So there was a game show in the late nineties early two thousands called Lingo.
Speaker 3: Are a Cusper You're on the cusp of Millennial and gen Z.
Speaker 1: Okay, So anyway, it's a word game show where like little balls fall down, you have to make words and it's kind of like word word'll actually stole.
Speaker 2: What about bogle?
Speaker 3: I love that game so much fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So anyway, Lingo is coming back, and Rup Paul is going to be the host, and Andrew and I are applying to be on the show together, so that would be really really fun.
Speaker 3: My we hope is that it's a CBS property it is for that and then just transition.
Speaker 4: It on all well one.
Speaker 1: Can sometimes that happens. Network love you know true, it's true, you're not gonna see Andrew should know this. If he doesn't, then you're fired. I don't know anything else but to say, you won't know this, but Andrew should. He likes it.
Speaker 3: See it's like I know what it's from. Like he likes it, He'll be kicks. No, that's apparent a.
Speaker 1: Buzzer that works. Why don't the laughing shut off?
Speaker 3: I honestly don't know is it even recording this because it's not.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be angry. It is recording, okay, old, I like the end of the come on dude, he likes it.
Speaker 3: Mikey, he likes Mikey life cereal, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It sounds like and Rudolph and they're like, she likes me.
Speaker 1: She really really likes Maybe they got movie they stole it from there AND's older. You know what, Rudolf, you should know this because this is just like a thing.
Speaker 4: He does the backlip and.
Speaker 2: He has the fake nose on and then because Clarice likes him and his nose falls off because he's like, she likes me.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. See that you know that's from the sixties and that you know.
Speaker 4: Because it's like Christmas.
Speaker 3: This is all classic too. The San Francisco treat, that's classic. Oh that one's uh, the one that's by the water turtle Lelly Chocolate, Rice sher Deli. It's Rice Cerroni, yes, right, Saronni. The San Francisco treat.
Speaker 2: That's from San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where it was originated.
Speaker 3: If I had the noises, I would have said, who said that? Because I honestly had no idea. I really thought that was the chocolate.
Speaker 1: This one you should know because it came back for a little bit, like a couple of years ago, and it went away again. Avoid thenoid Thennoid. Do you remember he's the annoying little one with like the bunny ear hat. That's correct, but from what what brand? Oh? Somebody called yes because we were talking.
Speaker 3: An insurance company. No, it's food.
Speaker 1: It's pizza. It's pizza. No, that's pizza. Pizza.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, pizza.
Speaker 1: Hut. I have to go Dominos very good, ding ding ding? Should we keep going? You guys? This one you should know. PLoP PLoP, fizz fizz.
Speaker 3: Good nothing because they just restarted that one.
Speaker 1: That's there.
Speaker 2: It's back to be.
Speaker 3: They brought it back. Yeah, because it was so popular. Any others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's plenty taste great, less filling, gatorid. No, it was a bar full of like football guys, and on one side they were like, taste great, last filling. Yes, very wow.
Speaker 2: I heard you say that, Oh cheating.
Speaker 4: I heard them say that this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, I hate you so much?
Speaker 2: Whatever morning it was.
Speaker 1: How but you deserve a break today? Okay, you deserve no?
Speaker 3: No, that's like break No, that's give me a break, Give me a break, break me off a piece of that.
Speaker 1: Bonus points if you tell me who starred and give me a break. In the eighties A.
Speaker 2: Movie that was?
Speaker 1: That was a TV show in the eighties, None of the I love the girl on her Samantha. I loved her sam I loved her Christine. No, it was what I was a little kid. I was a kid. I liked all girls and TV shows. Yeah. No, nel Carter, she was the housekeeper. Oh I should have gotten that one.
Speaker 3: Nel Carter was right on the tip of my tongue. How about I just happened this good to the last drop? Milk has no no sponsor?
Speaker 1: Did I give you the answer for the last one?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What you deserve a break today? Was McDonald's.
Speaker 3: You deserve a break today?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Hi, Diamond, how are you today? Hey, Hi, can't hear you through the glass? Have a nice day. No, she doesn't want to come in. She just wants to harass.
Speaker 2: That's the last drop that you already said that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Coffee?
Speaker 4: Oh, oh, just it has a brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a coffee brand.
Speaker 3: Oh, Starbucks.
Speaker 1: There's some Starbucks in the eighties, there wasn't. I mean, it probably was, but it was in like California. No one here knew what it was Maxwell House. Oh yeah, well you know what, this is not fun anymore because you guys are young. So how about double your pleasure, double your fun, extra double gum, double mint yesh diamond diamond.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna speak? Hey, guys, gu's what.
Speaker 1: What you have to coop? Okay, that was loud, by the way, it does a body good. That was milk.
Speaker 3: Okay, just milk, just milk.
Speaker 1: It was from the milk producer.
Speaker 4: Got milk. It's just milk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the dairy board. Huh, got milk.
Speaker 2: You know who produces dairy cows only.
Speaker 1: Girl girl cows. Right. Well, how about it's what's for dinner? That's just also food beef beef, yes, and how about the other white meat chicken?
Speaker 3: No, that's pork, Oh, pork, sorry pork, turkey pork.
Speaker 1: Oh poor apple sauce. Bye diamond, bye diamond, Thanks for stopping.
Speaker 4: What cartoons were on the air When you were little.
Speaker 1: We talked about this, but I it was sorry, no, no, no, it's fine because we didn't get that deep into it. When I was a little Saturday. First of all, it's not like that anymore. But Saturday mornings was cartoons. You woke up at seven or eight o'clock in the morning, you had a bowl of whatever sugar cereal that you could possibly get, and you sat and you watched cartoons all morning, mostly on NBC. They had the good ones. They ate Smurfs and oh Smurfs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I remember Smurfs right, have a Smurfy Day, Andrew Smurfet.
Speaker 1: You would be Brainy Smurf would.
Speaker 2: Be old Man Smurf, Papa Cutie, old Man Smurf Cutie Man, old Man.
Speaker 1: Do you know the girls Smurf's name Smurf? It was only one Smurfet. Yes, my mom.
Speaker 2: Loved the Smurfs. Was a Smurf for Halloween in high school actually because.
Speaker 1: And you have no idea what it was.
Speaker 2: No, I I know it from my mom only.
Speaker 1: And so the Hanna Barbara was huge. Back then. There was the Jetsons, the Flintstones, Huckleberry Hound. Who's that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really that is? I know the jets Meet the.
Speaker 3: Jetson Jetson you did, Yeah, there's the other Jetson Jane his wife.
Speaker 2: Do do do do do?
Speaker 1: Do Do Do is by l Roy daughter Judy, You would be Judy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Is that a compmentary to be honest? He says things and I don't.
Speaker 2: Know I have the time a comment or an insult yep or ah.
Speaker 1: That means I love you? Okay from an episode that was from an episode of The Jetsons. I don't know why I remember that.
Speaker 4: Well, my favorite cartoon is SpongeBob.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that came years later. Do you know who? Do you know who the Great Gazoo is?
Speaker 3: Yes? Flintstones. He's what tanked the Flintstones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was the green guy that came whenever they needed like he was like a genie.
Speaker 3: Kind of but just like the cousin on a Brady Bunch.
Speaker 1: Yes, what was his name? I have the book there.
Speaker 3: Actually cousin something or other.
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 3: I loved The Brady Bunch me too. The movies are so good too.
Speaker 1: It's so cheesy, but it was great.
Speaker 3: Well that was the point. It was like satire.
Speaker 1: You know, I need to find out his name now because he's bothering me.
Speaker 3: Jake, Josh oh, none of those Jeff.
Speaker 2: Wow. So then did you watch cartoons when you're little or not really.
Speaker 3: I liked SpongeBob, but that was nineteen ninety nine, so I was like, what eight, So yeah, we had SpongeBob. I remember it premiering after the Nick Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards. Oh yeah, Oliver, how about Hey Arnold?
Speaker 1: Oh? I loved Hay Arnold.
Speaker 2: What else did I like?
Speaker 4: I was like a big Disney Channel person.
Speaker 2: You were a Disney kid?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so much. I was not a Disney Channel fan as much as I was a Nickelodeon fan. Really yeah, Nickelodeon. Yeah, well, I mean I always liked it, but Disney Channel never really played shows like I was never an even Stevens fan, Elizie mcla wire fans.
Speaker 2: I loved Lizzie McGuire, Hanna Montana, Like, oh the best.
Speaker 1: What you're talking about, Andrew, that's willis no the different strokes, that's Arnold from the different strokes. It's not the there we go. Look, I'm too old for this. You guys can reminisce about your nineties shows.
Speaker 3: You get to do this every time someone I'll say, go right ahead.
Speaker 2: I didn't really have a ninety show because I was born in ninety six, so it was like to two thousand shows.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did you do Nick Junior?
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little, I don't know what was on, Oh Blues Clues.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did Nick Junior because I had kids. So you guys were watching it as kids, and I was watching it as a dad.
Speaker 4: Well, no, your kids are way younger than me.
Speaker 1: So how old were you fourteen years ago?
Speaker 3: Why would she so she would be?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she was watching Nick Junior then, and so was I.
Speaker 3: She was watching Mike Junior at twelve.
Speaker 2: Yes, no I was not.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, you still see. That's what I love about Cooper is Cooper Is. Cooper is eleven and she still likes like little kid shows, and I'm totally cool. I don't want her to grow up too fast. It's nice that she still likes like little kids stuff. And her friends make fun of her this is a baby show, and Cooper's like, oh okay, I change your channel. But then they leave and she puts it back on.
Speaker 3: I've always said Little Bear is a very calming show.
Speaker 2: Also, I love Arthur and Franklin.
Speaker 3: That show got canceled recently.
Speaker 1: I was all about the fresh Beat band. We went through this.
Speaker 3: I don't remember the Fresh Beat band.
Speaker 1: Yes you do.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, you don't because you didn't watch it as a child. I watch the crickets again. I watched it with a child.
Speaker 2: Will be back?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, you another one? Yeah?
Speaker 3: We do two commercials for bull chat.
Speaker 1: Oh I still smell fresh? All right, we'll be back right after this. Now, I wanna do this, and we're back.
Speaker 3: I almost really like those commercial noises.
Speaker 1: It's not we need the regular one because that that is what triggers network spots.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you didn't you don't you didn't go to college.
Speaker 4: I'm just stuck on this.
Speaker 2: Also, you didn't like how did you get your job right out of out of high school?
Speaker 1: Shall I run through this one more time? I don't mind it's too long in this it's it's not too long, but I'm gonna I'm gonna wind up saying Cedar rappers and he's gonna go here, there you go.
Speaker 3: What I'm going to do is I'm gonna just hang out for a while. Let's Scott tell you the tale really quick. So when I was ten, eleven, twelve years old, I became.
Speaker 1: A radio geek. I listened to the radio. I heard myself on the radio when I was eleven years old because I won Michael Jackson tickets.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, you saw him a concert.
Speaker 1: I saw him a concert out the garden. It was the Bad Tour March third, nineteen eighty eight. I remember because that's what she said on the radio. Yeah, And so when I heard my voice on the radio, I was like, this is the coolest thing ever. And I fell in love with radio that day. And from that day on, I started calling all the DJs and being pains in the ass, and I would learn everything about the radio station. They knew who I was. I would win contests every thirty days on the dot. I don't know how I do.
Speaker 4: You were the prize pig.
Speaker 1: I was a huge prize pig. I'm the people that I hate today, but I don't hate them anymore because I get it. Yeah, you know what I mean. And so I was a huge radio geek. So by the time I got to high school, which is what thirteen twelve, thirteen thirteen fourteen, somewhere in there, my high school had an FM radio station, which is very like, NaOH, that's very nice. Yeah, there are very few of them in the country. So I wound up tooling around there and back then it was just like, Okay, there's a microphone, there's a record player, go have fun. Like they really didn't teach you anything. So I kind of learned everything that I knew just by doing it. So then when I was fifteen, there was a radio station on Long Island and they were doing a grand opening of a butcher you know, a meat store where they have female cows that although I think the males are the ones that do the meat and the girls are the ones that do the milk. Right, yeah, so whatever. Anyway, so my dad went to the DJ that was there at the butcher shop and said, yeah, my kid, he loves radio, you know. And so he's like, all right, here, give me, here's my card, you know, maybe whatever, intern whatever. So at fifteen years old, I went there. I took a bus to the train to the bus and I had an interview with them during the morning show and they loved me and they hired me as an intern at fifteen, which is which is illegal unheard of. I don't know if it's illegal, but I couldn't. Well, I mean, it's different, it's different. It was different then. Now interns have they get paid and can't make him get coffee and everyone's offended by everything, so whatever. But back when I was eighteen, so I just went there in the mornings, and you know, I helped him out with production and whatnot. And then when I was sixteen years old, their morning show producer quit and since I had been there for like a year and a half already, I knew the morning show and they said, you want to do it. It's part time, but you can do it, and they hired me as the morning show producer at sixteen. Wow. So I was the morning show producer there when I was a junior and senior in high school. So by the time I was a senior, I dropped every class. I only took the required classes because I didn't get to school till eleven thirty being the morning show producer, so I only took Social studies, English, and Jim Nice. That's it. It was seventh, eighth, and ninth period. And I got out of gym by giving my gym teacher McDonald's coupons for free. Big Max. I gave him one a week and he said, all right, just get dressed, I'll mark you here and you can leave. So that was it. And he's still he actually walks around my neighborhood with his dog now and our dogs play the coolest thing. And so from there they were like, eh, you know, it's not going to be a full time position. I was like, I don't know whatever. So the guy that I was working for in the morning, he got two radio station licenses in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. One was Waterloo, Iowa. One was Iowa City. But it's the same thing. So he's like, you want to go. You could be the overnight guy and the morning show producer. I'm like, I'm in. So at eighteen years old, I packed up the U haul, I left the house, I drove out to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I got an apartment, and I you know, I became a local.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow.
Speaker 1: And the thing is why there's ten months eleven I was there for eleven months because the radio stations never went on the air. He became a local.
Speaker 2: He was there eleven months.
Speaker 1: I made lots of friends there, who I'm still friends with you this day anyway.
Speaker 2: So those are your college friends kind of exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes. So the radio stations never went on the air, and I was like, I'm working at a telemarketing center. What am I doing. I work for Western Union. I'm eighteen years old. I don't want to do this. I gotta wear a tie every day.
Speaker 2: That's money to do. That is that? Two personals asked that, well, how did you get out there?
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, I drove out there and my parents helped me with the apartment, you know, college, you know. But I made money at this place that I was working at, so I was able to pay the rent was very cheap. Yeah, and that was it, and I had the time of my life. It was good times. But I didn't want to be working for Western Union. I was a radio guy, like you know. When it hit me when I went to the store and I bought a CD, I'm like, no, buy CDs. I'm radio. I'm work in radio. Buy CDs. So I was like, I can't do this anymore. And they actually offered to give me this big job in Bridgeton, Missouri, and I was going to be like this executive and I'm like, nah, I don't want to do that. I'm done. So I came home. I sent out resumes to all the New York City radio stations when I was in the summer of eighteen turning nineteen, and I got an interview at Z one hundred. They're the only people they called me back. I did not have my phone number on my resume because I didn't know anything about that. I didn't know how to make a resume. But they found me, they called me. I went for an interview. I helped the promotions director opened the trunk of for Porsche because it was jammed. She liked that, and she hired me. She hired me full time, full time that day on June fifteenth, nineteen ninety five. Wow, it was my first day and here I am twenty seven years later.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: So that's my radio story, and that's why I never went to college, because I was already doing what I loved.
Speaker 2: If you didn't do this, what do you think you'd be doing?
Speaker 1: I would probably be retired from the sanitation department at this point because I actually applied to be a garbage man when I was eighteen also, and I did not get the job. Wow, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know too high of standards. Yeah, so so I did not get that job. Otherwise, you know, it's kind of annoying to me because all my friends that I went to high school with that were civil servants like police officers and firefighters and went out. They're all retiring now. So they're all retiring with their full pensions. Young though that forty six they've all yeah, it's that's it. That's what cops do.
Speaker 2: Know.
Speaker 1: They're in there for twenty it's twenty something years, and then they retire with full pension and benefits and whatever. They all go move to North Carolina or South Carolina and they get an h they get another job and they're making like crazy money. That should I should be retired right now. This is BS and here you're doing a serial podcast, playing flip cup, trying to figure out how I'm going to make my next you know.
Speaker 3: So whatever, here's a question what most pressing of all. I feel sorry for that long winded story. Can you drive me home today?
Speaker 1: Are you out of your mind? I'm just asking, Wait, where do you live? You're in the Jersey City? Also right, No, you're Hoboken. No where do you live?
Speaker 2: I live in Bergen County in the suburbs.
Speaker 1: Kind of Oh, you did live in Hoboken and the dude you.
Speaker 2: Broke up and left? Well but no, well yes, but also because we were returning to work, and I was like, why am I wasting?
Speaker 1: So you live at home now and you're saving money?
Speaker 4: No, I live in an apartment in Bergen County.
Speaker 1: Oh is that what you just said?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not going to say where.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's okay.
Speaker 2: But it's very quick commute. It's only thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: So did you want me to talk to home too?
Speaker 4: No, it's okay.
Speaker 2: I have to do so much here, edit everything in the show.
Speaker 1: Still, got it? Got it? Andrew like, doesn't have to edit this? So I can take him home?
Speaker 2: I guess yay.
Speaker 3: Oh is that nice?
Speaker 2: I love that for me.
Speaker 1: Can I miss.
Speaker 2: Hoboken o Buffy? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Unaffordable right now?
Speaker 1: I miss Hoboken too.
Speaker 2: I live there also, it's so expensive.
Speaker 3: It was a lot of too expensive.
Speaker 1: Amy and I had like some wonderful, wonderful like just married years there and dating years there and it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: You should become a New Jersey resident again.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm good, because then I gotta pay tolls. Come to the tunnel this midtown move.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, No, ma'am, I'm with you. I'm Matthew, I'm with you especially when congestion pricing goes into effect. F that.
Speaker 3: Wait, so is congestion pricing for people.
Speaker 1: That there are some big city there are some big cities that have it already.
Speaker 3: So basically they can just choose when to turn it on and off.
Speaker 1: No, I'm pretty sure. Well, I think during rush hours is when it costs more. I think it's less and off hours, or it depends. They haven't really laid it out yet. Sometimes it doesn't kick in until five or six am, and it's free the rest of the time. Sometimes it's just more during peak hours. They just don't want as so many cars in the city. But all it's gonna do is to make people have to pay it, and the prices of things go up because if you have to drive, you have to drive. I can't take the train to work. I can't rely.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I feel like I'm the only person on the show that takes public transportation to work.
Speaker 1: I would, but it's not reliable. How many times you've been sitting on the train and there's a delay because there's signal trouble or some idiot jumped on the tracks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, from the farther away, I'm close like I get on the Secaucus pretty much. Yeah, so there's only one stop, so it's like pretty cleared up.
Speaker 1: That's a fun station you're on, like the big Secaucus station. Yeah. I used to sometimes take the little one by Harmon Cove that was in Secucus. Oh my god, that was not you would like jump on that thing while I was moving that train.
Speaker 2: We have two options because I take my train goes one stop or two stops toe Caucus, and then I could either get off at to Caucus and take it to pen or I could get like go to Hobog and take the path.
Speaker 1: Well we first when we first started, before you were even born, Like that's where the radio station was, in the swamps of Secaucus. Nice, that was. That was not a terrible commute because it was out in this other.
Speaker 4: Way and it was the other way, not during rush hour exactly.
Speaker 1: I lived there for a year or two. That wasn't fun in the swamps. Did I ever tell you about that apartment?
Speaker 4: Were you Shrek?
Speaker 3: Yes, you're right, it's Shrek, thank you. There was an apartment and not getting off me land Donkey from.
Speaker 1: The radio station. I'm telling you there were drug dealers and prostitutes that lived upstairs for me. But here's the thing. The thing is, I didn't even know this until I signed the least, you know what The address was Radio Avenue.
Speaker 4: Oh so I was destined.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a sign. But you know, so this apartment was it was okay, you know it was it was relatively inexpensive, It wasn't bad, and it turned out to be a crap hole because the people above me were such terrible people. I only saw them every once in a while, but I'm pretty sure the dude was a pimp. There were always like random girls sitting on the stoop. They're like, hey, honey, I'm like, hi, how are you? You know, and I'm pretty sure that they were selling drugs And.
Speaker 4: Did you buy them?
Speaker 1: No? I did not.
Speaker 3: Scott is Nancy Reagan Dare program. Okay, okay, he sees drug anything drug related. And it's a meeting.
Speaker 1: That was another one.
Speaker 3: It was this is this is drugs, this is your brain on drugs, any questions. It was the drug.
Speaker 1: Campaign that was the partnership for a Drug Free America anyway, So it was so they were above me. So I was on the ground floor and they were above me, and so you know, I was doing overnights at the time, so I had to sleep, you know, and all day was this. It was like they were running a marathon in their apartment all day long, so much so that I took a microphone and I took a microphone and I taped it to the ceiling and I recorded it so I could play it for the landlord and be like, dude, these people do not stop all day and all night. I can't take it anymore. And then one time I had a girl over, okay, whoa who See she was sitting she was sitting on the toilet, and the ceiling collapsed and all this brown water came flooding through the ceiling. Oh no, it was the most disgusting thing ever. And they wouldn't fix it. So anytime I had to go to the bathroom, I had to hold a pot over my head because kidding me, this sounds like I swear, No, I have pictures. It was terrible. And then there were other spots that I would see brown I'm like, oh my god, it's gonna happen, and then the ceiling would just collapse.
Speaker 3: This seems like a hazard, like a I was able to break the lease and got the hell out of there.
Speaker 1: What a nightmare, I.
Speaker 2: Thought, my I thought, I find a picture. My first apartment in Hoboken was pretty like bad. The ceiling literally was like collapsing to but not that bad in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Those buildings are old, and that's the thing. The brown stones, Yes, a lot of them are old, and a lot of them are not redone, and they're just they don't make like fixed fixes to them.
Speaker 3: But this is not good.
Speaker 1: See most of the buildings they patch, Yeah, they don't fix. They just oh, there's a big giant crack with water coming through. Let's shoot some flex seal in there and painted.
Speaker 2: And that was what happened to my apartment. I gotta find the picture.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Amy and I were moving out of our Hoboken apartment and we owned it, so we sold it. It wasn't just like a rental.
Speaker 2: New poring rain would come out through the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty close.
Speaker 3: That's terrible.
Speaker 1: Mine was a little worse than that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well it also wasn't in that it was in the living room, like right over the TV.
Speaker 3: And did your landlord ever fix it where they like, yeah, well.
Speaker 2: This was like cracking the whole thing was like they fixed it, but it took so long. Oh that's those those pictures are right before I went to borrow. Was scary, so funny.
Speaker 3: For get all my worries and I'll get drunk with scary.
Speaker 2: What a journey.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the day before we were moving, we was all packed up. The apartment was empty. We were just sitting there on like boxes, like, wow, let's look back on this. This was great. And all of a sudden we look over and there are thousands of ants coming out in the corner and we were like, shut up, this cannot be happening right now. No, this cannot be happening right now.
Speaker 4: I get seed out.
Speaker 1: So I just I got some raid and we just I raided the hell out of the corner and we just left and hoped for the best. I remember, we just got out of there. Yeah, And that was that.
Speaker 2: In my second Hoboken apartment, so the ceiling one was my first one. My second one, I lived with myself and I didn't have neighbors at all, and then all of a sudden, these people from Florida moved in. And I'm assuming this is where I'm assuming the bugs came from because of like the bugs Florida people have, like those Palmeto bugs, although I think it was a cockroach spanyway.
Speaker 1: And salamander's yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, literally but ass naked, going to pick some a shirt up off the ground and I feel my whole it's dark.
Speaker 4: No, I go like off my shoulder.
Speaker 2: And I you're like, and I was like, that was a fucking I was sorry, that was this freaking cockroach. And the person that was there was like, no, it wasn't and I was like, yes, it was. And then it turned light on and it was It was literally like huge cockroach that was on me. I can literally still feel it.
Speaker 3: It was so disgusting and you can't even kill those things, Like you could step on it all day and they don't die.
Speaker 2: I round it and read I tried to and then I like flush it.
Speaker 1: But you know what, And that's the reason. It's silly. But that's why I hate summer because I hate, yeah, bugs, I hate them, and they're all coming out now. I don't know where the hell they were, but you get one nice day and there's bugs everywhere. I hate bugs, hate it. I just want to walk around like a bee keeper's thing. I hate them so much.
Speaker 3: In Australia, they have cockroaches that run across the street like their bugs are big. Yeah, and they have cockroaches. It was the weirdest thing because you'd walk and you just would hear like crunching. Oh it was bad.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you when everybody says that they're shocked that we don't have cockroaches here from cereal, no, no, no, Like in this studio, there's so much food in here. The fact that we don't have mice and bugs is remarkable.
Speaker 3: Now that you said it. Tomorrow, we're gonna walk in and there's gonna be a roach.
Speaker 2: You do if you poured a cereal out and the cockers fell out, and.
Speaker 1: That'd be great because that would mean greg T's.
Speaker 3: But eating it absolutely not. I'll tell you what would happen. I'd like this place up, but we only place is going up in flames because I'm not staying here.
Speaker 1: But you and I only eat fresh, freshly bag open cereals.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you these are not freshly bad.
Speaker 1: They're not, but we don't eat those.
Speaker 2: We only give it.
Speaker 3: I see a roach in this place, I will not return until it's fumigated. Have you looked in the light fixtures in the hallways. I know, but like I'm if I see them in this room.
Speaker 1: They're very respectful of the organs. They don't come in here.
Speaker 2: In the women's bathroom, they're always there, Like I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 3: I never saw one in the men's bathroom sitting there.
Speaker 1: And they'll run and you can do it. I'll scream like a girl, and and there's nothing you can do.
Speaker 3: I hate it.
Speaker 2: You sit direct ass on the toilet.
Speaker 1: I don't hover. That's what the sheet covers. Okay, oh my god, god, I used like double triple of not here here. I'll just do a wipe and a thing. But like in a gas station or in a truck stop or.
Speaker 2: Something, you have to squat.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. You can't I squat. You can squat and poop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if it's like a good enough poop, like ready.
Speaker 3: To come out my leg muscles, a squatty potty. Good, it's for using the squatty potty.
Speaker 1: But you have to hold what do you got to hold onto? Something?
Speaker 4: You hold on to something.
Speaker 1: You can't just squat. First of all, you have to understand I sit there for fifteen minutes, I can't squat for fifteen minutes. I allot fifteen minutes. I get in at five oh one and I'm out of there at five sixteen, and I'm back in here by five twenty to start the show.
Speaker 4: Is it, guy?
Speaker 2: You have coffee?
Speaker 1: No? Oh no, it's not. It's just that's just my routine. I'm very regular poop one day, oh no, oh, okay, no, no, no, maybe sometimes three times, yeah, which is good. I guess right regularly.
Speaker 3: I don't know going regular that's good for you.
Speaker 1: I guess I'll ask my butt doctor next time I go. You should I will you still get that?
Speaker 3: Colin Osky?
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I.
Speaker 2: Know, Yeah, you have to.
Speaker 1: I think I just know I have to. I just for now, I think I just want to do the cool of the ard. I just want to poop the box thing and just send it in for now. Well, it's like everybody says, sad wants that's how easy it is. And oh, it's the best sleep of your life, That's what everybody says. They knock you out and they shove a thing up your butt and they look around and then but you know what, of all people, I would wake up, there'd be a hose up my ass and I'd be like and I would freak out because that's just what would happen because it's me, you know, I guess. Plus the day or two leading up to it, apparently as a nightmare, Amy had to drink the stuff and was in the bathroom every two seconds, and that's what happened because you got to clean yourself out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean again, it's just something you gotta do.
Speaker 1: I understand, I get it, but I I you know me, I'm he's a precious flower. I'm afraid of medical things. I don't like procedures. And you know, I'm not alone. There are many people that just there was someone I was talking to that didn't have a physical until they were forty something like.
Speaker 3: I'm in six years over getting a physical. I need to get one to one in years year.
Speaker 1: Dude. The guy almost came in with all the lights flashing. I remember last time, but they don't care anyway.
Speaker 2: I'm still in my mom's insurance. I'm trying to go to all the doctors before I get off. And oh yeah this year six, it's twenty six, but I turned twenty six in jany worry. But for some reason hers is tell the end of the calendary. You're sorry, I loucked out. Just get everything you can everything. Are you able to get insurance through work or is it really expensive? Well, don't you guys have insurance through here?
Speaker 1: Mine's different. I'm through the union.
Speaker 2: There's insurance that I heard. I just don't know anything about it. I guess I have to enroll whenever.
Speaker 1: That is the don't miss that period because then you're screwed. I mean.
Speaker 2: If I missed it though, when I lost coverage, they would have to give it to me, because like when you have like a loss in coverage, it's called something, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like if I.
Speaker 2: Was like married and I got divorced and I lost coverage, I wouldn't have to wait to open.
Speaker 1: And roll, just like cobra. What is that you're asking them?
Speaker 2: I literally never heard.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think that's when you get fired, you have COBRA. I don't know anything about this stuff. I know either, I'm terrible with these things. I don't know. I should There's a lot more that I should know. And then you have the FSA. You can get that and whatever they sent me an FSA card I don't even know. I don't understand. Yeah, the card, you know, if you go to like CVS, it's like FSA approved. It's like they take money out of your paycheck pre tax and they put loaded on this hard for you when you can use it for medical things.
Speaker 3: My favorite is after these episodes air, people always text or like tweet us and are like.
Speaker 1: Did you know this? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll know when the opening Roman period and someone's gonna tweet it's.
Speaker 1: Right, and we forgot about everything. See, what are you gonna call this episode? I don't even remember what you're gonna call a beer pong or something.
Speaker 3: Scott plays flip cup. Okay, no, we all played it. Scott goes back to college. Where Scott goes to college? Uh, back to school, we can call it that. I think Scott goes to college now he just seems to be hazed.
Speaker 1: What do you do? We can do something with a paddle. Is that what you do?
Speaker 4: No, they don't do.
Speaker 2: I didn't get hazed at all, and no one believes you when I said that, like, not one thing. I kind of wish like Loki did a little bit to bond with like my class people more.
Speaker 1: But not to be a job. But what's like hazing for sororities.
Speaker 4: Okay, well.
Speaker 2: Story, there was like a cocaine sorority like in Rutgers.
Speaker 1: That's not good.
Speaker 4: That like you had to do coke and stuff.
Speaker 2: And then there was another sorority at Rutgers that like you would sit on a washing machine, like in your brown underwear and if whatever jiggled, they would circle it and be like, lose this.
Speaker 3: I wait, that's kind of no, Scott, that's terrible.
Speaker 4: That's so mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh oh, like okay, I get it, like you're fat, like you know, yeah I wasn't think I wasn't thinking that, and then sorry other things. There's also no guys there, right, it's arity you.
Speaker 2: Can't have technically, you can't have men in Ausrity house at all because then it's considered.
Speaker 4: Like a brothel.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, got it, Like there was never I mean, of course we have people guys there, but yeah, also like they would it would be more like you'd be like someone's bitch, like you would have to wake them up for class like up bottom food. Yeah, but nothing literally, not even kidding, nothing happened to my sorority.
Speaker 1: You don't have to eat grocery.
Speaker 2: No, not for girls. Usually the only thing we to do is like take a test on the history of the sorority, which was fine, and like learn the Greek alphabet.
Speaker 1: Do you remember it?
Speaker 2: Alphabeta, gamma, delta, epsilon, theta fight. I'm messing it up, Papa lambdam you news zi omicron, sigma, tau epsilon, pi kai sy omega. That's so wrong, but the end is right.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: I also can name all the capitals in South America.
Speaker 1: Did you have to learn that too? Or is that for That was for school?
Speaker 2: And I can name all if it's the states, the state's in alphabetic corps.
Speaker 1: It's a song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the kids. I just seen nifty United States.
Speaker 1: I just watched the show I went to. I went to the singing choir chorus thing at school, the band thing, and they sang that song. I didn't even know that was a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that.
Speaker 1: That's great. That's why I learned. Then C Y C L O, P E D I A. What's that encyclopedia? What's an encyclopedia?
Speaker 3: I know that is everybody Scott On that note, thank you for listening to another exciting episode.
Speaker 2: Of Fun it's just going hour.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: Had a fun time.
Speaker 2: Fun.
Speaker 1: You had a fun I.
Speaker 4: Had a fun time.
Speaker 2: Come back beer, Okay, I only get to come on if I bring beer.
Speaker 3: You come back. That's your hazing. You only come that's it, and we'll play flip cup again. I'll not do it in thirty second to school me. Well, no, you schooled me.
Speaker 4: You want me you beat me too?
Speaker 1: Huh wow, I didn't know I had that in me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who knows?
Speaker 3: You would have been like atound at college. I think that we all have hidden talents that we don't know about. My I'm the good beer the kechstands.
Speaker 1: But you you probably have things that you do really well and you will never know ever because you'll never try them. Yeah, because why would you you know? Maybe I can, like, uh, play the flute like a fiend. I don't know, but I've never tried it, so how would I know?
Speaker 4: Growing up?
Speaker 1: Why don't you try? That's what I'm saying. There's so many things in this world to do, and you don't know that you can do them until you try. But there's so many things that you will never try ever.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe you should go out and start trying things.
Speaker 1: There's too many things to try, so many? Okay, right, good?
Speaker 3: Maybe narrow it down, like find something that you want to do, Like, did you ever surf?
Speaker 1: I've I never had because I think that I can't. But what if I'm like, I am fantastic.
Speaker 2: That's my head and talent because I got I won a surfing class from my heart and I went and I was so good. Fine, see, like I literally off the second wave. I was like riding every wave like I'd never fell off.
Speaker 3: Well, aren't you a gymnast?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was a gymnast and a cheerleader, so yes, I like balance.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was always afraid to paddle board. I didn't think I could do it, but I got up on it away and did.
Speaker 2: It with water skiing.
Speaker 1: But I can do it before they got it, they can.
Speaker 2: You got pizza French fry.
Speaker 4: Isn't that normal?
Speaker 2: So you just like normal skiing because you do have a normal skiing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you pizza when they take you up, so this way the water doesn't hit your face, and then you have.
Speaker 2: To figure out how to like slowly open.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's another thing I was able to do that. I didn't think I could a skiing like we went to Park City that trip that we got and I was pretty much a natural. The guy like showed us a couple of things, but then I was great. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: I would love to go skiing again. I've only ever went once. And then Jackie fell down the hill and then my parents were like, we'll never come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we'll probably never go skiing again. After Cooper broke her leg that time. Oh no, she'll never do see, that's the thing. Most things, she's like, I'll get back up and do it again. But skiing, I don't think we'll ever get her on skis again.
Speaker 4: Snowboarding, I've never snowboarded before.
Speaker 3: I want to do that one.
Speaker 2: I feel like I wouldn't like that because you like, you can't separate your feet. I feel like I would want to see.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid to stare board. But maybe I'm good at I don't know you you cant one pretty good at roller skating, so why not skateboarding?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Can we are?
Speaker 1: We're setting the party.
Speaker 2: Up all right?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love roller skating. Skating.
Speaker 3: Sorry till the next time. This is a full hour. You got what you wanted, Scott, It's.
Speaker 1: Not I didn't get what I wanted. I got what the people wanted for them.
Speaker 3: All right, Well until next time, folks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see you know what. We do it so much fun. Do you know what we do at the end? No, come on, can you listen once?
Speaker 4: Alliston? I promise she's.
Speaker 3: Gonna listen to this episode because she's on it this one.
Speaker 1: Uh, until we see you on She's like, what is this ball for? We'll see you on Monday with an all new Serial Killers. Then again next Wednesday for another ball chat.
Speaker 3: Other Scott is gonna has a fun game planned next Wednesday. Yeah, well, let's just say other Scott is.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He likes to call him Newman, but I like to call him other Scott because his name is Scott Newman and he runs our website for us. He's so much for us.
Speaker 3: He's so awesome. We love Scott and he does it at no charge. He's wonderful.
Speaker 1: He's a great listener.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks, pal, you're the best.
Speaker 1: All right, until we see you on Monday, have a great day and a weekend or whatever, and say clink everybody.
Speaker 2: I can review the chat. Oh yeah you're watching. Go subscribe on YouTube.
Speaker 3: We just passed six hundred subscribers, so that's cool.
Speaker 1: Maybe we're it's seven hundred by now.
Speaker 3: Maybe so yeah, Like and subscribe wherever you are and leave us reviews. We like reading reviews.
Speaker 1: And even though this is not serial Killers, please follow us at serial Killers PC. Yes, Andrew likes to confuse people because this is called.
Speaker 3: Okay ready on the category one two three cute? Did you have fun?
Speaker 2: Is that stupid fun? Should we do something different?
Speaker 1: At the end?
Speaker 4: I think it's cute.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're lying cute. People say cute, they don't like it.
Speaker 4: No, it's cutie.
Speaker 1: Oh she's so cute. See that's like, that's what people do.
Speaker 4: It's like cute and penny.
Speaker 1: When people have a baby, a newborn baby, they're like, oh, she's so cute.
Speaker 4: No, baby is cute. It's freshly squeeze there.
Speaker 1: It's funny because my wife and I always said, listen, if our kids are ugly when they're born, we're gonna say it. But they weren't so positive, thinking, oh okay, bye, I forgot we were still talking