Speaker 1: What is up Dolphins and welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield, and on today's show, we are going to welcome in the great Kyle Krabs. He's going to talk about the weekend that is for the Miami Dolphins as well as the Chiefs and Broncos preview, and we'll also talk about the week in college football, not weekend, the week in college football as we break down the three big games today Ohio State and Oregon, Arizona State and Texas and Georgia Notre Dame. I'll also talk about the most annoying points of this season and how the Dolphins were basically within arm's reach of thirteen and three. Stay with me on that one. We'll also take a look at the free agents pending as soon as the game ends on Sunday, provided as the last game of the year from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 2: This is the Draft Time Podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome into the Baptist Hell Studios for another edition of Dolphins HQ Extra as we're breaking down the snaries with Dolphins to find their way into the playoffs for a third consecutive year, what has to happen. Dolphins beat the Jets. On Sunday, the Chiefs beat the Broncos, and that's all it takes to get a nineteenth week for the Miami Dolphins and to help us sort all of this out. He joins us on the Draft Time podcast each week during the NFL season, and now he's here with us on Dolphins HQ Extra Kyle Crabs Kyle, it's a big week in the households of those with little ones. Were you like the Miami Dolphins this week?
Speaker 3: Kyle?
Speaker 4: Did you go want to know over the holiday weekend? My kids definitely went want to know over the weekend for sure. The holidays stretch amidst football season is is zero to one for sleep, but lots of fun experiences. We did Disney on Ice on Friday as an extension of the holidays, so we get the whole work up this past week and it was great.
Speaker 3: The kids had a great thought.
Speaker 1: We are Disney on Ice regulars down here at the Emerald Bank Arena where the Florida Panthers play. We go there quite often for those for those fun little moments for the kids. They dress up in the Encanto costume, the Elsa costume, it is a great time for all all parties involved. But thanks to that win, the Dolphins are in position to win and get a little bit of help to punch their ticket back to the postseason for a third consecutive year, And no matter what happens in Denver, a win would mark the fifth consecutive winning season for the Miami Dolphins. Kyle, before we get into the game, what does finishing seven and two after a two and six start prove for this football team? Regardless of whether enough it's or whether or not it's enough to get back into the dance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there's a lot of pride that can be found in that, and I know everybody is very eager for this franchise to kind of take the next step that everybody feels like they're very capable of doing.
Speaker 3: But to be able to.
Speaker 4: Whether the storm through something like that and come out the other side and still be able to win more games than you've lost, I's that's not nothing. And that's something that I think the Dolphins of kind of that stretch between Coach Shula and Coach Johnson and the early years of Dave Wonstad until kind of recent history, has still been a missing piece of what the annual expectation is for the Dolphins and for them to find a way if they're able to finish this, come all the way back have a winning season. I think there's a lot of pride to be found in that, regardless of what happens, endeavor.
Speaker 1: Something to build off going into twenty twenty five. And again, if they do go down to eight and don't make the playoffs. That's the record where you can look back at several games like there's one play in multiple games that if it just goes the other way, you probably are dancing in January.
Speaker 2: Once again.
Speaker 1: Let's go ahead and get into this game though, and we'll do it twofold here, Kyle, for Dolphins and Jets. Let's preview it from the perspective that you will have to a tongue Iiloa and then it will be Snoop Huntley starting at quarterback for the Miami Dolphins. Le's go ahead and start with Tua. What do you think of this game? If two was back for the Dolphins against the Jets on Sunday.
Speaker 4: So we're doing the Mike McDaniel thing and doing two game plans for the same game. Is that we have to it's okay, uh if to of plays, I know he was pretty Mike Big Daniel was pretty optimistic earlier in the week about Jalen Waddle and his availability as well and getting the whole bevy of compliments of weapons back. I think you would expect to see an efficient passing offense. I think maybe that gives you a little bit more room to have a counter punch with the run game. I think when we're getting too snoop and we talk about what the offense look like against Cleveland, they played the line of scrimmage a little bit tighter than I think the Dolphins have seen a lot of the season where I think that's maybe the biggest difference will not be the execution of Miami's offense, and stylistically too, with how in rhythm he is and how quickly he sees things obviously sets up a lot of plays to be successful right off the jump. But I think maybe that gives you a little bit more run to be room to be a little bit more balanced and be able to run the ball a little bit more effectively. Where a team like the Browns, they got up and took their chances with some one on ones on the outside and Snoop was really opportunistic with those, and but it changed structurally what you saw defensively, and I think that kind of dictated how you had to call a game.
Speaker 1: I thought Tyreek probably saw a lot of those coverages and was happy to see what he got in that game for the first time all year, getting plenty of of you know, one guy to beat type of looks where he's got outside leverage and just run an end breaker with no safety help. He must have he must have felt pretty free in that game getting all that access that he got and some pretty clear defined throws there for Snoop Puntley. So when we played the Jets last time, I was pretty convinced they were gonna play this press coverage and try to reroute the last scrimmage. But they played off and Tua kind of went to work playing the you know the short underneath game and was very efficient in that game and had a big fourth quarter and overtime to get us back in that game. Do you think the Jets will play it similarly depending on who the quarterback is, with how they do their coverage this week. Uh, I wouldn't be surprised if it's more based off off the passer, where if you get if you get to a tongue of a looa, I would expect maybe maybe they do take their chances with their corner and play some more main coverage. Whereas if you get Snoop with his ability to use his legs, maybe you play more zone and maybe it's you know, I think that's the interesting dynamic for the Jets to have to decide how they want to play this game, because, as you alluded to, when the Browns suddenly you got you get a chance to play one on one outside the numbers and Tyreek Hill it's not a coincidence he goes nine for nine on targets and receptions. So I think there's a game that the Jets are going to have to decide how they want to play it defensively based off of who they get and if it gives them the best chance to win, and you get to if the timing is not quite as crisp, if it's Tyler Huntley versus two, it just because that's to his superpower and what he does as a player, do you play more zone and give yourself maybe a chance to break on some more footballs This can player two if it's too you want to disrupt the timing by playing man and then try to get home with the pass rush.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was so encouraged about what we saw in the game on Sunday for multiple reasons. But like you just talked about, it could open up the way defenses play you. And I'm curious what you learned from that game to possibly inform you for your game plan if it is in fact Snoop on Sunday. But also kind of a follow up to that before I even have you answer that question, Kyle, is what did Snoop prove to you not just about his Week eighteen availability and production ability, but about a long term possible solution at the backup quarterback position.
Speaker 4: I think it was a great declaration of himself as hey, when I'm not learning on the fly as we go, this is what it can look like. And it looked much more like what I thought my expectations were for Snoop Pumpley because I scouted him coming out of college, so I knew what kind of player he was, and obviously he had had modest success and good success as a backup quarterback in Baltimore. And I think it's more of a testament to time on task and familiarity and the depth of this offense. And I think Miami did did do some things even when Snoop was out there against Cleveland where getting up to the line of scrimmage a little bit faster. It looked like they went silent count a few times, and maybe not all of the bells and whistles that I think we were hoping for when we found out we were going to have to play some games without two of this season. I think you saw some of that. So I think maybe this was as much Snoop pouring into the Dolphins as the Dolphins pouring into Snoop and kind of meeting each other in the middle. And that's what it kind of felt like for me coming out of this performance. With how they played against Cleveland.
Speaker 1: I think it's impressive when you consider the fact that these two quarterbacks have very different playing styles and they were able to adjust to that here. Like you mentioned on the fly, it wasn't back in you know, September, he just arrived and you can't possibly know the offense at that point. So to see him taking those two months and you know, get value from those two months down where he wasn't playing.
Speaker 2: Was really cool to see. And Kyle, we're going to do an h Q first here.
Speaker 1: We're going to preview a game that does not feature your Miami Dolphins. If the Dolphins take care of business, a simultaneous kickoff from the Chiefs and the Broncos would decide Miami's Week nineteen fate first off, just man, like, you couldn't ask for a better team to need a win from right. The only problem is they've got the one seed locked up, so we'll see who plays for the chief and Chiefs and there's a lot of noise about what their approach will be in this game, and it doesn't sound great from a Dolphins perspective. But I also caution the listeners because you only can elevate two practice squad players per game. You dress forty eight guys on game day, So it's not like they're gonna be calling out their local ups and saying, hey, can you get some drivers down here to play Mike linebacker for us? These are gonna be NFL players out there playing against the Denver Broncos. Am I crazy for thinking this is not a slam dunk win for a Broncos team?
Speaker 2: Off of two straight losses. No, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I think Kansas City's gonna get a chance to get some young guys in the Patrick Mahomes wouldn't expect to se him, would he expect see Travis Kelsey, wouldn't expect see Chris Jones. But the rest this group, Like if you told me that the offensive line at least started the game, I wouldn't be surprised. They can run the ball. Carson Wentz is an experienced player. I know they've got a young quarterback on the practice squad in Chris Olakun who sounds like he may be in play to get some playing.
Speaker 3: Time as well.
Speaker 4: But if you told me that Carson Wentz played well with Andy Reid calling plays, it would not surprise me. And there's Denver. It's got a lot of pressure on them, having lost the last two. They have an extensive postseason drought of their own. And I don't think Dolphins fans need to be reminded anything more about a win and in scenario against backups than twenty twenty Week seventeen, when the Bills put fifty six points on you and you had to win that game to make the playoffs and you got sent home.
Speaker 1: It's possible. It happens. It happens all the time across the league. I think twenty thirteen the Dolphins had to win it into situation against the Jets and it wasn't back ups. But they didn't perform in that game, either in a costume at birth of the or a trip to the playoffs with that loss in that spot as well. But yeah, and then to your point, like the Broncos also, you know, not for nothing, just played a game on last Saturday where they were probably thinking three or four times in that game, all right, we have week eighteen off. We just won this game and it didn't go that way. It's like a possible hangover spot, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And we there's every year things you don't expect happen. Case in point, just last week with the Giants beating the Colts and Drew Locke played like the best EPA per drop back game of the last five years of any quarterback going against the Colts with a team that had the number one pick coming into the game, and you know, knowing the coaching that Kansas City has, knowing that Denver is a young team with a lot of young players that has the pressure.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be very interesting on Sunday.
Speaker 4: I'm I can to see, hear and guaranteed that the Broncos are gonna lose or that the Dolphins are gonna win. But the NFL has to be just over the moon with the drama that they're getting down the stretch because it's exactly what they want for a Week eight team.
Speaker 1: And part of me wonders, like, hey, k c if the Bengals went on Saturday and you kind of montor the Dolphins in Jets game, you might say, hey, we could win this game and we could send the Bengals to Buffalo to knock out the Bills, possibly in the first round of the playoffs.
Speaker 2: You just never know what could happen.
Speaker 1: And also Carson Wentz watching Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield and Gino Smith may be like, hey, I'm that next redemption art quarterback and hopefully it starts this Sunday. That's going to do it for Dolphins. HQ Extra with Kyle Krabbs my guests today the host of the Lockdown Dolphins podcast at Kyle Crabs on social and the NFL or the NFL Draft lead for the thirty third team. We're going to take a quick break, comeback on the other side and talk some college for the Draft Time Podcast, which you can find Kyle there on Wednesday. That's next Draft Time Podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. All right, Kyle, we saw Penn State Boise State last night. There are three games today. I was hoping to just kind of pick your brain here a little bit and be very specific about how I do this. I want to get players from these three games, Arizona State and Texas, Ohio State, Oregon for the Rose Bowl Notre Dame Georgia. I know you've got your big board working here in full in early January as it were. What do you think about guys on your top one hundred board in those games that make sense for the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and give me some college takes here, mcdug.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of different routes that I could choose to go here, including some guys that might not play, but we know that.
Speaker 3: Are going to be in this draft class.
Speaker 4: Where Ohio State offensive tackle Josh Simmons is a transfer from San Diego State and he was recruited as a guard and has played tackle, and he's played on the right side of the plane, and he's played on the left side of the line. And if there's one thing we know about this offensive system and in these coaches, they love some positional versatility along the offensive line. They love guys they could play multiple spots. And you've even seen that with Patrick Paul who came in as a career left tackle and got some cross training and opportunities at right tackle already this season. This a very high ceiling player. He is very, very good in pass protection. He is very athletic. He is coming off of a or he's injured his ACL and missed the second half of the season, which he ironically injured in the first game against Oregon.
Speaker 3: But he's already declared for the draft.
Speaker 4: So that is if you want to go back and watch some tape and get ready for the game or after the game and learn more about what you see and who flashes, find an excuse to watch some Josh Simmons as it pertains to Ohio State. I also really like tylerck Williams. Their their defensive tackle Miami with Khalais Campbell is an expiring contract they had a lot of young guys that were in competition for spots there for them. I think he's another player who's in my top one hundred that, if he told me, is a Day two draft selection, a really good point of attack type of defender. I think he would make a lot of sense for Miami. If I look over at the other side on that game for top one hundred players, my favorite Oregon Duck is Josh Connery, their left tackle.
Speaker 3: I think he's.
Speaker 4: Another guard tackle flex type of player. Miami has some flux on those spots with expiring contracts, and Tron Armstead is obviously a long tenured VET, and Mike McDaniel alluded to just this past week he's gonna have to go through his process this offseason and decide what he wants to do moving forward. But Tess Johnson, who I know, you've texted me a few times about this dude's lighting in the model, and he is very much a Mike McDaniel brand player. When you consider how explosive he is with the ball in his hands, his natural playmaking ability, I think he's a very low hanging fruit type of player. With Miami looking at potentially League Washington and Tyreek Hill and jay Len Wattoll.
Speaker 3: Those guys under contract.
Speaker 4: Obviously, they weren't afraid some undersized players when they drafted two smaller wide receivers in the twenty twenty four draft. But Tes Johnson, if you get to a certain point in the draft and he's there, I think that's a tailor made type of fit for the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I was telling you about like maybe this is the time to get similar size in the receiver's room that I'm like, Hey, Kyle, what about Tes Johnson one hundred and sixty pounds receiver from Oregon. I have a type I certainly do when it comes to that position, and I just love guys that can turn you know, eight yard completions in the touchdowns. Tell me about the safeties in this Notre Dame Georgia game, Kyle, because I like both those guys very very much. I think they might both be first round picks if it wasn't for the position, you know, devaluation of that spot. But tell me about the Notre Dame in Georgia safeties if you can, real quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So Malachi Starks can play all over the place for Georgia. You can play in the nickel, he can play deep half, he could play high post, he could play the second level, and he plays man to man coverage as well and has really good ball skills. He could go back the season opener this year and the season opener of his friend Bishman season. I believe he has two like incredible high point acrobatic catches at the catch point on shots down the field playing man coverage that are really a testament to what he can do when the ball is in the air. But as good as his ball skills are as they do not compare to Xavier Watts from Notre Dame, who is a former wide receiver who converted to play safety, and he won the Negersky for the best defender in college football in twenty twenty three. He's got twelve interceptions in counting over the last two seasons. He tackles, he can run well, but he is more of the traditional free safety playing in the deep half. So there's not a lot of limitations with both of those guys. But as you said, it's just a position that typically has to wait a little bit longer to hear their names called, regardless of the merits and I'll tell you both of those guys for me are our top twenty players on my board right now.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that rank.
Speaker 1: And there was a play in the Indiana game where Xavier Watts came down and like squeezed the edge of the last scrimmage and made this really good tackle on a sea gap run away from him. Like if he can do that and play in the post the way he does, yes, Like to your point, top twenty player all day long, host of the Lockdown Dolphins podcast and Lockdown NFL Scouting podcast with fellow friend of the show Joe Marino. Touchdown Miami substack and the draft lead for the thirty third team at Kyle Krabs on Social Kyle, you have said it all here in the Baptist Hill Studios. Thank you for your time, and enjoy what is a glorious week of football. My friend, you two draws and away he goes one more break right there, come back on the other side. I went through the three games that I felt Miami should have won this year that they did not win this year, and I'll tell you the most annoying moments from those games. I'll also take a look at the pending free agents come the end of the season. That's all next Draft Time podcast your host, Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Autnation.
Speaker 2: So I was contemplating what.
Speaker 1: To do for the show today because we have obviously a holiday that does anybody care about this holiday that listens to the show? I mean, it's like, if it's a day off work, that's great, but we're not like, we're not like watching the ball drop.
Speaker 2: We're not going out and partying, right.
Speaker 1: We all, most of us here, I think, are of a certain age, have a certain level of responsibility at home. I haven't even stayed up to midnight on New Year's Eve in probably four or five years. If I'm being honest and saw us thinking do we not do a show? Do we do a show? You're probably watching college football all day? Maybe I'll bump the Thursday preview back and give this some more time to breathe.
Speaker 2: Either way, I wasn't sure what to do.
Speaker 1: But I'm landed on this decision because I do want to save a lot of the roster construction stuff for later on, because let's be honest, there's a good chance even if the Dolphins win this game Sunday, which I think they will that it will be the last game of the season. And what a horribly, terribly, annoying, terrible season. It was, right, just annoyingly terrible. That's how I view this entire year. This weekend was the one weekend that was like, oh, we got all the breaks we needed and we won a game like it was the first time all year that it was like, Okay, maybe maybe the football gods do acknowledge the Dolphins and our fan base and our struggling and our pain and suffering over the last twenty five years.
Speaker 2: But because of that, I have an idea that spawned.
Speaker 1: From that, and let's do this the most annoying moments that we can point to as the reasons we did not make the playoffs. If we don't make it on Sunday now to go blanket over the top of this, it's funny to say this about a twenty four to three game and a thirty one to twelve game, but if we have TUA in the Seattle and Tennessee game, there's no doubt in my mind those are both wins. You can push back on that, and I actually would be more receptive to that than these next three games.
Speaker 2: I'm going to talk about here.
Speaker 1: Even if there are blowouts, I just think that the way those games played out, the way the score was in the fourth quarter, if we have competent quarterback play, we win both of those games because you did not get that on the other side of the ball, and our defense balled out in both those games until it got ugly late in those contests. Now, had Jalen Polk's toe drag been successful in New England, that would have been up there as an annoying moment as well. But we'd also be playing a pointless game this weekend if you had lost that game, So this whole segment would even exist. But it starts here in week six, and there were a few in the Colts game, ready ten to three up in the third quarter, eleven forty eight to play first down at the minus thirty eight. Raheem Moster loses a fumble in a game that felt like having a touchdown lead was going to be enough enough of a cushion to win that game. We lose a fumble, the Colts cash it in four plays later. They were dead in the water on offense until that short field and it was four plays twenty eight yards that got them in the end zone after that fumble recovery and then after two punts. I had forgotten that he got hurt this early in the game. I thought it was later for some reason. But Tyler Huntley gets hurt, and don't get me wrong, like he was missing everything that day despite PFF giving him like the third best passion grade of the year for the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you're gonna grade games, answer me this. They don't use. They don't use all twenty two to grade the games. How the hell are you great a quarterback when you came to see the freaking safety's in the field?
Speaker 2: I digress.
Speaker 1: We take the ball back with six and a half minutes to play in the game from our own forty five yard line and go Jalen Wright on four consecutive runs and take a or this is in the third quarter, I should say, six and a half minutes in the third quarter on our own forty five four consecutive Jalen Wright runs and then a John hu Smith catch on third and eight from Tim Boyle for twelve yards to give us a first and ten at the thirteen yard line with three h seven to play in the third quarter, and alec Ingold gets a first down carry and loses a fumble. The Colts kick a field goal, go up thirteen to ten. We get it back and drive to the nd thirty six for a third and one with six minutes to play, and this time it's Ingold again, but he's stuffed no yards and then Sanders has made twenty six field goals since this one, but he misses a fifty four yard er indoors go figure that's the one, right, even without Tuo, That's the game that we definitely should have won. There were so many moments a bad operation on the other side. I believe Richardson got benched, if not the next week, the week after that, that's a team that you should have beat, like even with Tyler Huntley. And of course if we had him back here for all of camp, maybe it's a different story. And that goes back to the idea of not taking care of the backup quarterback position. But there was also more to that than you realize, because there's some massaging in terms of how the quarterback room was constructed with QB one and how they want to make sure that he's comfortable, which is a whole other can of worms. But on top of all that, they should have won that football game, no matter if it was Tim Boyle. If we just carry the football and don't lose fumbles, we win that game. But it gets worse next week because we do get our guy back, and we get three hundred and eighty yards of offense and we score twenty seven points and it's a twenty to ten lead. The Dolphins have moved the ball throughout the course of this game. There's six forty eight to play in the third quarter in a ten point ball game. Cardinals have a third and six at their own thirty four yard line. Kyler Murray rolls to his left, which, by the way, he had a career day on this day, like in terms of the wow throws that he made, and watch him against the Rams on Saturday.
Speaker 2: He was butt cheeks, booty cheeks. He's been bad for like eight weeks. Now.
Speaker 1: Of course, we get him on his best peak of the entire year. Twenty to ten, six forty eight third quarter, third and six minus thirty four yard line. Murray rolls to his left, throws it back across his body across the middle of the field, and it is a punt return interception for Jordan Poyer. Just put your hands out the kid in sandlot like freaking Smalls and Benny the Jack Rodriguez is gonna put the ball in your glove. But for some reason he leaves his feet, looks like a malfunctioning transformer trying to go back into a car, and tries to one hand stab this thing while he's like suspended in the air vertically on a ball moving away from him. Drops it and there was nothing but Javon Holland in front of him for a cruise in maybe even a high five on the way pick six fifty yard touchdown that would have made it a twenty seven to ten game with just over twenty minutes to play in the game.
Speaker 2: I think if you get that play, that game goes differently.
Speaker 1: Instead, they punt it back to us, Aaron Brewer rifles a snap past to his head that makes it twenty to twelve.
Speaker 2: And trust me, that was on the center.
Speaker 1: They talked about it on a micd up session and I've heard that and it was agreed upon that it was Aaron Brewer's fault.
Speaker 2: But who gives a crap?
Speaker 1: At this point, the Cardinals go get a touchdown but fail on the two pointers, so you're up twenty twenty to eighteen still, and then the offense does their job and answers with a long touchdown drive to make it twenty seven to eighteen, a nine point game, two score game, and with.
Speaker 2: A two score lead.
Speaker 1: On the first play of the next drive, Kalaias Campbell forces a fumble on Kyler. Murray swats the ball back into his face and it bounces right back to him. And not only does he have to not have to fall on the ball and take a nine yard loss, which is what you would have gotten, he's able to pick it up and throw it away. That game is probably over if we get that fund recovery. At worst, it's second in nineteen, but instead a second and ten, and with twelve minutes to play, Kyler throws a pass that scrapes the roof of hard Rock Stadium on third and four.
Speaker 2: With the free runner on him.
Speaker 1: In one second, Marvin Harrison makes an insane adjustment catch that has to get overturned by the replay officials to move the chains. Two chances to get the ball back to the offense. With a two score lead, they eventually score and make it twenty seven twenty five. We drive into plus territory after a nails throw on third and twelve from TWOA to John new Smith with six fifty one to go, but then we run for no game, a one yard pass that doesn't go anywhere obviously one yard, and then a screenplay that gets blown up and we punt the ball back to the eleven yard line.
Speaker 2: Five minutes left. They need just a field goal.
Speaker 1: They overcome first and twenty because cam Smith cannot find the football. We get a third and four in field goal range. We have two timeouts left with a minute forty to play, so plenty of time for this offense to go march forty yards and kick a game winning field goal, but Jordan Poyer misses another tackle and they convert and kill the clock and win the game. Buffalo next game up ten to six with the ball in Bill's territory and Raheem Moster in the second half fumbles back to the Buffalo Bills. They take it down the field and score and missed the pat so it's twelve to ten. We kick a field goal to make it thirteen to twelve. In the third quarter, Buffalo scores and gets their two point conversion goes up twenty to thirteen.
Speaker 2: We score to tie it.
Speaker 1: They score twenty seven twenty, We tie it again twenty seven all. Then we have them and third and fourteen with under two minutes to play. Chops first career sack puts them back behind the sticks. We have two timeouts left, and he jumps off sides and makes it third and nine. Still a good opportunity to get off field. We get pressure. Allan throws a prayer that's well covered by Campsmith.
Speaker 2: This time.
Speaker 1: We defend it well, but Jordan Poyer, for no reason at all, launches his body into the head of Keon Coleman draws the flag. If that play goes incomplete, the Bills are punting from their own thirty one. We have two timeouts and an offense that has scored seventeen points in the last three drives, with a minute forty to play in the game. Oh and then they kick a sixty one yard field goal with five seconds left. If he misses that and there's five seconds in the clock, we have a chance to throw quick, call a timeout and try a sixty yard or maybe even less of our own.
Speaker 2: But it's good and we lose.
Speaker 1: So like Look, I'm not saying we're as good as the Vikings or teams of that ILK by any stretch of the imagination. I think the Dolphins would be lucky as hell to have gotten all those breaks, because that's how this league goes. But this is a team that has won. The Vikings are a team that won nine of their ten to one score games this year. And if you just make one play in each of those games, and again if two wises up and he has to take blame for the play style that has put him in this position once again down the stretch. I mean, we're literally talking about a very realistic scenario where this team is ten to one going into Green Bay.
Speaker 2: You'll lose that.
Speaker 1: In the Houston game, you beat San Francisco and Cleveland, you're thirteen to three. Like, Travis, you are crazy, right, because that's how this league works. Again, you are what your record says you are. But I'm telling you, like, those are all moments that.
Speaker 2: You just fed up. If you just didn't f up, you could have won those games.
Speaker 1: If tu A doesen't f up against the Bills, you could have beaten Seattle in Tennessee. That's all it takes to go from thirteen to three to eight and eight.
Speaker 2: That's all it is. That's how this league works.
Speaker 1: And then the last point I'll make here, and I still continue to see this and I don't know how the hell we're on this still, but you cannot blame the offensive line for two injuries because it's been scrambles after the fact every single time he's gotten hurt. So stop with that nonsense. I want to finish with this one last thing. I was thinking about not doing this. Do I do a full segment and break it down. I'm just gonna do it rapid fire, and we'll break it down on the show next week. There are a lot of free agents the Dolphins have going into twenty twenty five offseason, which could be as soon as three days away, right, four days away. So I'm just gonna list them and tell you what I would do, and we'll explain it next week.
Speaker 2: Sound good.
Speaker 1: So here's the free agents that I am bringing back. And most these guys are going to be one maybe two year deals. Tyrel Dodson, Leam Mikenberg. I'm not gonna explain it, right. I just like his firsatility across every position. He is my like seventh or eighth offensive lineman. I feel like that one requires explanation for you guys, because I understand why you wouldn't want him back. Kalaias Campbell, if he's willing, please come back. But Nito Jones, Isaiah Winn for more depth purposes, Elijah Campbell, DeShawn Hand, Tyler Huntley, Tyas Bowser, d s. Gridge, Quentin Bell, Keon Smith remember him he went down in training camp, Cam Good, cater Coo who's a big one for me, probably the biggest one on this entire list, Grant Dubo's and Cam Brown who also got hurt back in training camp, My Walk and or retires, Emmanuel Ogbaugh, Duke Riley, Kendall Lamb because of retirement, Javon Holland, Big Time, Braxon Burrios, Rob Jones, Saran Neil, Jeff Wilson, Anthony Walker, River Cracraft strictly because of the injuries, the long Snamperm McQuaid, Matthew Dickerson, Jack Stole, Jackson, Carmen, Anthony Schwartz, and Eric Azukama. I'm gonna go in depth on the thinking on all of that next week. In the meantime, you guys enjoy college football, will come back tomorrow and preview this Dolphins and Jets game. You all please be sure to subscribe to the podcast, leave us a rating, leave us a review. You can follow me on social at Wingfold NFL and the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the fish Tank podcast with my guys Seth and Juice. Check out the YouTube channel for Dolphins HQ. We're gonna have Kyle on that episode as well tomorrow. Also YouTube media availabilities on the YouTube channel and last button, not least Miami Dolphins dot com.
Speaker 2: Until next time, Bin's up, get on and Cameron Daddy just come home.