Speaker 1: It's broken Jeffrey in the morning. This is technical director Ashton coming at you with another classic second date update. And just for all of you ladies out there, if you like this second date, you like what the guy did on the second date, give me a call.
Speaker 2: Most of the time, if you go to a business for some help and they provide horrible service, completely let you down and leave you off worse than when you came in, that would be the end of it.
Speaker 3: You would never go back again. Totally.
Speaker 4: You go for help, right, not the other way.
Speaker 2: That's why we were so surprised after we totally botched a second date for a guy a few months ago, and he's asking us for another one today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are free. So maybe that's why he's still here at this point.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if he's just trolling us or if he really really enjoys the punishment. But his name is Brian, and we're going to hear about his holidate that he had at a Christmas tree bar.
Speaker 3: And the other day.
Speaker 2: And we promised to give at least thirty percent effort. Well Brook twenty two percent. Okay, you don't want to stretch ourselves to it too far.
Speaker 5: Again, it's pretty tired right now during the holiday, Okay, can I just seventeen Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna muster whatever little strength that we have left. Yeah, let's do this in your second date update that's coming up.
Speaker 3: Next second date updated today.
Speaker 2: We actually have a repeat customer for a second date update.
Speaker 5: Oh way, okay, So I just don't think things are going very.
Speaker 3: Well for that.
Speaker 2: Then, well, he called in about five months ago, okay, when he got side eyed during sushi by another woman that he ghosted.
Speaker 3: You remember that, we do well.
Speaker 2: I guess we couldn't get him another date there, But apparently there's a new lady who's caught his attention and he wants our help again. So we're welcoming back, Brian, Brian, welcome back, man.
Speaker 3: You must really have faith in us. For some reason, we couldn't even.
Speaker 6: Y I'm believe I'm believing you.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a second jam.
Speaker 7: I feel like we cursed your love life and you're just stuck with us now.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm trying other morning shows, but you're the only ones that like me.
Speaker 6: Actually I emailed all of them, but ye're the only ones that responded.
Speaker 8: Chems out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be a very low standard too, So welcome back and get email.
Speaker 3: Tell us about the girl that you met this time. What's her name?
Speaker 6: All right? So her name is Aubrey. I saw a picture on my coworkers and Instagram. She was tagged in it. Oh you know, I got it to detective mode and click hit the tag and went on her page. And I love them.
Speaker 2: When girls tag their friends, because some girls will have a really hot friend, but they won't tag them.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, how am I supposed to creep on your friend?
Speaker 4: Okay, so remind me not to tag my friends.
Speaker 3: So that's not okay.
Speaker 2: From a woman's perspective, is it cool if a guy reaches out to you?
Speaker 7: I mean, it depends on how hot he is, right.
Speaker 3: That's always the answer, Brian.
Speaker 2: I know you're super handsome, so you're safe. What did Aubrey say when you reached out?
Speaker 6: Well, that's live in a DM. She didn't seem to be attached to anyone, and uh, I found out this is going to be her first Christmas alone because she's actually moved and she's going to be away from her family.
Speaker 4: Oh that's too bad.
Speaker 3: She used to be alone like me?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Was she sad? About that or was she happy about it?
Speaker 6: She was a little distraught.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, okay, okay, So you you're like, this is my moment.
Speaker 7: I'm going to do something holiday for her. Is that what you're thinking?
Speaker 6: Of course, I offered to take it to a Christmas tree farm to get her a tree.
Speaker 9: Oh so at.
Speaker 6: Least she had a season to be jolly stale with a tree in the house.
Speaker 5: And I feel like like you can be vouched for right, Like it's not just some rando coming into her dms like it's her coworker's friend.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, how did the Christmas tree farm go?
Speaker 6: It was great? It was great. So what we did? We wore our silly Christmas weather oh nice, and I bore Mic said, jingle and single. I want to do this now, he said, sat in his favorite Ho nice. I know it's going to be an awesome time. So I bought a little bit of those uh you know those small bottles they have on the airplane of alcohol. Yeah, yeah, I've bought a couple of those. I bought like four or five whiskey bottles, and it loosen both of ourselves. We had such a great time.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean that's a really cute day.
Speaker 4: I mean it was a highlight of it all for you.
Speaker 6: Well, she's playing on the tree that she loved, loved, love, So I offered to buy it for and then I saw the price tag and was like, whoa, oh.
Speaker 4: My god, we just got one this weekend. It was eighty five bucks.
Speaker 6: It was like the three figures. It was pretty hard.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Like five foot tall.
Speaker 7: Like if you're thinking eight feet or something.
Speaker 3: That's not a good look.
Speaker 2: When you offered to pay for something, you're like going back on it after Actually, like.
Speaker 7: He just he just sawn a foot off the top.
Speaker 6: What is funny? Because she saw the look on my face when I saw that price tag and she was like, all right, we're definitely splitting man.
Speaker 9: And I was like, yeah, we are, all right.
Speaker 3: It's actually really nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, but was that the end of the date. You bought her the Christmas tree and that was it?
Speaker 6: No, No, we got that bad fella to the top of the car, drove it to her place and set it up.
Speaker 4: Oh cute. I like, okay, good luck, you just did you with the tree. But it's like you like fully invested.
Speaker 5: This is hours of a date and and I also feel like it's like a personal thing to like set up a Christmas tree with it's your tree.
Speaker 6: Well, we put it up together, but I wanted to stay and decorated, but she said she had dinner plans and she in the date like and I'm like, okay, cool. She may have had pre existant plans, but I've been texting and calling and nothing.
Speaker 7: Didn't decorate the tree.
Speaker 3: Maybe she didn't want that commitment with you.
Speaker 2: Do you think that she was telling the truth. Do you think that she really had plans or you think that was a lie to get out of it.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I felt like the girl at the sushi restaurant and I was hoping you guys can.
Speaker 9: Help me, all right?
Speaker 2: And there was no women like side eyeing you at the Christmas tree farm from like behind another tree. We're not going to do the same call again, are we?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: No side?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, thank god, let's play a song.
Speaker 2: We'll come back. We'll call Aubrey for you. We'll try to get your second ad up date.
Speaker 6: Okay, hey, can you play you all almost Christmas question?
Speaker 3: No, we deleted that out of You'll hear what you hear and you're gonna like it.
Speaker 6: Come to the ghetto, Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 3: You can wrap that.
Speaker 2: To yourself while you're on hold, and then we'll come back with your second adup date.
Speaker 6: All right, Diamond close, let's do it next.
Speaker 3: Second date update.
Speaker 2: Has the Hallmark Channel already done the twelve dms of Christmas?
Speaker 7: No, but I like it.
Speaker 2: I mean they should, Yeah, they should because one of our listeners, Brian, met a woman on Instagram recently took her to a Christmas tree farm because this is going to be her first holiday spent away from her family.
Speaker 7: Oh it's so sweet, it's like thoughtful, it's fun.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, but there was an embarrassing moment where he offered to pay for the tree for her and then saw the price tag, so I had to dial it back and instead just went Dutch. Anyway, ever since that happened, he's had a hard time getting a hold of her.
Speaker 3: Now he's asking us for a little bit of help.
Speaker 5: Yes, do you think it's that? Do you think it's the you didn't pay for the full tree?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I hope I didn't come off looking like a cheap skate.
Speaker 9: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Fake tree off Amazon, and.
Speaker 5: I mean sheeps Kate is something we can fix though, Yeah, yeah, true. You know, well we're paying for the meal.
Speaker 6: So I think, yeah to a nice spot.
Speaker 2: We got you covered, Brian. But let's see what Aubrey has to say. We're going to dial her number right now. Let's do it all right, here we go, hellos of Aubrey.
Speaker 3: Yes it is Aubrey.
Speaker 2: Did you buy a Christmas tree recently? I'm calling from the tree farm. We found out that there's a problem with your tree.
Speaker 3: We need it back. Please, what.
Speaker 4: Endangered? That's why?
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry, I'm just kidding Aubrey. My name is jeff from the radio show Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. M Okay, you know we're doing something on our show called a second date.
Speaker 3: Have you ever heard of that before?
Speaker 6: No? I have not.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, recently you went out with one of our listeners and he's been trying to get a hold of you. Just have a little bit of trouble doing it. His name is Brian.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 7: Does that whole Christmas tree thing at the beginning make sense now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Uh sure.
Speaker 2: Well, what we're doing here is we're trying to help Brian figure out why you're kind of ghosting him after your date.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, that would be because I'm not interested in talking to him again.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Oh that strong.
Speaker 4: Really he sounded so thoughtful.
Speaker 5: I mean he said that he took you to the tree farm because you were kind of sad about not having the you know, family for the holidays and stuff.
Speaker 3: Is it because he's poor?
Speaker 8: I'm not really sure what all he told you about the date?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well he told us that you went to a Christmas tree farm together.
Speaker 3: He got you a tree, offered to buy it.
Speaker 2: In full, but then saw the price tag and you ended up having to go Dutch instead.
Speaker 7: Well she offered you offered to go Dutch, he.
Speaker 8: Said, yeah I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, you did do that.
Speaker 2: And then afterwards he drove the tree back to your place and put it up for you, but you had to go to dinner and couldn't stay longer and decorate it with him.
Speaker 3: Saw that right?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 8: Well technically yeah, but I think he left something out of the story.
Speaker 4: Oh no, what did he do?
Speaker 7: What did he leave out?
Speaker 8: So after we loaded the tree onto the car, we were getting ready to go, and I put my hands in my pockets to make sure it had my gloves and I only had one, So I just said, I'm going to go back and look for my gloves. You know where we were, So he stayed at the car. I walked back over to where we were looking at trees, and I see this little boy standing there, maybe six years old, crying, and he has my glove in his hands. And I'm like, oh my gosh, what is wrong? Like, are you okay?
Speaker 11: What happened?
Speaker 10: And so he looks at.
Speaker 8: Me and points at me and he says that lady and her boyfriend took my tree. And I was like, oh no, what what?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 5: Like he just liked that one out in the lot and then he saw you guys cutting it down instead of him or something.
Speaker 8: Well, so his dad said, well, my son told me that he was standing by a Christmas tree. It was the one that we had picked out, and I was going to get this people to get the tree, and you guys came and took it, even though he was standing there.
Speaker 5: And I was like, oh my god, did you not notice a little boy crying next to the tree down?
Speaker 8: I didn't see any little boy.
Speaker 3: Oh so you're calling the little boy a liar?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, But I wasn't the one cutting the tree down. Like once we decided on it, I left and went to look at like reefs and stuff that were for sale, and he was the one sawing the tree down.
Speaker 5: So you're saying, you think that this little boy isn't mistaken. You're believing the six year old that your date went and cut down the little boy's tree after you left.
Speaker 8: I'm not saying that he did it on purpose, but I am telling Brian this, and I'm like, there's this little boy and he's crying and he says this was his Christmas tree. And Brian was like, I'm seeing a little boy like too bad news.
Speaker 7: You lose.
Speaker 8: I mean, I mean, it's just a freaking tree. I didn't care if it was that was the one we got or not. He was like, I'm not doing that. I'm not taking this thing off the car. Wait been twenty minutes. Good this thing?
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: It's like you guys are in a real relationship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, like they're fighting at the end of the Christmas.
Speaker 3: Tree six year old okay.
Speaker 2: And so the fact that he wouldn't give the tree back to the little boy and his family, that's why you're turned off by Brian.
Speaker 7: Yes, I could see that.
Speaker 8: How heartless can you be? I mean, a six year old is rying in the middle of.
Speaker 3: He's like, shut up, I'm trying to cut this tree down.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe it's just a misunderstanding and there's some miscommunication here, and the perfect way to sort this out is just by putting you on the phone with Brian, who's actually already on the phone.
Speaker 6: I've been the entire time. Yeah, oh my gosh, what a huge miscommunication.
Speaker 4: Okay, do you hear that?
Speaker 6: Well, how did I cut one? I didn't cut down the little boy's tree because he didn't.
Speaker 9: Pay for it.
Speaker 6: Oh wha, Well, hold on, technically, you cannot cut down the tree until you purchase it. I had the receipt in hand when I cut down the tree. But the boy was looking at the tree but it was not his tree.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you did see the little boy though, crying next to it while you were sawing it down.
Speaker 6: There were kids standing next to every tree, So does that mean that fair tree too?
Speaker 3: Crying kids all over this tree?
Speaker 6: Far?
Speaker 3: How am I supposed to know?
Speaker 5: I mean that, Yeah, but you can see where she's coming from, right, Like she just was confronted by a crying little boy and the father, and then hold.
Speaker 9: On the father.
Speaker 6: The father wasn't all that confrontational the bother the kind of relief that I saved.
Speaker 9: Him from buying such an expensive tree.
Speaker 8: Is that the way that you're getting, Aubrey, I think missing the point here. There's a six strove little boy crying at Christmas time, Like I don't freaking care if you didn't see him, or I was more concerned.
Speaker 6: His father can do something to stop him from crying.
Speaker 2: Oh, parent, He's raised an entitled child who believes that he deserves the tree.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm kind of with him on that point, Like my kids wanted a bigger, more expensive tree at the tree lot and we're like, no, that's not happening.
Speaker 4: Your kids crying, don't cry about it.
Speaker 6: I think that's what happened. I think his father probably told him no to that tree because of the price tag on it, and he's just he was playing. He was playing that kid making us look like the bad guy, so he didn't look like.
Speaker 8: Here is that we had an opportunity to do something really kind for a child at Christmas time, you chose not to do it, and you were making the owner.
Speaker 6: We were on a date this does not make a wish.
Speaker 8: You're not making it. You're not making it any better.
Speaker 4: Bat goes into your house.
Speaker 12: You know, you know what, a Aubrey, here's a chance for you to take your own advice.
Speaker 3: Here there is a sad boy on the other line.
Speaker 2: He cannot get another date with a woman that he really liked, and all he wants for Christmas is on more date and we will pay for it. Are you gonna be a good person here, Aubrey, A you're gonna be a grinch?
Speaker 8: May Oh my gosh, are you scarious?
Speaker 3: I know when you frame it like that, it's hard to say no.
Speaker 5: I mean, I will say, Brian really does like you. He was trying to do something kind. Maybe he's got a little more sterner approach to children than you do.
Speaker 3: Focused on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that boy probably isn't a very good kid anyway.
Speaker 6: I could have stolen your glove.
Speaker 2: All we know he was holding onto your glove. You should really rub it in that kid's face by going out with Brian again one more time on our bill.
Speaker 8: It's going to be a hard pass.
Speaker 7: No Christmas miracle.
Speaker 2: Now, there's a whole studio full of sad radios who were just upset because we couldn't get our listener another date again.
Speaker 3: Good job, Abbrey.
Speaker 8: I think there's a pattern here. It's not me, it's Brian.
Speaker 6: Last Christmas, I gave you, you gave it away.
Speaker 3: Okay, Brian's been drinking almost.
Speaker 6: I need a brink now.
Speaker 10: It's Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Ever since we did that call, Brooke has still been saying that she doesn't care that the kid was crying.
Speaker 3: She kind of thinks that he deserves it.
Speaker 7: I kid's cry all the time, Jeffrey, does it count well?
Speaker 5: I mean, if we did everything based on what would upset a child, no one would do anything in this world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the world would be a better place like that. Just don't do anything at all.
Speaker 7: He can get a different tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the.
Speaker 4: Top of the car. I wouldn't take it down either.
Speaker 3: Let him take your car home.
Speaker 2: Then that would have been in the true spirit of generous jeff You know. But of course, with people like Brooke on the show, we're unable to get a second date.
Speaker 3: Update for our friend Brian.
Speaker 4: I tried for Brian.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we're now oh for two with Brian. Yeah. I wonder if he'll call back for a third time. Who knows.
Speaker 7: Remember at the beginning of all this, he was the one ghosting woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but she's called Christmas Karme.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there it is.
Speaker 2: But you know what, if you're like Brian, you need help reaching out to someone after a date, email us. We'll call the person who isn't calling you back.
Speaker 5: We're obviously very good at it.
Speaker 10: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I know how awkward it can be dating somebody in your own office, but you know, especially around the holidays. Oh, just the other day, there was mistletoe hanging from one of Alexis's fake eyelashes.
Speaker 7: Oh that's what that was.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if she realized it was there. Yeah, everybody right, sure noticed it.
Speaker 4: How did you get how did you get sound?
Speaker 7: Is that happening?
Speaker 13: There's also a microphone stuck in her fake eyelash to It's super awkward that our co hosts and our an item, But just imagine if you went out with someone at your work and after the hangout, multiple people are now avoiding.
Speaker 7: You, avoiding you.
Speaker 2: That's what happened to one of our listeners, and we're about to find out why and see if we can get her another shot in a holiday edition of Second Date updates.
Speaker 7: I was going to say, at least get her Alexis's lash lady.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some help for her. That's coming up next Second Date update.
Speaker 2: The holidays are a time for family, forgiving, for playing your favorite Christmas songs on repeat with rapper Little John in the background.
Speaker 4: I missed that night.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nothing says the Holidays for me like an Atlanta rapper putting on another Yule log.
Speaker 5: Why are you bringing Little John and how he spends his holidays.
Speaker 2: I'm saying the holidays they're different for everybody. I said, the holidays are different for everyone, Little John, They're different for everyone.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it?
Speaker 7: This whole time, you just had hearing problems.
Speaker 2: Yes, and yeah, we've got a listener on the phone for a very special holiday edition of a Second Date Update. Her name is Para, So Parah, welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Oh what.
Speaker 3: Parah? What's up?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 11: Good morning, Happy holidays?
Speaker 6: Parah?
Speaker 11: Hey? Thanks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So tell us about why you emailed us for a Second Date update.
Speaker 3: Who'd you meet?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 11: So I met this guy. His name is Bryce. We work in the same build, but we hadn't officially been introduced. I guess like we knew who each other were, but we were at a celebration for the holidays. It was a work party.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay, that's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, perfect opportunity.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so he approached me, and it's kind of weird that he told me that he heard about me from Janna. She's another girl we work with, but I don't really know her very well either.
Speaker 3: Someone's playing matchmaker.
Speaker 2: Company always tries to do that with our other workers.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, I think it helps that he was very attractive. Otherwise I'm not sure I would be too happy that Jana was talking about me to the strangers.
Speaker 2: Just like, don't hook me up with Yeah, okay, so how did that go?
Speaker 3: You and Bryce hit it off? Yeah, we did.
Speaker 11: So he invited me to go Christmas shopping with him.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I've never been asked out that way before, so I thought, you know, it would be kind of cool to get to know each other. And so it's not so like formal, but we were there for like five hours.
Speaker 3: Okay, that sounds like a nightmare.
Speaker 5: He didn't say, like, I really got to find something for my wife, right, who were you shopping for?
Speaker 11: I guess it was just shopping for like his family and stuff like that. We did look at some really cute, like sexy outfits, but he had me put him up to me, and you know, he complimented me and was being really flirtatious.
Speaker 4: Did he buy you any of them?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 11: It was our first date, so I think he was just trying to be flirty and cute and just kind of hit the touch barrier and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I'm picturing lingerie. Is anyone else or is it like just a cute dress?
Speaker 3: Is a robe considered lingerie in your house? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean it's got to be tiny, it's going to be consider lingerie and sexy. Otherwise it's like, oh, you look hot in this very large charry.
Speaker 3: Which one was it?
Speaker 11: You know, we looked at many different things. It wasn't just like one specific type of outfit or anything like that. We were there for many hours and he had.
Speaker 7: The stamina for that. I swear to god.
Speaker 5: I go to the store with my husband and twenty minutes in, yeah, he dish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you guys at least go get food somewhere?
Speaker 10: We did.
Speaker 11: We ate at the food Core about halfway through, just kind of talked about work and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: This is like a nineteen ninety six date all over again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hitting up the orange Julia suit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: I mean, it sounds like you had time I did.
Speaker 11: You know, we spent some time kind of making fun of people, and just like it was nice to see somebody who wasn't so uptight like all the other guys I've dated.
Speaker 4: Exactly when you're sitting in the food court eating. It's a valid point.
Speaker 2: But it sounds like you guys really bonded and had a good time together. How did you leave things at the mall?
Speaker 11: Well, at the end, you know, we just kind of hugged. And then he said something that was kind of weird. He said he was going to circle back with Jana and thank her for introducing us officially. I guess was it.
Speaker 5: Supposed to be a joke because it comes off so businesslike, I'm going to circle back with Janna.
Speaker 11: I thought it was kind of weird. He hasn't really reached out to me since then, so I tried to reach out to Janna and ask her, you know, how she thought it went. But she's avoiding me too.
Speaker 4: Avoiding you.
Speaker 3: Maybe a sexy robe was for Jana?
Speaker 11: Oh that would be really weird. She's like super old.
Speaker 2: It's weird that he's avoiding you, but also Jana is avoiding you something is clearly up here.
Speaker 3: Doesn't want to tell you something, and that the.
Speaker 7: Old ladies playing matchmaker in the office.
Speaker 12: That makes sense because you do just okay, she loves all.
Speaker 4: Right, bick one, get.
Speaker 6: All.
Speaker 3: We're gonna play a song.
Speaker 2: We're gonna come back, and we're gonna call Bryce for you, and we're gonna ask him if he wants another date with you, Little John?
Speaker 3: Are you cool with Little John?
Speaker 2: John? Board didn't realize he was listening your Second Date Update right after this.
Speaker 13: Yeah, hold on, Second Date Update.
Speaker 2: We're in the middle of a holiday edition of a Second Date Update.
Speaker 7: Oh, this song makes it sound so sweet.
Speaker 2: It is sweet because we're on the phone with one of our listeners Para, which, honestly, it's an interesting name. I don't think i've ever heard that before. Is that short for something para?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's actually short for parasol.
Speaker 5: Parasol, Oh, like the umbrella?
Speaker 11: Like the umbrella? Yeah, exactly. So my parents met in Paris under an umbrella, and so that's where my name came from.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're named after an international umbrella. I mean Brooks named after a dirty riverfield would runoff from meth Labs in Idaho.
Speaker 3: So you guys been bond after the show is done.
Speaker 12: About There to Go Creek, but with Brooks dead, it's very romantic.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the reason Paras reached out to us is because she went out with a guy named Bryce. The two of them went holiday shopping together after they were kind of set up by one of their coworkers.
Speaker 7: Has it been so awkward at work since he's been avoiding you?
Speaker 11: Luckily we work in different departments, we don't really cross paths, but every once in a while I'd like to be able to walk by and say hi without it being weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, let's start by saying hi over the phone, because we're going to call him right now and we'll see what he hasks to say. Maybe there's a logical reason why he's not calling you back. Yeah, all right, come on, it's the spirit of the holidays.
Speaker 4: It's all about hope, right Christmas Magi?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Good, with the benefit of the Now, I guess here we go.
Speaker 3: I'm going to die Brice's number. Let's do this. Hello, Hey, is this Bryce?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And my name is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Okay, Merry Christmas or Happy Honkah or Kwanza.
Speaker 9: Merry Christmas is fine. I always tell people that's a safe assumption most people celebrate Christmas. But yeah, merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: Okay. Well, I don't personally I want to be there. No, I'm glad.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that you're a big fan of the holidays and holidays. Yeah, we heard that you went holiday shopping recently, actually with one of our listeners.
Speaker 9: This is why you called me, just to talk about holiday shopping.
Speaker 7: Have you even dip it into the egg dog?
Speaker 14: Not wrong with that, No, it's just kind of strange and I don't really you know, I don't know why I got a call from a radio station.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a segment that we do called a second Date Update, and we're trying to see if you would like to hang out with Para again after you guys went shopping together.
Speaker 14: Wait Para, yeah from your Yeah, I know, I don't really see any reason to hang out with her again. I mean, I got all my my Christmas shopping done.
Speaker 9: I mean that was cool. She was really helpful.
Speaker 3: What what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: She said, you guys met at the company holiday party.
Speaker 3: Your coworking, right?
Speaker 6: We did?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 9: We we met in our company. Uh, co worker, Jana, I'll put us together. You know. I was complaining to her that I really couldn't figure out what I wanted to get from my girlfriend for Christmas? And so did you just use what do you mean?
Speaker 11: Wait?
Speaker 9: I was. I went, I needed to do a shopping for my girlfriend, and Janna, you have a girlfriend. Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't think Para.
Speaker 4: Did you tell Para that?
Speaker 7: Like, why are you being so nonchalant about it?
Speaker 9: I don't understand the I really don't get it. Janet told me that they did a secret Santa thing for the last couple of years and Para gave the best stuff. And then you know, I had good tips on what to buy.
Speaker 5: So so you use her for five hours on no pay as a personal shopper.
Speaker 9: Oh no, don't get me wrong. You know I actually gave some money to Janna that I answered it to give the parrot. Either she didn't ask or anything. You know, I just said I appreciate it, so I would hope she would pass it on. That's all, okay, there, did Jenna not give it to her? I'm so confused.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people are confused.
Speaker 2: Probably most of all is Para, who's been listening on the other line this entire time and wants to.
Speaker 3: Talk to you.
Speaker 11: I don't even know what to say, I am.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's.
Speaker 7: Funny, but.
Speaker 3: So Bryce, par has been there the whole time.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so of course you have a girlfriend.
Speaker 9: Why do you think we were shopping for bathrobe? I even said to you, do you think Helen would like these?
Speaker 4: You know, why are you laughing?
Speaker 11: First off, Helen is an old lady name, so I definitely thought we were shopping for like your grandma or your aunt or something.
Speaker 9: Her name is a name, Okay, I mean she she Yes, she is a little bit older, but that doesn't matter. I mean my girlfriend is is. She's wonderful. She's a wonderful woman.
Speaker 11: Okay, So you use me to help you shop for your girlfriend. I mean you just led me.
Speaker 8: On and used me.
Speaker 2: Well hold on, because he said that he gave money to Jana to forward to you.
Speaker 11: Well, that money never got to me, and it was obviously not clear that you're using me as a personal shopper.
Speaker 5: That's why Jana is avoiding you because she stole your money. It has nothing to Oh my god, I'm sorry.
Speaker 11: That's sketchy, because Brice, why would you pay Jana to pay me if that's really what this was. Why didn't you give me the money and explain that that's what you wanted me to do.
Speaker 9: You work on a different flour than me. I never really saw you that much until the party, and then Jana recommended that I take you shopping, and so look, nobody asked me for money anyway. I thought it was just a nice thing to do, so I gave Jana fifty bucks to pass on to you.
Speaker 5: Why aren't you apologizing for the miscommunication? Though, like I would feel terrible.
Speaker 3: You apologizing for it.
Speaker 7: He because he was never clear was what his intention was.
Speaker 5: I mean, yes, I think that there was a lot of mistakes throughout this whole thing, But I mean she's embarrassed. Parah is embarrassed. She thought that there was something else and that and that sucks.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I will say that, Para. I like, this is a weird situation, and I don't you know, I think we all got a look confused. I knew you were single. All right, you kind of made that clear when we were shopping, and now I guess look him back. I don't understand why talking about being single, but I didn't you.
Speaker 11: Even have a girlfriend. If you can't go shopping for her on your own, you know that you paid somebody to go find her gift for her.
Speaker 9: So I hired a personal shopper. I mean, in my mind that's what I was doing. I hired a personal shopper. I don't think she would be upset by that.
Speaker 7: I think that helps the case.
Speaker 4: You didn't have a personal shopper.
Speaker 6: She thought.
Speaker 3: At least that was his intention.
Speaker 9: Janna is a scandalous.
Speaker 6: One and all.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Jana, I totally took advantage of the situation to try to get some work for free.
Speaker 3: He paid her fifty bucks.
Speaker 11: That was just a booking fee to pay Janna to find someone to shop for you. So I think you saw me like a hundred bucks for my time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a booking fee. I agree with that.
Speaker 7: I mean, if you're going to be a pip, you better get your rates right.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, you know, I think I only spent like forty dollars on the bathrobe. I mean it's really good.
Speaker 3: Well, shopper.
Speaker 2: That was the other part that was a little bit confusing. She felt like you were being flirty with her.
Speaker 9: I was being flattering time. She's dropping hints about being single, but she was on a date. I don't need your pity.
Speaker 2: The compliments, though, do get misconstrued during the holidays, like when I sat on Santa's lap and he's like, you look like a good little boy. Yeah, I mean, I didn't take that one the wrong way.
Speaker 3: Say thanks, daddy. Well, that one was on me.
Speaker 2: I'm curious, though, Bryce, how long have you been in a relationship with this girlfriend Helen.
Speaker 9: We just started dating a few weeks ago, so I don't really know her well enough.
Speaker 2: I want to help you already shopping for her, So it's a newer relationship.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't want to be alone during the holidays.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you sound like a catch when you say.
Speaker 2: Maybe you guys don't have to be alone for the holidays if you meet up one more time and we'll pay for that meetup.
Speaker 11: Oh oh no, if you're talking about us, no chance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go, Para.
Speaker 9: I don't know. I don't know, Parah. I mean, I could use a new suit for New Year's Eve.
Speaker 11: I'll help you shop as long as you're very clear that's what it is I'm going to be doing.
Speaker 3: Hey see, we're helping.
Speaker 9: I was thinking about getting some sexy lingerie for Helen.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you, dirty old man.
Speaker 10: Broke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm trying to look at the positives of that phone call, and I think, on the bright side, at least everybody came away from that with something valuable.
Speaker 4: Is there a side to that one?
Speaker 10: You think?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 2: Well, Bryce was able to get his holiday shopping done, his girlfriend got a nice new robe, Helen Jane got paid for helping facilitate that situation sketches me out, and our listener who came to us for help got some holiday closure.
Speaker 7: Well that's not really what she was looking for.
Speaker 2: It's not what she expected, but at least she can take away the important lesson never ever data coworker or help anybody ever. Well, and that's a holiday message that we can endorse on this show.
Speaker 12: Or maybe the message would be a new year, new job for you, like that company is filled with some condescending, drama filled people.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Well, if she doesn't like that, she certainly shouldn't work here. Yeah, but Mallet or a loved one whatever, like to get a second date update for yourself, make sure to go to the Brook and Jeffrey website. You could submit there or email the show. We'll call the person who wasn't calling you back