Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Messer along with Tim Steedevieck.
Speaker 4: Let's get to some stocks on the move with us as.
Speaker 3: Bloomberg News Equities reporter and Deputy team leader for US Equities Carmen Rhini case she is in the house.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 4: Let's start with trade desk. You're looking at this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so this is ticker TTD trade desk. It's up twenty percent right now. This is the best day in about ten months. So there's a report from the Information that open Ai is potentially in talks with the trade desk to sell for the trade desk to sell ads for open Ai. And this is something that just could really reinvigorate positive sentiment around the company. So Bloomberg Intelligence said that it could revive sentiment amid shaky fundamental backdrop, although they also note that the or the deal is unlikely to be a game changer. There's sort of some uncertainty around if it's actually going to come to fruition, though other analysts are also saying this would be really positive and it's definitely a positive headline for the stock.
Speaker 3: Wait, so it's like pay chat GPT, I've got this in this in my refrigerator.
Speaker 4: What can I do? And now we're gonna have an AD? Right they talked about right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I mean we add there's a former open A person back in September about this and she wouldn't you know, she.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't rule it out, that's right.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, if you remember back to the Super Bowl, the ad that that Anthropic had where it was trying to differentiate between an LLM and they didn't name chatgy pet, but it was clear what they were doing that would have ads and the experience there versus one that wouldn't. This is what this is the whole thing. But look, you got to make money somehow.
Speaker 3: At some point the balance sheet, Right, it's got to go from red to brain.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get to a name that we talk about all the time.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, So looking at Nvidia today and also just sort of the broader semiconductor space, shares of am A also down. So in video is down one and a half percent. This is off the lows of the day, but still a significant drag on the on the index and D down about three point two percent. So basically what we're seeing is the US officials have written a draft regulations that would restrict AI chip shipments anywhere in the world without US approval. So this would obviously be a major curb potentially on where these companies could sell their chips, could potentially hit revenue, you know, would be a big, a big hit for their businesses if depending on where approval is given and not so seeing that whole sector kind of way on the broader markets today.
Speaker 1: The headlines around this changed so much, I agree. And it's like, if your job is that in Vidia to figure out where you're allowed to sell things and what you're allowed to sell and how much.
Speaker 4: You know, what we can you're busy, you know, we can bank on.
Speaker 3: Guess who's going to probably make a visit to the White House?
Speaker 1: Jensen, I'm thinking, Okay, like sometimes that happens, right, You're just you're just guessing.
Speaker 4: I'm just guessing.
Speaker 3: No, like headline, I'm just saying, we see leaders when things get a little.
Speaker 4: Sticky, head to the White House.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: I want to point out, you know, who's not lower in the chip sector is Broadcom. That one's rallying and they're trying to go after in video's business. So interesting to see that trade.
Speaker 4: One more for US ticker unf Yeah.
Speaker 5: So this is kind of an interesting one. It's Unifors. It's up sixteen percent right now in trad day and it's on track to close the highest since in nineteen eighty three. I think that's our record. So basically, Sintas Corp. Has been advanced talks to buy this company, which is a uniform maker. A deal could be announced as soon as next week, and the companies are also discussing a price that exceed the two hundred and seventy five dollars a share offer that Sintas resubmitted in December. I think another thing that's really interesting to point out here. I mean, a final decision hasn't been made. Toxicn obviously fall through, but Sinces has been chasing this company since twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: That's wild.
Speaker 5: It could be a really long time coming.
Speaker 2: We'll see the stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street. For the latest market moving headlines, Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.