Speaker 1: I wish I got to go play in NFL Europe in my first few years, to get to live in a European country play American football.
Speaker 2: I don't think we would have made it out. If it was you or I, we would still be in Amsterdam.
Speaker 1: Would still be in Poland. He would have he would have been playing for the freaking Broughtwursts or whatever what they the Polish sausages.
Speaker 2: I would have definitely never came back to America from Polish sausages. Oh, I'd be a perfect fit. I'd be a hero there in Poland.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Dudes On Dudes. I'm Julian Edelman, I'm Rob Gronkowski, and this is the show where your favorite dudes get to talk about their favorite dudes. We're back in Boston, Boston, Beantown. We are here. Springtime is sizzling in the air, the golf ball somewhere in the woods, and we are back in Boston. And what are we talking about today?
Speaker 2: Robbie bad have champions, ladies and gentlemen, and we're talking about Julian getting his red jacket.
Speaker 1: Would have never thought I would have got to be a Patriot Hall of Famer. It's it's freaking honor.
Speaker 2: It was a no brainer to put your first bat.
Speaker 1: And then we get into the greatest kicker of all time, Adam Vinitari confidence.
Speaker 2: That's what you wanted, a kicker and one of the toughest all lineman ever.
Speaker 3: Logan Mankins, Logan, rip your face off, make Logan Sweetheart Mankins.
Speaker 1: And then we wrap it up doing some soul searching this week on This Week's Chill is due to the week presented by cors like you gotta stick around to the end, Let's go, Let's Go.
Speaker 2: Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: So rom we took Dudes on Dudes on the road. We're here in Boston, right in the back bay, the heat of the city, beautiful time of year. How fucking beautiful is it outside?
Speaker 2: Bro. I love New England weather, especially.
Speaker 1: You love New England weather in May. That's what the day.
Speaker 2: That's where I was getting to, you know, especially in the summertime on a beautiful sunny day, and it pops more than the Islands, than the Bahamas and the Caribbean Islands. Then anywhere down in Florida, it's great being there. In January February, you get the sunshine eighty five degrees and those spots. But when that sun shines and it's above seventy five degrees in New England, up here in the Northern States, in Buffalo included, New York included, you know, Vermont included. I mean, it's just a whole different level of vibes.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Everyone is just running out their front door to get outside, feel that sunlight, feel that energy. And let me tell you, Boston feels it right now. Man. When I got off that pike and I turned through that tunnel and I got out in the streets of you know, of Boston, who.
Speaker 1: It was, may man, I felt that energy with these people walking around people ever.
Speaker 2: Man, it felt like I was in New York City on like a bright sunny day as well, because there's people everywhere at every corner in New York City. But here in Boston on a bright sunny day, man, there was people at every corner. I mean I'm talking stacks and stacks and stacks of people waiting at the next red light for the you know, the walking signal to turn green. There's about fifty people. That's a lot there waiting.
Speaker 1: A lot and the scenery I went engulfed to this morning at Milton some country club what was it Wallaston beautiful course. And going back to the nice weather. When you get that nice weather in like late spring in Boston and the freaking trees are blooming, the freaking plants are popping. I mean, it smells good. It's just a great time of the year. These are the days that you need when you live here in this city because of the whole four months of misery when it starts in late November two probably right now.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like today's everyone is popping their cherry you know, well for their first time this whole entire years.
Speaker 1: It's a cherry popping Sunday. M h. And we missed the cherry blossoms. That's a probably three weeks ago. You know, the cherry blossoms on Commab where they bloom. Come around the world to just take pictures of them, right down right down all these trees they blooms.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to catch it next year.
Speaker 1: We're going to We're going to uh got a shout out Joe Cardonia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know his wedding was the other day. How was that, Jeles His Wow was Joe Cardona's wedding.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. It was awesome. Got to see the Captain Slate was there, A couple of the new generation Pats, a new punter, the schooler kid Dietrich Wise was there from the commanders. They you know, he played with New England for a long time. Uh. Ryan Allen was there. Steve Gozkowski was there. Matt fall our Fulk was there. I mean, all the specialists were there. Shout out to Joe and his beautiful wife.
Speaker 2: Well, all the specialists were there, well the jewels besides one because I'm special and I wasn't there.
Speaker 1: As a specialist. So you gotta listen.
Speaker 2: You guys were just missing one specialists.
Speaker 1: I think it's okay. I think you were just you were probably some. I think you had to go to Australia.
Speaker 2: Special You were probably in Australia.
Speaker 1: For ice shaker commercial for twenty four hours, which is a true story. By the way, guy went to Australia for twenty four hours for a fucking ice shaker commercial. But let me explain this. Let me explain it. So he has his wedding. It's in this beautiful old Roman Catholic church. Thing was built in probably seventeen thirty two after the Revolutionary War, which needed forty more years or something like that. And then we go over the Museum of Fine Arts and we have like a little You walk up and it feels like you're at the met Gala because there's all these goddamn candles everywhere. It was so beautiful. Then you go up these stairs and we had like a like a part of the museum that we had a cocktail hour in and I'm like sitting here, I'm like Jesus Christ, this is freaking nice. And then we go down to like the big area and they had an awesome band. They had they could hit all the genres, a little soul, little Taylor swift Ship, they had it all. Man, it was. It was a fun wedding. Great to catch up with a lot of the people. You know, we had a lot of memories with so shout out to Joe and Lily and she did. She actually had all these drawings throughout she drew so like you see the Napkins, it'd be like the two their two dogs and a house, like all these sketch like sketches. And then like at the church on the pamphlet, it was like she did a drawing of the church. Like, so she did all this cool stuff too. It was a really cool freaking wedding. Really uh smart people, when you anytime you're in the Museum of Fine Arts, there's you know, Joe married in some good genes.
Speaker 2: Let's just say that I heard you talking as well earlier about Joe. You know, just so many great things about him. But you kind of also mentioned that he could possibly run for president you know, one day. Is that true? Is that true? You see that anim or what?
Speaker 1: Well, what do you think? Like, he's got a squeaky clean record, he's he went to the Naval Academy, like he served and and played professional sports. Can handle the pressure, can handle the pressure, like whenever you hear him speak in front of the people, he has real thoughtful speaking skills. His wife is like a lawyer, and she's got she's got like she's affluent as fuck. Like it's just like I think he could be a politician.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. All right, well, Joe, congratulations on your wedding, possibly a congratulations running for presidency in the future, and also good luck in Miami. My friend, I just saw that you signed with the Miami Dolphins. I'm hoping that, you know, you stick with them and have a couple more years left in the NFL.
Speaker 1: He will, he will, no doubt. And plus he's gonna have you know, he's Latino. He's gonna have a nice hana on them.
Speaker 2: H he sure will. And on top of all this Patriots talk, you know, you've got to see your fellow teammates and all that. What about you, Jules, You're the talk of the town with the New Engham Patriots man. First ballot Hall of Famer for the New England Patriots Man. Congratulations to you, well deserved. There was no doubt in my mind that you weren't going to be a first ballot either. I mean what you have done for the New England Patriots organization. How many times you came in the you know, through in the clutch situations, not just you know, for Tom, not just for the offense, but for the whole entire organization. How many times you came in clutch for me, you know, out there on the field, because without your sus I want to have success. So I appreciate you, brother. Congratulations you deserve it. And what was that phone call like when you got it? That's my question. How did that feel?
Speaker 1: First off, thanks for those kind of words.
Speaker 2: Job.
Speaker 1: That means a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was a no brainer to put your first back.
Speaker 1: Regardless I say, they're nice words, They're really nice.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 1: I liked them.
Speaker 2: They were super super nice words.
Speaker 1: So I'm on, you know, I'll explain how I got the call. Let's here, I'm on the golf course. I'm on the golf course.
Speaker 2: You in those golf game, I know, and you're not getting You're kind of like and it's not getting better, but you're honestly getting worse. As long as your accuracy is getting better than you're probably coming back. Okay, well then it's not that your game's not getting better. Your distance and power is there, but your accuracy needs to get better. Yeah, you know, I say, but you're kind of like getting me till.
Speaker 1: An hour always you're.
Speaker 2: Kind of want to get getting me to get on the golf course.
Speaker 1: Now you should you could probab, you'd be like, have you gilmore on there?
Speaker 2: You had read our not stop.
Speaker 1: You know, paddles sports real good, so you can square shuit up. But getting back to getting the call, I was at El cab mister Stacy calls and hands the phone mister Kraft. And you know, we had a nice conversation.
Speaker 2: And wait, did Stacy tell you or was he like, hey, I got.
Speaker 1: Mister Kraft, I have mister Craft.
Speaker 2: He shot Stacy. Now he's moving up in the ranks.
Speaker 1: I think that he always does that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: I know, but I just wanted to say that. Don't appreciate that comment.
Speaker 1: He's been there forever, man, Yeah, forever.
Speaker 2: He's going in the Patriots Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: He's done with a lot of a lot of media.
Speaker 2: He's next, he's done a lot of He can vote himself and we should vote him in. Yeah, I'm voting.
Speaker 1: We should, uh Stacy?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah.
Speaker 1: So I was out el Cab ended up shanking a drive right after. A little too excited, I guess. But it was cool, you know, it was cool, you know, and I don't know any of the details. I think there they'll come up with that, and you know, that's that's something you get to you know, your family loves and it's it's it's an honor to get to be in the same class with the guys that are in that you know, Hall of Fame. You know, and you know, as a twenty two year old me, I would have never thought I would have got to be a Patriot Hall of Famer. It's it's freaking honor.
Speaker 2: So did you shut a tear?
Speaker 1: I shed a I didn't. I shed a No, I didn't shed a tear.
Speaker 2: What did you shed your beard?
Speaker 1: I shed a beard. I shed a beard, not a tear. I didn't. I felt you know, I felt great. I felt happy for my my parents. My dad likes that ship. You know, your your parents like that kind of stuff. But let's get into some other stuff. What's up with Derek Carr? Derek is he has he hurt his shoulder? Is he is he retiring?
Speaker 2: He's retiring here retired, He's done for good.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean it's kind of a short career. It was kind of like a long career for him, but also a short career at the same time because he's a quarterback. He played eleven years, which is plenty in the NFL, but also it's really not for a quarterback that's at that high of a level that's playing, you know, that consistent. I mean he's consistent, but he's not consistent, but still at that consistency that he has is a lot better than a lot of quarterbacks out there. And then just to see him hang it up, he had to be hurting or something, which they said in the reports that he's about to have shoulder surgery. Yeah, so he's going to be out for the whole year in twenty twenty five. So I kind of understand that, you know. And then also you got to understand if he has the love for the game still or not. You know, if you don't, well, then yes, hang it up. That's the right move to do. It's miserable to play in the NFL if you don't have that love for the game still. It hurts every single day. I mean, you're kind of just praying on God's word just to get you through every single day. And that's not how you want to live in the NFL. So I feel like, you know, this is the right decision for him if that's you know, what he's feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I when you say consistent, he's consistently been hit a lot in this league. He's taken a lot of sacks. He's been beat up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You know some of those O lines with the Raiders, I just always remember him taking He's been sacked a bunch man and that adds up, It really does. You know, every time you get hit, you know, when you're exiting your twenties and you're getting into those thirties, it hurts. Like when you get hit, like you used to be able to run like twenty miles an hour and you fall down. People don't realize on like a regular play, you're running sixteen miles an hour. You fall down, you bounce up. Nothing's wrong when you do that, like thirty one to two, Like you feel that the next couple of days you don't recover the same. And then also, I mean, anytime you're banged up and you're not really winning, that mentally can kill you. You know, he's fighting to get healthy like the last few years, and then he gets healthy. And he's been on a couple of teams that have been you know, they haven't really panned out the way he's wanted to. But you gotta tip your cap to Derek Carr. He had, you know, a pretty solid career. You know, he he threw for a lot of yards.
Speaker 2: About I think like above forty thousand yards.
Speaker 1: His career, forty one thousand yards. He's got two hundred and fifty seven touchdowns one hundred and twelve picks, so he's two to one, you know what I mean, that's that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I mean, here's the kicker though. He was sacked two hundred and fifty four time lost career, and just think about it. If you're just just a person just chilling there and all of a sudden you just get blindsided out of nowhere, that literally just one of those blind side hits can literally you know, disproportion all of your mechanics and your mindset. I mean, and he got sacked two hundred and fifty four times, and how many of those were blindsided Probably about you know, seventy five of them, I would say, So like those all add up just on a continuous basis. So therefore, yes, you think these quarterbacks don't get hit, but they really do get punished as well when you take that many sacks. So I mean, you know, shout out to you know, Derek Carr for his wonderful career. And most importantly though, I'll say, man, get healthy, not healthy, man, get healthy because you have a long life to live still, you got kids in the future. If you already don't have kids, you you got whatever else coaching. You just want to be living a healthy life. That's what it's all about when football's over. So just get healthy. Man, wonderful career. Would would you describe his career as his legacy as Jules I'd say solid solid, that's about right. Solidt of Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: He's he had a solid career. I mean what he made the playoffs few times, very solid. Uh, they were always pretty competitive. Just couldn't you know, I mean he did. This is a hard league, and that's the hardest position to play in this league. You know what I mean is so eleven years in the National Football League, he's made a whole lot of money. He made a lot of money in this league. He's made over a lot of live he made. How much moneys he made. He made a lot of money. So he's made some big plays. And you know, it's gonna be exciting to see what the Saints do now. I know they who they draft in the second round, a.
Speaker 2: Guy named like Tyler Schlang or something out of Louisville Slow Tyler Schwaw schlou. I saw Dion Branch talking about him.
Speaker 1: There's no l.
Speaker 2: Dion Branch I saw talking about him. When I pulled up my Twitter the other day and then I was like, this guy, I must have went to Louisville. And then I looked it up and he did go to Louisville. So Dion Brand shout out to Deon Branch. I love your brother, but uh, he was just being a little biased. I think he's like, he's the real deal. I've heard every quarterback that got drafted in this year's draft is the real deal, even the sixth rounders, like the guy that went to the Pittsburgh Steelers from Ohio State. Great, you know, college career, but there's people out there like, oh, he's going to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. But I've heard this about every draft pick so far, even the Las Vegas player from North Dakota State, I think he was from, uh that got drafted the seventh round or sixth. Well, he's going to be a.
Speaker 1: Heck of a starter for Tyler Mallett. Millett, you know.
Speaker 2: A heck of a starter for.
Speaker 1: Is he? Yeah, he's a receiver right already. Yeah, he's he's turned in receiver. I've heard the comps. Everyone's really he's kind of like he's been you know, my story, his story. We'll see if it lines up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see if if he can pull off of jewels. No, I could pull off of jewels.
Speaker 1: He needs two hundred and five million dollars, Derek Carr.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and five million dollars. You know what, it doesn't matter if he got a Super Bowl it doesn't matter, I mean playoff wins he has. It doesn't matter if he's going in the house.
Speaker 1: If he's healthy, he can buy his health.
Speaker 2: He can buy a new show. This two hundred five million.
Speaker 1: I mean you go, he can go. He can go to China right now and have an AI doctor work on him. Literally, they have fucking forty two AI doctors working in the hospital right now.
Speaker 2: Well, Tommy Mallett, we were just talking about you as well. Don't change positions, man, don't change position.
Speaker 1: Five million quarterback shout out man. That's awesome. Congratulations to him in his career. You've been watching these hoops.
Speaker 2: I have been. I don't really watch NBA regular season or much LONHL regular season hard either, but then all of a sudden, when NHL playoffs come, and like NBA playoffs come, I'm the biggest fan out there, and you know, the comparison between in an NHL game in the regular season and a NHL playoff game is literally night and day.
Speaker 1: Man, So is it the same comparison to a regular season game in the NBA compared to a playoff NBA game.
Speaker 2: A little bit? You know, I would say NBA playoffs and NBA regular season game or you know, more of the same pace. It's definitely amped up more. But the NHL regular season game is amped up so much more in the playoffs because they don't bang each other like they do in a regular season game. I mean, they play harder, they're a little physical, and the skills are there, but I'm talking the physicality of an NHL game in the playoffs is just skyrocketed and that's what brings the best out of hockey. And I like how they kind of amped up in the playoffs because if they did that hall all year long in the regular season, I don't think there would really be any guys left for the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, they've been in physical in NBA too. The reps haven't been calling it. Draymond's you know, he's averaging two three hard fouls. I don't know, there's like.
Speaker 2: A technical games. I think I don't know the different fouls.
Speaker 1: There's so many different types of fouls now there's like a urgency foul to this foul, to that foul, out of bounds foul, uh, free break foul. But they've been playing hard man Celtics finally you know, can hold off their twenty point lead. Mm hmm in the third game. I'm excited to see what they do.
Speaker 2: I think those first two games were just kind of a fluke. You know, it happens. It happens.
Speaker 1: You can't have too many flukes.
Speaker 2: No, you can't. But they're a team that knows how to pick it up. They've been down before in this situation, and they've been through the whole journey of the playoffs and win it all, you know, which was last year, so they know what it takes. And being down you know, two to oh, there's five more games left. You just gotta climb. You know. It's just crazy one game at a time, it really is, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean, Because those they like kind of won those games but just missed the shots like they were getting there or taking kind of crazy shots to at the end. But then like when they when they're when they're all making like they blow them out. It's just the basketball is nuts right now.
Speaker 2: It's weird. It's nuts.
Speaker 1: Twenty point games are like, you're still in it.
Speaker 2: And the physicality though, that's what I really love you. You did bring that up. I mean, the NBA playoffs have been really physical compared to other years, especially during the regular season, and it's fun to watch. And if the Celtics don't win it all this year, my second favorite team out there is Denver because of Yolkic.
Speaker 1: You would be Jokic on the floor. Yes, that you are Jokic.
Speaker 2: I love that comparison.
Speaker 1: That's what I see you on the field, on the basketball I see.
Speaker 2: I love that player. He's actually my favorite player in the NBA.
Speaker 1: Why do you think you're like Jokic on the law of Yolkic? Why what makes you? What makes it? Like? I see this big dude that like the way he moves that's you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, but he's even bigger than me, but like we got similar movements. Also, the way he looks, he's kind of like, you know, I don't want to say this about him because I really love him and I would date him if I was a woman. But he's kind of an uglier version of me. I would still date him, like if I was a hot check and he's got like a big nose too, and I got a big nose, and and just his personality as well. He just wants to get it done. You don't care. He's yeah, yeah, well that's what someone told me, and I kind of was like, Okay, I guess I agree. I didn't want to say that because I love him so much.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's a lovable player and he writes donkeys and shit hels like your dad at the YMCA when like you're in eighth grade and he was in like his needs braces and stuff, and he just didn't like didn't really move a lot, but always scored like it's crazy. It's just nuts.
Speaker 2: And that's why I'm cheering for the Denver Nuggets if the Boston Celtics don't win at all, and then my third favorite team just because he just has so much game and like swag and he talks so much shit is the Minnesota Timberwolves with Anthony Edwards. I just I just love how he projects himself with confidence and and just the way he talks backs it up. I mean, it's fun to watch.
Speaker 1: I became a fan of Anthony Edwards after I saw the movie Hustle with Adam Sandler when he was like the guy that would talk ship to the European dude in the one on one games. Like he's a fun player to watch, the SGK kid man in Oklahoma City, they're fucking good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I actually don't know much about Oklahoma City. That's like a small market team that can be really good, but like they got a really good team only that market season or a true NBA fan season play. I have not seen an Oklahoma City game in two years now with that player on the team, but only heard great things about them.
Speaker 1: Didn't we go to Oklahoma City game once?
Speaker 2: Yeah, about fifteen years ago with Welker. Yeah, with Welker, we sat right next to the bench. That's when we did a charity event. Kevin Durant was on the team. Yeah, Kadi, Yeah, that was cool. That was a cool experience. That was my first MBA game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was mine too, Hm.
Speaker 2: It was. That was really cool. That's what made me get obsessed with going courtside, and that's why we always started doing it. When we went I went back to Boston.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we Boston. They took care of us.
Speaker 2: They all took care of us. Man.
Speaker 1: Shout out McKenzie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to the Celtics always taking care of us, going to the playoff games, regular season games, just hooking us up with tickets. We thank you making it easy on us. We thank you for that. It was easier to get Boston Celtics court side tickets to the games then getting tickets to our own games.
Speaker 1: Now, Like when you're sitting courtside, do your big ass size eighteen feet ever get up on that damn court and trip somebody.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm I'm always watching out for my feet. I gotta make sure that they're.
Speaker 1: Tucked away, like because I'm like a little dude and I could feel those little last chairs.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be responsible like this tripping one of them players.
Speaker 1: One of the balls came once when I was sitting there with my dad, Like my dad like put his arm over, like we almost got in a car wreck. I'm like, Dad, I'm fucking twenty eight years old. He would like this.
Speaker 2: I still got it, dad, Yeah, you know, like the mark I can catch the damn when your parents used.
Speaker 1: To slam the break and you're in the front and they put their arm. My dad did that when a ball was coming to me at the Celtics.
Speaker 2: It's just natural reflex.
Speaker 1: I guess it is, dad man. How about Mercy Merchie hitting marching.
Speaker 2: All the game winner and overtime.
Speaker 1: I know, is he gonna get his another one? They won it last year, didn't they?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Panthers won it last.
Speaker 1: They're always sneaky good. Like I don't hear anything of the Panthers ever until like the Stanley Cups, kind of.
Speaker 2: Like the you know, the same situation with Oklahoma City, small market team. You know, Florida Panthers don't really have a fan base either.
Speaker 1: I mean, not a traditional hockey town. Oklahoma's not a traditional basketball town. Really. You kind of think football in those areas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. But uh yeah, Marshaan with the game winner. They're down on what two to one right now, but if he didn't hit that game winner, they could possibly be down three to zero, which is kind of hard to come back in the series. But they're right in it now two to one, and he could possibly get a Stanley Cup with the Panthers. They're going for the repeat. But uh, I kind of want to see a Canadian team win it.
Speaker 1: They haven't done it.
Speaker 2: I really want to see it. I love Connor McDavid. He's my favorite player right now in the NHL. His skills just surpass anyone else's. He's just a phenomenal athlete on the ice. And I'm just a big fan and I'm hoping they pull it off. And I do because I'm a Buffalo Sabers fan. That's my that's my team at heart, So don't really care who truly wins, especially with the Celtics not the same with the Bruins out right now. So I kind of want to go with a Canadian team to win it, just to see how Pazonkers, a Canadian city will go. And Connor McDavid deserves one too, are they are? They like he was an MVP last year of the Stand and they lost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that. I know that's crazy to me. Yeah, I would love that too. Ever, since we went we went to uh Vancouver, you know, I get a little. And then we had the Four Nations Like I'm like in the Canada mode.
Speaker 2: The Four Nations brought hockey back, brought hockey back. The Four Nations played like the NHL playoffs, and that's why Four Nations was such a great airing out and also because Trump was talking garbage about Canada and the Canada was facing the US. So everything hit at perfect time, perfect timing, which was great. I love that, like that passion came came out of Canada for Four Nations. It brought that like tournament to a whole other level.
Speaker 1: Well they were you know, so we went and did that speaking thing during that Four Nations in Canada, and like the Canadians are so nice these people, but their way of talking, like they had a little like jab by, Like they gave us a bunch of like Canadian gear, like here you co wear Canadian hockey stuff, Like sorry, sorry I did.
Speaker 2: Though it was they had some nice care.
Speaker 1: But like it was like a jab but it was like a nice jab. It was like a gift basket full of like Canadian stuff. Like look at this jersey we got to. It's Team Canada. Sorry I'm not telling Buddy Powell. I war. We'll be right back after this quick break. All right, let's jump into these dudes. Let's get this AI summary.
Speaker 2: Bump bump bum. The AI summary is back.
Speaker 1: Start the clock all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: At six foot, two hundred and twelve pounds from yank ten, South Dakota, he played twenty four NFL seasons with the New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts. A product of South Dakota State, he went undrafted but earned a roster spot after time in NFL Europe. Known for his mental toughness and accuracy under pressure, he became the NFL's all time leading scorer with two six hundred and seventy three points and five hundred and ninety nine field goals made. He is also in the history books for the most postseason points two hundred and thirty eight in field goals fifty six. He won four Super Bowls, with the game winning kicks in two of them, plus he was the hero in the famous snowball against the Oakland Raiders. Let's get on. Adam Vinit Terry. Adam vinit Teri we Terry. I'll start with this. Adam Vinit Teri. I never met him. He was before my time, you know, with the New England Patriots, even though we played in the NFL together at the same time. But he was on the Colts, you know, his second half of his career. Heard many great things about him, knew about his history, never got to meet him though. And then I'm doing the Kick of Destiny, you know, with Fan Duel. It's a live you know, commercial, and I'm kicking a field goal and if I make it, we're giving out prizes. So obviously I need a kicking coach. What did fanduil do? They went and got Adam Vinitaire as my kicking coach. So I was really thrilled that I finally got to meet the legend Adam Vinitari because he was a patriot. I was a Patriot, so I thought this was gonna be a really, really cool and special moment, and it lived up to expectations when I met him for the first time on the set. Man, he's such a cool dude. He's down to earth. If not the best kicker in the NFL of all time, you know, he's up there top one, two or three. But it was just so cool to shoot a commercial with him get some tips from him. But he didn't, you know, give me enough tips because I missed my kick. Maybe you shouldn't put coaching on this, So coaching coaching crossed that off. Yeah, sorry, Adam, And those are coaching or else I would have made that kick.
Speaker 1: No. Adam Vinitari is also one of those legendary names that was talked about in the locker room past his time there. M I mean, whether it was the training staff with Jimmy Whalen, Joe Van Allen, they always talk about Vinitary and and and you could see how much everyone loved Adam Vinitari because of how clutch he was in the most important moments. And that's what Adam did. He made the biggest kicks in the snow Ball in the first Super Bowl, another super Bowl. There's countless other ones to get them to the super Bowl, Uh, you know, and he's just he was a monster. And he's like jacked. Now have you seen him lately? He's Jack all dude, he was. He jacked on the on the set.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's all I was talking about to everyone. I'm like, how is Adam Vinitarry so freaking jacked? Like I'm not even that Jack. And I was telling him in person, and I'm like, man, I had buy your like how jack you are? And he was loving it. He was playing, he was downplaying. He's like all cron click, You're an jacked I'm like, no, I'm not as jack as you, buddy, Like, look at jack them out.
Speaker 1: Man, Jesus Christ, Vinitary, Holy.
Speaker 2: You would have never thought he was a kicker.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: The kickers, though, they they get obsessed with things like whether's food was jacked, remember from the giants, Like these guys, they're all little like they're all a little different in the head. But you know, I was just around him last night at the wedding, and you know, he was hard. He was he was like a He's a legend, man.
Speaker 2: He is the most wild story about him though, when I was talking to him, because you know, we were talking for a while on set and he started telling me about his career, you know, before he got to the NFL, which which which was shocking to me. I think what he told me he played in NFL Europe in Amsterdam. Yeah, correct, and that's where he got seen. But like a guy that is such a legend, played twenty four seasons in the NFL. The best kicker of all time. We we gotta say that, right, he is the best kicker of all time. Yeah, he has to gotta be see some there could be some situations. Yeah, he's automatic like he was. And also how many seasons he played, and he was good in all elements. Snowy, sonny, rainy, cold, hot, cheerleaders in front of his face, no cheerleaders in front of his face, bill yelling at him on a shitty Colts team, on a great New England team, he was.
Speaker 1: Still He won a super Bowl the Colts too. Now we got to go back. Wait, how about he won a Super Bowl with Peyton?
Speaker 2: Oh oh crap? I think dang, and like, yeah, when did he leave New England?
Speaker 1: I think like two thousand and I want to say six?
Speaker 2: And then when did the Colts win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and five? Because Steve there, they got steven six, then they went seven, and then they would they eight nine two thousand and six his first year after they got rid of vander Jack.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, while juwelels, this's kind of that kind of makes sense now on why you just went into the Patriots Hall of Fame before Adam Venitari, Because you're a Patriot for life, you're Foxborough forever. You were only a Patriot Adam VINITII. This kind of makes sense now. I think he played more years with the Indianapolis Colts that he did with the New England Patriots, and I would say that factors into it as well, you know, when it comes to voting, because I was wondering, like how he's not in already, which should be already, But that kind of makes sense now why you got in over him because he played more with the Colts, with a team that New England does not like. You know, so you gotta wait your turn now, buddy, because you played for the Colts too.
Speaker 1: But let's how about his story though these NFL he's I love hearing the NFL europe guys when they come like I wish I got to go play in NFL Europe in my first few years, to get to live in a European country play American football. Amsterdam. They used to have it in Frankfurt and I think they had Barcelona teams and ship like that would have been kind of cool, even though you're not like big or anything, but you're still learning the game. Like my first few years, I'd rather have done like maybe in like Amsterdam or you go to I've never been to Europe at that time in my life. That would have been fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't think we would have made it out like Adam Vinitarry made it out. Yeah, if it was you or I, we would still be in Amsterdam.
Speaker 1: Rock would still be a Poland he would have. He would have been playing for the freaking Broughtwursts or whatever what they have, the Polish sausages.
Speaker 2: I would have definitely never came back to America from Polish sausages. Oh, I'd be a perfect fit. Oh, I'd be a hero there in Poland. You only know what's cool. I was in Poland last year, and I swear no one knows me in Poland.
Speaker 1: It was it looked like every other person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. I loved it.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 2: I was because of that reason. No, no, not everyone's tall. It's a laid It's a laid back European country. So a lot of these countries in Europe, you know, they're all different styles, you know, even though they're all one in Europe, but they all have their different you know it factor, and Poland is really really laid back and more low key, but beautiful. The nature, the grass, the woods. I mean, it's the most beautiful settings I've ever seen in my life. And now it makes sense why I'm so beautiful now, Yeah, like that food was phenomenal. I was eating gas station cheeseburgers left and right. Yeah a plus great talking no antibiotics in those gas station cheeseburgers. What you had phenomena. I was eating I'm left and right. The mayonnaise, like different mayonnaise you would ever have here in the United States. May Yeah, unbelievable. Man, I'd just be pouring the mayonnaise on man on those burgers off.
Speaker 1: So good burgers in through the roof. The best we gotta go to get. I gotta go to a gas station.
Speaker 2: And you don't know, as a burger guy, you have to.
Speaker 1: All right enough said no progis you didn't have any proges.
Speaker 2: No I did, But the gas station cheeseburgers won me over you.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: What was cool was like like there's this bus. I was taking a piss in the gas station. I pulled over taking a piss, and then this bus of like tourism came because they were just checking out the whole country, and like literally like sixty people got off the bus and I'm like, usually like oh crap, Like if I'm in the US, I'm like, I gotta get out here. All these people are gonna like you know, ask me for pictures. Literally, all these people just get out the bus, load up the whole gas station. I'm like freaking out. I'm like oh, but then I'm like, oh wait, no one knows me here. And I was just in there here with sixty people coming off of this bus, just enjoying my cheeseburger and having all the freedom I needed in the world.
Speaker 1: Man, So were you just going up and down the hallways like enjoying it? Like, Man, I could get some gum right now, I don't have any anxiety If he not, Oh, maybe I get some chips.
Speaker 2: I'm going up to them and asking them questions.
Speaker 1: You were asking questions just speak English barely, so let me hear how do you how do you do you go Spanish? What do you how do you do this? So if I'm someone in Poland, what were you saying?
Speaker 2: Like, Hey, where's the gummy bears?
Speaker 1: Now? Do you say gummy barrow or anything?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What do they sound like? Uh? Sure, jermy, Yeah that's a little too German.
Speaker 2: I'm not good at avitations. Yeah, that's exactly. How like that.
Speaker 1: Fucking adamanitary playing in answer today and gets just talking about Poland?
Speaker 2: What's the numb umber one trait that you look for and a kicker that Adam Vinitari had as well that made him special. Jeels, what is it? Come on, let's hear it that way you get on to what kind of me? Is swag really a swag?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like he always had a confidence every time Adam VNITII lined up for a kick, and like his little antique. Ay, he like he acted like he was there already, like he was just clockwork. I remember he had the one he had the single button. He always had the single chin strap like he would go up there, and he had a black cleat on. I always remember he had different cleats in the Super Bowl, and you just you saw a swagger of confidence always, and that's what you want from your but like a real confidence. I've met some kickers where they like think, oh, I remember I met some young kicker and he was bringing up Adam Vinnetier. I said, buddy, let's make a kick in the league. Before we even start bringing up Adam Military's name. Jesus fucking Christ, Like you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Confidence? Confidence, confidence, that's what you wanted.
Speaker 1: Like like even with like remember of folk.
Speaker 2: And that's what venit Terry had Yeah, remember.
Speaker 1: Folk like he was he was also just he didn't he didn't have the leg crazy leg. But he's still kicking. And what do you see in like the they're a calm cool swagger that they have. Steve he had that call. They're like they're just calm cool. You don't hear them much, but you see them all the time because they make big fucking plays.
Speaker 2: I like it. One more is Adam Vinit Terry the most clutch athlete of all time?
Speaker 1: Most clutch athlete? Did he make all his game winning field goals?
Speaker 2: Like basically I think so? I mean, I mean, but kind of kicker be considered the most clutch athlete of all time?
Speaker 1: I mean it's such a hard question because they have to be clutch mm hm. So like, even if you're talking about most clutch athletes, you're basically banking on your kicker to being clutch. And if he's the greatest kicker of all time, that means he's the most clutch of a clutch position. I mean, it could be argued. I mean, well, you got Michael Jordan, Tom bradyo in.
Speaker 2: There, Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods, Adam Van Terry, Joe Montana, Montana time. Adam Vanitaria, we can say is the most clutch kicker of.
Speaker 1: All the most clutch kicker of all time.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get on to it. What kind of dude is Adam Venati?
Speaker 1: What kind of dude is he?
Speaker 2: H man?
Speaker 1: Is he a stud? I mean he had to go along road, he did have to go to Europe before he came to the NFL. NFL europe undrafted guy North, the Kota kid didn't get many offers, so he doesn't have the stud pedigree.
Speaker 2: He is he a freak? I mean, I'm pretty sure he played quarterback in high school. Linebacker in high school.
Speaker 1: You should play the linebacker right now. I've just seen that.
Speaker 2: And now he's done playing. And he looks like an absolute physical freak of nature, like with how jacked he is, So he could be a freak.
Speaker 1: He could be a freak. He doesn't. I don't when I see Adam. But he's not a freak. He's not a freak, No, he's not. He's a dude's dude. He could be a dude's dude because you know, I wasn't around him. So, but usually kickers great kickers are dudes.
Speaker 2: Dudes, and he's not a whiz because if he was a whiz, he would have taught me all the mechanics I needed to make a kick, and I missed my kick when he was my coach with the kick of destiny. So he's definitely not a whiz.
Speaker 1: On three what is he won? Two? Three each? Dog?
Speaker 2: Oh oh, but he's a stud.
Speaker 1: A long road. He had to go to the NFL Europe Bro he had to go to he was undrafted, He gets picked up like that was an underdog story. And then he just so happened to play twenty four fucking years in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Motivated to you gotta have motivate relentlessness too, and dog the beard dogs have that relentlessness in them. He got played twenty four seasons.
Speaker 1: And then become a bodybuilder when he's done.
Speaker 2: And Stud, I mean he's magic in the air. Jules the guy has made basically every clutch kick that ever existed in mankind's history in the game of football. I mean that's what studs do.
Speaker 1: What is a dog? They're physically and mentally tough, motivated guys that came from nothing. Guys like Adam Viniti that come from South Dakota, North Dakota. Who knows Dakota? But you're coming from a Dakota and you're kicking game winning field goals in the goddamn snowball.
Speaker 2: You convinced me, let's do it again?
Speaker 1: One two three? Dog?
Speaker 2: Who? Adam Who? Terry? Who?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 2: Right? Onto our next us?
Speaker 1: What is Jay I have to say about? A Knicks guy?
Speaker 2: Born in nineteen eighty two in Kathy's Valley, California, this former NFL offensive guard is renowned for his toughness and consistency. Standing six feet four inches tall and weighing three hundred eight pounds, he honed his skills at Fresno State, where he excelled as a left tackle and earned first team All Whack honors in two thousand and four. The New England Patriots selected him thirty second overall in the first round of the two thousand and five NFL Draft, transitioning him into left guard. He immediately became a starter, beginning a streak of one hundred and sixty one consecutive starts over eleven seasons with the Patriots and later the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Throughout his career, he was a seven time Pro Bowl selection and earned first team All Pro honors in twenty ten. Despite playing in two Super Bowls, he never secured a champion ship ring. After retiring, he became a cat old farmer in Massachusetts. Let's get on.
Speaker 3: Logan, Mancons Logan, Mankins Logan, I love you Mankins Logan, sweetheart, Mankins Logan nice, teddy bear Mankins Logan.
Speaker 1: Rip your fucking face off, Mangans.
Speaker 2: Just what is it? Dog just scratches crap out of you until you just bleathe Macons. Yeah, that one, that one works to.
Speaker 1: Speaking of scratching, he has the largest mits. Have you remember his hands?
Speaker 2: That's where I was getting after.
Speaker 1: Do remember we shake Logan's I remember I shook Logan's hand for the first time, and his hand went up to my fucking forearm. I mean, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: What's the first thing you think of when you hear Logan Macons? Besides all those middle names that we just gave.
Speaker 1: Him, I think of his wife Kara.
Speaker 2: Okay, can you explain more please?
Speaker 1: Because she always cooked all right, thanks to Logan's house.
Speaker 2: Thank you for clarifying that one.
Speaker 1: Well. They were like he was like the big brother to all, like the slap dicks of the team if you didn't have your family uh at the you know, for like Thanksgiving or Christmas or anytime we had like a holiday, the Mankins and Kara, she would always invite everyone on the younger guys over and they would cook for us. They're just like unbelievable people. But getting back to Logan, like his tenacity is. You know, I was making a joke thing about Carl because she probably beat me up if I didn't say her name. But his tenation, she's probably going to go No, Logan, Logan would just laugh at her. Logan is the nicest guy ever.
Speaker 2: Laugh at that.
Speaker 1: He would laugh at her beating me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No.
Speaker 1: But his tenacity that word, Yeah, he's tenacious. Tenacious d like Black Jane Jack Jack.
Speaker 2: Black right, does he have tenation in him too?
Speaker 1: He's got tenation in him.
Speaker 2: Tenacity, tanasis tenation he.
Speaker 1: Got, he got whatever that is, he's got to go it all. He just I just when he would go and play like you felt safe with him, Like anytime there was a fight. I remember around the piles and stuff. There's a fight going on one of these times and around the pile and I remember I got pulled by someone. I was like, who was it? And you know he like your dad pulls you back. It was Logan. He like pulled me, like pulled me to safety. Oh man, thank god ship. And then he went back in there and started beat. I think he got ejected that game or something.
Speaker 2: Well, how do you describe that type of strength? What is it that he has?
Speaker 1: Man's strength? Strong?
Speaker 2: There you go? What else?
Speaker 1: Farmers strong?
Speaker 2: There you go? Those are about three abjectives right there to describe his strength, you know, pretty right on.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I love having Logan Mankins because he's a California kid and people think he's like some like Midwest guy or some South guy. No, he's a cattle rancher from fucking Fresno, East California. He's a California, fucking football player. Just to show everyone we ain't just surfer dudes and shit like dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah surfers dudes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so everyone thinks if you're from California, you're a surfer dude.
Speaker 2: He actually represents football player. He is in the state of California.
Speaker 1: He's you know, he was all state basketball. I think he was all state basketball and you never seen.
Speaker 2: Him shoot I mean neither. But did you know this fun fact as well, because we were already talking about him earlier on the show. Derek Carr he blocked for him at Fresno State's brother Derek Oh, he blocked for his brother over car for Houston. All right, Okay, okay, I thought it was Derek for some reason. All right, but it was David Carr. I get them confused, you know, because they both went to you know, Fresno State. They both are first round you know, quarterbacks. So that was just cool fun fact that I was bringing up.
Speaker 1: What do you got any Logan stories?
Speaker 2: You know, Jules, I don't really have any Logan making stories off top of my head. I mean, besides the obvious, just how good of a football player he was, just the you know, farmer's strength that he had, that he brought to the table, his leadership, how you felt safe around him. But Logan Mankins always has a story about me whenever I'm around home. I just never have a story about him. So I actually wish Logan Hankins was here right now so he could tell a story about me, and we can hear from Logan you know ourselves. But one cool story I do have is after. Well, this is actually I'm gonna tell for the good story first and then the sad story after is that The cool story was is that after every game home game, he'd be out in the parking lot just sitting there sipping a beer.
Speaker 1: Players parking line, drinking beers.
Speaker 2: And I just thought it was so cool. After one o'clock game, It's four thirty five o'clock and I'm going out to my car and I just pop open a beer with Logan Mankins, and I just felt like a man man. You're right, I just felt cool, you know, just sitting there having one beer. Just sit there for ten minutes, have a conversation about life, you know, possibly you know what happened in the game, drink the beer, and then just go along with my day after the game, in my night and go home. And then I always remember that, you know, because I always started that always started my night. You know.
Speaker 1: That was the parking lot, Logan, that.
Speaker 2: Was the pregame, pregame, pregame. So Logan always kicked off the pregame pregame pre game when I was like twenty two years old, and he was always so welcoming, you know, as a veteran and this guy that I looked up to. I mean not many players are like, oh, young Buck, come and hang out. You know. He was such a good guy and so lovable. They come hang out, gronk, you know, and they just make you feel so welcomed. And then the sad story about him is I still remember to this day when he got traded to Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and like, when that happened, it was one of the most shocking things I've ever seen happen in the NFL. And that's when I learned that the NFL is a business and not just a business, can be a dirty business as well. Because Logan Makins was on that pedestal of he's the greatest, one of the greatest tackle you know, guards to play for the Newingham Pages. Everyone looked up to him. Great guy, family man, doesn't do anything wrong, works his butt off, you know, will kill guy out there in the field for you games, doesn't miss games, played every single game, which is just nassis. Like you said, yeah, But and then he got traded and I saw those tears and his eyes when he got traded, and it, you know, brought tears to my eyes, and it made me feel really weird that day at practice that you know, this is truly a business.
Speaker 1: That was I think everyone remembers that practice. I mean we had Remember we all came up after we did and it was like, holy ship, we just got rid of our best lineman.
Speaker 2: Everyone came together, you know, everyone did. You know. It wasn't like you know, some slap dick getting trade and everyone's like, yeah, all glad he got traded.
Speaker 1: This was like but like we lost, like we lost one of our eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah we did.
Speaker 1: This was probably similar to the Lawyer Malloy trade.
Speaker 2: We lost a locker room presence that everyone looked up to. You know, we lost a leader and everyone felt it when that trade went down.
Speaker 1: But I agree with you that was that was one of the first moments that in the Randy Moss trade were like this is a business. Those were like two trades that you're like, oh shit, this is this football ship. This is real. You know when we said he didn't miss a game. He played with the torn ACL all year, I think or he tore in like the last like I remember what was that season. I think it was he played the entire twenty eleven season with torn ACL.
Speaker 2: The guy was.
Speaker 1: He would wake up at five am before the snows, shovel his fucking whole cult de sack and like plow his cult de sack and then come into work with the torn acl and then go perform like nothing's wrong. He wore the same thing every day, the Carhart jacket, his fucking car Heart hat, jeans, his work boots. He's just a fucking man. He's honestly, I think I think he could be from the lineage of Chuck Norris. I think he's got Chuck Norris in his blood.
Speaker 2: He does. He does. Like that comparison right there. He really really might have Chuck Norris's blood line.
Speaker 1: Who else is in Chuck Norris's bloodline from the lineatriots area, Yeah, he's a little Chuck Norrisonal.
Speaker 2: That lineman that was not a UFC fighter, but he was a wrestler O'Neil.
Speaker 1: Steve Steve Neil.
Speaker 2: Oh, that guy was a savage man. Yeah, dude, he remember he was a dog. I remember he didn't have shoulders for like two years. Like he literally, like we remember watching in the pregame the trainers that have to like zip his shoulders in and like he couldn't use him and like he didn't have an Emmy, he didn't fuck up one play, he could barely move his shoulders. He just go drinkle four local after the game and get wild. It's amazing how these offensive linemen can have so many injuries and they play in these games and play the whole year and you don't even know that they don't even have these injuries as well. I mean, you know hard it is for a skill player to play through an injury because you're just trying to drive so much force and you got to run at such a speed. I mean, it's it's really hard to do that as a skill player, but it's a little bit easier as an offensive lineman because you don't have to have that.
Speaker 1: Speed that Yeah, you know there's a lot of stress.
Speaker 2: There is, but it's just incredible that they still do it. Like like it's you know, how much they got to be compensating like a muscle group, Like you have a blown out knee or blown out shoulder, and you're just compensating your whole body to develop that force that you need to block the guy in front of you. It's amazing just how smart they are as players to be able to do that, especially a guy like Logan Mankins or even Steve O'Neil's situation when talking about he didn't even have shoulders and he was going out there just blocking fools left and right.
Speaker 1: I remember there was those rumors that we were going to trade him, trade for him back member. There's a couple I know, me too. I wish we got to have Manx. That was the craziest thing. Man we had. We had some really good linemen and he was at the top of some of those those who.
Speaker 2: Would you say is on the Patriots Rushmore Mount Rushmore, It's alignments Mount Rushmore off, It's alignment for the New England.
Speaker 1: Patriots, because I I that'd be tough for me to call because we didn't I didn't know the guys before us.
Speaker 2: We'll just put two at the top right now, that I that I guaranteed, Matt Light and Logan Makings any I mean.
Speaker 1: You could, yeah, I would say those two are from who I played with man time. What kind of dude is Logan Mankins? Now, I mean he he's a stud. Anytime you're you're coming from Fresno State in the whack first team All State and then get drafted in the first round the National Football League as a tackle transfer to guard, played a bunch of tackle when we needed him to, and we used to do that with Logan, remember that, like kind of what they did with Tuney and the Chiefs this year. You could say that he's a stud, you could say that he's a dog, but I'm thinking though, he's a dude's dude as well.
Speaker 2: Dofinitely a dude's whizz. He's basically everything. He's every category here, but we gotta stamp him as one.
Speaker 1: And on three, one, two, three freak and because he's all of them, he's a fucking freak. I mean, you play on a torn aco and he wasn't like he was just sitting there. This guy was like our pulling guard. He was running all right.
Speaker 2: So he's never missed a game due to an injury, even though he's been disabled while playing. That's freaky. That's some freaking.
Speaker 1: That's off right there. That's freaky.
Speaker 2: And him just how strong he is. He's a country freak jewel.
Speaker 1: He's country strong. He is, yeah, the definition of corn fed strong, like big ass hands, freaking wolverine healing abilities, First team All State in basketball. Never see him shoot a basketball, but it's in California. So there's fucking good basketball, Like I mean, Jesus Christ, Logan macons is and he's got Chuck nor Norse lineage. I think he's got Chuck Norris blood. Shout out which one is he? Case Loris, let me see him. Look at fucking cakes.
Speaker 2: Case Makins defense.
Speaker 1: There's another. There's a couple of little boys. There's a couple of girls. Those little boys are they were? They used to beat the ship out of each other talking. I would sit there at Thanksgiving watching those boys. We'd have game on. I just watched these guys. They were slugging each other. I'm like, damn, they're gonna be tough. And that's why he's a fucking freak.
Speaker 2: He has a freak. He's a freak of a.
Speaker 1: Da Kayley played softball Bentley, Yeah, I remember. It's just really good.
Speaker 2: He has a freak of a family. This guy is just a freak overall.
Speaker 1: He's a freak.
Speaker 2: Man love him and Joels. Before we get going, I got a question to ask you. What was the best dish that you ever had at a Lineman Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa? And this is gonna be very hard because Dan Conley. This was like a pot luck. Everyone would bring shit. Dan Conley used to make things from scratch. This guy made homemade marshmallows for the fucking hot chocolate. Homemade hot chocolate that he made a homemade marshmallow one and they were spectacular. It was the best fucking hot chocolate and marshmallow I ever had. And it was after the turkey dinner around the campfire. Of course. Well you know the limon drink beer. I was drinking hot coco with the kids. I'd have to say he made some kit dan Conley used to make some really good stuffing. I think his brother is a chef, and now he he made beer. He made the beer we were drinking. He had a gastro pub in the fucking in the garage. I mean it's crazy. I would say dan Conley anything he made spectacle. He did every style turkey. He would fry one, smoke one, bake one barbecue one. This guy was Betsy fucking crockerle in there. So I'm going with that stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, you better watch out. The Mankins might be coming for you.
Speaker 1: Well the Macans they always had good shit too.
Speaker 2: Nope, but you didn't rank it as the best.
Speaker 1: I can't I'm going Dan over the mankins.
Speaker 2: I think you better watch your back, do I know?
Speaker 1: Car might be going. We'll be right back after this quick break, Let's get into the chills due the week brought to you by our favorite beer, Coors Light. It Coors Light delivered straight to your door. Visit Coreslight dot com. Slash dudes and celebrate responsibly. Let's crack one, boys.
Speaker 2: Jules, give me a toss. Oh oh, touchdown. And for this week's Chellis Dude of the Week, we're going to put ourselves in some other dude shoes. Oh yeah, we're switching it up.
Speaker 1: That's right, It's time for another edition of soul Searching.
Speaker 2: Soul Searching all right, I'm going skiing on those blue mountains one day, actually tubing. I prefer skiing would be tough. You gotta be a pro tom you know, ski those mountains.
Speaker 1: But is it pretty anyone? It's a jagged mountain.
Speaker 2: Anyone can tube down there any mountains. You gotta pick your line when I do.
Speaker 1: But I'm I wonder, I wonder what mountain they use? The mountain range on the court is kind or is this is this a fucking computer generated one. That's gotta be a real Colorado Rocky. What tip is that? What's what's that? Mount Wilson Peak? What's that? Castaway?
Speaker 2: Great movie?
Speaker 1: All Right? If you were cam Ward and you got drafted number one overall to the Tennessee Titans, what would you do?
Speaker 2: Well? First off, isn't he wearing the number one, which was Warren Moon's number? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And was that number retired and Warren Moon gave him permission to wear it? I think that's the case. Well, first off, I would want to make Warren Moon proud of him for letting me, for letting him wear number one. That's a dude's dude move right there. I would watch old Warren Moon highlights right off the bat, just warn Moon, just Warren Moon. Because I'm wearing his number. It's retired. I watch all his highlights, and the very first touchdown that I throw or score rushing, I would do the most signature Warren Moon touchdown, celebration dance or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: Got to hit the YouTube archives for that one.
Speaker 2: Yep. So that's what I would do if I was Camore.
Speaker 1: If you were, If I was, I'd probably just buy an F one fifty. Maybe a Stenson cowboy hat and some boots and you know, do the whole Nashville thing. It's pretty country.
Speaker 2: But I wouldn't want to hang out on Broadway too much, jose might that might be two.
Speaker 1: I've never been to Nashville.
Speaker 2: It's a great city.
Speaker 1: I've heard it's a fun city, popping, popping.
Speaker 2: I can tell you this, Jewels, don't go there. You graduated, all right, You graduated from Vegas. You graduated from Miami. You don't need to go to Nashville. Now, brother, what do I go?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: No, you go to a pizza. If you're going to piza, bring me. Actually, you see you're allowed at a piza if you bring me. But you need to go to a beach. Beaches, yeah, with an ocean, far away from Broadway. Old Alf, you go call me.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: If you were Pope Leo the fourteenth, what would you do? Jules?
Speaker 1: Pope Leo the fourteen believe he is a Bears fan?
Speaker 2: Yeah, cho Chicago, He's from Poicago. Pope Gagogo is a White Sox fan.
Speaker 1: Man, the what would I do?
Speaker 2: We went to Villanova?
Speaker 1: Went to Villanova? How went along?
Speaker 2: How Ross Ventron.
Speaker 1: Ross Ventrones intrones, the whole ventrons. What would I do? I would probably if I was the pope, I'd probably give I would give Billy O'Brien a call hold on because I remember once I asked, since Boston College is a Catholic university, how come the Pope isn't sending Billy O'Brien n I l money. Shouldn't there be a fun.
Speaker 2: Point and Billy O'Brien deserves it? Yeah, great coach trying to I think program.
Speaker 1: There should be a feeder to the CA athletic schools, Notre Dame, Boston, a few others that I don't know, but there's got to be some kind of I mean, there's a lot of money in that Roman Catholic church, and we've all seen Conclave and we've seen the da Vinci Code. We know that there's money to be spent, so maybe maybe throw it out to get BC. I'd call Billy O'Brien, maybe say, hey, buddy, he's a sports fan. I hope he's a sports fan. It's a first American pope.
Speaker 2: I like the idea. Would you like that situation? If I was the pope, Yeah, I would pray and I would pray for calib Williams. Yep, that's it's pretty good. And then I would pray again. I want to just pray for Calib Williams. I pray for the Bearess organization.
Speaker 1: Do you think do you think the Pope, this pope right here, has already set a prayer for the Chicago Bears. And I mean he's he's probably you know, giving out a couple prayers ever since he got the call.
Speaker 2: Definitely the White Sox. Definitely he's been seen out of the World Series before.
Speaker 1: What year was that long ago?
Speaker 2: Two thousand and five, two thousand and five, almost twenty actually twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: Guys a fool fans.
Speaker 2: Guy's a legend. So he they win that game for the White Sox.
Speaker 1: Did they win the game? Because maybe maybe they should? Maybe maybe the Chicago Bears if the Pope, if the pope's at the game, the Bears are gonna win. Oh, they looks like they won that game Game one World Series. Oh they swept the series after he went. So if I'm the Chicago Bears, I'm calling the Pope. I'm saying, hey, yo, we got we got the popemobile. We got the popemobile. You know, he has a special car with like the thing they have a Potmobile.
Speaker 2: You never seen itobile.
Speaker 1: I never seen the give me the pomobile. It's fucking crazy. I saw out the museum once. Look at the Popmobile. Now they went, that's the Potmobile. Bro, How sweet is that? This sweet he can't get shot or anything.
Speaker 2: The pulpmobiles cruising and.
Speaker 1: You see you see what's driving them. That's American Maide right there, buddy, that's a that's a that's a Jeep. That's Chrysler, I think one of the big trees. There's also a Mercedes that's made.
Speaker 2: So you can sell. You can just wait to everyone while you're cruising in the Popomobile.
Speaker 1: Do you think because he's an American pope that like he'll have a Tesla Potmobile?
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Jewels, what would the Gronkmobile look like?
Speaker 2: Well, there was already a Gronkomobile, Jewels. It was the party bus I used to have, and there was a pole in the middle, there was loud speakers, and we just shoved a lot of people in it, as many people as possible. I remember you got that big the gronk Mobile.
Speaker 1: You wrapped it and it had like a What did it have on the side of it?
Speaker 2: A body eye?
Speaker 1: Yeah, body armor with you on it though, right?
Speaker 2: Uh no, no, I wasn't themobile.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I remember we took that thing once to a Red Sox game and people saw Gronk was in there and they were shaking it like he was the goddamn Pope. They were shaking it like oh cock. A couple of bras came up. It's nuts. Couple dozens now there is.
Speaker 2: It wasn't appropriate. What do you think the Sunday ticket? You know, situation is at the VATO.
Speaker 1: If I'm the Pope. Honestly, the Sunday ticket doesn't work anywhere but the United States. It's fucking bullshit. Because I try to use my goddamn YouTube TV in Canada it wouldn't work. So, I mean, you know, the Pope's probably got a line to the NFL. Dude, they got the best of everything. H Like, I want to go if I want to go and like see like the president cool shit is like you know, you go like the back, like you press a button and going behind walls and shit like that. That's all like kindergarten compared to the Pope. Like the pope has like crazy shit where like it looks like Star Wars. Probably you go down, you press a button and you go down an elevator that goes like thirty floors into the earth, and there's like giant fucking buildings underground that the Pope is fucking doing. Like, the Pope's got some crazy shit. Well, if I was.
Speaker 2: The pulp I'd move church to Saturdays so we can watch guilt free football on Sundays.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's good. It's a good one right there.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm not the pulpe.
Speaker 1: Well, that was the chillest dude of the week. Thanks to our favorite beer, cors Like get cors Light delivered straight to your door, visit Corslight dot com, Slash dudes and celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 2: Celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 1: That's been another episode of Dudes on Dudes. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, or wherever you listen.
Speaker 2: To comment on a dude you want us to do, rate and review.
Speaker 1: Call in and ask us questions on the chill Line. That number is five six' one two zero three five seven eight, Nine and remember to Follow dudes On dudes On, YouTube, instagram x, TikTok, snapchat leave message on the full episode at. YouTube we always love reading, those and we'll see you guys next.
Speaker 2: Week dudes On dudes is a production Of. iHeartRadio for more podcasts From, iHeartRadio visit The iHeartRadio, App Apple, podcasts or wherever you get your. Podcasts