Speaker 1: Don't answer the phone. Elvis Duran the Elvis Duran phone tap.
Speaker 2: Here we go to today's phone tap. Dear Elvis, my roommate Brenda and I had to put a deposit down on the apartment we're renting together. Well, we're moving out and we're supposed to get our deposit back naturally, but unfortunately we've had a few problems in the apartment. Well, things like our dog pooping on the rugs, and someone put a hole in the wall during a party. What little stuff like that. We've done everything we can to cover up the problems. I already told Brenda, Hey, we're not getting our deposit bag. She's oh, no, we will. She's expecting a call from the landlord. We're counting on that money we needed. This is going to drive her crazy if we give her a call on the phone tap. This is from Trish. A good phone tap set up, all right. Danielle starts to call to Trish as the landlord, and Trish is expecting her call. Let's see what happens in today's phone tap.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, may to speak to Brenda.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: This is hi Brenda. This is Madeline from the condo board.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm wondering why we're not getting ourt you said she Trish told me that you said we were not getting our deposit back something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because if you read the contract, it says that if there's any damage to the premises, you don't get the money.
Speaker 4: Like, what what are you talking about.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, there's places where obviously your dog's pooped all over the house.
Speaker 4: No, that's not absolutely not true.
Speaker 1: You're gonna tell me that you didn't let your dogs poop in the house because there.
Speaker 4: Are states I did not let my dog poop in the house.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that, because there are spots where it's obvious that it's dog poop and you tried to clean it and.
Speaker 4: Cover it up. So okay, So, like, are you guys running some kind of like deposit scam where you think you can just keep everybody's money because there's just absolutely not happening.
Speaker 1: No, there's dogs in the house. It's not my fault.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to tell you, but you cannot keep that deposit. I'll take you to court. I don't care what it takes, but I'm you cannot keep the money for something that's not there.
Speaker 3: Second of law, there is damage wherever your bedroom and your head board were. So I don't know what kind of crazy sex was going on in the house, but there's like a dance in the wall, and that's going to cost me a lot of money to face.
Speaker 4: Where are you talking about? What are you talking about? Have you been This is a ridiculous. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: Okay, the poop says that you tried to cover up with fabreeze or whatever that you sprayed in the corner.
Speaker 1: It didn't work. We walked in the house and its reeked.
Speaker 4: Like I didn't spray anything. There's nothing on the floor. The floor is fine.
Speaker 1: The floor's not fine. Come see for yourself. You'll smell the poop when you walk into it.
Speaker 4: You know what, you guys have been a pain in my ass since the very first time we moved in.
Speaker 1: No, why didn't you move out right away? Why'd you say?
Speaker 4: Because we didn't? We have to deal with you once we were in there, But now that we're leaving, I mean, I had a feeling that something like this might happen, but I can't like that's why we went through the whole place with a fine tooth comb did you.
Speaker 3: See the shower? What you guys did to the shower? What the drains all clogged from your friaking hair?
Speaker 4: That's short hair, that's not even possible.
Speaker 1: Slob?
Speaker 4: What who are you? You can't talk to people like this?
Speaker 1: I can definitely talk to people like this. I'm on the condo board. We can talk to people anyway.
Speaker 4: We walked fantastic, that's brilliant. Well, I can't wait to go to the condo board and tell them how you've been talking to me on the phone.
Speaker 1: How are you gonnap? Prove how I've been talking to you on the phone with Are you taping it?
Speaker 3: And don't say yes because that's what everybody says, and we know you're not saving it.
Speaker 4: This is not true, So anybody's from the common board could come in and see that that's not true and you're lying and making step up to keep five hundred dollars and then saying all this crap to me and insulting me on the phone.
Speaker 1: Have you ever smelled pooperform?
Speaker 4: Are you crazy? Like? Where's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: If you have, then you can walk into the apartment, you open the door and you go, whoa, that's both.
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 1: Why Are you hanging up on me? You have a problem?
Speaker 4: Are you stalking me? Now? What the hell is your problem?
Speaker 1: I'm just calling to get to the bottom of this, and I want to.
Speaker 4: Shove it up your madeline. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: When are you coming down for the tourney in the morning?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's not the morning.
Speaker 1: That's okay, that's not good for me. Give me another time.
Speaker 4: How about noon?
Speaker 1: Moun Noon's not good for me? You see you again.
Speaker 4: You're just gonna try to like make it so that I can't come down there and so that you can.
Speaker 1: Honey, I'm trying to schedule a tour for you. You're cooperate time.
Speaker 4: You're telling me that nothing's available about how about twelve fifteen? Yes, fine, twelve fifteen.
Speaker 1: Now that doesn't work for me either.
Speaker 4: You just said twelve to fifteen.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean to say that. Sorry.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you're telling me all these things are true, and now you're just like being a jerk on the phone, and I don't understand.
Speaker 3: I don't because this is Daniel Manarrow from Elvis Durant in the Morning Show.
Speaker 1: You just got phone tapped, Trisha?
Speaker 4: Are you there? Oh my god?
Speaker 3: I Trisha decided to call and tell you that you weren't get your money.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I can't.
Speaker 1: I hate you. Elvis Duran phone tap. This phone tab was pre recorded with permission granted by ALI part series The Elvis Duran Phone Tap, only on Elvis Duran in the Morning Show