Speaker 1: I know there's probably a lot of hangovers right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the day after Halloween, a lot of candy hangovers is west.
Speaker 1: It can really come really easy. No, Brooke, you got a rally because tonight's night too. You can still go out. It's hallow weekend. What it would be like to be in my twenties again. Yeah, that's good. Alexis so happy.
Speaker 3: I'm sober.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a back to back.
Speaker 2: Classics coming up for you, and please if you missed our costumes yesterday, go to our socials.
Speaker 1: It's at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: And we always like to start, of course, these podcasts with a great comment from one of our listeners.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jacu commented, is anyone from Finland? Or am I alone? And I went and checked.
Speaker 2: It's so far this month we have had twenty thousand downloads from people in Finland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all used Jaku.
Speaker 3: Then I'm guessing those other people.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it all right, Finland you're representing. Thanks so much for being here.
Speaker 1: Definitely have a comment.
Speaker 2: We love to read them, and we're going to start your back to back classics right now.
Speaker 3: Picture you walk into a big Halloween house party. Okay, cool, first thing you do check always, that's what you got to scan the room for potential hookups. At three o'clock, you see Brook. She's dressed as an old lampshade, hooked up to a working EMT monitor.
Speaker 4: She's yelling, get it, I'm the light of your life.
Speaker 3: It's funny because it's not super obvious serious.
Speaker 5: You keep scanning the yeah yeah, yeah, and standing far far away from Brook is the single sexiest woman you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: So well, you don't know who it is yet, No, you gotta go find now. That's why you slug back your cup of Gulschlager over and you over confidently try out some words, and those words ruin everything, much like how Brook ruins her own costume by trying to explain it. But you know what, that's what up to one of our listeners recently who tried out a pickup line that was cringey, not just on one level, but on multiple levels, and he quickly realized it. You're gonna hear it for yourself when we do a second date update. That's coming up.
Speaker 6: Next Second Date update. Apparently, there are a lot of Halloween parties this year. We've gotten more than a few requests for second date updates from people who met someone while being at one this over the past weekend.
Speaker 1: People are getting back to it, man.
Speaker 3: And so I don't know if we're going to be able to get to all of them. That's why I'm just gonna choose today's based on costume alone.
Speaker 1: Oh I like that ballad and that's why.
Speaker 3: I picked Scott, who went as a car crash test dummy.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good costume.
Speaker 4: That's my favorite character to play with in Fortnite.
Speaker 3: So Scott, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, solid, solid choice.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean working with Brooke, we see so many weird complicated cos it's basically like a riddle to try and figure out what she is. That's why I really appreciate your straightforward costume.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely. I went to school a little bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean I'd like to say last year I was a dumpster fire and it totally made sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: But Scott, go ahead, tells about the person that you met at this party. Who are they?
Speaker 7: Okay? Her name is Lauren Okay, very very pretty, and she was dressed like l Woods from the movie Ilegally Blonde.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, that's a great costume, all pink, a pink lawyer. And it's not like it's not like you're sexifying something that shouldn't be sexy either, Likeese Witherspoon is sexy.
Speaker 1: No, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You're not like sexifying like the dumpster fier or something like. It's just an awesome costume because it's darling.
Speaker 1: You look good.
Speaker 3: So you complimented her costume, Scott.
Speaker 7: Well, I tried. So I didn't really know the movie.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so you didn't know who she was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I never saw Why would I see legally watch it?
Speaker 1: It is a treasure. I don't remember ruining everything you're saying. It's so good.
Speaker 3: I don't call it a treasure.
Speaker 1: Is it's such a good movie.
Speaker 3: All right, So what did you do with Lauren?
Speaker 7: Well, I thought she was a sexy flight attendant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's that like pink suit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I kind of it was a very stupid, cheesy line of like join like the mile High club.
Speaker 1: You needed to bend and snap.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: How did she react to that comment, Well, she was a little confused because she didn't understand where that comment was coming from. Yeah, Like she explained the movie to me, and I was like, oh, okay, that makes way more sense.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's like, wait, is it like the ex wife of Tiger or something.
Speaker 3: It's hard to uh, hard to start off a sexy conversation like that understanding, and most people spend so much time on you.
Speaker 4: If you don't get it right away, it's almost like a low blow.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Were you able to get back on your feet after that?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Were able to talk? And you know, she asked me about my costume and was asking me all like certain questions about like the car accident I was in, And I'm like, oh, this is really great because like she's really obviously do what my costume was and like was really going along with it.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 7: We talked for pretty much the rest of the night, and it felt I felt connected by the end. I thought it was really cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, So wait, this was the party your date or did you guys actually go out after you met?
Speaker 7: No? No, we just we met at the party.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Was there any like romance that happened during the party, because it sounds like you just spent an hour or two talking about each other's costumes, just figuring him out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, towards the actually probably the back half of the conversation stuff, I went and grabbed us both a couple of red yellow shots syringes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, those are fun.
Speaker 7: Yeah okay, and then we kind of intertwined our arms and squirted them into each other's mouth. Kind of hot. I kind of like that.
Speaker 3: It's an interesting.
Speaker 4: If you do them enough, you're not going to remember the next Yeah.
Speaker 3: So what about any intimacy? Did you get a hug? Did you get a kiss?
Speaker 1: Maybe you're not get on him for saying things like that. What intimacy like? Not a makeout session? But you're fine. You're using like words like old stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can you focus on me? Can you focus on Scott. We're trying to help out Scott Brooke.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you make out, Scott?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we did not make out before things got to that point. She did have to leave, But before she left, though, she gave me her phone number, okay, said in a sexy voice for me a legal counseling.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's cool. Have you reached out to her?
Speaker 7: I texted her twice and she has not responded to me.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 4: You're not saying anything weird, right, you're just saying Hi, it's me, Like, does she know who's sexing her?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean I try to reply with some type of quote or something from one of the movies, but I think accidentally like ran it the second one, and it was not quite as quotable as the first one. I guess I don't.
Speaker 1: Remember the second one. I don't know most people watch that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's why I go to college.
Speaker 2: Besides her giving obviously her number to you, did you get any other indication like did you guys talk about future dates or planned?
Speaker 7: Not necessarily, not really, It's not like the end of the first Daid conversation. It was kind of like, hey, this is fun, Like can I get your number?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, she offered me the numbers?
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean, and she said it in that sexy, you know, like el Wood's legal counseling way. Did you deliver something sexy back to her like, oh, well, I hope to have a head on collision with your face face that funny jock that was Yeah, Well, at least it's something I don't know. I'm just trying to tie it in anyway.
Speaker 1: I'll be your airbag.
Speaker 2: Him.
Speaker 3: Let's play a song. We'll come back, We'll call Lauren for you, and we'll try and get you your second date update you sexy crashed as dummy second date update. Scott's first date at a Halloween party recently sounded a lot like our office Halloween parties. Just confusing, disappointing, and at the end absolutely zero action. It's just a lot of wait, what are you supposed to be?
Speaker 7: No, wait, what are you.
Speaker 1: Supposed to be?
Speaker 4: Brust's action though somehow.
Speaker 1: It's good for something.
Speaker 3: Boys. That's how Scott ended up meeting Lauren, who went dressed as l Woods. He thought she was a sexy flight attendant. But anyway, that confusion got them talking and drinking together, hanging out, and it went so well that she even offered Scott her number before she left. But weirdly, she hasn't responded to any of his texts since. So, Scott, sorry for pointing out that you didn't get any action, But you know what, that's what we have the second date updates for. We can't guarantee it, but we all hope for action.
Speaker 2: That sound good, Scotty, I mean, do you have any guesses as to what she's gonna say when we call her and ask why she's not returning your text.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure. Maybe the COSU, maybe things I would look different outside of it, I'm not I don't know, honestly.
Speaker 1: Test trash dummy.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, if you get it, if you get a number where nude onesie is a man to be a test crash test dummy, you must look great in that out because that is a hard one to pull off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, for the record, I was one that called you a sexy rash test on me first, so I called you that three minutes ago. But if you want to thank Brook, you know, for the late comment on it, that's fine too. Anyway, I'm gonna die Lauren's number and we'll try and get your second date up till you ready. Man. Appreciate it, you sexy man. Let's do it.
Speaker 10: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hi? Is this Lauren?
Speaker 10: Yes speaking Hey Lauren.
Speaker 3: My name is Jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. And I apologize for saying Jeff like in a weird way.
Speaker 1: My name is Jeff.
Speaker 3: Sorry I caught myself on that one. But no, this is a morning radio show, Lauren.
Speaker 1: Okay, why it's a great question, yea, Lauren.
Speaker 3: Well, we're doing a segment called the Second Date Update, where we help our listeners reconnect with people that they've gone out on dates with recently.
Speaker 10: How did you get this number?
Speaker 3: Well, someone that you the other night gave it to us because they said that they had a great time hanging out with you. In fact, you were the one that gave them your number.
Speaker 10: I haven't been on any dates in like longer than i'd like to admit. Actually, yeah, it wasn't a date.
Speaker 1: It was a Halloween party.
Speaker 3: His name's Scott.
Speaker 10: Oh uh.
Speaker 3: You remember Scott.
Speaker 4: He was a crash test dummy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, I remember him, and.
Speaker 3: You remember giving him your phone number, saying to call.
Speaker 10: You, yeah, if he needed legal counsel.
Speaker 1: Wait, but you were addressed as el Wood So that was like the joke.
Speaker 10: Right, Yeah, well I was, But I'm actually a lawyer also, wit, So like you gave.
Speaker 2: Your number because like in case, he wanted to be your client, like for real?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean he told me this terrible story about an accident he was in recently, and I thought he might need representation.
Speaker 2: No, wait, so you were interested in maybe dating him?
Speaker 1: You weren't thinking of it that way.
Speaker 10: I hadn't really thought about it. I thought we were just, you know, having a friendly conversation at a party.
Speaker 3: I thought he got you a drink.
Speaker 7: Maybe.
Speaker 3: What I mean is there was no like, hey.
Speaker 4: Can I grab you a drinks?
Speaker 1: People all the time, but I did this shot thing. Remember he said they did syringes with him, yeahed each other.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I guess, I mean I probably with a dozen other people.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I was reading it wrong.
Speaker 3: Alcohol was a factor. I mean he felt like there was a connection that you guys had, that you guys were talking for a long time and hanging out, and that's why you gave him the number.
Speaker 10: I mean, it was really loud in there. To be honest, I guess there was a misunderstanding clearly.
Speaker 1: Oh no, okay.
Speaker 2: Alright, this isn't bad. I mean you're not saying no. You just weren't thinking of it as a time like are you saying right now?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Do you remember how attractive and hot he was and the crash test suit?
Speaker 10: Uh well, I mean he was wearing a helmet, So Lauren, Hello, I.
Speaker 7: Was dressed up as a crash test dummy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she got that.
Speaker 10: Uh Scott.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Scott's been on the other line listening this entire time. Laurence.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh, it went with my costume because I was a crash test dummy.
Speaker 2: You made the story up about the crash you were in, that she was offering you legal advice.
Speaker 10: Let me see him made everything up. Like, turns out, I don't know anything about you.
Speaker 7: You were telling me all about being a lawyer, but I thought you just were doing the same thing I was and coming up with a backstory.
Speaker 3: You thought that when she was telling you about el Woods, you didn't know that she was a real lawyer. You thought she was just making a thing about being el Woods the whole time.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I thought she either like really researched it or really watched the movie a lot, because she was like very knowledgeable about being a lawyer.
Speaker 3: Though you were really a dummy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like method acting. Yes, you were method acting, but it was really real life.
Speaker 3: You guys are really good acting. Yeah. So, Lauren, are you understanding he wasn't in a real crash.
Speaker 10: I mean, I get it now, but you had a lot of things to say about this accident. I assumed it was real.
Speaker 7: I just had fun making it up. I just I like picking up stuff that you're like lying.
Speaker 3: Like how detailed are we talking here?
Speaker 10: How dark? I mean describing the way the cars were coming, and like what I would ask him about as a lawyer, like.
Speaker 4: I got And then I went, oh no.
Speaker 3: And Lauren's actually taking notes like you do. Actually I think I have a case absolutely conversation.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what a funny misunderstanding.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, now you guys know that that's.
Speaker 3: Not the case, right, You guys do realize that, right, He's not a real crash test dummy, and Scott, she is a real lawyer.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, okay, Okay, established that, And now I'm wondering, is there still a connection between you guys.
Speaker 4: You guys should just get to know each other.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean I heard a lot about her being a lawyer, and apparently I just thought it was all fake, but apparently it was all real. So I do feel kind of like I know a little bit about what she does and I would very much like to go on a real date.
Speaker 10: No more about her, okay, O, Well, I mean I feel like I don't know anything about you.
Speaker 7: Scott.
Speaker 1: He's a good liar. Yeah, oh, he's got a vivid imagination is what she should take.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that one.
Speaker 3: What do you actually do for a living, Scott, I'm an engineer. What type of engineer are you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: A train engineer, like an airplane engineer? Yeah, technical engineer, Because you mean, there's so much confusion. I just want this to be as clear as possible.
Speaker 7: I'm an electrical engineer. I like the design telephone poles and things of that nature.
Speaker 3: You design poles.
Speaker 4: There's like, I got a new idea for this one straight and it's all worse.
Speaker 3: You're a genius, Scott surprised, I guess so.
Speaker 1: But that's cute. I think he's really cute. Lauren.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, Lauren, what do you think, like, would you be willing to go out on an actual date with Scott because we would pay for it?
Speaker 10: Well, I feel kind of bad about ignoring you considering how this all played out. Maybe coffee okay.
Speaker 7: Oh absolutely, that'd be great.
Speaker 12: Yeah, okay, I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we can afford that. We probably can't afford your legal fees, so that was well.
Speaker 10: Maybe we shouldn't call it a date. I feel like I just need to to meet you again for the first time so we can get to know each other a little bit.
Speaker 7: Is it cool my costumes?
Speaker 1: Okay, funny guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at that. A fake lawyer who turns out to be a real lawyer meets a fake crash test dummy who turns out to be a real Dummy's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I know Scott was just joking about bringing his costume to their little date meet up thing, but I really do wish he would show up to that coffee shop dressed as a crash test dummy.
Speaker 2: Why, just so that other people can be weirded out when he walks it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we shouldn't have to be the only people exposed to that. Yeah, that's true. But we were able to get them a second date.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Another positive is now date? Well, yeah, that's true. It was you know, it felt kind of like a pity meeting out.
Speaker 4: Okay, eating up together after she was he wasn't getting a call back.
Speaker 3: It's a date, Okay, they're fall in love, definitely, Well, it's a date. Another positive, though, is that now we have a lawyer friend. Yeah, and she's going to help us sue whoever we want power.
Speaker 1: I don't think that this is healthy no, that's in the agreement.
Speaker 3: When you do a second date up it's going to help me. Remember, if you want to get a second date update, you can always email the show. We'll call the person who wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: The picture a strobe light with blaring music. Okay, a bunch of minions doing the worm it's really cute in a cobweb table with an empty candy bowl right in the middle.
Speaker 1: Because I ate it.
Speaker 3: One of our listeners found themselves in the middle of an epic Halloween house party. Okay, and he thinks he found a girl to date there. I r L. But something happened on the way over to the Daker remix, and we're about to get to the bottom of it. It's the real reason why she's not calling him back, because honestly, he doesn't even remember. Oh, it's a Halloween themed second date update coming out next second date up date. You ever hooked up at a Halloween party before where you got a sexy nurse on top of a fireman, on top of the clown from it, on top of four David Hasselhoffs, I've seen it, I've done it. Hashtag best Halloween ever.
Speaker 1: It's unknown. I thought he was a sexy nurse.
Speaker 3: But by the end I wasn't even sure what I was. But one of our listeners also had a Halloween party hookup, and now he's calling for our help. His name's Andrew. Andrew. Welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 13: Hey guys, happy to be here.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, did you have a good It sounds like you had a great Halloween party, so you.
Speaker 13: Know, it's a bit complicated. There were good things, they were a bad thing. Okay, So I met this really hot girl, her name was Lexi at a Halloween party.
Speaker 3: Triggering.
Speaker 4: It's triggering for every hot girl's name is Lexi, and that's my ex girlfriend's.
Speaker 13: Names the hot name. You know.
Speaker 3: What was the scariest thing about the house party?
Speaker 13: Honestly, it was the parking situation.
Speaker 1: Wait what I will say?
Speaker 2: That can be a pain when you're at a house party.
Speaker 13: Don't.
Speaker 1: Let's get man residential streets.
Speaker 13: It was like almost impossible to find a spot. It took me literally forever. But you know, being the genius I was, I was dressed as a shuttlecock, you know, like the thing from Badman.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like it's feathery.
Speaker 12: It's like it was a huge, like white hula hoop on the bottom, and I wore like a red cap on my head.
Speaker 13: That that was one of the worst decisions of my life, just driving with that.
Speaker 3: You were driving with it on. You put it on once you get there.
Speaker 2: But even then, maneuvering through doorways, like the whole thing sounds awesome for a picture.
Speaker 1: And then beyond that, the functionality very lovely.
Speaker 3: I can tell about your costume choice that you weren't planning on trying to hook up with something.
Speaker 13: Nah, I did not think that was in the cards. You know, like I parked far away and just even walking there that wasn't easy. But you know, so I got there and you know, like it's a dark house, like there are lights and stuff on that, but I can't really see and I'm tripping, and you know, there's some people in the streets that I know who are also going there, and like at one point I fell over and they started they tried to roll me.
Speaker 1: That actually sounds kind of that is a sexy entrance.
Speaker 3: Okay, now that we know what you were addressed as in the parking situation, tell us a little bit about LEXI, did you two end up meeting?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 13: So, like I get there and there are people dancing around and stuff, and then it's almost like a freaking movie. Like through the thick of the fog, I see this beautiful girl. She's dressed as a shotgun wedding, which I thought was hilarious.
Speaker 7: It was like like a tight.
Speaker 13: White dress and she had a balloon underneath to make it look like she was preggers, and yeah, she was holding a nerf gun.
Speaker 3: Wow idea. So how did you approach this fake pregnant woman?
Speaker 13: So oh yeah, I was trying to think of like what my move would be, and I saw there were like a bunch of candy wrappers just on the floor naturally, so I tried to do it as like this joke. I'd smoothly walked over her and I was like, hey, so you woke some candy and I held out a bunch of empty rappers.
Speaker 3: Did you do it with that weird voice?
Speaker 4: You get action between the costume and that.
Speaker 1: Is I mean you went through with that idea?
Speaker 13: Yeah, And also I definitely used the voice. The voice is the secret.
Speaker 4: That's how you get that shows you're not taking yourself seriously.
Speaker 3: What was Alexiser's bonds.
Speaker 13: We both started laughing and stuff, and then she was like, oh, so if you can find me a Reese's peanut butter cup, like, I'll give you a reward. So I was like, bet, you know this is my mission now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a candy. Yeah, but you know every cannybal those are always eaten.
Speaker 13: I was walking around trying to find any Reese's cups I could. I walk over to like some of the Harley Quinn's at the party that were like four of them, and so I asked them and no luck, no luck. But then eventually some dude dressed as a zombie just handed me like a whole bunch, had like pockets full of them. He was he was the Reese's zombie. So he helped me out there.
Speaker 1: Kind of smart zombie.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so what was your reward when you got her your her Reese's cup?
Speaker 13: So okay, it should also be mentioned, just for the sake of story. I was drinking a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here we go, I mean, it's a party.
Speaker 13: So I go back and I give her the cups and she's really really stoked, and she tells me your name it's Lexi, and yeah, started to hang out.
Speaker 8: We had a good time, all right.
Speaker 3: The peanut butter cups unlocked the door.
Speaker 1: I would say yes to better than flowers.
Speaker 3: Pay attention, gentlemen. Yeah, so what happened?
Speaker 13: So we had kind of like a best case worst case scenario happening here. Okay, we started making out, and you know, we both wanted, you know, a little bit more to happen, but I'll be honest, we had some costume difficulties and it didn't go too perfectly.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean it's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's amazing you could even reach her lips with the contraction around you.
Speaker 13: We were also both just a tad bit hammered, and I can't remember too many of the detail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So did the hookup end up happening or no?
Speaker 13: No, not really, nothing beyond making out. But I did end up getting her number from a friend of mine w also knew her. But I've got nothing, no response, absolute ghosts saying, bro.
Speaker 4: Like, how did the night end for you?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 13: I I definitely remember falling down a couple of times. Oh no, boy, and I woke up in bed the next morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm just worried that you were maybe reading this wrong because she's not the one that gave you her number.
Speaker 1: You know, I've made out with tons of.
Speaker 2: Different dudes at party, zero intention of either hooking up or ever wanting to see them again.
Speaker 3: We all we know it may have been brooked that you were making out because entire time, she has no.
Speaker 1: Idea I've done this, make out again.
Speaker 3: You don't remember anything, but I want to help you, Andrew, finish what you started that night. Okay, we're gonna play a song. We'll come back. Brook's gonna go out and grab some Reese's Peanut butter cups in the lobby just in case we have to help the situation.
Speaker 1: I'm not lying. I got a secret drawer.
Speaker 3: Okay, go to the secret drawer. We're gonna come back and try and get your second date update with Lexi. All right, thanks guys, All right, hold on second date update. They say the key to a woman's heart is to make her laugh, but the key to a woman's kid is to hand her a Reese's Peanut buttercuff.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, is that me?
Speaker 3: Because one of our listeners, Andrew met a woman named Alexi at a Halloween party. Recently. She told him if he could find her a reses, she'd give him a little reward. Okay, So he did, and they tried hooking up, but had some costume challenges, you know, Plus there was alcohol involved, so it was kind of fuzzy for Andrew remembering how this all ended. We're going to do our best though, to help get him another date. And Brooke, I just got to say, you don't seem as invested as you normally do in these things, Like did the shuttlecock outfit turn you off? For what's going on?
Speaker 1: I just think he may be misreading the whole vibe.
Speaker 3: Right he hunted down. As for her, Brooks, what more do you want from this guy? Usually if it's a one night stand, you're like, whoa, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I'm all for one night stands in fun, But like, I don't think she wanted it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like candy, Yes I do.
Speaker 2: She just wanted the candy and was like, ah, I don'll kiss him like all my own with him, A little bit satisfy the dude, Like she didn't even give him her number.
Speaker 3: Andrew, is that the vibe that you were getting that she just wanted candy from you?
Speaker 13: Honestly. No, we were really having a good time. Yes we were a little tipsy, Yes, Candy was involved, but she seemed to really like me, and I genuinely liked her.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I like you. We'll find out.
Speaker 3: Yeah calling him. Okay, maybe eat some more chocolate and get you in a better mood because we need to make this phone call.
Speaker 1: Now, shake it up?
Speaker 3: You ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: All Remember we're on Andrew's side.
Speaker 1: I know I'm not against him, You're just not really all that.
Speaker 2: And I love his costume idea, you know, I like overly complicated, like ridiculous things to wear on hallowed.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she almost gave you a compliment. You should feel good about that.
Speaker 13: I'll take it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna dial Lexi's phone number. We're gonna trying to get your second date up. Are you ready? Oh yeah, all right, man, here we go.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm looking for Lexi.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, my name is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. How you doing?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: What from a morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, And.
Speaker 8: Oh wow, Yeah, someone was impressed by morning radio.
Speaker 2: I like, Okay, we do a podcast too.
Speaker 3: But uh, we're doing something right now called a second date update, where we help our listeners reach out after usually a date. But I guess you didn't go out on a date with this guy.
Speaker 14: What's his name?
Speaker 3: His name's Andrew.
Speaker 14: Andrew.
Speaker 1: You may remember him as like shuttlecock die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you met at a Halloween party and he was dressed as like a bad minton birdie.
Speaker 14: Yes, oh oh oh, more emotions.
Speaker 3: You asked him to go find a Reese's peanut butter cup for you. Okay, peanut butter cup triggered the memories? There it is that says we have a good story coming there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I don't know do you remember him, because it sounds like you may not remember the night very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know it was a crazy night. You know, it's Halloween.
Speaker 14: We were all drinking.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I briefly remember asking a guy for races.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Well.
Speaker 3: That guy has a name and it's Andrew.
Speaker 2: He said he got your number from like a friend of yours or something.
Speaker 11: Yeah o okay, Yeah, and so Andrew told us all about the night, at least the parts that he remembers, because, like you said, you guys were all drinking, and he's just wondering if something went wrong or if not, if you guys can see each other again.
Speaker 7: Did he tell you anything else?
Speaker 1: He told us that you made out. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: But so we were making out, and you know, we wanted to kind of be in a private area.
Speaker 14: So we went to his car.
Speaker 1: Okay, not like an upstairs bedroom. Both people with large things around them getting into a car.
Speaker 3: How did that work?
Speaker 7: It was?
Speaker 14: It didn't work.
Speaker 2: I love how like a drug guy couldn't figure out how to get his costume just off.
Speaker 1: Can't you just take that part off to get into the car?
Speaker 7: That's exactly it, Like, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: We were so drunk we couldn't figure out how to get his thing off.
Speaker 3: So I'm just picturing the two of you now in the back of the car, just like in mangled outfits, unable to touch.
Speaker 7: It got really awkward and I had to climb up inside his costume, like.
Speaker 13: Like, I love it.
Speaker 1: Guess that's one way.
Speaker 10: To do it.
Speaker 3: Would say that as a joke earlier.
Speaker 4: That's amazing you actually did that.
Speaker 3: You guys are determined to make this happen.
Speaker 2: Clearly, well, you were trying to take it off right, You weren't climbing up there to be sexy.
Speaker 8: Well, I wanted to get what I wanted to get.
Speaker 3: Okay, I hope no one walk by the car. So you're in the back of his car. You climb up inside of his costume. Now he looks pregnant. What's going on next?
Speaker 14: Through his hula hoop?
Speaker 7: And then he's not ready and I'm like, okay, ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, then you I mean, that's quite the crawl of shame.
Speaker 13: Then you.
Speaker 1: Of the shadow talk and you tell him what, like, what are you even saying?
Speaker 3: A sad tunnel? Yes, that's what a crazy story. But I don't think Andrew even knows that happened.
Speaker 2: Do you not know?
Speaker 1: Because he didn't he doesn't he didn't tell us that, not the car, or he didn't tell us that because it's embarrassing. Isn't that embarrassing?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, let's ask if he remembers, Andrew, do you remember any of this happening?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 13: Uh well, first off, high lex nice to hear from you again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lexi, I need to let you know that Andrew's been listening this entire time.
Speaker 1: You want to Oh my god, you're good, Lexi.
Speaker 13: I didn't really remember that bit. I mean, once you started telling it, it started coming back. But I don't think one broken should you know, Negate what could be a very happy.
Speaker 3: I think you shouldn't say broken.
Speaker 4: She wasn't broken. It wasn't even there at least.
Speaker 1: To blame somewhere else man like on the alcohol or something.
Speaker 13: Yeah, mistakes were made, That's all I can say. I'm more than just a pretty face and a shuttle Cock costume.
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 9: It seems.
Speaker 13: I do other stuff, you know, I snowboard, I've seen all of the Sopranos.
Speaker 2: Heyes, are you reading her your dating bio right now?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're doing?
Speaker 13: I'm shooting my shot. You know, she doesn't even know me. She just knows me as some dude in a Batman costume.
Speaker 7: You know, I want her to know me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Remember there's definitely only up to go from that experience that you had with him exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean, let's say, what do you think like? He likes the Sopranos. Do you like the Sopranos? Are you into snowboarding?
Speaker 10: I like those.
Speaker 7: Sopranos, but I don't like snowboarding, So it's half a hack there's.
Speaker 3: Probably more options. What else you got, Andrew?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 13: Would it help if I did a Tony soprano impression?
Speaker 3: Impression Tony sopranos on Brooks like Hall pass list?
Speaker 9: Come on, it's not I kind of want to hear the soprano.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Andrew, the old day the gone, the old days they're gone, Andrew.
Speaker 3: What I really think you need to do is ask Lexi out in an Italian voice? How would Tony soprano ask a lady out?
Speaker 9: Take you down to what shelter you can get and sort of shower you want, any sort of shandwich, and you know, maybe you can go down to the construction side and do a little extra building.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Wow, do you want to check out his meatballs? Lexi?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: My goodness.
Speaker 3: I mean he's a man of many talents, Lexi.
Speaker 4: Is he sounds fun, doesn't he?
Speaker 3: I mean, at this point, we would love to offer to send you guys out on another date, and we will pay for it, only.
Speaker 7: Under one condition.
Speaker 9: That he brings peanut butter cups.
Speaker 3: All right, Tony Soprano, Tony soprano, you got some Reese's hookups?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 7: I got some hop.
Speaker 3: Congratulations you you got a second date.
Speaker 6: You thank you?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you overcame everything. I'm just gonna say that, Okay, Andrew.
Speaker 13: Or I'm an underdog. I gotta do what i gotta do.
Speaker 3: Again, gotta do what you gotta do, get second date.
Speaker 1: It's freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You guys, realize what we just did there.
Speaker 1: It's the impossible, the impossible.
Speaker 3: We matched a guy in a giant badminton suit with a girl dressed as a shotgun wedding.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you know, if we check in on them in a few months and things have actually gone well, they might be celebrating a real shock gun wedding together baby wreath. Yeah, unless he still can't figure it out. No pregnant, but you know, we wish the best for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's actually sweet.
Speaker 3: It was kind of sweet. And you know, millions and millions of stories just like that are going to be happening all over the place at Halloween house parties all across the country.
Speaker 1: I hope everyone learned their lesson about complicated costumes. Problem. Yeah, naked, Yeah, it's a good idea.
Speaker 3: Put a door in it so that people can get in and may pick him up a little bit easily.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to make sure somebody's home once they open the door.
Speaker 3: That's right. Remember, if you want a second ate update, you can always email the show. We'll call the person who wasn't calling you back