Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady.
Speaker 3: I am Jaseelle Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's up. What's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here once again.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you. And this is like our spring break version of Reasonably Shady.
Speaker 1: Yes it is.
Speaker 3: It's spring break time.
Speaker 2: And I know, I know your kids have different spring breaks.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, so we So it's like corey spring break is extra long, and then Carter's I don't know, actually both of theirs are pretty long, but they're just not at the same time. So or there's like a few days, a couple of days, so we have to take Carter out a few days early so that we can be together. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nice, nice, nice.
Speaker 2: Of course, Grace's spring break is different from the twins, but we out here in these spring break streets, so like spring break is different from what it used to be in the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know, well, I mean I just think, Okay, so my spring break, I want to say, like, my most memorable one was when I was in college and we went to Miami. I think I was a junior in college. So it was my first that was like my first time ever to Miami.
Speaker 3: So did you fly?
Speaker 1: We flew?
Speaker 3: Who bought the ticket?
Speaker 1: Maybe my dad's credit card?
Speaker 2: Did he know that? He was saying, think so okay.
Speaker 1: I think so, all right, Yeah I don't I don't remember there being any like issues with the travel. Well, okay, take the back. I think like six of us stayed in a hotel room. Yes, yeah, that's easy. Yeah, yeah, Like one of them was a guy. He stayed in the closet.
Speaker 3: Like it was like I had to stand in closet.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because yeah, Eric allows is crazy, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was in the closet and we were in a So in Miami it was like we didn't this is our first time, so we didn't really know like where we should stay. So we ended up staying like far up. Uh what's the Michelle Collins, Yeah, Colin, Yeah, like we were like way down in you know, like where like the older people are right so like you like in Coconut Grove, not that far, but like you know, we were, we were we were just further up, probably in like the eighties, I don't know, you know what I mean. And but the good thing about that was that the hotel. The room was spacious, so that because there was like six of us in a room, it was it was enough room for us to just feel comfortable at that age. Right, I'm like, I can't believe I didn't want.
Speaker 2: To share room with one person now, right, and all six was in that bathroom.
Speaker 1: That's what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: But that's how in college, like you you know, you live in us a suite with six people, so that was like normal.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, college, I remember I had to share bathroom with like the floor.
Speaker 1: Right or the floor, but you also had like multiple stalls and multiple all that things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I can't even imagine living like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I lived in a suite in college. There was six of us. We have three rooms. Actually, no, it must have been five. Oh no, no, no, it was four because there was a double and then two singles. I mean I've had multiple living situations and one bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I guess you know, spring break is like whatever, right, So we were like all the way down you know, that part of the town, and we had to always just kind of take a taxi to get into the like where it was popping and stuff. But it was like I just remember my head like spinning.
Speaker 2: Why because it was so cool, like going to Miami and going down Ocean Drive and you're just walking past all like the restaurants and the bars and the you know, the ladies dancing and the music blasting and people just like having a good time, and I can remember it's so weird.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how we got here somehow, Wan, you know why. I went to Maryland with us, but Wan didn't come on spring break with us, but one of his teammates was down there with us, and I just remember like walking down the street holding his teammate's hand, and like.
Speaker 3: Why I don't we were just like, were y'all dating? No?
Speaker 1: I was dating Wand but like I don't. I just think in college, like we just all had each other's back, you know what I mean. It was like the guys were gonna make sure the girls were straight. And I probably was drunk and it's probably like, come on, let's go, and I'm like walking down holding his teammate's hands, was like, what is happening?
Speaker 3: He thought y'all were on a date.
Speaker 2: We clear Okay, you might not have known, but y'all was on a date, right, We're not gonna tell wan, but it was.
Speaker 1: Just like, wow, that was like the time. We had such a good time. Yes, and then and then I just know, like your's you know, you go to Miami again and again you're like like, eh, it loses it's it's magic.
Speaker 2: Yes, but then you go as an adult and you know you do different things, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You do different things. You stay different places.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're not tend to a room yeah, right exactly. But there were people going to Miami with not a place to stay. Oh right, yeah, and you would see them at the club with their luggage.
Speaker 3: Right, You're like, what the hell do you have? What are you dragging behind you?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Is that luggage?
Speaker 1: This is so funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I just remember like being in Miami was so fun, having all these memories. And so one year it wasn't spring break, it was more like, uh, I was down there with the kids. We were playing in a basketball tournament. So it was like in the summertime. Yeah, and we went down to Ocean Drive. I was so excited to go down there with the kids and show them like how exciting it was, just like all the activity and they were like I'm ready to go, get me out of here. They were like, what is this?
Speaker 3: Literally, I'm gonna need you to remind Corey of that.
Speaker 2: When he's like, I want to go to Miami for springburk, right right, you'd be like the place that you hated, huh and that you wanted to like scurry to get out of there.
Speaker 1: They wanted no parts because it was just like it was just a lot of people and a lot going on, and they felt like, you know, anything could happen at any moment and people could start shooting, and you know it's guys walking around big snakes on their neck. They were like, get us out of here.
Speaker 2: I got about the snakes around the neck. Yes, Oh my gosh, that was back in the day.
Speaker 3: I mean they're still there.
Speaker 1: They're still there.
Speaker 3: The guy with the snakes are still there.
Speaker 1: They that crazy.
Speaker 2: I have these new snakes on these same snakes.
Speaker 3: It's twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: I think snakes live a long time.
Speaker 3: Do they do they? And what are they eating exactly?
Speaker 1: Oh, we don't want to talk about that nose anyway.
Speaker 3: I think that spring Wrek is needed.
Speaker 2: Like the kids get back to school and they're like, yeah, I need to study because that was I need to make.
Speaker 3: Something of myself. I need to get a good.
Speaker 1: Job exactly right. Yeah, I want to live a good life. Yes, I want to be able to like do this. So no, it's good to expose them to that. But woo hopefully. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So with my it's kind of funny because you know, all three girls of my all three girls next year, will we get three different schools? So I wonder if they had the same if they if they had the same spring break, would they go somewhere together? Oh yeah, they're gonna try to get me involved to have.
Speaker 3: Me paid already know. Oh yeah, no, I'm not getting involved.
Speaker 2: I asked Grace, yeah next year, because I know facilitated her spring break this year.
Speaker 3: Next year, who's paying for this? Because it's not me.
Speaker 2: She's like, I'm going to save all of my money. So I was like, okay, great, because I don't want no parts of this. Right, No one's paid for my spring break, nor I had to save.
Speaker 3: My little money. Are you sure? Like I am positive? Really?
Speaker 2: My dad was like kick rock sis really Well he didn't say that, but he just was like, yeah, no, okay, now yeah in your flight, Well I.
Speaker 3: Think probably a dude probably paid for it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I can't even really remember where I went, right, I mean, definitely Miami was on the on the list, Bahamas a couple of times.
Speaker 3: It just Freeport still exists.
Speaker 1: I don't know what is that. I don't even know what that.
Speaker 3: Is Freeport Bahamas.
Speaker 2: Is that's still a place, still a place?
Speaker 3: Because I haven't.
Speaker 2: Been there since my spring break five thousand years? So you went there for spring break?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really? What about can coon?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Yeah, why did y'all do that to me?
Speaker 2: So many can't coons, so many drunken cant corns.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So all I can say is just governing yourself accordingly. Yeah, be careful, yes, but have a good time, yes, have fun like you only live once.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: And they watered them drinks down though, I'll tell you, my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, Oh what is the place that was it? Wet Willie's?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Is that New Orleans of Miami?
Speaker 3: That's Miami, Miami? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is that is that still there?
Speaker 1: It is still there?
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 2: Alcohol in those things, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: It's like, what is that called grain alcohol?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So in so wet Willies if y'all don't know, for our friends in Switzerland, Wet Willies is like a slurpy place. It's slushy, slushy with alcohol. Yeah, the different flavors, and it's like on a wall. It's like machines that keep running. And so do you go get it yourself or they give it to you?
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, they get they give to you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then you're just drunk.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh wait a minute, and mimerca all day and you're drinking because especially like in Miami, it's hot drinking them, you know, at twelve o'clock noon, one, two three, and you're so you're hot. You're drinking all this alcohol. You're getting dehydrated.
Speaker 3: Sugar, sugar, it's gonna kill you.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. But that was like the experience you had to go down to Miami and go to Wet Willies.
Speaker 2: Yes, And now did you weren't when they serve yellow shots?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: I think if I remember correctly, that's why I knew of a jello shot, right, And then I went home and try to recreate it. So I was like the yellow shot queen maker for a while until I think, I don't know, my friend stopped speaking to me because they were too drunk to something I don't know anyway, I used to make Jelo shots all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was fun, those fun times.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we're on spring break, guys, so we are out of here. We just want to come in and say what's up?
Speaker 3: Yes, and say yes.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the weather, the longer days.
Speaker 2: Yes, the fun in the sun honey, yes, and just you know, pace yourself when you're out there drinking and having a good old time. Just pace yourself because we want you all to come back.
Speaker 1: But I think most of our listeners are probably you know, older, they're Yeah, they're doing different things for spring.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Old people get get crun delicious too.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you I've seen you a time or two, just beyond drunk. Anyway, we love y'all so much and we'll be here next week with a whole full, big old episode.
Speaker 3: So don't ever forget to live your life. Be the reasonable or shady fight