Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Jay is on the phone today for a first date follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Dove. So in a few minutes we'll call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him. But first let's find out about the date.
Speaker 3: Jay. How long has it been since you heard from Dove?
Speaker 4: Almost two weeks now?
Speaker 3: Have you been reaching out to her in that time?
Speaker 4: I did, like once or twice, Like, you know, I'm not trying to be too invasive, you know, I know the chicks like their space.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, which may be happening right now, we don't know. So let's talk about your date, Jay. How did that go? Oh?
Speaker 4: I thought it went pretty well.
Speaker 5: We went to a game, had a couple of beers afterwards.
Speaker 4: Like somebody was going well.
Speaker 5: So she I asked she wants to go to a bar sports boring nearby and she was down and kicked it for a while, and uh, still seems kind of crazy about like she kept asking me like if I'm going to order anything.
Speaker 4: Else to eat? And uh, I'm a big eater.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I made her feel uncomfortable because she was like just chowing down and I wasn't. But like, you know, one of my my good buddies always tells me that I should eat before the day because I'm a little bit of a slob.
Speaker 4: I don't know if she was bothered by that.
Speaker 3: What, Like, I don't know, wew sloppy? Do you eat? Were you like throwing food all over the restaurant?
Speaker 5: And I only have I only have another person's opinion on it, you know who I trust, So I don't know. I mean, I do kind of score barbecue sauce on the shirt, but you know, a couple of drinks then.
Speaker 3: Like on purpose.
Speaker 5: No, No, I'm trying to help her out, like trying to pass it over and.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I have a good conversation outside of the condiment showers or.
Speaker 4: Uh have my I thought?
Speaker 2: So, okay, did it seem like the barbecue sauce on the shirt bothered her?
Speaker 4: No? I mean not that I was aware of.
Speaker 3: You know, we'll see, we can help you out and try to figure it out.
Speaker 2: We'll plays song, come back and then call her and see what hotell us why she's ghosting you, maybe get you another date.
Speaker 4: Okay, ah, sick, I'm gonna put my phone probably on mute. Washing comes on, so it's gonna be a lot of windows, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, that's probably a good idea.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll play a song, come back, give you first day follow up.
Speaker 1: Next first date follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Then little of your first day follow up, and Jay is on the phone. He's getting ghosted by a girl named Doves On a second. We're gonna call her and see if she why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Jay, why don't you refresh our memory on your date before we call her?
Speaker 4: Yow douv and I went to a game kicked it when is sports?
Speaker 1: Far?
Speaker 4: After saw saunor, which apparently is the thing, and uh, then she just dipped and kind of ghosted.
Speaker 6: Now I'm trying to see what's good?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: And you think maybe the barbecue sauce on her shirt might have been the thing that turned her off?
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't before, but you guys kind of made a big deal about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so maybe it's all right, man, we're gonna call her ready, all right, Sie, Okay, here we go. Hello, Hi, I speak to Dove. Please, Hey Dove, how are you? My name is Jebel. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The Jebel Show.
Speaker 3: Hi, Dove, I'm Nina also on the show. Hi, I'm Victoria. How are you? Hi?
Speaker 6: I'm okay.
Speaker 3: Hey, do you ever listen to the show.
Speaker 6: I have been passing. I'll be honest. I'm more of a Spotify kind of gal.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's hey, that's fine. So we do a segment that's called the first Date follow Up. It's where you go out with someone and you end up ghosting them. That person can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. And we got an email about you from somebody. Okay, well, can you think of anybody that you're currently ghosting?
Speaker 6: I mean, I've gone on a couple of dates. I you know, we're all out here trying to make it happen. I had gone on a date a couple of weeks ago. I did have a good time. Okay, what was his name? I think uh Jay? And we like went to a game and I liked him, and there's another guy, Michael, I don't know, maybe Michael or Jay.
Speaker 3: Maybe Michael or Jay. You're right the first time, yes, J Yeah. Jay wants to know why you're not calling back. U.
Speaker 4: Well did my dad did I forgotten? Mute? Oh?
Speaker 2: Jay is on the phone, actually listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Yeah, he wants to know why you're ghosting in.
Speaker 6: Okay. Well, this is a wild experience and when I can truly say I've never had before in my life. Yeah, I mean I what what did she say something that I totally is?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: All right, so yeah, I like thought he was really attractive. I'm really into like, you know, the sorry per saying this way J, but like the dad good look like it's kind of a vibe that I like, and you know, we were really vibing. And and then he like started eating and he wanted a side of mayo for like a dip. But I actually have like a mayo phobia, and I just didn't want him to feel bad, which which is like why I never said anything. But then I kept trying to be cute about it, and twitt like twisted that it wasn't a thing anymore, and I kept trying to like feed him so that he would just skip the Mayo dip. And then you know, even at the end of the night, I like I wanted to kiss him, but like I could an idea, like I deal with like the Mayo in my mind, and so honestly, it was like the Mayo thing, and I maybe probably should have said something, but like now I don't. I mean, that's just it hasn't. I don't know, well, clearly, like this is a strange moment.
Speaker 3: You have a like a male phobia, like a legit f yeah.
Speaker 7: Like it's like everything about it makes me a free but more anything like deeply, deeply viscerally disgusting.
Speaker 6: I think it's like it's a textural thing.
Speaker 7: It's a visual thing. I look at it and like the way that it like looks like in a mound is like it.
Speaker 6: Was just like, oh my god, Like I'm talking about it right now, but if.
Speaker 7: You want to vomit, like I just like it's just like I think about it and my entire body tenses and then I look to smell the smell of it, the idea of what's even in it, Like everything about Mayo makes me nauxious and I also, yeah, I guess at this point it's become like a fear to even be around it because of how it makes me viscerally feel.
Speaker 6: Damn, did not hear that?
Speaker 4: I read something about Mayo like it Actually they said it doesn't have dairy, but I think it does.
Speaker 2: What this is like kind of good news?
Speaker 4: I thought it was the fact that I sostuff your shirt.
Speaker 6: No, that wasn't it. Though it was actually one of my favorite shirts and now it can't come out.
Speaker 4: But no, that wasn't the reason.
Speaker 5: Damn, dude, Like if you would have broke it down for me, I would have stowed up passed that out the window.
Speaker 4: Dude, Like, yeah, that would have been nice. I guess. Yeah, never again to the Mayo, well, dub, even though you.
Speaker 5: Just dissed me, Like, I'm gonna be real, there should only be one turtle Dove, because you're a hell unique.
Speaker 3: Wow, are you sure the Mao is the reason why you were ghosting?
Speaker 6: There's like a little vibe here, like like I was laughing, I had a really good time and just like then, yeah, the Mayo really put the ick in all of this. I couldn't take it. But like you're you're you're a unique little dude, buddy.
Speaker 5: No, I respect that it's better that we learned about the Mayo thing now than like, you know, down the road. Since I put the ick in it, if you go out with me again, we could put the young back in it.
Speaker 2: Would you like to go out with j again on another date? We'll pay for it mayo.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay.
Speaker 7: I would be willing these pickup lines. I don't know if I like them or I hate them. I haven't decided yet that they are making me smile, So I would.
Speaker 6: Be willing to on the condition that for the moment, we just don't include food at all, and we can do some like activity or something that's like really cute, and we can we can re establish the food stuff at a different points on.
Speaker 2: Alignell, congratulations, Jay, you got another.
Speaker 5: Date, so dog like for real, I got hell activities that we could bust through that don't involve Mayo.
Speaker 6: Sounds like a great time.
Speaker 1: Ju Wile's first date follow up