Speaker 1: The Nicki Gliser podcastser here's Nikki.
Speaker 2: Hello here, I am welcome to the show. It's the Nicky Glazer Podcast. My voice is like low in the new Year. It's back baby, Welcome to the show in the new Year. It's me Nikki Glazer. I'm at my home in Saint Louis. Taylor McGraw's here with us. Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello. She's going to be redesigning the podcast studio pretty soon. Very excited about that, just to prove some chairs talking about a wall.
Speaker 3: Talking about a wall. Things.
Speaker 2: They're going to be different around here, guys. Brian Frangie is not here with us today because he is still on vacation. I guess I would not call it a vacation, but he is doing something he likes to do for vacation, which is go to national parks. And he's in Death Valley. What did you say, isn't it so ca? What's c the name Death Valley? Yeah? I thought you met like Brian going, I'm like, whoa, that's fired. But he has the name for it. Sally is so cool. They're like, what should we call it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're like skulls everywhere, rotting flesh.
Speaker 2: How about bone Brook. No, not good enough, boone, mister bones there. Yes, he's in Death Valley. He'll be back tomorrow on the podcast. So don't you worry about that. It's the new year. It's new us. Let's talk resolutions, let's talk like looking back on the air on the Girls Chat, Anya made like a point of being like, let's talk about all the things I loved about this last year. It's really hard because you end up just saying a bunch of things that happened in the last couple months because that's all you can remember. Yeah, you know, like I was trying to review my year and I'm like, everything was like in the fall and winter, because that's just what I remember mostly. But yeah, she went through and then people were doing this thing on Instagram where they post ten photos from their year, which means two months don't get any love. You have to pick two months where nothing cool happened, or maybe even more than that if you double up on some months. Yeah, but I just felt like it's it's just a way to brag about your life. I mean, what else is Instagram? It's the way to brag about your life. I didn't do it because I've just been kind of, you know, going through a little dip in my mood lately, and I'm just like, I don't want to lie right now on Instagram. I don't feel like it. Sometimes I have to post a show picture where I'm like looking dazzling, but I just didn't feel like going through my year and being like, this is all the cool shit I get to do, and twenty twenty four is going to be even cooler. I wanted to just go through and pick the most depressing moments, like screenshots of text messages of fights I'm in with, you know, my boyfriend that I send my friends. That's not a real thing. I don't do that anymore, but just trying to do like my depression chart, where I've written down every date that I'm depressed in my phone, in my notes in my phone, or like just selfies that accidental selfies have taken where they have disgusting like I just want them. That's what I wanted to see because I don't like I could have bragged and then everyone thinks I have such a great life and such a great career, in which I really do. I mean, by all accounts, very lucky person. But I just didn't feel like doing it. Like, there are just some days where I just can't get it up. It's like having sex. I think, trying to be in show business and project that you're killing it. Some people like really sometimes they're just in the mood to do it and they're like always horny to like put it out there and be like moving and shaking. Yeah, most people in the business.
Speaker 4: Because your actual best days, yeah, well the same thing with your actual best days are just laying in bed. Yes, like the day that you hadn't do anything. You're not gonna have a picture of that, so it's just.
Speaker 2: A lie imagined you totally. Yeah, you don't have pictures.
Speaker 3: You're like pictures of you're like this show's good.
Speaker 2: That would be a good Christmas card. Just lying with a bunch of wrappers around you. Yeah. Oh yeah, like biting into a good app.
Speaker 3: The perfect peanut. That's actually my best day.
Speaker 2: Wait, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Like when I get a bag of peanuts then and I get a real good one.
Speaker 2: Like the ones that you have to like crack open, like the shell.
Speaker 4: I like it when they're already opened so that they're real salty inside, and then you yeah, you open the shell and then it's like, but they're already opened, like they have a little hole in them. You have there's ones with holes in the shell that get you started. Yeah, it's a little bit zip block like they have like a ding that one in the bag that's already a little cracked, so the salt gets in it.
Speaker 2: In it And why why don't they just put salt in those anyway? Find a way if this is the perfect peanut.
Speaker 3: Remember I used to eat the peanuts and you used to eat the shells.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love those shells. What because they're so salty? They're edible? Yeah they yeah, you could, but I mean they're not good. I think I had five. Oh yeah, I was definitely pikey or whatever. I was definitely craving whatever. And I would choke violently because it's like a really bad part of a thing to eat. And did you know that our teeth have decay? And sorry to talk about teeth tailer, but like, do you know that we cavities and all this stuff because our food is too soft and that our jaws are all like just our jaws are mushy now. And we used to have like a really really great jaws because we used to eat food that actually like was hard to eat, and I was reading about it on Reddit or maybe it was a Reddit post on Instagram, but it was something about I want to find it because there's something about how are like. The question was like, why didn't cavemen like just die of tooth or they have teeth left? They used to have to rip stuff up. Yes, they were eating rocks essentially.
Speaker 3: All like like the little shrub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so it's an explain like I'm five, Subreddit, explain like I'm five years old? Why do teeth require so much effort to maintain? And then someone said they require more effort to maintain because modern diets are filled with sugar and are softer than what we'd normally eat before the advent of agriculture. Fossils of humans before the advent of agriculture didn't have crooked teeth with cavities. They didn't have crooked teeth. Now they all had like gleaming, no crooked teeth, veneer smiles. These cave men had, like Hillary Dye.
Speaker 4: It's crooked teeth are from industrialization, No fucking way.
Speaker 2: Why do you think British people, what do you mean? Because it started their industrialzation started.
Speaker 4: They're there, yeah, and they're the oldest, you know, like people that have been eating crap for the longest amount.
Speaker 3: Of time, and that's why they have.
Speaker 2: The size of our jaws is dictated by genetics and the toughness of the food we eat. Eating softer foods means jaws don't grow big enough to accommodate all the teeth we have, so they grow crooked and are hard to clean. Diets filled with sugar means any leftover sugar in our mouths gets converted into acid by bacteria in your mouth. And then someone said, wait, so I'd have a stronger jaw line if I just ate more carrots growing up. And someone said, when people talk about older humans having better jaws because they ate harder food, they don't mean like carrots. They mean food hard enough that modern people would consider it inedible, twigs and peanut shells.
Speaker 4: It's not just your childhood, it's also from years so like you also start to also when you're in utero, then you're eating everything your parents are.
Speaker 3: You have teeth in your utero, do you know, But your.
Speaker 4: Jaw isn't growing and it's not providing like the you know.
Speaker 2: It's teeth to grow. Yeah, it's so gross that we are all just like chopping on yogurt. So we're just all bush mouthed bread bread and bean bread beans.
Speaker 4: Because I have fightic acid, which is the thing that the bacteria feeds on.
Speaker 2: Whenever I sweat, I always try to get my shirt off as quickly as possible because I know the bacteria will get to it from my body. And if you you okay, so listen. So if you go to the gym and you just sweat through your shirt really fast, like you end to workout or thirty minute workout like intense, and you're stopped with sweat, never happened to take off your shirt, hang it up, smell it later. It won't stink as much as if you leave it on, because what sweat itself doesn't stink. It's the bacteria when they go and then they farted.
Speaker 4: So you don't want your I want my shirt to stink so that it soaks it off of me.
Speaker 3: Eh, I don't think that's all.
Speaker 2: I think it just means you stink too. I just want to prove. I just want to prove to myself. Sometimes I want to rewar a shirt that I've sweated so hardened, and sometimes when I work out at a hotel, I don't like packing like my wet clothes, So I'll hang it up and then the next day it'll be dry and I'll smell it. I'm like, Wow, it doesn't smell dirty, even though this thing was sopping wet, because I took it off fast enough and it didn't get the bacteria didn't get to a feast on it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna do that with my Rob Thomas shirt that I wear at the gym every day.
Speaker 2: What Rob Thomas shirt?
Speaker 3: I didn't ever tell you that?
Speaker 2: Like, no, that a couple of days after we went met Thomas. Yeah, I mean that highlight of twenty twenty three for me.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the number one Rob Thomas for highs.
Speaker 3: I'm still looking up.
Speaker 2: Wait, dude, there's a new Rob Thomas song. I discovered that. I am so obsessed with ways again. Tell me about the shirt you found?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, So I found a shirt at the thor of Story that was just all the lyrics of a man.
Speaker 3: It's a hot one.
Speaker 2: Sure would have like spit around? Was that real?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What was it? When did we do that? Was that? April or may or something.
Speaker 3: It was warm out yeah, so yeah it was hot.
Speaker 2: I think it was a hot warm.
Speaker 3: I think it was June.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was something like that. It was amazing before that, No, it was it was like July. I remember being definitely bacteria had a feast that night. I was.
Speaker 3: I was, Yeah, I smelled so bad, soaking wet.
Speaker 4: And I shouldn't have washed that shirt because Rob Thomas touched it.
Speaker 3: He touched my side. Oh that was a I was wearing a dress.
Speaker 2: Over God, it was so awesome to it. Yeah, we're we were friends with him for one night, but you remain friends. Yeah, I mean I haven't talked to him in a while, but yes, I think that I have a craving to go see his band again. I've been watching a ton of his music because I'm obsessed with the song called uh uh Only you can't help us now? Is it his own head or it's just Rob Thomas, It's wait, let me just it's it's number one on my Spotify. I think it is going to get number one played on Spotify route because I listened to it yesterday as it can't probably forty yeah, can't help me now? I listen to it probably forty five times. Can't help me now, Rob Thomas is the song of the year. It is so good. Listen. I might be going through some things right now. The thing is like, if you just listen, if you ever want to know what's going on in my life, just if I talk about a song I'm obsessed with. It's that I never listen to songs that don't match my mood, and almost ever I don't like it.
Speaker 4: I would never even if I try to get out of a mood it's something comes because I just have a shuffle on my iPod in the car.
Speaker 3: I will switch it if it's not.
Speaker 2: Yes, dude, I don't like any I don't like anything that's yeah that doesn't match it. Because there are some songs that are my favorite songs, but if they're too cheery or they're about breakups or something and I'm not feeling that way. Sometimes I like to have angst in my life and sadness in my life because then I get to enjoy songs so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get to you get to wallow in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I've been listening to that song on or repeat. It's so good. And I just loved this YouTube comment underneath one of his like his video for this song, and it said Rob Thomas can't write a bad song, and it's just true. He's so fucking good and he's he's Taylor Swift levels of emotion. So if you're someone who likes Taylor Swift, you're gonna love Rob Thomas. And if you don't love Rob Thomas already, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: How have you missed this?
Speaker 3: Google his face?
Speaker 2: Do you like his music?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I was like, when you asked me to go, I was like, oh, of course I'm gonna go. That would be fun.
Speaker 3: But then I was like, do I really? I was like, I get you. I guess I like Matchbox twenty.
Speaker 4: But then when we were there, I was like, oh my god, all of these songs are so good and I forgot and since then now I love them again.
Speaker 2: Yes it Yeah, I've been into that. I'm trying to think of other things I've been super into lately. Well the new Year. I really want to start meditating again. So I got the Waking Up app. Like, I'm back into the Sam Harris Waking Up app. They've actually reached out to me to maybe do some promotional stuff for them. Yeah, I would, I really And they're like they even mentioned maybe I could have a conversation with Sam Harris. I don't even want that. I can't handle that. I'm serious, I can't. Maybe I can meet Dave Matthews, I can meet Taylor Swift. I don't think I can. I don't want to waste Sam Harris's time. It's the same way I feel about Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: Actually, but he wants to. He wouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Yet, it wouldn't offered is locked tight. I just can't. He's just too smart. I just feel like he would just know I'm an idiot right away revealed. And I can't imagine. This is what I can't imagine is logging onto a Zoom with Sam Harris and like my microphone not working, or him having to like deal with technical issues with me or like my internet and I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, really, you say me so much good free will there's no free like, I just can't, And he'll be like, I can't really hear you were having issues.
Speaker 2: He's like looking at his produce like it would just stress me out to no end. I did it. Sabethley Frankel once when I was on her podcast. I didn't like that, like having to wait for me to reset my WiFi. No, thank you. I don't want to do that to anyone who is more successful than me.
Speaker 3: Pretty well, though I don't know.
Speaker 2: It bailed that day, and she made me feel better, she said, I was once on a call with I was on a zoom with Michelle Obama and my WiFi was going out. So I was like, Okay, this girl gets it all right. It made me feel so much better because she she got it right away. It's so nice when someone just immediately makes you feel at ease by giving an example of when this happened to them and they just get it. It makes me feel so good. But I'm gonna try to start meditating more. I'm leaning into self care this year. Stuff and I read that or I'm reading that book Let.
Speaker 3: Go kind of self care.
Speaker 2: It's a very broad term. It means like if I want to take a nap all day, I'm going to I'm going on more walks by myself, listening the more music, letting myself, letting myself be. Even though I did see nine Taylor Swift concerts this year in person, and then I went to Aristor the movie so I literally saw ten, which equals to about forty hours of Taylor Swift, and that is pretty self carry. I really want to like lean into going on walks alone and like getting to know my just like being kind of the person that I kind of rolled my eyes out of, like writing poetry at the park, or like sitting and just sitting by alone and just doing things alone, or like I don't know what, reading more books and not feeling constantly when I'm reading a book like I should be doing something else.
Speaker 3: Oh you feel like that when you're reading a book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I start reading a book and I go, why am I not reading a nonfiction book that's going to like actually teach me about myself? Or like I'm reading this Letting Go book, and by reading, I mean I'm listening to it, so it never feels like I could say I'm reading, but I'm listening to the audiobook for Letting Go, which my friend Bobby J. Cox, who's been on the podcast before, he wrote me and said, your recommendation of this book has changed my life, this book, And I'm like, I haven't even finished this book, and this book has already changed your life. It is so good and I have been finding myself trying. So the book is pretty much about any feeling you have. You can just choose to let go of it. You don't have to like process it, you don't have to like metabolize the anger. You can truly just like choose to not like, not care, not push it down or push it away, just like let go. And I don't really know how to do it because he doesn't tell you how to do it. He just talks about doing it so much that you just start to like be like, oh, maybe it is that simple. So yesterday, for instance, my friend I was in Colorado over the weekend and Denver for two shows which so many besties came to thank you so much. On the thirtieth and thirty first got to meet so many of you, especially the ones who cried when they met me. That means so much to me. Please take up my time and energy with your tears. It will never offend me. It always makes me feel so good. He loves that, and talk about letting something in. I will say in the past when besties have cried and stuff, I'm so present and I'm so like there for them and like, thank you so much. But I don't really let it in because I just feel like somehow I've deluded them into thinking I'm something that they think i'm not, or that they think that i'm something that I'm not. But this weekend I really was like, this girl is telling me that I've changed her life and that I mean so much to her, and that when I'm talking to my younger when I say I'm talking to my younger self, that she feels like I'm talking to her. And I can just this girl would not be crying if I didn't actually make a difference in her life. And then I think about if I died, this girl would really be affected by it, and I don't really even know her. And then that I know my family would be sad if I died, and you and Noah and Brian might have you know, he might frown that day, but for proud, but he might go, oh shit and like wistfully look at a hat I gave him or something. But is wistful whistful is positive?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or is it forlorn? Like I think you can be wistful like that at I just want to be more correct with my grammar, you know, moving into the new year. But I really was letting that in this weekend, and I was like, when I was hugging these girls and they were like crying and stuff, I was like, man, that is really I'm going to let in this love. It really felt good. And I haven't read the letters that you guys wrote me. I think two girls gave me letters and I haven't read them yet, but they are in my back guitar bag and I will read them at some point. I think someone will have to be present with me to read them. It's almost like me watching TV. I can't do it alone. But maybe in the new year there's new things. I'm going to start doing things alone. Like I can't watch TV alone for some reason, but why not reading a book? I do that alone. But it feels like when you're reading a book, you're almost like doing it with the author. Yeah, like you have a friend in it, whereas TV. I don't feel like I have a friend in it. I don't know why. I just need someone to process TV with me. And maybe because when I'm reading a book, I can be on my phone because I am on my phone because I read books on my phone, so on TV you have to anyway, So this letting go book. I implied it this weekend, applied it this we I think you should tell the story, and I'm going to apply it right now. Oh okay, I'm gonna let go of this story right now and we're gonna return to it. Oh we get back, all right, We're back. So this this weekend, I was in Colorado. My best friend, one of my best friends, girls Chat Catherine, lives there. Yeah. So Catherine was supposed to come to my show on Saturday night on the thirtieth, but she got really carsick on the way home from her parents' house, which is like two hours away from Denver. She lives in Denver. I met her at University of Colorado, Boulder. We met on the first, like first week of school. I had no friends. I was antarexick. I looked disgusting. No one wanted to be friends with me. But I did get to go out with all the girls on my floor to go to a frat party. And we were at the frat party and we both like looked at each other like this is how like we just caught each other's eyes, like look like we had we met a little bit beforehand, and I had told a story about hitting a garbage fan with my car when I was in high school, and so there was a little bit of interest in being friends with me because I seemed to be kind of fun, very desirable for the People were like, what is this girl about. No, they liked it. Dollar suit be pretty raised to it. People were, yeah, you you were there. I know you were there. You were there. You were the only one that was there. I kind of forgot Jesus Christ. Taylor. Taylor was in the car with me when we we hit the garbage man.
Speaker 3: Tayloryeah, it's kind of like we did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were holding the wheel. I testified about it. So it's kind of like, yeah, we went to court. Taylor had to give a deposition. I dipped deposition. This is an add podcast, but and it's not intill it's not as actually one, but it is because I have it. Speaking of deposition one of the I bet you know this too. Remember Conan my favorite joke.
Speaker 3: You already knew That's my.
Speaker 2: Favorite joke all time. Okay, so let's just go to Conan nineteen ninety A. Yeah, around the Clinton scandal thing, and he used to do this thing where he would on his late Night Show. He would have like the face of Clinton, but the mouth would be carved out, and then Robert Smigel, who does the voice of Triumph, would be doing the voice. So it was called clutch cargo for some reason. But he would just do the lips and Conan was interviewing Bill Clinton, you know, at like just the face and then the lips would move and he was like, do you want I'll do the question. You do the joke. Okay, is it true President that you told Monica to lie under deposition. I did not tell her to lie under deposition. I told her to lie there in deposition.
Speaker 4: Not really good at clip, but all his voices were like all.
Speaker 2: Of them were like just triumphing. I told her to lie there in that position. And by the way, a Triumph clip that killed me and I put my Instagram story. Recently, he was just on Conan's podcast, Robert Smigel, and he did Triumph's voice, or he did it for the first part, you know on Conan. Brian, did I already say this on the podcast? I probably did, think so I told everyone about it because I'm obsessed with this joke. It's just one of my favorite jokes of recent time. And he was talking about I think I told you Noah, but he was talking about Conan. I'm so glad to be here, you know, like, uh, Conan, I've seen you, you know, I saw you in the beginning and then now I'm seeing you clearly at what is the end? And Conan's laughing and he goes, oh serious, Exam Conan. Oh, he goes, oh serious. The wave of the past. Of the past is so funny. Oh my god. And another great joke I heard this weekend. Let's talk about the great jokes, was in the movie pop Star, which is the best comedy movie going. It is up their top five comedy movies of all time. Have you ever seen it?
Speaker 3: I don't know that it is you who's upset.
Speaker 2: Watched it on the Girls Trip. It is poundful one hundred per is there is not. Chris and I were marveling because we've seen it before, and then I want we saw it together. I think, you know, eight years ago we were together and then we you know, i'd broken up a bunch in the time, and then I watched it one time, like on a date with a guy and we started making out and then I didn't get through it. Most of it, so I've only seen it like one and a half times, and then we watched it this weekend again. It is so every single chance there is to make a joke, they're making a joke. It's the funniest movie there is. It's about Andy Samberg. Do you know who that is? He's an essan all guy from like, you know, mid two thousands, he mid Oughts or whatever. He plays like a Justin Bieber character called conif Real, and he used to be in a band called the I forget what They're called the Style Boys, and then they broke up and now he's like a solo artist, kind of like a Harry Styles but it's it's based on Justin Bieber really, and it's like a documentary following following him in his solo career, which his first album was huge success and now he's releasing his second album and it becomes a huge flop, and it just follows them around. But Sarah Silverman is his publicist and she's like, you know, and this is just one of my favorite jokes. And Chris and I definitely were like, Sarah probably wrote that joke. And next time I see her, I want to ask her if she wrote it, but she was like, you know, Connor's music isn't necessarily for me, but it just makes so many people so much money. And that was like we were like, oh, that's such a good joke, because I just love jokes that obviously. I like jokes that just like twist the ending, like the wave of the past. M Night Shyamalan It yes, yes. I like how you say his name almost like like probably the way it's.
Speaker 3: Supposed to be said night Shayamalan.
Speaker 2: I think it's m night sh Everyone says Shamalan, but I think it is it's spelled shy Amalan. So this weekend Denver, Oh, so Catherine and I saw each other. We were at the frat party. I told the story about hitting the guy with my car. She was probably interested. She was probably like that girl's cool. I want to hang out with her. And Catherine had eating disorder she too in the past, so I think she probably didn't judge mine as much. But she wasn't like rough looking at the time we met, but I certainly was. But we made eyes at the strap party. I remember the hallway where I was just like looking for you know, when you're at college, you have no one, you have no friends, nothing familiar, You're completely alone. And so I was just caught her eye and we both were like and we were kind of like rolling our eyes at one of those one of the girls we were with that was like the cuss person to this day that I've ever met my life. So I can't say her name, but Pillage. Yeah, it was pretty much Killage. And so we left and we started we were we were. I came up to her and was like, do you want to get out of here? And then we were walking away from the party and we were like two blocks away and we were just start talking a little bit, and I was like, I think, like our kids are going to know each other. Like that's how good of friends are going to be, and like that was that's I predicted. I was like, I know we're going to be best friends. So she's been my best friend, you know, on the top shelf with you guys since that moment. But every time I go to Denver, it's like, that's my exciting time to see Catherine. But I did it, and she goes on girls trips too. But I this weekend, she couldn't make it to my show, which I don't really care because she's seen me a million times and the show I have like so many people. Yeah, there's not a lot of time to hang. And she has kids in a family, so she would have to leave after the show anyway. So it's like she would just go to watch my act and it's like, who cares. So, I mean it's great, but she's you know, so she was sick so she couldn't go, and then she couldn't go Saturday or Sunday either, and she was like, you know, she wrote me on Sunday, She's like, hey, any chance you can hang Monday before you leave? And my flight was at eleven fifteen. The airport's forty five minutes away. We got to return the rental car. And I was like, yeah, but we'd have to You used to come downtown. She lives twenty minutes away from where I was staying. I was like, you have to be here like seven thirty so we could get We need at least an hour to catch up. We have a lot to catch up on and so she was like I'm down. I'm like, fuck, yeah, let's do it. Let's do an early morning thing. So I wake up at like six thirty to finish packing, so I can just go and then Catherine could drop me off and I can just pick up my bags and we can go to the airport. And I am brushing my teeth. I text her like, hey, meet me. Actually, don't don't park here. We're gonna park and then walk and I go just pick me up because all the Starbucks were closed. It was New Year's Day, so we had to go somewhere else, to a different Starbucks. And so she writes me at seven twenty nine, I'm just about to leave, and I was like, what, Like, I don't if you know me, you know I don't like any time, Like I have nothing. There's everything's already done for me to git ready to go, Like what am I gonna do now? Like meditate? I'm not medaging until today. That's when that started. And so I was just like I have had to admit I'm sorry. If you're listening to Catherine, I was like filled with rage, and she could probably kind of not rage, but just like I just don't and they can't tell just tell me you're gonna be lately? How did you just know you were leaving your house? Twenty twenty five minutes late only now, Like, couldn't you have predicted twenty five minutes ago when you were supposed to leave that you were gonna be at least five minutes late than ten, then fifteen? Like I guess maybe I would like to hear from some besties about why people are late.
Speaker 3: I can never understand.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing about people who are late. And I'm gonna get to what letting go in a second, But let's me just bitch about people who are late a little bit more. My sister is late two to everything, but not everything because I've asked her, because I don't. I don't complain about it with my sister because she's got three kids, it's hard to get out of the house, everything like that. But every single time we hang out as a family, she's at least a half hour late, her and her husband, no matter what. And it's just, you know, we've tried to change the time, so we tell them at different time. She somehow figures it out and it will still show up a half hour late. She everyone knows late people. They you can't, you can't do this with that.
Speaker 3: They're just figured apple and not late people.
Speaker 2: But then I said to her, how I go have you I wasn't trying listen, I was trying to get information I wanted. But how do you how do you not be passive? Aggressive or like when you want? My thoughts? Was? My question is how do you have a job if you're always this late? That's what I wanted to ask, because I wanted to say, like, I've noticed you're late all the time, which I don't I don't complain about to her, So, but I've noticed this, right, So I'm I'm I have all this accruing, all this data that I have not let her know I've accrued right that I've noticed she's late all the time. How do I ask her without revealing that I've accrued this data? Like, so I I don't like being passive though, you know, like I would like to say, I've noticed you're late all the time. No judgment, but are you not?
Speaker 3: Like but you are judging?
Speaker 2: But I am judging? Just say I don't understand. How can I say no judgment? Like so much judgment? Like, hey, listen, I'm just wondering so much judgment, Like why are you but I go I said to her, tons and tons of judgment? Are you ever late for school because I know she's not because she would not have a job right. She a first hour class. Class starts at seven fifty at Kirkwood High School. So I said, are you ever like late to class like our teachers? I just said it in a general way. Are teachers? What do teachers do? I don't remember my teachers ever not being there for first hour or people are late all the time, you know. So I was like, what do you do if you're running late? And she was like, I think maybe I've been, like you know, I've I've had other teacher. There's always like a student teacher that can like step in for you or something. But she was like, no, I've never been late to first hour. And I'm like, this is interesting to me. So you're never late for there? You can be someone who's always on time.
Speaker 3: Interesting, that's the same thing every day.
Speaker 4: And she already has the babysitter or takes them to daycare or whatever takes them to school.
Speaker 2: At the same time, she probably alized.
Speaker 1: That her family will be forgiving and she'll get out. She won't get fired from being your sister.
Speaker 2: There's not a level of respect for it's a respect thing and that's fine, but it is about respect. And it's the same way that like, you know, working on the special with Chris, when he asked me to do a zoom meeting about the lighting or something, and I go no, I don't want to do that. I can say it with that tone as opposed to if he were a producer that I had just hired, I would go no, actually today doesn't work for me. But instead I can just say no because he loves me and I don't respect him. No, that's not it, but I know because there, but that is a level of disrespect that I have to work on the next time we work together, because I do want to have more respect for the people that I should respect more than strangers being late itself.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you if you're analytical.
Speaker 2: About it, the capital society, when money is on the line, we're more respectful. And it's all about money. It's not about actual love, because if we wouldn't be late for lunches with the people for love, if we valued love more than money.
Speaker 1: About job security, I don't think it's about like money money, which is money.
Speaker 2: Job security is money. And also if there was not money, there isn't money in it.
Speaker 4: So job security, he would you but in front of your students, but no one would have jobs.
Speaker 2: If there weren't. It wasn't money. So it is about money in the end. It is like we are on time when there's money on the line, our our safety net for you know. But when there when I just I'm here's a Newsy's resolution I want to give to late people because I do understand it is a thing that you can't help, you truly can't. These are all people in my life who I love so much. If you're a chronically late person, and I am too, by the way, but I'm chronically late seven to eight minutes late, it's somewhere that we do. Just text when you're going to be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Before you're late. Don't text at eight o'clock. If you're going to be there at eight o'clock that I'm five minutes late, text it eight or ten till eight that you're going to be five minutes late. Try to be on time with texting about being your lateness. Yes, that's a great, Yeah, that's that's all you have to do. Because as someone who has suffered from people's lateness, all we want is to know the time, so I know, like I am, I can start a crossword puzzle, or I can get this email done, Like I know the amount of time I have till she shows up, and I can devote something to it. You know, I can listen to my JFK podcast from reading in a second. So these are all just things. So anyway, Catherine was late, and what I wrote back first was I woke up early for this. Not nice. But she was like I realized because she had just left her house, She's gonna be twenty five minutes late and we only have an hour ten minutes to hang out. So I'm just like, I'm just My anger was that I don't get to hang out with my friend. It wasn't really about this waste of my time. It was like, man, this is cutting.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a little bit of both, baby, But I wrote back, I woke up early for this, and I go And then I said, it's fine, I'll see you soon or whatever. And and then I was like, then I go, I'll just walk to the Starbucks we were going to walk to. It's far away that I'll be like, what I spend doing that twenty minutes doing?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: So I walk there, and on my walk there, I was like, now it's gonna be weird when she sees you, because she's now scared of you, because she's scared that you're gonna she's gonna get there and you're gonna be mad at her, which from all like, all the evidence shows that I am mad, because I wrote back, I got up early for this.
Speaker 3: You're not that scary, though, not to me.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad to hear you say that, because everyone else in my life has kind of told me that they are terrified.
Speaker 4: I know, I don't like to disappoint you, but I wouldn't be like, oh no.
Speaker 2: I was just like I forgive you. Yeah, I forget you. People.
Speaker 3: You give people so many chances.
Speaker 2: I might get a little mad at you and be like, this sucks that you did this, and this is why it sucks. But I will always forgive, especially if you forgive yourself and like apologize. That's what apologizing is, is kind of forgiving yourself and letting me know that you did. I kind of feel so. But on my walk, I was like, I was reminded of letting go, and I was like, what if you just let go of the disappointment that you don't get to hang with your friend, the anger you feel that she's not respectful of your time, which is you know, precious and all that stuff. And I just like was I remember I was opening the door to Starbucks, and I was just like just act like it, didn't act like just let it who gives a fuck? And I was able to let it go. And when I saw her, I should have said to her like, I'm sorry for my tone. I should have apologized, but I think I was a little too embarrassed at how I had written. So I just like instantly was like waved at her car, like excited, like the way I would have been if she showed up on time. So there is something to this like letting go thing. But then sometimes someone says something and you cannot let it go because it keeps coming up in your head, And what the fuck do you do about that?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 4: I mean, that's the whole point of the book. Probably what do you mean to try to find a way to not ruminate? I know, but you have disturb with me.
Speaker 2: You can't help your thoughts, no free will, Like I can't help that this thing keeps coming up in my mind of like just let it go over and over. Yeah, what about that?
Speaker 3: Every time it comes up? Let it?
Speaker 2: Just then my anger starts to build. I have so much anger in me, it's crazy. Like I think anger is a thing that we are so not in touch with. I mean, I know that's a fact. Everything is anger, like your back pain. You're fucking not your back pain, but like everything is just repressed anger. And I want a journal more this year. I want to read more books to understand myself and other humans and have more empathy. Because reading more books, especially fiction, gives you a lot of empathy for other people's experiences. No, you have lots. I think you have a lot of empathy. And then I want to let go of more things. I want to keep doing pilates because it feels good. I want to keep singing because it feels good. I want to take more naps. And I want to declutter my life. Does that mean just get rid of stuff and like stop holding onto things. I mean that's a good point too, people too, Like I'm I'm really tired of hearing about people in my friends' lives who I'm like, get rid by this person. I can't I almost can't handle you anymore because you. I hear about this person so much.
Speaker 3: That's why my that's when my anger came.
Speaker 2: And when I start sounding like that kind of person to myself with people, I like, when I start sounding like a person that like is holding onto things like because when you listen to your friends complain aboutuff, you're just like, just get that, just quit that job, just leave that person. It's easy, and yourself it's so much harder. But yeah, that that's another thing, letting, letting people go too and stop people pleasing so much. But I wish i'd people to let go because I feel like I could.
Speaker 3: But I don't even know anybody else.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great that you probably have let go of everyone. I went to your Christmas party and there was some gems there. You think, yeah that I love that girl that used to be a vet. I talked about it on the pod Regina. Yeah. Yeah, she was really cool and then her boyfriend, who was a therapist, was really cool. They were just like just interesting and Greg was like, thank you for talking about everything. He was like, he doesn't know my work. He was just like at the party, he was like, thank you for being so vulnerable, And I was like, what did I say. I was like, I think I had said like, oh I think about killing myself a lot, or I said something just you know, conversationally, just Christmas chatter, and he made a point to be like that was really vulnerable what you just did. And it made me feel so special. So well, he was like I could tell he was impressed with my candor, and I liked, he's he really likes you and Chris, Oh that's so nice. Yay Julie. What do they think of party animal Julie?
Speaker 3: Oh everybody loves Julie.
Speaker 2: No, one doesn't love Julie.
Speaker 4: It's she's a crowd. I was like, my mom was there too. Everyone's like, Julie need to was like, but my.
Speaker 2: Mo, my mom's just holding Anya's dad's book, like, oh, oh my god, he wrote this. Anya's dad wrote this. Well, who's Cross?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: Who's Jerry Cross? That's not Anya's name? Why is her name? Marina? Like just so many questions. She is just a hoot and a half hoot and holler. She's so fun. She's like that's another goal this year is to spend more time with my mom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's my goal, to spend more time with Julie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should go thrifting with us, because I just I'm my mom doesn't invite me thrifting, but I have her on find my friends, and so I just am going to go start finding her around the Saint Louis metro area.
Speaker 3: I'll take her at all the She needs to go to the bens with me.
Speaker 2: She knows where the bens are. She's in a bin right now. She's knee deep in a bin right now.
Speaker 3: I know, I've never seen that bitch of the bens.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 4: No, Oh well, maybe we go in different days, maybe different skeedgies.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's twenty minutes late. No, she's on time for those bins. She she has like nemeses at these places.
Speaker 3: Oh, me too, See, we need to go together.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They up at the same time, and they're all just rooting around for new stuff, you know, like the racks. The racks come out. Yeah, and she sees the same people all the time. She's God damn it, she's always at that rack before me. It's just annoying. Nick, And I go, well, you're there too. So funny when people complain about crowds and it's like, well, you're part of it. Why is everyone at the airport today, Well, why are you and you're part of you're the part of the problem as well. Yeah, I'm listening to the JFK podcast Who Killed JFK? And it's with a question mark, but they keep saying it like it's called who killed You, like they're gonna tell you because they are.
Speaker 3: Well, I know who it is, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone needs to listen to this podcast. This is a gift to Americans from Rob Reiner, the filmmaker, writer, actor producer Rob Reiner, who gave us such things as when Harry met Sally spinal tap, stand by me. This guy has taken upon himself because he forget the origin story of it. But he obviously he was like fifteen when JFK was assassinated, murdered, and he you know, lived through that. But then he met someone through some film he was doing, who enlightened him to the fact that JFK was murdered and it was a conspiracy and it was one hundred percent that and it uh, you know, Lee Harvey Oswald did not act alone. And he pretty much sets this up. And then the podcast is gonna tell you who like it's created. There's not like a shadow of a Doubt anymore. Like it's it was created this year. It just came out. I think they're still releasing new episodes, so it's an episodic that comes out every week. But now there's like nine episodes to Binge. I'm through episode three because it is pretty dense in terms of they really walk you hold your hand through it. Like a real dummy can listen to this and understand it. But I you know, you're distracted on your phone, you're watching you know, you're on an airplane. Someone asked you a question, and you've got to hear every little day that comes through.
Speaker 4: But you can just read Jerry Cross's book because of course he has told us who did it already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know who did it yet because I'm only on episode three, but I'm guessing the CIA because the Bay of Pigs disaster and and JFK wanted to dismantle the CIA was very, very document well documented that JFK was hated the CIA. The CIA was war hungry. JFK wanted peace. They did not like that. They wanted war, and he was going to split the CIA into a thousand pieces and totally dismantle it, And I wonder if he even thought this was a possibility that they could kill him.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Why because he was not you know, you know, he had he had a disease.
Speaker 3: That's why he was orange orange.
Speaker 2: He wasn't using versus Bob.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's very orange, like he's very tan looking.
Speaker 4: He had some he had some like serious health problems, really bad health problems. That's why his head was kind of like round, moon shaped and the orange.
Speaker 2: Its just how we liked use a little cridashat we learned about a congenial disease in high school? Why were they teaching this? They didn't teach us about safe sex in high school, but they taught us.
Speaker 3: About Oh they taught to safe sex.
Speaker 2: You don't remember, not really with pH Balance. We had that class, a guy named Paul Holleran who we called pH Balance.
Speaker 4: When they showed us just zoomed and pictures of like genitals with hearpies and stuff kinds MS Rice's class, and she would point and be like, now tell me where where the p would come out.
Speaker 3: We're like, we know, because I still don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like a calliflower, you know, it's a Jesus statue crying. It just soaks out of the marble at some place. Wait a second, hold on, wait we why did we learn about congenial diseases though, like cry dohat, which is a disease you can get if you have a you know, you get a genetic mutation, and they called it. I don't mean to laugh at people with cridershat. I don't even think they survived very long, so we can laugh. But yeah, so they're all dead. Maybe they're the but it could be too soon. Cry do shat babies they called them that. And this is too funny to tell high schoolers. They they sounded. They would cry like a cat, and it was in France and the cry of the cat cry shat. It would be like, it's so sad we had a big moon and they would have a moon shaped hat like JFK.
Speaker 3: So maybe he's cryo shat?
Speaker 2: Okay, does is it a crescent moon? Like that older scot for dominance.
Speaker 4: Where I found we made there was a kid that we thought was a crydo shat because of his head shake.
Speaker 2: Okay, God damn it. We just got to bully people to their moon faces at all. It was just in notes that we would pass to each other.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what I thought of yesterday? What song Starry Starry Night came on?
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's oh yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 4: Don McLean And one time we were talking about somebody that had acne scars or something and he said, scary scary face.
Speaker 3: It was we We.
Speaker 2: Would bully people would notes. There's no question if a note would be found, it would be very hurtful. But we not to their faces. That's the difference. It's not good that we did this. We just had self esteem issues and we projected it correct, which I still do in my own mind. But okay, we have to wrap in this segment and go to a break. But we're going to come back and we're going to talk more about the JFK stuff. And we already covered Crider Shat. Okay, yeah, we'll be back. So we it. JFK had like a disease and that made him a stupid problem. No, he just wasn't able to like particular kill him. That's one of the side effects of this disease.
Speaker 4: He also was you know, uh, you know, banging a lot of chicks like Garl Monroe and stuff. They were killed trying to kill Marilyman where they killed her?
Speaker 2: They killed her? Yeah, why what'd she know?
Speaker 4: Because she because she had an affair with uh, with Bobby and.
Speaker 2: With but why kill her? Who cares?
Speaker 3: Because she was going to tell because she was borderline, She's going to tell.
Speaker 2: So they killed her. She didn't commit suicide, oh dear.
Speaker 4: But anyway, he had a lot of health issues. But also you know, the CIA, that was just one of the things. But maybe the CIA killed him, maybe not, but they had some things to do with it, for sure.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of people. He was also trying to get rid of the mafia, so a lot of people think the organized crime and that's why Jack Ruby was a mafia guy, you know. And he said that he killed Lee Harvey Oswald because Jack Ruby killed Lee Harvey Oswald the day.
Speaker 4: After right, and then Jack Ruby immediately became totally fucking insane and couldn't speak or do anything.
Speaker 2: And then MK Ultra, Yes, okay, whoa.
Speaker 3: There's someone also more important than that sort.
Speaker 2: Of I can't wait.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: I loved the part of this podcast where they're talking about the Zapruder film, which I did not know the world did not see the Zapruder film for until the seventies. They gave the Zapruder film to the CIA, and then one copy was made by the guy who was making the digital copy, not digital copies, but they were like converting it from five millimeter to thirty five millimeter, and that guy who was working in the Kodak lab was like, I'm gonna make one copy, and he was the one that brought it on Heraldo Rivera's show and with Dick Gregory comedian, which by the way, Dick Gregory was the one who blew this case wide open by going on Heroldo Rivera's show called like Tonight Tomorrow or something like that or like this week tonight, and Dick Gregory, a stand up comedian, was the one that was like, this is a conspiracy. The press needs to look into this. Why are we the ones that are bringing you this information? Because he was he was a part of all these groups that would meet up, these societies that would meet up to discuss the JFK assassination because it was worn. It was so cool. So I just love that because if you you know, Hannibal Burris was the one who like made a joke about Bill Cosby and then all of a sudden that all okay, Like that wouldn't have happened without Hannibal Burris just making a joke on stage one night and someone filming it being like, look it up type in Bill Cosby rape and see what happened yet, which was already well documented, but no one was looking at it.
Speaker 3: I did not know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's another. There's one other example I can't remember right now, just a comedian saying something and everyone going like, wait, let's look closer at this.
Speaker 4: Me talking about John Pinday on this podcast every single time I'm on it.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw did you see the girl's chest?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I went to her house. What I saw her house this weekend? And I did a drive by picture when you're on the girl's chest. Did you take a picture? Yes? And I sent it to the girls? It to me no, but I said, you know what that means? What does it mean?
Speaker 4: But I have to become more obsessed so that you remember, wait, look at it. I am the one that should receive a picture of.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought everyone would like it. It's the next three. Have you ever been there? No? Why? Because I haven't been a boulder seems like you would make a pilgrimage there. So I didn't get to go to and I wanted to go. I didn't get to go to Columbine on the trip, but I did see the John Bay House and I was surprised it was not torn down, because they did. Did you know they tore down the Idaho murders place? Yes, it was the house. They don't.
Speaker 4: This house just sold. You can see on Zillow and I know there's a whole tour of the It's nuts crazy.
Speaker 2: What did itself for? Like four point three seven million, seven million Jesus, that's what it was for sale for. Yeah, And that's what someone goes, why didn't they Why didn't they tear down the Zambiney House? And I go, and why did they tear up don the Idaho thing? And I go, because you look at the prices. It's it's a shed. It's like a campus shed.
Speaker 3: Is the most ugly.
Speaker 4: If I wouldn't ever live in there, because I'd be like, I will definitely get murdered.
Speaker 2: Here in the Idaho one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh really just so so ugly, Like.
Speaker 2: They should have known when they have been on a tour of it. Yeah, so When is that gonna When is all that the Idaho stuff going to start?
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty four? Is the trial starts?
Speaker 2: Oh that's this year. I know we're here already.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 2: What about what about like you're the murder girl expert, what about the Delphi DELFI is, when is that gonna start?
Speaker 4: That's not gonna start to at least wait late in twenty twenty four October twenty twenty four, which is insane because they're gonna kill him for it. They're trying to kill that guy. Why because he didn't do it at all?
Speaker 2: Who? And oh, because you think it's cops.
Speaker 4: I think it's cops or someone that's really high up, or else there wouldn't be all this ridiculous conspiracy.
Speaker 2: That you want to look into. A crazy murder. I've talked about on the podcast before, but the Delphi murders in Indiana are insane. And I read a book called Down the Hill and it's so good and so creepy, and it's just it's the worst thing because if you're like a little if you're a girl like me who used to like walk through the woods with their friends, you just see yourself so much in this because you could have been murdered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going on a walk.
Speaker 2: They were just on a walk on a day off school where that it was like they had extra snow days to get rid of. So the school like was just like, we'll take his day off, and the little girls just went to the park and they got Hainousley murdered by possibly a police officer.
Speaker 4: Because they have elect five seconds of this to you, yes, at least, and we only know one second of it. If they have a whole video of someone, why wouldn't they release that.
Speaker 3: Because if the guy's already.
Speaker 2: In, if they have him, yeah, because usually they don't release stuff because they don't want that guy to live rodden hard.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't look anything like that. It's definitely not him.
Speaker 2: I think it does look like that guy.
Speaker 3: No, it looks much more like another guy that other people think.
Speaker 2: Is Well, let's talk about another conspiracy. The movie may December. So I went on a rant last time the podcast happened in twenty twenty three about the movie made December and how shitty it was and how I can't believe that people are talking about it for Oscar nominations and all this stuff. And then a bestie wrote me about she felt the same way about it, but then she went on Reddit threads and read about how all the things I hated about the movie and that we both hated about the movie were actually reasons why it was good. So yes, so the music sting throughout it are supposed to be okay. So the movie is about Natalie Portman, who's an actress who goes to visit this woman who is like a Mary Kay Laturno situation. She slept with her student or not student, but she slept with like a seventh grader when she was in her thirties. And now it's you know, thirty twenty five years later, and they're grown up and they have a family and kids of their own that are going to college, and this kid is now thirty three, she's fifty something, and Natalie Portman goes to study the family because she's going to play this woman in a movie. And the whole movie you're thinking, Natalie Portman is probably like a Natalie Portman type actress, right, like she's doing this amazing role. And you get little hints here and there that maybe that isn't the case, but you don't really think about it, and then in the very final scene, which I said the final scene was the graduation scene, that wasn't the final scene. The final scene was her shooting a scene in the movie. So you're cutting to the movie and the movie is shit. It's like a lifetime movie. It's terrible looking, the acting's bad, the set's bad. But I watched We're supposed to We're supposed to whole time think like, oh my god, this whole movie was meant to be campy. It was meant to be not the reasons I hated it were it was trying to be bad. The music sting throughout that was like bang bong bing that I hated. That was supposed to be hinting at us, to us that this movie, that's the type of movie this woman was making. And then the fact that her list started halfway through the film was intentional, and because the list started halfway through the film, because we were supposed to notice that she only used the lisp when she was trying to seem vulnerable and get something from the guy, like this the woman that seduced the kid, and so she would used the list to like infantilize herself. But I still don't know why they didn't start debuting it a little bit before halfway through the movie. And then so the reason that the music stings I hated, the lisp I hated, or the choice of the list halfway through I hated, and the ending which he is at his kid's graduation and he's crying. The father is the father who's now thirty three, what was a child? He's crying because he missed out on his childhood. And the whole movie, he's also working with butterflies, and I learned that the fact that he was trying to keep these butterflies, he like makes sure that they mature all the way before they fly, And obviously that is like a metaphor for he wishes someone would have protected him before he flew away. And then there is a whacked out scene that I cannot believe this is real. I sent it to Chris last night. It is a do you remember Mary Kaylaturno and this guy her love her just because she's crazy. Yeah, this is a interview they did final thought. Hold your fucking horses for this interview. Okay, it's a minute five long? Okay, is everyone ready for this? I cannot believe this is so awkward This is Mary Kayla Turno and her husband, who is the boy who by the way, when she got out of she was sentenced when they got caught rolling around in the head and this is me just kind of paraphrasing, but it was something like this. She was sentenced to like two years or something three years and she only served nine months and then she got out within a week or so. She's caught rolling around with him again. She goes back to prison for ten more years. She could have gotten out after nine months, but she went back again. She gets out after seven for that or something. They get married, have kids. Oh, they have Oh, by the way, she gets pregnant. She gets pregnant. I think she's pregnant during her first nine months, and then she gets pregnant again. She gives birth in prison and gets pregnant again on the second. I could be mixing that up, but she got pregnant. I mean, this lady was nuts. This is them doing an interview with some like Australian reporter and this is a minute five seconds And this is this is from Louis Lewis Petsman. He's a hilarious guy. On Instagram. He tweeted this out so many contemporary movies and shows based on real life, real events, traffic and imitation with uncanny impressions seen as the highest achievement. What May December does to incorporate this moment is one thousand times more interesting. So I guess in the movie May December there is a scene where she goes, who's the boss? Who's the boss? And you'll see what that comes from this interview. You can say that I am Wait, hold on, with the adults, you can say that I am saying that I was by age.
Speaker 3: I was by age.
Speaker 2: And by maturity. Maybe you were a taint, you Mary. You can't say I was immature. You don't know him, no, but I don't need to know him in this discussion. He's the child who I'm talking about?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: Who is the boss? She's saying it to the boy who is the boss? Who is the boss?
Speaker 3: Was being pursuing you?
Speaker 2: Who is the boss?
Speaker 1: Back then?
Speaker 4: Dulous?
Speaker 2: Now who was to say?
Speaker 3: Who is the boss? And who is the best?
Speaker 2: Tony Danzel, I'm pursuing the relationship.
Speaker 1: Who is.
Speaker 2: Well, I was the pursuer? Yes, this, now come on, he was? It doesn't matter. She goes, will flaw me? What does that even blaw me. She gives who's the boss to him so many times seven and it's so clear that she's like, if you don't say that, I mean it's it's just the definition of being someone being uh, the person in power telling someone who's the boss? Who's the boss? Like say it? You are clearly because you're telling me that I have to say who's the boss? He looks so frightened. It's so fucked up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: And now I'm starting to like the movie because I've read all this stuff. This is what I'm talking about. I can be convinced to like things I hate if you explain to me what I miss me too, I'm a summer like, if you prove it, then I'll like it. Yeah, Chris and I were talking about my set design at one point and I was like, I just need I don't know set design. So if I'm just told that these curtains are cool because maybe I don't like them upon first look or whatever it is aesthetically, if I'm just like I don't like it or like it's a little weird to me, if you explain to me why it's cool from an artistic perspective, that you have as an expert, I'll be like, oh, yeah, that is cool. Maybe that means I'm a pushover and that I don't have a backbone for what I think is cool and not cool. But I think things. I like things based on you know, uh, I guess I'm more what's it's. I don't just judge a book by its cover, like you got you can tell me what a cover if a cover's good, well.
Speaker 1: Understands that there are people who might know more than you in the field that they're experts on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like, if you tell me so. If I don't like the way a song sounds, if you tell me why that song is actually like so interesting, I can start to maybe like the song even though I fucking hated it at first. Does I think there's something about that that makes me a little bit of people please or push over?
Speaker 3: No? No, I think it's more like but.
Speaker 2: I can't help that I actually will start to like it. Or an outfit that I think is hideous, know it's cool because those boots.
Speaker 4: Actually, Yeah, you're open end that you would even give it a chance and take the time to let someone play something for you again or whatever. And I would just be like no, I don't want to listen to.
Speaker 2: It because I think I like May December. Now I think I'm gonna go back and watch it again, and with all of these context clues. But Chris made the point. He was like, well, then they miss the mark. If we're too intelligent people and we couldn't understand that they were trying to show us that this was actually shitty, like or like it was the movie that she was gonna make was shitty, then then they failed because would they.
Speaker 4: Just make it the exact story if they're going to even use the interview, it seems like they could have done a better job because the real story is.
Speaker 3: Very interesting and crazy.
Speaker 4: But if you were bored throughout this movie, then they didn't do a good job.
Speaker 2: But maybe it is good because I'm so obsessed with talking about it, Like sometimes things are so bad that you talk about them a lot, and I'm like, well, maybe I think it's good because I like Taylor Swift because of all the hitden messaging, the things that you don't get on the surface, the stuff that if you listen to it a couple of times, you go, oh my god, she's referencing that moment, like I'm obsessed with this clip of Taylor Swift where she's dancing. She's at Aristur and she's dancing too. We never go out of Style, which is clearly about Harry Styles. It's called Style. It was written on nineteen eighty nine. Nineteen eighty nine is an old album pretty much about Harry Styles. Everyone knows that. She's never, never explicitly said it, but she did a British accent in one of the songs when she was performing at the Grammys to nod at dating him. It's like it is about him. They were in a snowbobile accident she references in all the songs d She's never explicitly said it, but we just get it from all these fucking clues she's giving. But in airstour, she does a moment where she dances like Harry Styles. You should google it and look at it. I'm so obsessed with it. And it's not part of the choreography. She's just going like this and she does like a little and she does two seconds of it. But it's enough to just nod at us and go, I know who this is about. You know who this is about. I could always have reasonable deniability that or like whatever that word is that that maybe I just danced like that and it's just a coincidence, but it's not. And I love stuff like that. So maybe I just missed the mark on this movie and that when they're like or she actually puts it in the movie.
Speaker 1: From what it sounds like, people on Reddit created that meaning and it made sense, like they're just making sense of something bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we are also making sense of this thing. But I do think they're right, Like I almost know they're right because it is so over the top. This miss musical sting is so stupid that I do think the director who when I'm looking at So I went on my own Reddit search and read all about it, and I'm like, oh shit, I'm an idiot. I kind of missed all of the things. And I can admit onm Aneneys don't like sometimes I'm it's so embarrassing when you think something's lame and you go, wait, that's what they meant it to be lame. Do you ever? Does that ever happen to you where you make fun of something and people go, no, that's the joke and you're like, oh yeah, like this weekend time, this weekend we were at a karaoke bar for New Year's Eve and Chris had a friend of his, a frind of his sister showed up and she was so funny. But I didn't expect her to be this funny, and it was a really loud bar, so I wasn't like hearing what she was saying exactly, and she was like being very sarcastic and like but truly funny. And Any showed up a bit later after I already established this girl is like next level funny. She's like cursed in level is funny. I could just tell, damn she and she was like at one point she put on this like Happy New Year zeve like crown, and she was talking about online dating and how horrible it is and how she just went out with someone who had a roommate and she was like, I'm thirty nine, Like I can't be like, hey, can I use the bathroom? There's your roommate gonna be out there, Like she was just like talking about it to me prior to Onya getting there. So Anya's across the table and then all of a sudden she starts doing like selfie is like like but like if you don't know her. She just looks like a twat doing like horrible like do you're seeing selfie is like styling her hair like you know, like most girls like pepping out her like doing duck face, you know. And then she goes she says to Anya, or she says to like the table, I'm just taking pictures for my bumble profile. And then she starts going like like thinking like the weirdest face. And Annie's looking at me like what is this? Like this girl is so over the top lame right now. And I go to Anya, I go, no, she's doing a joke. And I'm was like oh, and then it's like the funniest thing. But like watching my friend think this girl is lame was such a weird moment for me that I was like, no, no, no, she knows what she's doing. And I think that's what my December was for me. So thank you to the bestie for enlightening me on it. So many besties were it to me saying you hated May December two. Maybe maybe it deserves a second look. Who knows, but everyone does need to see Natalie Portman actively humping the air in the sworge closet of a pet shop having simulated sex with a teenager in the closet of a pet shop. That is a scene you need to see. It looks a lot like this, her humping the air because she's getting ready for the role. She goes to the pet shop where this woman and this boy had their first encounter, because she's in the small town where they met. And she goes to the pet shop owner. She's like, can I take a look at the back, and then he brings her back and leaves her alone, which I've already discussed is so weird in movies, where like people just let anyone rolled around in places they shouldn't by themselves. But the screen writer didn't want to write an extra character into the scene, and he needed her to hump the air alone, So he's got to get that old man in the back of the front and so yeah, and then she just goes and she humps the air. It's pretty good. And that's how do we know your everyone. That's where we leave you, Taylor. Thanks for being here. My mom is going to be here tomorrow. You guys gear up for that. Brian Franzie will be back tomorrow. Taylor. We'll bay see you next week. Thank you. For listening to you guys, and thanks for coming to my shows. I have shows coming up in Florida in two weekends, so see me at that, and you can watch me all presenting at the Creative Arts Emmys on f f fxx I think on January ninth it airs, and I'll be doing that this week. I'm going to LA this weekend. That'll be fun. But thank you for all your sport in the past year and this new year. It's going to be so great. On the pod, we love you and don't be kiss and dig. Just listen to the JFK podcast. I'm gonna be talking about it a lot. What else do I have to see is good