Speaker 1: First date of follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocusa dot com.
Speaker 2: Bethany is on the phone today for a first day follow up and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Jeremy. So in a second we'll call him and see if he'll tell us why he's a ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But first, Bethany, how long has it been since you heard from Jeremy? Uh?
Speaker 3: It's been a few weeks. I haven't heard a nation from him. And it's weird because I thought the deal went really well.
Speaker 2: What y'all do.
Speaker 3: We went and got dinner, sort of like a happy hour type thing. We got like a couple of different plates and stuff. We shared both of them, and I really liked him, Like we have a lot in common. Both just recently moved here, were both originally from the small towns, and we're both really like career motivated and excited about our job and things like that. So I don't know, I thought it was a really good match.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like he liked you?
Speaker 3: I thought he did. He did.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: It's a weird question because when you get so caught up in liking somebody you're not really paying attention to if like, wait a minute, Yeah that's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah I thought he liked me, but I haven't heard from him, so I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I made that a very terrible narrative. I'm not saying that he doesn't like him. Maybe something happened. Did you guys kiss it all? Did you hug How did the date end?
Speaker 3: We didn't kiss it all, just like hugged in second night, but the vibe was really positive, like we had a really good time. We were talking a lot, to the point where I thought we were going to have a second date. So yeah, I don't I don't really know what happened.
Speaker 2: Is there anything you can think of that might be a reason that he's ghosting you?
Speaker 3: I don't know. The only thing I can think of is that, like, I feel like I definitely.
Speaker 1: Ate more food than him.
Speaker 3: We shared some plates, and I feel like, now I'm kind of worried that I just like ate a lot more of the food.
Speaker 2: Is that actually a thing?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Like, do you guys actually like not like that? I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: It's definitely a thing where girls feel self conscious about it and they didn't feel self conscious about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear them feel self conscious, but I didn't know if to, Like, I don't know if I know any guys that would want to go somebody after they went on a date with him and they ate a bunch, Like I find I actually think it's cool because it's like, oh, you're relaxed enough to just eat a bunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: I would get annoyed, like if it's go to a really nice steakhouse or something and then somebody's self conscious about eating lots, so then they order a salad because it sounds like fifty bucks anyway, So it's like, just go ahead and spend the money on a steak and enjoy yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So hopefully that's not it, because that would be ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So like you just like walked me to my car and we said good night and we hugged this sort of I don't know. There is an implication that he was going to call a text or something, and I didn't hear anything.
Speaker 1: Did you reach out to him?
Speaker 3: I did reach out to him. I texted him once and I didn't get a response. I didn't want to text him too much because I didn't want to like, yeah, I don't want him or anything. And I really I just thought you was gonna text me or call me, so all right.
Speaker 2: And you literally have no idea why he's ghosting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's just like, I guess the only thing I can thinkive is the food thing. I don't know. Maybe I was eating too loud or I was like being too messy or.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, well we'll see if we can figure it out. For you'll play a song come Back, and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe gets you another date if you still want one.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm giddy.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll play a song come Back, get your first day follow up next, right in the middle of your first date follow up if you're just joining us. So, Bethany is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Jeremy. So in a second we're gonna call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date if she still wants one. But before we do that, Bethany, why don't you catch everybody up on your situation?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So, basically I went on a date with this guy a week or so ago. We had a great time, got drinks, dinner. I thought it went really well. We have a lot in common. I was really into him. He walked me in my car, we said good night, and I just like didn't hear from him at all. And I texted him and he just didn't respond. So now I'm just not sure what's going on, and I would really like to know.
Speaker 1: Okay, make sure it's not because you ate a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and I would like to know it's not because I ate a lot.
Speaker 2: All right, we're about to call him right now. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. Hey, is this Jeremy? Yeah, Jeremy was the man.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 2: My name is Jewbel and host a radio show. It's called The Jewbill Show.
Speaker 1: Hi, Jeremy, I'm Nina. Also on the show. Hi, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Huh sweet? Do you listen to the show?
Speaker 5: Ever?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm familiar.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know if you're familiar or not with a segment we do. It's called the first date follow up. That's where if you go on a date with somebody and then you ghost them, that person can ask us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. And we got an email about you from somebody.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, can you think.
Speaker 2: Of anybody that you're ghosting currently?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 1: Have you gone on any dates recently?
Speaker 2: This is from Bethany?
Speaker 3: I take it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Bethany emailed us and then we talked to her about your day a little bit, and she said, it's been like a few weeks and you haven't talked to her. So she's wondering if you would mind telling us why you're a ghostinger.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I had.
Speaker 4: A great time with her. We I really liked it because we went out, we had food, and she's nice to talk to. But I got really excited, and so I was starting to show my bros, you know, like pictures from the night, and I was telling.
Speaker 2: Her about her, and you know, one of.
Speaker 4: Them, my guy h Rob. Actually he said, wait a minute, no, I know who this is.
Speaker 3: I know Bethany.
Speaker 4: Actually I went out with her for a while A few weeks ago. I actually went out with her and we ended up we slept together, and every day afterward she kept just trying to get a hold of me. It was like this constant hey, what's.
Speaker 3: Up, and I couldn't.
Speaker 4: I couldn't like get her, I couldn't drop a hint that she would understand. So I eventually text her on like I don't know, like a third or fourth day, just to say that, hey, we're not a good match. And then then she stopped bugging me. So I was like, oh, I do not want to get into that, you know, I do. I don't want to wade into any of that.
Speaker 1: Well it sounds like, yeah, I'm not sure what waiting into that means. But because to me, he finally nipped it in the boat by telling her what was what. So really it was his fault that it got weird if you think about it, So you actually would have had the power to communicate with her what you wanted from her, and especially if you were excited. Doesn't mean that you guys have had the same situation.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel a little triggered by that excuse. I'm sorry, I guess I just I didn't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to even get involved with any of that, Like, I'm not gonna I don't want it to get to the point where I've got to send out a text of like, Hey, don't do this anymore.
Speaker 1: That's just I know, well, why are you dating? Like are you dating to be casual or are you dating to meet someone? So why are you anticipating telling somebody? I don't want to hear from you.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, I just I want to meet people and hang out, and I didn't want to keep it kind of casual, which is nice, but I just I'm not going to be with someone who's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Who wants to talk to you. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Jeremy, thanks for being honest with us. Will you know that Beth and he is actually on the phone and wants to talk to you, and she's been listening.
Speaker 3: Hi. Uh Okay, I gotta say, I'm like a little bit shocked by what I'm hearing right now, Like I do I know, I know exactly what you're talking about. I remember Rob obviously. Okay, so he's he was really nice at first. We had a really good date. We talked about going on a second date, and that's like kind of the reason I slipt with him and he slept together, and then he just completely goes to me again. Just keep having me me And yeah, I texted him a few times we had just slept together, but I wasn't I didn't text him like crazy. I literally texted him a couple of times, and then he messaged back saying he didn't want to see me anymore. I yeah, I mean I was bummed.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, I.
Speaker 4: Trust I trust Rob's judgment and if if it was too much for him, and then it it's gonna be too much for me.
Speaker 3: You know, I gotta was not too much. I literally texted him like a few times because we had like maybe a little passion. But I feel like if you put one trust Robb's judgment.
Speaker 4: On this one.
Speaker 1: Jeremy, how many friends do you have? Like how many is in your inner circle? And can we have all of their names? So Bethany knows not to date any single one of them because you guys have interested in bro rules.
Speaker 4: Oh just I think you know we're tight. We like to make sure that we're all on the same page about this kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Your friends are all on the same page about, like how you date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean aren't yours?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't tell me who to see and not well, yes they do, yeah, but different, Jeremy, But different.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: I think we've worked out a really nice sort of system. You know, I got to talk about my date now, well when my friend, Hey, don't do that, and I'm like, okay, well Rob, I'm going in. I talked about what kind of girls to see.
Speaker 3: I trust Rob.
Speaker 4: If he says, hey, that's not that's not a good one, then like, that's not a good one, you know. Yeah, I mean, look, with us, it's it's dogs before.
Speaker 5: Broads, you know what, Yeah, doogs before broads before.
Speaker 1: Listen, Jeremy, I respect your friends circle, but Bethany, it's time to get out. It's time to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I am not about this at all.
Speaker 3: I do not like that mentality from a grown man.
Speaker 2: So I'm good. I still have an ash, Jeremy, would you like to go on another day with Methany? Will pay for it? Dogs before?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, I got to.
Speaker 5: Listen to the dods all right, you guys?
Speaker 1: Do you guys bark when you see each other? What was that was?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: It was a bulldog, Bethany. I'm assuming you're cool. You don't want another date?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I would like to never see either of them again.
Speaker 1: To be honest, there's rough in these streets. Jubile's first date follow up