Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio news, the Stock Movers podcast. This is your roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and beyond, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look now at some of the stocks on the move today. We're joined now by Bloomberg's and Taignotia Bloomberg Equities Report. All right, Ittalia, what are you watching?
Speaker 3: So let's start with Nvidia. CEO spoke with FT He said that the company will spend hundreds of billions of dollars on new chips other electronics. The key takeaway is that the company is trying to move forward and make sure that supply chains are stable and the company will be able to produce more chips in the United States. What is interesting is the stock is relatively flat and it's getting more and more complicated for Nvidia to impress investors and analysts. We saw huge outflows out of the stock across institutional investors. But I have to say that one group of investors keeps buying and Nvidia no matter what. Retail traders every time they buy the deep two stocks not a huge surprise Nvidia and Tesla.
Speaker 4: We hear that from Eric Balchunis. When he comes in and talk to us about the ETF business. They their ETF flows continue to be positive even when the market was down ten percent this year. ETF flows are positive. Small or individual retail investors are buying.
Speaker 3: Exactly, but potentially. One of the reasons why we don't see such a big impact from retail investors on a Nvidia stock is because their exposure to US stocks is already at almost record high. What else you're looking at, Yes, so one company from the retail sector, it's called five below. The stock is up by seven percent today. This is a so called specialty value retailers.
Speaker 4: Yet Dollar General but similar I guess exactly.
Speaker 3: So they sell small things like phone cases, headphones, pet products.
Speaker 2: It's a really good place to go and you're buying cheap stuff, but you want look a little nicer than Dollar General for your daughter's birthday.
Speaker 4: Oh that's how it figures.
Speaker 3: In Okay, at least, Yes, So this is why it's interesting. We saw that results came above expectations, but again it's getting more difficult for companies, especially retailers, to impress analysts. We saw two downgrades from Barclays and Morgan Stanley and analysts are saying that huge headwinds we could see from tariffs, and again it's guidance sales is not enough to yes.
Speaker 4: I mean we're seeing that. I'm hearing that more and more, I guess I should say. As it relates to the retailers, analysts downgrading the stocks because they say, you know, I don't know what's going to happen on tears, but I know a lot of these retailers get a lot of other stuff from China, and I just know we we kind of have a sense of where the existing tariffs aren't China, and if anything there might even go higher, I'm out.
Speaker 2: Of here, right, I mean. And even the companies that tend to be loved by folks that like retail stocks like Costco, are also a question there too, like in a slowing economy that's going to get hit no matter what, not even layering in any exposure to China, which they might have very little, but nonetheless that puts perspective for five belout what else.
Speaker 3: Caravana The stock is up today by eight percent. That came after Piper Sandler analyst upgraded the stock to overweight from neutral. And this is why I think it's interesting. Analysts said that basically used car companies that sell used cars are kind of protected from tariffs because demand is local. Everything is already here, and so analysts in at the same time downgraded Stelants Revian. So we see this big spike in Caravana and you might be surprised, but on a twelve month basis, the stock is up by almost one hundred twenty percent.
Speaker 1: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.