Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Caerl Masser along with Tim Stanevek. We do want to also get to some stocks on the move with us as Bailly Lipsheltz, Bloomberg News Senior Equities reporter. Also with us, of course as Max Chafkin, Bloomberg Business Week Senior reporter, co host of the Everybody's Business podcast. And I can assume, Bailly, that your number one stock you're looking at in the aftermarket is SpaceX.
Speaker 4: None other than SpaceX ticker SPCX. For those of you trading the stock down seven percent, Max, It's funny because initially we say, okay, stock goes up four and a half percent post market earnings, look fine, No one really cares.
Speaker 1: But the main real driver is the stock was up.
Speaker 4: Almost sixteen percent in two days, so it's really just giving back some of those games, essentially trading to where it was this time yesterday. So I know the big thing to me, guys is we come into this everyone's like, oh SpaceX arnings. First off, it's typically SpaceX losses. Let's be real, don't call it results results. But it was interesting that Elon kind of kicked off the call. I don't know, Max, I didn't have that on my Bigo card. Did you make a Bingo card this year?
Speaker 5: There was no Beingo car, but of course I have my mental Bingo card at any time, you know, any On mus company reports earnings.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: I think Elon Musk loves to be at the center of these companies, and there's always been this tension with SpaceX because you know, unlike a Tesla, uh, SpaceX has a long time veteran well respected operating executive in president when shot well, and so there's always been this question, well, well, maybe they will sort of push her more to the center, especially as Elon Musk has grown more controversial. But I think when you're talking about the way this company is pivoted away from being the now, of course they do, as Tim was saying, they do have a lot of contracts with US government. Those contracts are just doing very well, thank you very much. But as they pivoted towards data centers and so on, then it becomes the Elon Musk show. It becomes here is the guy who spins a fantastical tale of the future to do that, and so far, I guess investors are kind of meh on it, meh for now.
Speaker 4: I mean, the thing that I've found fascinating covering this going into the IPO was Okay, no, this is a space monopoly. But then getting ready for the launch, it's like, well, actually, twenty six and a half of trillion of that twenty eight and a half trillion dollars TAM.
Speaker 1: Is really AI.
Speaker 4: So it's it's a space business, but like, let's sell the dream, much like Tesla, where don't worry about the actual underlying business.
Speaker 1: Look at the different levers we could pull.
Speaker 5: Well, the awkward thing about a monopoly is you don't have a lot of growth potential and so and so that is that I think that is the tension. They need to find a way to keep this advantage, which is that they launch most of the stuff to space while also spinning a growth story. And of course the way that they've opted to do that is via Starlink is saying actually, this launch business is yeah, you can think of it as a standalone launch business, but really it's the.
Speaker 1: Way we get these satellites into order.
Speaker 4: Well, I remember talking to investors before the IPO, and I was kind of like, are you surprised by this repositioning and they were like, well, you.
Speaker 1: Can't disprove it.
Speaker 4: You can't say that they aren't going to achieve this because you're fundamentally it's not there yet, so it's still a dream.
Speaker 3: All. The thing I will say is you look at the three different business sectors AI, connectivity, and space. I mean where they're spending in terms of capex. It's on the AI side of things.
Speaker 6: Data centers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's where they're really emphasizing. We got to talk about two other names while we've got baily Max. Feel free to chime in.
Speaker 1: We love, we Love, we Love.
Speaker 3: AMD also reported and that stock was down in the aftermarket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Amda ticker AMD down seven and a half percent. This does come after latest sales outlook less than people were looking for and kind of looking at that, you really have to keep in mind this is a stock that last two days was up, you know, seven or eight percent. The whole kind of ebbs and flows of everything going on with chips, so lofty expectations on the buy side. So even if you're missing maybe what the selside was looking for. Typically the byside whisper number is a much higher bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, and so a stock that's been on a tear paramounts guidance.
Speaker 6: Let's go to Paramount's guidance. Psky, is the tick.
Speaker 1: Or Bailey not really moving down?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I know, even though two million new customers for Paramount plus, including some of those to watch the FIFA World Cup.
Speaker 1: And you're a big sports ball guy.
Speaker 6: No I'm not.
Speaker 7: I am now becoming a sports dad because my son likes sports, so I am, and I'm learning about sports.
Speaker 1: So you're paying up for the Paramount.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, no, we paid for Fox whatever Fox's thing is. I forget what it's called one Fox one.
Speaker 6: Thank you. It sounds like Max is a sports dad too.
Speaker 7: Thank you for the reminder to maybe amend the subscription now at the fold by men.
Speaker 1: You mean, oh, you know, dial back, spend real.
Speaker 6: Watching on that was World Cup games?
Speaker 3: Can I just say though, on this release, a lot of cost cutting from the merger is what's kind of helping it, right, I mean.
Speaker 1: That's I don't know.
Speaker 4: I will not talk about things I don't understand, like judges and kind of court cases related to MNA.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm just saying cost cuts, you know, with the merger. I know we're still waiting on this one. Any thoughts Max.
Speaker 1: No, SAE, pounded failure. I think this, I think this legal fight is going to be really interesting.
Speaker 5: Obviously, that is going to say a lot about where this company goes.
Speaker 3: If Paramount doesn't close it's deale with Warner Brothers by September thirty, it will begin occurring a six hundred and fifty million dollars quarterly ticking fee to Warner Brothers shareholders.
Speaker 6: So does that mean David's aswal gets more money?
Speaker 3: Kitchen kitching?
Speaker 6: Okay, just wondering.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.