Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong Show, Katty Armstrong and Jetti and now He.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: So a new video came out about that dude that got shot over the weekend.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that in just a second.
Speaker 3: First this, we don't do as much red meat on this show as a lot of.
Speaker 2: Radio shows do. Red meat being when you're.
Speaker 3: Just you got the hungry lions of people who agree with you on a certain topic, and you just throw them the most delicious, easy to devour, good.
Speaker 2: Smelling, tasty stuff.
Speaker 3: You're making me hungry. That fits what they want. And it's just I mean, I don't know, it's just some shows. It's all they do. I just I don't dig it that much.
Speaker 2: Funny.
Speaker 3: I was watching a YouTube video yesterday about a comedy writer who used to write for Saturday Night Live and the way back in the day and how much he and Norm MacDonald seth Meyers. Some of the people like that hated jokes that were just pandering to the audience's politics, which is now they do all the time on Saturday Night Live. But like what Jimmy Kimmel does every single night, or Stephen Colbert. I mean, you got an audience there of lefties and you throw out a Trump's dumb and everybody claps and laughs.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's how do you sleep at night?
Speaker 3: I mean, that's just so embarrassingly red meat easy. It's just I don't know how you do that anyway, So we don't do as much of the.
Speaker 2: Just super simple stuff like that. I can't not do this one though.
Speaker 3: Michelle Obama the other day was talking about how as black women, we don't articulate our pain.
Speaker 2: Nobody allows us to speak out about our pain.
Speaker 3: And one response to that was, ma'am, I have literally never seen a clip of you talking in which you were not complaining. Oh that's good that we're not allowed to talk about our pain. When have you ever not been talking about your pain? And then they give you millions of dollars for books about your pain and TV specials and endless interviews and platforms at the convention to talk about your pain.
Speaker 2: We're not allowed to ever say our pain out loud. Oh give me a freaking break.
Speaker 1: The problem with being a leftist race hustler is you're not allowed to complain about being a victim at all.
Speaker 2: So that's why we never do.
Speaker 3: I've literally never seen a picture of you, video of you when you weren't complaining.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So you got the guy that was shot over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Who was he?
Speaker 3: Well, this is the way John Carl portrayed him in the intro d ADC this week Sunday morning.
Speaker 4: His name Alex Pretty. He was thirty seven years old. He was an American citizen. He had no criminal record. He worked as a nurse. His patients were American veterans. He was an avid outdoorsman, a competitive cyclist, and I licensed a gun owner. He played football and baseball in high school.
Speaker 1: He was a boy scout, uh literally a boy scout. There you go, in case you needed help with the narrative, mister Carl was trying to set up there.
Speaker 3: Okay, And he probably was all those things, but he was also this thing as reported in the news.
Speaker 2: In the new video that came out yesterday.
Speaker 5: New video appearing to show Minneapolis ICU nurse Alex Pretty in a struggle with federal agents eleven days before he was shot and killed. You see a man who appears to be pretty and others on the scene shouting at agents who had been blocking an intersection. On January thirteenth, a man who looks like Pretty seen kicking a federal vehicle before agents got out, pushed him and tackled him to the ground. Agents then firing gas into the crowd. But the agents got up and the man appearing to be Pretty, walked away a gun visible on his waistband.
Speaker 1: We don't know what happened before this altercation.
Speaker 3: So spitting on agents and kicking their vehicle while having a gun is not okay. You actually legally can't do that because you're getting involved with physically getting involved with law enforcement while packing a gun that you're right to carry. A gun went away at that point, so that's one thing he could have been charged with that. As Mark Halpern writes today, nobody serious is saying that it justifies him being shot in the circumstance he got shot, But it's no longer a portrait of a young man who was a peaceful protester. He was an angry interventionist on multiple occasions, maybe more than the two we've seen. Well, he might have been doing it every day, going and getting in the faces of cops, spitting on him, kicking their cars, that sort of stuff. And again, surely you're not stupid enough to think I'm claiming that. Then like two weeks later, you can shoot him anytime you want, for any reason. But but my argument would be John Carl did that little opening on ABC this week because he felt that mattered. Okay, well, if it matters what kind of guy was, now we're telling you what kind of guy he also was.
Speaker 1: Right, let's complete the picture, John, I doubt he will. Yeah, you're a nut if you do that.
Speaker 3: If you go there where law enforcement is trying to do their job and you spit on cops and kick their vehicle, you're a freaking nut.
Speaker 1: Your hobby is fighting cops. And also remind the football, baseball, and competitive cycling. Your hobby is fighting cops in the streets.
Speaker 2: It really is. And man, you are playing a dangerous game.
Speaker 3: Same as a woman who blocked in cops, which is itself a crime, and then her wife.
Speaker 2: Come on, big boy beer, get some lunch, can be here all day.
Speaker 3: I mean, go ahead and have that attitude with cops, cops and really dangerous situations. Do it over and over and over again and until your luck runs out well.
Speaker 1: And not only that, but spend all day raising the tension level and making it intentionally more and more difficult for the cops involved to do their jobs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I said the other day, if you haven't listened to that video where the poor dude gets shot, because you know, I wish he hadn't been shot, But if you haven't listened to that video with the sirens and the drums and everything, God, how you would keep your wits about you and you know, act in a reasonable measured way when you're in a fight, or you've been in a fight just recently, or people have been beat up yesterday. I mean, it's God asking something impossible of these.
Speaker 2: People, right, right?
Speaker 1: Does that excuse not living up to your you know, training, blah blah blah? No, But how about there are multiple things that went wrong, and let's be honest about all of them, including the boy scout who likes to fight federal law law enforcement in the streets, gets a charge out of it, thinks he's righteous.
Speaker 3: What he was a boy scout, he played high school football. He goes into dangerous situations and spits on cops with a gun in his belt, kicks out their tail lights, does it day after day and then at the end something bad happened and I'm shocked. Come on, not good, though hopefully it's being dialed down over the last couple of days. Getting Ice Barbie out of there probably helps. Tom Holman is now in there. Tom Holman, if you don't know his act, has been involved in the immigration thing at the federal level since the eighties, and Barack Obama gave him some presidential medal thingy for the way he handled deportations in the Obama administration. And he was speaking today from clips.
Speaker 2: Although I've not looked at the list.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've looked at over Jack, there's some fine, fine clips. Let's lead with sixty.
Speaker 6: I've been on a ground less than three full days. I got an heer on Monday, President in the United States coming and asked me to deploy here. Got here Monday evening and I'm staying for the proms gone. But we've made a lot of progress, a lot of progress in the last three days.
Speaker 3: He has grown up vibes versus several people in the Trump administration and all the Democrats in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Right right in the Democrats in the Biden administration speaking of which sixty one.
Speaker 6: We're in a fast administration. Well, I'll remember, more than ten million illegal alins entered this nation. Many were national security threats, public safety threats. We can't remember. We're two million, two million known godways, two million people hate paid more to get away. Why that's just scary to hell out everybody.
Speaker 1: Then he makes the point that he's been meeting with the officials both in Minneapolis and Minnesota in general, and they didn't agree on everything, but you can can't fix problem without discussions. And then give us sixty three.
Speaker 6: Michael, all we want is to talk to the person that's local and state law enforcement authorities locked in the jail cell. They chose the lockedest person up. That's what we want to talk to. The public safety treat So the argument is that protects victim witness of the crime, but it's it's.
Speaker 2: Crap, crap, crap.
Speaker 1: And then finally this sixty four.
Speaker 6: When we have these agreements, it takes less law enforcement agents to do the job. One agent can arrest one bad guy in the safety and security of a jail well where he's behind the wire. We know we don't have weapons, but when you normally release that public safety threat, illegal alien back in the community. We have a job to do. We're going to arrest them. So we're going to find them. And what happens is, now we've got to rest somebody on his turf. We as access to who knows what weapons. Now we got to send hoteam out covered back or cover the front or officer safeties. Then because of the hateful rhetoric in the attacks on ice officers, now we got to send the security team behind the arrest team. So what could have been done with one person a safety and security jail, Now we got fifteen sixteen people out there doing it. I know that causes stress in the community. So if we get these agreements in place, I mean, it's less agents on the street.
Speaker 1: So while brush cut guy whose name I have a mental block down with the long coat that was compared to to Aveno Nazi coats in one of perhaps the final idiotic stretching of who's a Nazi and who's not, I really prefer Holman's vibe. Oh yeah, And not for a second do I not agree that if you're here legally, there needs to be something done about it, even if you're a fine, hardworking person who's just looking for a better life. We've got to have a system for dealing with or change the law right, or change the law. But as a practical man, you cannot run rough shot to the point that you lose the public and you lose public support, because then you can't do your jobs. So I like Colman's approach. I think he was exactly the right move calming things down, I hope, although the.
Speaker 3: Real hardcore instigators who are more about causing disruption and tearing down the country than they are the specific issue in Minneapolis, I don't know if they're going to give.
Speaker 1: Up right right, Hey, when I was doing oh, we probably had to take a break. We're going to talk to Mike Lions in a few minutes about the situation. Do we strike around? What would that look like? And in my little section of good News, I forgot one of the stories I was going to bring you, and that for the first time in you know, my memory. Anyway, Democrats, who've always held a commanding edge on who do you trust more for education have lost it. Republicans actually lead that now in some pretty big polls. So the good news is people are waking up to how crappy and ideological government schools have become.
Speaker 3: So I mentioned last hour that I had a package lost by one of your major shippers, pretty expensive package, and I've run into some problems and got a couple of interesting texts about that that I think is news that you can use if you're ever in that situation. And it ain't good, but it's worth knowing ahead of time in case you're ever going to ship anything expensive.
Speaker 2: Ever again, stay tuned for all that.
Speaker 3: So I think this is having the information to know because I'd never lost a bag before shipping it, or a package or anything like that, and I'm going through it and so maybe it'll be helpful for to you if you are ever in that situation.
Speaker 2: But I can't.
Speaker 3: We set everything we've talked about over the last two hours, So you either get this or you don't. But here's a pretty good text taking a shot at me. Oh sure, I'm a moron for following the core gasm influencer, But you make maids dig through garbage without a tip and then can't remember your one piece of luggage, that's a.
Speaker 2: Pretty good shot. Fair criticism, Yes, it is fair criticism. The just will allow it. So I left my one big bag.
Speaker 3: We left it in the hotel when we left New Orleans, and then I called the hotel as soon as I figured that out, and they said, it happens every day, literally happens every day, and we have a system for it, and we ship at FedEx, And so I did that.
Speaker 2: FedEx lost it.
Speaker 3: And there's a lot of stuff in there, like a ton of stuff in there because we're just carrying light carryons on the plane. And I found out eventually the insurance you get for it is one hundred bucks. And that's if you can provide receipts for everything in the bag, including for the bag itself if it expensive. And I don't know about you, but like I don't keep receipts for three year old suitcases or that sort of stuff. Maybe you're more organized than I am. Or my jeans or my shoes or all the different things that we had in there, several persons, and then and then when I'm trying to deal with it, it's like, well, you're gonna have to contact the shipper, but you have a you have a tracking number. So obviously you had it says here package received and you had a tracking number. Where did it go next? I'm sorry, you're gonna have to talk to the person who shipped it. But you're the ones who had it last. They didn't have it last. You had it last, So why would I ask them where it is? If you're the ones who had it last, you'll need to talk to the shipper. I mean, I just got no It was no help whatsoever. It was so frosh Sir. We don't care about your problem and we don't want to solve it.
Speaker 2: Click Jack.
Speaker 3: All I can one text Jack. All I can say is air tags good, good idea. I've had it recommended, I've been planning to do it, and I have it. I will in the future. I will never have a big suitcase ever again with that having an air tag on it. It is true that you have to use the I'm not going to mention the company anymore claim process, and your limited to one hundred bucks your life. Your insurance policy if you've got an umbrella policy might cover for more.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll look into that. That's a good idea. Hey, I was just.
Speaker 3: Listening to your story about the company losing your package. Every time something ships with this company, I've had all kinds of problems they shouldn't be in business. Everybody should use the other companies. Because there's two big shipping companies we all know, right, and I'm going to blaspheme both of them. This is just my personal experience. So I've worked with this one. They lost something, they're making no effort to find it, and like like, it's just hilariously dismissing my problem.
Speaker 2: Well, you'll have to talk to somebody whoever dropped it off. But they don't have it anymore. You have it, it says.
Speaker 5: So right here, you have it.
Speaker 3: Where's the last place it was? I'm sorry, I don't have that information.
Speaker 5: WHOA who would?
Speaker 2: If you don't, just don't get it.
Speaker 1: But they're one person with one package. We don't care, click.
Speaker 3: Right, right right, And this help has happened seldom enough that we don't have to worry about it. We can just eat your misery. There's only two companies, and I just wanted to mention the other company. For I used to ship around musical instruments a lot, and I always paid for the insurance, the extra money for the insurance to cover the value. The one time something got broken and I called to try to take advantage of it, they had way too many hoops to jump through to actually use the insurance. It would have been impossible because, well, you can't prove that we did it. How do we know that you didn't break it after you took it out of the package, And there's just no way to prove that.
Speaker 2: So just let you know.
Speaker 3: With both of the big companies out there, you know, good luck, but I'm saying good luck.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, how do we know you didn't break it? Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. You sold me the insurance. How does this work?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh, it really doesn't.
Speaker 3: We never be Yeah, And then other smarter people told me, no, don't buy the insurance. It's waste of time. You just got to hope it doesn't get broken. But if it doesn't get broken, the insurance isn't going to help you.
Speaker 1: Sir. Let me make this clear to you. We took your money. Now we have your money. We're keeping your money. Click right, Except they'd say it to a broken banjo.
Speaker 3: They'd say it in a very thick accent from another world, from another country. We're gonna talk to Mike Leines about war with Iran and what that would look like, among other things coming up.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Geddy.
Speaker 7: As US President Donald Trump continues to threaten Iran's leadership, saying that the United States has amassed a gigantic force here in this region ready for military strikes.
Speaker 2: Iran's leadership remains defiant.
Speaker 7: I was able to speak with the speaker of Iranian's parliament, who tells me any attack on Iran would lead to a protracted war.
Speaker 3: Yan. It was interesting to find out today. I did not know this. Iran is the weakest they've ever been, but they're not completely defenseless. According to the Wall Street Journal, Tehran has an estimated two thousand mid range ballistic missiles that can reach across the region and strike as far as Israel also has significant stockpiles of short range missiles capable of reaching US bases in the Gulf and ships in the Strait of Horror Moves. I didn't know they were still that lethal. Could they bring those missiles to bear though, Jack? If Trump deploys the discombobulator again, right, let's discuss these matters and whatever else pops up with military analyst Mike Lyons. Mike, it's always enlightening and a pleasure.
Speaker 8: How are you, sir, Thanky guys. Great to be back. It's funny too.
Speaker 9: I got a text last night from somebody that said to me, are we going to be at war with Iran by the weekend? And I looked at the situation and said that the real possibility. So I appreciate this conversation today and let's let's see what we can talk about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I somehow had become convinced that Iran was practically helpless. But they're not as helpless as I thought. So where does that put us?
Speaker 8: Now they're not.
Speaker 9: They have this mobile capability and we'll we'll have to clear out some of these bases, some of the fixed targets. Let's say that they could go after that are in the region. There is You will have to be involved with this. You saw the Iranians respond even back when.
Speaker 8: Israel took out most of their air defense platforms.
Speaker 9: Back last spring, and they still were able to respond and overwhelm and hit targets inside of Israel. They could still do the same thing. Any of those air defense systems have are easily overwhelmed. Now we've got destroyers with When you bring the Abraham Lincoln, you bring all of the support that comes with that there will be a lot more air defense assets in the region, which I think the President is relying on should something happen. But they would have at least one last strike, and they could do some damage if they decided to launch something preemptively, So I don't think they launched preemptively. They'll they'll do it in response to something. If we don't get everything on the first round of our targeting.
Speaker 1: What would they be likely to target and how much damage do you suppose they could do?
Speaker 9: But I'll go for civilian built up areas. They'll go for military bases we have in the Middle East and likely try to hit some of our ships. They won't be success those because we're pretty good at defending our own fleet that's there. But Israel likely becomes the big target, which is why any military operation that we have we're contemplating with the Iranians in this situation as trying to weaken their regime. I'm sure the Israelis are arguing for a decapitation strikes, that we're going to do something in order to take out their command and control, take out their potential ability to launch ease center rockets. It depends how much they have been you know, they've been disintermediated, let's say, and they have commanding control down to low levels to just loass them, we assume, I think Israel assumes that there's a lot of commandic controls centralized there. So we go after those targets. Perhaps we can keep them from launching, but Israel is going to be very involved because they'll like to go after built up area civil in areas that they'll look to make sure that they can defend first as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know the history of these sorts of things is having very clear cut goals. What we're trying to accomplish is always so important, I mean, and so when we are trying to take out their capability to build a nuclear weapon, that's that's pretty clear goal.
Speaker 2: But our goal here is stop being bad guys. What is our goal?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, we've given them these three demands that are just maximus, you know, you know from our perspective, basically, no more Enrichmond of nuclear weapons and nuclear sites in Iran, completely limiting the number and range of long range ballistic missile as they have. And then then when they must end all support to proxy groups they're supporting them to the least, which I think are very weakened now as well. I mean, I don't think that is as big a threat. Israel has done an incredible job. You've got really maybe the who Thi's left a little bit of there and there's you know, strands of heads below maybe on the like, but Hamas and these other areas, these other groups have been very much decimated. So but this is really about the president making Iran come to heal in some ways, and this implied regime change that always takes place every time we get involved with something like this. We saw it in Venezuela, and I think, you know, we've got to be careful because this is not Venezuela. This is not the same situation. This is a forty seven year regime that's been in charge, that rules with an iron fist, that is killing tens of thousands of its own people right now.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 9: Trying to find some historical analogy, looks Hungary in the fifties, maybe more like Syria because all the power silver remains with the government. There's the civilians that no chance, they have no way to fight against this, the Republican guards and also the revolutionary guards that exist inside of Iran.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you brought up the protesters there at the end, I was going to mention. So we went through the three demands that Trump more or less announced over the last couple of days. None of them included anything about protesters. He hasn't mentioned protesters in a couple of weeks, and that was the original reason for sending the aircraft carrier. So is all of this just kind of you know, we just need a reason to go in there and get rid of the eye tolla.
Speaker 2: Is that what's going on?
Speaker 8: I think so, I think that could be it. But this is Israel.
Speaker 9: I think their influence on this and their strategy is always decapitated in they But I still think that would be.
Speaker 8: A good try and result.
Speaker 9: It's just, you know, what is a military target in this In this case, the target some you know, a six year old cleric to try to take out his command post, which he really doesn't control the military anyway. That you know, you don't know a lot about the inner workings here that he has influence and the like.
Speaker 8: But but if from from.
Speaker 9: Our perspective in the United States, it's not a good target. From aerial's perspective, it's a great target but but that's not something they.
Speaker 8: Could do on their own. It's not something that we think it's going to lead to any positive results.
Speaker 1: Talking to military analysts Mike Lyons and Mike, you've touched on this a little bit, But if you are going to launch a decapitation strike, you always have to have a reasonable idea of what will happen next? What well, I mean, are you just going to create a leadership vacuum and cross your fingers or is the idea? Look, we are just going to reduce their offensive capability, whether it's nuclear programs, uh, financially funding the proxies, the ability of the Republican Gardis strike. We're just going to weaken Iran however much we can and then see what.
Speaker 2: Happens and react to it.
Speaker 1: That sounds like what the goal might be.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's not a good goal.
Speaker 9: And I think you saw a Rubio secretary Ubia testify yesterday that why Venezuela has gone well so far as because they'd set the stage for that what happens next? After they pulled out in Duro, they made a deal with everybody around them and said, you know, you can either be cooperative or you're going to find yourself in an armed junk stuit on a special force of helicopter. And so they're kind of playing.
Speaker 8: Ball, so to speak.
Speaker 9: But there's nobody to play ball inside of Iran.
Speaker 8: There's no that. We just don't don't we.
Speaker 9: The United States doesn't have that kind of influence. Maybe Turkey does, and other Islamic countries do, but there's that it's not the same situation. So we're going to repeat the mistakes of Iraq and potentially I look at Syria what happened there, there was protests against the government and that that civil war lasted seven years. It's going to take something inside Iran like Uranian military itself rising up and having a conflict against the Revolutionary Guards and and and some of the major players, but having them stop kill their own people, which is another major factor here. But but without that that day after plan. Again, there's I hope there's people in the administration saying, look, we can project power as much as we want, strangle as much as we want, but once we start firing missiles, then then all bets are off.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that hints toward to what I was about to ask, Because you know, you you come on air and you analyze the military situation, which as you're asked to do on variety of shows, But you don't sound like you got a lot of enthusiasm for the idea of the United States going to war with Iran.
Speaker 8: I don't. I don't see a military solution to this.
Speaker 9: Again, we've talked about Iran greatest foreign policy failure in my lifetime post World War two, you name it.
Speaker 8: It's affected my whole life.
Speaker 9: It's affected million, tens of millions of Americans that have fought in conflicts in the Middle East.
Speaker 8: And and I.
Speaker 9: Love nothing more for it to change. And we've watched the previous political administrations appease Iran and try to do all kinds of things to get them to come to play ball, but they're not so and I think they haven't been and I don't think.
Speaker 8: They're changing now. We're seeing that they're.
Speaker 9: Not going to go against They're not going to all of a sudden agree to our maximust demands, so to speak. So we're the.
Speaker 8: Policy should remain containment.
Speaker 9: Maybe we put some naval blockade, but I think that that crosses a red line for them as well. Maybe they start firing, but once they start firing. Then I think all bets are often I think it introduces other things that we could do. But maybe the naval blockade is what we'll do next. But there's no military solution that's going to get regime change in Iran.
Speaker 8: As as hard ast for me to say that.
Speaker 1: It's frustrating but true, even as a superpower, like you know, geopolitics, Like in life, there are some problems you don't fix. You just manage them. That's the best you can do. Mike, last question for me, anyway, I made a half light hearted reference to the discombobulator in introducing you. According to many accounts, during the raid on Maduro in Venezuela, right, the guys who are falling to their knees, bleeding from the eyes, whatever, and weapons systems were rendered inoperable. Yeah, what's going on there? What's your best guess?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: So what I love about our countries and we got things on the shelf that we could try and.
Speaker 8: Then we pull out for things like this.
Speaker 9: I spent some time the last couple of weeks down to Special Ops Command down down to.
Speaker 8: Tampa actually with their softworks, with.
Speaker 9: Their innovations center down there, and it's pretty amazing the kind of things that we have in this you know, kind of James Bond foundry that exists in that building, and the kind of things that we're developing, you know, from a creativity perspective. So we're just doing a lot more creative things in order to you know, to assure that we have a military victory and we can exert our forces there using not only just kinetic but electronic and you know, turning the lights out, you know, cyber there's all there's all kinds of creative things that we're doing, thank god, a lot of levels. And so so that's that's kind of what that's all about. And the President that's a pretty good job of masking it and being and explaining it in a way that makes it mysterious and sounds like a James Bond movie. But I could tell you this. It's it's very interesting stuff.
Speaker 1: Do you think our adversaries are equal to us China specifically in that realm?
Speaker 8: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 9: I think part of its creativity, part of what our advantage is there always are fact that we think of stuff and actually go and do it. You know, there was this you saw of the NATO chancellor or the NATO secretary step there said, you know, these countries have to spend ten times the amount of budget in order to get militaryized. But what they would miss out is our innovation. And China doesn't innovate anything. He just copy and so were we put things out there that we don't even think is correct, and China will try to copy and go down a rabbit hole and realize it doesn't kind of work.
Speaker 8: Maybe we're doing that with this Golden Dome system.
Speaker 9: And I still am not into a missile defense systems as a conversation for another day.
Speaker 8: But what other countries.
Speaker 9: Don't have we have is a side the great resources, it's just the innovation in order to get actually things done.
Speaker 8: And that's that's that's our advantage.
Speaker 1: Military military analyst Mike Lyons, Mike, thanks so much for the time.
Speaker 8: Enjoyed it as always, great guy, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. What's interesting. We we will have to drill down on that another day. Mike is sanguine about or skeptical of of missile defense systems. How interesting.
Speaker 3: I wasn't going to ask him this on the air, but I'll bet he has personal friends.
Speaker 2: That have died at the hands of Iran. I'd be shocked if he didn't.
Speaker 1: Or and their proxies obviously, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've killed. Iran has been behind killing more Americans than any other country in the world over the last probably since World War Two, well Vietnam, but yeah so but but but even with that, he's got friends who probably died at the hands of the Iranian regime. He's not hawkish on the idea of trying to take this on because he doesn't think it would.
Speaker 1: Work right, right or you'd certainly have enough margin for doubt or reason to doubt that it'll come out well that you think in maybe not, because this tempting is hell just to think, all right, you know what, that's enough of that, that's enough of that. The Mullin is freaking malevolent, Islamist, hateful, sick regime.
Speaker 2: That's enough.
Speaker 1: Well what comes next? So I don't know, we're gonna find out, aren't we? Eh? Anyway, word from our friends at rough Greens good for your dog, Good for your dog's long term health. Rough Greens is not a dog food. You add it to your dog's food and it provides live, bioavailable nutrients, including essential vitamins, minerals, probiotics, digestive ensomes, and omega oils.
Speaker 2: A lot of dog food.
Speaker 3: If you're just buying a lot of regular off the shelf dog food is not very nutritious, and this Rough Greens really make sure that it is in a way that really no other dead dog food can be.
Speaker 2: So try it out. Why not.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna cost you very much. Rough Greens is offering a free Jumpstart trial bag. You just cover the shit. Use the discount code armstrong to claim your free Jumpstart trial bag at roughgreens dot com.
Speaker 1: Good stuff Support, Immune defense, slow age related decline, anti inflammatories, good stuff roughgreens dot com. It's r u f fgreens dot com. Roughgreens dot Com. Use that code armstrong, get your free jump style Start trial bag, and you just pay the shipping. As Jack said, don't change your dog's food, Just add Roughgreens and watch the health benefits come alive.
Speaker 3: Tim Walls, governor Minnesota, yesterday, actually said, is this Fort Sumpter, Minneapolis?
Speaker 2: And like the beginning of the Civil War?
Speaker 1: Would you shut up?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 6: That half?
Speaker 1: What can you imagine? He was almost Vice president?
Speaker 2: Ooh dang it.
Speaker 3: Hunter Biden continues to be a scumbag, among other things we can talk about.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned, Armstrong.
Speaker 10: Bufflehouse is taking Valentine's Day reservations. Fun fact, February fourteenth is the only day of the year that waffle House customers can call ahead to book a table or a booth.
Speaker 2: Every other day, you just have to wake.
Speaker 3: Up in one, which I believe I have done. I believe I have taken a nap and a waffle House booth.
Speaker 1: I may have drifted off briefly.
Speaker 2: It's very tired, exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking of classy, that nurse whose TikTok videos or Instagram whatever it is, went viral suggesting how you could jab ice agents with needles full of paralyzing drugs or whatever, give them x lax so they can't get off the toilet and enforce the whatever. She's been fired from her job.
Speaker 3: Oh really, that's I don't think that's like cancel culture. I think that's appropriate. You've got a nut job working for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who specifically advocated using the tools of healing to damage law enforcement agents?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean all the.
Speaker 3: Medical providers grabs of syringes with needles, you know this something full of sailing or sucks and on coin, you know whatever, whatever, that will probably be a deterrent. Yeah, that multi syllable slurry word she threw in there is the paralyzing agent Joe was talking about. So what are you going to steal that from the workplace here and syringes and then go attack people in government? Well that's nice, how about you don't work here anymore? But not only did you think of it, you put it online? Well, right, yeah, which is a certain sort of person. But it fits in with this whole cosplay thing that we've been talking about for a week or so. These people who post this stuff and think this is all just like a TV show or a game or something like that, that there are no real world consequences for putting your you know, your your name and your face out there and talking about attacking cops or whatever, like nothing's going to happen because this is all just a game, right right.
Speaker 2: I think it's a symptom that that's nuts.
Speaker 1: It's a symptom of people living their lives heavily online because there are no well few real world consequences for your wild statements online and also being in ideological bubbles, whether media or just personal.
Speaker 2: Well, we've talked about this before.
Speaker 3: People that have come after us like cross the line and we have to get the cops involved, which we have done multiple times and will again if you do it, if you cross the line.
Speaker 2: But where they.
Speaker 3: Cross the line and then cops get a hold of them, they're like, oh no, I didn't mean that. I love the show. I just was, you know, trying to be funny or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's just I was mad.
Speaker 1: I've been calm down. I would never hurt any.
Speaker 3: But as part of the whole there no real world ramifications for the things you say and do and this weird online, crazy thing we live in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keyboard Warriors, I love that phrase. Next hour. Let's push it in the next hour because I don't want to rush through it. And yes, bye Gully by Jingo.
Speaker 2: We do four.
Speaker 1: Hours of fabulous content. If you can't stick around, or your local station doesn't get it or whatever, just grab it via podcast. Subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand and give us a glowing five star review if you think of it. But it's a large nationwide poll about several specific education topics and policies, and what's become infinitely clear is, once again, like we brought you the poll earlier that Americans three to one say, no freaking way boys ought to be in girls' sports, even if they don address and mascara or whatever. No so called transgender girls in girls sports. It's overwhelming, and yet people are like afraid to even suggest that a couple of years ago because of the loud, mean activist class. Well, if you look at all sorts of different school policies, the weight of the American public is one hundred percent on the conservative not one hundred percent, Joe. You're literally going to describe the percentages of people who believe these things. You can't say one hundred percent. It's a good point, me, It's a good point you make. Anyway, let me rephrase that it is overwhelming clear. That's funny that most Americans agree with you, good people.
Speaker 3: It's like calling something priceless is with their price tag dangling from it.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this thing weighs a ton, Joe, it's a fifty pound ways sitting on a scale right now.
Speaker 3: If you miss a segment or an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. We do a lot of them, four hours every single day. You should subscribe it. Just make your life easier, wouldn't it.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty