Speaker 1: Al Zone Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome to It could Happen here, the podcast where it's happening both here and everywhere else. I am your host Fo Wong, and today we're talking about the it being the fascist network state that the all of these ventured capital tech ghouls are trying to set up. And with you once again to talk about this is Shaneley, who is one of the contributors and people behind VC Infodox, which is one of the best resources about these bloodthirsty tyrants. Shy, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you for having me again.
Speaker 2: I constantly have these moments where it's like, oh great, I'm talking to people who are really cool, and I really wish I was talking to them about literally anything else, because oh my god, this stuff sucks. Like please please cause the end of this system, so I could talk to people about things that are good instead of things that are nightmarish.
Speaker 4: My dream is to not wake up every single more the first thing I think about is Winter Capital.
Speaker 3: I think about it every second.
Speaker 4: Of every day, and then that's when I go to sleep thinking about and then that is also sometimes what I dream about, which is unfortunate.
Speaker 2: You know, we've all been there, We've all been there. Oh god, So speaking of things all being in places, Look, they pay me the mediocre box if youel a better transition more. But you know, let's get into what the network state actually is, because I think it's something that is not understood particularly well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: So again, this kind of comes in what we're talking about last episode, that kind of people's ideas about what these projects are not necessarily like fully fully formed. And I think a lot of people think that the network state is just kind of like them going to do weird shit, which yes, that's that's part of it. But I think something that you know, people don't really see is how how many purposes that the network state sites have for them. You know, the network state is basically creating zones around the world where they can execute their projects.
Speaker 3: So you know, some of.
Speaker 4: These are more of the like ideological projects like maybe like practice or something like that.
Speaker 3: But you also see network state.
Speaker 4: Sites that are very focused on being like industrial centers, manufacturing centers, you know, biotech and startup development where they can get away from regulations, where they can sort of benefit from like co development on a campus.
Speaker 3: You know, you have sort of.
Speaker 4: New city ideas like California forever, you have network state sites that the only thing they're doing right now is they're registering startups to operate in different countries and favorable terms. You have a whole sort of bunch of different versions of this, so it's a very like extensible concept for them. I think some other you know, interesting properties of the network state is that it can become like a point of sort of negotiation with the with the host country. Like one of the points of the network state is to open up a country to the cryptocurrency markets, to mining markets, to you know, just the different biotech markets. This is a way of them getting into a country like kind of on their own terms, which I think is a big, big function of it. A lot of it has to do with crypto adoption, because if they're going to make cryptocurrency work, they need it to be adopted around the world. And this is why coinbase is making such extreme investments in the network.
Speaker 3: State because this is a way to also you know.
Speaker 4: Get crypto into all of these markets, start entering into trade with other nation states where the points of negotiation are around regulation, are around taxation, around access to land and minerals.
Speaker 2: So can you describe kind of what does it look like inside one of these zones, like, for example, like how do these compare to say, like a special economic zone, which is the kind of models of this that we've had traditionally.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Absolutely, And you know, the Network State is built using special economic zones, so it's really not functionally different on a lot of different levels. It's more about like who is using this special economic zone and what do they want to do with it? And medical experimentation is actually a huge goal here because you know, again when we're talking about them getting into medical development, developing all of these biotech startups, they're facing existing monopolies in the US.
Speaker 3: They're also facing the FDA.
Speaker 4: The Network State book by Belaji shrina Vasan, who's an andresen Horowitz like guy for life like he's andresen Horowitz. One of the main motivations for the Network State is getting to a place where you can't have any medical regulations. And so in Honduras they've been doing that. They've been doing unregulated clinical trials. The doctors in Honduras have been organizing to try to shut this down and they haven't been able to and they're going to have way worse problems now because Trump just installed a new president install the president there who is is in support and is taking the steps to you know support this a special economic zone called their ZA. But that's that's one of the big reasons that they're doing it. Their medical offering is profound. They're doing clinical trials, drug developments, activating clinical research sites. They're also involved in like insurance software, insurance marketplaces, IVF, longevity, anti aging, like the whole you know thing. And this goes back to like when venture capital is entering a new market now, like they come like locked and loaded with a full platform and get in more accelerated clinical trials is something that is going to move their project forward significantly. Network state is is a way to accomplish that.
Speaker 2: So these these sort of nodes that they're setting up of these networks stix sites are places where you know, they've been able to sort of carve out special economic zone status. That means that like the traditional sort of regulatory structure of the country simply does not apply. Yes, yeah, which is very which is in a lot of ways, and this is like a special economic zone thing in general, it's like very sort of like fascist state of exception where like, oh yeah, no, we've just you know, there's like a crisis in the crisis is that we can't do like human experimentation, and so we've now created this zone where just none of the laws apply. It's like the kind of like evil mirror World Universe version of like temporary autonomous zones, except it's like what if we had a permanent zone of fascism where all the laws didn't apply and we could just do whatever we wanted.
Speaker 4: Percent It's also deeply concerning because the obsession with accelerating clinical innovation, drug innovation, like whatever that is, like at some point there is a like what makes that stuff move the fastest, and it's human trials and human experiments, and the more people that you can shove, the faster you can shove through medical development.
Speaker 3: And that's very concerning.
Speaker 4: So to me, I see this as like a recipe for large scale medical abuse and disaster.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so yeah, when you when.
Speaker 4: You look at them doing these unregulated and unethical medical experiments and trials in Honduras, and then you see in this other part of the world in different countries in Africa that the networks see. It is also targeting that you know, recently news came out about a very contraver, virtual and very unethical experiment in Guinea Buso to test the vaccine timing of epetitis B on fourteen thousand infants.
Speaker 3: And the acting director of.
Speaker 4: The CDC at the time that this was approved is Jim o'nill And Jim o'nial is from Peter Thiel's Vender Capital from myth Roles, and he was also on the board of the c Studying Institute, which is where a lot of this sort of network state stuff does come from. So this is a recipe for like mass scale medical abuse. And even if you look at like what world Coin, which is Sam Altman's like eyeball scanning thing like that is a biotech thing like that starts to get into the the realm of like medicine and stuff like that. So you see these sort of forces starting to converge in these areas, like these aren't infants that they are doing these babies that they're doing these on. And at the same time, in that same country, a extremely well established executive and the network state is looking to build a network state city.
Speaker 3: So you know, getting these sites.
Speaker 4: In there into different countries in Africa, they can go after the precious minerals. They have a labor source there. They're already exploiting people there for the AI content moration and tagging and like all of that with disastrous effects. You also have the really concerning factor of like so many people in the top of the venture capital like apparatus are South Africans, and when you just start to put all those pieces together, it's extremely worrying. One of the enter capital mining startups because now they have multiple mining startups. Discovered the largest discovery of copper in ten years from computers in Berkeley, and then they showed up in Zambia.
Speaker 3: Oh God, to start extracting the copper.
Speaker 4: So you know, the network state opens up these countries to like this new era of like exploited labor, mineral harvesting, medical experiments, and the network state gives them a way to get into a country and start exploiting the fuck.
Speaker 2: Out of it. Yeah, it's corporate colonization.
Speaker 3: Yeah period.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a bunch of these people going like, oh, the problem with the East India company was that they actually had to like run the country, which is really expensive. So what if instead of that we just took over like the nodes that we wanted to use and then use that to push everything sort of further. And that of like building a giant army and marching through India.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent, and you know, the labor exploitation that is like developing some of this stuff that we're starting to see where like you know, venture Capital has a very close relationship with bou Kelly and Al Salvador. Yeah, bou Kelly is sitting on a prison full of people that haven't had due process and he's now using them for free labor, slave labor.
Speaker 2: This is the Seacot person that you might remember, like Trump had been deporting people here, and this place is just unbelievably hideous abuses. Yeah, it's an entire facility that is just dedicated to inflicting violence and suffering and humiliation on these people who have no trials, have no access to rights through legal system, and it's just this like nightmare black hole.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, there's always lots of factors involved when I talk about stuff like I'm talking about the venture capital aspect, and there are other players involved, but one of the big things is like what happens when venture capital starts interacting with another country, and what we see in Latin America is that they make contact with hunterists, they set up a colony, they start terrorizing the people on the island, They become material actors in installing an illegitimate president with Trump's help. And then you know, they make contact with El Salvador and El Salvador becomes quote unquote bitcoin country, and El Salvador becomes a prison state and like a slave labor state. In Argentina, same things the venture capitalists back to Malay, to the absolute health. Malay is now gutted to government, deregulated everything. He is putting these terrible labor abuse policies through.
Speaker 3: So when.
Speaker 4: Venture capital contacts these countries, it is transforming them, is changing them. It's changing their politicians, it's changing their policies, it's changing their land, it's changing their financial system. And that is really concerning. And you know, one of the things about the venture capital model, this goes back to even just the fact that like they have operated global IT systems, so they have servers everywhere in the world, and all of the servers are exactly the same. And so when you look at what the network state is going to look like it's going to be very similar. It's going to be the same thing everywhere, and those will be basically commanding control nodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it seems like they've done a very very good job of kind of either subverting or like allying with factions of the traditional sort of like right wing elite and then you know, propelling them to power and then using their power and influence and the fact that they were able to get these people into power in the first place to sort of set up zones of extraction for them and increase their power inside of these states.
Speaker 3: One thousand percent.
Speaker 4: And you know, if you look at how much they've been able to compromise the American government.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then these.
Speaker 4: Countries do not have the wealth, the infrastructure of that, you know, anything like that, they're so vulnerable to this type of attack. So if in order to get its global projects done, Venture Capital needs to install favorable politicians all over the world world. They're offering packages to all of those politicians. They're offering the money, the social media attention and platform that they can give them. They're giving them an economic policy that they can go forward and say, we're going to turn this country into like a technology industry, and we're going to bring all this foreign investment blah blah blah. You know, they can really just like hand pick politicians and pretty easily like set them up with a guaranteed win and over time that's like a global tech fascist access.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And one of the things that we know about sort of the way that fascist state construction works is that if you're constructing, you've constructed a bunch of these nodes of this sort of this fascist network state. But fascist states always need to sort of create an enemy for themselves, and that enemy has been China. So do you want to talk about the way that they've been seeing Belton Road and how they've turned this into a civilizational conflict.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent. You know, if you listen to what venture kapitalists say about who the enemy is, like, it is China. They talk literally constantly about China. Almost all of their startups in every single sector talk about China all of the time, but particularly in the weapons part of that and the premise of their military build out. What they say is that this is about China, and this is about fighting China, and this is very serious to them, and the fundamental cause is like their technology competing with China's technology, and actually venture capitalis would admit that China has better technology than us and that they're ahead of us, so this is a crisis for them.
Speaker 2: This is all in some set's very silly to me, the girl, the girl who studies China, because it's like all the tiniest tech people you're competing against, like believe like ninety five percent of the same shit you do. All of you could simply work together and make money forever, but instead you've decided to do this, like, oh god, this like unhinged genocidal military build up because like you needed a great enemy in order to like keep doing your being fascist bullshit. Oh god.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And like via absolute worst case scenario for the world would probably be like the top technocratic elite from China and the top technocratic elite from the US deciding they were gonna work together and just fucking literally everyone else in the world.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, it's like they were like all the road to doing that. It was like like this is like like trying to wto integration. Like this was a thing. This this was like a version of history they could have had where it's like, yeah, congratulations, you've created like permanent technocratic rule, but like no, no, eat shit, we want to fight each other for obscure and nebulous ideological reasons. Is to generate the sort of fear necessary to do their projects. It's just like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one thousand percent. It's very it's very strange. But you know, like Palmer Lucky who you know, and Palmer Lucky, like people make fun of a lot of the tech people for being dumb, and like Palmer Lucky is absolutely not dumb. Like he is a very very smart person and he's spending every single moment of every single day figuring out how to defeat China. And that's the case for his entire company. But this, this is an issue for them. It's shaping sort of the dialectic. And so within this the net, where is the network staying this well, China's Belt and Rode initiative is creating infrastructure projects and nation state alliances across Latin America and across Africa for China, and you see the network state really investing in Latin America and Africa as while so certainly, one way to conceptualize this is as the Network State is a counter to Belt and Road and it is part of their cold war with China which is playing out across all of these regions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's another thing where it's just like I have seen how both how both of these groups treat the workers in Africa that they're employing. Like both of you two believe the same shit. You're both fucking racist doing colonialism, but like you've decided to drag the entire fucking world into your like oh God, okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna tell one China racism story here because we've be getting an enormous amount of American racism, Like like this is this is a country where like, like China's a country where like you get soap ads where like you have a black person and they like rub their skin with soap and they like turn white. This is like the kind of racism you're dealing with. One of the big ecological moments in China was there's a documentary called Under the Dome. So we're gonna get a little bit far field here, but this I think matters a lot in terms of why this is happening. The CCP allowed this woman who'd been a state broadcaster like a television personality like broadcaster for a long time, she had a kid, so she was taking time off. This is like the early twenty tens, like the height of like air pollution in China, and she does this like giant documentary about air pollution. It's allowed to stay on the internet for like a couple of days before it's taken down. And one of the big points of this is that part of the reason that pollution is so bad is that there are all of these cars in China that don't meet Chinese emission standards for being sold to the Chinese market, and the reason they're producing these cars is that they specifically have an entire class of cars that are like way way way more pollutant and shittier that they specifically designed to sell to Africa. Like it's like that kind of like structure of racism, right, and it's like, you know, it's just like the sort of horror show of like watch these two just like different versions of this sort of like nightmare colonialism entity where you know, like China is trying to find a way to reproduce its own capital as its growth rate like slows, and the networks that people, you know, I have that also had this project of like we want to sort of install our own version of fascism here, and they're just sort of like building these like parallel networks against each other just like I don't know, it makes me so miserable that so many people are getting fucked by just like the global capitalist superpowers and the way that like venture capital money has become a political force that can do their own unbelievably like probably more hideously fucked versions of what Chinese capital has been able to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, you know, at the end of the day, that's where where we need to come back to, is like this is about capitalism, like this about colonialism, it's about like imperialism, and like we fight this at that level, at the level of structural analysis, of historical analysis, of like full analysis, of unflinching analysis, and that that is the only way to get out of this situation that we're in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is to understand what is actually happening at a structural level and understand the actual forces that are operating instead of the big, flashy name people who the spotlight has been on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is one of the few things that makes me excited about venture capital because like, here is a lens where we can actually see capitalism in a live, moving and active, dynamic, destructive, very much visible. You can see this, you can see it happening, and that is like such an opportunity to wrap up the network state stuff. So, you know, a lot, a lot is sort of said about this being their own state, which it absolutely is. It leads to that, but once you add up these pieces of them having land and them having cities, and then they're racism. So they think that they're better than everyone, and they're like misogyny and like their wealth and them being sort of in their own kind of category which also has all of the different sort of pieces of civilization.
Speaker 3: Like out of that they derive both.
Speaker 4: An identity and like a drive for civilization building. And so one thing that people talk about a lot is eugenics, and like eugenics beliefs sort of in the tech class, but we are so far beyond that and into an actual eugenics project where venture capitalists are encouraging the tech class to create more and more babies. They are creating a dizzying number of fertility startups IVF genetic screening, you know, engineering of the genome like all of these different areas, and they see Israel as the example of that because the Israeli fertility rate is really high despite it being a technocratic This is there where it's not mine. Yeah, just to be clear, this is what they say. They say Israel is aspirational because it's the technocratic state where they have a really high birth rate, and that that is what they want to emulate, you know, through the network state, and they want to you know, selectively breed, and they want to use these technologies to breed and hyperbreed.
Speaker 3: And one of the tech philosophers that.
Speaker 4: Should actually get way more intention than Curtis Yarvin but doesn't is Nick Land. And nick Land basically yeah, but nick Land's one of his main thing is that a small elite will use eugenics technology to rapidly outpace the rest of the world to such an extent that it creates basically.
Speaker 3: Like a new species in.
Speaker 4: That sense, I see, you know, ideology being something that emerges out of all of this other things that they're doing.
Speaker 3: They do all of this crazy shit.
Speaker 4: They have all this economic stuff going on, you know, they have all this medical stuff going on, and then what comes out of that is this is our civilization. We are going to breed to populate this civilization, and we are going to surpass the rest of humanity which we lolls in, which we see as lab rats and guinea pigs and vermin and scum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's the situation where like like this is like a thing that a lot of the worst right wingers have believed for a long time. But these people control vast sections of the global economy. And because they do that whatever like unhinged like racist eugenic breeding project thing they want to do, they could just do it because they have the capital to like actually create these things. It's like, well, like obviously they're not going to be able to successfully like create a super race or whatever, because like that's just digenics doesn't work, right, Like but like it's you know, but like it doesn't matter. They have achieved a level of power and a level of capital. Where like the actual quote behind the reality based community thing, where for the Bush administration, we're like the thing that got into like the media was like calling their roles the reality based community. The actual quote is about how liberals observe reality and conservatives create it, and so they're trying to just hammer reality into their preferred shape through this combination of wealth and violence. And because of that, Yeah, they can just fucking do this, all of this like eugenic shit that people just talk about. They can just attempt to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: It's they're telling their workers to have more children. They are doing their own school programs, elite schools for these kids. They've talked about having their children being able to work at a startup by the age of fifteen.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: Ah, Yeah, it's really wild. This is very much a reality. It's something that is allready happening now. And so one of the main messages that I have for people is like they are so much more advanced in these projects than anyone has awareness of. Like things are way beyond the emerging and see moment, and we need global response, and we need global emergency response, and we need resistance. When venture capitalists show up to these areas, the people there don't know what's hitting them. And that's even true in the US, where these venture capitalists came from, people did not know that they were about to take the presidency. In other countries, they definitely don't know. We need global defense from this. Everywhere they fucking go, they should be met not only by people there who have been told and have the access to the information, but also to a global coalition that's ready to stand by. These are invasions of countries, These are invasions of sovereign nations and of communities, and that's what we need to fight back. And I think my research and other researchers and what's on vcmflodox like leads to that conclusion of like that is how we're going to have to fight this.
Speaker 2: And I think that's something that right now feels unimaginable. But also unless you are really really young, you have lived in a period where something like that existed, you know, to a large extent, this is what the global justice movement was. There's a bunch of different names, but like the original anti globalization movements, like the one that was born out of the nineties, the one that was born out of the Zapatista's rebellion against NAFTA, like the Zapatista's brought together hundreds and hundreds of groups from all over the world like to these giant convergencies, and they planned like an international strategy to presist these sort of these like free trade proposals, and you know, were they able to like defeat capitalism and like retake the globe. No, but they were successful in killing basically all new free trade agreements like in the period after. And this is where you get like the Battle of Seattle and like the whole Giant, like all the protests at all of the summits, and like Genoa. And this is the process that built the modern left right, like the modern American left comes out of occupy, which is a bunch of the veterans of that movement by doing this. Yeah, and like you all, like everyone listening to this, unless you were born in like the twenty tens, have lived in a world where people did this. It's kind of a parallel movement. But one of the things that happens in this period in your lifetimes almost certainly, is that a bunch of people like took the city of Wahaka in like two thousand and six, we have taken major North American cities from them in your lifetime. We can do this. We just have to be willing to work together and fight.
Speaker 3: Yes, one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: And as much as I like live in this issue and look at this and I'm like, what the fuck are we gonna do? Like it's over, It's over. Like I also am like, this is a chance because what's happening in mentor capital is one of the fastest movie in Hearts of Capitalism, one of the most dynamic, one of the most powerful, one of them that has the most infrastructure, Like, yeah, what if we got all the computers back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what if we could use the.
Speaker 4: Computers for you know, this is a chance and I think there's a possibility. And I hope to build a global resistance around this. And that's why I'm here, and that's why I stay in this because this fucking sucks and there's not a lot of community support.
Speaker 3: It's isolating. Da da da.
Speaker 4: But I think this is I think this is a fight we can win if we're all willing to get on board about what is happening and do the work of building that. So I am. I'm excited for that. I think I think it can happen.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and I think this is something that it's really really easy to look into the world and despair, and I think one of the things that helps with that is remembering that people have faced odds that were so much worse than this, right, Like if you look at like the origin of Pan Africanism, right, and like you look at like C. L. R. James and a bunch of like his friends are like meeting in these rooms in like London, and you know they're looking out at it across entire continents that are colonized, and fifteen to twenty years later, literally like the people who are his friends who are there have liberated Africa, right, Like you know we're talking about like this this what looked like a just a group of just like random people facing within a completely impossible project of defeating colonialism. Suddenly you know again, like twenty years later, it's like Julius de Reira is like running Tanzania, right, And the odds that they faced are so much longer than the odds that we faced. And were they able to create exactly the world that they wanted to know. But the world that they left after them was one where in higher continents we're no longer it's literally directly ruled by colonizers. Yes, and yeah, like that is probably the kind of response that this requires, but I don't know, people have done it before, and it can be done again, it.
Speaker 3: Can be done again.
Speaker 4: And you know, if you people who are interested in that reach out and like, let's get a movie in because this is like, this is a chance, This is a chance, and we need to take it because if we just let this go for like, today is our best chance of stopping it.
Speaker 3: You know, today is our best chance.
Speaker 4: So if we can hop on this and be professional in the sense of like being professional resistors and anti colonialists and anti fascists and take this as not just an ideological thing, but this is a tactical situation. We need to be figuring out strategies and tactics to take this down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think on that note, where can people go to find your work and find more information about this and start this process? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: VC Infodox is at www dot vcinfodox dot com. There's a contact email address on that page. Would love to hear from you. We give presentations also, or happy to just talk to any other organizers.
Speaker 3: And I am on social media.
Speaker 4: I'm a Blue Sky and Twitter, and I have a blog at Shanlee dot com, so any of those, but definitely want to hear from people who are serious about.
Speaker 3: Building a movement around this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and thank you so much. Thank you so much for having me, thank you for being my first podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for doing this. And I don't know, I hope we can help contribute to the start of something that changes the state of things.
Speaker 1: It could Happen Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website coolzonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can now find sources for it could Happen here, listed directly in episode descriptions. Thanks for listening.