Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the podcast. It's Brook and Jeffrey and you found the home with the second Date update. Yes, so quick question before we launched a brand new one. How many times is appropriate to go to the bathroom during a dinner date?
Speaker 2: Ode?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, honestly, jose I just wear a diaper and go.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I mean, as long as there's a center candle on the table, nod.
Speaker 3: I've done.
Speaker 1: Something to go with zero for Alexis jose Man, you're one of our listeners. Definitely overdid it right now in a brand new second Date update.
Speaker 2: Second Date Update? Is there any place on Earth more difficult to navigate than the world of dating apps, at least in this day and age. Yeah, maybe it was easier a few years ago, but now there are land mines everywhere.
Speaker 1: You know. Honestly, I'm pretty grateful for him, because I don't think we could do these many second Date updates without true the dire atmosphere that this is.
Speaker 2: Thank you to everybody sacrifice out there. Without what you do, we wouldn't have jobs but for a guy. If you do come across a person who's attractive and seems mentally stable ish and she's not a bot, your chances of landing a phone number are points zero zero zero zero one. So I want to talk to a real life hero who beat those odds and actually locked down a date. The Rudy of dating apps. His name is Luke. His name's Luke.
Speaker 3: You started with Rudy and I was going to give him a Rudy interest. That's what you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine. We messed up your intro, Luke, but else's name to it?
Speaker 3: You got you know the movie, you know the scene.
Speaker 5: This is great. I haven't felt that welcome in a long time.
Speaker 2: Yes, Luke, you are an inspiration to millions of people listening. Right now, we are hoisting you up on our shoulders, carrying you all over this room. Just please tell us how you did this?
Speaker 5: Well, I met this girl online and.
Speaker 2: That's what we were talking about for a while.
Speaker 3: You know what he did it by being a smooth talker.
Speaker 2: How did you get a date with a girl after meeting her online?
Speaker 6: Oh? I don't want to pat myself on the back, but she's pretty hot.
Speaker 5: I had to rise it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have a line you like to use or would you want to be more vague.
Speaker 2: With us about it?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: She asked me, like what I was up to, and I'm like, I don't know, saving a cat from a tree? No big deal?
Speaker 2: Is that what you said?
Speaker 3: That was the joke?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gotta laugh. And I told her a couple other things, like, oh, I had to deliver the cat to an orphanage, and.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're the hero.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, I'm a perfect guy.
Speaker 1: But it's obviously all obviously stole the cat from the family who is waiting for it under the tree.
Speaker 5: And don't give away trade secret.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Sorry. So, by the way, have we learned this girl's name yet?
Speaker 5: Claire?
Speaker 3: Claire?
Speaker 2: Claire?
Speaker 3: Okay, hot Claire.
Speaker 2: So you managed to get her to agree to a date with you, which already huge, huge, huge success. So tell us how the actual date went.
Speaker 3: You really hype it up that success part.
Speaker 2: Brook You don't know you.
Speaker 6: Date?
Speaker 2: Okay, ouch?
Speaker 3: I just say, you know what success isn't planning it so that they show up.
Speaker 5: Trust me.
Speaker 6: I was as shocked as anybody else that she actually like gave me her number and showed it to the date.
Speaker 5: I was expecting to eat sushi by myself.
Speaker 3: You went to sushi? Fancy that's love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we went to sushi, and uh, she's pretty hot in real life too. I thought I might have been catfish, but.
Speaker 2: Although catfish is a good sushi, roll tried sometime. What did you guys connect over regular stuff?
Speaker 5: You know, we talked about like enjoying, like hiking and work. Nothing too fancy. But I gotta imagine my must not have been as good in person as it was online because she hasn't been calling me back.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because you, I mean, just talking to you in this amount of time, you seem like a fun, playful, like good personality type of guy.
Speaker 5: Don't forget good looking, And I'm going to come clean that.
Speaker 6: I don't want you guys to tell her this, but I actually brought a friend to the dinner with me.
Speaker 5: Not at the table like a kind of yeah.
Speaker 2: Why why why please tell me talking about the cat that you rescued.
Speaker 5: No, they were just at the table nearby and kind of like.
Speaker 2: Oh wait wait so now it's day. Now it's multiple people.
Speaker 5: Yeah it was two people.
Speaker 2: Oh god, But now that you're revealing little by little, was the entire restaurant all your.
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: But look, look you got to think smart about this. It would be weird if just one dude was sitting by himself at a table next to your table.
Speaker 3: Man, it's weird either way. It's weird that you invited friends on your date? Why did you invite friends on your date?
Speaker 5: Trust me, she did not know. I mean girls.
Speaker 1: Always yeah, but like, were they staring at you or like was it ever obvious?
Speaker 5: No? I didn't think so. I mean, listen, all I would do is if I felt like I was kind of running out of some riz there was a little bit of like a lull in the conversation, I just excuse myself to the bathroom and one of them would meet me in there and we kind of gain plan before I head back in.
Speaker 2: Okay, you needed a little just a little backup in case you needed support. It's not a bad idea. What wa do this line?
Speaker 3: I just need to know.
Speaker 1: Are they on the other line, Are they like in the bathroom with us right now?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, you're just on your own.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, it's just me for now, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Women will invite someone to be nearby for safety reasons, not because they don't feel like they can they run a date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, mine was also for safety. It was for conversational safety safety.
Speaker 2: Which yeah, cool in my eyes, I think it's cool. Guys, dude, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: How many times did you go to the bathroom?
Speaker 5: I went four times.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a small bladder. That's not a big deal.
Speaker 5: I mean it seems helpful. Fueled me up, you know, I went back out there and kept making our laugh Okay, Okay, so.
Speaker 3: You were able to game plan better conversations?
Speaker 2: Well, and how did the date end?
Speaker 5: It was a little kiss, It was a little peck on the cheek.
Speaker 3: Okay. Was there any talk about future hangouts like with.
Speaker 5: Me and my friend?
Speaker 2: Although you can answer that if you want to. I'm curious. Even they're like, we're not going to see you again.
Speaker 3: You get done by.
Speaker 5: Three people At this point, I kind of feel like if I don't get a call back, we all lost.
Speaker 3: They did do half the work. That's a good point, all right.
Speaker 2: Well we're going to call Claire and hopefully get some answers, not just for Eric but for his entire friend group. Wow, so we can all rest easy after we do your second date update. Right after this hold on second date update if you're just joining us, We've been talking to RML Rizmaster Luke Lockdown a date with a tasty little saucepot named Claire the other night.
Speaker 1: His words, that's right.
Speaker 2: So took her to a restaurant, and for backup, he brought a couple of his buddies along, had them sit at a nearby table just in case he needed some help with conversation topics.
Speaker 3: Wasn't it a girl and a guy that he brought along?
Speaker 2: Like I assumed two guys.
Speaker 1: It was two buddies, okayroom brookh Now.
Speaker 2: The good news is he only needed their help four times throughout the.
Speaker 3: Dinner date, which that is so many times.
Speaker 2: Well, Luke, we never asked you though. Did your friends who were there that night have any theories on what they think could have gone wrong?
Speaker 5: No, they said I was killing it. They were like, yeah, man's all about it.
Speaker 3: Wait wait what you met him in the bathroom. And that's the advice gave you as you're killing it, keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 5: No, no, that's what they told me after the date, when.
Speaker 3: They were watching from the bushes as you said goodbye to them, putting thumbs up from across the tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh no, they weren't in the bushes. They were in their car in the parking lot.
Speaker 3: Okay with the headlcense, Yeah, midculars.
Speaker 2: Those are good supportive friends to just say that to you, even if it might.
Speaker 5: Not be okay, I know, I appreciate that, and I appreciate them.
Speaker 6: I just I really want you guys to do whatever you can to help get me the second date. And if you could, please don't mention that my friends were there.
Speaker 5: I'd like, I don't want her to know that.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, Okay, we'll tell her that you have no friends whatsoever.
Speaker 1: So I think maybe just don't bring up friends at all, Jessy is it?
Speaker 2: Until she probably does, let's find out. I'm gonna dial Claire right now. We'll see if she picks up and hopefully get some answers. Here we got Hello, Hi, We're looking to speak to somebody named Claire. It's a sh oh hey, hey, Claire, welcome to our radio show. Surprise you're on the radio. We're show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is just supposed to be kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I hope you're not too busy doing something right now, but we'd really really like to talk to you.
Speaker 6: H what's this about?
Speaker 2: This is about a segment we do called the second Date Update. Do you know about that? Have you heard about? Second date updates?
Speaker 3: Are viral and TikTok?
Speaker 4: It sounds a little familiar. Maybe on a Insta or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that maybe one of the knockoffs.
Speaker 1: No, it's the one where they steal our audio and they use those video games.
Speaker 2: Oh I love those ones so much.
Speaker 3: Subway surfers for why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so Claire, maybe you're a little bit familiar with it, but basically, it's where we try to help out our listeners figure out the reason they're not getting a callback for a second date from someone they really like.
Speaker 4: Someone.
Speaker 3: He has a name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this particular person is named Luke, who you went on a date with.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, oh my goodness. I don't want to sound to set it, but I have been out with more than one Luke this week, just this week.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean it's a fairly common name.
Speaker 2: Still, this particular Luke went to sushi with you.
Speaker 5: Okay, I thought you're gonna be like.
Speaker 3: Again, Wait, do you remember or you don't?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I know who you're talking about for sure.
Speaker 1: Now okay, good man, you wish we called about the other.
Speaker 2: Luke sounds like it maybe he is calling back. Okay, So what we're trying to tell you is that Luke had a really good time and he's a little bit confused about why there hasn't been a second date yet.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Is it as simple as you just have so many other dates planned that you can't fit Luke in.
Speaker 4: I guess it was just a little bit of an odd date. E can kind of nervous and I don't know, he's a little quieter in person. That's not really my thing.
Speaker 2: You well, maybe just maybe just needs a little bit of time to warm up. Because he was speaking to us about the date, and he had a lot of really nice things to say. Yeah, he was very smiley.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know. I don't know, but it just seemed like it seems like he knew people that were sitting by us.
Speaker 3: Oh, what what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Like when Luke would make a joke, I would hear like the table two tables over laughing and say how funny that guy is.
Speaker 2: Some other table was listening in on your conversation over. I mean, to be.
Speaker 3: Fair, I do that all the time.
Speaker 1: I love when a first date comes in and I'm at a restaurant.
Speaker 3: It is like it's better than any imagine.
Speaker 1: Around nights Joe Girl, I talked about it like kids like did you hear what they say? No?
Speaker 2: But yeah, Claire, you find that behavior to be rude and insulting.
Speaker 4: It's just kind of loud.
Speaker 5: It's a weird vibe.
Speaker 4: I I don't know it just well.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like Brooke was saying, you can't really hold that against Luke just because some other guys are obviously jealous of him and wish that they were over the date instead of tables.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing, even if Luke did know them, I mean I've gone into restaurants where I've seen people that I know just by coincidence.
Speaker 4: He never said he knew them.
Speaker 2: I almost did. Would be like, hey, is that Bill?
Speaker 3: Did you ask? Though?
Speaker 4: No, no, because it was weird. It literally some guys like he's so cute, I go out with him again.
Speaker 2: The guy said he's cute.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One of the many times when it was about literally came over and told me that wait talk to you.
Speaker 2: The guy came over to your table and said, the person you're on a date with thinks you're cute.
Speaker 3: No, I think he's cute. I would go out with him.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, yeah, I'm like, who are you?
Speaker 3: Oh no, he is going to die when he hears that. One of the guys from the table came over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doing too much and he already did hear that, actually, Claire, because he is listening on the other line to this conversation.
Speaker 4: He's listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like the guys from the restaurant at the other table right now over there.
Speaker 2: Lukey there.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, I cannot believe he said that.
Speaker 3: When an idiot, Well, it's going to out yourself.
Speaker 2: There's a nice thing he said about you.
Speaker 4: So you do know that you didn't say that?
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Just listen. I'm sorry. You're just you're really attractive and you're really cool, and I I was just nervous and.
Speaker 6: I wanted to have somebody there to kind of just helped me with the date. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I just I thought it would be uncomfortable and weird.
Speaker 4: So those guys were like your training wheels.
Speaker 2: That's a new term. I do like that.
Speaker 5: I guess you could say that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean I guess I really appreciate your honesty, you do, Like that's kind of one hundred percypathetic.
Speaker 2: Oh out, that's a little strong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's a nice guy. He's just trying his best.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And like, now that you know, the only reason you didn't like the date was because of them, It wasn't because of Luke.
Speaker 4: Did you not hear me before? I said she was way different than he was online? So both thinks turned me off.
Speaker 3: So is it like he was funnier online?
Speaker 4: What do you mean it without going online and not in the sense of like, I'm bringing friends on your date?
Speaker 2: Friends? Like what mesa to think? How about this?
Speaker 5: Would you want to go back to talking online? I'm better online anyway?
Speaker 2: Oh, there we go. That's an idea. It's more of a safe talking.
Speaker 3: About How is that? That's not a second date?
Speaker 1: That's not the point of this is to get him another shot in real life, without the friends, without the training wheel.
Speaker 3: You go on a date, but you only text throughout the date.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, guys, I could do that.
Speaker 3: I know you can.
Speaker 4: You guys are not getting this because I didn't necessarily like him in person and I didn't like his.
Speaker 2: Friends, only the online version of Luke is acceptable.
Speaker 6: But my friends have my best interest and if you don't see that, then I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe you don't deserve me.
Speaker 2: Good stand up for your friends, bro.
Speaker 4: Okay, fine, that's cool with me.
Speaker 5: I thought that would have fun with the other Luke.
Speaker 3: Then said his own date is such disdain.
Speaker 2: So I can't even offer to send you guys out on a date that we would pay for, Claire, because it's normally what I do here.
Speaker 4: I do get asked out a lot. So no, I don't need that.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, Claire, I apologize.
Speaker 5: I honestly I would actually like to go out with you again.
Speaker 3: What you just told her you didn't need her? You remember sticking up for your friends, showing her.
Speaker 5: She's really hot though, And like I'm telling you, man, my dating is rough.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, So now we've turned this into a third date up date, would you be willing to give him a third chance that he meeting up with him one more time? Claire? Okay, fourth date updated? Okay, you know what, forget it. I'm sorry, she's gonna say no.
Speaker 4: All right, I have to go, guys, this really has not been very much fun.
Speaker 3: Okay, hot in such a delight.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey in the Morning. Man, why are the hot ones always so mean and unforgiving? Seriously, bro, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Does that mean that we're not the hot ones because we're so kind?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure, what did you hear?
Speaker 2: Duke admitted his mistakes, He apologized for his actions, He complimented, or tried to reach a compromise.
Speaker 3: Hey, jeff and none of that.
Speaker 2: Flies with a hot girl. You are a good wing man, Jeffy.
Speaker 1: We did a terrible job of all of those things, and terrible thing bringing his friends there.
Speaker 2: Okay, your guys' inner hot girls are coming out and being like me. And did you intirlah?
Speaker 3: I wish it was outer.
Speaker 2: Sure, but we want to help your interpersonality mean hot whatever way. Yeah, we all have interviewple.
Speaker 3: I've never met him.
Speaker 2: Your inner personality deserves to find love and we want to help you. Email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back and go. Check out our entire resume of second date updates. They're online where you get your podcasts, Apple, Spotify, all the places. Just look up Brook and Jeffrey Second Date Update.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning