Speaker 1: You're tuned into Heat Check with Trystal Quick.
Speaker 2: On this episode of the Heat Check, it's trade deadline, but like the OKC Lakers game last night, it gets hijacked by Lebron James.
Speaker 1: We also get into Lebron's historic night.
Speaker 2: We dig straight into Christmas in February for NBA fans gets off to a hot start with Kyrie Irving getting moved to the maps. We break down the trade and it's aftermath, plus we'll get into a ton of other trade.
Speaker 1: Rumors for around the league.
Speaker 2: Get right into it, Nick, because shit is moving fast. Do me a favor and drop that generic ass beat. Well the entire association, let's be honest, stop dead in their tracks.
Speaker 1: Last night for a truly historic event.
Speaker 2: Lebron James is now the all time leading scorer in the NBA, having just surpassed Kareem with a I would call it a mid thirty eight point performance because he was really supposed to get forty for me because I had money on it. But you know, I digress. I mean, after he broke the record, he pretty much did absolutely nothing. But hey, you know who am I? Who am I to make fun of the fact that it turned into an entire fanfare on the court.
Speaker 1: There's pictures, babies are getting kissed.
Speaker 2: You got Anthony Davis sitting off to the side, which we'll get to in a second, but just a bucket short of the record. It looked like Lebron was trying to back down for a skyhook, which would have been fitting, but instead Patented's step back mid range. Kobe behind the free throw line, hit nothing but net. Everyone goes nuts. Of course, Lebron now greatest score in NBA history. People are trying to downplay this. I think he's better at thirty eight than Hall of famers were in their prime. That's pretty much facts, showing no sign of slowing down. By the time he hangs up the sneakers, he's probably gonna put so much distance between him and Kareem it'll be another forty fifty years before anyone ever sniffs the record again. And then there'll be a fourth generation of Lebron James Is in the NBA. It'll be Lebron, these kids will be in the NBA. A couple of interesting things to get into before my take. First, everybody is talking about Anthony Davis and his reaction right now, he was on the bench during which is like pretty common for Anthony Davis. During the record breaking play and before Braun took the shot, he sits down like a guy waiting for the bus at the stop after a ten hour shift. Like it's just where was he during the celebration. He was nowhere to be found. He was sitting there with no emotion on his face, looking I don't know where. And I'm not saying that there was any shade being thrown at Lebron James, because I'm sure that there wasn't. But the reaction was very weird. It was very odd. I'm not sure what to make of it. I have really nothing I can speculate that was happening. But I think that's probably a product of everyone being pretty tired of the chase by now. We had the Lebron chase meter on the screen. Second thing, second thing Kareem didn't even like. Kaream didn't feel like he was that excited by that is wearing his captain jacket. His reaction very muted. Like muted's probably a very generous way to putting it. He doesn't like Lebron. We know that he doesn't. He said things about Lebron that haven't been exactly generous. This was all on video. You could see it. Kareem is a beautiful rider. He penned a great piece about what the record meant to him.
Speaker 1: YadA YadA, YadA, YadA YadA.
Speaker 2: He also explains why he's not sad that he no longer holds the record, which we know is false. Is at if I won a billion dollars in a lottery and thirty nine years later someone won two billion dollars, his winning in no way affects my winning.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's that's facts right there.
Speaker 2: Other people's success do not detract from your individual success.
Speaker 1: Kareem, probably the.
Speaker 2: Most unstoppable offensive player in history, has not suited up in a few decades, so two generations of hoops fans only know him through YouTube clips and him throwing shade up on James and winning time.
Speaker 1: Having the record broken.
Speaker 2: Very inevitable when you have Lebron have a longevity of his career as much as he did. Just like when Krem broke the record in nineteen eighty four, it did not take away from the greatness of wil Chamberlain either, the previous record holder. There's room in the pantheon for all the greats together. Anyone who questions that Lebron doesn't belong there, well, like Jaji Riddick said, you just don't know basketball.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to the trade deadline. Whoa, whoa, It happened fast. It happened so much faster than anybody thought. Anybody could have predicted.
Speaker 2: Kyrie Irving, Kyrie Irving the Dallas Maverick. Wow, we are trying to figure out what just happened. The timeline of it is insane. Kyrie demands a trade Friday, February third. By Sunday afternoon, he's in Dallas in one of the most shocking trades in recent memory. In those seventy two hours, so much happened. Let's break that down from the moment that the news broke that he was asking out, presumably because then Nets wouldn'tive him any money, which why would you. He's been unavailable. Speculation goes wild. Teams are rumored to be in the Kyrie mix. Were the usual suspects, of course, Purple and Gold, the Lakers, the Clippers.
Speaker 1: The Suns.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the Heat were really involved, but they were sort of mentioned. And then the dark horses like the Mavericks, and the Pelicans. Turns out only four teams actually made offers. The Lakers were the presumed front runners. Obviously, Braun and Kyrie have talked about reuniting. They've made no bones about wanting to play again together. The Lakers apparently offered Russell Westbrook more on this later, Austin Reeves, Max Christi and two first rounders. I think the first rounder element is a little bit muddled. It could be one, it could be two. The twenty seven twenty nine solid The Clippers apparently offered Terrence Man Luke Canard a first and two first round pick swaps. Kind of meh, if you're the Nets, I like Terrence Man fine. Luke Canard is trash, He's horrible, So that trade made no sense. The Suns, this is where it gets really interesting. They offered Chris Paul, Jay Crowder and some first round picks. Pretty intriguing except for the fact that Chris Paul has fallen off of a cliff. Paul right intriguing, And then Joe Say said, I was like, nah, I'm good, I'm good, so he fast tracked the traded Dallas that was finalized as follows.
Speaker 1: Kyrie and Mark Keith.
Speaker 2: Morris for Spencer Dinwoodie, which is like a wish version of Kyrie Irving, who already played for the Nets. Dorian Finney Smith, one of the best perimeter on ball defenders in the league, and two second round picks I think, a first round pick, two and a first round pick. Fascinating thing. According to those who are connected with the story, Kyrie was never going to get a long term contract from the Maps, and anonymous source reports no one in Dallas will come out and say it in those terms, but Irving is potentially just a rental lord, folks. I have thoughts. I have a lot of thoughts on that. First of all, super excited to see this fit. People are saying, oh, Kyrie, Luca, they're not gonna be able to play together.
Speaker 1: They don't Those people don't listen to them. They don't know basketball. It's fine.
Speaker 2: They're just watching Sports Center and listening, and it takes and then regurgitating takes. Kyrie playing off ball is excellent. He is elite at that. Kyrie probably the theoretical player that's always in play. But one thing you never question is his work ethic and his ability to ball out in crucial moments. He's a top ten offensive player in the league. He's a top seventy five player in all of history, and he will play really well with Luca if he continues to come off ball like he did with Lebron James.
Speaker 1: In the time that he was in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: This does bring up a ton of questions like is Kyrie going to be the dinwitty two point zero? Is he gonna hit sort of those game tying game winning shots? Is that still gonna go to Luca? Uh? This could be very fun to watch. To me, he's not a selfish player. He's a player who can get guys involved. He can play, make, he can do a lot of things. The Cavs won a championship with Kyrie Irving coming off ball, so he's built in the lab for playoff time.
Speaker 1: That's what he is. He is winning time in human form.
Speaker 2: My second point, does anybody feel like it's weird that Mark Cuban makes this move? They know that Luca probably is going to ask out if they don't do something. This is sort of a roll of the dice move, right, you know, like kind of like what they did with russ and with Polinka. You have to sort of appease the player that you know needs to be appeased, possibly putting yourself in a worse situation.
Speaker 1: Down the road.
Speaker 2: Right, That's that's really really tough, which brings me to my third point, because I think this is a rental.
Speaker 1: I think one hundred percent this is a rental.
Speaker 2: I do not believe that Kyrie is in the MAVs uniform next year whatsoever, Dimwittie and Dori Infinny Smith. Is a very steep price to pay for a rental for thirty games, right like he is he is. I firmly believe that Kyrie will be a Laker next year. I think this was, in terms of the Lakers, probably the most savvy things that Kyrie has done in a long time. So he asked for a trade out in the summer, right, and.
Speaker 1: They were like, nah, we're good, We're not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: No, you have no trade value, nobody wants you whatsoever. That's just not going to happen, right, not. No, you did the vaccination thing, you got hardened move to ask out you uh, well, zero controversy for thirty games. And you know his stepmom who's his agent, saying to him, that's all you have to do, and you can ask out and get whatever you want, which is exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: He bawled out.
Speaker 2: He as that young woman said, who asked rus that question which I'm going to use forever now, which is he uses his impressive dribbling skills to successfully fake out his opponents multiple times.
Speaker 1: The truth is Kyrie did that.
Speaker 2: He's good at basketball, he can hit clench shots, and he's not stirring anything up ever since the whole thing that he stirred up. You can now use that as leverage knowing that their teams are going to be very desperate, desperate to make a move because this is a very muddled west a team where a Westwards very mediocre. Anybody can get in and anybody can make a run. And if you're the MAVs, you know that Kyrie is an upgrade over Spencer Dinwiddie. Like, this is not petulance, This is not Kyrie throwing a fit. This is him saying, I know what I need to do in order to get out of this organization.
Speaker 1: The clock is ticking. He forces the Nett hand.
Speaker 2: He does it down the stretch where they have no time to really pivot and figure things out and all of a sudden, you know, he's gone fourth. The Nets did get theoretically a little bit better, you know, they did get not as much as probably they could have gotten for him if he was Donovan Mitchell like scandal free. Kyrie's not scandal free though, that's where we're at. He's not he's not de Jonte Murray, he's not Donovan, he's not Rudy Gobert.
Speaker 1: But he's a better player than that.
Speaker 2: Theoretically he should be worth more than the four first round picks it took to get them right, but his stock had fallen so low after everything that he's done.
Speaker 1: He was virtually untradable at one point in time.
Speaker 2: Right, what the bottom line is this, The Nets traded Kyrie a star for two good players, good players. Spencer's a good player. He's played for the Nets before. Right, He's a diet Kyrie. He has handles, he can shoot. He was one of the most clutch players in the playoffs last year. We saw that when they went to the Western Conference finals. He hit some big, big threes down the stretch. Drian Finney Smith probably one of the best defense wings. So you've got Katie, You've got Dorian Finny Smith, and you've got Nick Claxton. Those three guys are gonna be able to defend. You're gonna have probably the best front court defensively of any team in the NBA. And they get a first rounder and two second rounders out of it. So you kind of made lemonade at a Lemons now. Very solid deal for the Nets, considering that Kyrie has been a disaster. I think also the Nets need to make another deal. They need to figure it out. Maybe you figure out a way to get og Anobi, Maybe you find a way to get Pascal Siakam.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what the new Tea leaves say.
Speaker 2: You'll probably have to give up Nick Claxton for that, but I still don't hate it. And also to show Katie you're not tearing it down to the studs. There's a possibility he gets moved and wants to be moved if you don't show him that he is going to be on a team that's gonna win. Right, this is now, and the fact really is Sham's reported Kyrie asking for a trade now makes it so that so many more teams are asking about Kevin Durant than they were about Kyrie.
Speaker 1: They want to know, Hey, is he on the move? Like, can we get him for nothing?
Speaker 2: Can we get him for just a couple of maybe the three first round picks and Dyson Daniels who knows more on that later. By the way, Kyrie left for three games and Cam Thomas exploded, So this is going to be really fun to watch Cam Thomas.
Speaker 1: He's crazy. He's had more than forty points three straight games.
Speaker 2: Now, insane, we do went off for forty four against the Wizards, forty seven against the Clippers, and had forty three last night. So dude's going to be a star. First player in NBA history to have three forty point games at his age.
Speaker 1: Nuts.
Speaker 2: And then Ben Simmon's not getting talked about enough. He's been trash. He's maybe the most untradable player in the league right now. As for Dallas, they are rolling the dice and Jason Kidd thinks that they can fix Kyrie. Kyrie his mentor his idol is Jason Kidd obviously had the relationship with the front office executive Nico Harrison, who came from a Nike where Kyrie had his signature shoe, so they had a long standing relationship that Kyrie since Kyrie got into the league, and you know that's what they said.
Speaker 1: Jason Kidds said, Hey, we have a relationship.
Speaker 2: He's all about basketball, he wants to win, he wants to be coached, and this is a great opportunity for me. And Kyrie has great things to say about Luca. He loves Luca, and before this trade was even possible, this is what he said about him.
Speaker 3: I think first we got to discuss just how long he's been playing professional basketball. I think it's been since like fourteen fifteen years old, so he's used to seeing so many different defenses, so many difer you know, different roles that he's played shore overseas, and now that he's in the NBA, I mean, you just see him. He plays at an incredible pace. He makes great decisions. Most offense goes through him, and he takes his time a lot, and he gets to the free throw line. So he maximizes on all the rules of the game of basketball and uses it to advantage and all the rest of the guys around him play their role really well. So they're a good team and they're only getting better. And again, I'm glad we got to see a team like this that you know down the line, the continuity that they have in the trust because they've been through certain battles, you can see it and they don't panic. That's just good to see traits of a great team.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean this is gonna be very interesting.
Speaker 2: So now that Kyrie is a Maverick for probably twenty five games, and if he doesn't sign from them with them in the offseason, which I don't think he will, that's a hefty price to pay for a rental unit. But if he keeps Luca happy, and that's what Cuban wants, who knows.
Speaker 1: And also for the Lakers, why would you do that deal if you thought Kyrie would be there anyway for you in free agency? Why you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Why would you pay all those first round picks and your young players if you think you're gonna get Kyrie anyway? And so we'll talk about this in a bit, but listen, Lebron James is not happy about it. So the Lake Show never disappoints, which we'll talk about in a second up next.
Speaker 1: In related news, stephen A is trending.
Speaker 2: Because of a fight over Kyrie that occurred over first take with Jay Williams. People are losing their minds. If you haven't heard it, it is tremendous. Here are some of the audio Daily News.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: We put a different kind of onus on our athletes than we do and you may mention that on your podcast. I don't deny that. First off, I'm not the one. I don't deny that I'm being sensitive.
Speaker 1: I don't deny that.
Speaker 4: But you're the one that seemed very emotional.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Jack, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not sitting up here on National TV absolving Kyrie Irving of every every decision. I'm not going back and reaccounting every decision. I'm just saying how it's interesting to me. It just carries such a bigger momentum, in particular with you, Abody. You know what I would what I would ask you is.
Speaker 5: Do me a favor.
Speaker 4: Stop telling us what you find interesting to just tell.
Speaker 1: Us what you feel. No my job.
Speaker 3: You say I find it interesting?
Speaker 1: You always say that. Say what you're saying? What do you say?
Speaker 5: What did I just?
Speaker 1: What do you say?
Speaker 4: See what am I saying? I just said what I'm saying, steven A with you in and I'm not allowed to say what I find interesting you are, but like, once again.
Speaker 1: You're going to show what's interesting. Hey, thinks you're too preoccupied with Kyrie too hard on Kyrie?
Speaker 4: Did I printed printed Kyrie Arvin last week before he demanded the trade. We were talking foot Paul, how many times have I mentioned Kyrie Arvin over.
Speaker 2: The last time?
Speaker 4: I didn't seem to go. I don't seem to me the one being triggered right now?
Speaker 5: Well, let's I'm always triggered.
Speaker 4: No, you're not.
Speaker 1: I mean it gets worse from there. This is anybody shocked that two former duke players are aligned.
Speaker 2: Dookie's gonna Duke right, that's Jay Williams and and Kyrie Irving. Second, stephen A Smith got personal because Jay was hinting at something that he wanted to say and wouldn't come out with it. Stephen A does come after Kyrie hard and they've argued about him before. They've had been very adversarial to the point where it feels that they are personal. Like discovering I don't know your favorite aunt is like, you know, you love her and you guys talk all the time, and then all of a sudden you're like, oh, she's a truther.
Speaker 1: She's a truther basically how steven A and j R. Right now they feel that same way about one another.
Speaker 2: Jay feels like steven A is standing up for Dana White and Jerry Jones and their improprieties, but will not go out of his way to defend Kyrie or at least create some nuance or context about Kyrie. And Jay is asking why why do you allow that energy for Kyrie and not for them? And stephen A would say, well, I have to go after Kyrie more because this is a professional thing versus a personal thing, and there are many things that Kyrie has done that has hurt his team and kept them from winning. And I think that's why he got triggered. Daniel White's trans transgressions are personal and domestic. Those are societal questions. Kyrie's issues were a professional thing that bled into professional lives. Back and forth was really interesting. I would listen to the whole thing if you if you can, because of really what was not said steven A was kind of like, I know what you're trying to do. You're trying to sneak me in front of my audience, and you're not about to do that. I know that that's what you've been doing, and I know that how the culture views me, and I do not like it. Say what you mean, or don't say anything unless you're gonna say it with your full chest. And all of this is a reminder that there are probably no two more, no more polarizing players than Kyrie Irving, even with people who traffic in hot takes. Here's the thing, though, Kyrie is not going anyplace, not by a long shot. So we're gonna have more of these Jay Williams of the stephen A. Smith conversations and altercations, unless Jay Williams is not allowed on the show anymore, which is definitely possible.
Speaker 1: What would a Kyrie trade be?
Speaker 2: Without checking in on what the newly crowned NBA scoring leader Lebron James thought, I want to know what does he think about something that did not affect him at all? Does he think about something a trade that did not happen that he thought was going to happen for him? Because ESPN, through Michael Wilbon, out to interview Lebron James one on one to get I don't know, like to just get his perspective on the trade, the non trade for them and the trade to Boston or to Dallas.
Speaker 1: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: So when Kyrie asked out Lebron, this is the timeline, Lebron responded by tweeting a crown and a big eye emoji. That's hilarious, hilarious. That's like Lebron in Twitter for him, that's what he is. He's just setting the stage up for what he thinks is gonna happen. He's getting excited. And I just have never seen this sit down for something that's like a non trade.
Speaker 1: Never seen it.
Speaker 2: Just Broun candidly came out and said he was disappointed that they did not get Kyrie Irving and made sure to say that he thought Kyrie Irving and him would win championships together, and which is again part of the reason that I don't think he's in Dallas long.
Speaker 1: This is what was saying.
Speaker 5: Well, definitely disappointed. I can't sit here and say I'm not disappointed on not being able to land such a talent, but someone that I had great chemistry with and know I got great chemistry with on the floor that can help you win, you know, championships in my mind, in my eyes. But my focus is shifted now. My focus is shifted back to where it should be, and that's this that's this club now and what we have in the locker room. These guys quick pivot, quick pivot. It don't take me long. It don't take me long. I don't I don't get too excited about the possibilities of things that can be. I kind of envisioned myself on what it can but I don't. I don't invest it all the way into until I know what's happening, and when it does not happen, I'm back locked in on the job at hand. So you know, we had an opportunity. I think our names was out there, the Lakers name was out there. We had an opportunity. Didn't happen. We move on and we finish the season strong, try to get a bid into the postseason, where I feel.
Speaker 2: A bid into the postseason is the only thing that matters right now. He is just throwing Russell Westbrook under the bus because he knows that he was going to be in the trade for sure, like absolutely was gonna be in the trade. Bron This is so strange to me in this interview because he just never does anything randomly. You know, he just is one of those strategic players. He broke the scoring record at home. He made sure that things get set in place with Clutch whenever he's dropping. Even with Brownie's announcement about where he's going to go to college, it's all gonna be done strategically. This interview was done strategically. I am disappointed we did not get Kyrie Irving. I think we can win championships together. I think we have great chemistry. I think we still will have great chemistry, and I bet I'm moving on. I'm a good teammate, I am a good team player, and we are now going to try to get into the play in tournament now that we don't have Kyrie Irving. That is something very funny. That's just something that you've never seen before in history. Is an athlete come out and say, Hey, I am mad that we didn't trade for this guy. I'm going to do a one on one sit down with Mike Wilbon, one of the most premier commentators in all of the NBA, who's been in this business for a long long time, writes books for players, all that, and he's going to come out and see me so that I can say I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed we didn't get Kyrie. That's wild the.
Speaker 1: Lakers that were smart. I don't think they should have done it.
Speaker 2: I don't think they should have given up all those pieces, Max Christy, Austin Reeves, two first round picks, Russell Westbrook's coming off the buck books, whatever it's coming off regardless. So if you can use those picks and get Jared Vanderbilt and Mike Conley Jr. And Malik Beasley, and then you can just get Kyrie in the off season for whatever it is that it's going to be. I think maybe a two year deal, our a three year deal while at like while keeping Max Christy and keeping Austin Reeves and who knows what you can do with resigning Jared Vanderbilt, who's awesome. He's another good defender who can score a little bit. Malik Beasley can score a lot.
Speaker 1: That's that's a really good team.
Speaker 2: Or you could have just spent all that for Kyrie when you can just get him in the free agency. So but with Braun now the scoring record holder, it's going to be fascinating to see if the Lakers do anything at the deadline at all. Windhorse just tweeted that the Lakers have two options, trade Russ and improve marginally but screw over their cap space immensely, or keep Russ, maintain cat space and signed Kyrie this summer because that's where he wants to be.
Speaker 1: I think option two is what's happening. Lakers aren't doing anything of the deadline.
Speaker 2: WOJ also just reported that Darvin Ham and Russell Westbrook just got into a heated argument at halftime at the OKC game over Russ, apparently lingering on the court after getting pulled. Yikes, how does this change things? Are they tired of us?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, but it's just weird. The whole thing is weird.
Speaker 2: As Wendy notes, moving Russ would probably be a mistake, so I don't think that they'll do it. I think they have become a more competent franchise. They're just trying to fix their incompetence from the past. But the Lake Show and their dysfunction never disappoints moving on. So we're gonna dissect the entire trade deadline on our next show. Keith Smith's gonna come on as well for probably thirty forty minutes to tell us kind of how it all went down. What things didn't happen, et cetera. But I did want to address a couple of the rumors floating out and give you my opinion ahead of time. So we did have another major trade, a shocking a but we'll call it a buzzy trade. You know, like they had to massage this deal in order to make it work, if you know what I mean. So Miami ships Dwayne Deadman to San Antonio for a bag of chips and a Thera gun. So let's get into some of the trade rumors as well. This one's hot off the wires. Brian Windhorst just reported this on his podcast, and I am shook big one.
Speaker 1: This is huge. And I don't mean Dwayne Deadman to this burs. I mean like a real trade.
Speaker 2: Now that Kyrie Irving has been traded, maybe the NETS position on not trading Kevin Durant as it really was kind of last summer may change. That is an interesting development that has happened over the past forty eight hours since the Kyrie trade.
Speaker 1: From the people that I have talked to, Why isn't this bigger news? Is everybody talking about this?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen this on first agg I haven't seen anything on NBA today. Nobody, no Shams, no Chris Haynes. Where are we at with this? Does Kyrie? Does Kyrie move everything for the Brooklyn Nets? Is Kad going to legitimately say, yo, I'm out. I know you guys have Cam Thomas and he's dropping forty seven on against the Wizards, but I got to go.
Speaker 1: I to go.
Speaker 2: Does that mean Kevin Durant is gonna be on the move like now, like before tomorrow. I don't think he's gonna be trade I don't think they're gonna able to get a deal done by then. But the off season is fascinating to me. The entire trade deadline again gets hijacked by Kevin Durant as usual, he likes to you know, easy money sniper, just likes to lay in the weeds and funck shit up. Uh So, no one is gonna risk throwing away their assets when they could get Kevin Durant. So we might have a very dead deadline in advance of this offseason, which I think is really interesting.
Speaker 1: Every year there's a bizarre rumor that sometimes turns out to be true.
Speaker 2: Well, this year it is the buzz that Chris Middleton might get traded.
Speaker 1: What what're you talking about? Will?
Speaker 2: It's according to something called Wolfle's press box. This NBA officials believe there's a chance the Bucks may move Middleton before the deadline.
Speaker 1: Why who would they get back in return? Really?
Speaker 2: I mean, they were bad without Chris Middleton? What are they gonna be without them?
Speaker 1: Again? Not?
Speaker 2: I don't know where this rumor came from. This feels like fake news to me. This feels like when I ate the garbage on a tweet about James Wiseman officially asking out, which made perfect sense but also wasn't true factually James Wiseman speaking of which rumored to one out, I do not think that's true.
Speaker 1: He has very little trade value.
Speaker 2: But the only reason and incentive that the Warriors would want to trade him is cap space. He would help them out with one hundred and thirty one million in salary and penalties over the next two years. The question for y'all, is Wiseman worth sixty five I mean, I don't even I can't even get it out. Is Wiseman worth sixty five million dollars a year? I think you know the answer to that. Truthfully, that is just short of the sixty eight million that they had to pay Kelly Oubray to be on the Warriors. There's been some bad deals for the Dubs, for our Dubs, excuse me. Seems impossible, though, the Warriors will hold on to him, considering how much money he's going to cost and how little he does. He's basically a Santa Cruz Warrior for the rest of his career, as long as he's there moving forward. Another player who asking for a trade makes no sense because what kind of leverage do they really have is Ferkmond cork Moss. He has demanded a trade from Philly. Okay, does anyone care about that? Firkhon cork Moss has demanded the trade.
Speaker 1: He's he wants out.
Speaker 2: No one knows why, probably because his role is diminishing, and it would because he stinks. Fresh off of getting jumped by the Georgia national team. Everyone thought he might break out. Has not happened this year. He's looking for a new home. See you later, frick On cork Moss. We'll talk soon. The Raptor is moving on easily, looking like the most active team at the deadline. No one knows though, I actually think maybe Masai Zieri does nothing at all. Ognnoby's been rumored to be on the move. Fred van Fleet has rumored to be on the move. Pascal Siakam rumored to be on the move. That's a lot of picks you're gonna have to get for those three guys. Pascal Siakam and Ognobi are elite wings. This is a wing driven league. If you're moving past and Og, you better get six seven picks. You better get what Utah got for Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell. I tell you what, that would be an upgrade for any team who gets them. I'm very, very fascinated Fred van Fleet, he's rumored to be on the move.
Speaker 1: I think actually that's probably a.
Speaker 2: More likely scenario given the fact that he's on inexpiring. He's gonna want a lot of money and Clippers are the potential landing spot for him moving forward.
Speaker 1: Portland. Portland's got to do something right. They have to. They're linked to Nerlins. No Well, I don't know how much of that moves the needle Mobama just fresh off of his fight with Austin Rivers, the team pr representative for.
Speaker 2: The Minnesota Timberwolves, and Jay Crowder. I don't know how that helps him. I don't this team is going nowhere. I think Josh Hart could probably be on the move as well. Nuggets definitely are trading Bones Highland. The other rumor that's in the mix on that is Alex Caruso to the Nuggets.
Speaker 1: I think that works.
Speaker 2: Probably for Bull teams. I don't think it makes Chicago any better. I think Alex Crusoe is a key piece.
Speaker 1: Of the what the Bulls want to do moving forward.
Speaker 2: Uh, Miami apparently is done with Kyle Lowry. That trade stinks. That is a horrible trade. He hasn't been healthy. We all know that Kyle Lowry is kind of fat. And the truth is Time is undefeated. You know, Father Time continues to win. So that's where thirty eight year old Kyle Lowry is at when he doesn't take care of his body.
Speaker 1: So he's probably on the move to where who will want him. I do not know. Mattis Thible seems to also be on the move.
Speaker 2: A lot of suitors, Hawks, Kings, Warriors, Pacers, Blazers, Bucks, Mavericks, Hornets, Raptors, and sons pretty much all interested in Matist Stible. His attitude is not very good. I would be very curious to see how he looks on another team with another identity in another role. Clippers apparently, well we know not. Apparently they need another point guard. They need to figure it out. They're looking at d Lo, They're looking at Eric Gordon, They're looking at Fred Vanfleet.
Speaker 1: So all that's all the rumors.
Speaker 2: We'll see what happens. We've got one day and about twelve hours left to go. We will bring on Keith right after the deadline. That will go up Friday morning very early. I will have my thoughts Friday, sort of mid morning, the early afternoon East Coast time, so we'll drop that as well.
Speaker 1: But that is all the time that we have for the Heat Check.
Speaker 2: Come back Friday for an all new episode recapping the trade deadline. Do not forget to follow us on Twitter at Tristan Underscore cuik and on TikTok at at this heat Check. Tell all your friends, every single one of them, subscribe like review, because
Speaker 1: The Heat Check doesn't sleep