Speaker 1: If you're tuned into Heat Check with Trista.
Speaker 2: Quick on this special episode of The Heat Check, it's a bonus episode, folks. As many of you know, I have a betting show called bet MGM The Night, which runs seven to eleven Eastern Standard Time Monday through Friday on major radio stations around the country.
Speaker 3: And since I know a lot of.
Speaker 2: The folks that listen to The Heat Check also like the sports bet I thought i'd put together some of my favorite segments from the betting the NBA Draft that we did on the show to give you a primer.
Speaker 3: On what to do. This Thursday night.
Speaker 2: I am joined on this special betting podcast by my partner in crime and co host Ryan Horvatt. So let's go, Nick drop that beat that should be reON.
Speaker 4: We're going to talk about this all night long, pretty much all week long until we get to Thursday.
Speaker 5: It's obviously the main event of our week.
Speaker 4: What will be your favorite draft bet right now or your favorite look or something that you know you're considering maybe playing.
Speaker 2: Let me look here, because it was it was in a uh it was on a different app and so I need to look at it.
Speaker 3: Give me just one second. I think not realize, yeah, tell me yours.
Speaker 4: So, uh, Cam Whitmore plus four hundred to go exactly pick number five to the Detroit Pistons. You know, we talked about this. My reasoning obviously being I think they have their back court of the future. I like Jayden Ivy a lot. I you know, obviously like Cade when he's healthy. So I think that they need a wing and I think that that's going to be the best available option.
Speaker 5: They're at pick five.
Speaker 4: That was plus four hundred, now it's like plus one twenty five. I still want to play it at that price. I think that's my favorite and my biggest bet of the draft. It was Brandon Miller going number two overall when those reports came out, but then the same reporter walked it back. I just think the ceiling is way too high to pass on Scoot. So I just hedged today with the minus one seventy two. Now there's minus two twenties out there for Scoot to go second overall. I just think, man, this is Michael Jordan's last pick. Then he's going to sell off into the sunset. I think there's going to be a lot of smart people telling them what.
Speaker 5: To do with this pick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just don't think you could go Brandon Miller number two. I just don't think it happens. So I went Brandon Miller number three overall minus one forty five. My concern is Thompson's gonna go three and Brandon Miller's gonna draft a four. I don't know, because you have a wing defender, one of the best defenders in this draft, that could shoot the three, and I just don't know how you pass on a guy like that. So those are my favorites right now. And yeah, this' about what.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I really like first to be first to be drafted, Cason Wallace or Kobe Buffkin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can get.
Speaker 2: Cason Wallace head to head plus one fifty five. I think the value on that is insane. Kobe Bufkins mocked in like the teens to like late teens. Cason Wallace could go as low or as high whatever you want to call it, as like nine, he.
Speaker 3: Could go to Utah. That would be a place that he's being mocked. I really like that.
Speaker 2: You could also get let's see Jet Howard versus Leonard Miller like that. I kind of like Leonard Miller at plus ten as well, but I think my first, my best pick that I really like and I'm trying to figure out where it is because it's off the board now, would be you can get Nick Smith and I got this from Terrell Furman to be a top ten pick at forty to one.
Speaker 5: Do you think he goes top ten Nick Smith?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, but I think forty to one is an insane price.
Speaker 5: I could see him going to Washington to Washington.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you're a score, they make bad decisions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like, if you're thinking.
Speaker 2: About what's great value, forty to one for Nick Smith is incredible. And then there's another one that I just saw as well that was to be drafted in the top ten, I mean the top five.
Speaker 3: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: You can maybe get Jaris Walker at plus two ten to be in the top five as well, but we'll have to go over.
Speaker 3: At all these things are moving all over the board.
Speaker 2: There's stuff that I was seeing today that's now gone, which has sort of made things interesting.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I also like Cason Wallace a lot under tweve and a half at minus one thirty five.
Speaker 5: I like the price on that.
Speaker 4: So my favorite bet was and I don't think I could give it out. But actually I wanted to ask you about this. So Kobe Buffkin was under sixteen and a half and I did lay a little juice there. Now it's dropped to fourteen and a half. What do you think about that though? I mean, I'm just looking at it. He's six foot five, he could obviously shoot. And then I was looking number twelve overall to Okay, see, I think that would be a really good fit. Would you go under fourteen and a half or do you think I should just leave it? I got under sixteen and a half. Just leave it at that, because I keep hearing his name thrown out there and I want to play a little bit more. I wish I would have bet more when it was under sixteen and a half. Now it's fourteen and a half. I didn't expect some of these to drop immediately. Yeah, so they're not on the board everywhere, so I'm looking like offshore of course case it.
Speaker 3: Really is one of those It is really one of those things where you think to yourself, like, oh my goodness, I have to go and you have to shop around a ton.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love.
Speaker 2: I like Kobe Buffkin twelve to Okay, see, yeah, I like that a lot.
Speaker 5: Under fourteen and a half, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think he gets I don't think he gets past New Orleans.
Speaker 3: I don't think he gets past Orlands.
Speaker 4: Okay, so fourteen and a half would still be a good bet. Yeah, because they got picked fourteen. I don't know what Atlanta does. They're probably gonna have to go with somebody like Clowney. I don't know what Utah is going on.
Speaker 2: People have him have Grady Dick mocked all the way to fifteen to Atlanta, which I think is fascinating.
Speaker 6: Do you think he's the best shooter in this draft Grady Dick? Because I think here's the thing. He's the best spot up shooter in this draft. He can rebound really well and he can slash really well. I think the best movement shooter in this draft is Jordan Hawkins.
Speaker 5: Okay, so yeah, that's where I'm going.
Speaker 4: And I wanted to know where you thought like he would be a good fit because I've seen him mocked at twenty six to Indiana.
Speaker 5: I've seen him mocked higher than that.
Speaker 3: Probably I think she can go lower than that.
Speaker 5: Fifteen and a half is his draft position. It's plus money to the under.
Speaker 3: If I'm Atlanta, I go ahead and take Jordan Hawkins.
Speaker 4: That's the thing shooters go so early in this draft. I'm looking for value, That's what I want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you can get under.
Speaker 2: Fifteen and a half is plus one fifteen. Over fifteen and a half is minus one fifteen fifty.
Speaker 4: For Jordan Hawkins, the only problem is and he could create his shot a little bit, but he doesn't play any defense, and that would be my only conception.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I like the three and D guys a little bit more. Yeah, I would go him over.
Speaker 4: Grady Dick though I think he has the I think he has the higher ceiling.
Speaker 3: I mean, what would you do about billall Cooliballe because his number is eleven and a half.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that just sounds about right.
Speaker 4: That seems like one that screws me if I play it like he goes a lot higher than I expect.
Speaker 5: What would you do there?
Speaker 4: It all depends on price, too, and what information we get here in the next couple of days.
Speaker 2: It's one fifteen both ways. Yeah, and it's about right. Yeah, it's about right exactly. I'm just going to pass on.
Speaker 4: That one for right now any chance, man, So you don't think that Portland likes Brandon Miller. That's the one that scares me now is number three overall. And do you think that there's any chance that they move that pick? Because I could see Thompson in the What if Whitmore goes right there? What if Cam goes number three to Portland? Any chance that that would be a thing, because I really needed.
Speaker 5: To go five.
Speaker 3: It's a thing. I think it's a possibility. Here's the reason.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 2: So, you don't work a guy out when you have the third overall pick if you're not at least thinking about it, right. And I like his skills. I like him for Portland as a fit, and I like him. I actually like him for Portland more.
Speaker 3: Than I like Brandon Miller, because you know how I feel about Brandon Miller.
Speaker 2: I think Cam Whitmore's upside well, no, I think Cam Whitmore's floor is higher than Brandon Miller's floor.
Speaker 4: I feel like I might like Brandon Miller and Dame together if Dave doesn't want to. I think Dame's staying at least the first half of the season.
Speaker 2: Like he said, he's a good movement shooter. Yeah, he's a good three point shooter. If he's open, he's making it.
Speaker 5: Brandon Miller that yeah, oh yeah yeah. And he plays defense, plays okay defense, he.
Speaker 4: Plays enough d he can't And I think he's a willing he'll be a better I think he could become a better stuffed at the rim. Why so, what was your biggest takeaway from either guests? Because I completely agree with John about Derek Lively being the best big outside of obviously the first overall pick Victor Webbin Yama. And I'm going to try to find a market to cash in on that. So I completely agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Derek Lively plus two twenty five to go top ten. I actually really like that quite a bit. I also think it's interesting the point that he made about Grady Dick and how shooters are.
Speaker 5: I did not want to distract you.
Speaker 3: He did, though. The Mets five zero wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Anywow? Yeah, there's zero. The Yasters have zero hits.
Speaker 4: They did this to me last time when she was on the mountain, and I actually backed him.
Speaker 5: So he might be all right though. All right, so yeah, we got away baseball. It's all about the NBA Draft this week. It's all about the draft.
Speaker 3: I thought what was interesting was his point of view on Grady Dick. We've known and.
Speaker 2: We had this conversation with him early on in the season along with I had this conversation with some people who were scouts and people who worked in front office for the NBA different teams during the Full Night Invitational in Portland when we saw Grady Dick who was there, and it was like, Grady Dick doesn't have any playmakers around him right now. He looks as bad as he will ever look. His NBA stock will be much higher than his college stock. He's one of the best shooters in the draft. I think probably the number one best shoot in the draft. He can be a movement shooter. He can slash, he can put the ball on the floor, and he can rebound.
Speaker 3: He's not great defender.
Speaker 2: So I think what was interesting was that, you know, Jeff Goodman had to say, listen, I think Grady Dick actually is going to rise when it all comes down to it, even though these teams are lying saying he's going to go eleven, twelve, thirteen, because they prioritize shooting and a lot of the guys in the top end of the draft can't shoot, literally, like Victor Wamanyama can shoot?
Speaker 3: Okay, not great scoot.
Speaker 2: No, not really, even though I told you he shoots forty percent when guys go under screens, amn't a man us are can't shoot? Cam Whitmark and kind of shoot? Who would be six? I don't even know. Jarris Walker can't really shoot, Anthony Black can't shoot. I mean, you've got a bunch of guys who are not shooters, and then Grady Dick sitting in the middle of it, and as a three point shooter.
Speaker 4: What are your thoughts on Taylor Hendrix though? Because he can shoot? I mean, you know, obviously more of a forward because he's six foot nine. Sorry, there's a fly that just will not leave me alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like him.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like I know enough about him, but I I do think he's definitely a top ten pick too. Where does he go like, I think I think maybe Indiana.
Speaker 5: Do you think he goes before Grady Dick? Okay, because yeah in most knocks, Yeah I do. Yeah, I think so I really want the more I.
Speaker 4: Think about it, I really want Grady Dick in Orlando because I think that's exactly what they need.
Speaker 5: Like, he shot forty percent from three six. Grady Dick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to Orlando, I want to be shocked.
Speaker 4: Because, like you said, he's probably the best three point shooter. Let's just say he's the best three point shooter in this draft. He shoots forty percent from three high basketball IQ. What I really like the Kansas is like off misses, he would look to push the ball up temple. That's why I think he'd be a great fit with Orlando. And I want to say they were like twenty fifth and three point shooting.
Speaker 5: So that's exactly what they need. The only thing I disagree, you know with is like I'm not.
Speaker 4: There with Jalen Suggs and I loved Jalen Sugs. Yeah, I don't know about all like with you, but I do like Grady Dick as a shooter. And as long as you're not like I mean, I wouldn't want him to be, like, you know, like the centerpiece of my team.
Speaker 5: You can't building around Grady. But I think he'd be like a great three or four.
Speaker 2: The ringer has has the magic taking Anthony Black at six fancy.
Speaker 4: That's where the last thing that they need is another dude that can't shoot the ball though, but.
Speaker 3: He can play make he's a better playmaker than folks Cole Anthony Sogs, Jalen Suggs probably, but.
Speaker 5: Do we know like Suggs is never healthy, never on the floor.
Speaker 2: Oh god, man, Like six to ten are very tough. I'm very curious to see. Also what the Mavericks.
Speaker 3: Do at ten.
Speaker 2: I think that there's some some noise around Taylor Hendrix going to the MAVs. Yeah, but they need somebody who can play defense as well. Like, I don't know they is Taylor Hendricks a three and d wing?
Speaker 4: I would really actually, to be honest with you, I think the MAVs like they need a big they do. And like if Derek Lively's getting in the top ten, I don't know that he goes to Utah, although maybe I don't know. I don't think I think it would be Dallas. I mean, it's just so hard to predict because I know it was a duke. But he only averaged five points, five boards. He did average, you know, almost three blocks per game, and he only played twenty minutes. But what are the MAVs going to look like next year? Is Kyrie going to be on the MAVs? Is he going to be in Dallas?
Speaker 3: You know, it appears, it appears that he will. He wants to be back. I'm curious. Also, they've got Derek Lively going eleven to the Magic.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't like that either. I mean, neither they need shooting. I think Orlando has to go with the shooter in this draft.
Speaker 4: I mean, but the thing is, are you going to go because let's say Grady Dick's off the board, right yep? Would you go with a guy like Jordan a man that's way.
Speaker 5: Too does it?
Speaker 2: Grady Dits feel very much like a Utah Jazz. Yeah, he just feels like yeah, and he can shoot right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think Kobe Buffkin's going to go a lot earlier than most people expect that really do.
Speaker 5: What about Jet Howard, Like there's another Michigan.
Speaker 3: Mocked to go to the Lakers. He's huge, he's six eight, six'. Nine.
Speaker 2: Uh he certainly has a really high upside if The lakers or The warriors were to get. HIM i feel like he could be developing into something really. Good but we're gonna have, Man we're Gonna and same thing With Bryce. Sensiball it's the same kind of a deal WHERE i really just don't know where he's gonna go. Either he's obviously a first round, talent but is he back half like completely?
Speaker 4: Late, yeah this draft like once we get, OUTSIDE i mean, really to be, HONEST i, MEAN i don't even know who.
Speaker 3: Outside of like.
Speaker 2: Sixteen outside of, sixteen like after, sixteen it's all hell breaks.
Speaker 4: Loose i'm looking at a couple Like, offshore just to see like the difference between like WHAT benmgm has and some of these other books. Have So Grady dick over picked ten and a half is minus two fifty under ten and a half is plus one eighty.
Speaker 2: One that's WHY i asked him IF i thought he could, go if he thought he would go top.
Speaker 5: Ten, yeah that's a good way to.
Speaker 4: THINK i, mean this is WHERE i want To this is Where i'm hoping to get my information. From what About Taylor hendrix over eight and a half is even? Money under eight and a half minus one thirty two really? Quick Anthony black over eight and a half plus one ninety two under eight and a half is minus two forty.
Speaker 5: Four, see this.
Speaker 4: Is not a whole lot THAT i really want to play right. NOW i love The Cam whitmore going fifth over all exact because now under five and a, half you're laying like minus three hundred minus three thirty in some. Spots Cason wallace over picked twelve and a half is plus money plus one eleven under twelve and a half is minus one forty. One do you think he goes before? TWELVE i think he's like a top he might be a top ten pick in this.
Speaker 5: Draft.
Speaker 2: YEAH i THINK i saw somebody mocked him to sixteen To, utah.
Speaker 3: BUT i don't think he gets that. FAR i think he'd go nine To.
Speaker 2: Utah, YEAH i saw, mock AND i Think Balaokola balle could go sixteen if they want, to if you because What i'm looking at is This ringer mock right, now and they've Got blaukoliballe going To utah at, nine and then they've Got Caseon wallace going to at sixteen To.
Speaker 3: UTAH i think he's gonna be the.
Speaker 2: Opposite, HONESTLY i think If utah can get case And, wallace they're not gonna let him.
Speaker 3: FALL i think there's gonna be a lot.
Speaker 2: More a lot more interest In Cason wallace than blaw cool Of balle because people were just not Watching met ninety two games In. France they JUST i think he's gonna go way more under the radar Than Caseon, wallace who played For.
Speaker 3: KENTUCKY i, agree you know The kentucky.
Speaker 5: Narrative what do you think The rockets are gonna? Do, like what do they?
Speaker 4: Need you Have Kevin Porter, junior you Have Jabari, smith and you Have Jalen, green so they need a. Guard they need some shooting, though and you have You doke obviously year, One So James.
Speaker 5: Harden that's not, happening. RIGHT i Think James harden goes back To.
Speaker 3: PHILADELPHIA i do, too and that's what all the news is.
Speaker 5: Saying that's best.
Speaker 4: Case scenario because like they need to, rebuild they have a coach for the first time in.
Speaker 5: Forever you got a bunch of young.
Speaker 4: DUDES i just wouldn't love that culture With harden and going. Back but so do you think they Go thompson probably most?
Speaker 2: Likely, Yeah and the, question, yeah to be, safe AND i think you put him as the point. Guard he's a shot, creator he's a combo. Guard he's got really great passing. Ability he's very. Athletic you obviously can't, shoot but, listen Like Jalen green can. Shoot kJ martin can. Shoot you've got you, know a bunch of other guys who. Can you, know you Got Jabari. Smith you need a guy who's really sharing the. Ball, yeah you've got a lot of players who can put the ball in the. Cup you don't have a like an unselfish, player you. KNOW i wonder whether they would even think about maybe Going, asar because A sar is even better playmaker Than. Amen so, yeah BUT i do think they think. THAT i do think the safest pick for them Is Amin.
Speaker 5: Thompson, YEAH i agree with you. THERE i think That. Nick what's that?
Speaker 4: NUMBER i can't find the number, now like off the board pretty. Much let me see it's, oh never. Mind over five and a half is WHAT i. Got minus three fifty. Seven under five and a half is plus two thirty seven For.
Speaker 5: Amen, no, no, no, No i'm sorry For.
Speaker 3: Uscer, yeah so.
Speaker 5: Okay, YEAH i don't have anything For amen right, now nothing THAT i could.
Speaker 2: Find, yeah over five and a half For Asar thompson minus three Forty i'm out of.
Speaker 5: There, Yeah i'm not doing. That i'm good on all.
Speaker 4: That, YEAH i don't feel LIKE i don't feel confident enough laying a big number with anybody in this, draft unless anybody wants to let me borrow fifty g's on Webin yama And i'll pay him back On.
Speaker 5: FRIDAY i. DON'T i don't feel comfortable laying a big number.
Speaker 4: BECAUSE i think anything can. Happen because, also do you think we're going to get any? Trades do you think any big names are gonna get moved On thursday?
Speaker 5: Night or do you think that all comes?
Speaker 3: AFTER i think comes.
Speaker 5: AFTER i.
Speaker 3: Do do you.
Speaker 4: Think pelicans look at maybe get up to, three maybe get up to two and Trade.
Speaker 5: ZION i don't think that.
Speaker 3: HAPPENS i saw.
Speaker 2: That portland Preferred zion over Brandon, ingram WHICH i don't know why that would. BE i guess you could say that he would be electric when he's, healthy but he's just never. Healthy well that's the.
Speaker 4: Problem and, like here's the THING i keep, SAYING i don't think he's gonna get. Moved but the only thing is he has no relationship with the, organization no relationship with the, team any of his, teammates, right like you listen to some of these. INTERVIEWS i don't, know, man maybe they do end up moving. HIM i don't think it happens on draft. Night maybe if they get off to a slow start or something like. THAT i think he's back In New, orleans AND i think that they actually live up to the expectations if they stay. HEALTHY i would rather Have Brandon ingram Than. ZION i know he's twenty two years. Old like you, said he's never. Healthy problem Is ingram's never really healthy, either but we've at least seen him perform on the big stage in the. Playoffs time for a little yay or. Nay you're gonna help me out, here Because i've been doing nothing but watching spring football for literally the last three and a half. WEEKS i need some help with MY nba draft. Bats So i'm gonna throw a couple guys at you with their draft, position and you're gonna tell me if you would go, over if you would go, under and then you could just like give me your thoughts on some of these guys, too, because let's be, honest some people listening TONIGHT i probably have no idea who the hell any of these guys.
Speaker 5: Are let's start With Anthony.
Speaker 4: Black his draft position right, now over eight and a half is plus two Twenty under eight and a half is minus three. Hundred what would you do, here not like throw out the prices, too, obviously.
Speaker 3: Throw the prices out.
Speaker 4: COMPLETELY i mean you really, can't, though because the market's pretty much telling you what they think is gonna, happen and it's most likely gonna, happen especially when.
Speaker 5: We get closer to the draft forty eight hours.
Speaker 3: AWAY i think he won't get TO i do not think he'll get To.
Speaker 2: Washington, like If washington is there and he is, THERE i think they take.
Speaker 5: Him you think they would Take Anthony.
Speaker 3: Black they are a wild.
Speaker 2: Card If washington doesn't take him, in you, know like that he could slide to. Twelve but, YEAH i Think Anthony black goes to The. Wizards that's WHAT i think.
Speaker 3: Happens so Or AND i know we Love, keith we, do And keith's very plugged.
Speaker 2: In The one thing THAT i disagree With keith BECAUSE i just have eyes AND i don't really care What orlando says is that they don't have good point.
Speaker 3: Guards, okay like they.
Speaker 2: Don't if maybe they Want Anthony black at, SIX i wouldn't think that that was some sort of shocking. DEVELOPMENT i know they need shooting And Anthony black is not. That but, listen, Man Anthony black would really help them with playmaking and.
Speaker 3: Defense All, Right.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be, selfish all. Right we know where The thompson twins are, going, Right, yeah.
Speaker 2: We Know amon is going to The, rockets and Probably oucer is the biggest. Wildcard auscer actually Impacts Anthony black quite a bit because If ouscer's there When washington is, drafting which a lot of people think that maybe he won't be because Potentially orlando will take him at, six then they will take. That washington would Take Austar thompson at. Eight what is his?
Speaker 3: Number his number?
Speaker 4: Is that's WHY i didn't Even over five and a half is minus three. Forty under five and a half is plus two. Forty so he's going over five and a. HALF i would, assume all right now the one that UH i, know the one that's gonna break my heart, TOMORROW i Have Cam whitmore going exactly to The Detroit pistons pick.
Speaker 5: FIVE i was so. Excited it was plus.
Speaker 4: Four hundred last. Week it was like minus two, HUNDRED i want to say at one, time.
Speaker 3: Yeah just two days ago it was minus two.
Speaker 4: Hundred the other, WAY i look at his draft position right, now over five and a half is minus two hundred under five and a, half which OBVIOUSLY i would need for him to land at five to The detroit plus one fifty.
Speaker 5: FIVE i just, thought, like you.
Speaker 4: Have a, wing you already have your back court of the future In Jaden ivy And Kate.
Speaker 5: Cunningham but it looks Like i'm. Screwed.
Speaker 3: Huh, yeah there's a lot of people who say.
Speaker 2: That The Detroit pistons are going to take maybe A Jeris. Walker, why you, KNOW i think that they need another power forward along side Of Jalen. Durham they feel like he can do a little bit of. Everything that's the main. Thing Jeris, walker as we, know went To. Houston he was really versatile for, them but was sort of, underused So detroit maybe wants to add some additional. Defense he also can playmake a little bit as, Well so, yeah The Detroit Free press thinks That Jeris walker.
Speaker 3: Would, be you, know a really good.
Speaker 2: Look he averaged eleven, points seven, rebounds and two assists With. Houston he's six foot, eight he's got a pretty good. Wingspan he's probably the best defensive prospect in the, draft and he can shoot a little bit as.
Speaker 3: Well so, YEAH i think that's why they like. Him is that the right? FIT i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i Thought Jeris walker would probably go To indiana because it feels like he's An indiana. Player, yeah but, man oh, man would that shake things? Up If detroit drafts him at, five that would really SHAKE i, mean you could See Cam whitmore fall to like twelve.
Speaker 5: Then SO i thought THAT i had two.
Speaker 4: LOCKS i THOUGHT i Had Kobe buffkin a really good number under fourteen and a. Half that's all the way down now to twelve and a. Half we'll get to that in a. Second and THEN i Thought Cam whitmore going fifth overall to The pistons was a. Lock and THEN i Saw yahoo had. This there are rumblings That whitmore is slipping on draft, boards but he looked incredible in a pre draft workout With Carmelo.
Speaker 5: Anthony In New york late last. Week so that's my hope that Maybe carmelo saves me.
Speaker 3: Here maybe it's just a smoke.
Speaker 4: Stream, YEAH i, mean it is lying season, right it is doing season all.
Speaker 5: Right so let's go To Cason.
Speaker 4: Wallace then over twelve and a half is minus one eighty under twelve and a half plus one forty. Five what would you do, there because that's a market you could actually bet minus one eighty tod the over under twelve and a half plus one forty.
Speaker 2: FIVE i think that's a stayaway for. Me the case and wallace range is. Massive oh, Also woes just Said detroit is maybe looking to trade out of this pick for the when.
Speaker 3: We were talking About Cam.
Speaker 2: Whitmore so maybe that's why they don't think that that's what's gonna.
Speaker 4: HAPPEN i just need him to go fifth. Overall it doesn't have to be The Detroit. Yeah so, well because it's just number five, exactly BUT i don't have the draft, position so like five and a half doesn't.
Speaker 5: MATTER i need to go exactly.
Speaker 3: Five and you need him to go to The. Pistons, no, no just fit.
Speaker 4: Fifth, yeah just the fifth overall selection plus four, hundred not To.
Speaker 5: Detroit that doesn't.
Speaker 4: Matter so if they trade out and somebody still takes them fifth for, money, yeah BUT i don't think it's gonna. HAPPEN i THINK i think there's a loss and that. Sucks there's NOTHING i can do about it.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah Cason wallace's range is. Massive i've seen him mocked into the top. Ten i've seen him mocked in the late, teens so at twelve and a, half that is an absolute stay away from. ME i look at the teams who might want to take, them and you, know maybe That's. Washington there's a lot of guards That. Washington washington could end up going out and getting. Right BUT i think IF i had to do, ANYTHING i would go, over, yeah BECAUSE.
Speaker 4: I feel like With, washington like they need a scoring. Guard they do, right like they need somebody that could score the. Basketball WHAT i like About wallace is he's probably the best on ball. Defender he could guard point. Guards he could guard two guards in this, draft he can score. Two BUT i just, yeah ANY i, mean he's big, enough six to, four one hundred and eighty five. Pounds he's been mocked. Fifteenth what is this number right?
Speaker 3: Now twelve and a.
Speaker 5: Half, Yeah i'd probably go, over BUT i don't. KNOW la minus one.
Speaker 4: Eighty i'm good on, that all, Right Grady dick over ten and a half is minus three. Hundred under ten and a half is plus two.
Speaker 5: TWENTY i like THE i like.
Speaker 3: It, YEAH i like that under ten and a.
Speaker 5: Half what do you think would be the best fit for? HIM i know we like joked About. UTAH I orlando needs. Shooters orlando from three point RANGE i killed for that for.
Speaker 2: Them orlando would be an incredible. Fit utah at nine would be a really good.
Speaker 3: Fit even even The MAVs at.
Speaker 2: TEN i know that they're looking At Taylor hendrix or Maybe Derek. Lively Taylor, hendrix as we, know is THE ucf. Kid he's six' eight.
Speaker 3: With seven feet one wingspan and is like very.
Speaker 2: Versatile forward but if you want some, additional shooting which is what KIND of luca needs to space, the floor then maybe they bring In A. Grady dick and we've talked to a lot of people who Think That grady dick be a top, ten talent SO and i think. He's valuable it's all about whether these teams value shooting more than the versatility at the wing position. Without, shooting yeah.
Speaker 4: And THAT'S why i think, like Shooters and i'm. WITH you i would, go probably and especially just because of the, GREAT price i would go under ten and a half plus two Twenty On grady dick. As well what would you Do With jordan hawkins because the. Same thing probably one of the better pure shooters in, this draft six, foot five one hundred and ninety. Five pounds we just saw him win a national Title. With connecticut i've seen him max seventeen To. The lakers i've seen him go. Before that his draft position over fifteen and a half minus one, thirty five under fifteen and a half plus one.
Speaker 5: OH five i would.
Speaker 4: Probably lean, on OVER but i don't want to, bet that just because again he's one of the better knocked out shooters in.
Speaker 3: This, DRAFT yeah i think he.
Speaker 2: GOES over i think he either goes to a team Like, the lakers the a team like he could do.
Speaker 5: SOME shooting I mean i Know That.
Speaker 3: Golden, state yeah because maybe they don't Bring Back.
Speaker 2: Max truce maybe you say, TO yourself i want like a cheaper version. OF that i Think the warriors could use him. AS well i Know That vaveue. Draft Nineteen the nets could use him at. TWENTY one I think i like. THE over i think this is my first definitive over minus one.
Speaker 3: THIRTY five i.
Speaker 4: Like it it's, a ya will you let me borrow twelve hundred DOLLARS because i really want to bet. THIS one i want To Go keyante george over pick thirteen and a half minus three tens the price now all of, a, sudden though under thirteen and a.
Speaker 5: Half is plus. TWO thirty i don't think he goes, before thirteen Do? YOU no.
Speaker 2: I don't i think the place that's the best fit, for him and this is why they're mocking it at thirteen or that that's Why the vegas is setting the line at thirteen and.
Speaker 3: A half i think he goes Fourteen To. NEW orleans i think that's an interesting place for him to continue to DEVELOP.
Speaker 5: With.
Speaker 2: Cj McCollum they want, To guard that's why they Want to That's Why new orleans wants to move.
Speaker 3: Into the top threes to try to get.
Speaker 2: A scoot if you can't, get scooted then maybe you stay at fourteen and you Get A kyante George.
Speaker 3: From baylor, all right here's.
Speaker 4: Probably my only lock now at. THE draft I Had kobe buffkin under fourteen and. A half it's at twelve and. A half what would you do hear now with the current draft is over twelve and a half is plus one. Thirty five under twelve and a half is minus one. Sixty five we've seen him mocked exactly at Twelve To oklahoma CITY and i think that would be a really. Good fit that's what scares me a little, Bit HERE like i could see him going Thirteen, to toronto though if, he slips what would you?
Speaker 2: DO here i think that number is a. Perfect, number, yeah exactly think it's a. Stay AWAY what i would, do actually instead of that is maybe take a little bit of a shot and try to take him to be drafted into the top ten at plus.
Speaker 3: TWO hundred I.
Speaker 4: Like leonard miller under twenty one and, a half it's only minus one fifty over twenty one and a half's, plus money but it's only plus.
Speaker 5: One twenty seen him Mock. To miami IT'S.
Speaker 4: Another g league ignite guy averaged twenty two points and thirteen boards IN The.
Speaker 5: G league but what do? You think who did we.
Speaker 3: Have last year where there were two.
Speaker 2: Back to back picks from a team and they took they took the wrong, player first and it SCREWED your. NBA draft i forget who, it was but that's a situation that we're looking at.
Speaker 5: Right now sharp got me?
Speaker 3: Last year Was it Shade?
Speaker 5: And?
Speaker 2: Sharp Yeah so Shade and sharp. GOT you i thought that there was maybe a team with two picks.
Speaker 4: Back to back and that was the big one that that cost Me a it turned a good night into what could have been the best night of.
Speaker 2: My life So the nets have the twenty first and twenty, second pick And what i'm seeing on mox Is That jordan hawkins could go twenty.
Speaker 3: One And leonard miller could go twenty two and that would really screw your.
Speaker 2: Bed Up Or leonard miller could go in twenty One And jordan hawkins could go. Twenty two it just kind of depends on What the. Nets, decide yeah but they've got. COMPLETE control i would stay all. The way that's a nae.
Speaker 5: FOR me i feel like this is the Toughest draft i've ever bet in. My life it's.
Speaker 4: VERY hard i really feel like last year we had a pretty good IDEA and i mean we were getting. GREAT value i, mean because like, You know benkara was what like ten to like one hundred to one or something ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Like That.
Speaker 4: Taylor hendrix over eight and a half is minus one thirty under eight and a half is plus.
Speaker 5: One hundred where do you think?
Speaker 3: He goes did you take this down ON my i.
Speaker 2: THINK yep I think i said stay Away From taylor hendrix the range is just. Too massive i'm seeing him as early, AS seven i am seeing him as late as.
Speaker 3: Like seventeen so that is a no. FOR me i.
Speaker 4: Hate that anything else that, You like i'm looking. Right now there's to, be drafted, top five to, be drafted. Top ten there's first round picks that are in here. As well is there? Anything else is there any other player that nobody's talking about that you're really excited for and you want to see go a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, EARLIER yeah i think there's.
Speaker 2: A couple I think i'm, really interested more interested than. Anything Else, noah clowney nobody's really Talking About noah clowney.
Speaker 3: At all he was.
Speaker 2: REALLY good, I mean i think he's probably a good fit for a team Like. The pelicans his range is like anywhere from fourteen. To thirty that's a. Massive range you're talking about lottery to almost the. Second round i'm interested to. See him i'm really interested to See Whether jet howard ends up.
Speaker 3: Going earlier than.
Speaker 2: People Think jet howard six eight kid At, a michigan. Really explosive see he can do a bunch of, different, things versatile.
Speaker 3: Very long.
Speaker 2: GOT injured i think it was a knee injury and messed around with his production for most of the year, after that and That's When kobe buffkins sort of started, To shine who's obviously one of the darlings of.
Speaker 3: This draft i'm.
Speaker 2: Very curious i'm gonna ask some of our insiders tonight about how high his ceiling IS because i think he could be one of the steals of the draft if.
Speaker 3: He ends up being.
Speaker 2: Completely healthy And then i'm really interested to see what Happens With. JARS walker i know people are talking about him the number six and, a half and again we talked about how much him going to the.
Speaker 3: Fifth pick would really screw up the rest of.
Speaker 2: The Draft COULD shaffino i don't think is being talked about a ton or he was maybe two three weeks ago and now he's not if you, like HIM and i think these are, like, FLYERS right i don't think these things are going. To happen but if you wanted To take chafino to go into the, top ten that's twelve.
Speaker 4: To one what do you think about in the Price Socks derek lively to go top, ten though is minus. ONE twenty i mean we Talked With jeff goodman LAST and i check out the PODCAST bet mgm to NIGHT and i asked him who's the best big Outside of webinyama in, this draft and, He Said. DEREK lively i feel like everybody said the. Same thing he has a seven to, seven wingspan he's a, rim protector and the three point shot during his pro day actually. Looked alright he's only two hundred and, fifteen pounds but you could put muscle.
Speaker 5: ON him, i mean look. At chet do you think he goes?
Speaker 4: Top ten preferably To The Dallas mavericks and we get that one in there minus one TWENTY because i kind of want to.
Speaker 5: Bet this here's.
Speaker 3: The thing what happens If the mavericks trade.
Speaker 5: That, pick okay you would need, a, big.
Speaker 3: Yeah who else would need?
Speaker 2: A big and Then the mack that would happen right After his orlando magic and they might. Take him that numbers. Pretty perfect ten and a half is that?
Speaker 4: The number or just to be a top? Ten pick but they took his draft. Position down THAT'S why i was just looking at to go top ten right.
Speaker 5: Now he's minus.
Speaker 4: One, Twenty Yeah anthony black's minus three thousand to be. Top Ten taylor hendrix is now minus you know, TWO thousand, i think like that's the Only Value kobe buffkins plus.
Speaker 5: Two hundred do you think he could go? Top?
Speaker 3: TEN yeah i.
Speaker 2: REALLY do i put that down on my list OF like i really like the price. Top, ten again you're talking About The washington wizards and we're just really not sure what they're gonna do in terms of the.
Speaker 3: Guard position what.
Speaker 5: Number Did you you said this before, The Show? Nick smith you said forty to one. Last night he was.
Speaker 3: Forty to one.
Speaker 2: Last night he's now twenty to one. Right, now wow that's a fascinating number.
Speaker 4: As Well, why yeah my, Favorite, DISTRICT, washington dc home Of, the wizards home of the soon To Be. Anthony black and if that doesn't, sell, tickets, see like what Do the wizards do for anybody? To care BECAUSE when i, MOVED here i was all excited because they actually made the Playoffs and i'm A Big russell, westbrook.
Speaker 5: Fan even though they had a.
Speaker 4: Losing RECORD and i, GOT here i, Was, LIKE okay i can watch some. Playoff Basketball maybe i'll meet some friends at, the Bar some wizards fans. AND uh i got here and they Had Like tucker carlson AND like CNN on i Was, like hey you guys mind Turning the wizard's?
Speaker 5: Game on and, they're, like oh they played a NIGHT and, i, said yeah it's.
Speaker 4: The playoffs what do they need to do to spark some interest besides like win, fifty games because that's not going to be. A.
Speaker 2: THING yeah, i mean even if they do win fifty games with Just Like bradley beal and, SOME randoms i don't think that's. GOOD enough i think you have to. BUILD organically i Think if I'm, the WIZARDS maybe i, look at, you.
Speaker 3: Know somebody you know the next Like A, josh GIDDY and i Think That's. ANTHONY black I Think anthony black's REALLY interesting I Think oscar thompson is really. Interesting too he can do.
Speaker 2: A lot he's gonna be a, playmaking guard kind of like a. Wing guard he can do a bunch of. Different things he's. Very versatile he can't shoot. A lick and if you say they, need to they if you say they need a, scoring guard then maybe they reach for a Player Like, nick smith, who's very, very talented. Extremely high upside fell considerably from the time he graduated high school to the time that we're sitting here. Right now so maybe something LIKE that i. Don't know it's gonna be a. Tough slog it's gonna be a multi.
Speaker 5: Year.
Speaker 4: Process yeah what sucks for, them is obviously they don't have a lot. Of repicks so let's look at some of, these guys let's look at, the trifecta and let's try to figure out what could actually. HAPPEN here i. Like that so we got we know he's going number, one, overall right so it would Be, wemb Yama, Wemban yama Scoot And brandon miller to, go, one two and three was the heavy chalk at minus one. Eighty Five So, San antonio Charlotte and portland obviously with the top three picks in.
Speaker 5: The draft what do you think? About?
Speaker 4: That one scoot, Number Two brandon miller, number three that's the chalk right now minus one.
Speaker 5: Eighty, FIVE no i don't.
Speaker 2: LIKE that I think I Like, brandon, Miller two, scoot three and then you're getting, plus money so.
Speaker 5: That's plus ONE seventy i like.
Speaker 3: That, more yeah so you would Go with THAT'S what i.
Speaker 4: Would Do brandon Miller and scoot.
Speaker 3: Plus, one well you're Basically Getting brandon miller to go too at plus one seventy because that's what the number. Really, is THEN so i wonder.
Speaker 5: If maybe that's the way that's.
Speaker 3: How YOU that i get. Back, back yeah that's how you.
Speaker 6: Edge back how sure are You About brandon miller GOING to, I mean i'm not?
Speaker 4: That sure like what are the? Latest reports like WHAT am i? Missing here where all of, A Sudden jonathan, GIVONI.
Speaker 2: Said i played it for you had a conversation with some other show, and, said listen they Brought In brandon Miller and scoot just to try to make sure that they weren't making the wrong decision By Drafting. Brandon MILLER like, i said it's, smoking MIRRORS but i don't know which way the smoke is going and the mirrors.
Speaker 3: Are GOING but i do like that plus.
Speaker 2: One seventy because You're Getting brandon miller at number, two overall which is now plus, One fifteen but you're basically getting him at plus one seventy because the other.
Speaker 4: Two are locks, Right right and there's no reason to even talk about the OTHERS because i Don't think i'm Me and thompson sneaking into well although we weren't.
Speaker 5: We talking about this a couple of, nights, Ago though Like Maybe brandon miller falling outside of the.
Speaker 4: Top three if you were to fall outside of the, top, three though who else would go?
Speaker 5: Before him would It be thompson because, that's eighteen it would have.
Speaker 2: To BE but i just but that would, be yeah that would be plus fourteen hundreds for him to. GO third i JUST don't i just don't see those odds indicating that that would be. A reality Even A, cam WHITMORE which i joked around About because portland worked, him out that's eighteen. TO one i, don't, know man it really does feel Like it's Brandon and scoot as either two three or three or two three the.
Speaker 5: Other way Let's, Go scoot Let's. Go charlotte do the. Right thing do the, Right. THING charlotte i just feel LIKE with, i, Mean So brandon miller seems like the, safe, Pick.
Speaker 3: Right yeah. IT does, i mean you talk about think.
Speaker 2: ABOUT this i was watching some Footage Of brandon miller and what he likes. To do he can slash a, little bit he has above the. Rim qualities he is a pretty. Good defender he's a knockdown shooter by. Like SPADES probably i would say the best shooter in. This draft, you know You've Got, Grady dick You've Got, jordan hawkins but nobody Talking About brandon miller because he's in the top. Three there mostly when they talk about the, best shooters they're talking about outside. Of him he's a forty percent three point shooter when he's. Wide, Open right so if you imagine for A second LaMelo ball Playing With, brandon miller how many Open Looks brandon miller is gonna get and how if he if he learns, to Backcut what LaMelo is gonna be able?
Speaker 3: To do and he's six, 's eight that's a really.
Speaker 2: Fun combo you replace a Guy In gordon hayward who you really got nothing, out of but you now have a big bodied.
Speaker 3: Wing who can play a. Little defense he, can shoot he.
Speaker 2: CAN slash i don't love, his mobility but, who knows maybe he develops into Like A Paul george and now you Have A LaMelo paul?
Speaker 3: George combo what.
Speaker 5: Team would you feel?
Speaker 4: Better, about like, let's, say okay so let's Say That brandon miller goes To To. Charlotte portland you guys. Get scooped who do you feel who do you feel?
Speaker 5: Better? About portland because You. Have dame, still no.
Speaker 2: Because even if we do have To, trade dame Even if portland does have To, trade dame you have probably the most athletic backcourt IN. The nba now find me a more. Athletic backcourt. I'm serious. Find It it's Shade and sharp And It's. Scoot, henderson yeah what? Is that, that's like, that's bouncy. That's athletic May be shadon as, a THREE but i don't.
Speaker 3: THINK so i think he's more of. A Two shadon sharp's gonna be the Next Like, Kobe bryant.
Speaker 4: Tracy McGrady that's almost LIKE why i feel like With the blazers they should almost just, think future just because it's crazy to Think that dame's gonna be thirty three.
Speaker 5: YEARS old i just want to see him have a legit shot to win. A CHAMPIONSHIP and i.
Speaker 4: Want to See the blazers at least like become a fun basketball team again, For YOU and i think you guys are knocking on that door with some, young talent and it's almost just better to rip the band.
Speaker 5: Aid. OFF maybe, I mean i'm just saying that with like, personal.
Speaker 4: EXPERIENCE like i would rather just like my, team ever any team just kind of like blow it up because the rebuild. Year suck, but, BASKETBALL hell i feel like sucks much more like what? For suck like Being a raptors fan? Right now like what's you KNOW what? I mean like winning like forty three forty four games Being a. Bulls fan it just doesn't really do it. FOR me i would rather pick in the top four and be, able to, you know at least get my franchise player here in the next couple.
Speaker 5: Of years this? Does THIS can i ask you? A? Question yeah?
Speaker 2: About this so if you Look At, ja morant which is basically what people Are Comparing scoot henderson To R, Derreck Rose, Derek Rose, Ja Morant, Donovan mitchell he's an.
Speaker 5: Explosive guard he's a.
Speaker 3: Slash yer dame, Is ThReD dame's.
Speaker 2: Thirty, one well he can shoot a, Little BIT like, i said when you go, under screens he can knock knock.
Speaker 3: It down wasn't that what they?
Speaker 5: Said, though like but then during the second workout he didn't shoot. As, well, yeah, okay yeah.
Speaker 2: So Okay so jaw on his first year eighteen points, per game jaw in his, second year nineteen points. Per game john his, third year twenty seven points, per game, fourth year twenty seven points.
Speaker 5: Per.
Speaker 2: Game okay So if dame is, thirty four So Say scoot henderson takes two years to develop Into a jaw, Like, player okay because he would be the number one consensus overall pick if it Wasn't.
Speaker 3: For.
Speaker 2: Vic right so say he develops on the same Trajectory That ja, moran does he's AN All Nba all star caliber player with in two to. Three years dame is now, thirty three. Thirty four he's already missed one year due, to, injury right so he's been sitting. On ice it's not, the ages the mileage he has. One year really he's like thirty because OF like, nba. Time right and now You've got shayden who has three years, To develop You've got scoot as three years. To develop You have dame who's, thirty three. Thirty four what's Wrong with dame getting a ring at? Thirty four what's wrong?
Speaker 5: With that nothing? At all do you think that that's good?
Speaker 4: Enough though or do you think THAT they i mean SEE that i feel like they would need, somebody ELSE and i just worry about them ever bringing in a. Free AGENT although, i mean if, they're winning and if they build A, Young, corty, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, come, on hey you Can get DeAndre and then oh, my gods well?
Speaker 5: What, else like what else would?
Speaker 2: They need though they need, a four that's they really do need another Defensive Wing.
Speaker 5: Kyle, Kuzma okay i'm not a. Defensive wing when you.
Speaker 3: Said, the, FOUR yeah I Mean kyle kuzma wouldn't.
Speaker 5: BE horrible.
Speaker 3: I don't i wouldn't, hate That but i'm a.
Speaker 2: Little, desperate obviously a Player Like michel bridges you're never, gonna get but maybe you wait till.
Speaker 3: FREE agency i don't know somebody, like that.
Speaker 2: SOMEBODY long, I Mean jeremy grant when he plays his, Best Basketball jeremy grant can be.
Speaker 3: Absolutely unstoppable it's just he's he's, six', eight he's long he's got a.
Speaker 5: Very.
Speaker 2: Long wingspan uh he averaged what twenty one points per? Game last year so if you have twenty one with him and Twenty seven with scoot And thirty with dame and twenty five eight And seven With, shade, and sharp like that's ninety points.
Speaker 3: Across.
Speaker 6: Four, players, YEAH yeah well I am confident i'm, rooting, for You Guys trade, Anferny, simon's trade nurkic get some additional players that are gonna be able, to help you, and we'll.
Speaker 3: See we'll see so.
Speaker 4: We're Gonna go with we're Gonna, Go with vic we're Gonna Go with brandon, miller number two and we're Gonna go with scoot number three.
Speaker 5: PLUS one seven i think. That's the head so we're staying.
Speaker 4: Away, from the chalk Which, Would, be Vic Scoot, and brandon miller which is minus. ONE eighty five i think that those two, have a shot no Chance on probably thompson going third overall, Eighteen To one cam whitmore twenty. Five To one cam whitmore going Third Overall after brandon miller would be forty.
Speaker 5: Five to one that. Would crush me we need to win more. Right, At five yeah i'm gonna. Hedg you though i'm gonna grab a little bit of that at plus ONE seventy because, I just SEE i just i should have not.
Speaker 3: Because you're still getting. The, PLUS money YEAH i.
Speaker 4: Just I can't see Charlotte going with scoot THE more that i, think about it it's Going To. Be BRANDON miller and i actually, liked that fit, like you Said you have LaMelo who could get, him the ball he could? Shoot the, Three, well enough well he's, A Good. Defender brandon, Miller yep so and that's exactly what they needed on plenty defense and they.
Speaker 5: Need to wing they do. All right there it is plus one seventy.
Speaker 7: If You're interested david aldridge wrote a really good Piece In The, athletic release today basically a confidential type thing when He went to chicago to camp and talked to a lot of executives while the youngsters were. Showing their wares altrich Talked To one western Conference Executive.
Speaker 1: About brandon miller i'll EDIT this.
Speaker 7: As i go if you're, Just talking talent he's a six'. Nine guard wing player he's got all the. Talent in the world you can line up As freshman season with tatum. And all those guys you can line it up just in terms of production. AND what he did i know they lost the tournament because of injury or, whatever the cause was but he's, got a high level put the ball in his, hands.
Speaker 1: Type of guy and. That's what he, is, Another.
Speaker 7: Executive said basically I've Heard about, the paul george comps but you're talking about, somebody who Can.
Speaker 1: Shoot maybe not durant But He's. Better, THAN paul.
Speaker 4: George yeah i, can't Go that far But I'm a. BIG paul GEORGE fan i just i think this.
Speaker 7: Is a college head, coach who said, that by the Way who competed against alabama AND said not.
Speaker 3: K d obviously didn't play him in The. Tournament better Than George when when, brandon, miller went like, OH for like seventeen.
Speaker 4: I, MEAN the game yeah i mean, the numbers are great, and like you said, HE'S six foot nine i mean in his body.
Speaker 5: Like he's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Able to put out so he'st two hundred pounds and he's the, kind of guy though like, you could see it like you can. Put muscle on him he averaged nearly, nineteen points, per game, eight rebounds two.
Speaker 5: Assists forty three percent field.
Speaker 2: Goal he averaged fifty he had fifteen percent From The Field against san diego state in and, now as big favorites he averaged what he had thirty percent From. The, field against.
Speaker 5: Merrick yeah he, also had six turnovers though.
Speaker 3: He had thirty percent From.
Speaker 2: The field against maryland he had Against WHAT was it Texas A. And m corpus christie remember he didn't score and that he didn't score a Single point in the.
Speaker 4: Then it went over on his points in the next game. And he scored nineteen but all of those like remember he had a really bad First. Half too against maryland all that pretty much came In THE second HALD.
Speaker 3: Texas a And M in the south region first round shot twenty five. Percent.
Speaker 4: FROM the field see i never let, that bother me though, because like in college you're. Playing WITHIN a system the nba is, a completely different BEAST you.
Speaker 2: Know, what i mean Like Don't you think nate oates is trying to get them AS much into, the nba free flowing lots of threes.
Speaker 4: Type, OF a system, yeah i mean yeah that Is.
Speaker 5: The system, FOR nato it's. Yeah i, mean YEAH but again, LIKE i don't know i Haven't.
Speaker 4: Seen ENOUGH of scoot everything, i see, is like you know you can watch games or, you can watch clips but it's just so MUCH Different.
Speaker 5: Like the. G league ignight stuff it was.
Speaker 4: KIND of like when i was watching IT was like When i was watching luca, AND people were like i don't know.
Speaker 5: If his, game translates i'm?
Speaker 4: Like what doesn't translate he gets step back, threes in people's eyes and he's playing for championships like, eighteen nineteen years old.
Speaker 5: THAT'S going to. TRANSLATE i DON'T know i mean i, can.
Speaker 4: Tell you this like If it, is a bulls fan if My team Could Have, SCOOT or brandon miller I would actually Rather I think have brandon. MILLER'S really sounds yeah i just think he's more. Of a sure THING the only thing i Would worry about with scoot is like THE same thing that i worry About. RIGHT now, with jah i mean when he's actually on the floor is how like what how many years is he going? To Be around for unless, But like you said scoot does. Have A Better jumper like derreck rose did not, have a jump shot he couldn't have A, FREE throw at memphisto i would have been pretty much, A millionaire on Fourtunately but joh and, jos's jumper's gotten better.
Speaker 3: But, it's, NOT great YEAH yeah i.
Speaker 4: THINK i REALLY would i think i would rather have a six' nine combo guard wing that could defend that she's forty three percent. AND could hit the three i just think. He's HE'S the Safer pick but i think scoot, has like the higher. Ceiling if that makes sense It's Kind of. LIKE the zion joh draft i mean, Going Back to that one like zion was the safe pick all we talked about for three years and Then his Freshman.
Speaker 5: Year at duke was zion you had to.
Speaker 4: Go HIM number one overall but i felt like the upside and The, ceiling was higher for, joh especially because you know one guy is constantly out of shape and, it's never On, the court even at duke like he blew out of his sneaker and.
Speaker 5: We, were worried about, It Then.
Speaker 2: By the Way mariah mills legend her, twitter got shut down today, Which.
Speaker 5: IS a sad day like i can't believe that that. Went on for that long it was like day nine and. They finally shut her down.
Speaker 2: We had people advocating to take over and have a coup In this country and. Their Twitter Wasn't shut down the Mariah.
Speaker 3: Mills goes crazy. On zion for five.
Speaker 4: Days he's trying to get the bag.
Speaker 2: And we're trying to get the bag and maybe we'll release a, little little sexy time tape and all of a sudden her.
Speaker 3: Account is just SHUT down.
Speaker 4: See that's, What i didn't get Though like why everybody's, throwing zion under the bus like well.
Speaker 5: Is off the court stuff all.
Speaker 4: That's happening is he's about to be a new dad and somebody's calling him out like he didn't do.
Speaker 5: Anything wrong in MY opinion, now we're talking? Nba draft? What really matters all right so right now we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Look at first overall pick we're gonna, look at the top ten the big the draft really begins for me, a pick two. For everybody let's, Be Honest so right now scoot henderson minus one fifty, Five To go second overall. Brandon miller plus one fifteen no chance it's anybody, but one, of those two right yeah, obviously like, any other draft You know it could be. Scoot going number One Overall, it Could Be brandon miller but webin yam is obviously. Going to go number one so all three of these guys are going. To be the lottery picks where would the?
Speaker 5: Smart money?
Speaker 4: For YOU be Right Now because i grabbed brandon miller, AT plus one sixty. Five I felt really good then i Listened To. EVERYBODY hype, up scoot henderson i Said there's no chance that charlotte's, going to PASS on him AND now i feel like i probably Should Have. Just stuck with brandon miller he's plus one fifteen. Scoots minus one fifty five i'm just kind. Of out on this market what would you do right now if you, Didn't PLAY anything.
Speaker 2: At all if i hadn't played anything for, The, NUMBER two OVERALL pick yeah i Think I would probably take brandon. Miller at plus one fifteen THAT numbers already moved When I just played A Jonathan gavoni interview with, i think a different show and it was like Plus One seventy five for, brandon miller to go.
Speaker 3: To and now in ten minutes it's Now.
Speaker 2: Plus one fifteen for. Brandon miller to go to so the lines are. Moving all over the place you. Know what this feels like this feels like the day, before the draft last year but with, the number one Overall pick when it Was. Palo and it was jabbari the Lines are moving all over these people, say that they have intel. And the intel hasn't changed it's a team that has never really been a team that you can understand, their decision making at all very clearly wanting to keep things under their Hat that last year was orlando, with the number one pick which all Year Pretty much like after march madness and in, pre draft workouts and Combined, Everybody, Said. It was jabari jabari jabari Credit To me for saying paolo benkaro was the. Best player in that draft it, wasn't close, in my opinion BUT hey that moved and Woj.
Speaker 3: Was saying it was jabari Everyone.
Speaker 2: Was saying it was jabari Everybody's Been saying it was brandon miller number two pretty much.
Speaker 3: Since, the lottery was announced yeah.
Speaker 2: This feels suspect to me it feels like ONE giant smoke screen and i don't know which smoke.
Speaker 3: Is. Screening, in Which direction yeah.
Speaker 4: See if i'm betting this, Like ten year Years Ago i'm gonna take, brandon miller to go Too because.
Speaker 5: That's what the hornets need they need, a wing who could defend who.
Speaker 4: Could also knock down threes you already Have your, point guard in LaMelo BALL but, you could play i Mean you could probably. Play scoot off the Ball you're not gonna. Play LaMelo off the ball he needs. The, Ball IN his hands yeah so i just. Don't know how, That fits so that's.
Speaker 5: Why like.
Speaker 3: You Would be saying to.
Speaker 5: MICHAEL jordan, making the pick i mean even though, you.
Speaker 2: May cut check two you, Would, Be saying to yourself. Ooh stroman almost got hit you, Would, be saying to yourself Well This means that The charlotte hornets don't think. LaMelo ball is staying that they think they're going to lose him in free agency when he's a, free agent in the.
Speaker 5: Year and, that's why they would draft and That's.
Speaker 3: Why they would draft scoop but.
Speaker 4: Instead you should try. To probably put something Together You keep him. And brandon miller sitting, there he's plus One Fifteen, so you, think brandon miller All Right. So obviously then brandon miller is there Any Chance, anybody Other than, brandon miller then I'm sorry anybody other? Than, scoot will go third, overall, he's plus one twenty Okay and He.
Speaker 5: Goes to, PORTLAND with dame.
Speaker 3: Uh Yeah i think so and dame's?
Speaker 5: Cool with that for?
Speaker 3: Now how?
Speaker 4: Does, THAT see for now like I Know, you DON'T want brandon miller but i feel like he's a better fit, for what you Guys need.
Speaker 5: For, WHAT the Blazers Need.
Speaker 3: Yeah i mean brandon miller? DOES he contribute. Right away, i don't know all right.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about. Then the Fourth, Overall pick He? Got amen amen, OR amen by The.
Speaker 3: Way i think it's Amen we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Go with amen around here minus one ninety to, Be The fourth overall pick. CAM whitmore, PLUS two fifty I.
Speaker 3: LIKE i THINK it's almond i do. I, THINK.
Speaker 4: That's the Best.
Speaker 2: YEAH i think it's alman i. THINK that it's not Close I feel that. The houston rockets need him it's. The best fit for him it's. The best fit for them they have a bunch. Of guys That Can, Score they Have, Jalen green They've, Got jabbari they've got shngon they've, got a bunch Of. Guys they got kJ martin so you need someone who can share. The sugar a little, bit you Need A. Playmaker and that's almond thompson.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 3: IT'S a perfect fit, yeah i just.
Speaker 5: Don't know like what They're.
Speaker 4: GOING to, be, the rockets i mean Obviously you know, you have Yudoka Coming, in you Have Kevin, junior you Have Jalen. GREEN you have jabari SMITH i don't know if i. LIKE any, Of those guys. I mean jabari's. So young, i don't know all right here's where. It gets interesting for me pick five Is Not, going to be, Cam whitmore You're telling.
Speaker 5: Me so now i'm.
Speaker 4: Wondering I'M just not sure do, i just STAND pat though or do i try to. JUST hedge a little bit i, got a plus four hundred now he's plus One Seventy five only and jeris walker, Is plus one seventy five So. The hedge WOULD be walker but like, i said during the, break my concern.
Speaker 5: Would be neither.
Speaker 4: Of Them go fifth overall maybe, detroit even Moves the, pick somebody Like Thompson goes, Or maybe TAYLOR hendrix goes and then i just lost three hundred dollars on the FIFTH overall, pick IN the nba draft AND i don't know if.
Speaker 5: I want to do that.
Speaker 4: So that's the big issue is there Any Chances anybody other Than Walker, If it's not Cam whitmore Let's say just detroit stands pat they don't.
Speaker 3: Move, the FIFTH over all No, then i think that's walker because.
Speaker 2: You're talking about a guy so If They're trying, To bring jeremy grant back walker Is Just. Essentially a cheaper, jeremy. Grant He's a younger cheaper jeremy grant continues to keep the, timetable and what it is which. Is all these, YOUNG kids and you know i think. Money, WENT involved, In, it yeah i think Jared If, you have already cam Whitmore It will Be Either jeris walker or, cam whitmore in my opinion.
Speaker 5: Might as well just play a little plus one seventy five at. Least, get my money.
Speaker 3: Back yeah, hedge off a little.
Speaker 4: Bit and then we move over, to the six overall pick which right now belongs to.
Speaker 5: The Magic they need shooting.
Speaker 4: Anthony black's Plus four fifty i'm, On thompson's plus four Hundred so you got the thompson's plus, Two Hundred plus four hundred, Anthony Black plus four fifty. Cam whitmore Plus five hundred let's say Cam, falls to false pass detroit any chance he goes there at six because That's Plus five hundred or. Jeris walker plus five fifty what would you do if you had to take a?
Speaker 5: Shot, WITH the six overall.
Speaker 2: Yeah i think, it WOULD be either awesome WHICH i don't love because i just don't think It's a GREAT fit for, orlando.
Speaker 3: Or i would go you know what would. BE a very interesting one i think we're looking. At it the, same thing it's a reach but. It would be very interesting. And, it's thirty to, ONE yeah it's greaty guy.
Speaker 4: I was, gonna say the same. Thing because they need shooting you got a. Forty percent three point shooter what a perfect fit. And what a great price BUT do you, think that's, i mean early. But man thirty to one thirty to.
Speaker 2: ONE is a nice PRICE i think you and. I, SHOULD jump on, that yeah i like that and we can, GRAB him.
Speaker 3: At eleven too i. Mean, when that comes? Out yeah?
Speaker 5: You, know what.
Speaker 4: Really small yeah really small maybe we'll get a. Free, bet Out of it yeah the pacers have pick. Seven as of right now i've Seen Mox where. They take jeris walker here i'm, hoping That That's.
Speaker 3: The case or taylor Hendrix?
Speaker 5: So would you go hendrix if you had to make a, BET on it right.
Speaker 3: Now i would probably take.
Speaker 5: HE'S still plus two hundred I Would.
Speaker 2: Probably STILL take jeris walker if i hadn't made a. BET on cam whitmore right i Don't Want a bunch of. Jeris walker futures out there.
Speaker 3: That's just, NOT my.
Speaker 2: Thing But, YEAH i think for indiana i don't. THINK they trade the Pick I think It's Either. Taylor hendrix or, jeris walker so.
Speaker 4: Eighth overall we've seen A Bunch of mocks where Anthony. Black goes to the wizards. Obviously they need a guard They Just. Moved down from bradley beal we'll. See What Ends up happening is kyle kuzma is going. To Become a free agent anthony black.
Speaker 5: To go eighth. Overall is plus one forty that kind of, seems like a, Sure, thing right.
Speaker 3: Kinda, does yeah kind Of Does.
Speaker 4: Unless my guy KOBE buffkin maybe, falls or i should say goes eight man or twill for that he's.
Speaker 5: Plus eight hundred or.
Speaker 2: Auser we haven't had an auscer get picked up, yet In our little mock so, ouscer is nine to one Maybe A little sprinkle on anthony black and Then.
Speaker 3: A smaller amount on auscer.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna bet that the.
Speaker 4: WIZARDS make the wrong decision i wish you could, Just Bet that ninth overall taylor, Hendrix Is plus four hundred. Anthony blacks plus four hundred so everybody's kind. Of the same price? Here When, do you start when also when do, we start, seeing Some trades because like what's utah? Looking to do right now, They got the ninth.
Speaker 3: Pick, Maybe looking To trade.
Speaker 5: BACK that's what i'm thinking I.
Speaker 2: Think maybe trade with okac, and grab The twelfth Pick And maybe OKAC wants.
Speaker 3: Kobe buffkin Because i.
Speaker 2: DON'T think the MAVs Would i don't Think, the MAVs would Grab buffkin but maybe the magic would at eleven.
Speaker 3: If, THEY wanted a.
Speaker 4: Guard yeah i would like. TO fit for them too.
Speaker 3: I like that fit in. Okay see a lot.
Speaker 4: Plus then, he GOES before pick fifteen so i, at least cast one bet which would.
Speaker 5: Be, Helpful for tomorrow.
Speaker 3: NIGHT yeah thursday night exactly.
Speaker 2: I think that's An Option i've also seen blall koulibali.
Speaker 3: Go, ninth plus five.
Speaker 5: Hundred yeah, thanks for saying, His, name by the, way.
Speaker 3: Yeah instead of us just pretend just.
Speaker 5: Like iway was just passed him up.
Speaker 3: For people who don't know the scout.
Speaker 5: Give, us a scouting report.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's he's actually got.
Speaker 2: Some incredible wingspan and hands, if you look at, him he's a sleeper dude like He's Played with uh With victor wambiyama. In the metropolitan ninety two he WAS his TEAMMATE In The L.
Speaker 3: And b french pro. League he's a.
Speaker 2: Shooting guard he's, only eighteen he's six six which is great, for like a shooting guard but he has a seven to. Three wingspan seven three wingspan do you know the other only person that height that we had that kind OF, a Wingspan In.
Speaker 3: The Nba. That's kawhi leonard kawhi leonard he averaged a zero point eight nine points per.
Speaker 2: Offensive chance this past year that was number, one For Potential. First rounders including victor wanbiama in The Entire. Under twenty one french league he was number. One in defensive statistical impact so he's a two, guard who can, play defense who, can score.
Speaker 3: Who's Very Long, very RANGY and sam.
Speaker 2: Vesni who i think is going to, come on our show tomorrow says that. Teams are fascinated by, Him okase he. LIKES him utah likes him i think he's a player who's going to Come Out kind of like ujman Jang did last year with oka see yeah and wow us by the fact that some team has, quote unquote reached for him but REAL hoopeads or in the nba circles have been sort of keeping an eye on. HIM for A While now i think sam presty Could Maybe, trade up for bilau kuliballe or maybe.
Speaker 3: They, TAKE him at nine yeah i.
Speaker 5: Could see that at?
Speaker 4: Nine What, about it ten derek lively so minus one twenty for. HIM to go top ten i feel like if, he does go top ten which is what that mark it's telling, you at minus one twenty then he Goes.
Speaker 5: At ten to the mavericks even.
Speaker 4: Though he only, averaged five rebounds five points he did average almost three blocks and twenty minutes in the one Year. That he played at duke and he's plus. Three hundred To go ten you know. Dallas, needs a room protector yeah they need. Somebody to rebound the basketball they get. Absolutely destroyed on the glass.
Speaker 5: They don't really hate tig what do you? THINK about Plus three hundred.
Speaker 4: I think i'm adding this i think, We Have. To do it derek lively, plus three hundred is official Is An, official ad with kobe buffkin and that's probably.
Speaker 2: We have to also, Take we're Taking At, six, We're, taking grady dick right yeah.
Speaker 4: We got to take that we got to take.
Speaker 3: That, AT thirty to One.
Speaker 5: Yeah i mean the magic.
Speaker 4: Needs shooting and is two i'm investing in their future here for the, next Three To, five years the orlando magic. And That's what they need so I'm With you there this derek.
Speaker 3: Lively too plus three hundred So For now WE'VE got.
Speaker 2: Jerris Walker's what i, Have Jeris walker seventh overall grady dick sixth, Overall At thirty to one bla coolaballe ninth, overall At Five to one and derek lively to go.
Speaker 3: Tenth At three to one.
Speaker 5: Kobe buffkin under fourteen and a half. Time twelve and a.
Speaker 3: Half, i'm Fine With that too and cam whitmore that's.
Speaker 4: The wild card for me, If he goes fifth overall champagne.
Speaker 5: On me all night.
Speaker 3: Long you're such a Life it'll be A Big.
Speaker 4: Saturday, at, the dave matthews guys ever.
Speaker 3: Give, me anything joints for, everybody not like.
Speaker 5: That though not like that That's the new. Gum that i've been.
Speaker 2: Chewing that's all the time that we have For This Bonus. Episode of the heat check MANY thanks to My Bet mgm co host Ryan Horvat. And my producer scott linn there, will be more bonus episodes so make sure.
Speaker 3: You stay tuned for those.
Speaker 2: Do not forget the download subscribe and tell your friends every single day and one of THEM and follow us on sociali at this heat Check, and at, Trist to Crick. On TikTok instagram and twitter. We'll see you next time