Speaker 1: Gangs, the chronic goals. This is not your average show.
Speaker 2: You're now tuned into the reil.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the gainst the Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and Black Effect Podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles. For my Apple users, hit the purple Michael on your front screen, subscribed Against the Chronicles, leave a five star rating and comment. All right, all right, all right, here we go again, another episode Against the Chronicles podcast with your boy Big stealing the homie chip. You know eight. I figured tonight, man, we would go back to our roots. Man. I got a pretty incredible brother on here to night, Man calling in Man from the belly of the Beast Man. And just to give you a little bit of backstory, man on this brother. Man, his brother is real prolific man. He's accomplished author, man, TV writer.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is that this brother don't do. Man, Kwame t kwame? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 1: See? I appreciate it. I appreciate both of y'all.
Speaker 4: I appreciate the platform, and I definitely appreciate a president because I dot.
Speaker 1: So official. Definitely for sure.
Speaker 3: Man. So we're gonna make this work man the best we can man, because I was in here trying to get together my apologies man from being a little off schedule. Man, you know both for sure. We want to make sure we got this story out here. Man. So you know where I got to start off.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You sold a crazy amount of books. Man, I think you sell them. You sold more books out of there man, that people is free and walk in the streets.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, I definitely had a very very punching in front. Man. We know I went to work.
Speaker 4: We put out Duche, we put out Dutch in two thousand and two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: I was funning really.
Speaker 4: Coffee one through the holding of the early Okay, don't get me wrong. Tevy had to truly the game and they said it all tid I'll be on camp on it those over.
Speaker 1: Those boats, the Dutch.
Speaker 4: So when Dutch came out and it's like shop Clay right and everything, he just went in the hype. Moll that go back, I said, And that was the opport. That was a light with opportunity, the light time forever for sure.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you this man, because a lot of brothers men, if they get locked up Man, they pretty much done. You feel what I'm saying. They kind of you though, I guess, go through a state of depression and all this other stuff. Man, what made you decide to say, Okay, I'm gonna start writing books.
Speaker 1: I want the first thing?
Speaker 4: You know, when I first got when I got instwered, this time they're gonna get it. Two light shit, it said eighty years attacked and attack. Then you're waking up to a tunnel with no light. The only light in that tunnel with you yourself. So I had that time to really reflect for who I was. That I had to say to myself, I didn't have to decide what I will through the gut when I had to decided what I want through the gear out. And once I established that floor, that foundation, it made it. It gave me the principles to live by the show them pull that being who I am, being the man that I am is going point the tree.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 1: When the day came, but my.
Speaker 4: Head was spinding and shit was crazy, I was able to see that, Yo, I can look myself in the mirror, and that's more important. Thing about that gave me that can't be stuff stayble scut and on the set of that, I started writing and really trying to express myself because at the end of the day, I was like, Yo, what else I got for my mind?
Speaker 1: And what else I'm doing? This? Mob?
Speaker 4: But take it through the pic because at that time really wasn't no in and there. It wasn't nothing, but you know, just straight up more either team and all that. We didn't have the in of this, so I had to use that thing to keep my worry out there.
Speaker 3: Okay, So so prior to you, uh, prior to you going to prison, did you just start writing when you got locked up? Or was you writing before that? Because you you're real prolific. I appreciate that. I appreciate that now. You know, I grew up in the hip hop culture. Like I said, I grew up with eight music. Man.
Speaker 5: I grew up to the to the East coast, in the West Coast and listening to the hip hop and my lord, excuse me, my older sister, Sharon, she was the first one to turn me on to how to write scripts.
Speaker 1: I'm twelve years old.
Speaker 4: In every sense, I learned that, Like that was a part of my upbringing, like figuring out how to tell stories and then listening to people like like Face and Slick Frick, these individuals who incorporated storytelling into their rob day the Dame, right, And so I learned from bad craft to add on to my craft. And even though I wasn't necessarily a rapper, I still knew how to make worlds dad, because.
Speaker 3: They both the same thing. And if you, like you said, if you listening to m C eight Scarface to Slick Rick, you definitely listening to some of the best storytellers in the game, you know, because that's what the dudes do it, right. You know, they write movies. You know, they pretty much write movies. And so one of the things, you know, we're gonna talk about your role in entertainment, right, because you've done a lot of stuff, and you you got some real popular stuff out there. A lot of people don't know. But I want to go into your sittings.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You know, when you start talking about a lifetime, I can't even fan on that. Somebody telling you you have the rest of your life, you spend the rest of your days in prison, right, I want to talk about your case something. How do we come to this.
Speaker 1: Basically?
Speaker 4: I mean, like I'm saying in the documentary, man is that you know anybody out then, man, I'll urge you to go to YouTube and check out free Dutch to five receives on YouTube. Man, and check out the store. We check out the little documentary. It's only seven minutes of your life. That to me is my whole life in that moment. And basically, you know when I came down south, my mama's family is from down here, and I came down here really the term of the new leads to give my life together right and tried to do the right thing through some part of the things. So I was raised on them and I came down here and I've always dealt with his laying in the mathematics and in ways to uplift our people as a nation. And so we were doing a lot of positive things in the community. But you got to realize the gold Well, there's a town that they that the Klan literally I'm talking about the Cluekhuts plans literally marched.
Speaker 1: As we did to downtown.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the North Carolina Correctional Facility.
Speaker 4: We talked about doctics and lawyers and tastes. I mean, all of these people were ever in the clan. It was an open secret but there was no way to pull it. You know why they marched because they got their hoods on and so this is the type of time.
Speaker 1: That we were dealing with.
Speaker 4: And because we were joint all of these positive days, some of the degger I didn't put in the documentary because you know, it's you know, I deal with the you know, with the course and anything like that. Some of these police were doing some things in the hoods that was real shady, or a few cops in Goldsborough or other investigation. So there was a love the shading is going on with this racism and then seeing us bring our people up and ringing our people up out of the point the stats that they were at. It wasn't happy. They weren't happy about what was going on and showed when so white people got killed and they were able to vote. Yet the individual they found out or thought had did it once that happened, man they used had they say, had to miss.
Speaker 1: Me and this man can Harley Bee.
Speaker 4: But they manipulated him into saying my name and his son's name and the rest ASSISI.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, So they had a man to get this trait to reiterate a man with the mension they talked to him and he had shr life hanging in the balance and he can't even remember his name.
Speaker 1: Exactly. And the end of the that was the person that they used. And I mean, there was no question what was going on.
Speaker 4: There was no question about the railroad, there was no question about what they weren't simpting to do. It was simply no. If there was no one to stop it, there was no remedy for us. Right, there was no one to Highland. There was no hour sharpness of printing me closson one of those for the steps into the case. Because again, like I said, this is prior to the Internet, and so to get had these type of individuals, you had to have links to them. You just couldn't post them online and say hey, what's going on. So I didn't have those type of connections. I didn't have nothing, and so when it was going down, it just went there.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, it wasn't a this wasn't a this wasn't a story that made news or anything like that. So, like you said, without the Internet, without social media, there's no way for it to stretch, for other people to be able to hear this story. So, uh, you you you you feeling like, basically, like you said, there's nobody to represent for there's no out sharp things, and there's no campaigns. There's no jay Z and them with reform and all that type of shit.
Speaker 4: Right, absolutely, I mean I sort of liked the movie, if y'all. If y'all, I'm sure y'all remember the movie of Tom.
Speaker 1: The Q right with that? Yeah, Yeah, definitely I remember that. You see that movie.
Speaker 4: You see the way it was, the way it was tructured, you know, leaking out to people, that's what it was.
Speaker 1: You had to reach out with letters, you right, you keep on in a lot of parts.
Speaker 4: Man, A lot of these people, the so called leaders, it ain't no cameras, they ain't coming, right, If you ain't got a case that's already flooding with cameras and already flooded with publicity, they don't come through. And that's to this day, right, the reason why they so ubiquitous now again because of the Internet. But back then you had to have the actual network. And of course you already know it if you are part of a network, if you're on NBC or yes, and this is the narrative that they're treating your stories are part of that narrative. Back then, the narrative was controlled by the main stream. That narrative was controlled by individuals who wanted to use your story and manipulated.
Speaker 1: So that and to me, I feel in that. I feel in it in the old you know what I mean, because I didn't have none of that connection. Oh wow wow.
Speaker 3: So you know one of the things, Man, the reason why I want have you on the show, Man shout out to the homie Man Akasha Man, because he stayed Man, he stayed pumping you up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: That dude is like, Man, I think he's one of your top supporters.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: He had been telling you about about telling me about shot from the first time we start doing our business, right, and that's my problem, man, Yeah, And he told me, yeah, And the way your name came up, he's another brother that came home and kind of hit the ground running. So he came home, kind of jumped in the movie game. And he said, yeah, my partner, Man kwime mate hooked me up and plugged me up with this. And I said, so a brother that was locked up plugged you into the film industry, learn.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean, you know the thing about it is, Man, I'm ast harm believer in each one teach one. You know, once you get an opportunity, you have a responsibility to open that door for somebody else. And so you know, we what we have me and my wife David name, we have a platform called prison Riot Radio dot com all. And what President Right Radio does is we perform. We provide a platform for the incost reading. They formally in cost reading right because there's a lot of people that have to cost reded that don't have anybody outside and don't have any family, any friends, nobody to pick up the phone right now. You know, when you deal with prison Right Radio, you can go to the phone, call us collect right. We take collect call and we all we ask is you know we think if you got money in your books, please don't think because.
Speaker 1: It's coming from us. We do.
Speaker 4: We're struggling to get this done. But if you ain't got nobody, may call us. We talk about the case. We can talk about Prinson conditions. Some bubbles leave the call right and they got a podcast every week, right, they can just talk about the things that they want to talk about. Because what we want to do is rector bubbles know and he says and tell you matter, your voice matters. And so we created that platform and the costume was one of the brothers who came to that platform, and we just connected from there. And you know, like when we talk about real recognized real not real recognize everything right then, so me and the problem was able to connect on levels that we were able to say, you know what, let's think this to the next level. And so we took Dutch and we created Dutch Men West in what the Dutch Me and West is is the production the self production company that is designed to help bathers and sisters that's in the Midwest.
Speaker 1: Get them get their voice out. And their only.
Speaker 2: Circulation had sixty second want you get on?
Speaker 1: You got to put somebody else on. That's the basis of Dutch minws. That is dope. Man.
Speaker 3: That's incredible man. And they say we got sixty seconds left. I'm pretty sure you go call back in here too. Oh yeah, for sure, I need you to come back through just for a little bit more. Bro a, yeah, come, I appreciate that, Oh for sure. For sure. For those that just tapped in with this man we on there with the homy man, you know what would trip me out about this man, is you got some motherfucker's man that's free, it's out on the streets and can't get shipped done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's difficult when you come home, you know, unless you got some kind of foundation or some kind of support. You know, a lot of the home these a lot of brothers come home and you know, uh, it's a struggle, you know what I'm saying, especially depending on what you're coming home for. You know, Uh, you see a lot of niggas coming home now, you know a lot of rap dudes and you know, getting that type of shit going on. But for a real motherfucker, you know who's a hard who's a nigga who you know has been locked down for a while, or you know, just you know, it's just on the street, in the street ship, you know what I'm saying, doing his thing, making his bread on that type of you. You you have to find some kind of support and some kind of foundation so you don't so you don't turn back and end up back in the ship. You feel me with.
Speaker 3: Without a doubt. So we got kwame t back on man, what I was going into. Man, And that's that's the thing. Man, I just wish you was out here sitting with us, man, because there's so much I want to talk to you about, right, but I want to make sure I get the important message out, you know, and that is about the case. And we gonna have the documentary. Man, It's gonna be a link to the documentary in this interview, So y'all can go watch it, come back and listen to the interview. You know what I'm saying. We here live and direct again with the Homi kwame tag. So I got to jump into this man, real quick. It's like I said, we don't have a whole bunch of time, right, you wind up man writing some of the assisting in some of the biggest shows and television right right. And I'll let you speak on that, man, because I think it's real powerful and I don't want to mess it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So basically, like basically what I was saying in the documentary was the foundation of all of these movies, I mean, all of these TV shows, all of that, the urban book game right to two dollars three, that ship machine.
Speaker 1: Everything really changed, right.
Speaker 4: Everybody started writing with urban lit type of way, right and and and the black authors started to respond to that because when you when you see the character, I mean that the post of the coming out about that time, everything had a little urban, a little urban flavor to it because of us. And then all of a sudden they come the empire. He come in comes powerway income all of the other day. But nobody is singing where it came from. Nobody is saying, you know, any are the people who are established this established in lane right here, urban book writers and Dutch being one of the man.
Speaker 2: From the North Carolina correctional facility.
Speaker 4: So for me, I was able to connect with Manny Hally from the mini films and we were able to put together Dutch one, Dutch two and Dutch Street which is right now on b C and DD plus. And then I went in did the movie Sin with Louis Gotsij, The Lady Unite three Lewis Gotsi listen even other strengts was s so much that he did it for scale and a lot of things. I may not know scale live, but the shack for you sad actors to have to get paid for it, but the scale means you basically took minimum way. So we had this brother come in and then the movie Sind. He plays a blind painter. He loved the role so much he said he'd be willing to go for minimum waves. And I always respect the ot for that man. God's so the beautiful, beautiful brother man. If he got sent off, that's on to me right now with fella Black, Yo, she's just check out fell the Black. And then we got scelling Yours with styles p from the Locks. Then I got Cream with me and him on roll, and then of course the constant, me and Natasha. We got the Twisted Love movie out there, and we also got Queen of the Track, so we got some maids.
Speaker 1: We got some vegnituations out there.
Speaker 4: Man. Like I said, we always looking for talent in front of the camera, behind the camera, because my whole thing is, I know how it feels for somebody to say nothing.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: If we do the writing letter, you get nowas bond, but you need to call the call the phone and they don't get asked. So what we're doing the same. Listen, if you all about your business and you said so, now come rock with us wherever you at, where if you're in Canada, if you ain't Texas, wherever you're at, if you're trying to make movies. If you're trying to make you you're think yo, come through, because what is going through, what it is gonna take the Raisers nation is we're gonna have to all come together.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: We ain't got to change the back the bad gonna changeself. You're changing us since we started with the Brules, right, but we took God. We took straight when we turned it into the gospel music. But we shook our blues and they took it returned into rock and roll. Right. It took God, it took our music and did everything they did with So now it's an opportunity now for us all to come together, raise up as.
Speaker 1: One and start building like that because we we want this.
Speaker 4: Well, really, when you really think about it, Old Old Colture is based off of hip hop.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: You see all of the close, the way people wear clothed, the way people talk now, the way people move, all of this, see all of that's us. And so we come back and take our poper package over its shows the two go. We show the are the original people, so that this is our gold. This is our vision man, and it's not I'm trying to get at oh man.
Speaker 3: Incredible, incredible, you know One of the things, man, I was just talking to eight about, you know when you was calling back, was this is you have people who have their freedom right, I'm talking about free and they could do whatever they want to, but they always got excuses it can't get nothing done. You definitely, man, You definitely a testament to where if there's a wheel, there's a way.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely. I mean one thing on one thing I said about freedom. Man, A lot of times people around the world don't realize that they're free, right, And that might sound.
Speaker 1: Crazy to you because this thing about six fix.
Speaker 4: Don't know it's in water, it's triming around the water on this Vegas chilling is laid back like this is what's up?
Speaker 1: Right, until they see that little clean and they roll up on that glean like, what the fuck is what's fish? Oh shit? This a worm flowing around? When you get that oh they got when they pulled out that water. Now this sone is real, It's like, yo, what the fuck? Where my man? Right? They don't know what that is. But when they fight, when they keep fighting, when they keep moving, they.
Speaker 4: Keep moving against that there, that hook, they keep moving against them hard, and they fight and get off of that now they know what freedom is. Now they know that there's another that they don't want no part of. Like, I don't know what the fuck that was, But from now on, I am not thinking. I ain't thinking no more free food. Right, So and then jump fish don't never get that though, right dump fish, they end up on your plate.
Speaker 1: They never get a second. Said.
Speaker 4: So I say that to say that a lot of people don't know they beat free until that freedom gets taken. And then once that freedom gets taken, then it becomes oh, now I see what's going on. And so as individuals have been incarcerated, a lot of people will know the shielding to get that taking and get it out.
Speaker 1: They know exactly what they value, they know what they got, and they doing all they can to just all with it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm I'm knowing understand why. Yeah, And like I said, knowing, I'm the original man, I know that I have a duty and a responsibility no matter where I'm at. We gotta raise these things. The daies are the greatest. Like we over to these days, man and get them everything that they possibly can.
Speaker 1: So they gotta they gotta do it. We had to do it, you know what I mean? And so that's why, that's.
Speaker 4: Why for me, the freedom for me is all about the duty of showing the fool and who I am, and showing the fool.
Speaker 3: And who we are without a doubt.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You know, I wish I could hook you up with the homie shield Man. How much longer do shield got? Eight Chill probably be home and hopefully by the end of the year. Hopefully by the end of the year, Man, I wish I could hook you up with the homy shield Man. I might still try to make that happen if it's a way to connect y'all. I think, like you said, he just got a few more months, man, But that would have been something good for him to link up with you man, you know, because you got a lot of good stuff going on.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: And if there's any way man, like I said, I can't, I'm pretty sure I speak for eight too.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Any way we can help you, man and contribute to what you got going on, Man, we with it, you know, don yo.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that many. I definitely appreciate that. And like I said, coming from y'all brothers, man, still you ain't show me now but love since you you and I was introduced and like I said, eight eight and as on his shelf, right, I mean I'm still thinking about music the crib by right, I mean, like yo, So just just having his opportunity to be in the Brother's.
Speaker 2: Friends from the North Carolina Correctional Facility.
Speaker 4: Is a blessing in the honor, you know what I mean. Like but like I said, man, my whole point is what we got. Man, we created this. Man, he created this. And it's no reason, it's no reason why everybody in this game, everybody that's together collected that we can have our own thing about to be right now the way too me we po show me up the same way back in the thing. Remember when we had flops, the flots TeV before before us, the ain't had.
Speaker 1: Nothing, Karate move.
Speaker 4: Then all of a sudden you had Living Color, you had boy, you had a living single. And now all of a sudden they making a whole lot of money. They assuming we got twenty forty. Turning back on the black community, same thing with Tube. We flow these people out the border, they get a bigging on the fail taim out. Next thing you know, they're not even cutting the rates off of everybody. So it's time for us to know and understand. Man, we got to treat our own platform like yard like the one you got right now, this where this is our home. This is where we need to be bringing our move This is where we need to be bringing our movie right, this is where we need to be bringing all of our creative function man, because we need to have our own.
Speaker 3: Well, it was the main that and that was the main like reason I started thirty one forty TV because I saw all the stuff that's coming out with the CPMs getting till I saw all this happening four years ago, right, and I said, Man, you know what, I'm gonna start a platform. Man, I'm gonna build a platform for us Man that you're not gonna have to jump through the hoops because I saw right. You know when you initially went to to BE, it was easy to get on to BE at first, right, But now you know, unless you're one of these people. Man, you looking at man, maybe a three to six month wait time used to get your fem on there. Man, you're looking at the CPM. You're looking at probably possibly not even making your investment back because they don't cut the rates so low. And that's all right, And that's all on black films, man, it's all on black films. I'm talking about You got films man, that are doing bigger numbers than they did on they on they you know, on their first joints, right, but they making less ninety So I said, you know what, man, I'm look clear the platform because we blew that up. Like you said, Man, it was us sharing two be on social media, man and putting all this stuff out there and driving people through the platform, right because TB was the who place a lot of us could get movies, you know. And the good thing about it, you saw a bunch of black millionaires created.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: But I would be.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be wrong if I said that them days is probably over with, you know, as far as getting money like that, you know, it'll never be like it was. And they already kind of took music from us, you know what I mean, Like anything man, that we've used as a people man to kind of get up out of our situation. They try to find a way to mitigate it, you know, they try to find a way to put a stop to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for real. You know that's why it's the lout you your hate flawing.
Speaker 4: Man's right, it's my it's grawny man, so real like this is where we all be, Like I'm looking forward to bringing to Day's street with how to shout with doubt because I'm not gonna want to be a part of what you're doing, man, because this is needed, this is what needed. We gotta find a way to bring how old throughout to your point blank and that's gonna take a committee.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: But what y'all throwing y'all starting that soundation. They gotta start somewhere and it's signing right here, man. So I really, like I said, I'll just think that I think this is a powerful statement. Man.
Speaker 1: That's you're making my family in the town. You already know capital party well for sure, for sure, man, I appreciate that we all we always I've always told still that you know, we need to get back to connecting with with with with with real peoples you feel me and and not just a lot of these motherfuckers like you said, just get stuck. Like you said, niggas. Niggas think they free, but they ain't free. And we need to be able to provide a platform for homies like yourself, homies like my nigga to chia like my nigga chill. Just just niggas who are trying to establish brothers who trying to establish themselves and do something outside of you know, being incarcerated, but still have a positive message to bring to the to the youngsters. So you know, I'm glad we was able to do this today because it's very important for people to be able to hear brothers behind the wall and stuff can situations, but uh, people need to know that it's a lot of talent man out there, and it's a lot of brothers with real stories to tell you.
Speaker 3: It's real Manlo you know, you know one more thing, man, where can the people touch you at? Man? Where can the people because there's a lot of people listening to this podcast, bro, where can the people get at you at?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: How can they reach out to you?
Speaker 4: Maybe the main way is going to Printon Riot Radio dot com. That's what my wife David Nay that's how that's how platform you can reach out to me through that. You can also reach out to me directly by righting the kwame t k w A m E. Last name t E A g u E. My opens number prison number is zero four and zero one eight. Nine seven and the t O boxon six hundred six zero zero, Nashtielle, North Carolina seven seven five six. That's Nashville, North Carolina to seven eighty five six. But you can go through prison Right Radio or you can go to you can go to it. You can also give them me to prison Right Radio at email right so after you have the email or you will be right. But I definitely may I urge y'all man, please go out there and watch my movies. Break on the movie, send crane to see yours you Queen of the Trap, madam, and remember I asked you to go out and check that out, and definitely check out on YouTube, take the documentary and share that I'm trying to get at King Kardashian. Man, I'm trying to give my faith to twenty King Gartas because you have She's doing a lot of things to get people out.
Speaker 1: Man. So I definitely needed much off as I a fivetykad.
Speaker 4: But again I want to say, y'all appreciate you steal off free sate you gate yo, save these babies.
Speaker 1: The babies are the greatest man.
Speaker 4: Please the educate a law suiting everywhere pay man page look heard it right.
Speaker 3: There, kwan me t You know the one thing about it eight right. What I always say is this man, and I think us as black people, man, we got a lot of talent, right, But when I tell you, man, I think we some of the laziest motherfuckers in the world. Sometimes some of us, man, and we always looking for a handout. You know how many times I see like young brothers that rap, for example, they blaming you and snooping all of y'all for them not being able to get on right When wasn't nobody there to throw y'all no rope When we did what we did, wasn't nobody there to throw us no rope. We kind of just had to go out and do it. You feel what I'm saying. Definitely, I know I didn't look for nobody.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't. I didn't. I didn't have a I don't want to say like I had niggas who were in the business, because you know, rap was fresh. You know, rap was probably about what ten years fresh when we failed.
Speaker 3: But you were looking for Tuddy t to come and get Hey, I'm gonna take you to the studio.
Speaker 1: I wasn't okay, exactly, I wasn't looking for NWA to put us on because I them niggas don't know me from a I mean they know me because Brin used to be across the street from Chill Spot. And I look at it like this, if your a natural talent and a motherfucker discover you, they discover you, right, h. But I didn't expect for it to happen, right. I didn't expect for Easy to give me a deal. I didn't expect for ice Q to give me a deal.
Speaker 3: Right, So you knew all these cats, these cats was all in your week.
Speaker 1: Chat norm right. You know, like I said, our men, Chill was in Chill was in two of Easy's videos. I was in we Won't Easy video, and they knew we was rapping. Easy knew we was trying to form a little group. We was calling ourselves Confdence, most wanted and whatever. But I didn't look to get put on. I looked at it like nigga we in the studio. If that's it, you get me, that's what fuck it? Were making demo tapes. I was looking to get cooked up with a record company. You get me, was his dude or what? I ain't look for No nigga to walk me in the door. I had slip. We had slip doing beats. You know, Unknown was doing whatever. He was the mouthpiece and the business nigga. And we got on like that. We made demo tapes and and here you go, fuck it. And then the beginning when in the beginning, just like now niggas can put their own shit out or whatever whatever. That's what Unknown did you give me? Had I've been you know, I was a young nigga sixteen years old, you know, fifteen sixteen, you know, had I, you know, and these niggas had they little labels, you know whatever. So that's how we got on. We went through Unknown and got on tech No Hop, and we went through Linzo and got on crew Cutting on the Compton compilation. And that's how we got on.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: We didn't just you know, Easy was big time and all these niggas. I don't know if we looked for, say, oh, nigga, put me, you know, like and I didn't get mad about it, right, We didn't get get mad because sh ty T was from the hood. But we didn't go, hey, Todd, you're supposed to put us on. You get me. And then we wasn't you know as disrespectful by thinking, old nigga, your time is up. It's time to pass the mic and put us.
Speaker 3: Say you know what, man, you were supposed to go smash on tidy t and easy and say, niggas y'all getting them a way, y'all supposed to let me in the door.
Speaker 1: Now, y'all the way I've always been. I've always been a nigga who felt like, you know, you gotta get it in. You gotta get it in.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Now, some niggas get discovered you get me, and they get put on and they get the glass slipper and and all that shit and whatever. Some niggas got to grind for it. And that's what we did. You get me. We went the back door route. We had to grind you get me. We didn't expect the nigga within the STAB career to walk us through the door. And then when we were establishing our careers, we didn't hate on the niggas who was cracking.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 1: I didn't hate on King t or Ice Teeth or motherfucking Nwa and nobody. I felt like, nigga, we gotta get it in and we're gonna put our shit down and that's how we're gonna climb the ladder. So, you know, but you know, some some you know nowadays it's about you know, some dudes. I'm not gonna say all, but some dudes feel, you know that they should be walked in and the torture should be passed, and some niggas should be you know, some niggas should stop rapping and move over and letting write for me or do my beats, and you need to try to get me a deal, you know.
Speaker 3: Man, Hey, that's why I don't even let niggas know I make beats. Well, you don't even let it. I don't make beats. I don't make beets. Hey, I don't know if you notice, you can see I don't let my ship grow in, right, yeah, I see that. You know, you know you don't went on vacation. Nigga didn't even let your ship just you let your man. I'm looking, oh, g come in. You know what, bro, Because my wife looked at me one day and said, well, I like that you look so sexy like that. I said yeah, and I said, let me get this old like I don't have more page.
Speaker 1: Before, ain't nothing wrong with maturity.
Speaker 3: You know, ain't nothing wrong man.
Speaker 1: And if you feel, if you feel young at heart and you're energetic, and you add in the gym and you got you know, stamina and you're able to keep up, you know, then ship, you ain't old motherfucker.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm in the space my life now. I don't know if you could tell I don't got slim and trim on them, dog. You know I got I got my stuff back, man, and my stamina is upright. And I said, you know what, man, I'm gonna stop dying my shit because it's almost it's disrespectful to God by me doing that. Like what am I trying to cover up? It's like this is wisdom, bro.
Speaker 1: I mean you you're only doing that if you are trying to catch you some young thing or something. If you don't you happily married for thirty five years, so you you ain't got nothing to worry about maturious maturity. And you know we should we should embrace that. You know. So some people scared of getting of age and and you know, but again, if you got confident people around you, and you confident yourself, and people love and believe in you, just like you do them. They not worried about your age. You know we all, like I said, a motherfucker that's one today. Don't be sixty one day. You understand, Yeah, for sure, if he keep on living, there's there's there's nothing you can do about aging, but keeping up your health. That's why. Shit, nigga, I'm in the gym almost every day, uh me and you both. So it's just about it's how you treating yourself. A lot of homies done passed away because unfortunately, like I tell niggas, we was living hard in our young days. You're getting especially coming up as a as a young teenager and hanging in the hood, and and and and and becoming an m C. And you got late nights in the alley ways on the block, and you drinking that you drinking the you're drinking the cheapest ship you can afford, especially when you hustling. You know what I'm saying, Niggas drinking Christian Brothers and seagums, gin and the old English eight hundreds and ship, smoking stress weed and eating eating fried chicken and burgers and all kinds of shit. And you continue that ship for a long time. You get me one thing niggas don't think about when they only come up and when you in that age bracket of feeling invincible, last thing you think about is going to the doctor and checking health. Shit you get me and how the niggas fall victim to It's too late to make that term, you know, My nigga, My nigga rich, rest in peace. My nigga's the same age of us as us. You'd have thought this nigga would have lived forever, you know. Like I said, my nigga was still in the streets. My nigga was every day and he you know, and he lived in Vegas, So my nigga was every day.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: And this is a nigga that I've known for a long time, and we would come when I say, we congresated every day like motherfucking two gossiping bitches or two gossiping females.
Speaker 3: And your old niggas was on it. That was your homie man, that was your friend, that was your brother.
Speaker 1: Talked to this nigga every month. He would call me morning afternoon because that was his schedule. And it was always a story because like I said, my nigga was still on the block. He was still hustling, and he was out there so being in that that that you know, that party town, and just man, nigga. Four o'clock in the morning, niggah, nigga, I just came from Woot whooping Woot to whooping. Then ten o'clock in the in the in the morning, twelve in the afternoon, nigga just stories all day. But the main thing I would do is be like, nigga, what you eat today? Nigga, you drink some water today, nigga used to or just nigga, you can't do that, you can't do that. Then I used to tell a nigga, then you used to find you need to find you a woman. You know, he was chasing, he was, he was out there. You know, you find you a woman. Nigga, Slow the fuck down, somebody cook you some home cooked meals and you know, get your ass to go, take you a check up and all that shit, and yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he was yeah, nigga to death. And then I would tell a nigga. But you know something, when you a nigga who lived your life how you want to live it, you gonna do what the fuck you wanna do. It was hard to get a nigga to change his path, because at the end of the day, I don't give a fuck what advice you telling nigga, Steve. And you know, damn well, it's the best advice you can hear. At the end of the day. My nigga was gonna do what the fuck he wanted to do.
Speaker 3: What he want to do. Man, It's like my nigga, Big Bruce wrist in peace. You you remember Big Bruce some Compton. My nigga ate himself to death. Dog, and it wasn't nothing to us. Gonna tell him, Man, you can talk with him all day. Man, a nigga could offer Bruce some billion dollars. Dog, My nigga was gonna go out and eat. He was gonna drink all of Hennessy. He was gonna drink all the bruise. He was gonna go out and nigga joy life.
Speaker 1: You know exactly. That's rich. He gonna go out enjoyed life. He like fucked that because there was nowhere in his in his in his consciousness of thinking, one of these weeks, I'm gonna wake up and I'm gonna fall the fuck out, and that's gonna be it. He eating. There's no inklinique, none that he even thought like that. So I know that they he passed. He woke up just thinking it was gonna be a normal motherfucking day. And just like I was telling Shield the other day, because we've known a lot of niggas who have passed, and niggas in our age group, right, niggas like fifty and sixties is passing, right, and you get to wondering, like, damn, what the fuck happened? I didn't have like rich my nigga, my t just pat nigga, my nigga. Willy Z just passed, ain't they crazy? Man?
Speaker 3: Willias he passed away. Yeah, for those that don't know who willy Z was, willy Z is probably one of the coldest piano players in the game. Oh my god, He's to lay you with some shit, didn't he?
Speaker 4: Eight man?
Speaker 1: I seen it on slips page, just like last week, and I said, you fucking kidding me. But again, outside, we know a lot of niggas and you get to thinking like I wonder what that, right, Like I wonder what my nigga, you know, died from. And most of the time it's some some it's something some internal ship that a nigga probably wasn't thinking about until it's too late. And it's because that day come and nigga, another one of my niggas, my nigga I used to go to Japan with Rest in Peace. My nigga teed up from Folks from the group.
Speaker 3: Folks mean you was both at the funeral together. We wanted the funeral together and come.
Speaker 1: On, man, it's like like and like you said, and my nigga teamed up. He was he he had a little complications, you know, because you know when we went to Japan, you know, he put me up on game. So every time I would talk to Tup, I would ask him, you know, how he was doing and what. But you the shit just hit you. It just you think you you think you'd be straight, and that shit just hits you out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: Well, if you saw it's sudden. If you saw the guy Chris Johnson, Chris Johnson one of the coldest running backs. I a would say Chris Johnson is at least a top ten NFL running back of all time right and for him, the man acquire als man at thirty one years old, man stealing the prime of his health. Bro and can't even hold his daughter. Now, Bro, how fucked up is that?
Speaker 1: Like I said, it's unfortunately, man, shit, but like shit happens.
Speaker 3: You know what, man, I'm gonna tell you, And this is what I've been on lately.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 3: If you notice eight I've been smashing. I'm gonna tell the fans now, Man, I owe y'all in the policy because we haven't been on our ship like we should be, like how we normally is. But I tell y'all were gonna make it up to y'all. Eight Gotta Podcast coming, man, y'all get ready. Man, it's gonna be on thirty one forty TV.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: That way, my nigga gona be able to do what he wants to want here, gonna be able to smoke his herbs and talk all this ship and make some money right stash Spot Radio coming Definitely.
Speaker 1: We're trying to be the real ship about and this today. You gotta you gotta you gotta do a gang of ship. You feel me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to and we go. You know that don't mean we go make gainst the Chronicle suffer. This ship is about to get even bigger and better. If anything, we probably gon go back to more of the ship we're supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Doing to all the fans. This is the foundation. And if he's been around since against the chronicles, you know, begin you know it is probably took a few turns and ship. But we're just trying to be more.
Speaker 3: You know, more to the streets, more to this, more less holly Wood and more to the streets.
Speaker 1: Period. You get me a lot of podcasts and shows deal with you know, everything is celebritied out and fame doubt and you know, and we're just trying to connect with real people who want to hear some real shit, you know outside of you know, we still we still have opinions and talk about music and records and releases and you know, throw a little little politics in there every now and then. But you know what we what we did today was what we trum want to get back to. We want to get back to connecting with real motherfuckers and just hearing stories of triumph in bad situations. And that could be niggas. That could be a nigga who's a motherfucking fucking trash man. He might have a story to tell from where he came from and started to the niggas behind the wall. You know, like like I said today, there's a lot of there's a lot of brothers with stories to tell about their walks of life and have learned to turn shit from a negative situation that he's in into something positive by doing the work and getting shit done and films and books and shit like that. You know, you gotta let your mind trifle when you locked up, and you have to be able to be able to connect with motherfucking shit that can keep you out of shit when you locked up.
Speaker 3: You give me hell yeah, And I want to, man, give another shout out.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You know, Ada, I've been really tapping in with my un but my niggas from the Midwest, right, you know, my Chicago niggas. You know that's like more of Mark that's my home, you know what I mean, the Midwest, right right, So I've been tapping in. Man, we shut out of the homy Kasasi Man, the homie Steve O Man and the homie OG mister rick Man from Chicago, right. You know, he's one of the ones from out there. Man, shout out to the homie O mister rick Man from the OZ Coaching Report. Man, that's my guy right there. He'd be doing this thing. Man. You know, mister Rick is somebody up there, man. And one of the things that he said, now, I got this from him, right. We was talking about one day, me and him and the other Homy Casas was on the phone and we was talking about these young boys like to call niggas oz.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Remember I used to call a nigga mister a third back in the day.
Speaker 1: Every day.
Speaker 3: Ox Yo, what up OZ? My homeboy? Mister Rick came up with the coldest shit ever, he said, OZ mean original God. Okay, I like that shit right there. I said, you need to make a T shirt.
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of dudes, I know, a lot of dudes, oh you know out here on the West associate OG with you know somebody they feel his skin has probably been around the block and it's much older now, mature now, but probably you know, was was from the streets or whatever whatever. Because I get that a lot from dudes that's younger than me that will see me, and if they don't recognize me as eight, they still like all that. You know, that nigga fit that mold. You get me, he fit that mold, and so they go, oh you got it, O G how you doing o g woo woo. And then there's dudes who think, you know, who don't offense. They might call you uck. You get me, but I don't get.
Speaker 3: I love it, though, Mann. You know what's crazy? Man? You know my oldest son, Stephan is pretty too not righting his birthday, christopherings Asmen was clown and Steph fanbox. You unk now you don't? Yeah, you know, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're thirty five. If you're thirty to forty, nigga, you UK get.
Speaker 3: The So I guess I guess after fifty U og was it u?
Speaker 1: If you fit that mold?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: So I don't know if you're at fifty and they and they don't look at you as that, you know, because niggas will look at you still and go y'all, yeah, what's up? Og?
Speaker 3: And I ain't mad at it, because you know what, I'm in hell of shape now, bro. I'm probably the big shape I don't been in. I'm probably in the best shape now, bro. Do I've been in probably since I was like twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go last. I think we've learned to you know how they say the twenties the thirties is the forties or the forties, is the new thirties or whatever. I think people have taken that to heart a little bit. And so you see, you didn't see fucking puch pus. You didn't see me maybe thirty years ago, y'all you when you you didn't see too many people doing the workout, ship conditioning and doing all that. All you really saw was the body building is like swallen when.
Speaker 3: You know what. Yeah, because I was in there with the young homies over at the gym, and you know what, I'm sitting back there waiting to give them a bitch because I'm back to beich and again asking bition again, you know, and they was like this. You know, I'm waiting them to get done so I get money in. There's some young brothers in there. They're like, oh gee, you want to jump in. I'm like, and they get to put up there pressing with him, and I'm like, y'all want to go?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: They get the three fifteen and they kind of stopped there. I'm like, we ain't pushing this shit no more.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's go.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: We put that three twenty five on there, and I got the on the ass, you know what I mean. And it was like it was like, damn, so I'm feeling my ship. I got my ship. My superpower is back, man, I said, it's ship. I got my super power. I never ate. I ain't gonna lie know bitching like that again.
Speaker 1: Bro, Yeah, yeah, I bet I do a little bit and just try you just try that ship. I think, like I said, we've learned that. You know, you gotta help your health too. So for sure you know some cardios, some some lifting the little weights, you know, doing your legs, doing whatever you can to help you.
Speaker 3: It's not And this is what I would tell y'all, y'all start off, were y'all good as you ain't got to go out there, and because you know one thing, you can't go out there and get hurt. Now, if you were O g you gotta you gotta crawl before you walk. I just didn't jump back into doing that weight pile. For the longest I stayed in the machine, I didn't. I didn't jump back into the weight pile, bro until I felt right and I said, okay, I'm ready. No, you know what I mean, right, I stayed in the little knowledge at first because I said, man, because you go out there and hurt yourself lifting all that weight.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you can hurt yourself. You get sick over exactly. Oh you know yourself. Hell yeah, all that ship. So you gotta watch yourself if especially if you're starting off in the gym and ain't been in there in a while. But you you know, But that's a concern that niggas should have. You know, whether you're young, you're in the neighborhood on the block every day, you feeling superman and healthy as fuck, and you're eating whatever you want to eat, and you're drinking and whatever. You just gotta remember all that shit piles up at the at you know, once you get a little older and you get out hitting shit that will cause you to drop dead or have a heart attack or stroke or whatever.
Speaker 3: No, man, you better go get them physical. I'm gonna tell you the biggest thing.
Speaker 1: Man, there's a lot of shit that niggas don't A lot of shit niggas don't, Yes, I said, the young. When you're young, you don't worry about that shit too much unless you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna get your prostate checked out. Man, start drinking your water, man, don't wait till it's too late. Like the thing about going to the doctor is a lot of young motherfuckers don't like going to the doctor broke because they feel like it's a waste of time. But go kick some shit when it's in early stages. Most of this shit is beat the boy. It be because mother was wait the last minute until the mother fucking the shit don't spread, and now they can't help you no more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you you drink a fifths. You're drinking fifths at Hennessy or whatever your favorite drink is, and you're getting loaded, but you feeling like I said, you drink today, you fuck get fucked up, loaded earl and vomit and get all that shit and you wake up three days later you're doing it again. So I said that sh that shit to catch up to you, Bill, Yeah, man, whatever you like, it's simple to drop dead. You give me over some ship that you don't know about.
Speaker 3: Oh man, it's real, it's real easy, man, I really wish.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get the homeboy mister Rick on here man probably next week. Man, mister Rick Surper's attack all the time. Have you ever met them Chicago niggas? You ever met a nigga from Chicago to gets wear a suit all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh, niggas be clear, some niggas used to be clean like that. They don't where this.
Speaker 3: My nigga, Mister Rick. I ain't seen mister Rick and no tennis shoes or nothing. He always like I didn't talk about the same toody. I'm talking about clean real, mom, you like him off. Biggas used to be like, it's as clean as fuck, dress shoes on. And that's how you man, Mister Ricks really be out there getting it in mister Rick B.
Speaker 1: Sharper's attack ship before we get out of here. What you're listening to? Man?
Speaker 3: Shit right about now, I'm really waiting for your ship to come out. Dog, I'm gonna tell you who I'm really been fucking with though, Dog, And I don't know what this nigga been doing, but Project Pat really don't turn into a lyrical nigga.
Speaker 1: Dog, Project Pat always been the shit. Have you listened to any of the new records? You listen to the Drake record, the YG record, corrupt record all.
Speaker 3: I like the corrupting battle cat shit, Dog, I'm fucking with the corrupting battle cap ship shout out to the home. He's corrupted Battle Catch. They got some clean shit, right, I fuck with them. He's a lot of dog, you know, and I'm always keep shit funky. Right. A lot of people were saying that Drake was done after the end of Ship Man. Drake still is doing this thing though. He's still one of the biggest artists in the world. And he make good music. He makes his music, he does his thing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: They dude is the major artist. I fuck with the new record, you know what I'm saying. I think the new record is cool. I think the new record is dope. The ship why she is doing? I think White She is cool. I think White She's. The thing I like about him is he's starting to actually talk about shit now, Like he talked about the whole ship with him and Drake. Oh like how niggas was accusing him of murdering that man he spoke on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, someone saying that he probably should have left that off the album. I'm given the record and listen, you know, you.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: My honest opinion is I liked this first album better than this one.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm gonna tell you, bro, he suffers from that thing. Hey, you gotta remember this. While your first album was Hillo Dope, it wasn't your greatest album ever. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm much. I think my reason for that is because I was THEE I was still studying. You know, I was that I was able to talk about neighborhood shit, but I was I really you know, I prided myself on just being able to rap because you know, when I got started, uh and I got introduced to hip hop, there were no mwa's, you feel me? So I had to be open to basically everything right, which I prided myself on, wanting to be MC right being MC even though I spoke on neighborshood shit as I got older, But as a young kid eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, I listened to everything, and in that era it was fucking It was Grand Master Flash on top of Beastie Boys, on top of Treacherous Three, And then I would listen to mcshy D, and I would listen to motherfucking a schooly D, But then I would listen to Curtis Blow and the Fat Boys.
Speaker 3: Well what you just said, bro, We had kind of an advantage because, hey, me and you can remember when it really wasn't no hip hop. Yeah yeah, I remember when the radio Yeah you know you had because I used to listen to. I used to fuck with a lot of craft work. Remember craft work. I remember toward the France because of the Braak to France and Trans trans Europe Express and all that shit that was the all that was the ship. And I think it made us because we was. It made us more musically well rounded. I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know, you know, because I think it opened and like I said, it made me respect hip hop in the form of you really gotta be a true MC get me because avers was all over and you could listen to all flavors. It wasn't like I just grew up in the era of uh of reality music, so to speak.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, I'm gonna tell you this because this is one thing I do know. Any great artist, especially coming from the era that me and you come from, it was always the producer and the rapper.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: You didn't have fifty producers on your album. You had one producer that was your DJ, right, It was your DJ, right, he put together your beats and stuff. And I think that made shit kind of dope. It was more cohesive sounding. I think why She's first album, man, his first album that My Crazy Life. I think you got Mustard kind of at his peak kind of to me on that, he was a young nigga dog. He was hungry and he was coming with that new sound you feel what I'm saying, and it was kind of like go ahead. It was almost like the Bay Area shit meet La to me, you feel what I'm saying, And why she really sounded like he sounded like a Compton nigga. It was that confidence shit, you know what I mean. He was popping this shit right. And I think that first album was so fucking great that motherfuckers is still looking for that from him when he come out with some new shit, right, And I think where he kind of like where because he know he only had a good career. But where it kind of went left to me was when he stopped fucking with Mustard. For whatever happened on the next albums or whatever. He should have kept that formula going for at least two or three more albums. To me, probably just kept it going. And I think what happened when niggas is this, And again I don't know that man's business. I don't even I don't think I even met Yse. I know, we got a whole bunch of mutual you know, I got a bunch of homies, some free top and stuff. But I think what happens I was man cast start thinking, is just them? Oh it's like it would be. You know, just imagine if you would have stopped fucking with slipping.
Speaker 1: True to early.
Speaker 4: I.
Speaker 1: You know, I know, you get into the era of if you know, you go through a couple of records, you know, you start getting a bigger piece of the budget and you want to start controlling you know, whatever. Wise, but I always felt like, you know, you're gonna need to go back to the formula, especially if you stray a little bit. And a lot of us do that, you know. I was a dude, you know, felt like, Okay, into my second third album, you know, I want to I want to I want to pick some different flavor. I went to niggas like black Jack, I went to Mugs, I went to dazz you know. Uh, I went to a couple of different characters, you know, to help me with with production on the record. And it was some good work, but it wasn't no It wasn't no week come strapped, It wasn't no music to drive by.
Speaker 3: And you know what, and ain't nothing wrong with you venturing up. But you see what you're saying. It wasn't you when you go to that, when you go to week come strapping music to drive by. To me, that's quintessential MC eight right there. Confidence most going it right. It's like when you hear that right there, it's like, Okay, this is the mothership. Shit. You know what I'm saying. This is the ship right here? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Definitely this is the ship. Man.
Speaker 3: But shit, hey, you know what man, were talking about? All this shit on here? Man, damn like me and you said earlier, Man, we don't know what tomorrow go hold man. So I'm gonna tell you now, why guys you won't hear Man. I appreciate you, my nigga.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 3: You're my brother. We don't got us a brotherhood built up. I would say, you know, you one of the people I talk to every day in my life. Man, you my nigga. I love y'all. Fuck with your dog.
Speaker 1: Shit, that's what it got you. You, Like I said, you meet certain people and you come across certain people that you know is genuine. So when you fuck with people that's genuine. Business gonna always be good. Friendships and family gonna all be good, and it produces less stress, feel and it's natural.
Speaker 3: It ain't no like like me and you ain't come through no fake ship that the world we It was a gradual build up. Niggas become friends, you know what I mean. We start off on some business shit knowing each other, and it builds into a real friendship, right. And that's just making when you got that, dog, the business can't help but be good because it's respect. You feel what I'm saying, Because usually business ain't good, bro, there's some disrespect going on. It's usually if a nigga don't respect you, dog, they just go do whatever.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: But man, you know, I will say, this is fourth of your live. Man, y'all be safe out here. You know, it's the time where niggas be getting shot.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all watch them five us out there, stand y'all with them fireworks. Uh you know, so y'all be safe, be careful out there. You can't fuck yourself up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: And they pretty and and and some of them are dangerous.
Speaker 3: You give me and if you nigga, if you a nigga that live in the X life, when you up at the bombs, don't be out of bounds. Is just the way your ass can get popped and the motherfucker get away with that.
Speaker 1: Chiggens says, Okay, yeah, they gonna be yea yo. I mean, I know, I know nigga's gonna be shooting. There's a lot of a lot of those fireworks, the actual gun shots going off, So watch yourselves if you're standing outside. You know, bullets travel far. When they shot up in the air, you don't know where they come down at. So yeah, just be careful and watch yourself. Wise they might ask the house. And before I don't watching firework shit on TV. I'm be in my house. Yeah, I'm I watch a fireworks show. You know, from from the house, you can see it. They do it at the part and.
Speaker 3: I go on my backyard and see all that ship.
Speaker 1: I go back there exactly. But you gotta be careful, like I said, because you know, you don't know who's shooting in the area. So y'all be safe out there this weekend.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, we on that note we out of here.
Speaker 1: Pe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, that concludes another episode of the Gainst the Chronicles podcast. Be sure to download the iHeart app and subscribe to The Gangst Chronicles podcast. For Apple users, find a purpose mica on the front of your screen, subscribe to the show, leave a comment and rating. Executive producers for The Gangst Chronicles podcasts of Norman Steel Aaron m c a Tyler. Our visual media director is Brian Wyatt, and our audio editors Tellor Hayes. The Gainst Chronicles is a production of iHeartMedia Network and the Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app Apple Podcasts wherever you're listening to your podcasts