Speaker 1: Elvie Duran in the Morning show.
Speaker 2: Here's one of our world famous phone pranks, Elvis Duran phone tap.
Speaker 3: Little letter came in, says dreck Elvis. My grandfather has a tendency to be short with people if his feathers are ruffled.
Speaker 1: Most grandfathers are.
Speaker 3: He recently bought a computer from a popular area electronics store and was told he had six months to pay it off. What a great idea. Please phone tap him and accuse him of being delinquent with his payments. Take away the interest you credited him for, and he'll get really mad from his granddaughter Melissa. What is better than playing a phone tap on granddad?
Speaker 1: Scary? Are you gonna do the honors? Sure? Here we go. Hello, Hi, man speak with Frederick please.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're speaking to him.
Speaker 4: This is Manny Petty over at the account's receivable department.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just has everything today.
Speaker 2: Sir, Pretty good.
Speaker 4: You just made the last of six payments on that computer you bought from us.
Speaker 2: About a month and a half half ago. I guess you're a little late with the follow up, right.
Speaker 4: It took you eight months when our policy was six, and I see we've credited you the interest.
Speaker 2: You didn't credit me when I bought it. They told me I had four years to pay it out. I don't pay interest.
Speaker 1: Did you read the fine print?
Speaker 2: Sir? Let me finish my story.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh wow, you're getting a little route here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, because you're telling me that you miscredited me and you're talking about my money. When I spoke to the gentleman, he says, well, you don't have to pay interest if you pay it off in six months, right, And that's what I did. I paid it off in five and a half months.
Speaker 1: Well, we just got your payment last week.
Speaker 2: You didn't just get my payment last week?
Speaker 1: Well that's when it was posted.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not my problem. You want me to pull out my money or I sent that payment to you a month and a half ago a US money order. Oh yeah yeah?
Speaker 1: Why did it just come across my desk last week?
Speaker 2: Now? What happens in your office? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to think why I have a delinquid payment here, sir, I listen.
Speaker 2: If you look at my records, from the refrigerator I bought, to the TV to the computer, I was always two weeks early with my payment, right. I don't have no delink with payments, and I wouldn't even want to be accused of that.
Speaker 4: We get dead beat customers like you all the time, sir.
Speaker 2: You get dead beat customers like me all the time. Absolutely, let me speak to somebody that's bigger than you.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm the biggest man in the office at two hundred and forty eight pounds, sir.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about your way. I couldn't care how big you are. I'm talking about somebody that I can speak to. You're telling me I'm a dead beat, Yes you.
Speaker 1: Are, sir.
Speaker 2: Person Oh and yeah, you're a piece Okay.
Speaker 1: Sir, Okay, hold on a second.
Speaker 4: You still with us, Melissa, Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: I'm per time scary. What are you doing to him?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is Manny Petty again. How you doing, sir?
Speaker 2: I've been better.
Speaker 1: Are we going to get through this?
Speaker 4: Or do I have to take away your one hundred dollars rebate as well?
Speaker 1: What do you mean this will be a.
Speaker 4: Rerebate a rerebate, Yes, we're recalling the rebate.
Speaker 2: I just want to say something, Well.
Speaker 1: What's the matter.
Speaker 2: There ain't nothing the matter.
Speaker 1: You have a lot of problems.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of problems.
Speaker 1: That sounds like you have some issues.
Speaker 2: You got me so fucked up over here? Oh please, no, I'm serious.
Speaker 1: You want to get this out in the open, Go for it.
Speaker 2: You're telling me I sent to the wrong address. Whatever goes in the window that address, the window? What are you trying to make a fool out of me? Is that what you're trying to do. You're trying to make a fool out of me?
Speaker 4: No, sir, I just want to tell you that you're not getting your interest. We're going to discredit that, so I don't want you calling a cry in.
Speaker 2: In other words, the object is not interested in my business? Is this what you're telling me?
Speaker 1: We'll take your money just the way we take everybody else.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm sure you will take my money like everybody else. And I have no problem paying my bills. Yes, if you look at my payment record, you always receive my money two weeks ahead of time.
Speaker 4: You might want to try purchasing a new pair of glasses next time you send this stuff out.
Speaker 2: Though, I would like to speak to somebody above you.
Speaker 1: Would you like me to transfer you?
Speaker 2: Yes? Pleaseppenheimer speaking?
Speaker 1: Who listen, mister Michael Oppenheimer?
Speaker 2: Listen? I want to speak to somebody about clearing up something that's not true, and somebody talking to me like I'm an ass.
Speaker 1: So what happens?
Speaker 2: I purchased a computer? Who am I speaking to?
Speaker 1: This is mister Michael Oppenheimer.
Speaker 2: Let me call you back, give me your number, mister Michael Oppenheimer, Sir.
Speaker 1: Is there something else that's bothering you?
Speaker 2: Is there something bothering me?
Speaker 1: Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed today?
Speaker 2: Listen? Who do you think you are? Who do you think you are? What? You're wires in his mouth? Really? I have no idea why you're trying to give me your problem. I'm not a young kid.
Speaker 1: Are you cranky because you're hemorrhoids? You're flaring up?
Speaker 2: You're flattening me up now, I don't know what you're trying to over here or dold?
Speaker 1: Hello? Did you talk to my boss?
Speaker 2: I've never been treated like this yere in my life. Okay, I've never been told that I'm a deadbeat by any manager of a big phone like yours. Never.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: Why don't I just put you on the phone with your granddaughter, Melissa?
Speaker 2: I thought you.
Speaker 4: Your granddaughter Melissa thought it would be funny to play a radio prank on you.
Speaker 1: This is Scary Jones and you've been phone tapped.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love you. If she was here, I'd kick her round.
Speaker 3: Elvis phone Tab.
Speaker 4: This phone tab was pre recorded with permission granted by all.
Speaker 2: Particip Elvis Duran Phone Tab only Elvis Duran in the morning
Speaker 3: Show here in New Elvis Durant Phone Tab weekday mornings