Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: By from San Francisco. I'm a sports Byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervb.
Speaker 1: Right, you're ready, where you're ready, Let's get it off. How's it going, everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern at Sundays three Pacific, six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, Tenay Pacific one Eastern Sundays with Andrews Aian And it is Thursday here on the show. And you know that means, well, it means we got big business to talk about. Aw big business was last night, and shockingly, I don't know if you're aware of this or not, it was the debut of Mercedes Monai. Yes, she is all elite and she made her debut and she's going to be on the show next week. She was in the opening segment and the main events segment, and it's gonna be very interesting to see the quarter Hours here today because yesterday I argued vehemently, vehemently not to put her in the opening segment of the show, because, as we have learned from watching The Rock, if you put the big surprise at the beginning of the show, well when the deal's over, they leave the segment of the audience leaves. And when you put Rock at the end of the show, you do a gigantic number because people wait till the end of the show. So I thought, well, you should put her at the end of the show. Well she was at the end of the show, but we will find out be the Quarter Hours if they made that clear enough in the opening segment, because if the show does very well and the last segment does well, people got the clue, and if it didn't, they didn't get the clue that she was going to be coming back there at the end. But we gotta talk about that. Gotta talk about Mark Coleman, who is a hero. He saved his family from a burning house and for those who heard the show yesterday, he is doing better. So that's good news. Talk about Jackie Crockett passing away Minneapolis, submitting a bid for WrestleMania NXT numbers the full aw Dynamite Television report, Start him CMLL and Forbidden Door and plenty more if you want Texas forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six at His forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six, Brian at Wrestling Observer dot com, at for W Online at gmail dot com, for w Online on threads, Instagram, and cameo at Brian Alvarez on x gotoos Back in a Moment Observerlive.
Speaker 3: One out of two Americans think their life is worthy of a book. Here's another startling stat You may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of the six percent that got halfway through it, but your gem of an idea likely died or did it. Some published authors are making significant money, so join the ranks of the successful people that finish their books with help from Dorance Publishing. Call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely written, published and then taken to market to sell it. It's a free consultation, so call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours published. Make your dreams happen. Call Dorance Publishing right now.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred four eight five six thousand three, eight hundred four to eight five six thousand three, eight hundred four eighty five six thousand three. That's eight hundred four eight five six zero zero three.
Speaker 5: Has someone in your family lost a job recently and now you can't afford your mortgage payment, or do you have a rental property and your tenants aren't paying you. Quick Cash Offer can come to the rescue and pay you cash for your home immediately. Yes, sell your home and get cash all over the phone, without dealing with real estate agents and risking your safety by showing your home to lukewarm buyers. You don't need to lose your home to foreclosure. If you have any equity in your home, we will buy it and give you cash within days, all in a simple over the phone and virtual process. Call Quick Cash Offer now before the economy gets worse. Sell a home you can't afford or just don't want to get the cash you need today.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred seven eight eight one four nine five eight hundred seven eight eight one four, eight hundred seven eight eight one four ninety five. That's eight hundred seven eight eight fourteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: President Biden rec released a massive six trillion dollar budget, the largest budget in US history. And guess who pays the bill. That's right, you, the American taxpayer. American citizens and business owners will be paying more taxes, that's a fact. And if you owe back taxes, they will be coming after you to collect payments. In fact, President Biden also hired thousands more IRS agents to go after you. If you've got a letter from the IRS and you know you owe back taxes or you haven't filed in years, don't put your head in the sand. Call us today. We've saved our customers millions of tax dollars. One quick, free phone call will show you how we can reduce your pass tax bill and save you thousands guaranteed or you pay nothing. Call now.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred nine four nine OO three nine eight hundred nine four nine OO three nine. That's eight hundred nine four nine zero zero thirty nine paid for by the Tax Helpline.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Man the show Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Alive. Mike Simber VV, also of Wrestling Observer dot Com, talk about Mercedes here in a moment, but first we got to talk about this story. Mark Coleman says he is the happiest man in the world. Fifty nine year old has been hospitalized and saving his parents from a house fire early Tuesday morning Freemont, Ohio. Coleman was visiting his parents. By the way, how lucky was at He was visiting his parents when his dog, Hammer woke him up around four am, alerting him to the fire. After getting his elderly parents to safety, Coleman re entered the burning building to rescue Hammer, who unfortunately did not survive. So his dog. He wasn't even going to be staying there, so apparently there was like a fire in the kitchen, and had he not stayed over, I mean, this would have just likely been a tragedy. But he stayed over. His dog woke him up at four am. I believe he got his father out of the house, he went back in, he got his mother out of the house. He went back in to get his dog, but he couldn't get the dog, and then he had suffered so much smoke inhalation that he collapsed and he was covered in soot, soot in his lungs and airlifted the hospital, intubated, sedated, and it was it was I don't think there was ever appeared where they thought he wasn't going to make it. Even the first report I got was that it's really really bad, but he probably can pull through this. And on Thursday he woke up. He said, I'm the happiest man in the world, Swear to God him so lucky. Can't believe my parents are alive. Had to make a decision because I got out of my room and went to the door and it was already horrible, couldn't Breathe almost had to go outside, and I went back in and got him. I can't believe it. I got them, but I couldn't find hammer. So there's a GoFundMe if you want to check that out. It's on the front page of pressing Observe dot com. The link probably all over the internet as well. I think they're like seventy thousand dollars already, and I think this thing went up this morning. But yeah, it looks like he's going to be all right, the roof of the home collapsed shortly after they arrived on the scene. And uh, what a hero, dude, Holy smokes. Mark Coleman. One of the toughest guys ever in MMA, and now he saved his family from a burning house. So what a guy.
Speaker 6: Unbelievable human being, unbelievably tough human being. He can't tell the history of mixed martial arts without Mark Coleman. An incredible career and just an incredible story and an incredible tragedy that was spared by that chance that he happened to be staying there. So unbelievable and all the best of Mark Coleman.
Speaker 1: So yes, we did have the debut yesterday of Mercedes Monai, and as I talked about in the opening segment, I'm intrigued by the quarter hours for this show. It's one day, you know, we'll see how things go long term. But the interesting thing is they brought her out at the very beginning of the show, and the question is she did her whole promo. We'll get to that in a moment. And at the end she said, I can't wait to tear it up with every single one of you. We'll start with the main events tonight ReHO versus Willow Nightingale, Willow, You and I have a lot of unfinished business. But right now at big business, I'm all elite. And they played her music and she danced and she left, and I I thought, is she coming back or what?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: They didn't announce it. So the question is, you know how many fans thought she was coming back at the end. If they thought she was coming back at the end, which she did, I think this show is going to do a very very good number if they didn't get the hint that she was coming back at the end. I do expect it to be a very big first quarter and then uh and then fall back to normal levels throughout the rest of the show. So we shall see. But she is Mercedes Monette. Her gimmick is she is the CEO, which Tony is allowing her to be called the CEO.
Speaker 6: You already hate that, don't you.
Speaker 1: I don't, actually, you know what, I don't mind CEO at all, But you know what I do not like what. I hate this theme.
Speaker 6: Just you like it more than the last one.
Speaker 1: That one was weird too, but I like, I mean this one. It's like she's got this new song, which is really funny because when you listen to it, it actually sounds like the beginning of Gunther's theme, and then all of a sudden it breaks into Chance of Ceo, like they put chance in the theme. And I don't know, man, I don't know. Just seems like it's gonna get grating real quick. But I mean everything else that was a good debut place when Nuts for Her came out, did a promo, talked about her history, talked about her dream of becoming the best wrestler, the best women's wrestler of all time, dropping out of school at thirteen, chaotic wrestling at eighteen and ninety pounds, and she wants to make magic here in aew and it does appear actually I shouldn't say that, but I mean, she's gonna do something with Willow at some point. She's getting her win back at some point. She was never supposed to lose to Willow for the new Japan Women's title, but she got hurt and put her over, and so presumably at some point she will beat Willow. I don't know if it's if it's imminent. I mean, you could have Willow win a title from somebody and then she ends up beating her at some point down the road. I think her first few should be like a big name, and you know, at the end of her promo, she she didn't quite do, but she started She's gonna go see and then she went e or whatever, by the crowd chanted along. It was exactly like Britt Baker's DMD and so I don't know if that was on purpose or not, but I know that Britt was not at the show. She was not in the building. I don't know what they're gonna do with her, but that seems like a natural feud. So it looks like probably at some point Britt, probably at some point Willow. But I guess we'll know more next week because she will be in the building. But what did you think of this debut?
Speaker 6: You know, yesterday I was going to bring up you could debut her at the beginning of the show, but you're gonna have to put you know, come back to her at a couple of times during the show, which they did not do. Now, it should have probably been enough of a whistle to all the aw fans that okay, instead of the world title match, Rijo and Willow is closing the show that probably should have been assigned to people that, yeah, said Sasha and Mercedes.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be. It certainly should be a clue.
Speaker 6: It should be. But what they also probably could have done, maybe helped a little bit, is also insert her into seeing somebody backstage or having one of those things. And I know it's a very wwe thing to do, but probably wouldn't have been the worst idea in the world. Regardless. I'm with you when it comes to the Britt Baker deal. At some point we're going to have Jamie Hayter come back, hopefully at some point here in twenty twenty four. It's got to happen sooner or later. So you have a few that could possibly happen there as well too. But if it's not going to be Tony Storm, and it does not look like it's going to be the case with Deanna Parrazzo continuing to go after her, to me, Britt Baker coming back, look, Adam Cole is a heel. She comes back upset with the treatment that this person's got walking in and all these other women have got walking in the door. Turn her heel to me, that's the perfect first feud.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I gotta say that if you're going to bring back Bridge Baker like I think she does, she's she's better as a heel. Okay, absolutely, But man, I watched this show and how many heels do we need? Brother? We got a lot, a lot, a lot of heels in AAW and thankfully they've at least turned Swerve and now we've got Will Ospray, although he's still with a heel group. I mean, they'll have to figure out that story.
Speaker 6: Well so technically so a Swerve although we saw Total Leona.
Speaker 1: No swerves definitely turned last week. But here's the thing, Well, with a heel group, yes.
Speaker 6: Bishop, yeah exactly, and Bishop conn and Total Leona kind of came out on their own with their new gear on. So maybe that's a sign that they're going to be distancing them and Brian Cage officially away from Swerve and from Nanna, and they should and it's going to be something they'll need to actually take care of on the ROH broadcast as well as AW.
Speaker 1: All Right, we'll talk more about that Ali show here in a little while, but a couple of other news notes here and after the break, and again, if you want to Texas, what did you think four seven eight zero seven five sixty six is the phone number fourty five seven eight zero seven five six six. And Hey, I want to make sure before the break I lay down some big time praise of AW because next week Dynamite in Toronto. We already have five matches for the show. Thank you. Next week it's the Iquit match Christian versus Adam Copeland. Something we'll get to here in a moment, Eddie Kingston versus Okada for the Continental title. Mercedes will be there to do an interview, Deanna Parozzo and a mystery partner versus Tony Storman, Mariah May and Chris Jericho versus Five matches already announced for next week. So if you're in Toronto and you're waffling, brother, you know it's going to be on the show. You got no excuse. Now go buy some tickets. Back in a moment of you're live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper viv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Hey, you ever heard of a compliment sandwich?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I liked a lot of stuff on AW last night, but there was one thing on that show that my brain is melting. It's melting, okay.
Speaker 6: Lionhuwk no, fine with that.
Speaker 1: So Ocatta debuts last week. He's a heel, which, by the way, if you want the bun part of this compliment, sandwich, golly, I love this guy is a heel. He's the best. If I had to choose the young bucks, Nocada's baby heels. Heals nine days out of the week, and there's only seven days last I checked. Things might have changed with daylight savings time. But anyway, so he debuts and you know, beats down Eddie Kingston everything, and when the show's over, it's like, all right, call Lee g at the pay per view, Oh Cotton Eddie Kingston for the Continental Crown and and you know Cotta probably should win, come to conton the Continental whatever.
Speaker 6: They call it Continental Crown.
Speaker 1: Sure, so they do a six man this week, like, golly man, what a match? You know? All these great guys return a park.
Speaker 6: You tell us a man with two young kids saying, golly so much.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm I hey, if I if I gave this brand tonight on the brin of any show, there'd be a lot of other words. But anyway, they do this match, great match, a lot of fun and uh and Okata hits the rain Maker on Eddie and pins him, and of course my first thought is, okay, this is the exact same thing they did with Brian Danielson. Danielson pin him in a match, set up a match in the pay per view. Whatever that's I don't care. I'm not mad about that. But then then they announce that it is not Eddie Kingston and Okada for the Continental Crown the pay per view. They announce it is Eddie versus Okada only only for the Continental Belt next Wednesday. I was like, okay, hold on a second, where'd even begin. First off, first off, why do we need this match next Wednesday when we already have Adam Copeland versus Christian in their big blowoff match for the title in Toronto. Listen, Yes, you should, of course have a full lineup for the show. People may want to see other people, but brother, that's what you need for next week's show. That's all you need for the show. You have not their actual aw names, but it's Edge and Christian for the title. Okay, you don't need anything else for next week, but you know what you got to show the week after, you could do it there, but anyway, whatever, they're doing the match next week. So now it's only for the Continental Belt, not the Continental Crown. It's for one of the three belts. Okay. Now there's only there's only three finishes possible. Okay. Finish number one is you do a disqualification or something in no title changes hands, which I don't think anybody's gonna be happy with. But actually, honestly, if somebody else booked this match and I had to come up with a finish, that's what I come up with Oka, even though it's the worst I don't want to see, but like, that's the best possible finish in the scenario. Your other finish is Eddie Kingston beats Ocada in Ocada's first singles match. I would not do this. I think that's ridiculous. And then the third possibility is that Okada beats Eddie and wins one of the belts, which would mean that you did a Continental Classic tournament, which was a great tournament, and the whole point of that tournament was to unify these three belts into a Continental Crown. And after going through this great tournament, unifying the titles and creating a continental crown. Three months later, you're going to split it up? Why would you do this?
Speaker 6: Is that what the tournament was for? Brian?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: Really there was no half Eddie Kingston gold Watch Royal.
Speaker 1: Well, of course it was then, but it was to create a continental browns.
Speaker 6: In can't rustle him next year's g one, So we created a little g one we can do every year.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's all. That's all backstage reasons. As a fan. The reason for that tournament was to create a three belt continental crown, and after investing in the tournament, we're just gonna go split it up three months later. Look, I forgot when that happened to the All Japan Triple Crown. Split him up three months later?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, what is gonna do walking around? You think he's gonna be walking around with the NJPW Strong title over his shoulder? Not a chance in hell?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 6: Who cares?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 6: Because cares? You're talking about from Okay, take the backstage out of it. That you're getting paid to do a job, and if they pay you enough, I'd walk around with the Strong title too. But we're talking about on TV. This guy just came over IWGP World Heavyweight CHAMBI the guy that everybody wanted to be for the last ten years, and now he's going to revert to being I mean, why doesn't he just be.
Speaker 1: He'sting to being a strong champion. He's becoming a triple crown champion with three unified belts.
Speaker 6: But what belt?
Speaker 1: Now we have another belt because they're splitting it off from the cunt. How many belts do we need.
Speaker 6: But we have that belt. Here's the thing. The R O H title should not be on TV on aw TV, and they need a champion. Okay, put it back there. I don't think any strong title should exist at all, but they continue to push him because I guess for touring in the US and the UK, they want to have those titles. Okay, fine, let it jettison back to where it was. Do I think you need a continental title? No? Would. I'd like to see that title at some point, maybe you know, merge with the international title. I think that would be great. There are absolutely too many titles I.
Speaker 1: See, and they're about to be another one. But we're about to have another one.
Speaker 6: But Eddie Kingston has defended the continental crown anyway, so who cares if the ROH title and the NW Japan Strong title go away from AW. I don't think that this is an issue, although it is interesting.
Speaker 1: Book, well, nothing is an issue. But I don't know why they bother doing this tournament if they're just gonna just get all the belts out. Three belts, now, three more belts, all right, Well, someone's gonna win the Ring of Honor title next and now will have another belt.
Speaker 6: But that's but they need a Ring of Honor champion on TV though, don't they. I mean, Bennett and Tavid are walking around with the ROH titles and the six man tag team titles have been on AW television for how long? For what reason? I mean to me, it is they have a superfluous amount of belts on TV. The ROH titles would be fine in the realm of ROH and that's it. Same thing with the new Japan Strong titles period. Now take this continental crown and merge it with the international title and be done with it.
Speaker 1: So but then we're gonna defend the belts from one at a time again.
Speaker 6: Afterwards, No v R child and the Strong title.
Speaker 1: I guess apparently those are gonna go to two other people at some point and then we'll just have eight belts. Eight singles belts in AW, I think is what the number would be, right, eight because we're fine now, OBTUSI no, not, We've got a real title, an international title, a continental crown. Now we'll have a continental crown and we'll have a dual crown, and then we'll have the other continental title and we have so we have six right now, after Wednesday, we will have six singles belts floating around in AW.
Speaker 6: Six yes, six, so close the universe when it comes to Ring of Honor, I guess with Tavin and Bennett they can go back and forth because I would want them to work with my young teams like the Infantry and guys like that. But the reality is we should never see those belts in AW and until it comes time for Forbidden Door, we should never see the strong titles. I know.
Speaker 1: But here's the problem, Like, what your arg doing is what they should do. What I'm arguing is what they are going to do. But what they're going to do, what I'm arguing is what they're going to do. We don't need five singles six singles titles. As of Wednesday, we do not.
Speaker 6: Know six what do we need an FTW title for? What? Do we need a TNT title for? What do we need international title for? Like, take all of these belts and merge them together. Maybe that could be next year's Continental Classic and you can call it the Quad title.
Speaker 1: This person's saying what they might do, So what what are you saying they're gonna do? Like they're gonna do a draw. His first singles match on TV is just gonna be a draw. That's what they're gonna do. Okay, whatever do we Hey, I'll wait till next week.
Speaker 6: Do we have brackets for the Tag Team Tournament? By the way, Well.
Speaker 1: This is a mystery because uh well you know we go for sure we're gonna get the brackets on rampage. Okay, but I could have sworn they said they were gonna have a bracketology tonight. Wouldn't bracketology be giving you the brackets? What else you're gonna do on bracketology? Then give the brackets? Isn't that not tonight?
Speaker 6: It's kind of ridiculous, though, you know, you want people to like fill it out, You want it to become a social media thing, like what happens in like the NCAA tournament. That's what this whole thing is about. March madness, right, Like, usually you give people more than twenty four hours from the time the tournament begins to actually, you know, have some fun with this thing and see who they think is going to win.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see, bracketology is what they're doing on rampage. They're calling it bracketology. Yeah, so they get the barket thing on collision. Yeah, the tournament starts on collision. They announced that last week. We will have the brackets on rampage tomorrow. Way more news and we'll get back to aw City of Minneapolis submitted its bid for next year's WrestleMania.
Speaker 6: They want this the Pro Wrestling Torches bid. A Keller bid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, they reported Wednesday, submitted its pitch to hold Mania forty one at us Bank Stadium. The Star Tribune said the process was quote very competitive. We are hopeful. I hope we get it, said Wendy Blackshaw, the president of Minnesota's Sports and Events. It would be amazing, she said. Last year, CBS Minneapolis reported the city was among the finalists for this year's or next year's event. It would be the first time Russell Manie would be held in that city, and WWE's had to confirm details for Mania forty one. So Minneapolis, Minneapolis is what's looking like next year. We shall see back in a moment. Obserr alive.
Speaker 8: Here's a message just for the attorneys out there. So you passed the bar, joined a firm, or even built your own. Now are you finding out that you're doing more administration than actual law practice? Lexicon can help. Lexicon is a legal technology provider with over a decade of experience streamlining administrative tasks like time keeping, billing, and more so you can focus on maximizing billable hours and increasing client satisfaction. Called eight five 't five four Lexicon or visit lexiconservices dot com slash go to learn more.
Speaker 7: What would you do if you had a broken bone? You'd go to the doctor and use your insurance right, Well, what would you do if you have a serious problem with drugs and alcohol? Most people do nothing until it's way too late. Your insurance can help you get clean and sober with the assistance of a place like the Detox and Treatment Helpline. Many times addiction treatment is fully covered, So why not use your insurance to treat your addiction? Problem, just like you would if you had a broken bone, And with a Family Medical Leave Act, you're allowed to take time off by law and your employer doesn't need to know the reason. So there are two good reasons. You've got insurance you can use for your addiction problem, and with the Family Medical Leave Act, it's completely confidential. Call now eight hundred seven seven one four one two five. That's eight hundred seven seven one forty one twenty five. Eight hundred seven seven one four one two five eight hundred seven seven one forty one twenty five.
Speaker 4: Can your IRA stand up to the next financial crisis That our top economists are saying is that our doorsteps. By allocating a percentage of your IRA into physical gold and silver with a tax free rollover, you can diversify in safeguard your holdings from turbulent markets and economic downturns by putting your IRA back on the gold standard. Find out how to safeguard your asss with a tax free rollover with a Genesis Gold IRA, the only IRA that can hold physical precious metals. Call now for your free gold and silver report. Protect your IRA today with one simple phone call and learn how to qualify for up to ten thousand dollars in free silver called Genesis Gold Group Empowering Faith driven Stewardship. Eight hundred two one one six thousand eight eight hundred two one one six thousand eight eight hundred two one one six thousand eight. That's eight hundred two one one six zero zero eight.
Speaker 9: Now during Staples Print Big Sale, get twenty dollars off your print purchase of one hundred or more, fifty dollars off your print purchase of two hundred or more, and one hundred dollars off your print purchase of three hundred or more. So the more you printed Staples, the more you save. To demonstrate print print print at Staples, you safe safe save. But if you print rent print print print print print at Staples, you safe safe safe save, safe safe save.
Speaker 6: See how that works.
Speaker 9: Staples Print Big Sale Print More, save more up to one hundred dollars ends four six business Staples dot com slash print for details.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Life with Brian olt For and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: You know I was watching WWF Wrestling Challenge from nineteen eighty six. Oh yeah, yeah, they got a h. I got a segment called Wrestler Rebuttal on the show, and I would like to do the the rebuttal here from the AEW mecha that we've got going on here in the uh the chat we had we had a TNA mecha threat on the board where no matter what they did, it was defended. So I want, I want the explanation for this. Okay, I'm sure someone's got a great explanation. So this this continental title match next week? Okay, they announced it is under continental rules. Okay, yes, Mike, what are continental rules?
Speaker 6: Nobody can interfere?
Speaker 1: Okay, nobody can interfere, sir. Okay, that's what they say. All right? Did I miss the rule where you're allowed to interfere in a normal match. You're not a to have interferen a normal match either. Yeah, Well, the continental rules are there's no outside interference. There's no outside interference allowed in any matches. Okay, how is this different, some Lenny, I know you must have an answer. How is how is the rule no outside interference? How is that different from no outside interference? How is that different?
Speaker 6: I know, I know, but Brian, when it comes to the aw rule book, it is a choose your own adventure depending on who is refereeing, what matches going on, who is in the ring. I mean, look at last night.
Speaker 1: For instance, hold On, would the title change hands of their They've never said that. They've never said that. They've just said no outside interference?
Speaker 6: Now, what bothers you more as a wrestler, former wrestler and as a critic of this stuff? Does that bother you more than Chris Jericho and Hook being in the ring at the same time and guys getting choked out and Aubrey's checking on the guy being choked out, and then the guy leaves the ring, and it's like, none of this would be legal, None of this is technically legal. That's going on right now.
Speaker 1: They're guaranteeing no outside interference, Well, why don't you do that for all matches? If you're not allowed to interfere, that's what the referee is for. That's why there's DQ's.
Speaker 6: Did they do that for the first match because there was no interference during the Wardlow and Sumova Joe match? Did I miss an announcement where they said there would be no outside interference in that match? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Cod Hill rules don't even allow for seconds. No one is allowed at ringside. Really, yeah, that is that, so.
Speaker 6: They might steal one of the belts.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Okay, let's uh, let's talk about more from this show, because there was a lot of good stuff on this show. I liked it overall, except for those that kind of all cli thing. So we had Samo Joe and Wardlow. They didn't like this match very much. I thought this was a good matchmo Joe's a total babyface. Wardlow is now starting to do a more longer matches, which is what he needs to be doing. His finish was so great because Joe always does the choke, but he's like a big dude. Well, Hook always does the red rum and he's a small dude. So whenever Hook goes for the red rum, he leaps on somebody's back and he applies the hold. Well, Wardlow's a big dude, and so Wardlow goes for a power bomb, but Joe avoids it and Samoa Joe leaped onto Wardlow's back and put on the choke and Wardlow went out. That finish was awesome, beat him clean in the middle of the ring and uh and then they had to pull apart with Swarm and Samoa Joe. We have gone from a match where both of these two were going to be heels, where now Swerve his turn babyface and Joe is never like turned, but he's a total babyface. He was a total babyface in this match. We now have a babyface babyface main event for the title coming up at the pay per view.
Speaker 6: Now even more important than that, because those guys are gonna be fine. Now what with Wardlow. It's very important if you want this guy to be something, and they do. That's why he went into length of time that he did with Samoa Joe. You know, was it a perfect match?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: But my god, how how often is he wrestling let alone in there with somebody at Joe's level? So hopefully they have a good plan for him that doesn't just consist of standing there next to Adam Cole as he sits in a wheelchair cutting promos.
Speaker 1: Then we had Samoa Joe or then we had the Elite interview with the Nick Jackson's my favorite character on this show. His his uh his angry Marvez asks. He says, uh Okada, you know why did you affiliate with the Elite? And Nick chumpson and he says, have some respect. Call him by his full ass name, the rain Maker, kazus Ko Kada I died. And then Matt says, we helped this guy. Lows of the lows we helped each other out I could give you. He says fourteen million other reasons that he joined us because Tokyo Sports did an article which claimed that aw Hit paid Okada fourteen million dollars.
Speaker 6: I love that story, Doctor.
Speaker 1: Evil, write that story. It's ridiculous. Anyway, he says, Uh, so God is doing this promo. He goes, We're coming for you, pent Up Hawk and Eddie anyway, he says, which made me laugh. Anyway, Happy say happy birthday to Matthew Man's birthday yesterday. So Alex says happy birthday and then Okatta says, no sing it, and Alex has to sing happy Birthday. This segment was the greatest.
Speaker 6: Loved it then we had done since the old Wrestling Observer site.
Speaker 1: They had the sixth Man we talked about, we had the will Osprey promo. God this guy, you know, I said last night, as did Dave. I cannot believe wwe missed on this guy and everybody had eighty five million reasons about how there was no way WWE could give him the schedule allow it. I'm like, dude, yes they could, but they didn't. Don't act like I love how when we're making certain arguments. You know, some of the arguments WW is like this global you know, phenomenon with unlimited cash and they can do whatever. And then sometimes the argument is, oh, they just couldn't afford that. Trust me, they could pay him more than AW if they wanted. They could give him the same schedule if they wanted, and they could allow him to live in England if they wanted. They didn't want to, but they could have. Let's not pretend this is an impossibility. It's ridiculous and they should feel stupid for not getting him. If I were WWE, I would feel stupid for not getting him. But I'm not WWE. Thus I don't feel stupid.
Speaker 6: I think they're okay, I think they're.
Speaker 1: They are fine, But god, this guy is like, oh, well, you know he's a great worker, but I'm not sure if this guy can cut a promo. Oh not sure about his charisma?
Speaker 6: Well, look his promo look. To be honest, you could question his promo ability because I can't. It's like, look, yeah, you can't now, but look at his promos how they've been for the most part, and guys coming over where you actually have to drop some of the obscenities and things like that. Like that's the only thing we really didn't know about him. Would he be able to cut a promo translating to the American audience? Certainly doesn't look like there's an issue with that. What's soever, I don't think charisma or physical ability was ever in doubt when it came to will Ospray. I don't bet. Maybe I guess it was for them, but certainly it didn't seem like for anybody else.
Speaker 1: If they put the rocket on this guy, he would be the biggest star in this company, by miles, miles and miles. His promo was incredible. He's got charisma out the ears. The place goes absolutely haywire for this guy. His work is at another level. It's just like, God, what a dude? What sign?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 1: Don't get me started, because then I'll be stuck on that one for a long time.
Speaker 6: What's a better chance?
Speaker 1: Brov or ceo, cheeky slag, don't get me started on that one either. Darby Allen and Jay White, Harby is out of his mind, out of his mind. They had a good match. Darby killed himself and then Jay White pinned him with a sling blade and then this was the other thing on the show that was just like all right, So they go to beat him up and out comes the rest of the Bang Bang Scissor Gang and they tell Jay not to do it, and they start to help Darby to the back, and Jay then just takes a chair and beams mister ass and like it's done. It's like, so I sat around four months as you guys put together Bang Bang Scissor Gang, did nothing, absolutely nothing, nothing, And this was the end of it. They just turned on Billy Gunn and we are right back where we started. We just have lost like four months of everybody's careers. That's what happened here.
Speaker 6: Well, lost four months, but gained two sets of six man tag team titles.
Speaker 1: Wow. Cool, all right.
Speaker 6: I think we got a better use for Jay White here now that we got Osprey.
Speaker 1: And you don't say we have a better house than when he was doing absolutely nothing.
Speaker 6: Now would be the time, folks, That would be the time.
Speaker 1: And we had Jericho and Hook beating the Mogul embassy and then they did a promo later which was really weird. Okay, Jericho says, you know you are a future champion, but I need to know what it's like to stand across the ring from you, and so I'm challenging you to a match next week in Canada. They're doing one on one next week in Canada. But like we're supposed to get the brackets for this tournament.
Speaker 6: Friday dain't in it.
Speaker 1: They have to be in it. Why why would they be put together and having tag match wins and then not be in the tag tournament. I'll bet you, I'll bet you, Mike, fifty bucks if you want to take the bet that they're in this tournament.
Speaker 6: You want to take the bet, all right?
Speaker 1: Fifty bucks? All right, all right?
Speaker 6: Because here's why I think maybe we see look for Hook's sake, Hook should choke out Chris Jericho. You can do some sort of weird thing that led to the finish that allowed Hook to get that choke. But I think if you're gonna do some we talked about this with Brian Danielson, that would be a big thing. Jericho not only getting choked out by Hook getting choked out by Taz Hasan in Canada. That actually is it would be really something in a feather in hook's cap. Plus, then if you're going to keep this goofy FTW title around again, maybe you can do more with it that way. To me, I don't they are not needed in this tag tournament. I mean, let's be honest, and if they are in the tag tournament, to me, it's still screams unless they're gonna win it. That it's going to lead to an angle with somebody or with themselves later on just doesn't make any sense when you have so many teams.
Speaker 1: Then we had Kylo Riley promo which man, I saw this and I don't trust this bloke one bit, not one bit. He's turning heel on Saturday, that's my prediction. And then the main event was Rijo and Willow Nightingale. This is the best AWD women's match in a while, had the best heat of any able D women's manchi in a while. This is awesome chance. I mean, you know, the key to this match is, this is a mind blowing revelation here. ReHO always gets ober and Willow always gets ob so if you put them together, it gets over.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 1: So anyway, at a very good main event, Willow pinner with the Doctor Baum and then the lights went out. They come back on and Julia is steering down Willow, but then sky Blue jumps her. Fans start chanting CEO and so Mercedes the music hits, run down to the ring, quick brawl, Mercedes hits the her. I don't like her new finish either. Have I mentioned in that hits her new finish on Julia, which thankfully this time Julia took it great. They did that. It was it was the Kyrie match at the Tokyo Dome. Oh my god, that was a disaster. But then Willow raised Mercedes hand left the ring so Mercedes could dance showing off the air and as a good show. And I hope they keep this momentum going, which they should next Wednesday. Next Wednesday should be easy Toronto. They've already got like five thousand tickets out or something. I'd have to look after the break, but hopefully they can keep it up back in a moment. Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Oh, hi, I guess we're back.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, I don't know for sure. The uh there's there's numbers floating around on the chat here as to what Dynamite did last night, but I haven't got that confirmed, so we shall wait. But I will say that if you're on the chat and you've seen those numbers, and it's pretty good number, pretty good number. I know some people were expecting it to be some gigantic one million, blah blah, but uh, I was I was not expecting that. I think I think that number, if that's the accurate number, I think that'd be good. But we'll have more on that later on today. Just go to wrestling Observe dot com. It'll be on the front page wrestle Nomics wherever so you can you can get the update there And in an hour I will be back here with Landstorm. He watched the show, wants to talk about it and everything else going on in wrestling. So that's coming up on a special Thursday edition of the show at two Pacific five Eastern, and then an hour and a half of aw Dynamite and NXT with Brian and Vinnie show tonight. We got a lot to talk about from those two shows. And yeah, and.
Speaker 6: For the Twitch people, I see that it is scheduled that Brian Rose is going to be doing a little F four W gaming with Final Fantasy six coming up at ten pm Eastern time tonight.
Speaker 1: Ten Eastern tonight. Check out Brian Rose playing a video game. I like that, Brian Rose. He's a fine chap, is what he is.
Speaker 6: Not a bloke.
Speaker 1: It's fine bloke too, I guess. But anyway, that's coming up tonight, and lots of other stuff to talk about, so we're gonna wrap it up for today. Thanks everbody for listening. Mike's always callers and listeners over the studio. We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.