Speaker 1: All right, we're good.
Speaker 2: You like.
Speaker 3: Busting with the boys, hanging with the fan, betting on the game.
Speaker 4: No moment's gonna tell us.
Speaker 3: What can not be. We're here just drinking beer and making nan over a baby. I'm hanging with the feelers, busting with the boys.
Speaker 4: Bro, ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. In his episode two ninety one, let's give a ride of applause. We have a big guest. Today's name is Will Levis. You gonna have a great time.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: We did this last week, We're gonna do it again this week. I'm gonna let you know one more time. To listeners that come and view this podcast on your YouTube, your rumble, your Apple, your Spotify, your downcast, anywhere you consume this podcast, more than fifty percent of the people that listen to this podcast will do you know something. They're not subscribed. It's bad they haven't just pressed the button, and that all we're asking to do. We're panhandled a little bit, but go ahead and give us that little button click. You don't even have to put the bell on if you don't want to, but if you could do that for us, it'll make our lives a whole lot of ea're pinhandling.
Speaker 5: It's like, hey, you want to support the boys, if you want to be for the boys, just hit the subscribe button.
Speaker 4: All you gotta do is just all you gotta do. Just just touch it, just for a second, just to see how it feels.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: Another think you can touch and know how it feels immediately is the Chevy Silverado presented by We're presented by your good friends of Chevy. There's a reason why I've never known a tear talk on best pickup trucks, and that's because Bust with the Boys. At Bust with the Boys, there's only one truck, and that is the Chevy Silverado. Why is that, I don't know. Maybe it's the eight cameras on the truck with fourteen different views. Maybe it's that when you're driving with your family to and from school or on holidays, are going on road trips, you feel safe knowing that the Chevy Silverado is taking care of you. Silverado brings the grit, the legendary grit pair with a modern truck tech inside and out. We love the bold blackout look of the new Silverado HD Trail Boss there's a reason Chevy is America's most awarded brand for new vehicle quality over the last three years, according to JD Power. So do us a favor. Go a head over to Chevy dot com to build your Silverado or Silverado HD and check out all the current offers on Silverado. Discover a world of strength and capability, all behind the wheel of our favorite truck. The Chevy Silverado Chevrolet received the highest total number of awards compared to other brands and the JD Power twenty twenty two through twenty twenty four US initial quality studies. Visitjdpower dot com forwards lash Awards for more details. Awards based on twenty twenty two through twenty twenty four models. Lot a mouthful there, lot.
Speaker 5: Of mouthful, and I was on my phone because I was searching some data. We talked about the painhandling, just having a good reminder at the top of the episode for people to subscribe, and why it's important, which I'm sure we'll hit on in our in our meeting tomorrow when kind of de briefing the last week. Sam Marrill's episode is sitting at like sixty something thousand of views, fifty million the subscribers we added last week three hundred and seventy two. Now for perspective two weeks ago, Rich Eisen, that episode's at like one hundred and fifty thousand, that is currently sitting at two hundred and sixty one new subscribers. So just the simple call to action, and maybe it's it's just reminding the boys, like, hey, just make sure you're subscribed to the episode. It does help. So the panhandling, just the request, I think I think helps a little bit. What we got JP back. JP's back from his honeymoon. The man, oh, he got the ring.
Speaker 4: He's seen the field, hit a full body cramp this morning, He's seen the.
Speaker 5: Field as clear as he ever has. I think, in my JP would be a fair assessment.
Speaker 1: Fair assessment. Everything that everybody is thinking is true.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's at all. Let's go JP.
Speaker 5: Should we should we hit on? Should we touch on? Recap? The wedding? Guy? Know, when we were at the wedding, You're like, hey, try to hold off for a week so we can talk about when I get back, I get some wedding shenanigans. I know, we just had Georgia Tech Florida State. We could talk about our first bets of the season. We got big Week one of college football coming up. Our gambling show is not coming out this week. It's coming out next week, the first week of NFL. We're doing a gambling show called The Locker Room. Sadly, and I know the comments are going to go off about this bet. The bus is not happening this year, s and P five hundred is not happening this year. We're basically taking a show and just talking football, bets, gambling. You got NFL, you got college That will its first episode will be next Thursday, and it is called the Locker Room. So again, subscribe wherever you get your pods that will be in the timeline.
Speaker 4: We will be doing that.
Speaker 5: So where should we start, fellas, Let's.
Speaker 4: Start a JP's wedding. I want to talk about that, okay, I want to talk about your experience, JP. How was it? How'd you feel? Man?
Speaker 1: So on the rehearsal dinner day was pretty stressful. The caterers got the like two three hours late.
Speaker 5: How was your old man?
Speaker 1: He was hot? Y'all saw him. He he was He was holding it together for the people for the most part. But I think he found himself by by himself for a little while where he got to let off some steam to a few people.
Speaker 5: If a dog was by him, it would have been bad to be.
Speaker 1: The dog exactly shout out Kai. But once the food, once we sat down, did the speeches, had the food. The food was incredible. My parents did an awesome job. My mom, she has three boys. We've never the biggest party we've thrown is probably one of my birthday parties at the pool and the biggest coordinating is like getting enough popsicles in pizza and pizza and so they did a great job. They were stressed out. I cannot say thank you enough to my parents. And then the pool party after y'all two people, three people on here got to experience a pool party and that was that was peak. I don't know if y'all talked about.
Speaker 5: It, but we talked about it a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah up, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's just like if if you're wondering, like who I am? Like that to me, man, it was. It was awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The relays, the contest the boys in the beginning because I didn't get in the water first because I saw some of your friends that were playing physical fighting, just over the volleyball and they're like, well wall, you know, get out of Yeah, it's a little too rough for me out there right now. I gotta warm up a little bit. Then the storm came and even though everybody scattered, like the moment the storm was happening, like just that little short video where your boy catches.
Speaker 1: The right I think Evan caught it. I don't know.
Speaker 5: You see the the wind happening so hard that you kind of see the water moving.
Speaker 1: It was a dream, dude, it was a dream. And yeah, your five second video captured like the perfect essence of it. I wish we had the video of the relays smoked well twice, but Jack and I we came away with the dub and one of them, my brother.
Speaker 4: Came away with dub.
Speaker 1: And the second one you were on team with my brother.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the second.
Speaker 5: One, when he first came in, we took him on our team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, will fall started in that one.
Speaker 5: Okay, fall start.
Speaker 1: You went before? Yeah, you went before the What I was what I was.
Speaker 5: Trying to do is Timey hitting the water on Gough smart, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's using the rle serie advantage. It's a smart move.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and what the the rumors are? Here was the phrase used if JP even beat me, It was that was a photo.
Speaker 1: Finish after you got a head start.
Speaker 5: From Aquaman himself, the guy who claims that he's the fastest swimmer of all time.
Speaker 1: That's not true. Jack is faster than me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys never did race. There's part of me that thinks, like, maybe you don't want to know who would win.
Speaker 1: I have said Jacket is faster than me.
Speaker 4: Second before you said that, I was trying to get something going.
Speaker 5: It's not about that, it's not about the thread time. I do feel like, you know, we found out. I got to find out like how competent I was like swimming against Like I mean you you had some swimmers there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did, Tyler, Joe, Alan Jack, my brother. He made the final one.
Speaker 4: Of the four.
Speaker 5: That's like, hey, let's just do a one race, good on, good, down and back. With just fifty meters. Jack was holding his own until probably the last fifteen meters.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I will say from the camp barstool stuff, it's like I I was about to catch a full body cramper I was in. I could not get comfortable because my quads are so on fire, and I will say, just to clear the air. I was laying on the table. Garrett Can attests to this, and I was being very serious too, because I was hurting, like my oh, my arms, my tricess, my back and my quads more than anything. And I was like, hey, I just want to take back. I said some things about Michael Phelps a couple of weeks ago, and I'll be honest, I found out a little bit more about the swimming, the swimming physicality.
Speaker 1: Of it all, best full body work.
Speaker 4: To see Will in that position.
Speaker 5: I was hurting.
Speaker 4: You had a full week of like going through stuff. You have the toe the first day and the next day it was.
Speaker 5: The toes getting a little better. Yeah, but do you want to see it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I do, because Will jam this till we were playing softball White.
Speaker 5: Sox daya bro it.
Speaker 4: Oh it's got a lot better. Yeah, maybe just a jam.
Speaker 5: Then I was putting the I was putting in the old little foot spot that I got at home. Yeah, thrown some ice every now and then there, trying to just move it.
Speaker 4: The thing that surprised me the most about this toe is that it didn't bother you sleeping at night because toe pain. Yeah, and the blood float of toes.
Speaker 1: And your heart beat.
Speaker 4: Yes, yea, he didn't have it, but yeah, it really was.
Speaker 5: It was kind of fun sleeping in those bunks. It was I was comfortable. I don't know about you. I know you're a big cat, You're a big guy.
Speaker 4: I was so tired at the end of each day that it was. It was fine, but like, it was the first weekend that actually, like my back was hurting all weekend. Yeah, my knee was swollen all week in. My back was swoll a weekend. I was like, that was a good time.
Speaker 5: But Taylor almost slept like twelve hours one night.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, that's the first day I like went And just the problem was I got too hot when we were fishing, and I was like, so I was, let me go look at my phone for a little bit. Phone and I was like, I'm not getting up. I got up to brush my teeth and then I went to bed. That was it, man, I was I was cooked, absolutely cozy. K Bartol was it absolute blast. Let's talk about after the wedding.
Speaker 5: Winners and losers of the wedding, because I got a couple for JP losers, I.
Speaker 4: Got a loser.
Speaker 1: Let's hear him.
Speaker 4: I got a loser too, what's your loser. I don't know the lady. She was wearing a whitish dress, like a pearl colored dress, and she had a little purse with her. That's really all the I got for a blonde haired lady wearing white. Yes, but I love the idea of open seating. However, it was a little bit of a chaot ideal me Will Charro went and got our food and there was a table and I sit down and the lady in the dress is like, you're sitting in my seat. I was like, oh, I'm sorry. And then I walked over to the other side of where Charle was and there was her purse right there, and I noticed it was the Purst letter because she was holding it. Later and so I noticed that she was taking a couple of seats, and then you ended up getting up and they moved into your seats. So I ended up just walking away. That's really my only loser of the wedding. That's my loser of the wedding is being.
Speaker 5: I love how you identified a person, because my loser is going to be the open seating concept, the standing the I think A winner is the buffet phenomena huge, incredible food.
Speaker 4: The things were unbelievable, flinters out there just trying to get food everywhere.
Speaker 1: I got, like, I got like a little plate. But I saw photos of the spread after Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Ohoh, even my wedding when I didn't get to have like the appetires that were going around because we had to go take photos and everything and they were all kind of gone. When I was back, I was like, fuck, man, I feel you on that.
Speaker 4: The sushi God, hey, yeah she was good too. And then you had so much the ch and the eel sauce in tubes, which is great because that's a great little thing that you always get someone the sushi, and you wish there was a little bit more of you feel kind of weird asking for those things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could drench that shit, no problem. It was so good.
Speaker 5: Another a winner, the uh, the priest, the pastor, Yes, rust David job storytelling that.
Speaker 4: Pissed me off, but it was really good. He did a really good job.
Speaker 5: The camaraderie at the toward the end of the night, like when you got to kind of you know, you were saying hi to everybody, but you get to enjoy your moments with the boys. You guys are having a great time throwing you up the ale. Oh that's a winner. But my loser was the open seating because a couple of reasons. One the one Taylor mentioned like if you're if you don't know a lot of people, like I knew our crew, and I'm sure other people from other parts of your life are like kind of trying to figure it out who's who and everything else. But when you don't know where to go, it's almost better to be told, hey, this is where you're sitting, this is where you're going, because then it kind of takes the pressure off of a situation where it's like there wasn't a whole lot of tables. You had a few standing tables, so you're trying to figure out, man, how can I sit down and eat all this? Because it was good grub, Like every different station.
Speaker 4: You' getting multiple plays too, so the whole standard had like three.
Speaker 5: Different buffets going on. It was great.
Speaker 4: It was all the time, Trivia, Gregg's, crab cakes.
Speaker 5: And It's And another reason it was a loser is because I could not hear Sidon's dad giving the speech, and I was low key getting a little fired up because the back half, if you're sitting down at your table, you kind of know when somebody's talking and everybody's quiet and watching, but nobody really knew that it was speech time and you couldn't get that. You couldn't hear anything because the back half of the room they were like partying in Mingland.
Speaker 1: And every for sure.
Speaker 5: So that was the only thing that was the only loser that I was really bummed.
Speaker 4: If we're not identifying individuals, I have one more loser of the wedding, and I don't want to feel like piling on wedding. It was a great wedding. It was a It was a great wedding. But because I knew how excited you were for your walkout song, I was bummed out for you. There wasn't that people. There wasn't like one individual like the party planner going hey, everybody, they're gonna they're walking in. Everybody stand over here, because I didn't really know you were walking into because the one was I knew is I saw you, like, hey, we're about to walk out. So I walked over and it was like our little crew and then maybe like you know, fifteen twenty other people. But the rest of the way the room was set up was like L shaped and that on the other side there was like more than half the party grabbing drinks and getting their food going to where the walkout didn't get the love it should have gotten, right, didn't go very long either. He didn't go keep it going. So you guys walked out. You guys walked out, and then I went to grab more food, came back and the dad was in the middle of the speech. I was like, damn, I want to hear these things.
Speaker 1: It's also an issue with a bigger wedding. I think there was like three p fifty there.
Speaker 5: Fun wedding winter. The people. Yeah, people at the wedding, like all your friends, the parents, everybody was awesome. Bro, Yeah, got to be wonder boy.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 4: He was great with this great Yeah, welldude, so awesome to meet you when he's like this, Yeah, just a gracious cat man, truly nice post.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like when he because his brother texted me like on Wednesday, because I was helping one of my other friends who's in the UFC that was there. I was trying to coordinate a practice session for them too, and then his brother hit me up like, Hey, what's the details for Saturday? Because back when we were in Miami, I went to go see them and I was like just kind of messing around a little bit, like Hey, y'all need to come to the wedding, like it will be awesome. And then his brother hits me up in that same text. He I was like, Hey, what's the details for Saturday. We want to come by, but we don't want to like you know, take food away from whatever since we're not like on the official list. I was like, oh, a snap, like they're really coming. So the Thompsons are the best man. And without the Thompson's, like I wouldn't have got a lot of opportunities I got in Florida because they opened up their gym to me. So I was able to shoot some stuff with Steven, and then I was able to go back down to Florida and tell these other gyms like, hey tell them like Mike's Jim, Hey, I've done stuff with wonder Boy. So like you know, I had some like legitimates to me and so like even it was so such a small act from them, but truly change like the trajectory of my life.
Speaker 4: Probably, yeah, because then you end up in Nashville.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Hey, which brings me to one more loser of the wedding. Michael Chandler. Ooh, Michael Chandlers had the invite, had the invite. We talked about it didn't go bad. Look for Mike, stand up guy, great individual, amazing family. Didn't go to the wedding. I told him to say, Hey, I'm driving there and back same day. I'll drive you. No, man, I got it. Stuff.
Speaker 1: I do need to defend the seating for there. There could have been more tables, but I'm a huge I hate sit down dinners. That's what I heard, because I think they killed the vibe. I think you lose. We had a really good crew at the wedding, so it probably wouldn't have. But almost every wedding I've been to that sit down there's like a good twenty five to thirty percent that don't get up and like get to the dance floor and the energy just falls off quick.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: Don't disagree with you, but I think the people that you.
Speaker 4: Had there for sure, you would have never had.
Speaker 5: To worry about because you got people who are just so excited, they're fun so the dance floor. Would have never because I heard I was like, that was one of JP's calls. Yeah, it's probably the only one that if you had this year before the before the wedding.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't I wouldn't have listened to you at all because I feel good about it, sitting liked it. I went there was more tables.
Speaker 4: Again, you wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: There could have been more tables for people.
Speaker 4: Could be more tables, but it's all good. Like a random move.
Speaker 7: At this last wedding that we went to, they had to sit down, and usually it really is like people just kind of trickle onto the dance floor. You don't get too much action. They were like, hey, everybody, get up from your your dinner. We're doing a group photo. Everybody at the wedding. Brought them onto the dance floor, took the photo and then it was turned down for what and like shut down.
Speaker 4: That great idea? Sure didn't you get a last minute invite?
Speaker 7: I got a very friendly invite from JP because I was at I was at a day party at Mitch's house and to save the date was on the fridge and I sent it to JP and I said, dude, I can't wait. I'm excited to come. And it was a complete joke and he sent a really friendly text message back and it was like, hey, Bro, but seriously, if you and Jill want to come through. So I appreciate you saying that, but I would never put the pressure on the guy like that. But I should have showed up. I should have showed up. That's the look I'm getting right now.
Speaker 4: I think I think your thought process was in the best intention for JP. Yeah, but obviously Slug's a good vibe.
Speaker 5: This big slug. You had had a great time. Yeah, and you heard the whole thing with wonder Boy like he still came through.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 5: I did hear that.
Speaker 7: But wonder Boy brings an energy that I could never that could never match.
Speaker 4: It's a calmness.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a fun way bro in Greenville a winner Greenville, Greensville, suuter Alna massive winner.
Speaker 1: Yes, you'll see what I'm standing on the table for it. Each week a.
Speaker 5: Six four even, just driving in a little downtown area before we went anywhere, It's like, yo, we're gonna have a solid little time here. There was stuff to do, the street market that was going on in the morning. Uh, the spots to eat. I'm talking Yelp Haven, Bro.
Speaker 1: What's crazy is like Yelp Haven. In even middle school, there was a curfew downtown so like if you were under eighteen, you had to be home like by nine because it was dangerous. And the developers that built the city, like they crushed.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, man, that's what is it? Falls Park? Yeah, great little spot.
Speaker 1: It was fun, man, glad everybody had a good time. I will say another loser.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, I'm just I was trying to figure out before I say it, if it's going to be like an emotional thing, like if I'm reacting to it, I don't think I will experience another welcome party the way you had your welcome party. There's nobody that's gonna go out of the b like that and do a pool party and you're almost curious if it's going to hit or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. And it was so good because the people that like didn't bring their swimsuits. Uh, A ton of them came up to me. They were like, man, like, I can't believe I didn't didn't bring my swimsuit. Like it raining was. They were like it raining literally felt like God was just like laughing at me, like, look at you, dumb in your little suit collared shirt. Not in the pool right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your dad tried coming out there and saying, hey, lighting might be here in like fifteen minutes, so we're gonna have to get out.
Speaker 4: Obviously it didn't happen. We said we'll die.
Speaker 1: Before we get out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: Man. It truly was like the greatest weekend ever, best weekend of my life. The honeymoon was awesome. Like I was just so thankful everybody that showed up. It was so cool to see everybody from all different walks of life and it was special.
Speaker 4: So how was it seeing sitting walk hear those church doors?
Speaker 1: Also? I was crying, like, oh sun, bro, it was It was bad, man?
Speaker 5: What hapened?
Speaker 4: You just you know?
Speaker 5: So you just immediately look at JP because you can already see that he's emotional kind of before it even starts.
Speaker 4: Moving back and forth. I was like, oh not the shoulders, bro.
Speaker 1: Well, it was my my friend, my friend Michael, because he was one of the last ones to walk down. And I've known Michael since I was like three, maybe even two, and like Michael has been through a lot of things and so like we've just I don't know, seeing him come down kind of like sparked it. I was already emotional, but I was just like man because I was in his wedding. He's the one whose photo I dressed up as the bride for his first look, and so like seeing him and just somebody that I've known since I was two or three years old, and we just like have experience of a lot of things together, mainly him going through a lot of hardships. Uh, it was just like, oh, Man, like I have photos with him from kindergarten situation, now I have photos of him at my wedding and sitting wrote me the nicest letter of all time, and like another little gift from before that. I was just like, god, dagn So.
Speaker 4: At what point during it were you like, all right, this is gonna be horror than I thought.
Speaker 1: Emotionally, probably like fifteen minutes before I went out there late. Well, she sent me the letter, and there's like this song from a movie. The movie is called ten Years. It's a great little like fun watch. The cast is crazy Oscar Isaac Channing, Tatum, Anthony Mackie, Chris Pratt, and it's like a high school ten year reunion and there's this song in it called never Had, and it's basically Oscar Isaac singing to the girl like she was the best thing he never had, and because they had like a little fling. And so Sitton rewrote some of the lyrics and had our friend Hannah Klein sing it, and she sent me the song and it was like so sweet and just like means a lot and sitting. I love that song anyways, and so I'm listening to the song and I'm just like, I mean, I was a mess in the morning and then I like it that feeling sort of subsided as we the day got ready, and then like I was like, I listened to the song one more time, and I was like I should not I have done this, but you the mental Yeah, it's just sweet. I mean, like sitting our best friends for a long time, so it's just like it's just cool. I think like her and I have a really special relationship.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. Yeah, I love I love to another Winner of the Wedding the phone that you pick up.
Speaker 1: And I can't wait. We haven't listened to it, doc, I can't wait.
Speaker 4: I did it and then once it was like, please leave a message. I was like, oh fuck. I was like, what happened. So there's obviously you know the book you can write like notes. It's like pictures and you can write notes. And but on the next to it there was a phone, like an old school phone that you pick up and it would ring and then it would say please even message for the bride and groom.
Speaker 2: After the beef.
Speaker 4: So now they have all these messages from people from the wedding. Damn. It's idea. It was a great idea.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm back.
Speaker 4: I'm so guys, but I love you. It's like an old lady behind me.
Speaker 8: She's like, I'm like, hold on one second.
Speaker 4: Get off my heart. Small break from the wedding part. People are probably sitting here watching this episode, wondering what's changed in the bus.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, because we get into with Will left. But we got some new chairs.
Speaker 4: New chairs, and so will we.
Speaker 5: Little upgrade, little upgrade, little upgrade.
Speaker 4: This was talked about on Thursday, and I get to the bus today and here like I pulled the trigger. We're doing it. It's like, all right, fuck it, And I think I personally like it.
Speaker 5: Do you like the round table as well.
Speaker 4: Yes, because there's just more room. And I love the swivel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, having the swivel is I think it helps with the guests who because then he can face us a little bit more like also in the back you.
Speaker 4: Can kind of swivel and look back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll have to figure out if there's like a fourth at some point, but that usually, like you were saying, when we were when we were like talking through last week at the restoration hardware that came, but that's like few and far in between.
Speaker 4: Yeah, having multiple game and.
Speaker 5: Once we tried it, it's like, yeah, let's just rock with this. As long as they felt comfortable.
Speaker 4: It's good to pull the trigger on things and see how it works. Yeah, I'm personally a fan of it. We inter up this episode to bring you Draft Kings. We had an appetizer last week. Now it's time to feast. College football is back. Don't miss any of the action. Jump into Draft Kings Sportsbook. It's a full slate of games in week one, including a big matchup and Atlanta. Between preseason number one and number sixteen. It's super easy for first timers to get started. Try betting on something simple like picking a team to win. Go to the DraftKings sports Book app, select your team and place your first bet. This is going to be DraftKings' biggest college football season to date. To enjoy the ride now all the way through the expanded playoffs. And for all you newbies getting into the college sphere, here's something extra special. New DraftKings customers. Bet five dollars to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score big with DraftKings all college football seats all college football season long. Down with the Draft Kings Sportsbook app now and use code bus that's code bus b us for new customers to get two hundred dollars two dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The crown is yours. Let's get back to the episode.
Speaker 5: You guys know that I hate bringing up like anything that could be a little too that could create drama, you know, But I do feel like we have to just throw just put it out there, just reporting. This isn't me wanting to cause anything whatsoever. Did you feel any type of way about Taylor is supposed to be driving and then he left that night again.
Speaker 4: And I do want to say this too. If you do feel some type of way, I completely understand.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't hold grudges, so like I haven't carried it with me once, you know, once the wedding day was over, but I was. I was taken aback.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you came and.
Speaker 1: Broke the news to me, because I also heard the wedding planners came and spoke to you and then they locked it in with you. Yeah, So I think it was the fact that was locked in, and I was excited. I told people. I was like, man, I'm stoked. Like Taylor, he's taking us off. The photos are going to be hilarious, Like he.
Speaker 4: Would have to officiate. Yeah, yeah, I would have probably done just as good as a job.
Speaker 1: Well I guess, like, how do we know you would have shown you wouldn't have No, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I get that. Here was My whole thing was is I was traveling a lot. The lot the two days before that. I get back and I drove that day and my head Taylor had been gone. Her flight was like bumped around a lot because there was like weather in Toronto, so she was pushed and so I was going to be able to see him the weekend before, but ended up I had to leave and then they were getting back. They didn't get back until we were actually in Wisconsin for camp barstools. So but at the time I thought they were getting back in town at like nine am, ten am. So I was selfishly thinking to myself, man, like, will it's not drinking. I would love to get back on the road and just be a home so I can my family and see them. Was it been like a week or something like that. And then you know, Karme is a bitch because I ended up leaving. I get a call from Tanna at like three in the morning. I've been like two hours. She was like, our flight got canceled. So you know, if you do it all over again, I would have absolutely done it. But I was. I wasn't necessarily being as present minded for you as I should have been. I should have stayed and just powered through that drive late at night.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you making the trip from Arizona to Greenville.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that, and I should I should drove. I'll make it up to you. I'll figure out a way to make up.
Speaker 1: You got me one of the best wedding gifts ever.
Speaker 4: But you see, so two weeks ago you were like, this is the best gift, and I was like, bro, I'm telling you there's someone's gonna come out of nowhere. Someone's gonna come out of nowhere. And at the wedding, I was like, hey, is it still staying. You're like, unfortunately, no, shout out Grammy, shout out, shout out Grammy. But it was a good gift. Yeah, a gift you could have been on.
Speaker 5: I have one for him coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, say it was my birthday gift. You'll get that. That's your five year wedding anniversary. You guys still be like, here's a wedding gift that's.
Speaker 5: Still sitting in the truck I had. I had that for your birthday.
Speaker 4: The truckle outside right now. Yeah, don't give it to me until you give.
Speaker 5: You how many run on and get it right now? No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, I'll we'll exchange gifts on September fifth. Okay, I'm just looking at I can go grab it. No, I don't want to love it. You're gonna love it. Grab it, you're gonna love it, love it. I always feel uncomfortable receiving gifts in front of people. So get it all right, this is let's go.
Speaker 1: What do you think it would be? Originally I feel like it was going to be a book.
Speaker 4: Probably will be. It'll probably be The Daily Dad, which he thinks I don't read, but I've sent him multiple photos of me reading it. Also, Michigan favored by twenty one and a half against Fresno State. Take that run with it. Set the tone. Tennessee's favored by thirty nine and a half. Yeah, well, I can't feel time, can't feel time. Battle of the State wrapping is incredible. It's a dish of some sort. Just open it up.
Speaker 5: Hearts pound check.
Speaker 1: For one million dollars.
Speaker 2: That would be something.
Speaker 4: That's a good gift. Yeah, that's a good gift. Don't show her body. The best revenge is massive success. Frank Sinatrak, put your keys on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, lost in the past. That is nice for my life.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's a great gift. That's a great gift, dude, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Best gift ever ever, It's ever I've never received the gift. Best gift you've ever received.
Speaker 5: On August twenty sixth until twenty twenty four, Yes, no doubt, it's all I needed. Make sure you take that home and I expect you put that, expect you to send me a photo of it being used.
Speaker 4: Okay, So there's there's some.
Speaker 5: Here's why, okay, because then I know you'll start utilizing it. It won't be a gift that just like I'm not a gift, but it won't be a thing that's just like throwing the side, because that will benefit your life. As men, we do a bad job of leaving stuff in our pockets that were chilling. I'll remember where I put this. Then you're looking everywhere for me and you never find it. Just the spot that you come in at every day. Have it setting somewhere so that you can put your stuff on it and you just stick to it and it'll change your life.
Speaker 1: And it's not like you can just buy those anywhere.
Speaker 5: You can't get no. Yeah, this is like as you were as you were saying, that's like, what that's a top three quote of yours.
Speaker 4: I know, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's an awesome quote. I have that Neon sign in my recovery room.
Speaker 5: I saw it. I was like, Taylor birthday, this is gonna be birthday.
Speaker 1: It's a great gift.
Speaker 4: And as like I always thought to myself, like, where am I gonna put this key? I don't have like a a table stand by my door.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to work through your as well.
Speaker 4: As you were saying that, I was like, oh yeah, I'm gonna put that in my bathroom because at night, I have this little shelf I put my wallet, my keys and everything on. Now I'm just gonna put that in there.
Speaker 5: I think it's so funny that it's like, the bathroom is a spot where you're back, I'll put my wall keys.
Speaker 4: But it makes sense. Yeah, because he's got my stuff boom. Yeah, it's about it making it there when I get home.
Speaker 5: That's why I need the photo.
Speaker 4: Now we'll cut. We'll cut this part. We'll cut this part right here, Mitch, so makes you cut this part. I don't leave my keys in my vehicle. Yeah, I don't even you do. Yeah, I had my truck right now the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But when I get home, yeah, I just I just leave.
Speaker 5: I've gotten better bringing my keys in and putting them on the thing. But I'm I was the same way.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Even my car got stolen twice and I still get my car back. That's keys. Yeah. Yeah, as you were driving my gift. I did just lightly put out there that Michigan's favored by twenty one and a half and they should take.
Speaker 5: That bet twenty one and a half against too on President State. Let me scroll through since we yeah, since we don't have the gambling show this week, it's probably let people know where heads are at.
Speaker 4: A wild parlay out there, A wild parlay by the by the slug.
Speaker 7: Presented by the Slugs.
Speaker 4: Now, let's let's start with this game first. Let's we'll do We'll just start with this.
Speaker 7: We'll start with this.
Speaker 4: We are traveling to Texas. A and M for Texas and M versus Notre Dame. A and M is favored by three points.
Speaker 5: There's a twisted ttail gate happening from three to six pm that the boys will be at. So come look us up outside of Kyle Field right, just to let you guys know about.
Speaker 4: I think I'm going A and M. Are you really?
Speaker 5: A and M's favored by three But there's just something in the air that makes me think like maybe they'll be tough this year because they have some insane recruiting classes. Obviously they have a new staff. They're gonna come out fired up, especially cayle Field, Like that place is one of the loudest places in collegefora I heard.
Speaker 4: I actually, I can't wait to hear.
Speaker 5: You're gonna love it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: We got you know, we got ref screwed us over in our game at cayle Field.
Speaker 4: And that's legit, that's legit. Sherman had a couple of good points about Notre Dame. I like you to say those before I make my pick. Okay, do you want to tee it up for you? Yeah? Okay. Sherman does not like Notre Dame. He's not a fan of it at all. But these got receipts behind It's not just because oh I don't like their colors. Like me personally growing up, I was never a fan of Notre Dame just because of I just wells as a kid. As a kid when you look at schools, Oh, that school is cool to me for X, Y and Z, like when we were in high school, Like Oregon is cool. Look at all the uniforms they have this, you know, Alabama was cool because they're winning all the time. When I look at Notre Dame, I never really had that like fire of like oh sick, yeah, I love them. Yeah, you look at Notre Dame and I thought, like college football. Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 7: Sure, okay, So growing up as a I grew up in Fort Worth, Texas. My entire family, they're all horned frogs. I was grown up a huge fan of TCU. We would have these teams like the Rose Bowl team that beat JJ Watts Wisconsin team. Great TCU teams come through. They don't get the BCS bid, they don't get to go to the ship. But these Notre Dame suspect Notre Dame teams every single time in the media. They're the media darlings. They're always making the big games. They're over in every single New Year six BCS and CFP game they are over and I believe it's like over six. And that's what drives me crazy is looking at if you look at their schedule this year, this A and M game is it?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 7: Really it like week one. If they beat A and M. I would not be surprised if they went undefeated. They play nobody, they don't have to play in the conference championship, which is a huge loss for like Georgia. That Georgia team that didn't get to play in the CFP last year. Would you have won your Michigan Wolverine's lineup against that Georgia team last year? You wouldn't feel comfortable about it. But you wouldn't feel comfortable about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you don't feel that when you're when you're in the dance, brother, every team's good.
Speaker 7: Well, would Notre Dame scare you in the dance or would you go, thank god we get to play Notre Dame.
Speaker 4: I think the team I was able to support last year, I would be like, thank god I have this team, Oh for sure.
Speaker 5: But you would rather you either see a draw of Notre Dame than Bama.
Speaker 4: I think at the point, yes, I think at the point we were with the SEC. Now he's kind of been like de crowned. Thank you. It's like at that point, it's like, yo, Alabama, Georgia. You look at any of those teams, you're like, oh fuck, that's a big bad wolf. Now it's like that's just the second best conference.
Speaker 7: They've also been outscored by like forty seven combined points in their CFP games, Like they just don't perform.
Speaker 4: So you're saying Notre Dame for fraudulent score.
Speaker 7: I just think they're fraudulent, and I think I think they'll probably get the win this weekend, and I think they'll probably go undefeated for the rest of the season. It really drives me nuts.
Speaker 5: So you're taking Notre Dame and you're gonna go money.
Speaker 7: I would take Notre Dame.
Speaker 4: With the new.
Speaker 7: Texas A and M is really hard to beat at Kyle Field, but with their new coach, a lot of things moving around, I haven't seen anything promising from quarterback play from A and M in a while. I would take Notre Dame. They have a really good transfer quarterback. I don't remember his name. Yeah, dude was solid before he got hurt at Duke. He was so solid. If he's playing like he did at Duke, they get out there with.
Speaker 5: The w see. I think I think you take the minus three with A and M. But what I will be doing I'll be using my heart because I know Shane.
Speaker 4: He will be there, he will be in attendance this weekend.
Speaker 5: I can't just sit there and ride against I can't sit there and write against my guy. I'll be going Notre Dame money line on the DraftKings app. But I do think A and M minus three is a that's the play.
Speaker 4: Would be the play Are you wearing Notre Dame stuff too?
Speaker 5: Not? Can't do that? A and M's allowing us to come and be on the sideline like I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't do that. Yeah, yeah, it's either neutral colors or A.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have to for sure have to.
Speaker 4: But that's kind of my thought.
Speaker 7: I love that thought.
Speaker 5: Where are you going?
Speaker 4: It's hard because I really thought watching f SU forsus Georgia Tech, I was like, FU is gonna wipe the floor, but not realizing that new season, new people, getting the rust off and all that, I think the edge is gonna go to the home team in this situation. I think there's a lot more pressure. Like listen to Utah Notre Dame. This is their one big game this year, and even if they lose this game, they could win out the rest of their games and still make the College Football Playoff, like you like to say, because ND gets that like college football privilege. So and A and M is twenty. They're on the outside looking at know that every they're gonna have to work their way into the top twelve. So I'm gonna take A and M. I'm gonna I'm gonna have to take A and M boys.
Speaker 8: I don't have too much information backing. I don't follow A and M and note M too well. But I am curious outside of the gambling perspective to see the yell leaders in person. And I'm not gonna say anything nasty because A and M has been gracious enough to host us. But I'm interested to see this cult mentality that they have building at A and M. I think that's gonna be fun. But if I had to pick a winner, I've heard that Kyle Field is extremely loud being the first game of the season, shaking the rust off everything. I think they can get a good homed up so and I'd like to see A and M win for the sake of our experience. So I think I'll be not rooting for A and M, but rooting for a good environment, which usually ends with a home team win. So hopefully it's the Aggies.
Speaker 4: But good thought process to have. That's a good thought process.
Speaker 8: We see with the yell leaders still in question always that's.
Speaker 4: All right, yeah, it's okay, well sorry, and then there's nothing wrong with asking questions curiosity.
Speaker 1: I'm most excited to see the dog they got Ah they got a yeah, like a border Collie shell tea maybe or reverly can't wait to meet you. Seen a lot of great things about you. With that being said, I did grow up Catholic, so I do have to have to rock with with Notre Dame. And I get I didn't know Shane was going to be there, so I'll be rocking. I'll be on the ship train. I'm also on the shame train with the game calls. Will also win this week. Yeah, I'm going Notre Dame all right.
Speaker 5: I like Georgia minus thirteen and a half over Clemson. Yes, I think Georgia will wipe the floor with.
Speaker 1: Them in Atlanta.
Speaker 5: And I always feel like, especially the last few years. It doesn't jp correct me if I'm wrong, but they Clemson doesn't usually start off that well or they have in years in recent years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they never have any hard games in the beginning.
Speaker 5: So I like Georgia minus thirteen and a half then bet and Clemson has kind of falling apart too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really, the marriage between Dabbo and I think the current college football because he doesn't like the portal, he doesn't like an il. Obviously, they're paying guys but he like is out there, like we don't need to go to the portal, like our recruiting classes are portal. Like you weren't good enough to come here in the first place. Yeah you guys, Yeah, both like guys.
Speaker 4: You like Georgia, Yeahgia. I think Georgia's a tough ball club this year. Oh yeah, every day.
Speaker 5: That's a team that's one that's won like thirty something and one in the last few years.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is this is more of a hope than anything. But I hope Colorado covers against North Dakota State, their favorite at nine and a half.
Speaker 5: That is a game, I'm telling you. And it's not because Colorado is going into Nebraska the next week. I just think you cannot sleep on North Dakota State, like they're like a legacy team in the D one double a world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I really just think about us in our experience. If Nebraska and Colorado are both undefeated, Michigan and Texas both undefeated, going to those two schools next week, it's just gonna make it more fun.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if Colorado lays an egg against North d Coota, it's like, well, fuck man, Like not really, I.
Speaker 5: Don't want them to be pissed off going into Lincoln.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think that just the storylines play up more like good. I'm with you, a solid rivalry.
Speaker 5: Colorado can win, But I'm taking in the nine and a half with North Dakota State. Dude, I don't know. I those teams. It's like they usually have a you know, non conference game that's just like their super Bowl. And I'm telling you they're gonna be a well coached team.
Speaker 7: Montana State this last weekend. Yeah, they came to play. I do have that five leg parlay dial h.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's let's hear that.
Speaker 5: Hang on, let me go one more. Miami minus two and a half at Florida. I like Miami. I think Miami can win the ACC this year, and I think Miami can be in the College Football playoff. Man, I'm kind of wanting to buy Virginia Tech two. But Miami minus two and a half at Florida. I also like LSU minus.
Speaker 4: Four and a half at USC. I like Lsu. I went those are my picks.
Speaker 7: I went the opposite direction as you on both votech and Miami. I got Florida money line, West Virginia money line, Vanderbilt money line.
Speaker 5: Who's Vandy plan Tech?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: I got TCU to cover in Oklahoma State to cover. That's my parlay.
Speaker 5: Money lines plus four.
Speaker 7: Oh, they're they're high. The odds are high. We're looking at plus fourteen thousand.
Speaker 4: There ain't no way Vandy's beat Virginia Tech. I hope you're wrong because I took bader Belt money line.
Speaker 5: Come on, I like I like North Dakota State with the points. I like again Heart Notre Dame money line. I like l s U a USC covering, and I like Miami covering at Florida, and I like Georgia covering at home against Clemson.
Speaker 4: Those are mine.
Speaker 6: I like Georgia.
Speaker 7: I don't think Georgia is just gonna cover.
Speaker 5: And you want a futures bet, we already know that. I'm I'm all about this. But the over under from the brsca's win total seven and.
Speaker 4: A half.
Speaker 5: Over and a half this weekend, we we're not gonna touch that. If there's anything I've learned, it's just not bet on Nebraska games, because if I bet the cover there and you know, Nebraska wins, I'm like gonna be bummed if they don't cover. You know what I mean, I don't.
Speaker 4: Like being in that massive line too.
Speaker 5: I'll probably take the money line just in the parlay or something.
Speaker 4: In these early games where like good teams are playing really bad teams, like Ohio States favored by fifty and a half versus Akron. I think you get to a point where you're pulling your starters at halftime and it doesn't get to a fifty point deficit. So I would take Akron in that.
Speaker 5: But imagine even the second Imagine the third team Alabama against Alabama. Yeah, oh hot, imagine third team Oha State playing against Akron. They're covering that. If it was eighteen and a half.
Speaker 4: South Carolina's fair by twenty and a half. It's old dominion.
Speaker 5: South Carolina could be scrappy this year.
Speaker 4: Now, one team that I like that has a that has a big number attached to them is Tennessee. There thirty eight and a half, and the remember the argument last year when Jack and I were going toes on Michigan and Tennessee, and like, good teams always covered, Tennessee always happened to cover these types of games. So I would leading Tennessee and they go and a half. Yeah, they got a lot of firepower. Everyone everyone saying that kids, the the truth could be stollic by Jack right now. Yeah, he's got.
Speaker 5: All you know, it's game week.
Speaker 4: It's game week.
Speaker 5: He's got to reel it in slow Burn.
Speaker 4: And well, I don't know, I want to talk about it.
Speaker 2: What we're doing today?
Speaker 4: Oh, we're going to Tennessee today. Yeah, we're driving to Tennessee today.
Speaker 2: Not to give the full details, but yeah.
Speaker 5: We're going a little sneak peek. We got a white whale joining us for an interview next week. Can we give one hint white whale.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give massive hint, massive bore it is he's an officer of the law. Yeah, we can get that. If that's too that's too much.
Speaker 8: Are we gonna post about it later today, like where it would even matter? Or are we gonna save that?
Speaker 4: That's true, let's go. He doesn't do a lot of interviews either. I know. Hey, he text us over his foot bump.
Speaker 5: He did text us with the with the PM at the end, he like thanked us for coming on the Manning cast.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, and I think he sent us the photo at the end of the year where he's like Eli did most of the drawings. I don't remember that he said something like that and then it was PM.
Speaker 4: But it's gonna be awesome. One thing I want to know about you ever heard you heard the story McAfee tell us about Roulette Team. I want to know if that's true. I think it is right.
Speaker 5: I mean, you've got a story that they tell I think that they've told often.
Speaker 4: Has he told him?
Speaker 5: He was on the they were on the Magnet Show talking about him.
Speaker 4: Well, there it is. I guess I got my answer. Oh, we got speaking up. We got to be impacking for Knoxville.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got to get in the Will Evis. People are here for Will Levis. Let's dive into Will Evis. This he was an incredible guest. It's an awesome interview.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: We of course obviously talk about Mayo, what else? And Yeah, that's a great show. Yeah, you're guys gonna enjoy it. We literally just did it five minutes ago. If you've lasted this long and you're not subscribed, had just pressed the button, Yeah, just pressed the button. And Gambling Show the Locker Room.
Speaker 5: We'll be debuting next Thursday, So that's where a lot of our football talk and picks will be happening with the one and only Delaney Walking, and we're evolving fourth Chair a little bit this year.
Speaker 4: It'll be fun before we get an episode. Will love us. This episode is brought to you by Body Armor Zero Sugar, the brand the brand new zero Sugar sports drink from our friends at body Armor provides real hydration with no artificial sweeteners or dies. Whether you're looking to stay hydrated or recover from a long weekend, body Arm or Zero Sugar has got you covered with great tasting flavors like fruit punch and lemon lime. Get yours today at Walmart or at a local grocery store near you. Let's get in the episode with Will Levis. Let's pro move.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: As we were sitting on the bus, Will Levis our guests, who should give a rid of the blaster? Right now? Give a I will say this.
Speaker 5: We've been asking him for years.
Speaker 4: First Titans quarterback? Really, first Titans quarterback on the bus? Yeah, you're right, isn't that crazy? I was thinking about that and Marcus has always said, yeah, come on, but then something always comes up. Yeah, So the first Tennessee Titans quarterback to ever step on it, Let's give him one more. Let's give him one more. But you're asking as we're getting on, what's changed in the bus, and literally up until you stiff on this bus. Not a whole lot. Maybe a couple of these pictures back here. But these chairs chairs are new new. Will and I went, Will be.
Speaker 5: Scared about this?
Speaker 4: Mike, Yeah, well, comp and I we went to restoration hardware. What was it Thursday? Yeah, Tuesday days one of those days, and we were talking about doing chairs all that. We're talking to a lady who was very nice, talking about a discount. We almost got there. We kind of got there, and then all of a sudden, Hey, Wyon, don't you sleep on it. I get here to day and was like, hey, I'm pulling the trigger. Now I'm on the bus and we're learning this for the first time.
Speaker 2: There we go going from seventy dollars Amazon chairs to some some rh ones.
Speaker 5: Yeah, these are nice, he's about u. No, these are like five hund though.
Speaker 4: Are they really?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Contract to your contract a little bit, yeah, illrustration hard that's a different ball. That's yeah, game changer. It's a game changer.
Speaker 5: We're getting a few though, we're for the gambling show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'll be a nice little deal. Yeah, the locker room. Huh, dude, let's talk about first year you're with Rabel, second year here with Callahan. It just seems like in these couple of preseason games I've seen, it's the first time since I've been in the Tennessee Titans world that I can't guess what you guys are doing next. Does it feel nice to have some variety in your playbook?
Speaker 2: I mean, I love their offense we had last year and rabes it will always play a huge role in my development as a player. And Calli's coming in and doing a great job with the identity he wants to establish with what we got going on, and I love it. I mean, it's I think it suits my traits and it does a good job of focusing on the talent that we have across the board and distributing it evenly. So the additions we made in the offseason were awesome, and Cali has just done a great job of pulling everything you can out of the playbook to let guys go out and make plays and do them fast and easily. I feel like the biggest thing has just been completions have been out there, and then We've just been able to take them and move on, and the shots come, and we understand that as we take more of those completions that are a little quicker and easier than those shots will come. And all the other stuff with every single different run scheme we've put on tape already in the first three games of the preseason and our screen game and everything else, it's just a very complimentary offense and I uh, I'm excited to see kind of how it's going to evolve throughout the year.
Speaker 5: As a quarterback, what do you feel like you've learned? What are a couple of tidbits you feel like you've learned the most, because obviously Cally he comes from Cincinnati, He's worked with somebody like Burrow, and then when Burrow went down last year was what was his name, Jacob Browning?
Speaker 4: He ends up he ends up bawling as well.
Speaker 5: But you got you talk about the variety of offensive and everything else, Like, what's something What are a couple of tidbits like in the film room that you feel like you've picked up on that you've learned from Cali.
Speaker 2: I think just playing within the system and really understanding the intent of the play that is putting that he's putting out there, And like I said, I just feel like the concepts that were majoring in are a little different actually than the concepts that I've typically majored in the in the straight drop back pass game and my previous offenses. And at first, it's like just kind of weird because you're not even throwing a lot of those balls. You haven't read routes or concepts that way. But after doing it the first few times like it, it becomes more natural and you start to learn the intents of the plays and why and when the intent isn't there and why it's not there, and then what your next option is. Like it's just been coming really naturally, and I really liked how it's developed. And then physically too, I can't remember the last time I had a quarterback coach that helped me from the mechanics and just like physical throwing standpoint, he just kind of threw some suggestions out there with what he saw from me from the beginning of spring to the end of spring. And I'm always gonna take anything any of my coaches says with an open mind. And I implemented a couple of things into my game on one of which I really kind of did stick with and that's been helping me a lot. So that's been cool, Like playing with my bass, playing with my mechanics, talking to a guy who's seen so many quarterbacks and worked so many to understand the different things that go into the position. That's cool to hear from a head coach talk about the I want.
Speaker 4: To talk what the hogs, dude, because obviously count Brian Kin comes in, he brings his dad, and just watch in these couple of preseason games, it seems like the offensive line is playing with a whole lot of confidence. Obviously, you pay your center fifty million dollars. You take a guy JC Latham in the first round, h Scronsky, who was a first runner eleventh overall last year. But then Dylan Raiden's who is going to a fourth year. I think this is his fourth year and he's kind of been jumping in was he a tackle? Is a guard? And now he's like cemented himself as a starter, Like are these these boys seem like they've really putting it together? Have you seen a dramatic drump from your rookie year to now?
Speaker 2: There there's been a big jump in confidence, and I think just work ethic too, Like Bill has been on those guys to really make sure they're coming out there with you know, their their head on swivel and really know o Bill Kelley. Oh yeah, no doubt he's He's just been such a pleasure in the building. And I think it's it's a tone that he's set from day one that that they have ran along right with him and every day after practice, the extra indie work, the constant you know, the meetings and the terminology and I guess physical like body positioning and hand placement stuff that he talks about with these guys that the attention to detail is something that like I've never heard before in that position. So it's really cool to to hear and to see these guys work to implement them when we get out there in practice and obviously in the game. So far, I've done a really good job. So I felt comfortable back there. I feel like I have the time I need. You mentioned Dylan him stepping up for uh, you know Sadiq, something we didn't necessarily uh expect, and and that was just a crazy situation and we're wishing them the best and but Dylan has just taken that opportunity, uh, head on, and it's done really good job with it. So all those guys, you know, everyone that's competing up there, even even our backups, have been really impressed with how they've been able to work with with Bill and you know the mentality that Bil was established with that room.
Speaker 4: How go ahead? Did you have something I wanted?
Speaker 5: If it was a different topic.
Speaker 4: I was gonna see that talk about the level of protection last year when you when you started obviously game against Atlanta was unbelievable. Then after that a lot of people it was like a SIV a little bit through the offensive line. No disrespect to them, but just statistically it was what it was. You took a lot of shots. How did that then affect your confidence at all last year and then seeing the kind of difference this year so far?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I know. It's not like you take a couple of hits and you start playing the game differently. You can't really think of it that way. It's more of a reaction thing, and you can't go into a drop back pass without the confidence that you have the time to make the read that you that you need to. So it's not like I was like going into anything differently, but I do feel like I'm more confident, and it's just a testament to how they've worked and the development that they've made throughout the offseason and just the good football they've put on tape throughout camp, and it's been really big. And I've just been trying to do my best to instill even more confidence in them, and Bill's continuing to push them as hard as you can, and I know that they're nowhere near where they want to be yet, and I know as well as no one else is on the offense as well. So just looking forward to keep getting better and pushing these guys for when the real deal comes in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: So, dude, as a as a rookie, what was it like for you ultimately taking over the rule of the starting quarterback Tannehill? He was down, he was injured. You come in, you play well. The job is basically yours when he comes back. Like, walk us through that, walk us through those couple weeks, because that's always like, I mean, we've all been in the locker room when a position change happens or somebody takes over a starting spot, you're kind of wondering how you know the starter's feeling, like.
Speaker 4: You just know what it is.
Speaker 5: Ultimately, you have to suppress your emotion because we sacrifice for the team, so you have to put your own personal agenda aside to ultimately, Like I'm sure Ryan was a good teammate, even though probably internally he might not have wanted to be. But for you in your spot being a rookie and that moment happening, what was that like for you in that moment?
Speaker 2: It's tough because you know, every quarterback I feel like they obviously want to be that guy so bad no matter what your position you're in, Like one quarterback play is like, it's such a tough position to be at a backup quarterback just because like you know, unless you know, borrowing an injury or something crazy happening, you're probably not getting me get a shot on that Sunday. So it's doing everything you can with your actions throughout the week and and whatever other role that you're put in to to be a leader in the other ways. But it's it's it's you're never gonna get to that same kind of level or exposure that the starter is that you're going to be able to you know, touch and affect the people that you might want to if you're a backup. So to be kind of thrown into that role like suddenly halfway through the year and not having that off season of like knowing you're the guy to kind of just.
Speaker 5: Put your kind of like fingerprints.
Speaker 2: Exactly to mesh with the rest of the locker room, you know, I didn't really have that, And being a rookie too, it's uh, it just it was it was a lot more difficult, but uh it made me. It didn't really give me an excuse to not be the leader that I wanted to, but it just gave me time to warm up to that and to use that year, that second half of that season to understand kind of what I feel like leadership should look like at the quarterback position, more looking from outside in and just getting more comfortable growing in that role. And that was my biggest kind of goal for this offseason too, was to continue developing in that and to roll into this season with a better identity as a quarterback, as a leader, as a person, as a teammate. And that's really what I was focused on. But the beginning of that process was really really hard because you're, you know, stepping in for a guy that has won a whole lot of games for this organization, will go down as one of the best quarterbacks this organizations ever had. And it's tough to just kind of flip the switch and be like, all right, now it's your turn. And you can't just try to pick off where Ryan left off and do the same things that he was doing. You have to kind of find your own flair and find your own way of doing things. So that process was difficult, but it was a lot of fun at the same time. And I got to thank Artie too for how he handled that process. Because anytime any guys loses a position like that, there's two ways you can go with it. You can kind of not give the guy any attention, or you can be the best team that you can be. And that's that's what Ryan did, and he helped me immensely throughout that whole process, So I got to thank him for that.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. You say that because in the beginning, when you first get drafted at thirty three, Tannehill has that press conference that was kind of going around It's like, oh, it's not my job to essentially help you take Tannehill's job, which is which is true, which is true, but it kind of starts the narrative right that everybody wants to do in the media cycle of like, oh, Tannehill's not helping Will. Now there's a little bit of a rival be going on there instead of like a you know, older vet comes is here, young guy comes in help him up as much as possible. Was there a transition or was he helpful from the beginning where he was kind of fighting it and then all of a sudden you become a starting job He's like, I can do whatever I can to help you. Or was it pretty good from the start to finish.
Speaker 2: I think what he meant by that was just like I'm not gonna you know, groom this guy to be the starting quarterback, but he's still going to. I mean, he didn't say it, but he still answered anything I ever had to ask him. He wasn't going to go out of his way to do those things. But he was always open and you know, very communicative with what he was seeing, you know, how he saw things and how it could help me. And he was he was never you know, he didn't avoid that at all ever. So now he from day one. He was a great teammate and treated everybody and me and everybody in the quarterback room the right way. So yeah, nothing really else we said.
Speaker 5: There going back to draft night, how'd you feel? What was your emotion like, like ultimately falling to thirty three. I know it was like there's a range of where Will Levice could go, but ultimately falling to thirty three your emotion when you did get drafted juiced me up. But I'm sure there was a lot on your mind up until that point.
Speaker 2: No doubt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a lot long process, you know, going through that whole year, throughout my whole senior season, in kind of hearing the things I was hearing from the people that I trusted about, you know, potential for the draft and stayed and stayed steady in that first round kind of grade the entire year. And it was cool to to to see that and hear those things, and you know, despite the stressful season that I had not the greatest way that I wanted to end my college career, but still based on what I'd heard, had a really good shot there at going and first round, first half of the first round even, Yeah, pretty cool to.
Speaker 5: What conversations are you having with teams too, like to where you're even in cement you even more in the thinking I don't know exactly where I'm going to go, but it seems like I could go.
Speaker 2: In the first half the dayble one exactly the top thirty visits, I was taking the interviews that I was having with these teams. You know, some teams at the end of the first round were kind of like not even telling me, like, you know, I'm not probably not going to be there when we're there anyways, so like, you know, nice to meet you, but yeah, so it would.
Speaker 4: Be a great feeling when they said that tea, Yeah, I was like, you probably won't be there, but they're looking at your career and you're like, might not be there?
Speaker 2: Actually no, I mean, but we got there, and you know, I was already I got my nice suit on. I rented I think a like one hundred thousand dollars Paddock to send it back next day, sent it back, didn't even get seen with itally, It's a smart move.
Speaker 4: Smart move.
Speaker 2: Gosh what I was happening that day we were on the red carpet in Kansas City. I got I got everyone at the draft on the red carpet that did this interview got a hundred inch television from a brand that I won't say, you know, no free shows, smart smart, but you know, every they're expecting everyone in the draft to have first round money, to be able to have a nice big house to put this hundred inch TV in, right, you know, get a nice big wall. I Meanwhile, I'm over here, you know, second round money in my one bedroom apartment taking up the entire time.
Speaker 4: That might be even better. Actually, it might be even better.
Speaker 2: There's mom and dad y that was that was on though. That was really cool. And then just sitting there in that room, we knew that if it got past uh really the Titans first round pick, it might be a long night and instead of uh and if someone didn't trade up for me towards the end of that first round. So you were kind of just waiting on that, waiting on that, like waiting on maybe a phone call. And I think I picked twenty nine. Get a phone call from somebody. It was a prank call from somebody.
Speaker 4: You got a prank calls somebody you knew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no random number, my god, So I still have the numbers saved. I'll find them someday.
Speaker 4: Your wheels out for vengeance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a conversation. No, they just they just like did you seturd? And like hung up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they laughed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: God, And at twenty nine you got it. You're sitting there, think how the fun again.
Speaker 2: I literally got off the phone. I said, let's go guys.
Speaker 4: Really. Yeah, you didn't say for the last three picks?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I think it was in between thirty and thirty one. Maybe not twenty n yeah, because there's only thirty one picks.
Speaker 4: Dude, what is the feeling like? What is the feeling like when the Titans one goes by? So you and your pants are sitting there and you're like, it's probably gonna be a long night. But now you're getting to the twenties and more and more cameras are coming towards now. It essentially goes from hey, yeah the pick is in. Oh, this is who it's picked. Now let's go to Will Levis and see what his facial expression is doing, which is, buddy, that's got to be.
Speaker 1: What else do you know? I mean, we did a good job. He just kept it.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you are, that's your Mom right there. Yeah, I'm sure you're like, Mom, Please, for the love of God, you're making it straight. Just look, just please, just stare into the distance.
Speaker 2: There was one point where we were playing cards. I brought cards. They didn't want to film that. I don't know why, but it was like, it's like playing, just messing around.
Speaker 4: And so you at thirty you're like, I'm getting I'm getting the hell out of here.
Speaker 2: I think it was just as the last pick was coming in, but in between the thirty thirty first I think that's when the call came and we're like, yeah, let's let's pack the show up and go back to the hotel. I think there was a rack of shake Shacks Burgers waiting for us celebratory four and then went to bed.
Speaker 4: All the emotions all right.
Speaker 5: We interrupt this episode to bring you game Time. Football season is here and we can't wait to get out to some great games as fallen and with the help of game Time, the official ticketing partner of Barstool Sports. You know how much we love game Time. I love game Time Now with their brand new game Time Picks feature, they're making it even easier to get to a game. The game Time picks filter The game Time Picks filters out the fluff to show you only incredible deals on great seats, so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of different tickets out there. Just pull up your chosen event and turn on the GT picks setting at the top of the screen, or browse the best local game Time Picks deal near you on your game Time at homepage. What are you waiting for? Boys? Go to game Time buy your tickets today. It is week one to college football season. Whether you're in whether you're around A and M college station. You want to buy tickets at a college station game, whether you're in Florida, gonna go to the Miami Florida game Download the game Time app today and use code busting to easily score great deals with the new game time picks. What time is it?
Speaker 4: Game Time?
Speaker 5: Back to the episode Dude, who who do you feel like? In your own selfish brain, feel like oki doch you the most to where? Maybe you were excited to potentially go there, and you felt like you were getting kind of the best vibe of going there, and they didn't end up getting you to where. Maybe it's like you know, you can't wait to get it back one day.
Speaker 4: Maybe it could be the Titans. Well the Titans, yeah, yeah, but it's like, yo, y'all could have picked me out one. You're in your first round pick at eleven? What are y'all doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I mean, that's true.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there was a piece of you. At first. There was like fuck the Titans.
Speaker 2: And every day and try to show them that I should have been their first round pick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but against every day like you son up a bitch.
Speaker 2: Hey, they made a good pick with him. I love Pete, but now I'm not gonna give anybody any you know. But there were definitely just few teams. I think the ones that I thought I had a good shot at going to there was actually murmurs. I think a lot of people were putting bets on me to go first overall, not a lot, but like some because like someone on Reddit had leaked that I had told like a family member or something that Carolina was going to pick me number one. Overall, that didn't happen. I told my family the opposite. I said that they were not gonna pick me. They pretty much told me it was like a formality to invite.
Speaker 5: Me in Yeah for real now, but just like checking a box so they can throw them off the sin.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was just the vibe I got. But no I knew, I knew, I confident I wasn't going there. You know, I wasn't feeling great about Houston, but Indy. I felt good about Atlanta, I felt decent about I don't know, like Vegas. There was a few few other teams, but Tennessee and Indy were the two that I felt were really vibling with me most.
Speaker 4: But so it's Andy you like to play against.
Speaker 2: I mean, I want to beat any anybody in a division, especially but Andy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really staying and by the way, you're phenomenal at the politically correct media, like you've been well trained, no doubt, But we all know it's Indy Cults. Anthony Richardson getches his shoulder. Will was like, I'm kidding, dude.
Speaker 5: You had an interesting journey in college too, Like you were with Penn State for what three or eight years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, two and a half years. Really, I got my undergrad there and then I was in the right in the middle of the There's a lot of big changes in the college landscape during my college career because you had to be a graduate to be immediately eligible before the transfer portal, and then when I transferred, that was right when they established the transfer portal, so I didn't really have to be a graduate. But that's what I was like on track for because I wanted to be able to play right away. So transferred to UH Kentucky and then had two seasons there and caught it for the last year of NIL too, So just a lot of weird changes. But yeah, three years of Penn State too at Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Why why transferred to Kentucky? Why Kentucky over the others that I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I just, I mean all I wasn't getting the opportunities I wanted to do at the quarterback position. Like I said, only one plays and the guy who was starting for me, Sean who I'm really close with, he's with Green Bay now. He was only one year above me. So it's one of those things like I was looking at it from you know, most guys who go on to you know, get selected in the draft and have a good professional career start for more than one year in college and just to get that experience, I thought it was going to be important for me. So getting my undergrad and get into Kentucky and starting for two years. There was the plan from the jump, and you know, things worked out pretty well.
Speaker 4: Did Was there ever, like a was there quarterback competitions going on at Penn.
Speaker 2: State a little bit? Yeah? After my freshman year, my freshman year spring training we did or spring ball, we had a little bit of a competition and I just came out, just just got edged out. So Sewan ended up getting the job. And then I was putting the kind of a wildcat third down goal line quarterback situation spot and I just really wasn't getting the opportunities to throw the ball that I wanted to and needed to.
Speaker 5: So would you get told by the coaching staff that your opportunities would come and happen, and then when it wouldn't happen, it almost frustrates you more. That would almost buy into like, hey, I think I'm gonna take off after this year, not in like a selfish way, but just in the way that every competitor wants. Like, you know how you have certain conversations with coaches at times where you feel like, hey, in this maybe we're up in the second half and I'll get in there more or maybe you'll get whether it's garbage time whatever, but hey, we're going to rotate you in. We're looking at doing the plan this way this week, and usually most of the time it doesn't go that way. Were those things playing into your situation at all?
Speaker 1: There wasn't.
Speaker 4: Just Sean was the guy.
Speaker 5: It never really changed from that, and you were like, hey, I gotta kind of think about my own future.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just kind of saw the write and I feel like I wasn't. I just wasn't getting the opportunities. As much as they tried to kind of involve me and give me different opportunities to even throw the ball a little bit. It was mostly just stuff that I knew at the end of the day, it wasn't going to get me prepared and give me the experience I needed to to play quarterback at the NFL level. So I mean, I loved it. It made me a better football player in general. Like I think, you know, the stuff I did in the run game there and what we were doing with the different quarterbacks and what have you. It was a lot of fun. But I wasn't. For one, I wasn't good enough in the drop back passing game. They didn't trust me that way, so I understand why they didn't play me. But I needed that experience to get better. So that's what I was really looking for, and Kentucky gave me that opportunity. So I ended up, you know, getting the reps that I needed to to develop as that you know, more pure passer and really benefited me.
Speaker 4: Did you ever doubt yourself? Because it sounds like when you're going through the transfer portal, you're like, I need an opportunity to show I need to go to the NFL and do X Y and Z. Was there ever a point at Penn State where like, maybe I just can't do it? No, you ever doubt yourself at all?
Speaker 2: I always had, you know, pretty solid confidence in myself and my ability. I just I knew that if I had the opportunities to get the experience that I that I needed, then you know, it'd be hard to stop me. So I was. I was excited for that and to get the chance to do that at Kentucky was fun and just do I. I had the attributes, I just didn't have the opportunity to put them on display yet, and I was glad I did.
Speaker 5: That photo reminds me of Miami Jack. You didn't mess with Will Levis at first. Right the photo you get the photo of him jumping over to Tennessee, and it was kind of making me think. I was like, wait a minute, Jack was kind of before the draft happened.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm Jack, nice to meet you.
Speaker 5: Tell him what happened?
Speaker 8: All right, So when you were not in the first round, I put out a tweet and it was like, when you don't select Will in the first round, it's some like dumb dancing gift. And it was nothing against you. It was purely for the value play the second round. When we got you out.
Speaker 5: Before that week bust and you're like, I hope you don't get me.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm a Tennessee guy. I'm a Tennessee fan. So you know, previous season there was it was fun to go back and forth. So you have a rival quarterback coming into Tennessee, and you know you want to have as much fun with it as possible. But when you got selected the second round, and then when you had your first breakout game with the Titans, when you and d Hop had those like Matt what was it three TD something like that, I did my due diligence and in the parking lot. Afterwards, I said I was wrong. I was wrong, and I said, I'm fully on the Levis train, and I want him to be as successful as he can, whether it's with the Titans or somebody else. So I'm I'm fucking stoked. I've been seeing your praises around town.
Speaker 4: I know you're going to be a dog out there.
Speaker 8: So but but it takes a man to admit when he was wrong.
Speaker 4: April April twenty seven, twenty twenty three, Anthony Richard Greater sign Will Levis.
Speaker 8: Wait, Jack McPherson, are you or hen even remember?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I don't even remember that, but that obviously again I was wrong. Pull the video of me, of me showing where is the video?
Speaker 4: Uh? Pov the Titans passed on Will Levis?
Speaker 8: Dude, Yes, and I was wrong.
Speaker 4: Dude, we're feeling a Super Bowl contending team this time.
Speaker 8: And then and then who was it?
Speaker 2: Freezing cold? Takes?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 8: The Twitter account, they just repost anybody who's fucked up when you got drafted immediately, I was in Florida on a bachelor trip and I started getting notification, notification, notification, you'd been drafted, and I'm just I'm catching a lot of heat everywhere, and I was like, this is fine. We want somebody who wants the job, and I'm here to motivate him. That's my goal. And then then when he came in, him and d Hob had that game, it was it was a great first showing and.
Speaker 2: I couldn't be happy.
Speaker 8: I have a eight. I have a I have a number eight Titans Jersey. I have a number eight Titans Jersey. So Mac, I mean that's my name though, but it's still you.
Speaker 5: Know, another part just to go out listen, this is what you want.
Speaker 4: You want one of the day ones, the guys who grew up Titan fans to be pissed off, not turned around one eight and being like this is our savior.
Speaker 5: He's also that much more heels on the ground because he's such a diehard Tennessee fan that basically any kind of quarterback in ESSEC he almost wants them to fail.
Speaker 2: Did that year I was.
Speaker 4: I didn't bring that, bring that that would all connected it? Huh that would all connected it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I really am, I I will. I'm a massive levels fan. Now I'm really happier on the bus. And it takes a man to admit when he's wrong, and so I do apologize to you. I looked at the show notes and I was like, all right, they don't have my name on there, but I know are gonna sneak it in at some point.
Speaker 5: I really not until that Tennessee pick. I was like, that's right. Jack didn't like you. Hey, I lovething I didn't like.
Speaker 4: Hated. Yeah, you hated knowing Will for the short time. Will is like he's you're computing all this more more of a chip on my shoulder. Good good.
Speaker 5: I just know that it takes a man.
Speaker 4: Takes a man, right, Will, Right, Will, It takes a man.
Speaker 8: And I'll be wearing my eight jersey every every home game.
Speaker 2: I'll be in there.
Speaker 1: Never let him.
Speaker 4: That would be hilarious.
Speaker 5: If there's just a photo, a mug shot at you, you can't get in Titans games, you'd be wrecked.
Speaker 2: That would that would hurt.
Speaker 1: That would hurt me.
Speaker 8: But you know, if that's what means bringing Super Bowl to Nashville, I'd be willing to do that for the city of Nashville.
Speaker 4: What a good transition do How were you received when you first got to Tennessee. How do you like were people excited about it?
Speaker 2: It was definitely like half and half. I'd say, yeah, there were definitely people that were very excited, and there were definitely people, you know, like you were stuck college roots regards, stuck in their college roots. No, but I knew that it was gonna take some convincing for for some Tennessee fans. So I still got a lot to prove, and but just trying to keep doing the right things to turn those people's opinions around, you know, right.
Speaker 4: And so your camp goes by, we don't, we don't hear a whole lot a couple couple of weeks ago. By now, all of a sudden, the Tennessee Titans are wearing the Houston Oiler uniforms for the first time. Tannehills got an ankle, He's got a little anky issue. He's not being able to put the uniform on. It's your first time going out. What was it like going on Nissan Stadium for the first time?
Speaker 2: So sick? I mean, first of all, I've been waiting to wear baby blue, light blue my entire life. Just like the cool Swaggy is coolest.
Speaker 4: The coolest uniforms, Those are the coolest uniforms in all the NFL.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and and to be able to start my NFL career in those you know, they gave me a little confidence boost. That was cool for sure. But it was fun and it was a pretty serendipitous situation.
Speaker 4: Oh Google, Yeah, Google, serendipitous.
Speaker 2: No, like just with you know, we're not getting hurt. And then we had to buy the next week, so I really had two weeks to prepare for this first game of mine. So that was that was nice, And uh just was also coming back from a little bit of an injury from training camp, and it was perfectly kind of timed up with where I was finally feeling even just that week, like healthy enough to play and confident enough to go out there and do my thing. So, uh, it worked out really well. And I just feel like everything came together that game and all the stuff we dialed up were there. I was seeing things clearly, you know, Hop was doing his thing and pulling everything down and finding his way to the end zone a few times, and uh, it was crazy. It was also like one of those things too, where as well as it felt like it was going on offense and how everything was clicking, we were it was still at one score game, like by the end of the game. And that was my first like, oh shit, this is the NFL, Like every game is going to come down to the wire. We're gonna have to pull this out and just but just what a great way to you know, get your career off started and gave me a lot of confidence to finish that year.
Speaker 4: It was fucking awesome. It seemed like the Hop was in your ear all week. But like, yo, just throwing, which is that's the receiver you want? You want your receivers to be like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want my receivers to be you know, dickheads about wanting the ball.
Speaker 4: You wanted me to be selfish, yes, like, hey, throw me the ball. Get frustrated when they're not getting the ball in the first three plays of the game.
Speaker 5: My boy Colet McCoy, who was the backup Arizona who played some games last year a couple of years ago. But when, oh whenever d Hop was on the Cardinals. But he'd say he'd come to the sideline the ob back bro, just throw me the ball. And sometimes he said he would just make up a route on the fly and he would just throw it to him because he'd just be like, yeah, hey, just trust me, like, just throw me the ball, Like, don't worry about what they keep calling, Like, just throw me the ball.
Speaker 4: Don't worry about keep calling. Yeah, yeah, you had d up and now you've got I mean, Ridley got two backs, Pollard and Spears like you a chig. You have so many guys, so many tools, Like do you feel like you've got everything you need?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's gonna be gonna be tough because a lot of guys are you know, deserve the ball and they are gonna want the ball. So yeah, beyond me to uh, you know, just trust what I see and play within the offense. But we have a you know, a lot of fun players at our fingertips, and uh, you know, the backs are gonna be a lot of fun to play with and getting them in different formations, getting an empty two backs in the game. They're both incredible catching the ball out of the backfield. They both do some amazing things. Crazy thing trying to jump over that guy yesterday, That was that was crazy. Antonio Brown someone Yet Antonio Brown someone yesterday.
Speaker 4: Kicked him in the head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was great. He fell from like nine and a half feet up. But I just that fired me up, because you know, not a lot of guys even think about that stuff like that. He was back in his home state. He was a leguice up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, leonidasing somebody just said kicking them in the face. Yes, but dude, Miami game. Yeah, putting your right shoulder into somebody and everyone's getting hyped up into you. I know, Bravolvers like, listen, brother, don't ever do.
Speaker 1: No that hurt.
Speaker 2: I mean when I'm see jailing next all time that you know, I probably got the shorter end of the stick on that one. But no, that was cool and that was a big play and a big game and probably our most fun win last year for sure.
Speaker 4: It has to be. Man, what a comeback.
Speaker 5: We interrupt this episode to bring you Shady Rays get ready for a game day with the latest addition to the Barstool Sports rival collection, Barstool College. Shady Rays has partner with Barstool Sports to bring you a new lineup of premium polarized shades that are perfect for showing off your team pride. The Barstool College Collection features bold colorways inspired by some of the biggest names in college sports, ensuring you'll find the perfect pair to wp your team. Elevate your game day look with the Barstool College collection. Head over to Shady rays dot com and use code Boys boys to get a generous thirty five percent off polarized sunglasses. See for yourself why over three hundred thousand people have rated these shades five stars. Again Shady rays dot Com, use code Boys. Back to the episode when you talk about leadership, like what are things that you can do? Like you talked about all the weapons you have, like keeping guys in it. Maybe they're not guys who really get down on themselves, but you know that the ball is gonna have to get spread around. Our guys feed off. Maybe touching the ball early in the game touch them all more. Maybe they don't mind to fall back. But like, what do you do, Like what are you conscious of when being a leader in those situations when you have that many weapons?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I think it's just conscious of what you just said. It's conscious of how guys tick and how guys need to be motivated and if guys do need to have that boost of confidence or moment to kind of get them going in a game or in practice or something. So it's it's there isn't a uniform way of leadership throughout the time. I feel like it's just a way of understanding people more so than and having a strategy with how you you go you go about it. But it's it's a tough job. It's probably a harder job than the quarterback poisition itself. The leadership job I'm saying, and I'm still growing in it. I'm getting getting better as the as the days go on. I think I wanted to go into camp and like I feel like it's like one of those things to where you got to earn it with your actions, Like you got to earn how you play on the field. Like you can't just go out there and start talking. At least some guys feel like they can. But I feel like I have to kind of prove it with my actions before I can back it up with how I talk or how I act in that way. So camp was great because you know, being able to get some good reps in camp and to you know, ingratiate myself with the guys and to just or ingrain myself with the guys and and and show them that I am our guy and the leader for this team and that that's just a great few weeks of progress for me to just keep, you know, climbing in that role.
Speaker 4: How do you differentiate being the leader you want to be and not forcing it as opposed letting.
Speaker 2: It come to you exactly? You got it's got to be natural, Like you can't you can't just decide like, hey, I'm gonna be the RARA guy today and I'm gonna get guys fired up. And you got to make sure that you're true to how you feel and and kind of what you want to get out of it. And there's there's it's not to say that you can't change. I think that that's that's a big misconception. Like guys think that they're this type of teammate and they have their their whole life and they've just stayed that way because they might be afraid to walk in the next day and people to be like, wait, that's not who you are, you know, But it's not bad to consciously kind of try to change the way you are for the betterment of yourself and the team. And I feel like i've I've I've done a few things and tweaked the kind of ways that I've I've just interacted with people and then just been around the building and it's helped me for the better. So I was stuck in that for a long time too, Like I didn't want to be inauthentic. I didn't want to be the guy that I'm not. But I realized it wasn't that. It's more so, I have, you know, this vision for who I want to be. What do I need to change and improve in my life and my actions and in my values to get me to that position. And when I got over the the fear of being inauthentic in that pursuit, then it, you know, improved me a lot.
Speaker 4: I love that, dude. Do you uh?
Speaker 5: Do you listen to Brady a lot when he's on whether he's doing interviews, because as you we're talking about leadership, there was something really fascinating that when he was breaking it down, it made like talking about like knowing guys. He was talking like, if you're the ex receiver, if you're like one of the top receivers, but most of the time you're running out of the huddle every time out usually outside the numbers. Your route treats cutting half. Like these guys who got to do that play in and play out and sometimes they're not touching the ball early, and he would talk about how he communicate, like, hey, we'll get you going, because he's just aware of the fact that, you know, even though they have this diva perception by everybody else, He's like, you got to understand these guys coming to the huddle, they run out, they run outside the numbers, everything's everything is like halfway.
Speaker 4: Cut off for them by themselves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're by themselves. They're going as hard as possible, and then the one one or two times they don't, they get kind of like, you know, they get that stigma. But he's like just understanding that, even knowing how to try to communicate with those guys throughout the game if they're not touching the ball earlier, knowing you got to get into them quick just to like keep them involved. I always thought that that was real, real fascinating, And I forget the question that I initially asked because now I'm thinking about to Brady and oh yeah, yeah, you like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. When you see him, yeah, when you see him, yeah, I guess having interviews or is he somebody who like gravitate towards Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's the guy I've looked up through my entire life and obviously being from where I'm from and being a Patriots fan and Boston sports fan, like that was my idol, like growing up, like that's who I wanted to be, the winner that I wanted to be. So yeah, anytime I can listen to him and speak on whatever you can about, you know, the position or leadership, it's definitely something that I pay attention to.
Speaker 5: I forget that you're a Boston guy. Stooly Stooy big ten big Stooley, grew.
Speaker 4: Up on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was telling them I was kind of that first generation of like Instagram. I think I was like more Facebook first, but I think I got Instagram in like seventh grade or something and it was my buddy. He was like, yo, yo, you gotta follow this page Barstool Sports. He was like probably the one of my first follows after like just like my best friends and stuff. It was like Barstool Sports, ESPN Sports Center.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's just funny. We were talking about that before and now, look at.
Speaker 5: Who's your favorite barstool personality.
Speaker 4: It was I'm a big cat guy.
Speaker 2: I love I love big cats.
Speaker 4: So you're anti no, no, no, I love.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say Dave because I think I knew Dave first, but I was I was peing part of my takee guy. I listened to them for years, so I'm still a big fan of the show. But they're They're great and Dave's great. I've met Dave a couple of times. They are Big Cat a couple of times as well. They came to Lexington for the Reader's Cup a couple of years ago. Oh yeah, yeah, we were hanging out afterwards at some bar, so that was cool.
Speaker 4: We were we were in New York for the draft and Big Cat was talking about you, saying you were a Stuley guy. He was singing your praises a little bit. He was about it. So you got a fan on the other side as well.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you have no should we go?
Speaker 5: Mayo? Should we go? I also want to You seem like you come from a family of athletes. Your old man played, Your mom was an All American soccer player?
Speaker 4: Is was she?
Speaker 5: Is she where you get your genetics?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think she had a freaking six back until she had her fourth kids, So yeah, she is a beast and she was the you know tom Boy did it all kid and as a kid growing up and played baseball until high school I think, and then found soccer as your sport and ended up going to Yale. Was all American there and yeah, just a just a grinder, and both her and my dad were big athletes. My dad played D three football at Dennison University in Ohio.
Speaker 4: Your uncle played, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yale running back, and my and then there my mom and his dad. My mom and my uncle's dad was a coach at Yale for twenty five years.
Speaker 5: So I did read like Yale. I think I read Cornell somewhere. It makes sense with the what was the word he said earlier, super superfluous superfluous? Yeah, polus.
Speaker 4: I don't believe that was the word. That was not the word that was not the workous Yeah, superfolous.
Speaker 5: Yeah. But a lot of a lot of academic I'm sure, a lot of expectation in the household grown up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot. I don't think it was more like expectations more so than it was.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think me and my sisters realized that there were just a lot of you know, impressive, like established people around us, and we wanted to do our best to just live up to our family's name. And I think our our our parents told us that from a young age, more so from a respect standpoint, not a performance standpoint. Just everything that we do is going to reflect our family's name for the rest of our lives. And we took that very seriously. And all of us just went hard hard a ship and everything that we did. And and me and all my sisters are you know, I think we're all proud of the spot we put ourselves in. And the youngest one is gonna be a junior in high school and she just she's gonna start getting us getting some offers to play lacrosse in college. So she'll be the last one. But they did a heck of a job with us as kids growing up to you know, put us in the position to succeed.
Speaker 5: That's awesome. So all athletes, your sisters.
Speaker 2: H the one h the oldest one is not anymore. She was an excellent athlete. The middle one just graduated from Central Connecticut, she played lacrosse there, just moved here. Actually she's going to school at Belmont for grad school. And the youngest is still in high school. But she's probably the best athlete.
Speaker 4: Of all of us.
Speaker 2: She's beast.
Speaker 4: Where is the family located now?
Speaker 2: Are they Connecticut?
Speaker 1: Connecticut?
Speaker 2: Connecticut got you?
Speaker 4: And then when everyone's out of the house, do you think your parents are going to move from Connecticut?
Speaker 2: They've been talking about it. They've been talking, not not Nashville specifically, but just like getting somewhere further down south. But last time I talked to them, they said no, they're liking the New England living.
Speaker 4: So when it's all said and done for you, you're thinking back up to the northeast.
Speaker 2: I don't, No. I think I definitely have like a dream vacation spot up there, like whether you know I'm Nantucket or like Martha's Vineyard or something like that, And I think that would be a really cool second contracting right next to Portois. Yeah, yeah, but I don't know. My mind's not quite there yet. Yeah, there's definitely some some really nice Yeah, always.
Speaker 4: Fun to dream. Always for of dream and also pros and cons of not going in the first round. There's no fifth year options. Did somebody give you that conversations and that's a huge win. So now after next year, it's like voice, you put it pay the fuck up? You know, you know, you know you know what I'm saying, right, You're gonna do it right. Yeah, so the numbers gotta be there. The first time I ever heard about you, you were at the SEC Media Days and you took a cup of coffee and some man, some mayday's a cup of coffee. What what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll give it. I'll give the whole rundown.
Speaker 4: So give me the rundown on that, because I know we got a fragrance out now that is literally sold out. You can't even get your hands on it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: And you've really taken this thing and put it to the moon. But it started with a cup of coffee and some mayonnaise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was wild. In college, I was pretty active on social media, like just you know, posting you know bs that I thought was funny on TikTok whatever. If I thought it was funny, it was going up and I thought other people might get some laughs at it. Two and uh and yeah. I was making a little cash on it too. It was helping on the little on the marketing deal with nil and stuff being there, I was grounding my ass off, fell as. I didn't have no collective to get get handed any money I made. I didn't really make much, but i'd work for what I made in college, and I'm proud of it.
Speaker 1: But uh, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a breakfast I was at and we got our coffees and there was no cream or sugar on the table, just a bottle of mayo. And some of the person I was just like, hey, you should you should post a video of you drinking it or something and that must be how they drink their coffee down here or something like that, and I was like, you know what, I will, And so I poured the mayo in, stirred it up to made a little, super little video and you know, it was funny. People liked it, and then it got re picked up when I went to SEC media day and they asked me to do it again, and then that kind of sparked it again, and then it kind of picked up some more steam during the draft when everyone's trying to find all the dirt and ship to pick up a lot of people like who's going to draft this freaking idiots stuff. Yeah, So that was a weird process because I was like trying to convince people that I'm not this psychopath weird with with a weird sense of humor.
Speaker 5: They want you to be the face of the franchise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So dealing with that, and I really like at first was like, I don't want this to be a part of my personality, you know, I want to be known for the person that I am, not like this silly antics that I might pull on camera. And it didn't take long to kind of shift that thought process when I talked to the Hellman's marketing team and they're like, no, I think there's something here, like you should lean into this, like we could do a really funny campaign. It was, you know, authentic in terms of I actually do really like man, it's in the specifically humans, which was a staple in my family's fridge, my entire life. So talking to them and and and it just made me realize like, hey, like, no, this is this is funny. We can make this even more funny and and you know, at the same time, I'm gonna get a pretty sweet deal out of it too. So we did a couple of things last year. They extended me for a couple more years and we did this crazy Hey you crushed the commercial, the lone commercial.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how long were you on set doing that?
Speaker 5: Bullshit over and over and over and over.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This was at the Titans practice. It was the longest day of my summer. Actually. I did the live pro am at the Grove here in Nashville, which is an awesome weekend, and then I did a radio show for an hour, and then I did that shoot from four to midnight for to midnight. It was It was a long day and I'm pumped with how it came out. And there should be something else come not soon with them, which will should be fun. I'm excited to want to show people.
Speaker 4: You want to break it?
Speaker 1: Here you can see a sneak peak. You can see a sneak peak.
Speaker 2: I'll show you one still shot from it that will kill you guys.
Speaker 4: Sneak peak. Are we getting I still shot? It sounds like something coming out soon. Yeah, when does the back by?
Speaker 2: I think it comes out tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Then you can you can talk about it because this comes out tomorrow.
Speaker 1: He excuse me, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna be a big Bean fan. Is that real? Give limber? He's strong? Look at him? That comes out? So that photo comes out tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's a video. That's just a still shot from the video.
Speaker 4: But are you able to are you able to say that this.
Speaker 2: This helms hes helmets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's amazing. The lake thing is so funny, he said. Those old school old spice commercials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you remind me of that. This that's what this whole campaign reminds me of, like kind of the old school old spice because it's so tongue in cheek, like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the old spice commercials were awesome. Yeah, they're unbelievable. Is it so they're the biggest player as far as your marketing goes? Is there anybody else you have your eyes on that You're like, I love to be sponsored by.
Speaker 2: M I've been saying it ever since, and I think the day and I all became a thing. I tweeted at Levi's jeans. I was like, let's do something here. So, I mean, it's been thrown out there. I'll keep I'll keep poking them, but we'll get there eventually, I think.
Speaker 4: But let's talk about true classic. Dude, have you put before?
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 5: Actually, I'll tell you what your arms would look fantastic.
Speaker 4: Brother, You've already got the physique going on, but you put a true classic T shirt on and their jeans unstoppable. Yeah, you wouldn't be able to the ladies would seriously be jumping at you. There's I gotta go back up to my one bedroom apartment with one hundred and screen TV. We'll give your.
Speaker 5: True Classic and then you can you can think about it.
Speaker 4: Levi's is good, but it's not the seventies anymore. It's not you know, it's time to move on.
Speaker 5: I feel like we're confident enough to put our reputation on the line for True Classic. I think you'll love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would think you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm very specific with my jeens, like even with Levi's, Like, I think you'd take a special cut for me to be like, all right, let's do this the.
Speaker 4: Right So we need it, that's all we need it. We need because there I think True Classic came on with us and I got these long legs. Yeah, and so they didn't even make thirty six length. They ended up making the thirty six length for me. And it's the best fitting gene I've ever had in my life. Yeah, it's it's phenomenal. Yeah. Should we go shout out for shout out? Should we get into some.
Speaker 2: How do you ask that question? And then how am I special say something without there being a free shout out, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Like man.
Speaker 4: In the ground, Yeah yeah, but he's helping him trying to get in the right right. Yeah, because there's no shout outs. But if you want something, this is where you asked it. This is where you want something.
Speaker 5: Our shout out no free shout out segment is brought to us by Duke Cannon. Duke Cannon, it's the off season. Boys, that means it's time to elevate your game by working harder and smelling better with our friends from Duke Cannon. Throw away your old body washing deodorant because you smell like a JV locker room. Upgrade the Duke Cannon for a varsity level grooming routine. Duke Cannon, since our elite and their products are made for hard working dudes like yourself, will as always the boys got a special code just for the Tier ones. Use code Tier one that's t I e R in the number one on Duke Cannon dot com for fifteen percent off your first order Duke Cannon. Work Harder, Smell better. The boys do have a Fragrance out body wash trophy game, so go check that shit out. Yeah, we bought a lot of product and gave them to the Vanderbilt O line. The Hogs. They love it. We saw a couple of people in Walmart shopping and we're like, hey, we had to put them on trainer.
Speaker 4: Lance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lance, No f shoutouts Lance, Lance Booker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lance Booker.
Speaker 5: Oh he's I guess he's one of the boys.
Speaker 4: So you can shout at the boy. You shout the boys, absolute shout the boys.
Speaker 5: But trophy game, go check that out again, do cannon where Carder smell better. As matter of fact, I think we got you a little.
Speaker 1: Just reached down to the right here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got look what you got there.
Speaker 5: So then you in, bro, you'll hate that little uh that is that that.
Speaker 4: Little case the case what's that? What's that called the loop case?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'll love that bro.
Speaker 1: That perfect shower Yeah yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Paint their big I brick of show. If you put that in there, brother, you.
Speaker 5: Don't even have to take it out this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Trophy game, Trophy game, all right, open it up. Smell like collegiate brags. Give us your first reaction aggressive with that opened out of that thing.
Speaker 2: M hmm, that's good stuff. Yeah, I'm excited. I feel like I'm just the you know, a raw dog with the bar so usually so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, perfect, I need Yeah.
Speaker 4: The looping of the game's got a nice little hook. You can hang it up in the showers of the boys. And Jefferson was walked by like, oh what is that? Oh funny ass is a big as prick of soap. You should use it now. All the boys are using it, all the boys. Who was a start off shadow? No fore shoutout do you want to start? Will go ahead? I don't want to need to think of about it. A couple my shotowt no free. Shadow goes to Smootober thirty four days away from the fall, finally hitting the breeze, cutting the heat and the leaves falling on the ground, and thirty one days of fright is just right around the corner. I'm fired up. This weekend, my kids and I we went back to Michael's for the third time in four days, just so they can look at all the Halloween stuff get all excited. My daughter's now planning what she's gonna put in there, what she's gonna be for Halloween and stuff like that, And it just fires me up that you can truly brainwash your children ladies and gentlemen, and you give them an idea and enough times they're gonna take it into the round with it. Both. My kids are so fired up. That's Halloween a couple of years ago. Legs same size. My kids are just so fired up for Spootober. I feel like a proud parent. I feel like a very proud parent. So my shadow goes to its Ootober.
Speaker 2: That is great that they're more than a month away and they're already talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah they're fired up. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we start decorating. September is the season.
Speaker 5: Look going off this going up the spirit of true classic and looking over at will Leves's arms. But when you just wear that right shirt that just shows off the old trophy case you got on each side.
Speaker 4: Yeah and lightening yeah yeah, So.
Speaker 5: That's my shoutout. No free shot out is when that shirt fits you just right and the marms are looking good. Question for you will and be honest, please be honest, just keep it a being.
Speaker 4: With the boys.
Speaker 5: How often do you check out your arms?
Speaker 2: I feel like it's it's intory during lifts, it's mandatory, like at the end if you're trying to get your bids buys and tries in like you gotta give yourself a little you know, yeah, we're good. Yeah, but no, I'm I wouldn't say it's like a I mean, you're you're, you're just your game.
Speaker 5: Photos gotta make you horny when you see those arms.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's I'm I got to thank my mom, I think for giving me the I don't know, vascularness. I don't know, but my body's always just been like a little just nothing.
Speaker 4: Like sit on the bus making a dude feel comfortable about how good he looks, you know, was like, I don't know how to answer this question. Buddy, you check him out all the time. It's all good at that dude, Are you kidding me? That's a quarterback, not a linebacker. Yeah, I feel proud about that.
Speaker 5: I would kill one of my producers for your body, like I would stab them with the nine inch blade.
Speaker 2: I think you would say, though, like you.
Speaker 5: Can roast you over a fire, put an apple in your mouth, slug a big slug, just slowly let that damn.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I remember like that one, like I posted like I think my progress from pre draft. I was like, this is just how my body the one to the left there, like how my body progressed.
Speaker 4: Like the second row, second row, and like I.
Speaker 2: Pushed that sounds like that's like good ship. You know, like I worked hard to like improve my body, like it's not that's not uncommon, like especially with athletes or people like tracking stuff like that. And then I you know, that was put out there and I just got dogs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, the fat are gonna hate on that. Listen, you got to be proud of that.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 4: You got proud of that for sure.
Speaker 2: I worked hard and I's.
Speaker 4: Got back that would compete with Compton.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it does look good.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 5: You're trying to tell me you're just on creating.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 2: I've never I've never taken anything creating and I think the only other stuffs that I took were collagen, yeah, creating collagen and college protein. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean that top right photo. Brother, you throw a tan on that exactly competing.
Speaker 2: I was in California's still looking like that.
Speaker 4: That's crazy the leg I love.
Speaker 5: I was just looking at his photo. Look at that.
Speaker 4: Look at the good for you man, good for you. Watch give us your shot out. Shout out, shoutout yourself.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, shout out, no free shout out. You said, I'm a quarterback, not a linebacker, but I'm gonna shout out that boy forty four on Georgia Tech. Shout out neck rolls. Yeah, shut out.
Speaker 4: He was playing his ass off.
Speaker 2: Shoutout neck rolls and the old linebacker no neck Look, you know that just it brought a tear to my eye. It was like, we are so back. College football is back, and it is a dying breed, but there are still some left, apparently at the Georgia Tech Zoo.
Speaker 5: So they were like that player was like the first one they showed too in the first series. You're just like, oh, who is forty four about that?
Speaker 2: It's like you had to custom make his jersey, right, I mean it was the.
Speaker 4: Biggest traps of all.
Speaker 5: Hey, Georgia Tech was scrappiness, scrap scrapping.
Speaker 4: They got a dub. Yeah, okay, it's a number a top ten ranked college football team. Yeah, lost both my bets.
Speaker 2: You already know he's had like four acs on each side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guy's not gonna just throw show what a dog dude, Georgia Tech team to be in the team.
Speaker 5: Two, maybe Florida State a bunch of frauds fraud.
Speaker 2: I didn't even watch most of the game.
Speaker 1: I don't know you.
Speaker 4: Saw the result. And you have a top ten team losing to Georgia Tech, stuff that stuff, and they played in the call. They didn't get in the college fotballlayoff last year, go to play against Georgia who should have been the college fall playoff, and get donkeys stopped. And now it's like, Okay, we're a top ten team.
Speaker 1: We we should be in the.
Speaker 4: Playoffs this year. And they go and do something like that. That's tough. Georgia Tech's nice, though, Georgia text nice, but it's all the antics. Florida State that they're like suing the NCAA.
Speaker 5: R all mad. They got a few like they got they got like holl ree.
Speaker 4: I was just on their defense a talented roster and then that was like, my god, the team ar man gotcha. They went nine times out of ten shouting out is probably the top five in this bus. Yeah from the hip to like that was incredible and he's he's kept us in check with the no free shoutouts.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, accountability. You like that out of your starting QB.
Speaker 4: One need that out of your starting q one gotta have it. Yeah good, any boys got shouts in the back.
Speaker 8: Shout out the Titans first undefeated preseason since two thousand and three.
Speaker 5: So shut up, shut up men who can admit that they're wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, real man, it takes a real man. Man, it takes a real man.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Honeymoons not anymore. The best part was the sea turtle, So also shout out to sea turtles. Zero. Shout out to the people that make our oceans dirty, because I don't know why you would mess with these beautiful creatures. We went on a little sea turtle excursion and probably like it was a it was a baby sea turtle and he comes swimming up like the six inches to my face. The instructor, dude, Danny. Shout out Danny. He was awesome. He was like, do not move, Like if you touch it, I'll get fired, Like you could go to jail. I'm just like sitting there underwater like this sick that I don't have a GoPro on me, and it's just getting closer and closer. And it was one of like the coolest most like wholesome, almost spiritual experiences.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: So it was cool. Yeah, it was crushed, bro crushing Uguay and me in the ocean.
Speaker 2: I hit the Nashville Zoo last week for the first time. I'd like an hour an hour to spare. Were like kind of in the area and we saw the billboard.
Speaker 4: He's just threw off. Let's go, Let's go.
Speaker 2: I was so disappointed though, because they're they're advertising that red panda everywhere. Pump pumped it. I'm a big red fan Panta fan speaking of masche Fu. Come on, bro Panda, He's not He wasn't there.
Speaker 1: Broke.
Speaker 5: That red panda they have on all the billboards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the billboards all over time, Like, come guys in Nashville Zoo. No, it wasn't there that exhibit.
Speaker 4: Did you ask anybody? Did you ask a person saying popcorn in the corner, like, what's where's the red Panda?
Speaker 2: I couldn't find like someone reliable enough to ask a questions too. We just went back to the lizard exhibit, which was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: But have you seen Red Panda the movie? Yeah? I don't think I have.
Speaker 2: I think about the Bowl girl, do.
Speaker 4: You guys know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the halftime performer who does the the unicycle and She's kicked. Her name is Red Panda too. That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: The Disney movie, the Disney movie he's talking about going red.
Speaker 2: Oh there is a Disney movie with the solid movie. I haven't seen that.
Speaker 4: What was the for Shot movies were telling Will He's got to get on how to Train Your Dragon? Yeah? How have you popped that on for yet? The Bourns the Bourne movies? Yeah? Did you We're talk about Disney movies?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: I thought we were saying movies that I gotta get on.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, I guess so that you are then, uh white fifties one? Yeah, but he said it's he said, no nice guy?
Speaker 5: I saw nice guys?
Speaker 4: Would you think of nice guys?
Speaker 5: I was right next to you, was Great's tell you watching the plane?
Speaker 4: You watch it on the plane?
Speaker 2: Which one was that?
Speaker 4: No nice guys? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, in the middle of your honor right now?
Speaker 5: Just finished the first season nor I think so people people have been talking about it.
Speaker 4: I'm phenomenal. If you like Ryan Reynolds, are gonna like that movie.
Speaker 5: Do you watch House of Dragon our Game of Thrones?
Speaker 2: I do, Actually, I think I finished three of the last season of House to Dragons so far I got to catch up.
Speaker 4: But you so, what were you at in House of Dragons?
Speaker 2: The last thing I saw was the the twins, the one that pretended to be the other to go try to kill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, got speak more vaguely, speak more vaguely. You're gonna be oh disappointed in the finale. God, don't say sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry so disappointed. It just goes to show you gotta binge watch shows instead of staying the day.
Speaker 2: I just watched one hundred foot Wave. Have you seen that documentary?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, our coaches were talking about and then I threw it through that on Insane.
Speaker 4: What's it about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the biggest waves in the world and Portugal that surfing surfing? It ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Didn't Edelman just do a podcast with one of the guys that did this. I think he.
Speaker 2: Was one of the interviews in this Yes, Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Games with names name shout out the boy. Yeah, dude, that is a fucking crazy thing. Why was that Maui In twenty fifteen during like Jaws, when they had that big swell come in and we were on the small little boat watching these dudes get towed in and hit the like what hit those waves? It was insane and pretentially the boat guys like driving the boats like he if these guys fall, they could basically just die. That's how big and terrifying these waves are.
Speaker 1: Would you laugh about during jows?
Speaker 4: Yeah, jaws is what the area is called.
Speaker 1: Got you got you? Oh that's my bad. That's my bad during Jaws. That's bad.
Speaker 4: That's all good, bro, that's how I see you trying to catch me. We're looking at it.
Speaker 5: You seem presumed innocent. Great, that's a great show too. Check that one out. You can binge that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need to watch that show. I have a hard time with shows, man, I have movies better than shows. I think shows you show literally eight seasons, I know. And that's where really in the middle of it, I was like, Man, this is why I can't watch shows because my add I'll literally.
Speaker 1: Just take it.
Speaker 4: I can't stop watching it.
Speaker 5: But you just argued for binging shows.
Speaker 4: I know, if you're going to watch the show being of show instead of staying up to date with the show.
Speaker 5: Ye, you're like, but how are you personally with your two philosophy is going to be able to enjoy a show. If you're like my ad d, I can't just wait for all the.
Speaker 4: Seasons essentially sit there and be like I got month and then in the middle lose my life to a show for and then in the middle of it you're like, see that's what you got to binge it, man, so you don't have to stay up to date on it. The the binging part was because of if you're in season two, is the season two of Pounds of Dragons? No, season three just finished? Okay, so season three of House Dragons finish season just let's say this thing goes six seasons. If you finished the finale of season three, but you can go watch season four, episode one, then that finale is not as bad as you thought. It's just like, oh, I can't wait to see what's next. Yeah, you don't have a year two years I heard is the next production for this for the.
Speaker 5: Before you start watching and then you're up to date. It's tough conversation toil end of a finale. I know.
Speaker 4: I think when season four is going to come out is when I'll probably start watching House and Dragons because I still haven't even seen Uh, thank you crazy, I know, I know, it's just too many storylines, and it's I don't know, man, I always fall back on the things I know, like Scrubs.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna watch it just easy watches if you don't want to keep.
Speaker 4: Up the door, just in time. It's just I love that show. Any heartbreak I ever had, will any sort of adversity I ever had Scrubs. Yes, the first show to come on. But yeah, I heard this show is amazing, and that just goes. If you're gonna watch a show, you should wait a couple of seasons, be out of the conversations a little bit, and then you binge it and you're like, oh shit, whatever, man, Yeah, let'sheit some tear talk.
Speaker 5: Oh we got a good tier talk for you.
Speaker 4: Do you know tear talk?
Speaker 5: All right, tiar talk for those that don't know who might be joining in, mister and missus Levis who were probably tuned in tier talk. We're gonna tear a system here, three all the way up to one. In that order, you give a little description of why you like your tier three, your Tier two, your Tier one. You can also have an honorable mention if they just missed the cut. The tier talk today will be Mayo Combinations Mayo combinations. All right, So whether it's the way you like to use Mayo the most, be our tier talk.
Speaker 4: Okay, Taylor, a draft, it's yeah, no, it's not a draft. You're gonna start your three. So I don't know a whole lot about Mayo. No disrespect to your game, will.
Speaker 5: If you don't know Mayo, it's just disrespectful.
Speaker 4: Here's a Mayo guy. So I didn't I when this, when this teer talk was presented to me, I kind of I jumped around a little bit. But my Tier three and it's gonna take me back to bourbon steak a little bit. Or you go to those kind of fancy restaurants and they got the fries come out and it's not your basic souce, but they bring on an aoli on you, specifically the garlic aoli. Anybody who's watching the show for a long time. Boy loves to fight bad with a lot of garlic. And so Tier three is going to go to garlic aoli, which is a combination with Mayo.
Speaker 2: Have you tried to have like a flank steak or something like that with a garlic aoli? That was like our family, one of our staples as a family, like my mom would it would be like our little fancy like addition to the steak we have for that night. Yeah, which really good.
Speaker 4: You bring up a good point when you go to a steakhouse and it's like a faux pa to ask for a sauce. Exactly, it's like that's dead. That's got to be completely dead, Like what are all the sauce you have? Okay, everything but the blue cheese. Bring it to me and I want to dip and I want to try to take out all the sauces with this one steak and figure it out. So that's my Tier three. My Tier two is a nostalgia Tier two for me, and that is Chipotle Mayo. I think Chipotle mayo is fantastic. You go to Subway as a child and you get this sweet onion chicken TARAOKEI I would get the sweet onion chicken tariokee sauce, and then I would add the Chipotle mayo, which is added a little extra ump to it, making one of the best sandwiches of my childhood. And then I went a little rogue on my tier one. I went a little rogue. I find it when you combine mayonnaise with sour cream, buttermilk, dried dill weed, dried parsley, dried chives, onion powder, garlic powder, fine sea salt, and finally crack pepper. You mix it all together, what do you get Ranch? You get ranch. So my Tier one of mayo combination is gonna go to Ranch. Ranch.
Speaker 2: It's a great list.
Speaker 4: It's a great list that is mine.
Speaker 2: And what you brought the attention to a lot of people here today is very important, which is Mayo is the base and used in so many other great sauces and dips that people always say they love even though they say they might hate mayonnaise one, which is just a sigma I've been trying to crush the last couple of years. So I'm just I'm starting.
Speaker 4: We're doing your work out here.
Speaker 5: We're doing the front lines in this podcast.
Speaker 1: Will back you?
Speaker 4: We uh? Now? In after Tier talk, whoever went, we go around the room and we give one word. Will We'll start with you.
Speaker 6: Tasty, saucy, yummy, veteran, solid.
Speaker 1: Good, hall of fame hyphenated.
Speaker 4: That would way better than I expect it, that way better than I expected.
Speaker 5: My Tier three and it shares with yours, but just aoli in general, I feel like anytime you're you're going through a menu and you see aoli in the description for whatever reason, you might not even know if you like aoli, but it sounds nice, it sounds interesting, it sounds unique. But any type of aoli where you're mixing mayo, I think is a listen. I love fucking mayonnaise. I love mayonnaise. Did you guys read Patty Mayonnaise is where the love started?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: My tier too, that's got My Tier two is mixing mayo with ketchup. Anytime I have fries. Obviously, if you're at your Bourbons or your nice steak houses where they have an aoli to come out with it, that is great. But anytime I have fries, I want mayo, I want Ketchup. I would say, two parts Mayo, one part Ketchup.
Speaker 4: I think that's right, two parts mayo one park.
Speaker 5: Do you know in Europe? I think it's European, but they bring out both ketchup and Mayo together the little glass. I think America needs to adopt that. I think we need to take it on basically everywhere we go. My Tier one simply put sandwiches, any sandwich, any sandwich, I can. I can have mayo on the sandwich that's already on there, but I want extra mayo that I can squeeze onto the sandwich. That's how horny I get for mayo. I'm telling you. I'm telling you that's my tiar talk. Hey, listen, helmets.
Speaker 2: Wholesome, horny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I wanted to hear.
Speaker 1: Overload cream two times.
Speaker 6: All right, Patty.
Speaker 4: Iconic, that's a good little gotta feel tough.
Speaker 2: I well, I mean you took a couple of mine. I think the early route safe and sandwiches in general, I've always been a believer there's really no American sub that can go without Mayo. I'm gonna go number three. I'm gonna stick to my New England roots. Even though I am a hot lobster roll guy, but nice cold lobster roll he's always made and tossed with some mayo. People forget that. You know, all your like kind of you know, chicken salads, all tho kind of suads. I'm gonna do lobster salad. I'm gonna go a lobster roll, uh tossed in mayo on a bun with some lettuce. Then all that's kind of hit. Number two, I'm going Buffalo Chicken dip. I'm going Buffalo chicken dip. You know there's always a big base of mayo that is included in a Buffalo chicken dip.
Speaker 1: That is your.
Speaker 2: Sunday Saturday, you know, amazing dip appetizer. That's a staple at any kind of tailgate. You gotta have that. And a number one. I'm gonna say a burger. I think my classic best burger, like all American burger that you know you can't go wrong with, is a bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, mayo, and onion. If you like onion. Sometimes onions I do too, but sometimes yes, sometimes no, But I feel like.
Speaker 4: That is raw.
Speaker 2: That is the burger. You know. I grew up on my mom's. My mom's pregnant Craving was a Wendy's bacon eater, and I would go into the drive through with her as an eight year old and smack probably four or five Junior bac and cheeseburgers. And that's that's that is the junior bac and cheeseburger recipe. And that's how I've made my burgers and ordered them whenever I can my entire life. So that's my list.
Speaker 4: Great job, great job.
Speaker 5: I would take the bacon off the burger. I'm more of a purist, but you're so right about even the burger. Okay, sorry, sorry, I love you.
Speaker 4: We're oh uh fantastic, Eli serendipitous.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 8: Hyphenated my qb.
Speaker 1: Oh G malt rushmore wow, good tears of all of busting talks.
Speaker 5: That's emotional.
Speaker 4: That's emotional. But let him feel it. Let let him feel all the emotions flow down onions.
Speaker 5: That's a good question, though, raw grilled.
Speaker 2: I like both. There's a place for both. There's a place for both.
Speaker 4: Raw.
Speaker 5: I think raw horrible place for raw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Raw is the move more texture, it's better.
Speaker 5: And I love how you went with the colder lobster role because a lot of people like the warm one with the butter and everything else. But I'm always second guessing that pick because Mayo is on the fucking colder one.
Speaker 2: But I would say I do prefer the hot.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you loved Mayo like this. I knew you liked Mayo, but man, seeing this as wild.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mayo's my favorite condiment, all right, Male's my favorite condiment even when we were at what was it Joey's Oyster? Oh yeah, the cold one lobster, roll fire God, great tear talk, great tier, great tear talk. Will you've been phenomenal? Do we have any I know? We got to get my man out of ten? You got what time is it?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 4: We got a question, twisted question? But what is uh? What time is it? Five minutes? Or what you got? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 4: Twisted Tea is refreshing, hard eyed team made with real brew tea and five percent alcohol. Full of flavor and very refreshing. Twisted tea goes down smooth. There's no carbonation that makes it easy to drink all day long. Twisted Tea fuels on and celebrates extreme fandom on game day. It's a perfect alcohol slashed beverage for game day. Whether you're tail getting the parking lot, watching at a bar, or watching with friends at home. Twisted t is here to turn up your game day. Keep a twisted grab a refreshing twist the tea today. The twisted question comes from Mitch and the question is.
Speaker 2: You wake up in year twenty seventy four, what is the first thing that you google? You only have like one googleable thing? What's the thing that you.
Speaker 4: Go one googleable thing? And this is, in my opinion, emotional, maybe the best twisted question we've ever had.
Speaker 2: This is tough. Yeah I want to I'm gonna go through my thought process here. I'm thinking first timething in family, you know, like who's still around for my family? Like who can I find? You know whatever. I'm thinking sports like recent champions I'm thinking like you know, if my you know, Kentucky they won a national championship whatever, like Titans, like super Bowl, like we get a super Bowl. And then I'm thinking financially, I'm thinking my stock portfolio and looking at you know, what the what the S and P is looking like? So looks like, yeah, I'm going to.
Speaker 5: Go twenty seventy four. So the people that have died have died, Like we're just frozen and we wake up and you get Google.
Speaker 4: Yeah we were Austin Powers, we go in the crowd chamber, we wake up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a good wrinkle in it. I fifty years where Will was going with it that like you're going to go back, like you're not going to stay?
Speaker 1: Oh is that for?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Are we going to go back.
Speaker 7: I think you're going to go back in time. That's why you only have one Google searchtch so you.
Speaker 2: Can use that information to your advantage when you come back.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, done. I would Google so it's today, it's August what twenty sixth I would look up. So I'm going I'm getting at Google. I'm coming back. I would google what were the lottery numbers for whatever? August thirty first, twenty four Done? Send me back. I'm going to get a ticket. Probably not, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: Even that idea makes your stock one that much that much nicer. One you understand the few ticker symbols that you're like, I'm right, I'm going literally all in on these mothers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Fortune five hundred companies right now.
Speaker 5: But honestly, I just don't think I could not just sit at the laptop and just type in Nebraska corner Huskers National championships in football, and then you see twenty twenty five in there.
Speaker 4: Bro, what if you saw nothing twenty twenty six like you were just three in a row. That's like that's basically say, like when and then I get to come back on.
Speaker 2: But you're gonna fuck it all up you're gonna change the whole.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but fly.
Speaker 2: No, hey ya.
Speaker 5: I'd be so sick because then I'd be trying to tell you guys what I saw and they'd be like, he's insanely delusional. We gotta get him to a hospital, and then it would happen.
Speaker 4: But what if you if you google that and it said Nebraska corn Huskers National championships and you said the last one is nineteen nine seven, then you come back and you're like, we're gonna be great this year with the night. It's like, you know, that's not true. Yeah, that's that's like googling Like that's like, that's like googling roo, like go putting her name in there and then you could find out if she's alive or not, or what she's doing with her life. Then you go back and you essentially know what she's doing. It's maybe something you don't want to know. I think I do want to know, though, you would want to know when you die that type of situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I kind of want to know when I'm dying.
Speaker 4: That's very I don't know, brave or I don't know if that's brave courageous. Yeah, that's courageous. Of you, I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Just let me know.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Now, that's so I'm googling the lottery tickets for the upcoming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the right answer. I think I will stick with my thought process and do the same thing with the stock stocks and just look up Yeah, who Finance, get the S and P five hundred. Few stocks I've never heard of that probably aren't businesses that even exist yet that I know when they do exist, they're going to pop off.
Speaker 10: So just google performing companies in the last Yeah, that's decade in the last year.
Speaker 5: Biggest misconception of Will levis.
Speaker 2: The biggest misconception of of Will levis I don't know. I think I just wish more people got an opportunity to just meet me in person, get to know like kind of who I am as a dude. I'm not outside of photo that I think a lot of people think I might be with, you know, like that commerc the crazy commercial. But this was an awesome piece that they put together. They did one for and one for me. But I think that gave a good look and so kind of what my day to day is looking life right now. But yeah, I don't know, I don't really know what the public perception of his of me per se, So just to help keep doing the right things to show people who I am.
Speaker 5: The good thing is like you've spoke about it, and now you can almost lean into the to the weirdo stuff, Like everybody who knows.
Speaker 4: You knows you.
Speaker 5: Now you leave the world you know, now you just start leaning into the bullshit.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, no, no, I think that's a great way because the people that will just follow you online will never that will never know You're like, who cares that their opinion is. So you can be as goofy and as weird as you want, play into it, and then everyone else is like the right people know. People are like, yo, Will's a weirdo. It's like no, man, if you knew them.
Speaker 5: Exactly, it's like, you will really weird like that. You're like, no, he kind of just.
Speaker 4: Fucks around, Yeah, which is kind of the best compliment. Yeah, when he kind of just fucks around really not.
Speaker 5: For sure he's fit for a straight jacket.
Speaker 4: It's tough when everyone's like, hey, is Will really love Nebraska that much? I have to be like, yeah, he really believes that, dude, we're rooting for you. This year man. Yeah, got that over under five and a half game for the testsee titians and I will be betting the over, don't Will, Will just I am betting the over on that. What's that? We need Will to.
Speaker 1: Sign our new helmet.
Speaker 9: Were getting signatures amazing the first one here, oh second second, Sorry, I just kind of want to touch it.
Speaker 1: Touch it unless you're a guest.
Speaker 4: Hold up for the camera. Let's go, ladies and gentlemen, Will last Will.
Speaker 5: Thanks Bro.
Speaker 4: This was fun, man, this was awesome, long time coming.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for having me.