Speaker 1: When was the last time you had food poisoning? Jack?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Was it recent? No, I'm not asking you, like about the fucking tizz results. You're like, yeah, Jack, go ahead, when was it? Seems like a lot of food poisoning happening in that household interesting, but you've never had it? Wow, I guess everyone else is unlucky in that house.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: I think the night that uh my wife and I got engaged, I rented a limo and the champagne glasses in the limo were dirty. I didn't get a good limo. Oh, and so I drank out of those and then I'd like, rented a hotel for us for a couple of days and spent the entire two days in that hotel just in bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My last one was a firehouse Subs Firehouse Subs. It was like a chicken and mushroom. It was the mushrooms on the sand, which I know it had to have been because I was like, no, they're they're kind of flavorful. Today the mushrooms have like a bite to them. Yeah, they don't usually have the pickled What are these pickled mushrooms? They're fizzy? Hello the Internet and welcome to this Monday Morning Trends edition of Day. Yeah. It's the production of iHeart Radio. It's Monday, May thirteenth, Monday the thirteenth, remember remember I.
Speaker 2: Don't know.
Speaker 1: Making sense. It's Monday. Yeah, are remember remember the thirteenth of May? Remember remember remember?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For sure, remember remember the thirteenth of May. Remember Okay, remember that? Remember that? Man do we do the day? We don't usually say what day it is? I don't think too well, well we just did so no, no, like just so you know. It's National Decency Day whatever that is. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah day, just to let you guys know because we've been hearing stories. Yeah, people not keeping decent and also national dance like a Chicken daya so fun?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm Jack, that's Miles. Yes. This is the episode where we tell you what was trending over the weekend was trending this Monday morning. And first we tell you what is going on in our lives by telling you something we think is overrated. So we think is underrated. There's a stomach bug blowing through our our house. So my ship is, uh, I'm not sick, currently said, my ship is, like, are we talking literally here. Yeah, no, no, no, my ship, My ship is fine. Everybody, thank you, thank you, but yeah, mixed with stomach stomach bug, a lot of a lot of plates spinning over the weekend. I hear that. I hear that you have a good Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We went to this like restaurant that's like a garden. Her majesty was like, ideally it would feel like a picnic, but it's a it's a restaurant. And luckily there was like a place nearby in Maryland that fit that bill. So we were there. Nice. Yeah, we usually do picnics. This time we just did a little brunch. But yeah, picnics are the best Mother's Day picnics. Yeah, something about that I just love. Just like the ad from as a kid, the idea of like the cooler that had everything you needed inside of it always appealed to me. I was like, and everything we need it's in there. Drinks, food, napkins, everything. It's almost one little cube went napkins in my case because I suck it packing those things. Cuties?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Block man? Yeah? All right? Should we tell people what we think is overrated?
Speaker 2: You start overrated.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to take you back to the meat packing district, the segment of the podcast where I complained about meat packaging for some reason, what I used to dorm room. All right, bro hey, come on, all right, so I've already spent time on the Monday Morning Trending episode talking about bacon packaging being subpar. We learned that the fanned out shingle packaging was there to show off, like the pink side and hide the fat, and that's why it exists the way it exists. And my complaint is it was that it like doesn't it doesn't like fold back. It's there, there's very little of it that's like resealable. It's just like once floppy mess hot dogs. Had similar thoughts about hot dogs this weekend, just like I don't know, they have no excuse for needing to come in that like one sided, very similar packaging to the bacon. No, nobody needs to see what a hot dog looks like. There's no like good side of a hot dog that needs to be shown off, like oh yeah, we want to see this bad boy. Oh you know it's thinking about pulling the trigger on those Hebrew nationals. I just ya, just don't know what they look like exactly, and a lot of times they're like kind of graying, like I don't know, sure this might explain the stomach bug that's blown through our household. Great hot dogs anyway, we'll get into but I don't know, a lot of the hot dog packs are similarly packaged, and like you know, it's like an air tight plastic package, but like once you open it, it does not hold its integrity. Yeah, and like you have to do like put a fucking rubber band around it or you know, like there's just no that there were Oscar Myers like resealable hot dog packages for a while gone away, so the cheese dogs came in. I remember they were resealable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but now we're just.
Speaker 1: Back to like cut into it, and then I don't know that there's a wounding your hot dog packaging. Now there's Yeah, I think there's probably something where like if it was resealable, it would last longer. Therefore you wouldn't have to cook them all and then necessitate the need to repurchase more hot dog. Yeah. Yeah, definitely like the cynical version of it to me. But yeah, I just that's why I like whenever I just have like a. I always put it in tupperware, just boom, that's sealed. Fine lock bag speaking a zippy bags. But I don't know. Big issue is that they like it's similar to like a lot of cold cuts and things like that. At least cold cuts will start to like smell bad after you've opened them, because you'd do an indication of where you're at. Yeah, give you, like I need to know whereas hot dogs because they are comprised of ninety eight percent preservatives with like some meat mixed in. You've got a poorly packaged meat that will resist all the telltale signs of being bad, just like sitting in a wet like pouch that's been open to the elements. And I just I don't think it's the best thing for us, for the way I think I think.
Speaker 2: They can be beat.
Speaker 1: The way you're talking, it sounds like you in a panic. You made hot dogs for Mother's Day that got everybody sick, and now you're focusing all that frustration about that failed Mother's Like and it's the packaging. You know, me, you don't even know when they're bad because it's mostly preservatives and nobody knows it's next thing, you know, everybody's on the toilet in your house, and you're the bad guy who's just trying to make a memorable mother's day.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: I mean there were baked beans too, so don't make it seem like it was just just hot dogs. I did some canned baked beans. I tried to pass them off as chili dogs. Yeah, nobody was buying that. Yeah, you're feverishly texting me and Anna asking if you can cook beans with just a lighter underneath the cane. Things are rough. Yeah, we're both like, hey man, can this wait till monday? You got any alternatives if the plastic vacuum sealed you know, temporary bag is not good. Where do we need to go with this? I'm wondering if craft singles packaging like some sort of like individually wrapped, would that that way you can like use the born on date or you buy them loose too, like if we're doing are they like Lucy's or like, hey man, let me go to the story, just grab through hot dogs. Well, like I think this is how string cheese comes, right, Like string cheese already comes in a bigger package than each thing, like visually packaged. Yeah, with like thirty six sticks for plastic waste. Let's just say that they'll be uh recyclable or something or like in the old timey depictions where like they're like Frankfurters are always like a continuous sort of like wrapped ring. Yeah, yeah, like a rap. Yeah, like yeah, just a string of a vine of frankfurter's. That that's fun, and like each one is wrapped up in the old ways. Yeah, you can eat them like a cartoon wolf just like and swing them around like a prop like a feather boa. We've seen it all, or you know, tennis ball style, just stacked one on top of each other so they're like incredibly long.
Speaker 2: That's a bad idea.
Speaker 1: Actually, wow, that's a very like like can tower frat party style. Yeah, keep taping them into end man, who's got a fifty fifteen foot fucking scepter of hot dogs? Anyways, that's you know, that's this edition of the Meatpacking District. Yeah, just follow the just follow the sounds of the Boondocks Saints soundtrack straight for the meat Packing District. My overrated is my own supposed ego derived sense of my knowledge about Star Wars and the movies themselves. I like Star Wars. I was a big fan of you know, like all of the movies. Because by the time episode or Phantom Menace came out, I was like, thirteen fourteen, Oh yeah, ripe age to not like totally comprehend how bad it wasn't like all right, yeah, well this is the first one I'm alive for, so I guess I will have to treat it with respect. Did you go without all realizing it? By the time episode two came out, I was like, this is fucked up. Yeah, this whole thing. I'm like, this is a joke, Like this is nothing. It just doesn't feel as sacred or whatever. Anyway, So I became a neck beard at fourteen, and like I said, I like I had technical journals, like I knew a lot of like lore story stuff like the vehicles and technologies. But then I got hit with this piece of trivia on the internet and it completely fucked my head. So in the Phantom Menace, you know they are all these like handmade that are with Queen Amidala, you know, patme slash Natalie Portman. I knew that Sophia Coppola was one of those people because there are always like these articles about like celebrities who had like snuck into Star Wars homes. But Kiera Knightley was also one of the handmaids in the Phantom Menace. I had no fucking clue and someone posted this image of them. It's it's there, It's it's true, and I was shocked because this is like years before Benditt, like Beckham too, so this was kind of like a pre fame nightly thing. Yeah, so I don't know. That was just me being like, huh, I guess I don't know all the cool fucking bar trivia about Star Wars, and then I then I went back to sleep. I didn't lose too much sleep over it, but it was it was like my hot dog packaging. You can see the you can see the poster board with the red string behind me about all dedicated to the hot dog packaging. Oh yeah, and me trying to tell her majesty, Hey, did you know Kiaren Knightley was in the fandom? Mens like shut the fast fucking are you awake? Are you awake? Okay, well, now who do you think this is a picture of. It's not Natalie Portman from Phantom Menace. That's Karen Nightley in the makeup. Oh man, I've been spending a lot of time with the prequels lately against my will. And yeah, I just saw the third movie for the first time actually because I was so out, like I had a very similar trajectory or I was like Phantom Menace was actually like, I enjoyed it. And the second one opens with like a cool sequence and I was like, damn, we're here, we are and now we're but then it gets uh, it turns into the worst maybe a Star Wars movie of all time, with a lot of love story that is laugh out loud. The third one, though, you know, it's not terrible, you know, yeah, like it reminded me of Dune two and then you were like, Okay, I see why you made those first two now, like the it was building to something we get here that wasn't the best way to do it, but but here we are, Here we are. Yeah. My son's knowledge of Star Wars is all like in universe, Like he's a smart person in the Star Wars universe, so he would have no idea. He'd be like, what do you mean, Kiera Knightley, No, that's just one of the handmaids. Yeah, you know, he's like, why is that surprising to you that this is the group she traveled with?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course you.
Speaker 1: Should know the structure of the Royal Court of Naboo. It's also like, what there's there's another like eventually very famous actor Joel Egerton. Is that his name? The guy who plays like uncle Owen or who oh Luke? Yeah? Yeah, it gets left with It's just every time there's like a character or like an actor who appears in like a tiny role like five years before they then become huge, right, I always feel like, oh, Hollywood like just knows who's going to be famous, you know, like there's just this thing where they're like, yeah, we have it mapped out, so in four years, this is going to be the person who you are all going to know about. And there there's nothing you can really do. But there's there's a lot of a lot of actors that would disagree. It's like, oh, yeah, but where's my Marvel movie? Well I was, Yeah, I was Benjamin Bratt's right hand in some of those Star Wars movies. They forgot about me literally is right hand just on insert shots facemail that's my face all right? Underrated? I have the jerk off hand motion was underrated. Yeah, so I don't know. I got to do a conversation about hand gestures with a friend. He he described someone using the blowjob motion in a dismissive way, which I said I'd never witnessed and would actually have to like, I don't think that's what the blowjob motion is. Well, wait, what do you mean like to be like you know them, they're they're being like, yeah, yeah, like I just did. I just did it for you. But it's like you have to like kind of make the face you would make while doing the jerk off hand motion while pretending to suck a dick. But you know, interest rates aren't high right now, you know, Yeah, it just what doesn't work. It's not a very versatile like I feel like any use of the blowjob hand motion has to be implying something about a blowjob because it's also like such a dramatic thing to do with your hand. And yeah, because even if it's like you're saying, someone's like sucking up, like it's not even the most effective thing, right you know what I mean to demonstrate And sometimes people like get way too into it and it's like, oh, why are you why are you yeah, but I don't know. It did make me appreciate that because then I was like, well, I think they should have used the hand motion, and then just made me appreciate the utility and sheer dismissiveness of the jerk off hand motion, like when when done right again, it can be done to realistically with too much feeling, and you're like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, but you know, I just like that in this conversation, this person did the blowjob motion, and then you just went into your own head just extolling the virtues I in my now, I appreciate that they're like Jack, Jack, Jack, come back to us. But yeah, doctor O'Brien, Doctor O'Brien, we're losing the patient. Oh my god, that's right. I'm a surgeon. Yeah, but I don't know that in terms of if you want to dismiss something someone is saying, I don't think it can be topped with possible exceptional turning your thumb and hand into a bottle to be like this person's shita, which is also under or doing the old like loopy finger like this person's cool, but that one just feels very like that one. I feel like stopped in ninety five being useful. I really think, like when you hit double digits in age, that's yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, the booze one is pretty fuck. That one's also pretty good. It's right, okay, wrong, Yeah, but I'm sure this is like different preferences. But like for me, for my money, yeah, you know, it's the motion to like done to the side, like so it doesn't imply you're actually jerking off, you know, it looks like you're jerking off someone very much taller than you buy your shoulder, Yeah, exactly, but it does take a certain like my wife is not great at doing it. She gets like, I think, too excited, does it like too fast, and then sort of like throws suggestions at me like click clack and dice real Yeah, it's like too far out in front of her, I think. Yeah, yeah, control called the fire brigade. Yeah, I think in a loose ranking, it's up there with like the middle finger for me. Yeah for sure, yeah, for sure. Well, allow me to reveal my underrated the District of Columbia Washington, Washington, Washington d C. That's what stands for yep, exactly. It wasn't because they're big a C d C fans out here like it was Washington City. I thought it was like named in the early nineties. Yeah, no, that was cool. It isn't It isn't the city, not the state one, not the state one, the d city. But yeah, the more I come here, the more I appreciate it as a city. I mean, obviously not as like the spooky seed of government, which is also wild to think. It's like some of the world's worst decisions are being made mere blocks away from me right now. But I mean, like, you know, who needs representation in Congress when you get free museums. You know these museums, the Smithsonian. Baby, Yes, maybe wow. Yes, it's walkable, there's solid public transport, there's bike lanes, there's parks. There's a high chance you can offend a random person on the street by saying the government fucking sucks. It just has all these really cool little things. Even zekegang hollered at me on the street. It's a utopia. It's a utopia. All that to say is thank you for the person who who really made my day, who was walked past me and then said look at and I was like, oh shit, thank you. I could not even face the fellow zigang. But yeah, I think but for me too, Like growing up on the West Coast, a lot of us sort of view DC as sort of like this historical field trip city. It's like, well, yeah, you go to DC, like see all this like sort of historically significant stuff as it relates to the United States government. Yeah, but there's so much more, Like just it's so culturally diverse. It has such a rich history on so many levels, Black history, and there's just I yeah, I think it's great. I think it's great. And uh, but the recreational cannabis is overpriced, I gotta say, but I get it. Oh really, if you have if you have it, if you have a prescription, it's different. But like here they have this thing Initiative seventy one, I think it's called where basically it's sort of like how stuff was in the early days of like collectives and dispensaries in California, where they're like, we can't transact for money for cannabis, but if you buy this digital art piece, we can give you the cannabis as a gift for that. And you're like, oh, we're just make with the just make with the wead we don't need to do with the shrade but art piece and yeah, that to me was like the best thing I'd heard because it's like, yeah, do you want this like bucket hat that you will wear? Yeah? I'm like, you know what, you don't even need my email, but thank you will make my leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would be a little nervous about that, like that they're asking for personal information when buying weed. But does everything smell like weed? I haven't been there since. Uh, like, is it like California? And that I think anywhere that anywhere that relaxes their shit on weed, it's people are going to smoke weed. So yeah, I don't say that as like a Fox News contributor. It's like it just smells like marijuana everywhere. I think it's good, Like it makes me calmer to like smell. It's like everybody's hey, people are chilling, man, people are sure. People are good out here? Your favorite place in DC, Jacks. I'm asking you as someone who went to school here. I was like, dude, what about you? Man, where do you gotta go when you come out to DC? And you're like, ah, I got been so long. It's been so long and so long did you have your like engagement party out here or something, or did you propose out here? We get married there? Oh you got mesed and did all that stuff in New York?
Speaker 2: Got it, got it?
Speaker 1: Got where'd you get married? If so, I can go check the Mellon auditory. Okay, I'm going to go by there. We got married on Georgetown's campus, like at the little chapel there and then oh nice, yeah melon auditorium. All right, big big wedding, people flying in from Korea. It was it was wild wow. So yeah, sound like a real Christie Nome type of occasion. Dignitaries fromer I said to them, you should have seen what I said to them when they se what I said to them, Spare me with your gifts. Just pick a new leader. What All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about some news. And we're back. We're back. And there's a video going around of John mckent. Is that mc tee, Yeah, mc tee, mc and tee just big rap boy and energy, failed high school quarterback, Energy because he was a high school quarterback. Though let's not you know, let's not dismiss that he is actually a failed high school quarterback too. You know, respect to that man, but he so he was a member of the Trump administration, got escorted out and fired because of financial crimes. But obviously doing financial crimes will not you know, Trump will only be impressed by that. So he was eventually rehired and is now helping head up Project twenty twenty five. Yeah, he also started the right stuff, the Maga tender app that currently there's a darth of women that are willing to go on there and subject themselves to the the social platform that stresses profile at all of women. Yeah, just a darth ball of a dearth of them. And I like but darth though too, but also you know, saying that you know they they it's profiles without the pronouns obviously. And on his TikTok he just he posts all kinds of just dumb, like weird liberal gotcha videos that just don't make sense. But this latest one is really doing numbers for how just fucking depraved it is. This is This is Johnny McEntee with his tips on how to how to hook the unhoused people up around in your city.
Speaker 3: So I always keep this fake Hollywood money in my car. So when a homeless person asks for money. Then I get my fake five dollars bill, so I feel.
Speaker 1: Good about myself.
Speaker 3: They feel good, and then when they go to use it, they get arrested. So I'm actually like helping clean up the community, you know, getting them off the street.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yep, So everyone's like what, First of all, that's illegal, but also sure this sull makes sense to somebody who is like, yeah, and that's how I That's how I clean up the streets, I think later. I don't know if he initially clean aimed it as a joke, but he definitely has. The video caption now on one of his other platforms says it's a joke. Calm down, I don't Just because I had this very realistic looking prop money in my car that I said I give out to people through my car window doesn't mean I actually do that. Now that someone pointed out that that could be felonious activity. But anyway, big jokes, JA man, Yeah, yeah, the criminal defense that only works for guys who look like him. I was joking, Oh my god, what are you talking about. I think I actually poisoned McDonald's food and then pass it out to people and would never do anything like that. That was just some joke poison I had in my car. Seems like a nice guy, all right. Yeah, but again, this guy, you know, he started as like Trump's like body man, and then like you said, they he was under investigation for a serious financial crimes. He's I think he like bragged a musical that he's also managed to like master the art of forging Donald Trum signature and instrumental in the election denial trying to get Pence to do the deed on January sixth, and yeah, now project twenty twenty five. So he's really he's just falling his way upward towards the sky. Yeah, just crime in his way forward. He also has a name that like, this is the first time that he has existed as a person in my brain because it's just you know, that name in a list of other co conspirators is pretty right, right, It's like, I don't know Jack, it sounds America guy name Johnny mcin t Ryan older House Yep, yep, ruse definitely Odor.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of Yeah, Trump hadder rally in Jersey, fled about the crowd, saw, yeah you're going to Wildwood, We're going to do Maga rally. Fled about crowd size, insulted Springsteen, and I don't know some people like that. There's been some news stories that are like, guys, he's this is the most unhinged one yet. We need to he was shouting out a cannibal. Lecter did shot an annibal. Lecter said he was dearly departed like rip rist in peace. Great guy, but just yeah, I mean, seemed about as unhinged as as ever. Well, yeah, I mean, he he was claiming there was almost one hundred thousand people I think the day before then today he's like there was over one hundred thousand people. Like a spokesperson for Wildwood, New Jersey was like, yeah, there's probably between I don't know, eighty and one hundred thousand people, but many, like non trumpy observers said it was not even close to that number, and like most people left because he was ranting ninety straight fucking minutes. Yeah, and not even these people were like, yeah, I want I'm just gonna play this clip. I don't even know what he's talking about, but I'm also it's like so bad. I'm a bit dubious if this is the actual audio, because it seems like he's just saying whatever is coming to his mind, while people are clearly like most people have seen like the shots with like he has this whole he's like silhouetted by this just wall of supporters, like packed to the rafters. But the reverse of like what the crowd looks like in front of him, Yeah, mostly people bored hell are leaving. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, A tenderhearted woman saw a poor half frozen snake.
Speaker 1: His pretty colored skin had been all frosted with the dew. Poor thing. She said, oh, the snake poem. Yeah. So the reverse shot looks like like a Coachella stage of like it's not going well, you no, Like people are like kind of sitting there, not really responding, and there's just a line of people streaming out behind him, behind them at the at the back, which is wild because I'm pretty sure there weren't like other authoritarian dictators speaking like at other stages that they could have been going to, like they came for Trump and were like Jesus Christ, he loves to make poem again. Yeah, he's been doing that for a fucking Was he doing that in the first campaign or was that second campaign. I think he's been I think he's been doing that from from way back. Oh boy, yeah, poem was so mean that if he went to dinner with him and he didn't like you, he'd be dead the next morning. And I got better more than him. Oh boy, yeah he's he's having I guess, an absolutely regular one. And yeah, I just like also liked that the fact that he decided to take a shot at Bruce Springsteen because obviously everyone in New Jersey hates that fucking carpetbagger. And like even when some people like when he first said like, yeah, you know people like Bruce Springsteen. I think there's more people here than at Bruce Springsteen show, they just laughed. It wasn't even like yeah, I think you're like momus, like we're from Jersey. This is not even close. But this caused many Boss fans to post pictures of shows where actual tens of thousands of people had gathered to be like this does not compare or compute or whatever, but hey, you know that's that's what That's what life's like for Trump, just going to the Garden State taking shots at Springsteen, telling weird poems I think that were written by a black people. Okay, has anyone ever seen silence? Of the Lambs, the Late Great Hannibal Elector. He's a wonderful man. He oftentimes would have a friend for dinner. Remember that the last scene. Excuse me, I'm about to have a friend for dinner. Has this poor doctor walked by? We're about to have a friend for dinner. Hannibal Elector. Congratulations, the Late Great Hannibal Elector. We have people that have been released into our country that we don't want in our country, and they're coming in totally unchecked, totally unvetted, and we can't let this happen. They're destroying our country. And we're sitting back and we've been damn well win this election, because if we don't, our country is going to be doomed. It's going to be doomed. He doesn't even connect the Hannibal Elector thing, like I'm assuming he meant to. He started out meaning to be like and these people are worse than Hannibal Elector. But first of all, he just keeps talking about how cool Handble Elector, how cool and dead Hannibal electric is, weird, weird choices, great dinner host folks, great hosts part Yeah, and then just taking the Chris Farley show approach to remember Hannibal Elector's cool. Yeah all right, we just drifting aimlessly. Yeah, it just sucks that those people did not want to hang around for that or his completely misinterpreted the snake recitation, right, sure, yep, yeah, that's what he does.
Speaker 2: That's what he does.
Speaker 1: And uh so the Christy nomebook eagerly anticipated by no one really, but I guess the media who get to write these stories about like all the bullshit that's in there that finally dropped. We got more words there, probably uh not true? Yeah, yeah, which is great. This time, she said that she totally pulled a fucking power stunt on French President Emmanuel Macron last year. She says, quote, while in Paris, I was slated to meet with French President Emmanuel Macran. However, the day before we were to meet, he made what I considered a very pro Hamas and anti Israel comment to the press. So I decided to cancel. Oh yeah, fuck yeah, girl, cancel his Prohamas ass. Let them fucking know, honey, from the fucking windows to the wall. What else? Mother, mother? What's the square root of sixty four? Um? If you liked that story, though, please don't reach out to Macron's office to verify the story like NBC did, because they will say. Quote, a representative from the Elyse Palace disputed nomes account, saying there's no record of a scheduled meeting, nor was there an invitation extended to her. When reached for comment Friday, a spokesperson for Nomes said that quote, the governor was invited to sit in President of Macron's box for the armist to stay parade at Arcta Triumph, So you were invited to be at an event he was at, you know. And spoiler alert, he didn't even show up at this event. So even if she had, he wasn't even there for the chance to even be like, ah Am Macron, I'm off of the year pro Hamas fucking rantings because like the NBC also tried to figure out what he may have said to the press, like in the lead up, and it was just very boilerplate Western European leader shit. Right after the October seventh saying like oh yeah, like I condemned Hamas and Israel has like a right to defend itself, but they should also not indiscriminate bomb people, and okay, I don't think. Wow, not today, not on my watch, my watch, so shouldn't kill innocent people? Okay, Wow, it's okay, Homs, I'm out of here. I'm off this. I'm not going to come to your box for the Armistice parade at the Arc de Triomphe box suite or whatever you Her lines are just like such basic like kid in middle school lies where it's just they all seem to start with leg so I told him, And it's just some bullshit that she like wishes, she said. But in a lot of cases, like the entire conversation didn't even happen. So it's just it's that it's like that freshman year of high school lying energy. I feel like freshman year of high school brings a lot of like lies out for kids because you have a chance to like start over sometimes, like you have different classmates, you can kind of create your own myth. I remember like out there you know high schools, your high school too? Yeah, man, cool man, I can't wait, dude, I saw Kirvana this summer. What about you, guys? Son Rvana? You know I got kid's T shirt. I remember there was this fucking kid my freshman year. Man. He fucking said that Green Day played at his like fourteenth birthday for like eighth grade, and we're like how He's like, my dad knows them. And we're like, how is your dad like in the industry or something. He's like, nah, my dad, my dad's an accountant like for a record label. He's like, nah, but he knows. Like he didn't even think his lie out passed Grand Day pay to my birthday, and it was also became one of those things. It's like later on like he was like became more chill, and I remember bringing it up and he's like, I never said that. I was like, all right, that's what I'll call you green Day full because you said that came to your birthday. You are Green Day behind your man Green Days, acting like he didn't say Green Day came to his fucking birthday party. What the fuck? So you guys called me that because of how much weed I smoke. Fuck, that's a lie, too, said, You've never done drugs in your life. Yeah, it wasn't the Kim Jong un story, Like she told him. I know a thing or two about dealing with little tyrants because I've worked with children before. I was a Sunday school teacher. Yeah yeah, and then immediately just the immediate backing down and it's like that scene and is it happy Gilmore Billy Madison, Billy Billy Madison. That Veronica Vaughan is one fine piece of assive And I know from experience. No, no you don't, well no I don't, but yeah, she just a friend of mine. Him and her got it on. No they didn't, Yeah, no they didn't. But Marley references and you could imagine what it would be like. Right, you're welcome, young listeners. Yeah, yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we're gonna come back and talk about solar storms. And we're back, and yeah, there was some there was a bit of solar activity over the weekend. Yeah, yeah, yeah. A lot of places got to see the Aurora borealis this weekend in the US. Yeap went as far south as a northern California and Alabama. Yeah, you could apparently allegedly could have seen them from d C from what I read, But when I went outside there was clouds, and then I was just so tired. I I should have acted like it was an actual chance to see something like very significant to our earth, But yeah, I was just too tired. So I was like, oh, well, maybe God, maybe God is intending for me to go to Scandinavia and see it like yeah at the way Away attended, or Alaska, wherever the fart, wherever. Just I gotta go up in the northern hemisphere there, Yeah, catch the last solar eclipse. But that's just because I'm going to go so crazy for the solar eclips. Many just no, you're not, No, You're I'm not.
Speaker 2: No, I'm probably not.
Speaker 1: But you can imagine though, right, Yeah, I guess yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of people seem to be processing this by posting uh Simpsons memes on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Specifically the uh.
Speaker 1: The Skinner meme where he is eating with Superintendent Chalmers the super Nintendo Chalmers, Yeah, super Nintendo, and is like, uh, there's a fire in his kitchen. He claims that's the or borealis this time of year, at this time of day, this part of the country, localized entirely within your kitchen. Wow, I wonder this is when you know you're getting old too, because I'm sure there are a lot of people been like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 2: What are you guys talking about?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What are these yellow cartoon characters talking about Steamed Hams. Yeah, it was a great fucking day for us, So obviously that was the reference everybody was using on social media. There. There were some concerns about the storm because it was a G five storm, Oh god, and we all know what that means. But fly like a G six, So it's probably less than a G six, less than a G six, but definitely more than a G four. And you kept tell and I had a feeling it's on like what we were seeing. Definitely more than a G four. This was the first of this strength to hit the planet since two thousand and three, and when that one hit it temporarily knocked out power in part of Sweden and damaged electrical transformers in South Africa. This one, this time, we I mean no major damage as of yet. The storm did affect communication systems that rely on high frequency radio waves, so that fucked up my ham radio stuff. Yeah, what's your call sign on there, steamed Ham Radio, steamed Ham Radio. Yeah, Steady Hammond. I like that. I'll go by Becky Hammond, Becky on there. Yeah. The other thing, I guess GPS really fucked up, fuck things up for the farmers, which I did not know that. I mean, yeah, again, I don't know anything about agriculture, but I was like, oh, that makes sense. Automated agriculture machines. Cool. Yeah, they have a form of GPS that is better than ours, apparently they have, like their tractors use GPS for automated guidance while planning crops. But it has to be like incredibly precise, right, Like it can't be the normal GPS. Nice, you're one, You're on one of these roads in this general area, right and based on the factor're moving in that direction at that speed, you can't be going the wrong way on a one way So we're going to say you're here just making educated guesses at that point. But their tractors are precise to the point of like centimeters, which like allows them to plant in straight lines and allow for proper spacing, which is just a crazy level precision that they have.
Speaker 2: Access to that I wasn't aware of.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Brian the Editor, with the fucking facts here. Civilian GPS limited to three meters real real GPS is centimeter accurate. Brian the Editor, any thoughts we we have had you on before to talk about the dangers of a solar storm, the possibility of a solar storm. Eventually, solar storms knocking shit out. Yeah we did. We did the sexiest solar storms of the past fifty years. You came in and gives her top five. But this one, it seemed like there was There were definitely like Wi Fi issues that I saw happening in America on Friday. I don't know if they were related, but generally it seemed like the system held.
Speaker 2: How did you feel.
Speaker 5: I didn't have any problems because I was actually getting my internet set up my new apartment, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't have noticed it right right, and it sucks. I heard it. I heard it did affect a bunch of hot dogs though the solar Yeah, a couple of people stomach bugs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, any shrimp and port one times during a solar storm or.
Speaker 1: Bad things might happen. Yeah. God, everybody's getting it in some weird way. I feel like one of the early zombie movies made of maybe Night of the Living Dead, like there's a comet or something. There's some celestial explanation for the zombie apocalypse. I mean, it's the it's the classic explanation.
Speaker 5: If you don't yeah, if you don't want to explain why the shot in your movie is happening.
Speaker 1: Just show a comment hitting Earth during the credits. The problem solved, right, yeah post post credits scene, do that happened because that comment? Anyway, have a good night. Sometimes it's like spacecraft disguised as a comment. But yeah, anyways, we should say it's the system has held together pretty well so far. But we do have to await the emergence of any zombies or you know, people going haywire and hey, yeah, we'll see well yeah, like again November, take your time if you're gonna if this is also zombie related, maybe maybe hold it or I don't know, maybe just do a whole whatever you want, whatever you want. Yeah, Katie Britt, we have an update from Katie Britt. Missed her Actress of the Year. I think she just won a BAFTA over the weekend, so she's center. Who did the response to Biden's State of the Union was that this past year or year before that was that was okay, Yeah, that's how fucking wild shit feels. She somehow didn't die of embarrassment after doing one of the strangest just approximations of humanity in the speech where she's like on the like she always looks like she's on the verge of tears, but also it feels fake but also like it's yeah, it's just weirdly on the verge of like screaming to the point that her like blood vessels would burst in her eyes. Yeah, it's everything. It was a powerhouse performance.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, she's introducing a new bill called the Mom's Act, which sounds cute. We all love moms, right in time for Mother's Day. Mom stands for more opportunities for moms to succeed. Okay, so the word moms is both the acronym and one of the letters, and we'll allow it. Fine, very clever. And it proposes to establish an online government database called pregnancy dot gov listing resources related to pregnancy, including care providers unless and you could probably fill in what the unless is unless they provide abortion related services. Pregnancy dot gov. This sounds very good. This sounds very good. So it's probably going to be a lot of propaganda, probably crisis births and pregnancy center things nothing to do with your pregnancy that would actually keep someone informed about what their options are. I'm guessing that's just what I'm thinking if that's what Senator britt is a is whoever whatever interest group basically said, here your put it. You're gonna introduce this onto the Senate fold. Just go out there and do what you're told. The site would quote provide misleading information and effort to dissuade women from seeking abortion, and the bill itself would quote provide grants to anti abortion nonprofit organizations, and it actually like gets worse from there, which is pretty wild. It just feels like she's gone full Handmaid's Tale. Her website would require users seeking info to provide their contact information. So essentially, we create a national registry of pregnant women created by the people who are actively trying to criminalize abortion. Mmmm yeah, wow wow wow wow Yeah that will I mean the video itself again, she I don't know if she's ever able to do things not super creepy, like her performances feel like when artists do commentary on mass media and like there's like this uncanny thing about like the people on TV selling us like fucked up messages black hole sun core. Yeah exactly. So this is just a little taste of how she wanted to let you know it's safe okay, and I'm a smiling lady. Yeah you should picture wide smile plastered across her face. Hi.
Speaker 6: As a mom, I know that there is no greater blessing in this life than our children. And I also understand the types of challenges that women face during their pregnancy journeys and while raising their kids.
Speaker 1: Dude, this music is fucking violent. I don't know how else to describe it. Like, you're not tricking me with this fucking acoustic guitar string piano arrangement, as much as you want to make it feel like, no, no, this is but nine, this is.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a benefit.
Speaker 1: This is a song that my husband was playing on the acoustic guitar at the bonfire that I met him at. Right, Yeah, he was a youth pastor and I was one of the in the youth, the youth group. Let's let's what else. Let's want to see the last couple of seconds of it. What kind of entertainment value do we get out of it? If any?
Speaker 6: I'll continue to fight to a dance a comprehensive culture of life, to empower parents and to grow opportunities for hard working families. Every child across their nation can reach their God to give them potential and every woman can fry.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, yeah, that's uh.
Speaker 7: Well, that's here, it's here, this is this is what they're this is hey, all part of Project twenty twenty five, because that's also another one of the aims of a new Despotic regime is to do away with any kind of healthware body, any.
Speaker 1: Of that, any any privacy, any Yeah. Yeah, it's not a cult. It's not a cult. That was very natural, very natural sincere vibes I got from that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And yeah, pregnancy dot go y'all check it out, check it out. Uh And finally, we have an opportunity to let you know about you can eat like Garfield at the Olive Garden. You guys, how does one eat like Garfield? Well you might have heard this, but Garfield like lasagna. That okay, So the entire menu is literally just lasagna. Obviously, the entrees lasagna, I'm not I'm not surprising you with that one. The appetizer miles also lasagna. Oh. The dessert okay, lasagna frittata. Lasagna frita is.
Speaker 2: What it's called.
Speaker 1: It looks like what is that like fried polenta with just like sauce, on it. Okay, sure, yeah, cut with meat sauce on it. It's not technically lasagna, which I think the thing okay, and that's okay, that's okay, just shut the fuck up. I'm trying to eat like Garfish. Yeah, garflet is on the on the ad being like I always start with this app looking very smug and satisfied, well fed. But yeah, the dessert is a chocolate lasagna and people are already treating it like a challenge to like eat the whole thing three than six hundred and sixty calories. Wait, if you eat the fucking Garfield menu, that's like once all fuck off should be like a day and a half. I think is probably the FBA. Yeah, yeah, that's a that's a lot of Garfield fandom going on.
Speaker 2: If you're if you're willing to put that down.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. There's a new Garfield, like this is the other thing? Was like, there's a movie coming out, yeah soon, who's Garfield? Oh that's right? And everyone's like, wasn't Bill Murray the voice of Garfield?
Speaker 2: At one point?
Speaker 1: He was he signed on to do it. I don't know was he the voice or was it like one of those live action combination things. I think he was the voice, yeah, which makes sense. He he has Garfield energy. But I remember that was a story where the yeah right, yeah, the person who made it was named Joel or Ethan Cohen. Wow, Joel Cohen is that of the Coen Brothers is like stepping out. So it was like one of those things where because he like does all his decisions on his own managers an agent. Yeah, kind of got fucked on that one. But it's anyway, this one is going to be a cinematic classic. Yeah, I don't know what is this actually gonna make money? I just don't know, or I guess care. I think that's that's the other part is Garfield feels so like irrelevant, you know what I mean, Like I don't know how else to put it. I mean like I get the character itself looks yeah, sure it's like Garfield. But are the kids. Are the kids asking for Garfield? I don't think so. My kids are not asking for Garfield. I think this reminds me of like the big Blockbuster movie they had a couple of weeks ago, was fall Guy, which was, you know, a Ryan Gosling movie that was like kind of because they can't just be like give him another Marvel movie anymore because Marvel is run out of They're like, give give them another Gossling.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They're like kind of throwing dart at a wall, like trying to figure out what it is that people would want that could be like bankaball and so in this case, they're like, give them another cartoon that is well known that is voiced by Chris Pratt.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, at least Samuel L. Jackson is the voice of his father. Thank god. I was. I was waiting for a vehicle where sam Jackson was Chris Pratt's father. Oh wow, that's where I get. After an unexpected reunion with his long lost father, scruffy street cat VIC voiced by Samuel Jackson, Garfield and his canine friend Odi are forced from their perfectly pampered life into joining Vic in a hilarious high stakes heist. Wow. Oh cool, cool, that is cool, Miles, You're right, that's cool. But again, I feel like diminishing returns, Like they're trying to copy the success of Super Mario Brother. There's that cartoon with like a Garfield cartoon with Chris Pratt is Yeah, it's written by the same guy who wrote Finding Nemo and Emperor's New Groove, And I guess the director also worked on Emperor's New Groove. Like that shit came out in two thousand. Wow, well they've been working on it for a while. Hey, they know what the kids want. I'm telling you we're we're good here.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about the bill because conceivably the people that would even take their kids to see this movie were born around the time the last big animated thing these guys made was right, Yeah, that makes sense. Yeah, so we'll say it's it's such a stupid thing. But it is an instinct I have where I'm like rooting for the box office. Like the Planet of the Apes movie did well this week, and I was like, yes, people, those are going to do well. There's maybe there will be They do like exactly the same every time, like it made like fifty six million, and like the last one made like fifty four and yeah, because I want there. I want people to continue to be able to go to the movies, for that to continue to be an option. But it's tough team to root for when it's like these sorts of decisions can you imagine they just they're just gonna start going all in on Planet of the Apes mashups. They're like, all right, dude, this is then this this shit is still giving us something. Man, So what if are they part of the MCU. Is there any way we can connect the Planet of the Apes with that? About a rom com set in the Planet of the Apes uniform? You know, dude, I have to all.
Speaker 2: Be war and fighting.
Speaker 1: That would be so absurd that I feel like that could be hilarious. Like like when this silver back enter Rangutang said they were they couldn't be together. They went against all odds to prove to the world that they were true prime mats. Yeah, prime mates. There you go, try that out. Try that out. That's a free one, Hollywood. Don't even want anything for that. Just promise you'll make it. Oh man. The Fetichini Alfredo is like in the mix on this Garfield movie, Uh extravaganza. That was That was my go to when I was a kid and got to go to the Olive Garden Vetti Genie Alfredo, I won't be hungry for two weeks. Yeah, I mean, I feel like that was always the like I remember, like in the nineties, it felt like it was like uncool to order pot like red sauce, like everyone wanted FETI like Alfredo, that felt like the cool thing to eat. It was like, dude, red sauce, that's for my grandma. I eat molten cheese. Well, I think we also got fucked up on the red sauce because we were all eating like Ragu spaghetti, Yeah, which not great. I mean actually Ragu was better. Like we got like the chunky stuff that had like chunks of vegetables in it in a jar and that that was actually I liked even less than Ragu. No, well, good to know. I will. I will make sure I never prepare you that kind of sauce again. I feel like they've got the cannsauces figured out. No, like there's yeah, they're pretty good. They're pretty good. Good good shortcuts for the past eaters out there. Finally, Jerry Seinfeld gave the commencement speech at Duke over the weekend where his his kids go, I guess, and it went about as well as everything else that Jerry Seinfeld has done in the past month. Yeah, you know, he's been complaining about the wokes. He released his January sixth pop tart movie yep. And he's an avowed supporter of Israel, and it was recently revealed his wife donated money and encouraged others to donate money to the pro Israel counter protest group that showed up at u c.
Speaker 6: L A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's called the Right Side of History Jack. That's right. They're all in on that. They're just all in on that. Well, what a great time to ask him to speak? Well, school president Vincent Price, which like these colleges are just political and financial institutions. Yeah, no, it's the Vincent Price I got him, which is a bummer because his voice was drowned out by a chance of free Palestine, So you didn't get to hear Vincent Price's voice.
Speaker 2: What a what a gift?
Speaker 1: What did what does Seinfeld have to offer people who are graduating college. I'm glad you asked, Miles, because we got the inside from people, like people reported on it. They were like, so what did these kids miss? And I did see like one of the blue check Twitter people that Elon Musk insists on like putting in my Twitter feed was like, great job, guys, getting to watch Seinfeld at your commencement speech. Would have been a highlight of your life, and you out on it and missed it. You fucked up. So the thing that they actually missed out on was Seinfeld's three keys to life, work hard, pay attention, and fall in love. Oh my god, just real really that you know, that's cut down from his earlier draft ra fall in love with a seventeen year old high schooler when you're thirty eight and a TV star. But oh my god, well falling a lay listen, pay, work hard, pay attention, and fall in love. It couldn't be more fucking useless. It's it's great because, like he he has been for years talking about how he can't play colleges anymore because they don't like his joke about how people use their smartphones like a gay French king. Yes, yes, he used to take the note that like the gay is actually like doesn't make sense and you're just being here and instead is like the kids. It is the kids who are wrong, and insisted that colleges are too woke. And then, man, this must have been he must be psyched. Gets to really double down on this. Rogan or wherever the fuck he's gonna appear next. This quote from What apparently what he said, quote, whatever.
Speaker 4: You doing, I don't care if it's your job, your hobby, a relationship, getting a reservation at M Sushi, make an effort.
Speaker 1: What what Getting a reservation at M Sushi is great.
Speaker 4: Whether you're haggling with with someone who owns a rare car in Europe, just make sure you give it your best. You're not gonna pay three hundred thousand dollars in transportation fees.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, Jerry, thank you for that. Tell that to the kids who are out here. But he still gets it. He's still just one of the people. He understands. Thank God for is M Sushi? Like, please be like a place that Oh it's a place in Durham. Okay, so he was doing a local reference research. Wow, Jerry, you still got it, buddy, He's still that's on me. That's on me. Yeah. The form of the commencement speech is just I love that he did the paint by numbers, work hard, pay attention, fall in love, yeah cool man. Yeah. Well all right, well those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday morning. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye,