Speaker 1: As far as the Republicans. Look, the Republicans talk about it. It's not put on, but they've got to get tougher.
Speaker 2: They've got to talk, and they've got to talk about how well we're doing.
Speaker 1: I watched Laura before and she was saying, this is the most increasing She's giving me the numbers, the financial numbers of the trade numbers that just came out today.
Speaker 2: Our trade deficit is way down.
Speaker 1: There's never been anything, It's never gone down in history like it has during this a little bit more than a year.
Speaker 2: Think of that. And she was going over dispoint after point, I'm saying, how many people report this? People don't know.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the forty seven Morning Update with Ben First.
Speaker 4: Good Wednesday morning. It is nice to have you with us on the forty seven Morning Update. And if there's one thing last science elections have showed us, it is that socialism, communism, Marxism is alive and well within the Democratic Party, abdil El said versus Hailey Stevens is a prime example. Just how many votes didn't go to the establishment Democrat but went to the radical Marxist who wants to this country. We break down election night for you and what this means going into the midterms. But before we get to that, it feels like our country finally has momentum again. But the left they're doing everything they can to stop the America First policy.
Speaker 5: And we've seen this before.
Speaker 4: Conservatives get power, then we get comfortable, and then the left starts taking background inch by inch, and many would say that's what's happening right now, and we cannot let it happen going into these midterms. America needs every one of us in the fight, and a big part of that means supporting companies that actually stand for our values instead of fighting against them. Now, that's why I'm proud to partner with Patriot Mobile and why I'm proud to use them as a customer. Now, Patriot Mobile gives you premium priority nationwide service on any of the three major US networks. You get the coverage you need, plus unlimited data plans, mobile hotspots, international roaming, and then one hundred percent US based customer support. Now, switching right now has never been easier. You can keep your same phone, keep your same number, And how does it take to change, Well, no time at all. You can literally activate in minutes. Now, Patriot Mobile is so much more than great wireless service. This is the part I love the most. They are helping defend America's freedoms, our faith or family, and the future of this country. How do they do it by donating millions of dollars every year to organizations fighting for our rights and defending the rights of unborn babies as well. So make the switch. I'm gonna give you a free month of service as well. Go to Patriot Mobile dot com slash ben forty seven. That's Patriot Mobile dot com slash ben forty seven, or call them nine to seven to two Patriot. If you use the promo code Ben forty seven, you'll get that free month of service Patriotmobile dot com slu'spend forty seven or nine to seven to Patriot and make that switch and make a difference with every call you make to day. It's forty seven Morning update and it starts right now.
Speaker 3: Story number one.
Speaker 5: The Michigan Primary.
Speaker 4: It just changed the Democratic Party maybe forever. If you needed any more proof that the Democratic Party is moving dramatically to the left, I'm talking about communist, socialist, Marxist left. Well, you don't have to look at New York anymore, because last night all you had.
Speaker 5: To do was look at the results in Michigan.
Speaker 4: It's one of the most important Senate primaries in America, and in it sent a message that will reverberate across the country. And what many Democrats themselves described as a battle for the soul of their party, Well that soul has died and it's been replaced by the Marxists.
Speaker 5: Now this isn't just another primary.
Speaker 4: This was the progressive winging delivering a knockout punch to the Democratic establishment that came in not just in one state of Michigan, the entire countries establishment of the Democratic Party. And the candidate that was backed by Bernie Sanders, the candidate that was endorsed by AOC, the candidate who campaigned on Medicare for all, that's socialized medicine, the candidate who had been one of the loudest critics of America's relationship with Israel, yes anti Semitic, and the candidate who built the campaign around taking on what he called the Democratic establishment.
Speaker 5: Now I want you to think about what that says.
Speaker 4: Michigan, to be clear, is not San Francisco, Michigan, is not Portland, Michigan isn't even Manhattan. Michigan is one of the most important swing states in America. Donald Trump, by the way, has won Michigan, to put it in perspective, and Republicans have repeated he competed their time and time again. Now, for decades, Democrats argued that to win in Michigan they would need a moderate candidate who could appeal to the union workers, and then to the suburban voters, and then to the independence and then to the Reagan Democrats. Now that should obviously concern anyone wondering where today's Democratic Party is actually headed. Hailey Stevens wasn't some fringe candidate. She was a sitting member of Congress with a real track record. She had establishment support from top to bottom. An outside group spent enormous sums trying to help her campaign. Yet Democratic primary voters said, no, thinks. And that tells you something much much bigger than this being just one Senate race. It tells you who is winning the argument inside the Democratic Party. Now, for years, we've heard Democrats insist they were pushing back against the far left while actually promoting them. We've been told that the Bernie Sanders wing wasn't really in charge. Well, that is a lie. And we also have been told that AOC represents quote only a tiny slice of the party. Who said that, literally the leadership of the Democratic Party that now is also a lie.
Speaker 5: Who's really in charge? It is not the establishment.
Speaker 4: Democratic voters had a choice between a traditional Democrat and a progressive insurgent. Now the question is what comes next, because this race isn't just about Michigan. This about every Democratic politician who watched the results come in. We're talking about governors, We're talking about members of Congress. We're also talking about potential presidential candidates. Everyone is taking notes on what they just witness and the lessons. Well, even the Democratic establishment are in shock now. Someone who used to be the most extreme of the party, a guy by the name of Van Jones.
Speaker 5: I know him well.
Speaker 4: We worked together for seven plus years debating one another at CNN. In fact, we still debate each other from time to time. And he was on set at CNN and I want you to hear what he had to say about l Sied and the Steve facing off in this race and what this means for the Democratic Party moving forward.
Speaker 5: Okay, Van Jones, what are the stakes here for Democrats?
Speaker 6: Look, this is the whole ball of wax. I'm from Jackson, Tennessee. There was a guy named gil Scott Heron who had a great poem. It was called, the Revolution will not be televised. Gil Scott hearing is wrong. The revolution is being televised and podcasts and streamed and elected tonight.
Speaker 5: Why is that. It's because there is.
Speaker 6: A credibility gap that's opened up between the Democratic Party establishment and this insurgency. People are looking at people and they're saying, you've been telling us the same thing for a long time, and our lives are not even better.
Speaker 2: We got Donald Trump twice.
Speaker 6: There's also an innovation gap. Why can you spend sixty million dollars and get what like this? Because the old model was you get the donors to get the consultant to buy a bunch of ads, and you win. That's how you get attention. This movement says, I don't need donors, ads, I don't need consultants. I'm going right to the people with TikTok and grassroots and they've disintermediated the entire donor class, mediated the entire consulting class. And this is a revolution and so this is going to happen again and again. The Democratic Party is now Blockbuster. These kids are Netflix. We are selling CDs out the trunk. This is a napster becoming Spotify, and it's happening to night.
Speaker 5: So there it is. The revolution is being televised.
Speaker 4: The Democratic Party is Blockbuster, these kids are Netflix. Yeah, he's now saying, get ready because the Democratic Party it is dead. It is now the socialist, Communist Marxist candidates who are the ones in charge. Abdul Al said, well, let me just remind you what this guy had said in his own words.
Speaker 7: I mean, I just want you to think about this. I do not condone at all the murder of anybody, but I help ensure CEO got murdered in cold blood and everybody sided with the murder. I just tells you where people are. They are sick and tired of the system. They hate it, and so they want it solved. And I think we have an opportunity to actually go and solve it for them.
Speaker 4: That is demand sympathizing with those celebrating the murder Brian Thompson, that health insurance ceo who got murdered in cold blood and everybody sided with the murder. That just tells you where people are. They're sick and tired of the system. That's what he said, folks. Bill Lsay, the Democratic nominee, called Chuck Schumer this, Yeah, this is the leader of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 6: So you have all these plans of things to do in the Senate. Who are your biggest obstacles in the Democratic coute?
Speaker 7: I mean, clearly he's already presented himself the current.
Speaker 6: Leader, Schumer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like, who do you think is like the biggest set of problems? Futterman. Futterman is probably the biggest issue. Fetterman is the sitting counter argument to the kind of Midwest politics that I think really can work. He's also just an.
Speaker 4: That is Abdul Lsay telling you that John Fetterman is an a hole. Abdul Elsay also said he wants to out Chuck Schumer as the leader who could take his spot. I think there's a good chance it could be someone by the name of AOC. But here is the Democratic nominee talking about the leader of his party.
Speaker 8: Well, god willing, I will be elected in a majority, and god willing, our next majority leader will be Chris van Holland and Senator Van Holland will lead the effort, I believe, to past the kind of war powers resolution that we need and to block funding for a war that is illegal on its own terms.
Speaker 4: This is a man who says, my party, the Democratic Party, isn't communist enough, isn't socialist enough, isn't Marxist enough.
Speaker 5: Now he also and so, by the way, hates this country. How do I know this bill? I'll say?
Speaker 4: Also said that America was actually founded, as he described it, on racism.
Speaker 9: For the removal of a whole people, Founded on the idea that we could popromize on whether or not people as a function of the color of their skin could be enslaved to bother people. Founded under the idea that all people are created equal, all men, but that only meant certain men phenominally.
Speaker 4: And if you want to know what he believes, this is what he said to CBS about the Democratic Socialist Party.
Speaker 10: Not remember the Democratic Socials of America. They did not endorse you, but we know that their ideas and members out there in this state right now campaigning on your behalf and of literature for you.
Speaker 2: It's a big time, my friend.
Speaker 5: Any concern so.
Speaker 10: That they may be misrepresenting you. No look, asking you is one of them.
Speaker 7: When you figure anything, you know. It's funny, right, Democrats are so concerned about what other people say about us, and I think we just need to be more concerned about what we say about the lives of Michiganders. I won't to get money out of politics. Put money in your pocket past medicare for all. If you want to be part of that movement, whether you vote for Donald Trump three times or you are DSA, come join us.
Speaker 4: So there he is. Is he a socialist? Now they didn't endorse him, they work for him. This is a socialist, a socialist. It says, even if you've voted for Donald Trump, join me. I'll give you more free stuff. This is the Democratic Socialist, Communist Marxist Party, and it's very clear right now they are in charge of the Democratic Party, whether the establishment likes it or not.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to the forty seven Morning Update with Ben Ferguson. Please make sure you hit subscribe wherever you're listening to this podcast right now and for more in depth news. Also subscribe to the Ben Ferguson podcast and we will see you back here tomorrow.