Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie I know he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: The origin dates to the fourth century Rome and has been repeated ever since, including by our first Commander in Chief, George Washington, the first leader of the War Department. It captures a simple yet profound truth. To ensure peace, we must prepare for war.
Speaker 4: So clearly, Drew, I think we lost that thinking there for a while, certainly through the nineties and especially when we thought we were the only power on earth that could ever exist, so why would we have to worry about it? But now there is a country out there called China that actually is going to go to war with us at some point.
Speaker 5: And people said things like Pete Hegzeth, the Secretary of Defense, or do you say war just said.
Speaker 1: But they didn't really mean it.
Speaker 5: No, they didn't mean in a concrete way like whipping our jobs program oriented in some facets military into a true, lean, mean fighting force.
Speaker 1: But Pete seems serious about it.
Speaker 5: Here are a couple more clips from his speech today sixty one Michael.
Speaker 3: From this moment forward The only mission of the newly restored Department of War is this war fighting, preparing for war and preparing to win, unrelenting and uncompromising in that pursuit. Not because we want war, No one here wants war.
Speaker 1: But it's because we love peace.
Speaker 3: We love peace for our fellow citizens. They just nerve piece and they rightfully expect.
Speaker 2: Us to deliver it.
Speaker 5: Then he goes into some stuff about how the troops have to have good leaders and how we have promoted people for the wrong reasons, whether the gender or race or whatever. We've become obsessed with the first ever transgender Eskimo woman in charge of a Marine Corps battalion. Was no focus on effectiveness, and he said some really good stuff about that, and then he kind of summarizes it here in Clips sixty five.
Speaker 3: Michael, this administration has done a great deal from day one to remove the social justice, politically correct, and toxic ideological garbage that had infected our department.
Speaker 2: To rip out the politics.
Speaker 3: No more identity months, dei offices, dudes in dresses, no more climate change worship, no more division distraction or gender delusions, no more debris. As I've said before, and we'll say again, we are done with that.
Speaker 4: We are done with that. S no more identity months. I didn't realize the Pentagon was doing that.
Speaker 5: Please Big DEI department too wielded a lot of power.
Speaker 4: So there's a rebuttal to that, and I think it's worth playing now as a former sec deaf William Cohen, he was the Secretary of Defense under Clinton, I guess and I often like what he has to say. But he responded to what Pete just said there that that S is over with this on CNN today.
Speaker 6: Was it wokeness that said that we should integrate the military and Harry Truman did that?
Speaker 1: Was it wokeness?
Speaker 6: We said the tuske yearman contributed mightily to our World War two effort? Was it wokeness that allowed Colin Powell to become the first black Chairmlin Joint chiefs? Is that woke us? Is it wokeness that you had as General Charles I'll forget this lasting in a moment. But Charles Brown, he was appointed by the president, he had one hundred and thirty combat hours, he was top gunner at the station. And now he's saying, well, he was just maybe debris. Was Charles Brown debris.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, how is this so complicated or are they being phony?
Speaker 2: Did they ask?
Speaker 4: This was one of the worst.
Speaker 1: Most stupid arguments I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 2: But that crowd that says that, do they believe that?
Speaker 4: So you actually think that there can't be another Colon Powell unless you have some sort of DEI program. That's a blessing with her implying sure, that's a very insulting thing to say to Colon Powell. There was a time in the military where you were not allowed to rise up through the ranks if you were black or a woman.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: That was bad. We've did that.
Speaker 4: But but but but doing away with prioritizing someone who's black over someone is white, regardless of qualifications is bad.
Speaker 2: Also, how do you not understand that? Like him? Smart guy? Does he not understand that?
Speaker 5: And acting as if transgender girls, boys, whatever the hell on the front lines is the same as is integrating our forces people have different races.
Speaker 7: That's that's a.
Speaker 1: Stupid and insane argument.
Speaker 5: I don't know, he's either old or doesn't know what these terms mean something.
Speaker 4: People make that argument all the time, not just him. It's it's the you wouldn't have a Colon Powell with yes you would, Yes you would. I mean, and then do you realize what you just said how insulting that is to Colin Powell or Ruth Bader Ginsburg or whoever, whoever. Whenever you're trying to make the argument that you've got to prioritize women, black trends, whatever to get people to rise up, you're claiming they're not qualified to get there on their own.
Speaker 5: Well, in the first idiotic part of it, was it wokeness when Truman integrated the force? No, of course not no, that was reasonable. Was it wokeness to recognize the Tuskegee Airman? No, of course not no. That has nothing to do with wokeness there or heroes? Is it wokeness that Colin Powell will never have another one? To? Seriously, I don't even have the breath to address that argument. That was one of the most moronic, idiotic things I've ever heard a human being express. From the age of three on toddlers, I will excuse William Cohen has banned from our air waves henceforth, well forever. Again, It's not just him.
Speaker 4: That's the whole DEI argument of why it needs to exist that people will not You won't have anybody but straight white males if you don't have DEI what are you saying when you say that? Yeah, okay, you're saying that in nobody but straight white miles, white males is qualified to.
Speaker 5: Do any of these things. Is that what you're saying. I'm not saying, man crazy, Only lefties say that. So Pete Hegzeth goes on to say, he explains what he called the Golden rule, the new Golden rule for the military. You will give to your unit what you expect your unit to give to you. There will be no weak links or weak links or lowered standards, so that you know, one hundred and twelve pound women who couldn't possibly carry a big, strong trooper out of harm's way are part of the unit. No, everybody's going to be fit to serve. And he summarizes it here in clips sixty seven.
Speaker 3: This means at the war department, first and foremost, we must restore a ruthless, dispassionate, and common sense application of standards. I don't want my son serving alongside troops or out of shape or in combat unit females who can't meet the same combat arms physical standards as men. Our troops who are not fully proficient on their assigned weapons, platform or task, or under a leader who was the first but not the best standards must be uniform, gender neutral, and high. If not, they're not standards, they're just suggestions, suggestions that get our sons.
Speaker 4: And daughters killed. If we can't understand how obviously that is the right thing to do, then we deserve to be taken over by China.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would agree. I'm scrolling through email really quickly.
Speaker 4: I think I know for a fact, I know people who have told me for a fact that women got put into positions that they couldn't come close to doing the physical job that they needed to do cops and military. Actually, i've heard these stories. That's no knock on any woman who can do the same physical thing as a man, because something some can.
Speaker 2: But if you can't understand the difference, then you're just an idiot.
Speaker 5: Well right, exactly, you're an idiot, and I have no time for your idiotic arguments.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to find somebody blasted back in the media.
Speaker 5: If Pete Heggsth believes women don't have a role in armed forces as I've said more than once people don't resort to stupid arguments because they're keeping their good ones safeer tomorrow. No, it's because that's all they have. That's some weak tea blah blah blah blah, ruthless application of standards. Dan, He takes a shot at the fat generals. Enjoy this sixty eight.
Speaker 3: I'm also directing that warfighters in combat jobs execute their service fitness test at a gender neutral age normed male standard scored above seventy percent. Frankly, it's tiring to look out combat formations or really any formation and see fat troops. Likewise, it's completely unacceptable to see fat generals and admirals in the halls of the Pentagon and leading commands around the country.
Speaker 4: In the world, there's gotta be some fat generals and admirals in the crowd that were like, Hey, I am big bone.
Speaker 5: Fat island ozempic right now?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 4: Are there fat generals and admirals walking the halls of the Pentagon. It beatza insinuating that there is I suspect there are yes.
Speaker 5: And finally the final trip, he sums it up for you with a bafo finish.
Speaker 3: I have prayed this prayer time since I've had the privilege of being your secretary, and I will continue to pray this prayer for each of you as you command and lead our nation's finest. Go forth and do good things, hard things. President Trump has your back, and so do I, and you'll hear from them shortly.
Speaker 2: Move out and draw.
Speaker 3: Fire, because we are the war Department.
Speaker 2: God speaking wolf, move out and draw fire. We are the war Department.
Speaker 5: The soft, debauched, fat and happy US syndrome. At least there are some people fighting it or aware of it.
Speaker 1: This will kill us. Our laziness and softness will be our undoing.
Speaker 4: The only disappointing thing to me about any of this is that in three years you could have somebody who takes us.
Speaker 2: Back to where we were.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they can try. It took us a long time to get to where we were, you know, a few years ago. And and I would hope, because I have it on a reasonable authority, that when woke, idiotic cram downs come from Washington, DC, sometimes their implementation is a little slowish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, a bunch of people rose through the ranks who believe that crap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what you do with them.
Speaker 1: From them out fast as you can.
Speaker 4: And you know, Kamala Harris would be saying, we need a military that looks like America.
Speaker 2: No we don't. We need a military that looks scary af to China. That's what we need.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: If that's seventy six percent black guys, you know, find twelve Mexicans and the rest white people.
Speaker 4: Fine, sorry Asians right right? Who gives a crap? Nobody or nobody should. That's really interesting stuff. Good for Pete m any thoughts on that text line four one KFTC.
Speaker 8: And finally, China just opened the world's highest bridge and it's being hailed as an infrastructure miracle. That's sure, I want to drive on something that's described as a miracle, But China says it's totally safe and made from the finest steal from Temu.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the world's biggest suspension bridge I was talking about the other day. They parked all those semi trucks on to show how incredibly strong it is. It is quite the achievement and the speed with which they built it.
Speaker 2: That was the point.
Speaker 4: It was to say to the rest of the world, you see how efficient we are compared to the United States, for instance, and they are right about that.
Speaker 5: Sure if I was comparing two consumer products in terms of efficiency and effectiveness, Oh yeah, clear.
Speaker 1: Edge over there.
Speaker 4: Linel Richie's on one of your talk shows right now, man, as he had a lot of work done. Yeah, how old is Linel Richie? Can somebody look that up for me real quick? His HEYDI was the seventies and early eighties. And his skin, his face is as tight as a snare drum.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 4: I know he's got a big thing out about We Are the World song that he co wrote.
Speaker 1: It's seventy six.
Speaker 5: Seventy six, served in our military, rose to the rank of commodore.
Speaker 4: Recall, I need to get my head tightened like that. See if I could keep me looking young. Speaking of entertainment, I saw three trailers the other day. It's somehow I got fed on my YouTube feed and causing me to scroll and waste time as opposed to accomplishing anything with my life. But I mentioned one of them. Nuremberg new movie about Gurring, the Nazi general who was put on trial. And the guy who played Freddie Mercury in the Queen movie is the lawyer going up against him and Gurring is played by Russell Cruwe and it looks flipping fantastic if you're you know, like most men in America and like World War two stuff.
Speaker 2: It looks really really great.
Speaker 4: Another movie I'm looking forward too, there's a new Daniel day Lewis movie, and he retired. He retires every time he does a big movie. He's out in a new movie that I can't pronounce the name of, but it's about some guy who runs off into the woods after some sort of horrifying ordeal. But anyway, everything he does is amazing, So I look forward to that. And then there's a John Candy documentary coming out that looks really really good if you're a.
Speaker 2: John Candy fan, so I'm gonna check that out.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't have guessed there was that much to the John Candy story, but I'm not saying there isn't.
Speaker 4: And just part of it is all the people they interview, and it's just tons of people, Martin Shorten's, Bill Murray and Steve Martin, all these different people talking about how he was the funniest person they ever met in their lives. He is one of those people that's like funny in real life. Some people who are funny are not funny in real life. Some people are, and John Kennedy apparently is one of them. It made me really wish I could have hung out with him sometime in a bar, because he did that a lot. But I want to get back to the Daniel day Lewis So I was written about this the other day on about his method at acting.
Speaker 2: He's a method actor.
Speaker 4: He's one of those people, crazy, hardcore crazy, like whenever he decides he's going to be in a movie, which is rare, he becomes that character for months and then never deviates from it. I was watching the Leonardo DiCaprio talk about when he was the butcher in Gangs of New York and how you just you couldn't talk to him anytime the lunch room, you know, the weekend, anytime he was in character all the time, and how weird it was, and Leonardo DiCaprio saying he had to drop it sometime, right, like putting his kids to bed or something that would freak them out. But do you know much about that? I mean, does that work? Is it important?
Speaker 8: Not?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 9: Does it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think it does really work for some people. I get it to just.
Speaker 4: Try to be that person all the time, so that when the camera's flipped on it, you're not acting all of a sudden, You're just being what you've been.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: You don't have to work at it, and therefore you can't fail at it, because you're just it by default. You are that person. Although that'll make you a looney all right.
Speaker 4: He's retired several times because he said, it does make you crazy, like it just takes too much of your soul to do that, too much of your real humanity, which is an interesting thing.
Speaker 2: Got a lot more in the way. I hope you can stay armstrong and getty.
Speaker 3: President Trump says he is sending federal troops to quote protect war.
Speaker 10: Ravaged Portland at the requests of the Department of Homeland.
Speaker 1: What it was, I'll give you the wrong number. That was fifty. Okay, this is a failure.
Speaker 2: Well, unfortunately that was not.
Speaker 4: Joe Scarborough talking about how only Trump could have gotten those Arab leaders to agree to the deal that he put forward yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got to hear.
Speaker 10: The one thing that's important to understand is Arab leaders like dealing with Donald Trump. They say he understands us. We understand him, and they're ready.
Speaker 1: For this to come to an end.
Speaker 7: So if somebody is out there sitting going, oh wait, this guy is saying, you know, I alone can bring peace to the region. Usually when he says I alone, just cut it off, don't listen because what he's going to say after that probably not going to be completely accurate.
Speaker 1: In this case, it's.
Speaker 10: Other than hamas he is the one person that the Arab countries are willing to get behind and do things with.
Speaker 4: So that's the point I've been making all day long. That you have Joe Scarborough on MSNBCU of NPR, you have Tom Friedman in the New York Times and Fox and Friends all liking this deal that Trump is put forward. Tom Friedman in the New York Times, who hates everything about Trump, said, Trump's twenty point peace plan for Gaza is a smart plan for turning a bomb crater into a launch pad for peace, for taking a terrible war in Gaza and leveraging it to create a new foundation for solving the Israeli Palestinian conflict, for normalization between Israel, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Syria, and maybe even a raq And it could set in motion of much needed transformation in Iran. It is unprecedented in its creativity.
Speaker 1: That is amazing, I know it. That's four stars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and obviously the uh, the Trump crowd, the Fox crowd likes it. So we'll see where this goes.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 5: I wonder what BB net and Yahoo would say if you asked him, Hey, what are the chances that Hamas accepts this and it works?
Speaker 1: Even like mostly works? How optimistic are you?
Speaker 2: Well, there's no other option.
Speaker 4: And as bb and Trump made clear yesterday, if Hamas says no to this, do what you gotta do you have our full backing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's what I'm asking. What which way does Bbe think it's gonna go?
Speaker 4: I would guess, based on his entire life experience, he thinks Hamas is not gonna agree to it.
Speaker 5: Right, or pretend to, and then immediately start violating it. You know what, if this is probably not the sort of thing a fellow ought to say out loud. If I were the leader of Hamas, that would be my plan. I agree to it, then immediately begin undermining it in ways just toes to the line it's gonna be doesn't bring in the full Pooh storm.
Speaker 4: It's going to be harder with all those Arab countries involved, though then if it was just the United States.
Speaker 5: But if you are sworn to your soul to obliterate Israel, you just think, well, that's part of what I've got to fight against, since those betrayers in the Arab world, those Muslims who have betrayed Allah. Anyway, speaking of radical violence, a radical Marxist cop killer just died in Cuba. Asata Shakur was her assumed super cool look at.
Speaker 1: Me, I'm a revolutionary name.
Speaker 2: I saw this story over the weekend as something.
Speaker 5: And she's being lionized by the left. She's a hero to a lot of people. Evidently, was your fairly typical late sixties, early seventies militant Marxist black panther. It's our duty to fight for freedom, our duty to win, throw off our change.
Speaker 2: She murdered a cop.
Speaker 4: The Chicago Teachers' Union put out a statement of you know, love and respect in her passing and how we should all honor her.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah blah. She murdered a cop a father.
Speaker 1: Right, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: And there have been various centers opened in her honor on university campuses. Noel Rothman, writing in The National Review about how her story is long endeared her to America's radicals culture personality. City College briefly named a community center after the cop killer. Twenty seventeen social media post by the Women's March organization hailing her accomplishments on her birthday, that is so crazy. Yeah, yeah, it really is. New York Times matter of factly declared to many black people she was a folk hero.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So they were using the example of the National Review that old Luigi what's his name that murdered the u United Healthcare CEO, he could get out of prison in thirty years and be a college professor who has buildings named after him, because that's what we did with the radicals murderers of the sixties.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: She actually escaped prison with the help of her cohort and ended up in Cuba, where they trotted her out as a writer and thinker and America hater. So that made her a hero there in the brutally repressive communist dictatorship of Cuba. Really really interesting, and I don't think it's of any great significance other than taking the temperature of certain folks on the left, and when they say, you know, they decry political violence, do they really thought this was interesting? I was actually aware of this partly through conversations with Tim Sandefer and other people in the legal profession. But Free Beacon reporting Big Law shifts further left as the American electorate does the opposite in new study shows this is a study by a Notre Dame Law School professor found that lawyers at America's top firms donated twelve times as much to Democrats as they did to Republicans.
Speaker 1: Twenty twelve times.
Speaker 5: Now, it was six to one in twenty twenty four years later, it was twelve to one.
Speaker 4: Now is that as simple as like the way it is in California? You Democrats like bigger government, which means more regulations and laws which you have to hire lawyers to deal with.
Speaker 5: So it's you know, it's a job program. Well, yeah, and litigators try to lawyers love the Democratic Party for that reason.
Speaker 2: Well that's horrifying though.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Derek Muller, prof at Notre Dame Law School, found that firms within the am Law one hundred and an annual ranking of the largest legal practices is in the States donated fifty two million to Democrats and four millions to four million to Republicans in twenty twenty four election cycle.
Speaker 1: It's actually more than twelve to one. Blah blah blah, blah blah.
Speaker 5: Muller told lawyer and legal writer David Ladd, who first reported on his research, that he was surprised to see such a stark shift in only four years. Now that was before Trump or was it when did Trump first start talking about cracking down on big law and making them suffer for coming after him?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't remember that because that, you know, could motivate you a little bit, so that, yeah, that might be artificially chused up. But I know Tim has said that the law schools of America, a lot of them are as far left as like the Sociology Department or the Black Studies.
Speaker 2: Depart That's absolutely horrifying.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 5: So you know, as I often say, this is not the you know, the woke things seems to have peaked right now.
Speaker 1: This is not the beginning of the end. It's the end of the beginning.
Speaker 5: The real wrestling match is probably just starting.
Speaker 4: Was it after your last kid left the house that you did your little rant about nature has no use for you anymore.
Speaker 5: I think it was probably Yeah, it's definitely after there's no reason for your existence anymore.
Speaker 2: You've done what nature wanted you to do.
Speaker 5: Raise with the possible exception of being a village elder and saying I wouldn't go to war with that tribe.
Speaker 1: Last time we tried, we got our asses kicked.
Speaker 4: Haven raised the next you know, generation of your species, and once you get them out to where they are of procreation age, nature is done with you. Anyway, you're taking up resources. It can be better years, I should say, I am. I guess that was a complicated transition to Katie's not here today, And I was going to ask her because she's still young and she's with child and going to uh so she still cares about Halloween and everything that goes on with Halloween and tomorrow's October first, and I was just wondering, maybe, you know, Michael, what's the hot decoration that you're not going to be able to find this year? You know, it's like the thirty foot skeleton that they have at home depot or the twenty foot the cackling witch that they had at Low's or whatever.
Speaker 11: I don't know, but usually they have a weird Halloween costumes like the Manjoni, guy who killed the Yeah, you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 4: But the last several years there's been one big, hot, giant thing that you get at your home depot or something. We'll have to look into that so I can get it this year. But I just think it it's time for me to put up the stupid, enormous inflatable pumpkin that I've been putting it up and now for quite a few years. And uh, I got young kids in my neighborhood. I think they're gonna like it. But it's a lot of work. It's a lot of work putting that thing out and tethering it down.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's the key.
Speaker 1: Tether it down.
Speaker 4: Well, I tether it down. But there's usually at least one or two windy days where it blows loose and it goes down the street and somebody says, knocks on my door, Hey, your giant inflatable pumpkin is down the street. Am I gonna go chase it down and bring it back.
Speaker 5: Maybe the thing to do is you invest in one of those and you use it for two years then you sell it takes the depreciation, but then you swap it out. It's like a Carle's you swap it out for you know, twenty foot pumpkins are no longer hot. It's all about you know, twenty three foot frankenstein.
Speaker 4: Yasters exactly, exactly. Yeah, that's what I like about the really giant frankstein or whatever. They're very solid. They're not gonna blow out the window. The inflatable things and come with their own set of problems. The Frankenstein's are solid. Yeah, it's a wooden thing, big giant wooden thing.
Speaker 1: How big? Twenty feet high? What the yeah?
Speaker 4: I know, it's quite amazing. I always wonder where do you store the damn thing? I guess you have to take it apart. Which is it weigh like a thousand pounds?
Speaker 2: It might I don't know.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah, yeah, yeah, it was a big wooden thing the last couple of years from Home Depot.
Speaker 1: Home Depot sells. Would you know, Michael Reagan.
Speaker 11: Say something, Well, first, Hanson wants to say that if it's not two stories tall, it's not good enough.
Speaker 4: I agree, everything's got to be two stories tall er. What's the point of even having it in near yard. Are you even trying? Have you forgotten the true meaning of Halloween? That would be my.
Speaker 1: Question, Joe, didn't you get a fog machine? Oh? Yeah, well yeah, back in the day, I was super into it.
Speaker 5: I had the fake spider webs, I had the fog machine, the artificial thunder and lightning, various creepy figures on a porch that may or may not have been me in costume, ready to leap up and frighten the little kids.
Speaker 1: Ye really really into it.
Speaker 4: Give the kids a little PTSD. My kids are too old to give a crap. But I do have some neighbor kid that I think will really enjoy me having the big pumpkin up, so I'll probably do it for them.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 2: They're cuter.
Speaker 4: Heck, that's the perfect family that I always talk about. They are the perfect family. It's just they set a standard that nobody can live up to with their exercise and diet and bilingual and they always making the church on that they do everything perfect, and it's just it's they're very, very, very nice people.
Speaker 2: It's just a I feel ashamed, I know, I feel.
Speaker 5: Like they don't even have the decency to gloat and be obnoxious about it.
Speaker 4: They're the exercise in this group of people. They go for family walks like four times a day. They're all thin and attractive. Yeah, and I feel like they're not trying to, but they're lording it over me, making me feel bad about myself.
Speaker 5: A little round up on the lawn. That's a classic.
Speaker 2: We will finish strong.
Speaker 8: Next Congress has to agree on a new spending deal in the next twenty four hours or the government will shut down tomorrow at midnight. You know, these are crazy times when the government is about to shut down and Americans are.
Speaker 1: Like, honestly, maybe we could all use a break.
Speaker 2: I'm good. Let's just take a day no news, no news for one day. I'm good.
Speaker 4: I don't care about the government shutdown. I'm not going to talk about it in any reality. But it is a sign that our politics are dysfunctional, that we can't just figure these things out before deadlines like grown ups.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a near annual occurrence, they pointed out. I think it was in the New York Times going back like fifty years now fifteen Now, it's practically well, it was a rarity back then, but yeah, it was a possibility, but now it's every year, the jabbering about a possible shut down and the media desperately trying to get you interested, like a four touchdown deficit football game.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they did the thing yesterday that they always do. Here's a military wife with her two babies, and they're not going to get their paycheckhnce, you'll you'll get on time or a day later when they figured this all out and everything will be fine.
Speaker 2: So whatever.
Speaker 4: So I just saw I don't follow the WNBA. That's the women's NBA basketball. The Indiana Fever are a game away from the finals. That's the team that Caitlin Kark Clark based for, and she got hurt, like what a month and a half ago. For the season, she's not on the team. What are they gonna do for the whole that whole vibe because they weren't doing that well.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's kind of an interesting thing.
Speaker 4: Your best player goes down and you do well, you do better, you're playing better without her.
Speaker 1: Whoops whoops.
Speaker 4: In real sports, the Major League Baseball playoff starts day. In playoff baseball is completely different than regular season baseball, and it's so exciting and they got three games series, which is fun because the games really really matter in the.
Speaker 2: Three game series. And you got some good ones.
Speaker 4: You got Podres, Cubs, whoever, Dodgers, Reds, Red Sox, Yankees, all starting today, So that'll be some fun baseball. And it's going all day long. If you're a baseball fan, you can flip around and find it somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was thinking about that the other day because I've loved baseball since i was a little kid, and I've kind of drifted away from Major League Baseball watching it, and I was thinking, there needs to be and you can probably get this, I know, on like YouTube TV if you tune into a sports game.
Speaker 1: One of the.
Speaker 5: Options it's a start from the beginning, join it live, or catch up through key plays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know, if.
Speaker 5: I could just get like key plays and then watch the last three innings, and I realized, this is twenty first century schizoid man with no yeah, because sometimes it's banning the rest of them because sometimes he.
Speaker 2: And you know what at the time is the fifth inning?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Right, That's one of the things I've always liked about baseball as opposed to the NBA. You could literally just tune in the last five minutes of every NBA.
Speaker 1: Or as in baseball or football.
Speaker 5: For that matter, hockey, you might have missed the most exciting, crucial part.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Yeah, I just.
Speaker 4: It's also interesting the difference of the NFL has and the hole it has on America of not being a regional sport. It doesn't matter that the two teams that are on Monday night or Sunday Night are eight hundred miles from you. It's still an interesting game with playoff implications that you watch if you're a football plan fan, which it's just not true for baseball. Baseball people almost entirely follow if their local.
Speaker 2: Team is in it. Otherwise they don't.
Speaker 9: That's just the way the ratings work.
Speaker 4: I'm fully jumping on the Mariners bandwagon, though I'm going to follow them absolutely. They're not in the playoff in the wild card round, but I'm all over that team. Let's get some final thoughts. Here's your host to Joe Getty.
Speaker 5: Let's goot a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show for the day. There is pressing the buttons in the control room. Our technical director of Michael Ashleoll, Michael what's you final thought?
Speaker 11: Yeah, we were talking about Halloween costumes.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I didn't think about this.
Speaker 11: If you're a couple, you got to go as Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 2: Oh, Taylor's such a great idea. Wears a wedding dress, Travis Kelcey in a tucks.
Speaker 11: Then you have groom's men or bridesmaids along side.
Speaker 5: Do you know, well, if they're standard wedding garb, how would.
Speaker 1: You know who they are? No? I would go with Chief's jersey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I disagree with For my final thought, this is the perfect one. As a dude, you get to wear a football jersey, right and be comfortable. As the chick. You get to wear a short skirt me boots because you want to look hot on Halloween.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's perfect custom perfect costume for young people.
Speaker 2: You're right, Michael.
Speaker 5: Yes, And if I had a time machine and could take it back twenty five years, I.
Speaker 1: Would maybe probably not do that anyway.
Speaker 5: My final thought is speaking of couples, turns out people are much more likely.
Speaker 1: To marry someone.
Speaker 5: With the same or similar psychiatric diagnoses as themselves. Really depression, anxiety, ADHD, autism, bipolar disorder OCD, anorexia. People tend to marry people who have the same challenge, and that's.
Speaker 2: Probably a good thing, right, because you can understand each other.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes it is. Yeah, we could get into this little more in depth tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Armstrong E Geddy wra pick up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: So many people. Thanks you so a little time. Go to Armstrong and geedddy dot com.
Speaker 5: Boy howdy do we have some great clicks there for you the hot links. Drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong e Geddy dot com.
Speaker 2: We will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Come hell or high one, God bless America.
Speaker 1: It's the end of the show.
Speaker 2: Let's make a look back.
Speaker 1: Some of the brilliants that occurred today. Be in human I tell you what ain't easy.
Speaker 5: Get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty