Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This he's Talking Cowboys Straining live.
Speaker 4: From the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 1: Putson take burners here. That's got Tigsay ty Pins a touchdown.
Speaker 2: And now your hosts Isaiah standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: It's a Talking Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the s w b C Studios. Welcome in, everybody. We've got Patrick Noc Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Chris Beam in the back ready to take your phone call. In the second segment eighty eight eight five five two two nine seven, I'm Kyle Yeomans. Glad you're with us. We welcome you into another great edition of Talking Cowboys. We're doing it yet again, Zack Baby. You know it's funny like you get into the routine of week by week in the NFL, so when you start week one on a Thursday night, it just kerfuffles everything, don't You don't have any sort of rhythm but you know what, We're in a rhythm. Now, we've got one week down, We're going into the second week of normalcy, week three of the season. I feel like we're starting to hit a groove here.
Speaker 5: Just a white boy with rhythm over there, Like Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 1: Played that music if you will?
Speaker 3: Did you see him lock in last night? Absolutely? When they cut to that camera shot and they were down by six, I was like, oh, Texans are done. I was like, and it's not because of Baker Mayfield. It is just because of the look he was doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 6: I think what really what really did it was when he scrambled and he ended up kind of banging his knee on the turf a little bit, so he was down, so for a quick second your thinking, holy crap, this looks bad. And then he heard Gardner Johnson yapping at him and he immediately pops up on some super saying four type stuff in his face. And at that point I was like, Oh, that's the Baker. You're going to get the rest of this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it doesn't When he went down, I thought he had like broke his ankle. Yeah, because he was it looked like it tisted like shoe fell off.
Speaker 6: I think that's I think his shoe, so I don't know if he was writhing, yeah, I think back on.
Speaker 3: So that's why it was such an instant change because I thought the same thing at first. When he went down, I was like, oh, no, he just broke his ankle. And I said that audibly, and my wife like turned around and was like did he And I was like, well, now he's chirping like yelling at c J.
Speaker 1: Seen in a long time. I don't know much like you.
Speaker 6: Kyle Baker is invited to every cooking because he is Baker's.
Speaker 5: Well, I think he he woke up yesterday feeling dangerous.
Speaker 1: The thones up.
Speaker 3: I said, we can carpool.
Speaker 1: Noise.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it all right. News and Notes, we do have a couple of things to hit here because we did not talk about it yesterday. But on Sunday, following the Cowboys forty to thirty seven win over New York, Cooper Bebe leaves the locker room on crutches with a swollen ankle. I believe it was Nick Harris that said it was the size of his head, and Nick's got a big head, so big ankle. It was a high ankle spraining out six to eight weeks. Now BB done brock Hoffman and for the meantime.
Speaker 1: That is correct.
Speaker 6: So Cooper BB was officially moved to injured reserve on Monday. That did clear the path because the Cowboys were going to have to make a roster move anyway, corresponding to the signing of Jadeveon Clowney, which also became official on Monday. So it's just a clean swap there. But with that high ankle sprain is how it's described I'm looking for because Todd Archer had detail on it. He was saying, it's not actually a high ankle sprain. Oh, I'll find it in a moment. Nonetheless, that's going to thrust brock Hoffman into the limelight as your starting center. This is something that the Cowboys were working to prepare for the potentiality of in training camp. That's why they gave brock Kaufman so many lots at starting, well not starting sing at center with the second team. Uh and you saw him quit himself very well mostly in that game against the Giants to close out. He did have the bad snap. So that's going to be a concern for me until I see that. You know, he gets that snap down and we're not talking about that. But outside of that, there's no questioning the bully ball demeanor. Yeah, just absolute Leviathan Aura of Brock a.
Speaker 3: Word Rock Kaufman.
Speaker 5: To clarify on the BB injury, he does not have a high ankle sprain, but he's dealing with a lateral sprain and a fracture of a small bone in that foot.
Speaker 3: There, Okay, so same time take below the same time still six to eight six.
Speaker 1: That's why it's.
Speaker 5: Sixty eight weeks versus a high ankle sprain, which would probably be a little less than six to eight.
Speaker 6: That that also depends because are very for lack of a better way to put it.
Speaker 3: So, and usually the bigger you are, the bigger Exactly, the return table is right for a high ankle sprain. I'm sure it's similar though with a with a fracture like that. So good clarification there. So not a high ankle sprain. That was really the big report across the league.
Speaker 6: But timeline is still the same, which puts him if if he is absent the entire eight weeks, then he would be eligible to return after the bye week, so he would get that bye week as an actual additional day of rest.
Speaker 5: And what is the minimum given the injured reserve.
Speaker 6: Minimum of four that he's not coming back after five? Not, not with this injury. So I would look on the longer end of this spectrum. So yes, he qualifies to return after four, and the prognosis is six to eight given what we know, especially shouts out Todd Aultra for that information, is probably closer to the eight week time.
Speaker 3: How much does Dallas trust brock Kauffman, because yesterday Brian Schottenheimer talked about how Dak is comfortable with him. They are comfortable with him as a play caller. It does not change, And of course he's gonna say it's not going to change. But I actually do believe him in this case because he's been around the organization, because he's been a Brian Schottenheimer guy, and they've put so much of an emphasis on rotating those offensive lineman through training camp for this purpose. Do you think they really do trust brock Hoffman enough to keep this thing rolling in the right direction.
Speaker 5: I mean, they trusted brock Hoffman enough to give him the start over Cooper bb early on last year.
Speaker 3: In fast year. Yes, and he was one of the first re signings this year too.
Speaker 5: Schottenheim absolutely so they trust in him as a depth piece on the O line. And this is exactly why you resign a guy like Cooper Bby or resign a guy like brock Hoffman in that like Patrick alluded to, he's a nasty dude.
Speaker 6: Nasty brock Hoffman is a physic old school football player in a new school era. Okay, brock Hoffman could play football in the sixties, he could play football in the seventies. I mean, this is the type of just lunch pale demeanor that he has. He's blue collar, goes back to his childhood and just his upbringing. He talked about it kind of tongue in cheek. I remember last season we were asking him about just why he's so vocal and why he plays the game so viscerally, and he told a story about him being a child Pop Warner and he takes a hit and he starts crying and his mom pulls him to the sideline and asks him, are you a word that starts with a pee? And he was a pansy and he was eight. No, it was it had had five letters for you. I think we all know as an eight year road. So brock Hoffman is not he's not for the games. He wants to smoke. He's with the business. So the only concern I and the Cowboys have, and Jerry Jones said this on one five through the FEN this morning, the only concern is he needs to make sure that the snaps are crisp every single time.
Speaker 5: That's my only because you saw at least one or two bad snaps towards the end of the regulation last week.
Speaker 6: So you also saw brock Hoffman on at least one or two of those plays, clutch plays that you know from Dak to CD Dak Pickens.
Speaker 1: He handled Dixter Lawrence pretty effectively.
Speaker 3: Can I throw out a scenario that I'm looking for?
Speaker 1: Throw it out.
Speaker 3: A couple of weeks you face a team called the Green Bay Packers. Okay, there's a guy defense named Michaeh. Parsons who wasn't better heard of them necessarily. Michael Parsons an edge only rusher. He can rush on the interior as well. Yeah, I want to see brock Hoffman absolutely annihilate Micah Parsons on like a like a blads up the middle. It's going to be a fight, yeah, and whoever wins or whoever loses, because you know Micah and the history between him and Brock at training camp, remember DeMarcus Lawrence in the history that they had with brock Hoffman. Everybody has history the world brock Kaffman at training camp. So those defensive linemen aren't necessarily like ho hum about having brock Kaffman in the middle of there because he is a glass eater and he is a tough sob. But you turn around and you've got Michah Parsons in his return to AT and T Stadium. You know who's gonna try and set the tongue. Brock Kaufman is gonna try and set the tone, and Michael will probably we'll both because they're gonna go after each other.
Speaker 5: Guys are gonna win on both sides. That it's going to happen. Michael Parson will win in a few aspects of the game, probably most of them, I guarantee you. But it'll be nice to have a guy like brock Hoffman.
Speaker 3: I just want that early. That's the only thing I'm asking for. I'm asking for a lot acts.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 6: I think the beauty of it is is it goes without saying, but let's see it anyway. Yes, there is a drop off when you go from a starter to a backup. That's just the science of sports.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: But the good news is is the drop off from Cooper BB to brock Hoffman is not gargantuan, right, it's it's not the Grand Canyon.
Speaker 1: That's the good news.
Speaker 6: So you will get brock Hoffman as starter, and then behind him, guess what, you got another glass eater to use cow's term, TJ.
Speaker 1: Bass. He's a gamer, right, so ye taking that center as well? Exactly.
Speaker 5: They were giving him Snapps the center in the preseason.
Speaker 3: So that's your backup center.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, you've you You're in.
Speaker 6: You've covered solid hands as far as your interior offensive line depth is concerned.
Speaker 3: Do I no.
Speaker 6: Hate that Cooper bb is not on the field. I hate it, But it's also true that when you look at who's coming up behind him.
Speaker 3: Okay. I posted a video on Twitter of Isaiah's breakdown. This before we knew Cooper Bbe was hurt long term, and it was as it's a part of the the CD lamb over the deep over that he ran and the was completed. The only reason that play happened was because of brock Hoffman. Hopman was rolling to the right and then he peeled back to his left and immediately found an edge rusher that at that point was free and locked him up, pushed him to the side. Dak was able to step up in the pocket and deliver a strike to left.
Speaker 5: I would be I am actually excited to see how the run game either improves or decline, takes a step back in terms of in terms of your center, in terms of inside runs.
Speaker 1: I'd be curious to.
Speaker 3: Get better or get better BB, get better b B.
Speaker 5: But also let's see brock.
Speaker 3: Offman, ladies.
Speaker 6: Is so keep it to the injury front. Got a little bit better news, I should say Deron Bland. Speaking to the status of Deron Bland, Schottenheimer was a little bit more or not pessimistic.
Speaker 1: But he is a little bit more wait and see.
Speaker 3: He's like uncommittable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's a little more wait and see.
Speaker 6: Uh, it sounds hearing Schottenheimer sounds like there is a better chance of Doron Bland.
Speaker 3: What did Stephen call it yesterday? A long putt from play A long but playing week for those golfers out week three, Week three, you know how it feels to step up and try and hit along.
Speaker 1: So when you hear that's the point.
Speaker 6: So when you hear Stephen on one five three to five three of the Fan yesterday, you hear Schottenheimer talking about Bland, you start to really feel.
Speaker 1: Like it's it's aiming at the Green Bay game. You hear Jerry.
Speaker 6: Jones on one to five three the Fan this morning and he said, there's a you know, solid chance that he takes the field against the Bears. I'm going to go majority rules and I'm going to assume that Deron Bland probably misses the game against the Bears. I think that's just the wise decision, especially given how given the magnitude of the game that immediately follows that Bears game.
Speaker 5: I don't want to take any team for granted, I really really don't.
Speaker 1: This just got to play it smart.
Speaker 5: But I want him healthy for Green Bak not just that, if at all possible, I want him not just that.
Speaker 6: You don't want to risk a setback that good cost you Deron Bland in the back half of the season.
Speaker 5: And Deron may have had a set back last year, So we don't want to We don't want to do anything like that. Again, you have more was never confirmed to set back.
Speaker 6: You have more quality offenses that are on the way, passing attacks, and you just don't want to repeat of what happened in week two. Now keeping two, running back, the cornerback room, injury front, some more good news. Jerry Jones took one O five three the Fan that when he was asked about the possibility of signing resigning Stefan Gilmore, he said, quote unquote, help is on the way. Internally, he mentioned Bland, but he also mentioned savone Revel, and he mentioned him in a great space. He basically intimated largely that Revel is nearing his debut for the Cowboys. Now Revel is on pup, so he still has to sit out two more games. But if things can team you as it sounds like they're going, which is in the right direction, you could possibly see him as early as week five, So you know, keep.
Speaker 1: An eye on that. If things continue to.
Speaker 6: Go progressively, well you could possibly see him on the field for week five.
Speaker 5: Does that give you, guys any confidence at all? Having not seen him?
Speaker 3: Sure, he's based off of the tape from college that I absolutely loved and also based off of the tape that was shown by the Dallas secondary in week two, Yeah, it does give me a little extra confidence just to have a guy out there. I think the number for Trayvon Diggs was he gave up four receptions for one hundred and four yards and two touchdowns.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's good.
Speaker 3: That's not good, not great, just confirming. Yeah, but the whole thought process around just bodies there makes me feel better because I just need bodies back there. And if you're telling me Bland and revel or back in the secondary by week five, and you know which.
Speaker 1: Best case scenario, best case scenario.
Speaker 6: But if that is the case, if Reveel does make his Cowboys debut in week five, it's a great opportunity for him to build confidence against a New York Jets offense. Right, So that's it's not like you're dropping him in against the Eagles or Russell Wilson going for almost five hundred yards. You're dropping him in against the New York Jets offense that is still trying to figure their way out, right, So that's good. Lastly, on the injury front, additional good news.
Speaker 3: Can I add one more thing to that real quick. You brought up they asked the question about Stephan Gilmour.
Speaker 1: They did.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of talk around Steph on Gilmore because he was already in the building. It was a different defensive coordinator. Let's keep that there. There's there are circles within the league that don't think he can run anymore.
Speaker 1: That is exactly what I knew you were going to say.
Speaker 3: There are people that don't think he can run, and have you okay to the litter? Really, yeah, that's that's the concern. I think the Dallas I don't know. I haven't heard this from Dallas circles. Let me just get that very clear when it comes to Stefan Gilmore in the league. They that's why he's still out there. I think he'll still get signed because somebody's gonna need somebody break classes in case of emergency sort of corner, and he'd be good for that. He played decent for Minnesota last year. It wasn't like he was a bad football player, but dealing with the amount of injuries he did down the stretch, I think it's it's taking a toll on him and he's not the same.
Speaker 1: Players I have.
Speaker 6: I have definitely heard the same thing in league circles. Now again, this is what we're hearing. We haven't seen gilbour run in twenty twenty five, so we don't know. I would like to see I was going to say, I'm that doesn't you know, make me put a strike through his name. I would like to see him, I say, kick the tires. And if you get him out here in.
Speaker 3: Practice, well he's gonna be smart.
Speaker 6: Well he's he's going to be one of your more cerebral guys. So I said, you bring them on, you give him some practices, try, you know, give them some game reps. If it turns out that those rumors in the league circles are true, then now you know, at least you don't play the what if game.
Speaker 1: It was so much on the line this season.
Speaker 5: And do you even need to run if you're a cornerback a little bit?
Speaker 6: You know what happens if not a lot happens. You know what happens if you don't, you turn around and then you're chasing right. Lastly, some good news for Cavante turpin uh He he left the game with a nick injury after making a major impact against the Giants. They had a neck brace on in the locker room. I kind of pulled him to the side. I said, hey, Cavante, how you feeling what's going on? He said, I'm good, Pat, I'm good. And that seems to be holding true. Schottenheimer said yesterday that the test results on Cavante Turpin's neck came back mostly clean. And now you hear Jerry Jones tw one O five three the fan basically kind of echo wing what Stephen Jones said to the fan yesterday, which was that it's not a major concern at all, and there's a chance that Cavante Turpin could be on the field this weekend against the barrass But even if he is not. Even if he is not, that tells you the lack of severity in that injury, the fact that they think there's a good shot for him to be on the field a few days.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know what would be just poetic the best returner in the game right now, returning a kick to the house in the in the house, Devinster, the best return man of all time, don't Turpid? That would be sweet, Yeah, that would be sweet. Did you see seventy eight percent of kicks have been returned this year because of the new rule that it went from like thirty three to seventy seventy eight. That's impressive.
Speaker 1: So what they wanted wanted the dynamic kickoff.
Speaker 5: There's a conversation that we need to have at some point about the dynamic kickoff and our coverage in that play. But maybe down the road, I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Think every team is struggling in that. Last night too, Yeah, last night, both of the games last night there were big returns, and as a team that has an electrifying returner, I love it. I'm good with it.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: Ten years down the road, when we don't have an electric returner and these are still the rules, maybe I don't love it as much.
Speaker 1: I don't want to think that.
Speaker 3: Yeah cow Yeah, maybe turnp.
Speaker 1: It's live it now, Kyle, Sorry, where your feet are? SORRYO?
Speaker 3: Sorry? You know where my feet are?
Speaker 1: Or your feet?
Speaker 3: In the middle of a Talking Tuesday, who give us a call? Eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven We're back with Talking Tuesday. When we return with more Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise, and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 9: We're with you.
Speaker 8: That's our promise to you because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 1: Where were you?
Speaker 3: Where are you not? If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 4: How's it going. You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: I watched. I've been seeing some good thanks totally. They have some talent, You have some creat talent, and they got some fight. Hoping this is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go, Cowboys, make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice. What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 6: Bank of America, the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys Corpywright, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Bank of America Corporation. I'm home, Hey.
Speaker 6: Mom, Before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers onloading.
Speaker 10: Nice.
Speaker 4: Hey can you?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 4: Hon?
Speaker 3: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 1: Here's your wine.
Speaker 3: Wow. Isn't it nice? Not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 11: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime last in twenty minutes and more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident, pack ten and more towers. Strictions and exclusions apply at dot com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: It's Talk Tuesday.
Speaker 12: Pick up the phone, open up.
Speaker 9: Shut it up.
Speaker 4: Spilled your mind tuesdays?
Speaker 8: He Rich sign call us now that some wine.
Speaker 3: Talk Tuesday Talk. I love it. I absolutely love it. Chris being with the Talking Tuesday sounder, just getting in the groove here. In week three of the NFL season, and we're gonna start things off with our pal Mike in New York with that kind of sounder and that type of intro. Mike, you're gonna have to give us a banger of an energy, banger of a call right off the top, Mike, what you got?
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 7: I'm happy clown he's in the building. I think he's gonna help us better with the better pass rush in our secondary's got to be better at that Sunday was a disaster. I'm like, come on, like, I understand when on that bland, but we need a little better coverage.
Speaker 3: Arguably, yes, that's hey, well push Smith well put. So he brought up Jadavian Clowney. You got the chance to talk to him.
Speaker 6: I did get a little bit shout out to Nicole Hutcheson as well. She did a great interview one on one with him, and then I did a sidebar thereafter. But he gave a lot of insight into his thought process number one, and his agent confirmed it to Todd Archie yesterday. This was his first and primary destination that he wanted to land in in twenty twenty five. And then he basically said that you know, the Kenny Clark variable played a huge part in his decision. He said, the trade happened, and he saw that Kenny Clark was acquired, combined that with OSA and Solomon Thomas, and he said that he immediately got on the phone with his agent and said, Dallas is where I want to be. Put in the call and see what you can do to get me in Dallas. And that's his quote, and then it just went from there. He and I kind of talked off the cuff a little bit about his playing weight. He said that I asked him about the question that Nicole asked as far as eber Fleus's scheme, and he said, I go forward. That was his answer to Nicole Hutcheson. He said, I go forward. They had me doing a lot of coverage in Carolina. He didn't necessarily like that. It's wild to me that at thirty one at the time, asked to do a lot more coverage than he's ever done. He still led the team with five and a half sacks and in pressures and in and in.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, fair, But.
Speaker 6: The fact that he still got that mixing in coverage that he didn't want to mix in, that's that's impressive and off the cuff conversation, we touched him that some more. He told me that in order to be able to do that coverage effectively, he dropped ten pounds, so from two fifty five to two forty five to get that done. He's at two forty five right now. He said that he expects and is ready to play against Chicago this weekend, but over the next couple weeks or so, he is looking to add that ten pounds of muscle back.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: Because the conversation he had with eber Flus and Schottenheimer in the courting process, which was another selling point, iber Flues told him, you will rarely, if ever drop back. We're gonna send you forward. We're gonna send you at the passer, and he said his ears perked up. And add that to the relationship with Schottenheimer, to Kenny Clark's edition, and then I know a lot of people were saying, he said, we had a good secondary. He visited after the Eagles game, So keep that in mind. Okay, So all things considered, not only is Clowney in the building, he wanted to be in the building before the first game was played this season. He wanted to be in the building even more after the first game was played, and now he's just all smiles and he's ready to get to work as early as this weekend.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 5: I like what he said in terms of us, because somebody had ask him, like, you know, do you think you're going to replicate the production of one Michael Parsons. He goes, I'm not Michael Parsons like Ion Clowney.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I liked what he said there. I liked what he said about the facilities he's He's saying that we're kind of spoiled here by you know, in comparison to the other facility has been around Leave. He's been to a lot of facilities.
Speaker 3: It worry you that he's been with six teams now in the last seven years.
Speaker 5: To me, he comes off as a guy that is very financially savvy, that wants to go somewhere and get paid for what he's able to do. He's a renaissance man in my opinion, and I think this is putting him in the best position to not only win, but to get what he needs, and that's cash, and that's stats. Don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: To me, because at each of those stops he's produced.
Speaker 3: If you could give me five and a half sacks like he did last year, which I think is the low end, you give me five and a half sacks, I think I'm fine because you're you're cool with that, and you sprinkle that with what you'll see from Neiland and Fowler, hopefully he takes a step forward. That's another conversation we're going to have tomorrow.
Speaker 5: And you're saying that the Panthers, yeah they were a really bad team, but he was not a bad player on that.
Speaker 1: He was a really really good player on a bad team.
Speaker 6: But if that team was he played for the Ravens, did he not a good team? He was one of the better players on a good team. So yeah, just a really good player, Just a really good player.
Speaker 5: And again, like he's said, still, like we're saying, and I don't know that we've said it in such black and white terms, but don't expect Michael Parsons production, really don't.
Speaker 6: It's don't even expect Michael Parson's snap count.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you won't see Michael Parkion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, rotational guy that has a lot of abilities and a bend that you're not getting from anybody else.
Speaker 6: And somebody that's going to shorten those coverage windows. You want the secondary to improve, send more horses.
Speaker 3: He gives you another guy that can close, that can close on the quarterback and then get get there and get home. Yeah, all right, let's go to Miguel and Stockton, Cali. Yeah, what's up me?
Speaker 9: Hey guys, how you guys doing doing great?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 9: I'm okay. I actually hang out with d'artavias mall from the hood.
Speaker 3: Sir, how'd you do it.
Speaker 1: Behind his ear or like a small lightsaber behind his ear?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's on demon time, just like we hope you.
Speaker 3: Clown will be. Hey. I like it. I like it.
Speaker 9: So a couple of quick things. The first time caller. I listen to you guys every night at work. I work graveyards, so it's rare that I actually catch the show live.
Speaker 4: You're real but real.
Speaker 9: Quick, like on turping. As soon as he got hit, I was kind of scared I could tell someone's wrong. I I texted my friend. I was terrified every time he gets hit. So I'm glad to hear he's okay because we need him back. I do not like Jalen Torbert almost kicks turns at all.
Speaker 7: That's just me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and hopefully we get something out of Ryan Flinnoy because I don't really understand why he hasn't got a shot yet Tobert. I mean, granted, he made that one diving catch, which we really really needed, but that one off the sideline. He needs to pull that in. And Davonte Williams, what a surprise he's been. I used to say a lot of bad things about him, but I'm glad everything's working out.
Speaker 1: I respect that. I respect that you.
Speaker 6: I respect a person that can take account of bility absolutely and say you know what I was wrong.
Speaker 1: Miguel is a real one.
Speaker 9: Same thing with Kenneth Murray. We talked a lot of crap about him after week one. He looked really lost out there, and then I noticed him right away yesterday or on a Sunday, I should say, he looked. He was all over the place, probably had about ten tackles or so, and that defense man. I don't know what's going on with that pass coverage. I was having fits on all those Russell Wilson deep balls because as everybody said, yeah, yeah, that Wandelle Robinson. I don't know how he was open so often Malik Nighbors is a guy, so that one I kind of understand. But Donovan Wilson has to get back there. I don't know if it's a miscommunication on the back end or what's going on, but we need to fix that. And hopefully next week, I hope there's some familiarity with Matt Eberflus and Ben Johnson. Hopefully we can fix some of those problems because I do not want to go one and two. And yeah, I mean that's it for the most part. I like what I've seen so far from Coach Shotty. Everything looks good. Hopefully we see some Jayden Blue pretty soon. Shout out Samiles Sanders too for that touchdown. I mean, it doesn't really make up getting caught from behind, but it's a start. And yeah, man go Cowboys. Hopefully everything keeps looking up. And that's that's all I got for you, guys.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you. Miguel, thank you for listening. And yeah, like Patrice said, that's Miguel the analyst. He got it all figured out.
Speaker 6: Listen, and to deliver that information on a tire mind because he works graveyard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Migil, you.
Speaker 3: Woke up three If that's that call, what a dude him.
Speaker 1: It goes a grinder.
Speaker 3: I want to start with the Flinoy to conversation. That's where I want to start.
Speaker 1: Would you would you like to you activate?
Speaker 5: You activate Ryan Flinoy.
Speaker 3: He's on the Roster's on there, and in.
Speaker 5: The fourth quarter, when you desperately needed the most, you are throwing critical passes, third and fourth down passes to one jail In Tolbert. Granted he caught one, he dropped one that puts you in a fourth down situation and it made a good catch, no doubt, on fourth down when you needed it. My thing is, I don't know that I'm seeing enough in run run blocking and enough in his routes.
Speaker 3: I don't think blocking.
Speaker 5: The blocking is rough and him getting open, just getting separations kind of gripe that we've had since last season when we didn't have one George Pickens and you're relying on Jalen Tolbert out there to get get separated, help Ceedee Lamb in one way or another, and it just wasn't happening. And I'm not seeing that progression. I'm not seeing a guy that has changed his game from last year to this year. It's and I don't want to be disrespectful at all. I mean, I'm just calling it like I see it, right and to me, at this point, I would love to see what Ryan Fillinoy would do in Jalen Tolbert's.
Speaker 6: Role right now, I agree and to that point, Unfortunately, Flinoy, although signed from the predice squad to the active roster this past weekend, only eleven offensive snaps yes game, only eleven. The majority of his reps came on special teams. He had twenty one special team snaps. And we know that he can play ball on special teams, that's not in question. We also know that he can play ball on offense. We would just like to see Ryan Flinoyd get the opportunity get some of those those targets, especially in critical situations. And I think what really concerns me is in the event Cavante Turpin can't play against the Bears, so he's rooted out against the Bears. If you're going to keep Tobert as one of your returners but also continue to designate him as your WR three, with that workload, he's going to be so gassed from the returns that it starts to further negatively impact what he's able to do on offense right, So for me, something's got to give there. And the good news is is you know what can give? Right, if you're gonna, if you're gonna insist on using Tobert as a returner in this game against the Bears, in the event Cavanti Turpin can't go, then Flinoy needs to operate as w R three.
Speaker 1: That's the offset.
Speaker 6: That's the offset and or First of all, I do agree ouse out to Miles Sanders. He did have that touchdown that was critical, helped impact the game. Cowboys, help Cowboys win. Javonte Williams, he's starting to really find his game.
Speaker 3: He was right there now.
Speaker 6: But this, if Terping can't go, this is a good opportunity for Jaydon Blue. So even if the knock on Jay and Blue right now is even if the knock is that he's struggling to learn the playbook and he needs to show more consistency there, I'll tell you what he knows how.
Speaker 1: To return a kick. I guess there's no playbook to return in a kick.
Speaker 6: So run fast, yeah, hit a whole ball, run fast, avoid guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, all right, we can take our second break when we come back we've got two more callers Lester in Minnesota, Josh and Chicago. We will get to you very very shortly. On to the third segment of Talking Tuesday on Talking Cowboys. I'm home.
Speaker 8: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 3: Hey can you yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine? Wow? Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so. That's why if there's a network interruption at and T.
Speaker 11: Will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes some more caused by a single incident impact in ten more towers. Strictions in exclusions apply at dot com slash Guarantee for details.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some black rifle coffee. Today.
Speaker 12: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of Doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 3: Would you Dear Doctor in front support of me during a tough time?
Speaker 11: But what's the right gift that's says thanks for being a soldier?
Speaker 3: To cry out?
Speaker 12: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 3: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP to Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys, it is a Talking Tuesday, and the segment is brought to you by invisi Line, the Official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys with Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. As we now turn it over to Lester in Minnesota. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Lester?
Speaker 10: Hey, good morning guys.
Speaker 3: Good morning morning buddy.
Speaker 10: My tagline I call in a storyline on line. My tagline is until we get up good to very good offensive and defensive line at the same time. This is what we got. So I have I say that to say that I am very pleased to see that they built up both of them, and they're they're really building up the defensive line.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 10: I'm very happy that we kept Topman, and I'm very glad that we got Clark and Clowney. And I know that I'm an old school football. Guy. I played in high school and I don't like running the ball. And I you know, it's been said for a few years, we're gonna run the ball, we gonna runn the ball. But this year I see it because I saw that one play. I think it was the end of the third quarter, fourth quarter, I believe, and we were like second and twenty two or something, the second twenty seven and they ran the ball. So that's the commitment right there. And then the running back got like eighteen yards or something. I was like, Wow, now that's the commitment to run the ball. And I just I love it, man, I love it. We're just building, building, building building. What do you guys think?
Speaker 3: I completely agree, great call, Lester. They did stick to the run and it's a bit refreshing and to see that whenever you were unsure about the running game going into it. And Javonte Williams, let me just say, has eased all of my quarries when it comes to absolutely the run game. I mean, I believe in Javonte Williams that cuts the patients the acceleration. I think he's I don't know if he's rookie year. Javonte Williams when he was setting the league on fire in Denver. I don't know if he's there, but he's not far off through two games, and he looks legitimate.
Speaker 1: I believe in Javonte.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, we're going gospel now.
Speaker 1: No, that's actually w W shouts out to Jack injury.
Speaker 6: Well we'll get your based on Javonte Williams fell three yards short of his of one hundred yard rushing game.
Speaker 5: And he was my X factor. Remember that was it was hundred yards.
Speaker 1: Thirty yards from image, one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 3: Yards and horseshoes and hand grind No.
Speaker 6: One hundred and thirty yards from scrimmage, third rushing touchdown and only his first two games averaged five point four yards per tote on the ground and average five and a half yards as a receiver out of the backfield. Given the Cowboys thirty three yards receiving on six targets. Davonte Williams is proving himself now that he's fully healthy, proving himself to be one of the dogs on this offense. And when I say dog, I mean you saw his bark on that on that thirty yard touchdown. Yeah, you saw it because Tyler Smith is pulling. He didn't get his blocker clean. Blocker kind of gets through at that point. If you catch that still right there, you're like, Williams, Yeah, this is a loss for one. You had the rights dead, the rights, the vision, the patients, the physicality to show shrug that guy off, the next guy off, and still have to burst to go forward and get everything you want in a running back outside of past pro was displayed on that one play.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, you gotta love it, and he's never been a doubt in the coach's mindset.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: Bran Schotneimer has been very very vocal about Johnson Williams and his ability and their confidence in him. Since training camp. We didn't see it and we're like, why is it out there?
Speaker 4: Season?
Speaker 1: But what are we doing?
Speaker 3: We also said that going into it, it's like it's tough to see running backs in camp every time. That's all the time. We say it every year, and everybody's.
Speaker 1: Like, why is Jaden Blue not the starter?
Speaker 3: It's like, for the reasons I'm not saying you, but in general.
Speaker 1: We need to give Jaden Blue twenty.
Speaker 3: Five carries and there's that's fine, that can come at some point in time, but not right now. I want to give that guy twenty five carries.
Speaker 5: He needs, absolutely, And early on in the game when things weren't working out for you, obviously, their game plan going into it was, We're gonna run Jamonte Williams. We're gonna run him against the front interior runs.
Speaker 3: I didn't love it.
Speaker 5: But and it wasn't working out necessarily and I wouldn't against that defensive front. But they kept with it, and he still started showing up in burst when he's running to the outside, and then of course that amazing thirty hour touchdown down the middle. So they had faith in him that it was going to keep going as as the game went along. Javontay Williams is an X factor, absolutely, and they believed it since training camp and now people are starting to catch up on it. I love it, man.
Speaker 3: I put this stat in Big Facts last week and it came on Dalls Cowboys dot com, on Dallascaboys dot Com. And there's another article coming out tomorrow. We'll see No, it'll happen more, allright, Williams. Javonte Williams joined Herschel Walker and Alvin Blunt as the only three Cowboys with three rushing touchdowns through their first two games with the franchise.
Speaker 1: Is that good, Kyle?
Speaker 4: Pretty good?
Speaker 3: Pretty good stuff?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 5: And how many rushing touchdowns do we have? Totals at four?
Speaker 4: Four?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because one with mouth miles. Yeah so?
Speaker 5: And how many do we have as a team all of last year?
Speaker 4: Six?
Speaker 1: I'm thinking we're bad? Like John Wack, John are.
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Ric o'dowdell, all right, Buddy, you're having fun in Carolina.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not.
Speaker 5: He's not having fun with Carolina. Sorry, Rico, good choice, Buddy.
Speaker 3: I still like Rika. Get out here, all right, Josh in Chicago our final call on my.
Speaker 6: Talk.
Speaker 3: That was awesome.
Speaker 1: That was what's up?
Speaker 4: Josh?
Speaker 13: So to quote Macho Man and Randy Savage, all these injuries unjustifiably in the position I ran, they're not being.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 13: One of the things that I was kind of looking at during the game. I gotta say, I think Bookers holding up really well. But in the running game, I think they got to get that wrinkle with Ceede Lamb on those end of the rounds again. You know, you see he kind of started slow, and I feel like when they get him involved early with those. It really just kind of opened him up in the passing game or I wanted to see more of that. Hopefully we'll see more of that this week, especially with Turpin, you know, seeing how he progresses throughout the week. Son't you guys there? I think I walked thround my office. I think I cut out for.
Speaker 6: A seconde hesitation there.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it was cut out for a second there. But yeah, that's the main thing I wanted to call him and say, is I'm liking what's going on in the run game, but I think we got to get involved in it more. I think that will help out a bit.
Speaker 7: But you'll have a great day.
Speaker 13: Hopefully get in touch with you guys on Friday.
Speaker 3: It sounds good. Appreciate your Josh in Chicago.
Speaker 5: Chicago made punk over there, Josh in Chicago.
Speaker 1: What the heck was that suit you did?
Speaker 3: What was at the beginning of that called.
Speaker 1: The Voice of the Voiceless? What was that?
Speaker 6: I need you to understand. It's Randy Savage snap into a damn slim Jim Kyle a link.
Speaker 1: Sayless.
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: We really have to get this guy off the speed on all things.
Speaker 3: Mikyle, what if you pivoted to wrestling, like instead of watching football.
Speaker 1: And yeah, no, if you.
Speaker 5: Left Cowboys and just went into independent profession.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'd have the voice for it, Absolutely I could.
Speaker 5: I could get you would be excellent doing like the commentator. You would be excellent being the commentator that actually gets into the matches and being like a smug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe the heel commentator. You would be in.
Speaker 5: Wad be way bearry.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna play this really quickly, quick second. This is now I hope macho man man just one of the greatest ever. All right, back to.
Speaker 3: The call, Josh and Chicago saying he wants to get ce d Lamb involved in the run game a little bit more. I think I'm good without it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm good without I see what he was trying to see.
Speaker 3: No more babies. Well it's not even just you don't need to, you know. Yeah, if you're running the ball effectively for three four five yards yards of pop, why put your guy in in harms?
Speaker 6: And and then it comes it comes to durability. You need ce d Lamb healthy for the entirety.
Speaker 3: One hundred plus yards in each of the first two games.
Speaker 6: So yeah, don't add additional hisp because when you start handing the ball off, you're basically giving linebackers carte blanche to square him up right and get those hard hits that they otherwise wouldn't get a shot at if he's running downfield against cornerbacks. So when it was needed last season, okay, this season, it's so not needed.
Speaker 3: Right now, play it smart exactly. Maybe later in the year if the run game sputters and you need some kind of jolt, I could see that, but I would rather use a guy like and not to put him in harm's way either. But also just because of the speed, the end a round with Cavante Turpin has shown him to be far more effective, absolutely even than when CD Lamb had the end rounds.
Speaker 5: Well, if you're trying to give it to Davante Williams twenty five times a game, sounds. If you're trying to give it to Miles Sanders another five or six times a game, and we're trying to get Jaydon Blue involved as well. If he gets active one of those games, Cavante Turpin needs a carrier to come on, guys, how many times are we running the ball?
Speaker 3: Really? Yeah? I if we're going to use that wide receiver, sweep that end a round. Give it to CD I mean, excuse me, give.
Speaker 6: It to tell you who it's not. Handing the ball to Hunter Lipkey. I don't understand carries.
Speaker 5: Again, they love them.
Speaker 6: I understand why things. I understand why they love them. And I can't be more clear in the fact that I love the versatility of Hunter Lipkey. I love the physicality of Hunter lip Key. I love that if you were utilizing him, I know what he would bring for you. My my gripe is that you're not using him.
Speaker 1: But he's on the game day roster.
Speaker 3: He's there. I mean, he's taking special team snaps.
Speaker 6: That's fine, absolutely, But you know what if now, if you're in the AKA, if you're in a situation where you may be without Cavante Turpin and you're not using Hunter Lipkey on offense, you could use Jayden Blue as your returner. Because you just said, Okay, well Hunter gives you something on special teams. Okay, well now you need a special teams returner.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So I'm I'm not saying, but I'm saying so again. I can't be more I can't stress this more. My gripe last week. This week has nothing to do with the ability of Hunter liftkey.
Speaker 1: It is there.
Speaker 6: I agree with the contract extension and what he can be for this team, but if you're choosing not to use him, then I need that spot to be utilized for somebody who can impact the game.
Speaker 3: I think it's kind of interesting how you, me and Isaiah all few this very differently. I like that Isaiah. Isaiah looks at it as why did you sign him and why do you need to use him like in a ball carrier, because they're not because they're not going to Whereas I see it as I'm glad they signed him, and I think what he does best as a football player is off the ball, is when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. I think he's a weapon when he has the ball in his hands, but it's blocking. His ability to be a lead blocker is tremendous. He's prayed in goal line sets. That's why you use him short yardage, goal line sets, and then on special teams as well. So I like what he does without the ball in his hands. And then you like you're saying, Okay, I'm glad they paid him, but why aren't they not using why are they know? It's like if we all see it in a very different way. I'm sure Josh, you're probably somewhere in there as well.
Speaker 5: I just am not seeing it. Not seeing it, and you paid him. You want to see him more involved in the offense. But then again, it's like they're they have a plan going forward. I think he's going to get it's game two. I mean, I'm just we will see him. But if he's not being utilized and he's on the active roster, you're you're losing a spot there.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 3: But I would argue he is being utilized.
Speaker 5: In special teams and in short yardage short yard it gives you a benefit. I mean, how much has they have the Eagles won it because of their short yardage situation, cheating or not the cheating that's the first off everybody or the former.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you when you look at their short yardage game, how many games have they won because of that?
Speaker 1: Quite a bit?
Speaker 3: Short yardage is a massive part of football, and I think he gives you elements there and elements on the special team side that you are using. He's just not getting touches and I don't I don't think his value comes from that, but they did pay him quite a bit of money for a guy that only plays special teams and to not get any touches. So that's where.
Speaker 1: That's what you said, and I get it. That's it, Yeah, and I get it.
Speaker 3: But I think there's a k He.
Speaker 6: Has several abilities that I love for this team, just saying if you're not using him, I can point at a couple of the guys.
Speaker 1: That you could be using.
Speaker 3: We are also in week two, well very early, and we've only seen what the bag goes. You don't want to go all the way down to the bottom of the bag.
Speaker 1: But we can only speak to what we've seen or not seen.
Speaker 3: We've seen like a seven iron and an eight out. Gotta go, all right, Patrick, no Sea Walker for Josh Rodriguez, for Chris Beam and the back of Kyle Yellman saying so long from Talking Cowboys. We'll see you tomorrow as we preview the Dallas defense versus the Chicago offense.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.