Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a great weekend. Everybody gangs all here back in the home Man Cave, ready to slice and dice what we saw last night. Got great guests coming up here. Bill Kawer, CBS Sports, Devin mccordy, he was working the game last night. Lewis Riddick also working the game last night. They will join us a little bit later on eight seven, seven to three DP Show, as we always do every Monday, Best and Worst of the Weekend. Once you saw that you liked, you didn't like. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: If you're watching on Peacock that's our streaming partner, or listening on our radio affiliates around the country. This first hour brought to you by Tirerack tyrack dot com, the official tire expert of the DP Show. Go to tyraq dot com slash dand try the Tire Decision Guide full lineup of Goodyear tires, special offers, free road hazard protection and mobile tire installation. Tyrack dot com The Way tire buying should be Play of the Day poll question stat of the day got it all for you. Ready to go, Minister of Humorous here, Fritzy, we got Seaton, we got Marv, we got Paulie in the backroom guys as well. It was the Eagles, and it was all Eagles all the time last night with the blowout forty to twenty two, and even the twenty two is foe. It's really they could have named the score if they wanted to. They took out some of their starters and it was probably more indicative of a forty to six type game than forty to twenty two. A couple of touchdown passes from Mahomes there at the end of the game and mop up duty there. But the numbers are really overwhelming for the Eagles and how they dominated. And if you don't have to blitz Patrick Mahomes and you're going to put that kind of pressure on him, I've said many times you can have an average line and that results into an average performance by your quarterback.
Speaker 3: And you saw that last night.
Speaker 2: Mahomes was under pressure they I think the numbers were close to forty three percent of the time that they were pressuring him last night. A couple of interceptions there at the end of the first half, which I really think changed the game because I thought maybe if you get a touchdown, you get the ball back to start the second half. But it didn't matter that Eagles defense the defensive line, and I've said this many times, you still win with defense. And you saw that last night. And you can go back to the Tampa Super Bowl against Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs, that was all about the defensive line. You put pressure on him, you put pressure on Montana Brady. I don't care who it is, they'll crumble. And you saw that last night. Jalen Hurts was wonderful. It's weird when somebody says, hey, you don't give Jalen Hurts enough credit. But Kansas City was going to force Jalen Hurts to beat them, which is weird. They weren't going to let Sakwan Barkley beat them. They did a really good job, but they were saying to Jalen Hurts, go ahead, and he did. So, Uh, you know, if you're going to hand out an MVP, that's one of those where it's really the defense. But Jalen Hurts, did you know, we'd like to give it to the quarterback it's really easy. Hey, the quarterback is the MVP, you know, give it to a defensive lineman, Cooper, Dejon Degene. We keep saying Marvin Goes, it should be Dejen.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we can change that, but you know we can start a campaign here, Yes.
Speaker 4: Mar after last night, it should be with an apostrophe. Oh okay, d e apostrophe j E A n. Hey, that's a big play by him on his birthday. Scores a touchdown and then Malmes throws it so back to back passes, he gets picked off and you know it's seventeen nothing.
Speaker 2: Maybe they go down it's seventeen seven. Maybe a little momentum, but you can't come out and go three out, two sacks after the you know, when you go into halftime, your halftime adjustments were what there weren't any halftime adjustments. I still didn't understand they didn't run the football at all. Now, granted, you know they don't have a Saquon Barkley over there, but Isaiah Pacheco, when did you hear his name?
Speaker 3: Third quarter?
Speaker 2: Kareem Hunt, I thought, maybe you do just a little bit like instead of trying to get something further downfield that maybe you have a run game, maybe you keep them how about three or four yards on the first play. It just felt like they kept trying to do the same thing. And the Eagles had a, you know, a great game plan there offensively and defensively. But they were the best team that I saw. I think I said that after Week ten they're the best team in football, and it's because they're offensive and defensive lines. But Hurt wins the MVP. Mahomes had two interceptions, sacked six times. I think the goat conversation, maybe we'll hold off on that. We'll wait until next next seas. How about that we just slow down the goat conversation, the three pete yes.
Speaker 4: Marvin, after this loss, we're gonna have to wait about it. Three super bowls to get him in this go conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to make it real now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't do well when Tom Brady's involved in the Super Bowl. I think I think we can establish that trend when Tom was playing for Tampa or last night as well. Eight seven to seven to three DP show operator Tyler sitting by. He'll take your phone calls. Email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show. I do have the odds to win the Super Bowl next season. Just got these from DraftKings. No surprise, the Eagles are the favorite. You know, that's a young team and they got everybody under contract for the most part, so that should be you know, if you want to talk about the potential new dynasty, it's certainly the Philadelphia Eagles. They've done a wonderful job with that team, and they'll be ready to go. They'll be ready to go again next season. The Chiefs and the Bills and the Ravens are all tied for the second best odds here, and then you have the Detroit Lions. All right, Seaton Poll. Question for the first hour the program is going to be what.
Speaker 3: Well it could start with who had the best night? Who had the best night? Yeah, okay, Jalen Hurts a great night. Yeah he had a great night. Yes he did. Career night. You know, how about Vic Fangio.
Speaker 2: You know, he didn't get as much camera time because he's up in the booth, whereas Spags is always dialing something up. I don't think Vic Fangio got credit for dialing anything up last night. But here's the thing, he didn't need to dial anything up. I don't know if he dialed last night. They didn't blitz one time, which is astounding when you realize the pressure that they put on Patrick mahomes Hey. You imagine he goes in and Nick Sirianni goes all right, Hi, Vic, you know you're a lifer here. You're one of the great defensive coordinators.
Speaker 3: Of all the time. Like, what are you going to dial?
Speaker 2: You know what, We're not gonna do anything. Wait, what do you mean We're not gonna blitz. We don't need to what No, I'm not dialing anything up all that. Spags dial some stuff up. Yes, it's also more fun.
Speaker 3: To say spags or monk in or something like that.
Speaker 5: Vic fans there and it doesn't have the same ring to it, so he doesn't get the leve on the air.
Speaker 2: All right, what else do you have their seat and other candidates here. Yeah, Josh Sweat had a great night for himself.
Speaker 3: Yes he did. Yes, he did a couple of sacks, but two and f sacks. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And by the way, people are gonna say, well, Jalen Carter got shut down that he had two guys on him. The reason why the other guys did really well is because of Jalen Carter. Jalen Carter is like a sponge who just absorbs all the water of the offensive line and then the other guys get to do what they want to do. I mean, this is the second coming of Aaron Donald. And you saw that last night. Hey, I'll take on two. You guys go have some fun. Who else is in their seating.
Speaker 6: Well you mentioned him Cooper to Jane had a great night, Yes he did. That's an awesome play. How about Tom Brady the quarterback? Yes, yes, Tom Brady the quarterback had a great night.
Speaker 3: Yes he did, Yes he did.
Speaker 2: And I wanted you know, Tom said, hey, nobody's rooting for Patrick as much as I am or something. I'm like, no, no, that's not true. Tom, That's no way, no way, no, not going to do that. You know, there's part of you it's like, yeah, getting ruffed.
Speaker 3: Up there a little bit.
Speaker 2: Uh Least I didn't get blown out when I lost to the Giants, you know, or when I lost to the Eagles. When I lose, it's always a close game. Patrick's lost twice and he's gotten blown out both of those games there. So I would say Tom Brady the legacy, the legend of Tom Brady did really well last night, Maybe not the broadcaster, but certainly the football player.
Speaker 6: Well, that could bring us to part two of the poll question who had the worst night? Why don't we start with Tom Brady the broadcast?
Speaker 7: Oh no, I don't think he Wow, there are two different people last night. There's two different the tease of Tom Brady last night. Yeah, and they had drastically different nights.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean I've said what I've said about Tom. I think he'd be better in the studio than he is on a game. You know, it's solid, but we expect more than just solid. See, we can knock Tony Romo when he says I don't know, Jim, I think they're gonna and then it's wrong. But I feel like he's invested in the game. I feel like he is really looking at the game as if he was playing in the game. I don't Tom reacts. I want Tom to tell me beforehand that's really what he needs to work on. You know, Collins work does this, Troy does this, Herbstreet.
Speaker 3: Like you got to get out in front of it. We see it.
Speaker 2: I mean, football fans are as knowledgeable as any group. We know it, we see it, tell me before it happens.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: Tom did have one moment with Jalen Hurts when Hurts had a signal for aj Brown, like that was great. They're just not enough of those moments there. And I could see, you know, when they revamp that you know Fox line up there with Jimmy and Terry, that you could put Tom in there. Probably he would be better suited in that than calling a game.
Speaker 3: But he's got to get aggressive.
Speaker 2: You got to be aggressive when you're being the color analyst and tell us things and being excited about it and not waiting to be set up by you know, your play by play guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah see, yeah, I kind of.
Speaker 6: Think that sometimes it's not so much that Tom Brady is so bad at it, but he makes other people look great who maybe he took for granted for a little bit, like Troy Eakman. I know, I definitely took him for granted and we're like, oh, yeah, he's just like the guy who does the games. But now I'm like, man, look how good Troy is now. He really has the ability in seven seconds to give you something that Tom can spend twenty searching to find.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but see these guys. He's not used to doing this, though, You've got to get used to. When he played, he waited for you to ask him a question. And even then he didn't try to give you anything when he was playing. Now you have to give me something and you have to be out in front of it and be aggressive. And you know, it's just an average performance by him. There was nothing special.
Speaker 3: The watch.
Speaker 2: He was wearing a six hundred thousand dollars I know that, so that was special. And you know he and Kevin they looked freshly cofed.
Speaker 3: And you know they were ready to go into battle.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: Who else are you putting on that list? There?
Speaker 6: Seton let's see who had the worst night? While Patrick mahomes we've covered that. Yeah, well, why don't we start stick with the broadcast for this one. The Fox graphics team.
Speaker 3: Paulli.
Speaker 2: Paully spent a lot of time on the graphics. I think you know, as an old guy, I'm like, all right, I can read this. I was it was a little too big.
Speaker 3: For the sight challenge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yes, okay, yes for over fifty you're going, oh, I can see I can read everything there. It's not too cluttered up there, it was just a it was just a little too large.
Speaker 3: That's all, just a little too large. There, what else do we have?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's weird because there was like less to it, but it took up more space somehow.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And the other thing, it's very dangerous to unveil your graphics during the Super Bowl. You have a mass audience judging you, and most people don't like change whatsoever. Even I it was decent, but they felt like bloated and puffy, like they'd been stung by bees. The graphics and they took up a lot of space, even though that was not their goal.
Speaker 3: I don't think what else do you have seen?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's also not something that they just sort of whipped up, like, yeah, I take five minutes, here's our new graphics thing. They took a very long time and went over generation after generation of this one bug that that took.
Speaker 3: It took a while to do that. Let's see. How about Joe Shane h the Giants GM.
Speaker 6: The Giants GM who got rid of Sakuon Barkley too soon?
Speaker 2: He hanged, even though the chiefs did a great job in shutting him down. He did because they wanted They said, if we're losing. It's going to be because Jalen Hurt speeches.
Speaker 3: How about your buddy Nick Wright, Oh wow, holl is his night?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 3: I text him. I didn't hear back from him.
Speaker 2: Big Kan's City Chiefs fan came on said this could be the greatest team in history, greatest season in history. I think you got to lump them in with the seventy three win Golden State Warriors and the seven Patriots who lost in the Super Bowl. But yeah, Nick probably didn't have a good night last night. Who had the worst night? We could throw in Taylor Swift on there. People want her Tata did not have a good night, and uh they were booing, they were booing.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: How about Drake speaking of people who didn't have a good night? That wasn't great for him?
Speaker 3: Oh dear, imagine not even being there and having a bad night.
Speaker 6: I think he's in Australia right now. He had to go as far away as possible. I had to go to the exact opposite side of the world and still came out run.
Speaker 3: He gone to the moon.
Speaker 2: And then when Serena came out, and then Serena dated Drake and I'm like, God, Lee Kendrick Lamar has not taken prisoners here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's something about Serena Williams crip walking during the Super Bowl halftimes as a petty way to get back at some dude that Kendrick is beefing with. Oh just god, I don't know how many worlds are colliding there, but that is something.
Speaker 3: Dang, Yes, Marv, Kendrick's a psychopath.
Speaker 4: Hey, Serena one of the most famous entertainers of any kind in the world.
Speaker 3: Hey, come on stage. You want to Drake?
Speaker 4: Hey seconds, are you in? And she's like yes, yeah, And they're both from Compton by the way too, So there's that.
Speaker 2: Also, do you do you want to get on stage in front of I don't know one hundred million people and get back at Drake.
Speaker 3: Sure, all right, this is what you need to do.
Speaker 2: Because when I saw it, I was like, that looks a lot like Serena, but that can't be Serena. And then it is Serena, and then I'm going, oh, that's right. She went out with Drake.
Speaker 3: Sounds like fun. I'm in Yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we'll get phone calls coming up on this Monday, best worst of the weekend when we come back, We'll talk to Bill Kauer, former Steeler coach, CBS Sports and we're back after this Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Easter two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 3: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 9: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: We will get you your phone calls coming up as we always do every Monday, best and Worst of the weekend Settle on our poll question Bill Kauer, Hall of Fame coach, super Bowl winning coach with this Steelers and now remember the NFL today on CBS coach great to see. If I would have said twenty four hours ago, how do you think this Super Bowl is going to play out?
Speaker 3: You would have said, what.
Speaker 5: The fourth quarter? Who has the ball last? Possibly? But clearly I did not play out that way total Manhandlet I think by the Philadelphi Eagle defense against that offensive line which has been a little bit of suspect this year with the Kansas City but Kansas forefront yesterday.
Speaker 2: Okay, but they don't even blitz one time in that game, which I just didn't understand the first half adjustments or lack thereof, or at least the impression of they came out and they went three and out, and I thought, that doesn't seem like good, you know, first half or second half adjustments there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the biggest thing to me Dan that they got away from running the football and you're going against a football team that number one, you know, I think the big Cooper dejen interception for a Touchdow, it's ten tough and you're still in this game. You try to get your footing trying to get a first down. You go sack sack, third and sixteen, and all of a sudden you get to pick us to pick six. And again I think getting away and not even trying to run the football to kind of settle into the game and coming out throwing it when you all obviously your offensive line which is not your strength. Again, you know, they've been able to get by with it. They made their adjustments late in the season and you know and moving tuning out to left tackle. But this defensive front and Milton Williams, Josh Switt, Jalen Carter, they just manhandled the offensive line over the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: With running the ball, I thought, get three yards, get four yard, get something, because if they don't have to blitz, then I mean, what an advantage that.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, and I think the biggest thing we've seen with this team in Kansas City is they are a very good second half team and you get the get ball game into the fourth quarter. However way you need to get there. You need to minimize the differences in the scoring and trying to shorten the game to the fourth quarter, keeping within a score because you have the best kicker, you got a quarterback that can make plays with his legs, and this still like this game got away from him very early and they could never get anything going on offense, and then they started to press, and I think that you could see that happening and a lot of critic goes to Philadelphia. I mean, I think the Kansas City defense did a very good job and taking care of Saquon. But the biggest thing I always talk about is the attempts. I mean, they never deviated from the rush even though he was getting stopped. There was a great lesson to be learned about that they still kept running the football and kept that defense kind of at check because they had to play the run first. And I think that was something that they can look in the mirror and say, maybe we should try to do the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's what I'm thinking is they kept trying Saquon maybe there was going to be a home run in there. There was always the threat of he can hit a home run here, and they're sort of saying to Jalen Hurds, we want to see you beat us. And he certainly showed them.
Speaker 5: And I think that was what Spags wanted to do. I mean, I think they were going to take away Saque make Jalen beat him. But I think Jalen beat it as much with his legs. He did it with talmy, you know. I think that's the biggest thing too. When there wasn't the brushure and there wasn't the blitz and the four man rush, And that's the thing to me, Dan, when you look at this team in Philadelphia, they really don't have a weakness. And I think when you look at the football teams around National FOOTB League, the offensive line, the defensive line, you have to build yourself there. And I've always said your strengths get you into the playoffs and your weaknesses is what eliminates you. And I think that played true really for this Kansas City Chief football team, and a lot of strengths on that offensive side with what they've been able to do with the quarterback. Defensively, I think they showed up again yesterday. But the one weakness that they probably had and they kept trying to toil with it all year, was that offensive line, and they got of exposed yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I look, the Eagles are set up here for the next couple of years. Like when you would talk about maybe a new dynasty Philadelphia, I mean give.
Speaker 5: Howard Rosenad a lot of credit. Now they got three big, key three agents. Talking about Josh Sweat, Milton Williams and Zach Bond. These are three key cogs on that defensive side of the bone. But you know, you're talking about an offensive line that's still going to be intact. You're talking about Saquand who's still there. Two receivers are coming back, Jalen hurts to me, and I think you go back to also went into this game. We kept hearing about the three peak, we keep tearing about Steve Spagnola, but really the best defense in the league has been the Philadelphi Eagles and Vick Fangio, And so it's a little bit of kind of a disrespect card. I would think that was being played there, and I can understand it as well, and I can understand why we're all kind of excited about seeing history being made. But I think that also didn't play into the hands of the Kansas City Chase. I think for the Philadelphi Eagles, under the radar, underdog went into this game played exactly the way they wanted to play it, and I think they used that to their benefit.
Speaker 2: He's Bill Kawer, Hall of Fame coach, super Bowl winning coach with the Steelers. He works on the NFL today on CBS The MVP last night, in your opinion, was who.
Speaker 5: The defense the defensive line of the philadelph Eagles. And I could sit there and say it was going to be Josh Sweat, but I look at Milton Williams, and then you can't take away from Jalen Carter because Jalen Carter's a guy that he disrupts a lot and creates a lot of those opportunities for the other guys. So I to me, it's the collective effort of a defensive line, and you can do a four man rush and get that kind of pressure and not have to blitz, and you can tip back there and courage and make them throw the ball underneath and play that zone. And those guys are great cut and they're good tacklers in the secondary. To me, clearly, it was a defensive line of the philadelph Eagles.
Speaker 2: Don't you wish we could give the MVP to a unit Like when Brady and the Patriots lost to the Giants, that front four dominated. There's been moments where, you know, the offensive line with the Broncos. When the Broncos beat the Green Bay Packers, that offensive line was unbelievable. I just wish we would go with a group instead of an individual's on time, and.
Speaker 5: I think it's got to be. The group's got to be. Actually, I think the individual's come with the skill positions. Because there's a certain skill position, whether it's a running back or receiver or a quarterback, they can have an outstanding game to the listen. I'm not to takeing away from Jalen Hurts because I think his decision making and he's been an integral part of that that football team all year long. But you talk about the two lines, they have to work and sync, particularly offensive line they have to work together. This is the best offensive line of football. And we're talking about the Philadelphi Eagles. So did they get stopped Yesterday's sake one to get they did. But did Jalen Hurts have time to throw the football? Yes? Was he able to scramble? Yes? Was he sacked? Yeah? Maybe one time, maybe hit a couple other times, but he had time. It feels comfortable back there, and he had defensive line. Like you said, I agree, two lines to me are units. The skill positions are people. But to me, those are the units. And right now, I think no one has a better duel of lines than the Philadelphi Eagles. Like you said, set up maybe for years to come again a couple of key free agents going up there with John Sweat, Milton Williams and Zach Bond on the defensive side.
Speaker 3: The push tush tush push whatever. Brotherly push, yeah, brotherly shove.
Speaker 2: We we saw it on display last night with the touchdown. But I wonder, I'm I'm fine with it if I'm lining up and I'm going to do it and nobody else can do it this way. If Buffalo could do it this way, Buffalo would have been in the super Bowl probably, so I can tell by the grimacing of your face that you're not big on the brotherly shove here.
Speaker 5: I'm not. It's not a football play. It's rugby. They called a scrum. I mean, that's that's what it is. Dan, It's called it the way it is. It's a scrum. I mean you're pushing people and pushing them over. I mean, listen, it's just a quarterback sneak. I get it. But it becomes like a pushing in the back and it's a scrum, and I don't know, it's not a strategical play in my opinion, So.
Speaker 3: Okay, how do you get rid of it? Though?
Speaker 2: If I don't allow somebody to push the quarterback from behind.
Speaker 3: Would you be okay with that? That's just a quarterback sneak?
Speaker 5: Yes, Yes, I do. I do. I'm fine with that. I think when you start pushing and putting a guy in the middle, and I think that there's going to be I think there's a safety element to this at some point. I would have to think, because when you have six hundred pounds pushing on one person who's trying to stay in there to three hundred pounds, that just seems like it's a safety issue, but I yeah, if you can't when we start a while pushing the guy forward, and I like, you know these late flags, All of sudden we're pushing a guy eight to ten yards. That was never the case. Before you stop the play, I mean, the play's over. You gotta get stopped. He stopped. The game of football is more strategic. It's you know, that's rugby. I love nothing against rugby, but if you want to get a scrum, you want to see a scrum, go to a rugby rugby match.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady's still the Goats. Joe Montana still second on that list in your.
Speaker 5: Opinion, Yeah, I mean I think so. I mean I think that you can't say not. But listen, I think I'm not gonna take anything away from but Patrick Mahomes. What he's done in his career, where he's at right now, under thirty and receiverer Bowls he's been to every year he's been there, This is pretty impressive. You know again, I'm not going to sit there and take one game and tarnish what he's done. And I think what he's done, he's carried that football team and there's been a lot of change that they've gone through for Andy Reid and that football team continue to get back to there. And even there was the injuries they had this year, You're talking about Rishard Rice even being there the whole year, bringing in receivers. D Hop comes in late in the season. You know, Kareem Hunt keets going to win, but the checko goes down, so and then you know, from trying to make the moves they did on the offensive line. So you know, you think about defensively, Chris Jones and yet been spaged, what he does with that defensive front and the different looks that he provides. It's a well coached team. Patrick mahons, with no question in the fourth quarter, as good as any quarterback in the National Football League proves that year and you're out. So you know, I'm not gonna take anything away from him. I mean I still would put him up there with Brady.
Speaker 3: What do you think the Chiefs do in the off season?
Speaker 5: Uh, you know, I think they want to get healthy. I think again they're gonna still be the team to beat. I think they have to address their offensive line. I think we've getting I think moving Tuney back inside with Trey Smith and and create a Humphrey that they had a dynamic treasam in the mid middle, and I think there was a comfort level that Patrick Mahomes had. They can take care of the edges. I think they need to get a left tackle that they can count on and on the edges because other than that, boy, I think they're gonna get They got some receivers coming back. I think they got their death are running back. Defensively, they're going to be fine. I'm not sure exactly where they stand a pre agency, but listen, this is a well coached team. They got some great coaches, and they just did not play the best football game. I don't think they called their best football game coaching wise. On the offensive side of the ball. I guess we just talked about earlier. I think they gave themselves a chance, but they were just man handled by a better football team. The best football team of football won the Super Bowl this year. That was a Philadelphi Eagles. There's not a weakness they had. If it was that weakness might have been Jake Elliott. And he was nailing these things from fifty two yards yesterday. So he got things straightened out. And again, I mean they're being a team to be to me moving forward?
Speaker 3: Do you think Aaron Rodgers plays again?
Speaker 5: I do. I think he wants to play. I think there's a uh, there's gonna be a place for him somewhere I can. I mean, but you know, Aaron's like he's going to go to his dark place. He's gonna come out. I don't know. I don't know. I mean, you ever know where Aaron's coming from. But I think if he puts his mind to it, I think he can still throw it. I think that you know, he can still move around. Fine. Again, it's going to be the right place for him in the right situation. I just don't think he's gonna want to get run out like he feels like he got run out of this year for New York Jets. I just don't think he wants to go out on that note. So I'm gonna say somewhere he's going to land.
Speaker 3: Could he play in Pittsburgh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I don't know where they are right now in terms of their quarterback situation with Russell and Justin and Aaron. I think the decision has to be made. You know, what's the future plan and what is the plan in the interim. I think there's going to be also a sense of urgency and taking you know, some guys in the back end of their careers TJ. Watt Camp, Heyward. You know they they they're in the latter stages of their careers. They want to win now and that's a big part of what they want to do. But you also gotta have a plan moving forward and at that position. So I think they'll be they'll be dialogue there. But those few conversations taking place in that building.
Speaker 2: Coach a great off season. Hopefully it's quiet for you travel you got plans.
Speaker 5: No, I mean I'll hang around here. I'll just watching you and see what you transition into basketball. Hey, listen, there's nothing like March madness. I really do love this time of year because March Madness is starting to starting to uh, it's starting to come around the corner here. So, uh, it's the best tournament going love basketball and I look forward to that.
Speaker 3: So and your daughter's played, didn't they?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they played. They all play. Two played Princeton, one played at Whalker. They all played college basketball. And I mean a women's game has never been better. To be honest with you, it's at the skill level is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: How are you as a pair of watching his daughter's play basketball.
Speaker 5: Well, my late wife I used to go watch him plays. She says, don't say anything about their technique. All I could talk about was their effort. So I was only allowed to judge effort and defensive if their defensive like mentality, so I said, just keep moving your feet, stay in front. But anything to do with the shot or anything to do with offense, I was not allowed to make any kind of comments whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Thank you, coach. We appreciate all the time you spent with us this year.
Speaker 5: And I love love your front desk too, beans Daan.
Speaker 3: Thank you buddy. That's Bill Kaller, Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: A couple of phone calls in here, settle on our poole question here. Yeah, I wonder if the brotherly shove stays. And I wonder if you can say, because you can't take away the quarterback sneak, but I could eliminate the people who are pushing the quarterback. You know that used to be illegal, and I'm that's what I would think. If they're going to outlaw anything with it, I think you have to say nobody can be behind the person who has the ball, but you can't take away the quarterback.
Speaker 7: Snake, Yeah, pulling in the first quarter of the game last night, Chris Jones was on the bench getting his neck adjusted and they said it's because of he gets in that scrum. I wonder if the people who are against the Brotherly Shove look at that and say, wow, a prime defensive tackle in the Super Bowl showed that it could be dangerous.
Speaker 3: That could be a useful.
Speaker 2: Chip gush in La Hi Gus, Best and Worst of the weekend?
Speaker 8: Good morning, mister Patrick. Hope you're and the boys had a great weekend. You know what, I could give you a worse of the weekend and say that Charlotte Hornets tried to sell my Lakers some faulty.
Speaker 2: Good but I'm not going to go there. So how awkward is that going to be? When Dalton connect comes back and they're like, hey, Dalton, long time, no see we love.
Speaker 8: Having you here.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, trust us.
Speaker 8: So you know, best of the weekend, You know, as much as you know everybody wants to give it up to you know, Jalen Hurts and everything like that. That defense man of the Philadelphia Eagles has to be a performance for the Ages, because you know, you had my Homes, you had Kelsey, you had all this, and then bam that Philly d was unstoppable. You couldn't do anything about it. Performing for the Ages of all times and then kind of a best bonus, best of the weekend, Hube Brown. I mean, I don't know what you guys think about that, but you know what, I grew up watching the game of basketball from like the early nineties, and Humbey Brown was a staple of that. You know, if I had kids, he would have been like raising my kids on basketball. The way that I was with him. It was truly something special to see. And you know, in my lifetime, I've been able to do the Giants, the grace of that industry, that type of you know, broadcasting walk out into the sunset. So to me, it was really cool to be able to know before the Super Bowl, to be able to watch sit down and watch you be Brown to his final telecast. Just a cool experience. You boys, have a great week, Take care.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Gus hub always was a teacher. Whenever you sat down with him, he's talking basketball.
Speaker 3: He was teaching.
Speaker 2: Now that style of broadcaster probably wouldn't get an opportunity now because you know now you're a performer.
Speaker 3: Hub Brown was never a performer.
Speaker 2: He was just a teacher and uh and I always appreciated that I didn't need something, you know, your decibel level or whatever as much as I there's time when you just want somebody to teach you or tell you or show you without yelling at you. He wasn't demonstrative. Now, he could be irascable, he could get upset at bad basketball playing, but I think the beauty of him was and he is.
Speaker 3: He's a teacher.
Speaker 2: And there's not a lot of them that you know, are color analysts anymore, because I don't know if people really want that now.
Speaker 3: They kind of probably want a.
Speaker 2: Little more charisma, pizazz, something catchphrase whatever, And I get it. But hu Be never ever swayed from what he truly was and is. That's a teacher. So he'll be thank you for all of those years. Ninety two years of age. I think ninety one ninety two years of age. We'll take break more phone calls coming up, but up next Phil in the Blank, that's after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app Oh my God.
Speaker 3: Of the day.
Speaker 2: My God, this is the play of the day.
Speaker 6: Shut this out blushing because looking it's intercept.
Speaker 3: It's interceptment running up to a twenty five. The crown side is the team, A good team that pro toucht the scene of good scenes in the Super Bowl on.
Speaker 2: The Punta courtesy of the Eagles Radio Network. Last three quarterbacks to throw a pick six in a Super Bowl Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning. Play of the Day brought to you by Keeper's Heart. A new and unique style of whiskey that combines the best of Irish and American whiskey, creating a smooth character of Irish whiskey and the bold flavors of American whiskeys. If you're a whiskey fan, you gotta try it and please drink responsibly. Time to play fill in the blank? Seaton, Would you give me a pull update? I'm not sure which one we went with? Who had the best weekend or the worst weekend?
Speaker 3: Yeah, last night we started with who had the best? Okay, all right, all right, we're going positive here.
Speaker 6: I heard the best night, right, now Vic Fangio and the Eagles defense running away with that one, followed by Jalen Hurts, Tom Brady the quarterback not getting as much love but some.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I was hoping that you, Vic Fangio would get credit for dialing something up, But then I realized that he wasn't dialing anything up. He didn't need to. He just basically said, guys, you four guys, rush that guy right there. That's all we need to do. All right, Time to play pill in the blank. I'll read a line here and then you fill in the blank. Like last night, the Chiefs got blank Todd mo humbold all right, Patrick Mahumboldt, Seeton Humboldt.
Speaker 6: This fill in the blank might be peak Todd Fritz it is, and like the use of his gifts he loves.
Speaker 3: I don't know that it'll get better than this. They got dominated, okay, dominated, Marvin Hurts, Okay, they got Hurts Hurts, Paul.
Speaker 7: The Chiefs got temporarily humbled.
Speaker 3: Last night, the Chiefs got blanked. Damn Okay that the Eagles defense was blank. Todd.
Speaker 2: I initially wrote genius, but I changed it to fangiotastic. I'm going to give you a blue blue on both of those. The genius is probably better than Fangioso.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, I don't want to go after Todd anymore.
Speaker 3: He's still good at this. Okay, Okay, Marvin, you go, I don't want to do this anymore. That's good, Marvin. The Eagles defense was blank. Eighty five Bears Like whoa, I stole that one from Paul.
Speaker 2: No, he would never say that, right, say the eighty five Bears were better than every defense ever history of man cond The Eagles defense was blank, Paul wallss Okay, Nick Sirianni's job is blank, ton safer.
Speaker 3: I just went it's safer satan. You mean, didn't you mean safe quan safe quorn.
Speaker 2: Safe quon save Kwan Barkley, Marvin, how about you temporary? Well, well, aren't all jobs temporary?
Speaker 3: Before a guy that just won a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: He could be Doug Peterson in two years and be fired. I mean, yeah, you're right, okay, Paul. Nick Sirianni's job.
Speaker 7: Is statue worthy, question mark statue worthy.
Speaker 3: Don't you get a statue these days?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: Nick Foles did, and the coach did, Doug Peterson get a statue?
Speaker 3: They're together in the statue.
Speaker 7: It's the play call on the sidelines.
Speaker 3: Is the statue? Okay?
Speaker 2: Not a statue, guy, just not. Tom Brady's night was blank Todd Gody, Gody, He's got a nice amount of space now between him and my homes Seaton.
Speaker 3: Tom Brady's night last night was a blast. They all have this.
Speaker 6: I don't know why, but that entire Fox crew have adopted this strange, maybe Californian accent.
Speaker 3: Where you know, the passing attack. Let's throw it down to Aaron Andrews. Yeah. I spoke to Tom.
Speaker 6: You're like, why where did this accent all come from? I did an interview on a podcast earlier last week.
Speaker 2: Where is this accent coming from? I wish that there was another game so now I could listen for that. It's all I hear.
Speaker 3: It's all. I have no idea what they're saying until it's like, well, that was a blast. That was really a blast? How long would tom Brady's night was blank?
Speaker 7: Marvin Tricky, Paul tom Brady's night was complex?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Fox's new football graphics or blank todd sneaky intrusive seatan temporary Corvin Boomer friendly thank you, Paulie performance enhanced.
Speaker 3: My lasting memory of this Super Bowl will be blank Todd, three deplete re deplete. Wait, so what's the memory?
Speaker 4: How the Chiefs had a chance to get a three peet and they did not, So I.
Speaker 3: Went with three deplete okay, because.
Speaker 4: Everything was about three pet which didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Seton, what about you? My lasting memory will be Kendrick lamar Ooh, Marvin dominates, Paul the the gene pick sick.
Speaker 2: All right, that's it. That's called fill in the blank. Congratulations like that. We're plotting for ourselves.
Speaker 3: Fill in the blank at a good season?
Speaker 2: It did? Yeah, fill in the blank, start to finish? How about fill in the blank? About filling the blank?
Speaker 3: Todd?
Speaker 5: Filling the blank was fun?
Speaker 6: Seatan fill in the stank mark more like filling the stank. Marvin fritzy worthy, Paul beyond serviceable.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we did it. That's one hour in the books. Two more to go. More phone calls coming up, Best and Worst of the weekend. Devin mccordy from NBC Sports will join us.
Speaker 3: Coming up.
Speaker 2: Lewis Riddick and the Mothership will stop by as well. More phone calls. Operator Tyler sitting by hour two, right after this