Speaker 1: Flame Flame. She if you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name flame, my bro also known as my roe Flame.
Speaker 2: Come in with last and come in with Jim love loundes. Baby, you better catch it when you can't drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Tips? Yeah you know? She read shot Towns on speaking to the grown a second year. We're gonna laugh, cut him and kick it and at the end we leave it with just a lift his firits that you want to revisit. So your first second listen young folks say you slip? Oh, folks say we dig it?
Speaker 1: Goodkay? No this do what you do?
Speaker 2: Hey, no this do what you do?
Speaker 1: Cany no do what I do?
Speaker 3: Can no this?
Speaker 1: Hey hey hey, this is comedian playing my rowe and welcome to this week's episode of Black and Learn. We are so happy that you guys joined us today along here with my wonderful producer, mister Aaron Howard and my gorgeous co host, The lady took herself the one and only icons. It's Bobby Clifford. How are you, Bobby?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: Dal how you doing?
Speaker 1: My voice is a little here me today. I need to take some weights off of it. But right now I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't, I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a very interesting trying to events happening in the last couple of weeks byby. So I just want to jump right into it. I want to jump right into something that I have been saying and something that I am so pleased that they have finally come to terms with and they have ousted George Santo's from.
Speaker 3: Congress, and I take it. I will take it, and I will take you.
Speaker 2: He went out like sour grapes though he's spilling the beans on everybody's talking about adultery, insider training.
Speaker 1: Well, why wouldn't he He lied to get the job, So why wouldn't he?
Speaker 3: Oh, my god, was he telling the truth?
Speaker 2: Asked the question, Oh, he could be telling the truth, but god, I would like to think that he's at one point could kind of go out. I'd say like a man, but I'll say like a grown up.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you said, because I almost say something else, like a like a drag queen, which he's making money again, back on a cameo. He's making big money doing cameos now, so he has went over and started doing cameos. Oh my god, hundreds of thousand dollars to do personal cameos for people. That is the scariest part. From what I hear, Rouma has that he might be a contestant on next season. Is RuPaul's rag race. Let's just sit back and see.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I saw him on something on a clip and he was there was an interview. It was one of the talk big talking heads that we saw. But I was just like cliking past it and they asked him. So I stopped when I heard this, You know, are you afraid of going to jail? And he says, well, yes, nobody wants to go to Chailey he was. I was happy to see that somebody actually posed it to him that he actually does have some some legal troubles. It's not just all about losing his seat. But I'm hoping he.
Speaker 3: Has ruma has it.
Speaker 1: He lost his seat long before he lost seat.
Speaker 2: Kathy Hoko that the governor is going to have to have a special election fingers crossed. He was the first Republican in quite a while that they'll get a Democrat back in that seat. But that won't happen. It's like seventy or eighty days after after he was actually out, so it'll be some time after the new year before before they do that. Fingers crossed.
Speaker 3: It's the question, maby wasn't even a Republican.
Speaker 1: With so many laves being sputed from George Santos, we don't know anything to be true.
Speaker 3: We don't know anything to be true.
Speaker 1: We don't know anything to be true except that he did drag shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, you're you're exactly right. He's it's the truth, that's absolutely the truth. I think it seems like a lot of politicians they'll flame right now, are like flipping, Like RFK Junior is now all of a sudden, he's going to be an independent so that he can run. But he's actually a Democrat, you know, there their mansion. I mean, god knows what he was. I supposedly a Democrat, but but he had very Republican tendencies. So I don't know what any of them do. Sometimes I think they do whatever whatever they can do just to get into the get their their bottom into the chair. But he's not the only one. Kevin McCarthy is also saying that he's he's retiring from Congress at the end of the month or the end of the year. So this is going to lower the GOP gap to I think it's going to only be two seats now at this point.
Speaker 1: McCarthy should have retire after the tenth vote that he didn't get.
Speaker 2: You, yeah, he should have. Well, when they ousted him, I think they've just made it absolutely I think they've made it absolutely miserable for him. So you know, he's finally out, given his final speech, et cetera, et cetera. Let's see what what goes in with his seat as well. Fingers and toes crossed.
Speaker 1: Well, I see that they wouldn't have to they won't have the Hunter Biden. Then they're all over Hunter Biden. And all of this, to me is the decoy or the the overplay for the overplay, for the underplay, because it is all too cloud President Joe Biden. To make Biden look bad. We've been talking about this on laugh on him, by the good God for two seasons. Oh it's good. They will do anything that they can do to discredit this man, to make him look bad. But y'all keep hollering. By his age, he was old when he won. He was two hundred twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm sure he didn't want to run then, but there wasn't much in there. And he really believes in the constitution and in a strong democracy. So he kind of you know, brushed his pants off and got up and went in. Yeah, of the Hunter Biden had said that he would he wouldn't go into a closed a closed hearing. He is willing to go into to a public hearing. So if they had nine more indictments on him, we'll have to see, We'll have to see what happens, see what happens with him.
Speaker 1: It didn't change the game plan on Hunter Biden because the original the original.
Speaker 3: Deal was, you know, and he did pay his taxes and he paid.
Speaker 2: It all paid. The pact that I find oh go ahead, Sorry.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, come on, come on no.
Speaker 2: The pact that I find I find strange flame is that he admitted all of this. He came out years ago, two years ago, or whenever he had done the ping. He paid everything. He admitted to the to the gun charges, like you know, he admitted his piece of it. He said that he was irresponsible. He admitted to the prostitutes and the escorts and all of it. He already. So when they start to bring up more charges like they're discovering something, go back to and listen to what his original interview was. He listed it all. So I don't understand why now all of a sudden people are up and armous when he already squealed on himself, for the love of God, I don't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: They really already come to a deal, and so many people have done, have gotten lesser charges. But this is all because this is the sitting president absolute that they're trying to have issues with to make Biden and Biden. What they do know about President Joe Biden is that he does love his family and his children, and.
Speaker 3: Yes, and this.
Speaker 1: Could be a distraction, and this could be something just to infiltrate his mind and his heart so that you would be on his a game to be the good president because the options that we have are just not looking good for us. So they figure Frazzler the singing you're frazzler, the man who has a million responsibilities, mostly from the last administration, to clean up and go after his family. I think that that was a line from Spider Man when the Goblin said attack the heart, and that's what they're doing there. They can't get Biden on his politics, they can't get Biden on who he is as a man, but they can go after his children and his family, and that's exactly what they are doing.
Speaker 2: That is his achilles heel. I mean, I will say he is so open about how close he is with his family and his guilt. It's it's like a survivor's guilt for losing his wife and his daughter is so palpable that that and it's hard I have to say. In my own family, we have addicts, and it's there's such guilt that goes with that too, being a parent. So I think they they found him in the in his weak spot. So let's see what happens. Let's see what happens.
Speaker 3: But prayers to prayers to Joe, and prayers to.
Speaker 1: Doctor Jill Biden the first lady, because they're all the family, and prayers to America because I'm telling you all right now, y'all looking at what Hunter Biden did. His father was not involved in his business practices. Did he use his dad's last name for cloud, I'm sure he did, But that is what a lot of celebrities.
Speaker 3: So many sports.
Speaker 1: So many people do that and they used that their their their you know, their famous whoever's name to say hey, I'm this is I'm affiliated with this person. I affiliated with that person. The problem is the monsters that are going after Joe Biden, President Biden. The monsters that are going after him are the monsters that want to be put in positions to be the monsters that will be in power to make everybody else bow down to their monsterism. Bullshit, I call bullshit. That's what the little boy said is real.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was hysterical. That wass And what's the worst is as parents like even say your kids, you can't you can't be responsible for your kids, say like, he wasn't telling his son to use his name, So even if his son used it, it wasn't like Joe was out there, you know, glad handing and and saying I'm Joe Biden, so you have to do for my kid. So well, anyway, Dell, this is all going to come out in the wash. I hope to god it comes out the way that that we want. But it does distract. So here we are again. We've talked about this before. Flame Instead of talking about what the real issues are. What are we discussing. We're discussing a distraction, something that's just pulling away from from what's actually going on. That's good, and speaking about what's going on that was good. Kamala Harris, did you see that she has had the most tie breaking boats cast by a VP in history. She's got the Golden gavel?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she uh.
Speaker 1: You know, Bobby and I had my issues with Kamala Harris when she first uh, when she first threw her having the ring.
Speaker 3: I said it publicly even on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say that she has grown on me, but I can't see what she has gatted in a way of anything that Joe.
Speaker 3: Biden, no, why haven't either to help push So.
Speaker 1: That part, to me makes me look at her with a different set of eyes. You know, she is working it.
Speaker 2: On now and she's learning from a master.
Speaker 3: She's learning.
Speaker 1: She definitely is learning from somebody who has been experienced in politics for what fifty years, as long.
Speaker 3: As nobody been forty fifty years.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I think he was twenty he was twenty nine right when he when he became a senator. I believe he was the youngest, like well, the youngest in his area, I believe. So if he's eighty.
Speaker 1: One, two thousand, no, now he's twenty twenty nine, good guy, but his age has nothing to do with his credibilities, for his experience or that he is doing the job. Because everything that he said he was going to do, for the most part, he has pretty much done.
Speaker 3: Now. There are some organizations black.
Speaker 1: Folks included, that we are try, Yeah, that we are still waiting on. But remember we have to remember he is one person, and it takes two terms as the president of these United States to make real significant change. We have to give him a second term so we can see what he's.
Speaker 3: Going to do.
Speaker 1: Because the second one, the other one who wants the second term and not consecutively, have told you from day one, I will be a dictator from day one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh no, only on day one, he says, only on day one, because what he's going to do is he's going to pull the constitution right, He's going to make it so we won't even be called it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the hell would call himself after that. But he's going to wipe everything out on day one. So yeah, I don't even can't even ough makes me sick that he has not fallen in the polls at all.
Speaker 1: Well, let's go to something else, since we already own glooming doing with politics, and this is gloom and doing. But let me tell you the joy in this story for me. So we lost we recently lost Norman Lear. Norman Lear was atrical part of my childhood. Not that I met him when I was a kid, but fortunately I was able to meet him in twenty nineteen, Thank you God, and thank you Tiffany Hattish. But in twenty nineteen they were remaking The Jeffersons and Tiffany was playing on there. I always wanted to meet him because he was mad. All in the Family, Good Times, The Jeffersons, so many shows that we watched, some family TV we grew up with. I wanted Edith to be my mother. I wanted Florida to be my mother. I wanted James to be my daddy and my boyfriend go figure. But there was a character on All in the Family named Beverly Lasale. It was a drag queen. At that time they called it a transvestite. This was seventy four, and Archie saved this character's life on the movie.
Speaker 3: This is all the storyline. In the back of a cab.
Speaker 1: You know, she was in drag or have you by an Archie Bunker gave a mathter math rescitation. She came to the house to thank them, and she told Edith that she was a transvestite, and Edith said, oh, you don't even have a foreign accident. Edith and the dean that it was so great Jean Stable to rest in peace. She was so great at playing that character. But what happened was, this was seventy four. Archie, the character, Belly Sale, and Edith all became friends. But Edith and Beverly Lasal became in the movie and the show very good, very close friends like you and I Bobby.
Speaker 3: Just complete apacis. But we met and found out, oh my god, we really like each other.
Speaker 1: I thought that that was so poignant to me at the age of nine, because I felt weird. But when I saw Belly Sell take a wig off, and then I saw her be accepted in love by this complete racist. Archie Bunker was a complete race And when I say racist, not just against color. Archie didn't like nothing that wasn't just a white man, white working classman like him. But Beverly gave Archie a heart. Edith already had a heart. That character was so significant in who my upbringing. So rest in peace to Normally, I don't care about all the other stories they said what he did.
Speaker 3: I don't care about any of that.
Speaker 1: Only thing I care about is own face value of what those shows did for me as a child and how they helped mold and shape me to the person that I am today. So hats all to the legend one hundred and one years old. Absolutely, that's a great life. And he knew who he was and had his mind. He was like he knew exactly who he were.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you saw how you met him, like when he was ninety nine. It was just before he turned one hundred, I think, didn't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was right before I think he was like ninety eight because this was nineteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah, but still at that sharpest attack. He had six kids, served in the Air Force. He just just absolutely amazing. He I mean, his shows were a political, social, generational, racial, personal. He did Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. That was That was why I never really connected with that one. But my god, it went down in history people.
Speaker 1: I always thought that, and then Mary Hartman had been in my animals. Let me just say that I've always thought.
Speaker 2: And one day at a time I think that was another one. But yeah, he was. And we lost We lost others. We lost Sandra Dale O'Connor, who blazed the trail for women to sit on the Supreme Court. She died at ninety three, a beautiful mind who ended up dying of complications related to dementia, which I after watching my aunt die, It's such a horrible, miserable way to go, you know, it's it's it. It leaves you with absolutely no dignity. Unfortunately, we also lost since we've last spoken, Shane McGowan. He was in a band Irish band known as the Pogues. I didn't know him. I he died in New York from some sort of viral infection at sixty five. Who else do we have passed? Oh, Francis Sternhagen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hany mouse, Ryan O'Neill.
Speaker 2: Yes, we did, we did. He died of They have no they haven't released his his cause of death yet, but he was fighting over the past ten or fifteen years prostate cancer and leukemia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well they say that's what it was, the prostate cancer. I watched him SNBC and they said that was the main factor. We also just wasn't Yeah. So two days ago we lost Andre Brauer, who was also suffering from I think from prostate can prostaly. Cancer is something fellas. I have talked about it to you guys. Please get your prostay check please. I know, I know hate me when I tell you that colonoscopy ain't nothing to play with. It's the preparation, because the procedure is three minutes. If they're long plus, you be out. But the preparation of getting ready for but it will, it could, It could change the dynamic of your life, and it could give you time to find out whether something is going on, if you have cancer's poles or what have you. I'm only speaking from experience. I had it in twenty twenty. I will tell you that the preparation was yuck, and not yuck in the painful way, just yuck.
Speaker 3: But the procedure was invasive, but painless.
Speaker 1: Over in a second, and now I know I have no cancer polypy I don't have to go back for ten years, and that takes the weight of the world off your shoulders so lucky as me, and you want to make sure that you can keep, especially of a certain age that you want to keep a great blood flow through your penis or your Your urine is good, your orgasm is good, your erections are good. But you will not know that unless you go to the doctor. You don't want to get blockaged. And yeah, I know it's a deep conversation that I don't want nobody's poking and pride in my ass. Hear me when I tell you that doctor poking and pride is a lot safer than after you have hit stage four, because.
Speaker 3: It's a wrap. I'm just I'm let me just be cold with it.
Speaker 1: Once you hit stage four, a prostate cancer or any kind of cancer, it's pretty much a rap. There is one in a billion. But if you played the lottery, you know how hard that is to catch that one in a billion. Just take care of yourself and go do it. It is it's about you. It's not about it's about your family. It is about your children, because no one wants to see you go through that. That prostate cancer or any it will eat you up from the inside out, and your loved ones and your family and people who care about You have to have to witness that. Think about them, don't think about you, think about the damage that you do to them. I'm just saying, that's my PSA plus.
Speaker 2: No, I think that.
Speaker 1: Flips sad Bobby, there's a plus that plus you get propo bol Oh my god, I'm thinking about going to have me one next week.
Speaker 3: Just give me some purple ball. Okay, come on.
Speaker 2: He was only sixty one and he died super fast. You know, they kept saying it was a brief illness. So I don't know if he got to stage four and just didn't realize that. You know, some people suck up. Oh I just feel a little this or a little that, and they don't bother to listen to the signs of their body. He was raised in Chicago. Did you know him at all through school? I mean, he's a number of years older than you.
Speaker 3: But no, I didn't know him, but I followed I always.
Speaker 2: I'm like, there are a lot of it people like come out of Chicago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was a fantastic actor. They mentioned him in so many sitcoms that he was in. I mean so many shows that he was in. But the show that I loved him in. I think when I really first paid attention to him was a movie called Get on the Bus, which was about the Millionaire March, and he was on there.
Speaker 3: He played a gay character.
Speaker 1: Now he played a person who taunted the gay character, and he was just a great actor. He also played on SVU as a lawyer law and oder Scu who was a great lawyer.
Speaker 2: Homicide. I loved him on Homicide.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his acting, his range was ginormous. So may he rest in peace and a ken ladies and gentlemen. Tomorrow is not promised. It's just not. It is not.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of fame, no amount of anything will keep you when your number is called. So try and I'm telling you how this for myself today too. Try to find your joy and try to find as much happy as you can.
Speaker 3: Let's go by where we're going. Where are we going to? Lady Biry John? All right?
Speaker 2: So the only, so the only, We have two other ones. I just want to mention. Kissinger died, so you know that was talk about foreign policy. He was synonymous with fallen foreign policy in the seventies, so he that was that was sort of a legend. He also died. I think he was one hundred or one hundred and one in one himself. And then somebody that I love. I loved because I loved the song. Gene Knight died, the legendary singer who's saying, mister big stuff. She died at eighty.
Speaker 3: So that here's a personal question. Why did you like that?
Speaker 2: I just I like, I know, I know it's hearing, but I got it. It sounded cool and she had a smooth tone to her, and I just thought she was the bee's knees. I thought that was she was pretty interesting. So when I was a kid, you know, you look up to certain people, and that was Diana Ross was another one I loved, but I loved her. I thought she was cool. Have you heard or because you've got two dogs, have you heard have the mystery dog illness that's been going around.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've heard of the.
Speaker 2: Oh I've been nervous. My dog is like desperate, desperate to be groomed, and I'm really concerned. They say it's like respiratory stuff. It's super catchy, So you don't know, but that's it has been all over the news. I haven't heard the past couple of days, but coughing sneezing, difficulty breathing, go to the vet. Don't be cheap. And if you go to the big bed is holding interest rates again? Oh go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you can't go, if you can't afford to go to the event, I apply for care critic Care created is a credit that takes care of you and yours. They got credit cards for you and your dogs. You can both use. I get Swipe man for a cold and swipe he is for a coldon good guy at the same time.
Speaker 3: Have you heard about it?
Speaker 2: No, I never had. I love every time we do this. I want a little something new from you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I would say if you if you're someone like Slaying who's got two dogs, if you notice it in one, please try to keep them separate because they say it's catching and just you know, if your dog's been sneezing in a coffin or whatever, just keep them away from the other dogs until you figure out what's going on. Some good news is that the Fed is holding interest rates at the current level, which is five point twenty five, for the third time this year. The Labor Department said that inflation is eased to three point one. A lot of it due to dropping gas prices. The FED is thinking they're going to keep interest rate steady and then over next year hopefully it'll drop. They'll drop it in three increments over over the next year, which is terrific. You know, they inflation is coming down. I know, people, we don't want to hear that.
Speaker 1: Oh disclaimer, I'm sorry, Lady Gleman, Andre Byer. Now they just posted that is lung cancer. It was not prostate cancer cancer. So let me clarify that, and we're gonna pull that out. Let me clear for that because I don't want you to say, oh flame putting out misinformation. Now, I'm going on what I've seen. What I've seen in the media. They did talk about prostate cancer, but lung cancer is bad. And you know what blows me. I don't know how some people kids lung cancer when they don't smoke. I don't know if he smoked in that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I yeah, I don't know. I feel like he smoked, but it could have just been for the show. I feel like he smoked on Homicide, Life on the Street or something like that, But I don't know if he actually smoked in his light in his lifetime. There was another actress, like a child actress. I can't think of her. She had come out this week with saying that she has lung cancer. She was lucky she had stage one. And she never smoked either, So it's probably a secondhand smoke flame like if your parents smoked, and they will blow And remember back in the day, they blew it everywhere. They didn't blow to the side, they didn't leave the house. They smoked right in front of you and it was like a cloud. So yeah, no, that's so good. We had a little bit of update on climate stuff. They had the big COP twenty eight summit and they have agreed to start to pull away from fossil fuels, so that'll kind of be good. I think they have a two year deadline to get in what their formal plans are and are for their country, how they're going to lower emissions. So we'll see. We'll see how that goes. I mean, it's sort of inevitable. Can't even say that word ten times fast. But we'll see how the Also a few people feel.
Speaker 1: To the Tuskegee Airmen. There was laid to rest nearly eighty years after he went missing. Second Lieutenant Fred Brewer Jr. Has been missing since ten, nineteen forty four.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: December the sixth Group was finally laid to rest in his home state of North Carolina's, surrounded by family he never got to meet, but who for years had fought to find him and bring him home. The plan he was flying road as he attempted a steep climb to get above a cloud cover. Following the war, a body was recovered by US personnel from a civilian cemetery in Italy, but limited tech at the time made it impossible for the remains to be identified.
Speaker 3: I love that. I love that to keep his legacy alive, right.
Speaker 2: I do too. And you know what is that saying that we hear about with the military, that they never leave a soldier behind. I actually liked that the military kept on it as well. You know, I think that's I think that's pretty great. And I like to give families closure, So I think that's terrific.
Speaker 1: To the military called me because guess what, I don't meet the age requirement. I got breast. Oh, I ain't going I just I'm just going to sign up and say here I coming. I'm like, we don't want something like see but I did try to go unlike that last administration. He had bone spurts, but I did.
Speaker 2: Try to go boobs and all please bones first, there you go.
Speaker 3: Whoo.
Speaker 2: Did you see that Taylor Swift was named Times Person of the Year. I don't know what actually makes the qualifications. I'll have to go and read it, but I thought that was pretty good. I don't know if it's for her good works with her people or or what it is, or the fact that she's got people out voting, you know, young people out voting.
Speaker 3: But a combination.
Speaker 1: I think it's the combination of things, Bobby, because you know, I've been reading some of the blogs and people was like, well, why wasn't it this person, Why wasn't it that person? I think that the the siding factor for me to say that if I'm gonna go over female entertainments, because I'm like you, I don't know the voting process. I think the fact that when Taylor Swift bonused all of her drivers that was taking her equipment from state to state, from city to city, from town to town, she bonused them each one hundred thousand dollars apiece.
Speaker 3: I think that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Because we still We're still in a very much living in a bad economy. Money is tight for so many different people, and for her to do something like that, it showed gratitude, It showed appreciation. It showed that you matter and you care, and I see you, and I'm telling you a lot of people just want to be seen and appreciated, myself included. So thank you, Taylor Swift, and congratulations. I'm not gonna say that I am a swiftye, but I do love shake it off. I've loved shake it off every since the Well sing when the little peek was shaking it off?
Speaker 2: Baby, Yeah, did you see that? That poor Well? I guess I don't know why he did it. I mean, it seems stupid.
Speaker 3: Rep.
Speaker 2: Jamal Bowman. Remember when they were going to have the big vote and he pulled the fire alarm. They actually are censuring him, which is like a slap on the hand, But the fact that they actually are, they find him, he took it, he took the fine. I think they put him on some sort of misdemeanor or something and it goes away after six months. But not only are they doing that, they actually are censuring. So hopefully that's the end of it. Please don't pull a fire alarm unless it's something important. You don't pull it when you don't know the right door to go in.
Speaker 1: People, he pulled the fire alarm for distraction, to hold it up. But isn't that what this whole country doing? And they pulled the silent fire alarms because of all the distractions.
Speaker 2: Well something, but speaking about distractions, and I'm gonna you followed this closer than I did, although I did watch some of the snippets, but I did not watch the debate. What about the rohnd de Santis and Gavim k newso debate?
Speaker 3: I thought I didn't love my government before.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he was hot, wasn't he didn't he? What was his big line? You were? You were telling us during coffee time?
Speaker 3: His big line? So Ron de Santers was pointing out.
Speaker 1: That uh I stayed of California.
Speaker 3: It says pooh pooh, pooh, pooh poop when.
Speaker 1: I tell you that, Gavin News Governor Gavin News and said, you know what, I'm going to agree with you on some things. I'm gonna agree with you on all the lease. Both of us will he said, both of us. He broke us, broke it down. He said, both of us will never see eye on some things and woo woo. And his last thing, he says, oh, and the one thing that we do have in common is that neither one of us will get the Democratic nominator will get the nomination for president.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I thought it was priceless. And now, mind you, I.
Speaker 1: Might those at home who don't follow the reason he said that because he's not running for president, only the Santa Seid. So he was letting him know, not only will I not get it, and I'm not in the running, you are in the running, and don't worry about the pimp. But oh my god, I thought it was great.
Speaker 2: That's hysterical.
Speaker 3: Governors Mansion and Panies on the broad said Gavin.
Speaker 2: That that is absolutely hysterical. I love it. I know sometimes some of the stuff that's been coming out has been has been entertaining, and I thought that was great. For some reason. I don't know how I missed it, but I just I didn't turn the TV. It was like after it by the time that that he realized it had gone on. So I had to like just look at the clickbait, and I thought it was I thought it was terrific. I thought they I mean, DeSantis had a few points, so that was good, so we didn't look like a total jackass. But I thought that Newsom clearly won that debate for sure.
Speaker 1: I'm still unsure of why Newsom and the Santas were debating, since Newsom.
Speaker 2: Is not right, I don't. I don't either. I think in a way that he was almost holding a placeholder for for Biden, because he certainly was, you know, touting all those accomplishments. From what I saw of the debate, I don't know how that. I think it's because Newsom challenged them and so that I didn't think he'd have the nerve to, you know, the balls to pick up the challenge. But he did. So he did, and he did okay, but he clearly did not win. Newsom was on it, and I think Newsome is, you know, you're gonna put your big girl panties on flame. But I think he's probably gonna run in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 3: If I had to guess, I'll take twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: I wish it was this year that he was prepared for, because then we wouldn't be having all this foolishness with them trying to discribe Biden.
Speaker 3: But you know, I'm not Biden. Biden is not.
Speaker 1: First of all, none of the candidates shaking it up for me, none of them. We still have to vote. It's still my legal obligation, my responsibility as an American to make sure that I cast to vote for somebody that I see. Right now, all I can see is Biden because everybody else is not give me anything that I need. Biden is not my perfect candidate either, but if he is the closest thing that I could get to what I want, then I'm going to vote for him.
Speaker 3: And that is exactly what I'm going to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I me as well. And I you know, I got to be honest. I mean, he said it here when he was here in Boston. We talked about the last time. I don't think he wants to be running and do the work. These are endless days, these are these are twenty hour days on some days, you know, and for anybody, even a young man in his forties, to do it, look at look at the age, uh, aging that happens with President Obama. He went in looking like a kid, and he came out he was snow white. You know ages you, it's exhausting.
Speaker 1: It's that is one of the criterias becoming the president. That's one of you go in and you the only person that did not come out looking aged. Yeah, was the jacket was a was agent orange. He just stayed orange.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's your exactly. He came with legs.
Speaker 2: That's because he had unlimited He had unlimited Big Max on our dime, So why not. But yeah, no, I will say President Biden is a man of service as well as his wife. So he is stepping up to the challenge because there's nobody that, nobody else that's willing to and he he does go. I think I think President Obama and President Biden rock Trump's world, so he's probably the best one to kind of rattle his cage if there is any rattling that can be done. Uh and uh sag after after uh. They actually ratified a three year contract, so that sounds like and with seventy eight percent of the people in in favor of it, sounds like that's a done deal. So hopefully that things will open up for you and your entertainment pals.
Speaker 3: Over you know, they don't really call me, So we'll see how that goes I know.
Speaker 2: But you never know. Twenty twenty four is coming.
Speaker 3: For twenty twenty four is definitely coming.
Speaker 1: And on that note, with twenty twenty four coming, because we're doing a short episode today because guess what, net, Christmas is very close upon us, y'all, So get your gifts, get your Santa Claus, get your Christmas tree, get your egg now, get your gift cards, get your order from Amazon, and if you like to old me, get you a good girdle and a big skirt. You're too funny, laugh alert. We appreciate you. I am Flaming Roe and that is my co host, the gorgeous Bobby Clipper. Well, you can follow Bobby. Where can we follow you?
Speaker 3: At Bobby?
Speaker 2: I am on Instagram on Clifford Bobby. I don't know who the original Bobby Clifford is. It kind of insenses me. And on Facebook at Bobby Clifford, and I.
Speaker 1: Am on all social media platforms as Slay Monroe on instag around my backwards, I'm Monroe Flames. It's like Barbie Clifford were backwards. That's why we get along. But we appreciate you. We have Please download us on iHeart under the Black Effect Network or Apple, Spotify, Amazon or wherever you listen to your podcast. We are three years in on That and Learn and we're hoping to get a fourth year. This is Flaming Road. That is byby Clifford with with our co hosts mister Aaron Howard. We appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: I'm having trouble hearing you, so I'm gonna change keep getting so I'm gonna change.
Speaker 1: My podcast network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tippany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Christy Payne.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys. This is Flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and Learn.