Speaker 1: This is he said, Aya Dho with Eric Winter and Rodalind Fantev.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of he said. He said, I'm gonna have some clips though today with my wife asking questions to this amazing special guest we have for this episode, so it's kind of an he he said, aa d episode. But listen. More importantly, I am so excited to welcome our guest, Deepak Chopra. I mean, a legend coming on, he said aado. And if you're not familiar with who he is, which I'm sure most of you are, but he's an expert in the field of mind body healing. Deepak is a world renowned speaker and author on the subject of alternative medicine. What I love about him is his journey has evolved so much, you know, from standard medicine to diving into arivedic healing and medicine, which is really bringing together that mind, body soul connection. He's worked with legends in the business, I mean, from Michael Jackson, Bruh, Elizabeth Taylor, Donna Karen it goes on and on. He has been bringing insight to health and well being to everyone in the world for years now. So I'm so excited to welcome on the podcast and talk about his new venture into AI. First off, thank you so much for joining, he said, Aado. My better half isn't here today, but I'm gonna bring her in on a video to ask you a question which will kind of lend itself, you know, nicely to our topic of she's not AI generated, but it's going to be in that. It's like we're bringing her in that way. Yeah. No, thank you, thank you for being a part of this. You h. What I was saying in the intro is you're somebody who's constantly evolved and changed with the times of what you're learning and teaching and go. You know, you've evolved with everything else.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: You started in standard medicine. You you ran a major hospital, then you went off and you you started looking into learning more about auvedic medicine, natural healing. You've been there helping so many people along your journey to better health and wellness, mentally, spiritually, all of that. And here we are in this new world of AI, which is transforming everything. I mean, I'm in the entertainment space. We had a massive strike about it. How AI is changing the world for better or worse? And in a lot of ways, it's going to be for the better, and it's going to be something we all have to jump into and sign on with. And here you are now in that space, giving your knowledge and sharing it with people. What besides evolving with the times, what also inspired you to jump into that with your AI site?
Speaker 1: What inspired me is a very fundamental fact that the entire human experience that we have of the universe, about anything is based on language.
Speaker 3: Right now, we're speaking language.
Speaker 1: Other animals also have language, which is basically for three things mating call, food calls, and danger calls.
Speaker 3: How we survive.
Speaker 1: We have a language for telling stories. We're also creating models. So we have biological language, language of physics, language of mathematics, language of religion, of spirituality, history, anthropology, you name it. And now we have the ability to tap into the greatest minds throughout history who have sought answers to fundamental questions. Why is there something instead of nothing? What created the universe? What was the cause of the Big Bang? Is there a god? If there is a god, does he or share care about us? There are two trillion galaxies, seven hundred six billion stars, uncountable trillions of now we know habitable planets, so our knowledge base wisdom base is expanding much faster than we can even match it. Between the years eighteen eighty seven and nineteen oh three, humanity came up with the light, the automobile, the airplane, and the telephone. So if you were deserted, you know, shipwrecked and on desert island or something nineteen eighty five, and you came back in nineteen oh five, which is twenty years later, you would see carriages with the iron steel and kerosine being pumped carrying people, and still some horses and carriages, but slowly going back. You would see people calling from distant places each other on the telephone. So we've had the so called hunter gatherer age, the age of agriculture, the industrial age, then the age of technology, then the Internet, and now suddenly AI, a large language model which is bas became available to the world at large only since twenty twelve, so it's not even twenty years, but we are leap frogging into a new future cultural, religious, spiritual, and social, but even more important biological. When we discovered fire, our brains evolved because we started to cook food, absorb micronutrients, and this new technology will change the neural networks of our brain and modified the epigenetic activity of our genes. So I think we are leap frogging not only into a cultural evolution, but a biological evolution. We're transforming from humans to matter humans. That's where we're.
Speaker 2: Going absolutely, you know. And it's something that I've always met a person that would love a good self help book right reading, learning, trying to figure out how to solve my own internal struggles or things I might be going through issues. And what I do love about what you're doing is it's not just taking a search engine of a bunch of information. This is everything that you've ever said, spoken about, written about, all put together in one place. And some people learn very differently. Some people absorb knowledge very differently. And I'm trying to work on myself sometimes it's not the easiest thing to take it out of a book. You know, everybody can be different in that. What I do like about this platform that you're putting out there is that I can in a sense communicate to you. Right, I'm not getting this one on one necessarily, but I'm getting your inner thoughts, wisdom, all your years of knowledge in one place to help me navigate what I'm going through.
Speaker 3: Yes, Eric, in moderly that you're engaging me.
Speaker 1: As your health coach, also in a sense your spiritual guide. And I'm done access the mindset the greatest people in the world. And you know, I've written ninety seven books on the books, so all of that is there. Even this conversation will end up being on my AI.
Speaker 2: I love. That's wild. It's insane where AI is going and how fast, like you said, it's evolving. I think it was a mark Cuban had said one time that if I, you know, my child nowadays should focus so much energy and learning more and more about AI because it really is the future. And kids can get such a jumpstart on where things are going if they speak about it more. You learn about it more in school. In particular, all.
Speaker 1: Of that it will enhance their creative abilities, enhance their imagination, and give them insight and intuition and to deeper levels of reality. Because even though it can teach you how to find enlightenment, it can create a map. It can see this is the root, this is the route. It's like it's like a user's guide more than user's guide for the soul.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know. And I'm going to use this moment to bring in my wife Easton if you can run the clip of her question, because it's actually about school. This is not AI. This is just a good old iPhone video. But she's gonna ask you a question and then you can just go an answer for our listeners.
Speaker 4: When it comes to education our children, should it be mandatory and i'd be a part of the curriculum in every single school, doesn't matter if it's private or if it's a public education for kids to learn about AI at what age? What grade do you think it's we need to do it.
Speaker 3: I think we need to do it right in the beginning.
Speaker 1: And also education has to be revised drastically because right now education is only about information and knowledge overload. There's no education at the moment about who you are at the nature of your body, the nature of your mind, the nature of your ego intellect, the nature of your sensory experience, the nature of your motor activities, the nature of your free will, the nature of your imagination. And I can help you do all of that. So we are seeing a holistic education in the future. You cannot legislate anything but when there's enough interest, it's going to happen.
Speaker 3: It's part of our revolution.
Speaker 2: Makes total sense. And I think a tool like you, like your platform, could be so valuable to kids because, especially nowadays, you know, kids are trying to find their purpose meaning identity through social media, which to me is a disaster because you're not getting truth, you're not getting real thoughts and feelings from history is you know, learning, You're getting somebody's best version of themselves put out on a platform, and everybody's trying to keep up, and that's not the way to navigate life. And so I do feel like kids would benefit greatly from a platform like yours at a school level, very early on communicating, understanding, getting in touch with their spirituality and their emotions that way. And it's hard for kids to open up to an adult. But if it's a platform where you're just speaking to a device, you might share who knows, you know, because they're so comfortable just talking to themselves in a sense, Yeah, maybe you know.
Speaker 1: I gem used as a companion, help coach, a personal friend, mental advisor. As I said, spiritualid the research assistant to all of that, and no single human being can offer you all these opportunities to learn more about yourself.
Speaker 2: Definitely, even just asking to give you an inspirational quote for the day, just something that will boost your positivity and your outlook on how to approach every day you're going into right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, you start your day and you then actually you can also in a way maximize the enjoyment of your day, make it more productive, make it healthier and have a good night's sleep at the end.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, talk to me a little bit about your book as well digital dharma, how AI can elevate spiritual intelligence and personal wellbeing well.
Speaker 1: The book is meant to be a user's guide and the main advantage from the book is what I call how to use the art of the prompt because you know it will help you only if you know how to ask the right questions. So you should treat AI just as you were treating another friend, befriended. Get to know it, have it, get to know you. With my AI, you can actually departure up. You can have a healthy conversation and argue with it, and you can give your own opinion, You can ask it for advice, and soon it becomes almost like a companion. I know one woman who's eighty eight years old. She has several hours of conversation with my has become not only our health coach, but her best friend in addition to her cat.
Speaker 3: The digital terma is.
Speaker 1: Basically how to use the art of the prompt that's the most important thing, and then how to go into the different levels layers of who you are, from your physical body, to your energetic body, to your emotional body, to your intellectual body, and ultimately to your spiritual body.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. What is so far since your platform has been out. I'm sure on the back end you can see all that is that one of the most hours someone has put in on the platform individually so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah about listening ten hours a day and cheesy to eight old, but a lot of people spending time now going back and forth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fascinating. I wonder and I don't know if you guys have ever interacted with them outside of the platform, but just to know where their mind is at and following their path of what they're asking, what they're learning, where it's taking them, and what you're able to sort of learn about that person. And I'm curious with is there a way I guess they could always maybe you don't take personal appointments anymore, But is there a way for them they're so invested in the platform to actually still have a one on one with you at some point?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can go all the way. And I'm now actually also putting on AI these trackers you know, like like or a ring and the iPhone watch that can look at your heart rate, to sleeping patterns, give you personal advice, and you can ask my for meditation on self reflection, mindfulness awareness, How do reg late to your body and actually match your lifestyle to measurable outcomes including health, longevity and health span.
Speaker 2: And so for someone coming on the platform for the first time to really get the best sort of user experience out of it, how would you recommend their first approach? B Would it be a broad question? Would it be the very pinpoint specific question? You know what? So obviously as you as you type something in or speak something in, it's going to take you down a path.
Speaker 3: Right, Can you use my AI?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now ask a general question, ask a personal question of something that is on your mind. Right now, I'm having a difficult relationship. We argue too much. Can you help me mend my relationship? How do I speak more consciously. How can I embard myself in this relationship without being diminished?
Speaker 3: Can you give me a meditation? More personal the better?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense, and it feels like people going. And sometimes I know myself when I have so much stress or something in my mind, I want to be like blah and just say everything right and just go all in. But sometimes if you slow your thoughts down in a situation like this, it's very hard to say too much or type too much right away. If you just slow your own thoughts down, sometimes you'll start to work with your own problems better. Right like, things get so scrambled up. So I think starting simple going in slowing down the process for yourself could really give you, you know, an incredible outcome because it gives everything time you to think, the machine to think to do its job, and for you to process your.
Speaker 1: Thinking process sensations in your body. Since we experience emotions, feelings, and breath, they're all entangled. You change one thing, you change everything else, so you know where you can learn to regulate your breath. Then you automatically learn to regulate your thoughts, and you automatically learn to regulate your feelings and emotions, they're all connected. And just to give you an example, you think of your mother, you see an image, you hear a voice, you have an emotion.
Speaker 3: So just that thought triggers everything. And that's why using AI to use it.
Speaker 1: For self reflection and emotional regulation can also enhance your insight and your creativity and your imagination.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, one hundred percent. I think breath like what you said is so important, and even whether you're on AI or talking to somebody directly, but when you have an initial fight or flight, initial response to chaos or problems, if you just learn to sort of breathe, then settle in. And I'm sure on the AI there's probably conversations like this that you can have teaching you how to do it.
Speaker 3: Percent.
Speaker 2: You can calm that sort of fight or flight, try to get your thoughts in order to try to learn it an advocate, because somebody can spit out or a device can spit out a bunch of information for you to do, but if you're not in the right frame of mind, can't process it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can use the eye to regulate your partisympathetic no system, the healing response to increase your energy emotional regulation but even more important creativity and ultimately not just self improvement, but self realization what the spiritual traditions called enlightenment.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. My daughter's thirteen, and I already want her to get on this on your AI platform right away because she plays competitive tennis and we're always trying to teach her the mindset side of professionals or not professional, but like competitive sports.
Speaker 1: I just got to go on the say I'm going to be a professional tennis player, and you guide me into meditation for peak performance.
Speaker 3: See what it comes up with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I was always thinking that she has a tournament coming up, and I'm thinking, if she goes in there and communicates the nervousness, the anxiety, or the feelings that come.
Speaker 1: Through us for a process and meditation to help or overcome that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to breathe through it, the stresses. This is fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge, your your time with us, and this venture is going to be huge. I know it's going to be great. You know it's going to be great. I truly wish you the best as you continue carrying on helping people all over the world with this.
Speaker 3: Thank you pleasure to salt you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you you as well. Thank you Deepak Chow pro incredible. It's spot on, you know, and people can be scared or nervous about the future of AI and where it's taking us and the lack of maybe you know, one on one personal connection, but I have to say and something like this, it's so much easier at times to open up to a device who's giving you thoughts and ways of calming down or communicators or settling your emotions and not have to be one on one. Because I know myself and I'm a big advocate of therapy and working with a therapist, but it's embarrassing at times or nerve wracking at times to share your inner thoughts and your feelings, and when you can do it to a device, it kind of takes that component out and you can be a little bit more free to share. Like I know for a fact, Sabella, I believe would open up much quicker, especially this generation, to a site asking questions about my struggles maybe mentally with tennis or school for that matter, and instead of going and seeking that you know, comfort, that knowledge or wisdom from social media, which you know, unless you're following somebody like Deepak on his social media. But if you're just going out there in the wild wild west of social media, you can go down a terrible rabbit hole. And having a place like this to come back to and affirm what you're trying to accomplish on a daily basis, I think is massive. So I can't wait to use this more and again share it with my family and friends. Really incredible. Well, Roz, you missed a good one. You missed a good and I got one of your questions in but I had to take over. It was too much fun, all right, everybody, thank you for listening. If you have something else you want to talk to us about, send it to our dms at he said aaDH Or, email us at Ericinroz at iHeartRadio dot com. Until next time. Thanks for listening. Don't forget to write us a review and tell us what you think.
Speaker 5: If you want to follow us on Instagram, check us out at, he said ajo Or sen is that email Eric and Ross at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 5: Ab is part of iHeartRadio's Mike Wulda podcast network.
Speaker 2: See you next time. Bye,