Speaker 1: All right. The guys who won't practice today, Eric Armstead foot knee, Juwan Jennings concussion, Aaron Banks tow, Jaylen Moore concussion, and then one of you guys didn't get from yesterday. I believe Jay R. Brown has knee spring he won't practice today, and Deebo has a neck which will be limited. The other guys who are limited Javon Javon Hargrave hamstring, Orrin Burke's knee, Ambry Thomas knee hand, Trent Williams growing, and Debot neck.
Speaker 2: All right, so clarified, Deebo's won't practice, he's limited.
Speaker 1: Sorry if I said that confusingly. Trent his listed his limited encouraging sign for his availability percent. I hope so he will.
Speaker 3: He won't take today off.
Speaker 1: I mean we're gonna walk through. We're just gonna go out there and walk through some stuff. So, I mean most of people can do that.
Speaker 3: With your is their concern that it's long term?
Speaker 1: There's concern. I mean we're not ruling them out this week, but there's concern. So I can't go today.
Speaker 3: What about impactless Chase Young had.
Speaker 1: On your defense, I think he's had a great impact thing. He's played the run well. I think he's played the pass well. It's helped with their rotations, just keeping everyone out there effective and fresher. And I'm real happy to have.
Speaker 2: Them, Kyle's specially with Joseph Day practice today. And do you feel fortunate to get a player of that caliber week seventeen?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We do. I mean, especially some of the injuries we've had, you know, you know, waiting on arms Stead to hopefully be able to come back. You know, we've been banged up there and he's caused us a lot of problems over the years playing against them. So it's nice to give in our building now, and especially at a time where we need some depth and how we need some players.
Speaker 4: Have two real big regular season games coming up that will determine seating, and you have the playoffs coming up after that. It's high stakes football.
Speaker 3: Do you find this time and gear of fun?
Speaker 1: I find it about the same as everything else. It's it's all fun. But I mean, do you enjoyed it in the moment? You're just you're grinding, you're working, You're so locked in it's you. I think you enjoy the process. You enjoy competing, and you enjoy accomplishing, accomplishing things together. So it's fun to go through all this stuff. We all enjoy what we do, but there's nothing easy about it. So it's I think that's what when you get to the off season, people are ready for it. But I think that's why after a little time off, everyone's got that itch to come back, because it's this is the part of the sport. I think that we're all addicted to just that collective grind of working together to accomplish someone bigger than yourself.
Speaker 4: I suppose with Brock they're going to always say, you know, little moments where you have to move beyond what happened in the past. But but for a guy was still a relatively short sample size to have what would arguably be his worst game, where is he mentally? What does he have to do looking forward?
Speaker 1: He just got to move forward and treat it as a game. I mean, we review the game. He does it on his own before I see him. I got it some time to watch it with him yesterday. I know it's always tough when you have four picks no touchdowns, especially when you have four of them by two minutes another third quarter, but you also look into all of them, you talk to them about why they happened, what happened, and when you look in that game, it's it's not a hard thing to him to bounce back from and get to work this week. There's a couple bad plays, the first one in particular, but when you get a look at the tape, there's nothing that It's very similar to coaching the what we do every.
Speaker 4: Week, Kyle.
Speaker 2: The Ravens had struggled against two backs defending the run. Did McDonald give you guys different fronts or different looks that you didn't anticipate, or in hindsight after watching film, do you wish that you had run it with two backs at them a little bit more in that first half.
Speaker 1: No, it's that's just how it goes. It's never that you plan on not doing something. It's first two plays of the game where it passed. The second two game play. Actually, the next three plays are going to be a run if people buy our openers. But the first two plays only got his three yards, So then it's third and seven. I think we got a fifty four yarder that got us to the twenty eight yard line. We had a top call in the twenty eight yard line. That's a different area from our openers. So we went right to that, got another I think thirteen yarder, and we had a top call in the fifteen yard line that's different than our opener. So you end up opening the game up with five straight passes. Then I think we went to three straight runs after that. Then we had a couple turnovers, you know, So it just plays out that way. There's no we decided to go less, two back or one back. It's what happens when you don't go on drives.
Speaker 3: As a season goes on, I think everybody looks to me outside and sees how much Christian's been playing, and I think, well, maybe they might have to back off a little bit. You never have and with seventy snaps either, and he looks as good as he did several weeks ago. Are you surprised? Impressed? Was in your observation on his durability and how hard he's been able to play for this long?
Speaker 1: Definitely, I've been impressed since he's gone here. I mean, the way the guy is insane and how hard he prepares, not just in the season, but I saw him like a week after the season last year, and he had a drink with me, and he had actually a second one. He's like, well, they got like four more days left, so I'm gonna have a couple for the next four days. And I'm like, did we just finish like five days ago? And he gives himself like twelve days off and he's like, right back to preparing in every aspect he goes through. And he also made it very clear to me when he got here his injuries aren't because of wear and tear. They're because they're freak things that happen. And I'm not saying that for us, but that's that's how he is, and he strongly believes that he strongly prepares that way, and he's proven himself right and everything I've dealt with him on.
Speaker 4: How scary is a team like Washington that has absolutely nothing to lose when you guys play them?
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, I think all teams are scary, but especially in that situation. I mean, when people have nothing to lose, there's everyone first of all, always has things to lose. Because usually when people say there's nothing to lose, that's there's a lot of guys playing for their jobs too. And those guys know that and even veterans who don't think that they are, they usually find out the end of the season that they were. So you always got guys who are playing hard. And I know they're playing a quarterback who's won a lot of games in this league. I know they got some players on their defense, so they have just so good a chance to win every week as any other team.
Speaker 4: Rock learned from a performance like the wind a characteristic one.
Speaker 1: I thought the biggest thing for Brock was the way of winning the first half. I thought, you know, just between Brock and I just talking, where I thought he struggled the most was after the four picks. You know, I thought his first pick was a bad mistake. I thought the next three were unfortunate ones that you don't make excuses for. There's just tough football plays, and they made some good football plays, but it's it's tough to play with a lot of football after you have four picks and stuff, especially when you're down versus that type of defense. And I think that was the best experience for him, how to feel that, to know what's happened, to know why it's happened, and still have to go out there and singing around play and I think that's the best experience you can get from that game with Banks.
Speaker 4: When you hurt a few weeks, you're expecting something similar this week.
Speaker 3: Or this time.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping not. What did I say was not practicing, But he's not ruled out this week, so hopefully we'll be limited the next day, which basically I'm saying it's not quite as bad as last time, but last time was pretty bad, so we got to see how how it goes in these next couple of days.
Speaker 4: What are your options at safety?
Speaker 1: Well, we got someone on practice squad. We've moved other positions there at nickel and corner to have some depth there, so we got some options. But Oliver's possibility. Anybody who says they're a corner or safety is a possibility. And if those guys go down, then I would say a linebacker's a possibility. It was good Lynch will be after that, all right, Thanks guys,