Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with all States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Did you see what Lil Wayne did? This? Really? Yeah?
Speaker 3: The tweet? Yeah, not great. I thought it was a type of what do you mean he thought it was?
Speaker 2: He definitely meant it.
Speaker 3: Like you know how they say, like mission as a go. Yeah, but he doesn't like hold on, Luca's a go.
Speaker 2: All right. Here's how we know this wasn't a type. I sent it to him. It is from low Wayne cep got the tricks because he's a pimp. Lucas the welcome in episode seventeen. But what's right with the great podcast and YouTube show A ton to do today? Also, by the way, like rate subscriber review and check out how we're continuing countdown of the fifty greatest players of the last fifty years in NBA history. A new one is released every Sunday. We are approaching the top twenty five players of last fifty years in NBA history, and man, these rankings get tougher and tougher, so check those out. But before we get to what we will be talking about after an absolutely glorious weekend of NBA Playoffs, let's discuss what we won't be talking about. What is not on the show today is rich Strike winning the Kentucky Derby and eighty to one shot blew up all my trifectas and superfectas and exact is how the hell does it get horse that was not even in the race Friday morning when the Kentucky Derby. So I guess we are talking about Missy Elliott retweeted us multiple times. Shout out to Missy Elliott, shout out to Lil Wayne, and well hold on, put me on the camera. Please, What do you mean we're not talking about Jokic winning the MVP hours ago? It was you guys are seeing this Tuesday morning. We are recording this Monday afternoon hours ago, Adrian Wadrinarowski release that he has been told Nikoli Jokich is gonna win the MVP. Now, we all knew this was going to happen, but there was still I was still holding out slight hope that maybe it wouldn't.
Speaker 3: But it has.
Speaker 2: So they say, we're not talking about it. We are going to talk about it for just a moment. I know you're sick of the Joki stuff, demons, I don't care. Here's the deal, guys, it is just impossible to me to believe that people could be watching these playoffs and watch what Yiannis is doing, Watch what the Sixers looked like the two games without Embiid and the two games with Embiid and this series, watch what Luka is doing on a nightly basis, and still be like, Yeah, Nikola Jokic, he's the best player in basketball. So I would have less of an issue with Jokic winning the MVP if the folks who voted for him overwhelmingly. We're gonna see when the votes come out that it was overwhelming, if they had some shame, if they had some humility, But they won't. So instead, here's what I request triple down on it. Guys, He's gonna put up these same numbers next year. Let's go three in a row. I am now rooting for Nikola Jokic to win MVP again because folks tell me it's a regular season award. Playoff success doesn't matter at all, all time historical standing doesn't matter at all, and what happened the year before shouldn't matter at all. So if Jokic has unbelievable BPM plus and VORP and PR next year, let's just give it to him again because by the way, he will. And last little point, those precious advanced analytics that folks act like are infallible.
Speaker 3: You do realize that.
Speaker 2: A big part of his case was defensively, he was better than Embiid this year. He was better than Giannis this year. You watching these playoffs, is that you still think that or you think maybe it's a little embarrassing for the league. Then for the second straight year they're gonna have to award the MVP via Skype. I think it is all right, Demanse got that out of the way. What are we starting with? Because I have a feeling it is something I'm much more excited to talk about than Nikolea Joki's winning another silly MVP.
Speaker 4: He sounded pretty excited to talk about him that or winning the Okay, fair enough, but we all know you started your celebration with Luca and the MAVs. Oh they took game four to tie this series. Yeah, what's going on here? Are the Suns just overrated? Is Luca unstoppable? Or is this just another CP three playoff curse?
Speaker 2: All right, a little bit of everything. I want to start with Chris Paul.
Speaker 3: Now, all right, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna explain something to you because I think it's fair to say you know nothing about tennis, right, about the rules of tennis.
Speaker 3: So the numbers, they go about fifteen and thirties at.
Speaker 2: Fifteen thirty, okay, you know that, but they in general, you don't know a lot about tennis. So here's so in men's tennis, it does. It goes fifteen thirty forty game. So you need to win four points to win a game, okay, And you need to win six games to win a set, and you need to win three sets to win a match. It's best three out of five sets. Okay, this this, this will make sense in just a moment and in fact, you know what, I'm so confident this will make sense for our social team. Put this out there, starting right about now. Where Chris Paul is in his career is like an aging great tennis player who will go into a match and say, I can't be excellent every set, and in fact, I'm going to need to take a game or multiple games or a set off just forfeiting, essentially not try to fight and claw. So I lose the set six to four. But if I know I can't win the set, lose it six love, save my energy so I can win the next one because I only need to win three out of five. That's where Chris Paul is right now in these series. Watch him in the Pelican series unbelievable nineteen points in the fourth quarter, thirty points in the game, zero turnovers than a four point game, whereas in the Sun series unbelievable tortures Luke in the fourth quarter of Game two, seven turnovers, awful in game three, fouls, fouls out of game four. So Chris Paul can't be great every night at this point, just turn thirty seven. The question is can he be great four out of seven times?
Speaker 3: Thus far?
Speaker 2: As in this series he's been great two out of seven. I think he has determined that if he tries to be above average to very good every single night, he won't have any great performances. So I think he is sacrificing. He's just taking the out on certain management within the game. Exactly right. So he's thirty seven. He's been excellent or awful in almost every playoff game this year. I think he's like an aging tennis player. I think it makes sense the Sun's being overrated. I don't know that they're overrated. I do know what they did the first two games was not sustainable. They were shooting like sixty five percent on long tubes. And the reason the Sun should be nervous is this, it's two to two in the series. They are as a team, as a team shooting fifty forty ninety. For this series, you shoot, they're fifty one percent from the field, forty three percent from three and ninety percent from the line. You go fifty forty ninety. As a team that's going to regress a bit, that's going to water's going to find its level that you need to be up three to one, they're not. I love where the MAVs are at and of course Luca is one of the greatest players ever. He's flatly simply one of the greatest players ever. Eventually everyone will recognize it. All right, what's next?
Speaker 4: Okay Taving for Game four of Warriors Grizzlies. Yep, John I missed the next game due to injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said on Twitter that Pool broke the code.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it didn't seem like Jordan Poole that hurting it was intentional.
Speaker 3: Did do you think he did anything wrong here?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think Jordan Poole did anything wrong. And I actually don't even think John Morant was that angry at Jordan Poole. I think John Morant was angry at Steve Kerr for what he said about Dylan Brooks. I think Steve Kerr up to the ante on all of this by saying Dylan Brooks broke the code, By essentially saying Dylan Brooks intentionally hurt. Gary Payton Jr. Went in it was a dangerous play, it was a reckless play. It was not an intentionally dirty play. That's utter nonsense. And so now I watched the replay a thousand times, I'm not even certain that's where Jah hurt his knee. And again, there's a chance Jah is gonna play Game four. You guys are gonna hear and see this after Game four as we are recording, it looks like he's not gonna play. I'm not even sure that's where he hurt his knee, first of all. Second of all, I absolutely don't think that was intentional, nor do I think it was dirty.
Speaker 4: And when you put things in slow mo like that, it can make things look a certain.
Speaker 2: One absolutely right, right the idea that Jordan poole. And by the way, even if he was grabbing at his leg on purpose, I don't think it would be to hurt the guy. I think it would be to regain his balance, try to not jaw a balance that's not dirty. You want to see dirty in these playoffs, watch Jay Crowder on a nightly basis, like what Jay's doing. And so, but I think that we're in a weird spot where you know, hard fouls are now flagrant ones, flagrant ones are now flagrant twos. Flagrant twos now get you suspended, And so I don't think anything that happened with Jordan Pool's bad. By the way, I try to not cross pollinate the podcast and the TV show. But I had such a great take from the TV show I want to debut it with you right here.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's start.
Speaker 2: So Dylan Brooks got suspended, right, but he kind of got suspended for two games because he committed that foul and Gary Payton Junior less than three minutes into game one, so he got or game two, he got kicked out of that game and then suspended. Here is what I propose, and there is context and present for this. In college football, if you get a targeting penalty like helmet to helmet intentional, you get kicked out of the game. If you get that targeting penalty in the second half, you get kicked out of that game and you miss the first half of the next game. So I propose that the NBA create and it can only be applied after the game, a flagrant three, and it is instead of a suspension, it is a forty eight minute penalty. So if you get because if Dylan Brooks had committed that exact same Llungary Payton Junior with two minutes left in game three or game two, pardon me, he would have missed those two minutes and then the next game instead, he committed it two minutes in the game two he misses all. So here's how a flagrant three would work. If you commit a flagrant two that is harsh enough to be suspended, but not harsh enough to where you're like, you know, kicked out of the league for ten games something ridiculous. You are out for forty eight minutes. So if you committed it with six minutes left in the second quarter, you are kicked out, and you can come back the following game with six minutes left in the second quarter, you are suspended, so enough time to where it is. So for Dylan Brooks, he would have been eligible to come back in with two minutes and fifty two seconds into the first quarter of the next game because that's when he committed the penalty. It's like a hockey penalty box type of things called a flagrant three. It wouldn't be called in the game. It could just be applied after the game. It because he deserved a harsher punishment than Drama Aymon got a flagrant two, got kicked out, but he did not deserve essentially a two game ban, flagrant three forty eight minute penalty. Send it in Adam.
Speaker 4: Solber One don't think he deserved to be suspended for any time?
Speaker 2: Well, I would have agreed with you if not. Two things change that, and then we move.
Speaker 3: On to one he didn't pick him up or like.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not worried about that. One is the guy got hurt, right, and that I think maybe should matter. And the other is they set the precedent on flagrant to no suspension was Draymond's and you can't say what Dylan Brooks and Draymond did are the same severity. So once they overreacted to Draymond's thing, they you know what I mean, you almost have to al right, what's.
Speaker 3: That makes sense? The big story of the playoffs so far as officiated, it's been terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chris Faull found out in twenty three minutes against Dallas on Sunday he can't win a game officiated by Scott Foster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: The Celtics lost due to a crazy no call. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they lost because Tatum was terrible. No, they lost because Tatum was terrible. And if they you think Marcus Smart's gonna make all three free throws.
Speaker 3: I mean they lost what was it two points?
Speaker 2: They lost? My two. Do you think Marcus Smart's going to make all three free throws?
Speaker 3: Because I don't he'll make two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they were down three. He's shooting the three. He needs to make all three, all right.
Speaker 3: But go ahead.
Speaker 4: But yeah, and there were two huge Jackson's already in the Memphis Warriors series. After all these great playoff games, how is the conversation about officiating?
Speaker 2: The NBA has got an officiating problem. Yeah, And I think it was Miles Brown who suggested this on Twitter, and I tend to agree with him. They need to recalibrate and air on letting the games get way more physical, meaning call it looser than tighter. That way, stars aren't in foul trouble. The players can figure out kind of how the game is being allowed to be called and then move on from there. With that said, for the Celtics game, the Marcus Smart thing was close, But they're really mad that Yannis keeps bullying them. But Yannis either gets fout or commits a foul every play. We've seen it with Shaq, we've seen it with Lebron. Part of being the biggest, strongest guy on the court and sports is supposed to be an advantage.
Speaker 3: The go ahead fouls are one thing. Goaltending is another.
Speaker 2: They missed a goaltending call, that's fair. They were also down by thirteen in the fourth quarter, and Jason Tatum try not to be terrible again the Chris Paul thing, And we're gonna go a little overtime because we have to talk Giannis, but not way overtime. Chris Paul. I have no sympathy for him in this spot. First of all, let's just go through out. Chris Paul foul out. He got three fouls early, goes to the bench. Manti Williams then takes a risk with forty five seconds left in the second quarter, puts Chris Paul back in the game to try to steal a couple of possessions. Yeah, you've been in the league fifteen years, you gotta know the one thing I can't do is foul. With two seconds left in the half, he fights for a rebounds fifty to fifty. Call foul. That's foul number four. Then early in the second half, Chris Paul did a thing that the NBA officially specifically changed the rules on because of Chris Paul, which is I'm dribbling the ball up court.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: You are just trying to run up quart as a defender. I swerve in your path and stop, so you run into me and I fall down. The NBA changed the rule this year to call that an offensive foul. He's got to know that. And then the six to one he grab dude's arm like I just don't have simp Jalen Brunson's arm. And if anybody should not be able to be like ah, I got screwed by a judgment call, it's not Chris. Paul has been tricking officials whole Career's great butler. Give me a breath, all right, we mentioned Gianis. Let's do Yanis quickly because we're a little overtime.
Speaker 4: As much as me and the Celtics would like to blame the losses on the officiating, yeah, we gotta admit. You know, Jannis has been beating us alone. But you know, if if Giannis doesn't take over.
Speaker 3: The Bucks are losing.
Speaker 4: And you always talk about how Lebron is held to a super high standard in the playoffs, isn't Gianni's held to that same standard, if not higher, well not higher.
Speaker 2: I've never seen an athlete hell do a more unfair or higher standard than Lebron. But yeah, Johannis, he'll do a crazy I sand best player in the league should be I mean, the the fact of the matter is Yiannis was like twenty five, ten and eight in the first two games. I don't think you played great. When you are the best player in the league, you have an expectation to be dominant more often than you're very good, and to once or twice a playoffs be bat That's why Yannis is on a different level than everyone else right now. And I've been saying Yiannis won Luca two folks killed me for it. I'm yet to see Luca one game, much less multiple games like we saw Kadie. You see Luca one game less, much less multiple games like Chris Paul has had or Jason Tatum has had. But Joel Embiid's been very good in these playoffs and he got hurt. I think that's gonna age really well. But the I think we're gonna we have a bet on Buck Celtics. It's not looking good for you now. By the time people see this, maybe the Celtics will have won Game four prediction for something that will have already happened. I think Tonight is the night, meaning yesterday when you guys hear this game, four is the night the box go crazy from three. The Bucks are up in this series and they're shooting twenty eight percent from three. That is bad news for Boston. When you guys are hearing or seeing this, I think it's three to one Milwaukee. It's a risky thing for me to do because I'm saying this before a game that will have actually already happened by the time you guys hear and see this or all look like a genius. Bucks hit at least sixteen threes, win easily, and it's three one Milwaukee. We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: We'll see about that champ.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and kind of Homy watch Unstoppable, now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: I can't believe the arrogance of these alleged journalists that cover the Nuggets, who might as well just have Yo Kicch tattoos, who are trying to take a victory lap about their MVP who got washed in Round one.
Speaker 4: Wait and you were you were saying in a segment that the postseason stuff doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: What it's just, it's just a regular season award.
Speaker 4: If like the postseason I know you're honest. Is like, you know, he's carrying, he's beating the Celtics and stuff.
Speaker 2: But I feel like when you see what the correlations, when you see what they look like with them or without them, of course, but it's just this and this guy says, you notice how silent Nick Right was when Yo Kicch was balling on Games four and five. I have a goddamn two hour television show every day, I do a podcast twice. I'm never silent about anything. Just here's the thing, folks, And I'm gonna sound real arrogant here. Okay, folks whose entire platform is Twitter, don't understand that people with an actual platform might be saying things about something without tweeting about Oh, tweets from Game four? No, just two hours on TV about it? You ready go love that?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Welcome back in Welcome Nick Wright podcast. We are an episode. This is unbelievable that we are an episode. I'm seventeen already, Demond's a it's a B block. What are we starting with?
Speaker 4: Hard net is best game as a seventy six are on Sunday? Yeah, since Embeat has come back, Philly hasn't lost a game.
Speaker 3: It's with Sunday. What we should expect from Harden and Beat or was this all just a mirage?
Speaker 2: It's not what you can expect from Harden and the thirty one, seven and nine. He might put up those similar numbers again, but the way he did it. So I tweeted this in real time, but that I said, I think this might be one of the best playoff fourth quarters of Harden's career. And then we checked this morning for the TV show and this was sixteen to the fourth was literally the most points Harden has ever scored in a playoff fourth quarter in a close win. He scored seventeen once in a blowout, but this was so it was the best fourth quarter because even vintage Harden, great James Harden struggled in the playoffs and the fourth quarter in close games. So you can't expect him to be this dominant as he was in the fourth quarter yesterday, but you should be able to expect him to occasionally pop for thirty points, but more importantly, even if they don't. And the reason I felt so strongly about Philly in this series was Miami has no answer for Mbi and Embiid was at sixty percent in Game three in Philly one. He was probably seventy five percent in Game four, and Philly won. I don't think Philly's gonna lose again this series. I think that Philly is in a spot right now where there's no answer for Embiid. He causes so much pressure because Miami is a great defensive team, but they're short.
Speaker 3: Bam is awesome, but.
Speaker 2: Bam is six ' eight Embiid seven to one, he's got to be close to three hundred pounds, and he's just so physically dominant that I think this is a bad matchup for Miami. I I have a real shot to be undefeated through two rounds of the playoffs. As far as series predictions I have for this round, I have I have the Bucks, Sixers, MAVs, and I have the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies one is on life support with Joab being injured, but so maybe three out of four. But if Joss hurt, then I feel like I'm off the hook, right if you have best player that's hurt. But I didn't even back down on the Philly thing when we found that Embid was missing the first two games, I said the same thing that I said about Luke in round one. If Embiid's back by game three, I think they can win. I don't think Miami has an answer. One other weird thing to watch with the Heat. Duncan Robinson signed a five year, ninety million dollars deal a year ago. Duncan Robinson made eight three pointers in the first game of the playoffs.
Speaker 3: He's played what a minute?
Speaker 2: He's played one minute, and he's not hurt. Since Game one of the playoffs, he has played a total The Heat have played eight games. He has played a total of forty four minutes. Now, I understand he's a defensive liability, but you you're supposed to be a great defensive team, and you are you need to be able to have a defensive liability out there when they're like fourteen of fifty from three in the last two games, when he can shoot like that, Duncan Robinson being thrown to the bench, glued to the bench, I should say, when he's an eighteen million year for the next three years is baffling to me. All Right, what's next?
Speaker 3: They need you in the they need you in the move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, a lot of these teams do. But the Heat are well coached. I just don't get it, all right, what's you know? Who? We did see yesterday though, real quick for the first time in forever, Markeith Morris. He made an appearance for the Heat, which was good for him because he did have to miss fifty games this year because the back to back MVP shoved him in the back when he wasn't looking and he got whiplashed.
Speaker 3: But nobody wants to talk about that on himself. We're not about this.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big mor Swins fan. He didn't get shoved in the back while he wasn't looking, all right, what's next?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: A few weeks ago on Twitter, you jokingly put out a tweet for US for Kyrie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, strangely enough, when Kyrie had the whole COVID thing going on, so there were rumors of Kyrie being traded for US.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So what do you think the chances that Lebron ever gets his old teammate back.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think Kyrie and Lebron are teaming up again. I think that it would be great for both parties. I think that Kyrie listen. Kyrie in his career, in his career, has played nine games in the playoffs after Round one without Lebron alongside. He has played zero Conference finals games without Lebron alongside him, zero NBA Finals game without Lebron alongside him. Now, Kyrie's out here talking about a four year dynasty in Brooklyn. I think it'd be better if they could put together four good weeks of basketball. But the problem with Kyrie and KD is neither one of being your two best players. You need somebody who knows how to lead a group of men, which in sports matters. And Kyrie and Katie, for how brilliant they are, is how brilliant Katie is a player, and how brilliant Kyrie is as an offensive player when he can be bothered to play. They've never been leaders. But yeah, I listen, the folks will at some point recognize that I know what the hell I'm talking about that I of course the Nets were shopping Kyrie, and of course Kyrie threatened to retire if he was traded. Like I said, all of this a long time ago, and of course there was There weren't a lot of teams that would are that interested in Kyrie with everything that goes along with him. The Lakers would be one of them. He had shooting, Lebron has won with him. So yeah, I mean, if the question is do I want to take a victory lap?
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 2: I am honestly a little exhausted, and I have a side stitch from all the victory laps I'm having to take recently. I mean, just nailed the Nets, I'm nailing the Suns and the MAVs. I nailed Buck Celtics, like a lot of victory laps. But okay, we can keep going, or we're gonna play a game now. This or that can make me more obnoxious than that, we'll find out.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, it is time for this or that, which fan base should be more upset Seahawks fans hearing Pete Carroll kpe up for Drew Locke, or Raiders fans watching Tom Brady admit.
Speaker 3: He fumbled in the Tuck Rule game.
Speaker 2: Oh, the answers, Seahawks fans. Everybody knew Tom Brady fumbled in the Tuck Rule game. And listen, Tom Brady, I get it. You know, he had gone third six hours without being a topic on talk shows, and he was like, I need to get my name back in the news cycle here. So he did some TikTok trend with Justin Bieber. But Pete Carroll acting like Drew Lock is anything other than one of the very worst quarterbacks in football is just a disaster. Why they haven't bit the bullet and traded for Baker Mayfield, I don't understand. Unless the answer is because they want to be terrible. If it's that they want to be terrible and try to get the number one pick.
Speaker 3: So be it, okay.
Speaker 2: But if they think they can actually compete with Drew Lock, they got another thing coming.
Speaker 3: All right. Baker Mayfield situation is what right now?
Speaker 2: Is he just no, they haven't released him, they haven't traded him. He's still on the Browns. I think the Browns might be quietly a little concerned about Wait, how long is Deshaun Watson going to be suspended? Is it possible he's suspended the whole year and we need a quarterback?
Speaker 3: That makes sense, But that's.
Speaker 2: Not what they're saying. What they're saying is they're going to move on from him, just nobody wants to pay him the eighteen million. All right, what's next?
Speaker 4: Odell went to the Sun's game in a Booker jersey. Yeah, which NFC contender should sign him, Arizona or Dallas?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: I don't know if we have a picture of what Odell was wearing. And I know this isn't the answer or the question, but the Dallas isn't going to sign him. I don't think they have the money. Arizona has spent so much on white They just made a first round for Hollywood Brown DeAndre Hopkins only going to miss six weeks. They've spent they have wide receivers, not what they need in Arizona. So I don't think either. My answer to that is neither. But I do. Odell's my buddy. I like him once point a time of his company, No, not his company. No, no, no, that's in the post show pod with de Monse. Odell once pon a time when you had hair similar to what he had, he facetimed you and told you what to do to keep it nice, like what products put in there? I like Odell. I can't say Tom Brady was like thirty six hours without getting attention without mentioning that Odell Beckham Junior wearing what he wore to that Sun's game, sitting where he sat. It's a little little attention start. Don't put this on social guys. This is a podcast exclusive for people who are watching and listening. But Odell Odell wearing the jersey and the shorts and the like multi colored jewelry.
Speaker 3: This is the same game where we have the do rag one right he just listen.
Speaker 2: There are certain folks that really really need in every instance to be the center of attention, even when they are literally not the center of attention, and listen. I have a little bit of that in me, you know, I talk into a camera and on my phone for a living. I get it. But it was I didn't think it was the best look imaginable. I thought it was a better court side look than Ben Simmons court side outfits when he wasn't playing, but not much. All right, what's last?
Speaker 3: What's worse? Michelson losing forty million dollars on gambling over four years. Yeah, or my breath? Okay, well your breath on the plane?
Speaker 2: On the plane, So can we show Demonse's tweet. Demanse took a trip to California this weekend and sent out what I thought was a very funny tweet. Dude, I'm sitting next on the plane. Gave me a piece of gum. I started eating the piece he gave me, and then he slid another one my way. He speaks no English, which made it even funnier. Breath must be mollow, and then a bunch of laughing emojis. First of all, props, I think that might be the first time you've ever properly used a Spanish term. I'll give you a fist bump. That's my fault, you know what. Hold on, let's have it. Let's have a parenting moment, you and me, because I can talk about a regret. We're gonna go just one minute overtime here. We maybe need to adjust the clocks. By the way, we're at seventeen episodes, and I think we need to adjust the clocks to twelve minutes twelve minutes, since we've literally never hit him except for once.
Speaker 3: He's about to get somebody fired.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not getting anybody fired. I blame myself for Demand's lack of a second language, because is I'm not proud of this. I once helped you cheat on a take home Spanish test. Do you remember you had like answer into a camera and I was holding up a camera with the words you needed to be able to say because I so badly wanted you to pass. Yeah, And then despite that, you didn't pass, and you were going to be ineligible for basketball that semester.
Speaker 3: And then we doubled down, and then I went to the.
Speaker 2: I went to the school and like begged the teacher to up his grade to make him eligible for the basketball team. And she did.
Speaker 3: It was like five point five needed to be like she needed to give me.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, but it was It's not like you needed like point five to get an a lead, a point five to pass and so and I look back and I'm like, ah, maybe if he had just you know, all suffer the pain of being ineligible that semestery, he would have actually learned some Spanish. But you know what, we live and we learn, and that's the curse of being the oldest is we make mistakes with you and then we don't make him with the with the girls. Uh.
Speaker 3: But the point.
Speaker 2: Of this was talk about Demanse's breath. Demse Demanse has amazing hydiate, the best hygiene of like any young man I've ever met, used to like refuse to go to dinner after basketball games. We go to your game and then want to go to dinner as a family, Like, no, I feel disgusting. I need to shower. It's gross. I'm like, can you just sit at dinner? No?
Speaker 3: All of that.
Speaker 2: With that said, when Demanse has bad breath, you think he's dying. No, for real, you really think like, oh my god, like do you have do you have a diase? Is something is that is? Is there something rotten somewhere? I don't know what the issue is. So you're not a bad breath guy, but when it is you had an early morning flight, my guess is you were hustling out of the house.
Speaker 3: I definitely brush well, you didn't brush him far.
Speaker 4: Noough, I had a really bad obelet at the sports bar at the airport.
Speaker 2: Okay, So whatever it was, I'm telling you, I know that poor gentleman sitting next to you was like, this is a six hour flight and he's going to burn through my man Like it's so I feel for that guy. As far as Mickelson, word on the street is that forty million dollar and gambling losses over four years is waylow.
Speaker 3: It's way lower.
Speaker 2: What No, forty million is lower than what.
Speaker 3: It actually is.
Speaker 2: Oh, that word on the street is that Phil Cheese, what big, big time problem gambling? That's just the word. There might even be an all time great gambler that's in jail now maybe the greatest sports game or whatever. Just google Phil Micholson Billy Walters and then figure out if wait, was Phil placing some of Billy's bets for him so he could get a lot of money down And if he was, those are winning bets usually, so if you are, if you win bets for someone else, they get that money. So if that forty million was it, maybe more than that possibly And now and you know too long didn't read version is wait, why is Phil Micholson teaming up with Saudi Arabia in a golf league. Oh that's what, because they might need the cash. We'll be right back. Welcome back. In last segment, What's Right with the Great podcast and YouTube show like rate subscribe review, Please do so kindly. Did you talk to your mom on Mother's Day?
Speaker 3: No, you're lying?
Speaker 2: I am you are lying.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just figured you'd give it a benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 2: Well, you were out of town. She was out of town. I didn't like it's you know what I mean? You might forget it was Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was just checking on you. I almost Do you remember a little backup? Do you remember four years ago when me and Bamani drove to Boston on Mother's Day?
Speaker 3: I was out here?
Speaker 2: Oh you might.
Speaker 3: No, No, you weren't. You were in schools.
Speaker 2: You were none of those four years ago. You were in California. No. So Mother's Day twenty eighteen, Game one Eastern Conference Finals Celtics Cavs. Bamani and I drove to Boston on Mother's Day to watch that game and then drove back that day. I missed the whole Bay.
Speaker 3: And still came back the same day.
Speaker 2: And it was the only game that entire playoff run. Lebron was bad and I just got heckled by Celtics fans the whole time. It was not an enjoyable experience, and none of it was good, none of it was worthwhile, and it cost me with your mom, But your mom is in Belize with your auntie for her birthday. Bleep, the age for her birth start for your auntie's birthday. So I'm like, oh, your mom's not here, So I really wanted to go. I had a plan because I had tickets waiting for me for the Sixers game, and I found great tickets for the MAVs game. And my plan was I was going to early Sunday morning, fly fly to Dallas for the game. The moment the game was over, fly to Philly, get there about mid second quarter, and then watch the end of that game, and then drive back here. And then I realized that it was going to be amazing. It's just going to be his epic day, and it was going to be expensive. But I have gotten so many speaking of bizarro film wicals and so many bets right in these playoffs. I've got money to spend on these playoff games. And then like literally Saturday night, you know who reached out to me, my sister, and she was like, so what are we doing? Like, are you coming over for Mom's thing tomorrow? I'm like, oh my mom. I'm like, oh my mom for Mother's Day. Not just my wife. My mom lives a half hour away. I almost I almost just just totally to do a multi NBA tour instead of seeing my own mother. My poor mother, who's gonna hear this and be super pissed.
Speaker 3: So how close did you get to going through with it? Before you?
Speaker 2: I was looking at flights, I was figuring out I was the flight. I had already decided I was doing the Dallas thing. The question was how far is it from the airline to the because there's two airports in Dallas, how how far is it from the arena to the airport in Dallas and in Philly to where? Did I have any chance of getting to Philly before the game was over because there was only like two hours between games. But it's not that long of a flight. I thought I was gonna be able to do it. It's gonna be historic. It was gonna be like a parent who says two kids playing in two different you see in the NFL sometimes, but instead I ate bagels and locks with my mother.
Speaker 3: Did you go to our house? Yeah?
Speaker 2: We did a whole thing. Yeah, you were out of town, your sister, older sisters working, your youngest sister was at a roller skating thing. It was just yeah, so I went. So I was almost terrible, son, Mom. Who is the most loyal viewer and listener of this? Just so you know, like I used to with my radio career, I'm a performer. What I'm saying is obviously for entertainment. It's like an actor on TV. You can't really believe what I'm saying. I love you, Happy Mother's Day. Talk to you guys in a few days.