Speaker 1: Hi, Hey, Bethany, nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: It's nice to meet you. Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: So this is Patrick McDonald.
Speaker 3: What I didn't realize is that you've worked on thirteen Bravo seasons across nine franchises and we've never crossed paths.
Speaker 2: That's right, I know. The one of the few that I have not done was New York.
Speaker 1: And how many production companies have you worked with?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, most of the shows I did, so I did Housewives of Atlanta, Potomac. I was doing a lot of the East Coast shows with Truly Original before I moved back out west and started doing a lot of Evolution shows, which is Beverly Hills, Orange County and vand of Pump Rules.
Speaker 1: Got it okay?
Speaker 3: So those of you who don't know, I was sent a video that you did that you posted was out on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yes, on Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 3: Okay, because there was a lot of media pickup of it. So you posted a video on Instagram and TikTok basically just expressing yourself and sharing your experience, and it seemed like something provoked you to just tell a portion of the truth about your experience as a reality television producer. Starting from the bottom and moving your way up through the ranks, Is that accurate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I've been working with Bravo for the past five years. I started as a logger, which is kind of at the bottom of the totem pole in terms of producers. Some shows call them loggers, some shows call them associate producers, but basically the people transcribing all the dialogue for the show so they can write a hot sheet for the network to see what happened. So I started there on Married to Medicine, and within five years, like with it before that, I mean, within like three years, I climbed the ranks from associate producer, a segment producer, field producer, senior field producer, to supervising producer. So you know, by the time I left, I was working I was directly under the co executive producers on those on my last three shows.
Speaker 3: So okay, So for people who don't know, when we started out and we were doing our own hair and makeup and everything was recorded in our living room versus now in a studio, there was usually one executive producer, like the head person in charge. And so now on shows this big, there are co executive producers, so they have two show runners. They're the ones running the show, and then you were right under the show runner, so you're like reporting directly to them, and they're making the whole machine work.
Speaker 2: Right, Essentially, I am so like the supervising producers and the field producers. Essentially, the field producers are the ones running the show in the field, the co executive producers and the secutive producers are usually in the office, you know, working on other things, but out in the field, like shooting the scenes day to day with the ladies as me and the other field producers.
Speaker 3: So if you go up into production offices, which in only rare cases do housewives or talents see behind the curtain at OZ, but in some cases when you're coming up over the years for economical reasons, you'd be doing interviews in the same space where the production offices are. So if you're doing your interviews in one room, you walk out and then you walk by that it sort of seems like a classroom and there's a big whiteboard and it's kind of got like the family tree looking type of thing where it's like, here's this person and they're having a fight with this person so we have to get these two together.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it's like, so you've got Jane and Jill, but Bobby over here knows something that we need to get to Jill. So we need to get Bobby and Jane together before you know, got it, Jill and Jay get together. You know what I mean? Basically, if you're going into a scene. Was something I usually tell people is like, if you know cast members, if you're going into a scene and there's something that you really don't want to talk about, you can pretty much guarantee that you're going to be asked about that thing today exactly, you know.
Speaker 3: And so you spoke fairly briefly compared to what this interview will be like, and it was sent to me and it's gotten a decent amount of pickup.
Speaker 1: And I was moved by how beloved you.
Speaker 3: Are and how former cast members begrudged, cast members, current cast members, crew members, like people in the community verified and validated you, saying that you had a great reputation and that cast and crew alike loved you, which, by the way, we all know that it's very rare that a cast member is liked by everyone. You're a bad reality participant or a housewife. If everyone likes you, that would be the definition of being a bad house wife. If everyone likes you, something's wrong. Because there's always it's a zero sum game.
Speaker 2: I mean, content is King. That's the thing that you hear the most doing these shows. So the biggest priority is what's happening on screen, and that is a theme that is prevalent across the board. So yeah, I mean in so many words like if it's not happening on the screen, like, it's not the priority. You're holding a camera, You've been holding a camera for five hours and you need to pee. Well, sorry, these two ladies are going in on their second hour talking about the same thing. You're gonna have to wait to pee or eat, you know, right, unfortunately. So that's kind of the content is King mentality. Is this blanket umbrella used to justify putting all these crew members through, you know, extreme working conditions and you know, keeping it moving. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So there have been many people who have wanted to talk on this podcast, and it's not that I've distanced myself from the reality reckoning that I started. It's that there's nothing I can really fully do to control it. The thing that's interesting about you, and why I was interested in talking to you is because you are not a disgruntled employee. You were not fired, you have a career, you're earning an income, You're not suing anyone. So you are just expressing yourself, which is courageous because like me, there's no upside to you doing this, like you're doing this because what it's se you'll tell me why you're doing this, But from my viewpoint, you are doing this because you just think it's the right thing to do, which is courageous because so many crew members have reached out to me, and you're a crew member, which makes this drastically different. You never you didn't monetize in the way that a housewife did. You didn't make millions of dollars. You're not begging to come back. You are a crew member. And I talked a lot about the crew members because they are invisible and forgotten, and many people feel exploited in the crew community. But they don't have a void because they don't have the same value. And that became really prevalent during the strike because during the strike everybody was out of work. But housewives can make money doing other things and be home doing Zooms, the crew really could not make any money, and they also didn't have a voice, and they were desperate to get work again, so they certainly weren't going to say how they felt.
Speaker 1: So you stand out.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for saying that. Well, yeah, I mean, obviously the reality reckoning happening a couple of years ago definitely like started this conversation, you know, And I think that you know, I was working on vander Pump Rules in the midst of that happening, and I will say just from like the vibe of the crews and the people that I worked with, because, like you said, crew members and people behind the scenes don't have as loud of a voice, Like their voices weren't being represented as loudly in that beginning of that movement. You know, you had a lot of big cast members coming out and speaking of their you know, mistreatment and the things that they went through. And I know you said, you know, you talked to some crew members as well, but even still, like I just because those people aren't known, their voices aren't amplified, it kind of gets lost in the sauce. So I feel like at the beginning of that movement, like maybe like some of the crew's producers didn't feel as represented in that at the beginning, you know, so because they weren't like seeing their stories kind of being talked about and the things that they've gone through being talked about as loudly and as prevalently as some of these BRA celebrities. But they're there, the stories are there. I mean, like like you said, I have been so blown away and overwhelmed by the response that I have gotten since I posted those videos. I'm talking like hundreds and hundreds of messages from crew members, producers, cast members past and present, like you said, thanking me for saying the things I said. Thank you for saying the things that we've all been wanting to say for years but haven't been able to because we need to work. You know.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So I am. I do feel like I'm in a unique position now because I don't want to go back to that you know what I mean. I don't want to go back to that grind. I've found, you know, so much more of a peaceful life, you know, doing OnlyFans, you know, doing my own thing, generating my own income and being in charge of my own stuff, you know.
Speaker 1: Setting your own limits and the way you are treated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Let's compare your work self worth and work life balance experience on Only Fans between OnlyFans and working on reality TV and Bravo financially, emotionally, spiritually, all of it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean, I can tell you with one hundred percent conviction that my life is far less toxic and filled with much less drama now that I am working like in adult entertainment on OnlyFans than I was when I was working in reality you know, like I said in the video I posted, on most of these shows, you're working like six days a week, You're shooting five days, and then a lot of times on these shows there's a six day which has spent in the office looking at that whiteboard all day. So you've got a Sunday off, you know, to get your laundry done, to get your earan's done, and get your life back together before you're shooting the next day. My life is completely different now. I like spend months set of time traveling to different countries to film for OnlyFans, and most of the time on these trips is spent like enjoying myself and having fun, and like maybe fifteen percent of the time is spent filming, you know, and working, editing, doing that kind of stuff. So the work life balance is just completely different. I mean in terms of my mental health and my peace and just like my general happiness and enjoyment of life. It's night and day, you know, night and day. I feel like from I'm working on those shows, I mean, you are living for that show for those three four months while you're in production on a housewive show or I mean, that is your life, you know, especially if you're on location.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about the quality of the work, the actual work and the morality of the work. What about the actual work, what you're doing, how do you feel about it?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean I will say that I feel that reality TV is far more invasive than adult entertainment than OnlyFans, you know, and I'm having sex with people, you know what I mean. And it's like that is much less invasive to me than some of the things that I have been behind the camera for filming for these shows.
Speaker 3: You know, you feel more morally compromised on reality television than you do doing adult entertainment.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. I mean, I don't feel morally compromised at all. Doing adult entertainment, Like it's the most human, humanly natural thing a human can do is to like have sex. Right, So I don't think I have I don't feel anything im moral about what I'm doing on OnlyFans, But yeah, there were definitely some moral dilemmas that I experienced in my later years at Bravo for sure.
Speaker 3: What are the biggest moral dilemmas you faced doing reality television? What were the moments where you questioned your own integrity.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was me questioning my own integrity, but questioning what it is we were all doing as a whole. I don't think it was one singular moment. I think it's been a journey, okay getting there. I mentioned in the video that I made. I think at the beginning, the first couple of years, I was like blinded to the toxic environment by my excitement to just be there. You know, I was a Housewives fan. I've watched it for years before I started producing these shows, and it was like fun. You know, they're like, oh shit, I'm in here, Like, oh, we'sturn some shit up between like candy and charat. You know, like you know you're having a good time, and then you know, as time goes on, you're like, oh wow, this is like really taking a toll on this woman here, you know, like or this just seeing how absolutely spent the my colleagues were and barely even being able to like stay awake at times on these cash trips because they're so exhausted. But I will say in terms of the content we were shooting, the first time, I like kind of paused and took a step back to myself internally, was like, whoa wait, what are we doing here? Well, I would have to say was during scandabal with that reunion with Rachel Levis fascinating. Yeah, that was uh, you know, I produced both of the scandaball seasons of Faint of Pump Rules. I did seasons nine and ten, and and so my first season was season ten when that big scandal broke at the very end. And it's so funny because you know, I worked really closely with Rachel that season about kind of like finding her voice and like stepping into her own. This is kind of like she's coming out of her relationship with James and she's now a character on the show on her own, so she's not part of this couple anymore. So we kind of talked a lot about like stepping into her own power as you know, as an individual on the show, and we really like leaned into that a lot. And she had a great season that year. Like during production, that was Raquel's season, Like everybody knew it. Everybody was talking about it, like, oh my god, like look at this. By the way, going into that season, you know that she was the highest rated cast member in terms of market research, Like wow, coming out of season nine and going into ten, she was the highest rated one more than Lisa.
Speaker 1: Oh what a fault, what a demise?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so and even like after we kind of got to the end of filming, it was like Raquel really really gave us a season here, you know, and she was kind of like having a hero arc actually. And then you know, a few weeks after rewrap, of course we all know what happened. But yeah, that was a fascinating thing to be a part of and to witness. And look, I don't want to act like sitting here, like the entire time we were going through it, I was like this is problematic and fucked up, you know what I mean. It wasn't like that it was kind of like, you know, this is the job I've been doing for years, but suddenly there's this amplified attention on this and the vitriol from the world that started to kick up was pretty intense, you know. And so for a couple of weeks, like here you had and look, I understand that this was a very upsetting thing, and I have a lot of empathy for what Arianna went through on that show, you know, and and all the pain that she experienced. Absolutely, but like Arianna had like the entire world rallying around her, you know what I mean, So in that moment, you know, that's a lot of support and that kind of can soften the blow of this really painful experience she was going through, which she's entitled to feel about however she feels, right. But then on the flip side, you have Rachel and thom Sandibal, who are suddenly like the most hated people in America. And so for weeks you're building up to this like amping it up, amping it up, amping it up, of this vitriol towards them, and then we get to this reunion where I mean, they and specifically specifically Rachel got annihilated, you know, So I spent that entire day with Rachel that reunion. We met super early in the morning, went and shot like a one on one interview with and Andy, and then I rode in the van with her together over to the reunion stage. Like we stopped and got a smoothie on the way there, and just kind of worth catching up, you know, like since because we weren't filming, you know, when that all happened, So like I hadn't seen her in a minute, so we were just kind of like catching up on everything that had been going on and and what she'd been going through. And I like, I could only imagine what she felt like that day. Being swept shamed by the entire world is something I don't think many people could understand. I don't even know what it could have felt like, but I know that it couldn't have felt good, you know. So we get to that reunion and you know, we were in this trailer like across the street the whole day because you know, there was like a restraining order filed so her and Sheena couldn't be in the same building. So Quel was in a trailer watching most of the reunion until it was her turn to come on stage. So it was such a wild experience because it felt like I was like sitting there with someone and you're like watching a Housewives reunion, right, and you're like you're seeing you know, Phedra like annihilate Kenya, you know, with some read right, and then it's like sending. It's like watching that and like all right, now it's your turn. You're gonna go in there and get read by them, or you know. It was it was a wild experience to watch your reunion with the person who everyone is talking about and just destroying.
Speaker 3: And what did you feel like her going into that? What was she walking into.
Speaker 2: We sat there for hours watching, you know, just and look, I love a lot of those girls on that show. I think they're great and I care for them a lot. Everybody was really upset that day, and at that time it was a moment of pause. You know. Yeah, so I'm sitting there with her for hours watching everyone trash her, and then it's like, well, all right, let's walk on over. You're ready. You know. It felt like I was walking her into a firing squad, you know, like we were walking the green mile to her execution.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then sitting there and just like watching her get just destroyed for look making a mistake. I mean, look, they made a mistake, you know, which I think is the most human thing we can do. We all make mistakes. So I think it just like the sensationalism of it all just kind of folded in on itself and like everyone got so amped up by it, and like and the cast got amped up by it, and then the more attention the show got, it was just like it was at a level like one hundred, you know. And so you get her in there, and I mean, I'm sorry, but to be called subhuman and to be told that you should be fucked by a cheese greater like on national television, I think is pretty pretty unacceptable and disgusting. But but you know, like I'm pretty sure ten years from now, when we look back and watched that reunion again, I think people will look at that with a different set of eyes as a society.
Speaker 3: And I think ten days, I think when Rachel sat down, when she walked into talking to me, one hundred percent of the country hated her. Now I think probably fifty percent like she got because people have said to me on the street, oh my god, because people I have the chills. I have no frame of reference. And people criticized me for interviewing her when I wasn't a fan of the show. I hadn't watched the show. I saw that and I thought amy insane, Like what could she did? She kill someone's mother? Like she was annihilated and emotionally abused, and when she tried to walk off the reunion, she was told to come back. Yeah, so I think you're it's interesting because it became better ratings to despise her, like it was working for everybody, was working for the network, it was working for the people, the cast members. It just became good television and good ratings to hate her. And you know, there's a line, and it crossed it. And they would have paid her anything to come back too, So she didn't go for the money. Like there are things that people criticize people about. And yes, she made a drastic mistake. And I don't even I know her from the interview and from this experience, So it's not like I'm vouching for her. I'm saying she's a human.
Speaker 2: I know that. Yeah, I mean she chose her piece. She chose her piece over this whole glitz and glamor of this whole thing, because I think she realized that she didn't want to wear the golden handcuffs anymore.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: So, what responsibility do you think that Andy and Lisa who were there? Andy's a figurehead at the network, if not technically a producer, he used to be a producer. He's a figurehead at the network. That he and Lisa vander Pump, who's an executive producer, what responsibility do they hold in that experience? And also in asking her about her meds? And then what responsibility does the production hold, the production company hold, and then the network like who are the characters and what responsibility do they all bear in this type of situation? Well, no one said anything. It's like someone's bleeding on the side of the road and no one said anything. So does anyone bear that responsibility or do they all bear that responsibility?
Speaker 1: Who's accountable?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I guess that would have to fall on the production company in the network. I guess. I mean they're all there, you know, the head of the production company is there at the reunion. Network executives are there at the reunion. The people who had the power to intervene in any way we're all there, you know what I mean? I think that if one of them had done that, I think that it would have been listened to, you know, Okay, I mean in the moment when it's all happening, like, I don't think I was thinking like who's doing something about this or whatnot. I just think in the moment I was thinking like holy shit, like this is brutal and this is this is like painful to watch, you know, and it's like is this God? Is this all right? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like Okay, Well, that's that's where the moral compass comes in because as a person in reality TV, I've said it's the upside down. So what's happening in my from my point of view is you're excited something's happening because it's good for the show. So what's good for the show is not good for the individual and for the for the for the mental health. What is extraordinary for the show? What is game changer? Ratings, Emmys and like can make or break a show that was on its last legs is horrendous for the individual. So it's almost like big corporation is making all this money, but the people out there are getting cancer by being exposed to the radiation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that's definitely at the expense. It's all coming in someone's expense. You know, any big story, in saalacious event that happens on these shows is coming at a huge price to someone, you know, and it's uh, it can be crazy, and you're right, drama and salacious scandals are rewarded on these shows.
Speaker 3: So have you heard from anyone from Bravo or anyone from you know, production or anything like that since you posted your video.
Speaker 2: I have not heard anyone direct like from directly from Bravo. No. I did, however, get one call from someone that was trying to steer me in the opposite direction, and that was from Lisa vander Pump.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh interesting. Do you have a relationship with her?
Speaker 2: Well, I worked with her for two years, you know, I produced two seasons of vander Pump Rules. We always had a really great working relationship. You know, we weren't super close or anything, but you know, always had a great, great relationship. I haven't spoken to her since we wrapped season eleven of vander Pump Rules. And then over the weekend after I posted the video, I got a call from Lisa and I mean, I really hate to say this because I'm very disappointed by the call, but in my opinion, she was calling to manipulate me and use In my opinion, she was calling to extract information from me, to see what I was going to do next, to give me the name, specific names, and to discourage me from speaking out on this. Unfortunately, I think she was trying to exploit my good relationship with her and take advantage of our good working relationship to get information from me on behalf of someone at either the production company or the network. And if she's very close with people at the top of the production company and people at the top of the network, what's bad for Bravo's business is bad for Lisa Vanderpump's business. And look, I'm a reality TV producer. I know how to extract information from someone, and I know when someone's doing that.
Speaker 3: To me fascinating. That's so fascinating. I would never have thought of that on my own. Well, that's so fascinating.
Speaker 2: Interesting, like you, Well, yeah, I mean, I did two seasons of that show with Lisa. We talked to her a lot of times before a scene where we were going to talk to one of the cast members, and I've seen her do this very thing too many of them, you know what I mean, And so it was kind of mind blowing for me to be sitting here in Thailand. It's eleven PM and I get a call from Lisa Vanterpump. The first words out of her mouth after staying hello were, so, is it just these two videos then? Or is there more to come? You know, like trying to see if I was going to be continuing to speak, but all under the guise of our friendship. You know, she's calling me as a friend and no one had she had spoken to no one about this beforehand. I think she reiterated that about three times on the phone call.
Speaker 1: You're the only person she spoke to.
Speaker 2: And well, I was like honestly disappointed in her by the call because I knew exactly what she was doing, you know what I mean. And uh, it's did not feel good to get that call, honestly, And I mean, what it told me is that like they're listening, you know what I mean, They hear what I'm saying, and they know that I'm right, you know.
Speaker 1: Yes, And so you're strong.
Speaker 3: You're the strongest person I've spoken to so far. Period period the end, everybody talks a big game.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know, she called me, and you know, she was saying, like, you know, you know how much I loved working with you, and how I know how empathetic you are, and you have such a bright future ahead of you. I would just hate to see you do something that's going to cost you jobs in the future. And then when I kind of you know, she didn't ask me, like, do you still want to work in this industry? And I was like, you know, not really, you know, my life's kind of moving in a different direction. And she asked me, like, what do you stand to gain from doing all of this? And I said, well, Lisa, I don't. Well, I think the reason that a lot of people are resonating with what I'm saying is because I don't really stand a lot to gain from what I'm doing here other than trying to like initiate some change for these hard working crews, you know, on my way out. So I don't like really see a negative side. And honestly, the only people that would have a problem with what I said in that video are the people who are perpetuating the toxic culture that I speak of.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: So for me, it felt like this call was coming on behalf of the realm, and I felt really gross to be like manipulating, and it just it was kind of comical to me to have it being done to me in such a way that I've seen it being done to these other cast members.
Speaker 1: Oh, you were a cast member for a moment, like you were a cast member.
Speaker 2: Yes, she was trying to produce me. Yeah, she was trying to produce me. Wow, you know, I felt like she was trying to produce me. So yeah. And she also then began hounding me for names of specific people who were mistreating the crew, you know, so like Jolie, who are these showroomers that are treating the crew horribly? And I'm like, well, Lisa, there's many showrunners that do that, you know, And she's like, well, who specifically I need to know because I'm in charge of hiring these people that I need to know so I don't hire them, you know, And I'm like, okay, you know, I didn't, like, you know, I didn't take de bait. But it felt like it was such a blatant manipulation to me because then in the next breath she was talking about well, I mean, would you would you want to come back to vander Pump rules, you know? And I was like, no, I wouldn't want to come back to vander Pump Rules at this point, you know what I mean. So I just kind of felt like throwing things at the wall, like, oh, well, maybe he wants to come back or I don't know. It was it was very strange. It was like throwing things at the wall to see what might work well, scaring you out of your future jobs. Oh well he doesn't care anymore, Okay, well maybe would you want to come back to this or do you what? It was just very much like trying to get a gauge of where I was, where my mind was, to see like what kind of strategy we could move forward with, you know what? That's yeah, that's what it very much felt like. And then she was so she kept literally pressing for names, and I was like, Lisa, you know, I'm not going to say any names, and she goes, come on, now you open the door, now walk through it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what when you're ironically trying to protect the crew, which brings me.
Speaker 2: To ask, I know, I'm like, why would you? Why would anyone have a problem with us speaking out about crew members being mistreated and like don't you want the crews to be taken care of on your shows? Like why do you want me to stop talking about this? This is important? You know?
Speaker 1: So why now?
Speaker 3: Why me?
Speaker 1: Why here?
Speaker 2: Why now? I think it's important for me to speak about this now because I have the opportunity to. You know, I'm no longer at the mercy of these networks or the production company. They have nothing that I want any longer. So I have nothing to lose by speaking out on these mistreatments that are going on. And if I can impart some change on my way out of these shows, then why would I not want to do that? If on my way out I can make their lives a little better or maybe initiate some change and bring some light to this, then That's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: There's an audience faction, it's reduced, but that are like they will say, oh, Bethany, they you know this is they made you. They did not make me. I was successful in anything I was going to do. I'm more successful now astronomically in different spaces than then. So I was going to be successful because I grew up in a very abusive, crazy life at the racetrack, and I am a survivor. It is why I'm aggressive, and it's who I am. But they made money off my back. They got other people to do that show based on the success that I had. I'm the only one that's ever had that level of success. And the other people would come and do the show and say to producers, I'm sure you've heard it that they wanted to do what I had done. So many producers I'm not going to name the names, have said to me, oh my god, every Housewife comes in and says they want to do what Bethany did, so coming for me, it doesn't land because people are like, oh my god, you made more money than anyone and you want to shoot on the hand that fed you, And I'm like, I've fed the hand too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well literally also case in point, I mean it goes for the crew too. I mean there was a report that came out recently that Housewives generated over three hundred million dollars for Peacock last year. All while the rate of pay for producers and crew members has gone unchanged for like the past decade. You know, there's been no increase in the rates of each position in so many years. While the network and Peacock is raking in millions and millions and millions of dollars, how about putting some of that money in the cameraman's pockets who is literally carrying the show on his back, or putting those in the pockets of the producers who are working day and night to bring these stories to life. Maybe maybe compensate them for some of the work they're doing and maybe start treating them better.
Speaker 1: Well, here's who has reached out to you.
Speaker 3: Which is interesting because, like I said, I started this by saying, it's remarkable the people who are currently on the show would would say something to you.
Speaker 1: So there's a ship.
Speaker 2: So these are the people who commented publicly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are the people that commented publicly. Crystal Kung Minkoff, you were a shining light during very challenging experiences for me miss seeing you on a daily heart the real Candice, my Darling Gaga, you shine for all of us in a world that is sometimes dark, twisty and convoluted.
Speaker 2: You are a light.
Speaker 1: You are brave. I love you so much. And then she said.
Speaker 3: Reality TV cast and crew Needa union full stop. Thank you for saying the quiet part out loud, Love you down. And then Vander Pump Rules Co executive producer, Love you and loved working with you.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Sharis Jackson, Jordan Potomac happiness over everything. You're such an amazing person and by far one of the realist producers in the industry.
Speaker 1: Wishing you the very best.
Speaker 3: Robin Dixon Potomac, I love you, Patrick Jason Augustine, who's an audio mixer on Winter House said absolutely loved working with you. Thank you for saying all this. I wish you the very best in your endeavors. The whole industry needs to be unionized. Lauren Flucker, segment producer, two seasons Real Housewives of Atlanta, also Beverly Hills my mentor, I'm gonna cry, my mentor my friend. I love you and is always I appreciate your transparency. I so hate that it came to this, because your passion for any project or show you take on is truly aspirational. I've become a better producer and person under your tutelage and with your advocacy.
Speaker 1: We see you. Thanks for sharing. I love you.
Speaker 3: And then last DP and head of Camera Department vand Apart, Brules Patrick, I consider you one of the best producers I've ever known, but more importantly, I consider you a friend. So while we may be losing one of the best producers out there, I'm just glad you found that work life balance. So many of us in the reality TV industry are constantly chasing love you, brother. Those people will have been reprimanded by now, and I give them a shout out too, because it's courageous even to like and comment on your video, which they did, which speaks to you and why we're talking and why so many people have reached out to me. But I wanted to talk to you because I felt that you had the best intentions with no agenda.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Bethany. I do appreciate that very much, and I appreciate you inviting me on to talk about this and to continue this conversation about this treatment that's clearly been going on for many years now, Like you said, started doing this like two years ago, and I'm glad to see that people are starting to talk about it again and that it's starting to come back up. I mean, you just read all of those amazing things that people said about me. I mean, I feel that way about those people. You know, So those people are still in that world. They're still working, they're still doing that, They're still busting their ass on those cast strips, they're still schlepping around these tropical locations in the heat, you know, sweating.
Speaker 1: So were you nervous about talking to me about it?
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: Actually I'm flattered and grateful that you chose to talk talk to me, hear about it, because I don't really talk about this stuff that much, you know often.
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't nervous to talk to you at all. I mean, you're you know, you've been in it. You know what I mean, So you get it. So you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: You've seen it, so you know, Listen, you should be very proud of yourself. You should feel strong. You should feel honored that you're speaking up, that you're living in your truth, that you're doing what you want to do. It's very hard to speak up. These are very powerful entities that are layered and tentacles and they will. You know, this is extremely courageous. I have to say this to you. This is extremely courageous. Like I said, I recognize that even the people commenting they're not in my financial position. They don't you know, they don't have a nest egg. This is extremely honorable and courageous where people live paycheck to paycheck. So that I would like to say, you are a class act. You are honorable, you are honest, you are courageous, You have no agenda, you're the best intentions.
Speaker 1: People love you.
Speaker 3: You're beloved by cast, by crew, you are respected, and I'm really grateful, So I thank you, Thanks Tethany, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Go pers walk back to after walk back, the faster